Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  6:32:16 PM  Show Profile
I think you're right Darlys. I sure do miss it.

Glad I made ya smile Judy!

Pam, you need to eat your spinach! Hope the sofa bed works out.

Working on making some soap tonight. Shea butter with jasmine and lavender flowers.

We got some rain so it canceled the football game plans. Maybe next week.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  9:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Pam, we always called sofa beds or hide-away-beds "the jaws of despair". They always seem to be so uncomfortable with the center bar hitting you in the middle of your back. The jaw part comes from how you open up the bed.like a big jaw opening to swallow you up...Ok so it sounds different when I write it. But it is always the big joke in my family.

Kimberly, good for you supporting your friend. Life doesn't always go the way we planned. It is good to have unconditional friends and love.

Tammy, so sorry about your son. The military has always been pretty insensitive to families and the needs of their soldiers. I told my son, when you go in.. they own you. I'm sure he will be glad for that leave when it does come around again.

School is going ok. My art teacher is a joke though. We started class 30 minutes late. The first hour is suppose to be drawing a model. But she was 30 minutes late so he just visited and took role. I was so bored! After we finished the drawing, he was still just wandering around socializing. I had to go up and ask what the painting students could do to start learning something. He looked surprised and I was able to get him to actually sit down with me and give me some instruction. Mind you there are 6 other painting students in the room and he didn't call them over or attempt to include them. I was smart enough to ask about what I should do next week so I'm not sitting with nothing to do.
Thankfully my business and accounting classes are much different. More structure and assignments. I'm a bit intimidated with my online class. There are too many moving parts. Too many steps to do the assignment, find the files I need, and how to turn it in. Not to mention, videos, an online journal and group discussions. Thankfully I found out the library has a person that can help me. School is so different than it was 35 years ago.

Not much else going on. Mom is home from the hospital and acting like a total invalid. She has this pump attached to her shoulder where they operated. She got some strange infection and the pump cleans everything out. She has full use of both arms.. no pain, just this portable pump on a strap. However, she was able to talk the hospital into having someone come and bath her and spends all her time in bed. She said if I wasn't around to cook and clean, she would have called the church to get ladies to cook and clean for her. Blows me away how lazy she is.

Anyway, just had to vent a bit.. sorry. Other then that I'm doing fine. Teaching a quilting class this weekend, getting my homework done and still have a bit of time for sewing.

Pam, I agree with Julie, eat your spinach!

Later farm girls!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2011 :  9:57:27 PM  Show Profile
FarmDream - I wish you were closer! I want to make goat milk soap, even have a bunch of milk in the freezer waiting for me to have enough time to do it. Wish I had someone experienced like you beside me when I do it. I've only made soap once and it was a long time ago and it wasn't milk.

Pam - Gonna show my ignorance.... what is PCOS? Ear infections are horrible. I nearly lost my hearing to them as a child so I understand your pain. I suggest using Collodial Silver, garlic/goldenseal oil and Hyland makes a great ear drop for ear infections too. I've used them for my children but didn't know about them in time to help me. :) You can take the silver in your mouth and put it in your ear.

You ladies are too kind. Thank you. I think what is bothering me is I don't know if she didn't tell me because she's upset with herself and knows my stand on such things (I was a virgin on my wedding night at 30 years old and I told my husband before we got married if I wasn't a virgin on that special day I wouldn't wear the beautiful white dress because I wouldn't deserve to and I'd be ashamed and crushed to my very soul for the rest of my life. He took the inititive and kept me pure for our day) or if she didn't tell me because I'm such a horrible person that she was waiting for me to berate her. No one is perfect, everyone screws up. I'm the farthest thing from perfect I've EVER met. He that is without sin cast the first stone. I remember one time as a teenager coming up to my father and asking him, "What would you do if I was pregnant?" Poor Daddy he about keeled over. I quickly reassured him that I wasn't but that there were girls in school getting pregnant and their parents were kicking them into the street. And I just wanted to know what he would do. Once he could breathe again, my Daddy told me that he would be deeply disapointed but no matter what he would always love me, be there for me and help me. He wouldn't tell me I was right if I was wrong but he would always support me, even if I screwed up. Gives a girl such confidence in life to know they've got someone like my Daddy to fall back on. I had hoped I was that kind of a friend for my bestfriend. But maybe I'm not. Maybe I've said or done something to leave her thinking I would condemn her. Like my Daddy I'll take a stand for what is right but I'd never toss someone away just because they made a bad choice. I hope she knows that.......

On a happier note I bought the fleece today and it was 50% off!!! SWEET. I got a solid blue and then a blue and white pattern with snowflakes. There's a blue in it that matches the solid one. I can just picture him snuggled up in it this winter when it's 40 below and the wind is blowing outside but he's cozy because his Tante sent him a warm blankie. Probably sounds insane but I actually miss getting snowed in and sitting around the woodstove with hot chocolate and pretending the world doesn't exist. Of course I was never truly snowed in because we always had 4X4s and equipment and were accustomed to driving on frightening roads. I'll never forget the day that I was hauling the team out for our horse logging and my parents told me afterwards that they stood and watched my truck going up the hill of sheet ice and thinking, "If she makes it up that hill she should be fine" Poor Daddy, I was driving his Dodge Cummins one ton and pulling his very expensive stock trailer. Now I'm homesick!!! :P

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  07:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, praying for you, strength and peace.

Pam, maybe you are a bit allergic to something. I am with Kim, had a horrible time with ear infections as a child, a bit hard of hearing in one ear due to that problem. Lots of things can cause them but try Kim’s ideas to try to get it gone.

Kim, she is probably disappointed in herself. But difficult as it is going to be for her a child is a blessing to be loved and enjoyed. Good job standing by her. Its always our job to love people where they are at.

Bunny, sounds like that art teacher knows that he is only a class to get graduation points and is not used to having someone really interested. He might come around since he can see that you want to know what he has to offer.

Double Rainbows are the best! There is a good light show on the internet, the aurora from the space station,
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE58zoVvRVw

Kim I understand. Winter can be just fine if the woodbox is full and you can sit and enjoy the experience.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  09:19:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I am still missing addresses for 3 people in the Ornament exchange.
Dianne, Theresa and who ever had the month of April. If you have their addresses, could you please email them to me. I don't want them to miss out. I feel terrible I can't remember who had April. Peeeggggyyyy where are you! I know you have all this stuff for sure!

Anyway, I'm spending today getting ready for my class tomorrow. Hopefully they will buy a little extra fabric from me for their projects.

Have a awesome weekend!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  11:54:13 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly- I got curious and looked up the process for making soap with milk. So basically , know ahead of time how much water you would have used and replace that with milk (any kind). They suggest freezing it in an ice cube tray or at least get it a little slushy. Then when you are ready you stir in your lye, not letting the temp get above 90 degrees. So this step will take a long time. I usually get my other oils and butters heated and mixed, grind flowers, get the soap mold ready, etc. during this time. I sell almost all of the soap and keep the scraps pieces for us. Here's a pic of the soap from yesterday. I used bubble wrap to line the soap mold. Now the hardest part...letting it sit for 4 weeks.

Well, back to getting ready for work this weekend and getting the house in order. Not sure if we're going up to the school's movie night.

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  1:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I only have a few minutes before the pain meds knock me out agian. Sorry if I misspell anything really badly. I'm stoned out of my gourd on the dentists drugs! LOL! No pain for right now. YIPEEEE!!!

I have no more broken tooth and he said the other teeth should feel better as well. He gave me some stuff for infection and inflamation, which he says is the problem with the other tooth that is hurtin me. The root is dyin, but the pills he gave me should kill the infection and inflamation enough to make the process less painful. He said it is almost dead, but should remain in my gums pretty safely for another year or two before it must come out.

Hubby says they are all comin out in about 8-10 months. He is startin a new job, drivin a truck agian, which he will work for 6 months. Then he is gonna switch to a company his buddy works for that pays better and has really good, reasonably priced insurance that will pay for all of the snap in dentures except for the things that they put in my jaw, which will cost about $4500 total. It's not a bad deal and will fix alot of my mouth and health problems.

Dentist says that the constant infections and swellin from the teeth bein bad is alot of my 'yuck'(his word) feelin. He said that my teeth are dyin from the inside out, nothin I can do to fix it but get rid of them. Also found out I don't have allergies, just overgrown tooth roots touchin my sinus cavities!

Thats great news for me! I have always thought it was a cruel joke that I am a super passionate gardener with allergies! I am so excited to get them fixed and not have sneezin, snifflin, runnin nose fits everyday anymore!

I am gonna go lay on the couch and nap while Hubby and the kids are out doin the shoppin. I bet he's missin me right about now somethin fierce! He usually plays with the kids and stuff while I do the actual shoppin, now it's his turn to find out what I go through when he's not with me! PAYBACK!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  3:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Pam - Get your Vitamin D level checked, too. If you aren't absorbing your D naturally, you might have to kick it up several notches. Found out that was making me tired. Once I was "loaded" with it and then on supplements (more than usual) my energy started coming back.

And, I had a sofa bed for a long time. I put a piece of plywood behind the couch that I could pull out and slip under the mattress when I needed it. Then I got one of those egg carton foam things and put a super thick mattress pad on top of it. My aunt said it was better than most beds she had slept on (she was 88 at the time).

Keep at it, Bunny. You'll do great. Sorry your mom is being a burden.

Julie, I'm going to have to get on etsy and get some of your soap. It sounds too luscious! And, I'm going to check out DiCicco's this weekend to see if it matches your picture. Is that your daughter? She is sure cute.

Hi Cherime!

Tammy, praying for that job offer in either Fargo or Moorhead. Waiting to hear ..... Oh, and have fun at the festivals.

Judy, love ya, gf.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  4:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - Haha that's funny :). We had a hide-a-bed when we moved into our old house & it was actually fairly comfortable. Not big, by any means, but it was good enough for the few times that we had to use it. My sister has (or did have it) it now in her basement. She also has a futon that she hates lol. I only slept on it once when I heard a mouse in the bedroom at her old place. And it honestly wasn't that bad. At least not that once :p.

Kimberly - "PCOS is an endocrine-metabolic disorder that results in over-production of male hormones in women, called androgens, which lead to many of the unwanted body changes. The havoc PCOS causes is made worse by over-production of another hormone, insulin, that regulates sugar & fat metabolism in our bodies. It is also the most common hormonal imbalance causing infertility & serious weight gain in young women" (from The Savvy Woman's Guide to PCOS by Elizabeth Lee Vliet, MD). I just usually say it's a great big hormonal imbalance that is very temperamental. I never used to get bad ear infections till I started working at daycare. Now I get more than the kids do! I'm supposed to be getting my tonsils out in December-ish so that's supposed to help as well. Since I started in daycare 2 1/2 yrs ago, I've had so many colds, ear infections, throat infections & chest infections, plus a case of pneumonia & strep throat, that my dr suggested I get them taken out. And you know I'm not feeling well when I actually agree to it! Haha. Where do you get the collodial silver & garlic/goldenseal oil? Just at a drugstore or do you have to go to a health food store? And do you just mix together the oils in a dropper bottle & drop them in? Thanks for the tips/advice :).

Cherime - I probably am allergic to stuff - I just don't know what. I know a lot of times that whenever I eat (regardless of what it is - cooked, raw, processed, healthy, with bread/gluten/wheat, without bread/gluten/wheat, I get stuffed up, which is weird. It hasn't really happened for awhile, so I'm not sure. I know I used to be allergic to chocolate, strawberries, & excess sugar, but I've kind of "outgrown" them, for the most part. (Unless my hormones are being stupid...)

Darlys - I'm taking 2,000 to 4,000 IU of vitamin D everyday. Ideally it should be 4,000, but I sometimes forget to take my vitamins in the morning. They're all ready, I just forget to go to the cupboard to get them! And it doesn't help either that I don't always have something to drink in the morning (besides the milk in my bowl of cereal). I was also thinking the same thing about the mattress on the hide-a-bed - with a foam topper & boards under it & memory foam if needed. I'll be sleeping on it more than anyone else! haha.

Julie - I love the look of your soap! I usually buy my soap from one of my friends sister (a Canadian transplant :p). I've had a few of them over the years, but have only recently started using homemade soap full time. If only the soap at daycare wasn't so terrible on your hands! I find that the stuff I'm using now (honey oatmeal, I think) is great for my face - I use it twice a day on it & it's wonderful! I think my hands just need extra lotion! lol

Natesgirl - good news about your teeth! Hopefully it's not too painful to get them out & fixed up!

Well, Mom went to check out the sofabed today & said it was a good deal for $350, so next weekend we are going to get it. I have to talk to Mom tonight & see what's all going on next weekend - if we're bringing it back here (which we should since who knows when it will get here again) & then I can take my old loveseat & chair somewhere else lol. It even comes with a seafoam green slipcover, which is alright with me. The only ones I ever saw were brown. And the couch itself reminds me of Christmas because it's green, red & white plaid lol. Now I'm excited to get it & bring it back here :).

So glad it's Friday today. I'm going to try getting some energy up tonight & tidying up so I don't have to do it all tomorrow. I want to get started on some Christmas presents (which I should have done a long time ago - like in March! That seems to be the good time to start for me...). I also have to go up & get the mail & maybe some groceries. Which reminds me that I should make a meal plan for next week so I'm not stuck sitting here looking at a full freezer of nothing to eat. Wish me luck on the energy!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Sep 30 2011 4:44:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  6:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sisters and thank you all for your continued prayers. Today is the first I was on my computer since forever. Round one of chemo was wicked! I was so weak I could hardly get up and barely could talk. I slept 22 out of 24 hours. Could not stay awake. This is without drugs! Purely the chemo. It was like I was dead but still breathing. Lost 8 lbs in 5 days. Don't recommend this as a diet! Now my immune system took a hike and my clotting factor is in the basement. So I am at risk for an infection or a bleed. Had bloodwork today for round 2 on monday. Can't wait. God is still in control and I walk in with him. So many people getting chemo. Saw a pregnant woman and another young girl when I was there. Also about 20 to 30 others. I pray for all of them as I am there.

I will pop in as I can and know you are all in my prayers.

Bunny~I wrap your quilt around me daily! I love it. THANK YOU!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  8:30:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh Darlene - hugs to you & safe healing vibes being sent your way! Chemo sucks big time! I hope it gets better for you.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  8:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hugs and prayer for you Darlene, sure wish I lived closer so I could come by and help out..just know I am there in spirit...I know that it is rough, I watched my brother go through it for 10 months...I hope things get better soon.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  10:27:41 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, You are an inspiration. I'll be praying for your speedy healing.

Penny, First batch of Kombucha done!! We had some this morning. It's good! My five year old informed me I needed to make more of this apple juice. Glad he feels that way because there's another batch started. :)

Pam, The garlic oil I buy at the healthfood store is a mix already made. It has goldenseal plus a few other things. You just drop them into your ears. Silver was what doctors used, I'm told, before penecilin. It boosts your immune system and helps fight infections etc. So we take it in our mouth but also put it into our ears like ear drops with great affectiveness. Hope you start to feel better. Children are disease carriers for sure!!!

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2011 :  8:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, I am so happy that you and the 5 yr old likes it...enjoy, we do....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  09:47:03 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm attempting to do my laundry today & hang it up - but the homemade wasp trap I made tipped over the other day & now my patio is sticky :s. And a collector of wasps too! I'm going to get some baking soda when the store opens & some vinegar & try scrubbing it with that. I've killed 3 wasps inside today already & don't want anymore! I also want my patio back! I was reading online about how to get rid of them & so I made a pretend wasp nest out of a paper bag & tied it on, as well as a pretend "spider" by putting some water in a baggie with a penny & hanging it it as well. There are still some around, but I think I want immediate gratification :p. There doesn't seem to be as much buzzing going on right now, so let's hope it all works! I really want to hang up my clothes!

I'm almost energetic today - I made some raisin biscuits this morning & took garbage out. Now I'm waiting for the store to open, then I'm going to do laundry & work on my niece's blanket....We'll see what else I accomplish today!

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  10:56:57 AM  Show Profile
UGH sick. Me and ColdFX are bestfriends right now.

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile
I am also sick with a bad sore throat, started last night. Am praying I will get up in the morning and it will be gone.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  2:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly and Janet, please get some rest and kick those sick bugs!

Pam, the wasps are awful aren't they! They are really ornery this time of year too. I am holding off of line drying my clothes until the box elder bugs and earwigs die off. :P

Darlene, you are so kind to notice other people's sufferings when you are undergoing your own trial, I am sure God will honor your prayers for others. I am praying for you too!

Angela, sounds like you are on the mend, and the future is looking better for you and your hubby :)

Julie, that is some neat looking soap!

Welcome Heidi, nature puts on the best shows!

It's been unseasonably hot and dry, like summer decided to show up. It will be snowing be fore I know it, and that's OK with me, the grass and forest fires have been smoking up the air something awful.
I've been really cranky lately, poor hubby gets the brunt of it, but he still sticks around to see what's for dinner. Gotta love the guy.

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  6:29:54 PM  Show Profile
Stopping in really quick. Sorry I can't reply to everyone.

Darlys- Yes, that's DD5. We were there during Spring Break. Though we couldn't hike everywhere it was beautiful the whole week. We left on a Friday and the following Sunday was when it snowed so much and closed all the roads going to Yosemite. Couldn't believe the pics. Places we had stood 2 days before on dry ground were covered in 2 feet of snow.

Darlene- Not to wish misery or illness on others, I find it a good kick in the pants if I'm feeling down to have God tap me on the shoulder and let me know my situation could always be worse. How awful for the pregnant lady. She must have amazing strength. But so do you.

I swear one day I will update my Etsy site. It just doesn't sell enough for me to pay attention to it much. Most of the soap I sell at the farmer's market. I always take special requests, too. Well, I'm done with work for this week. Tomorrow I will start a PALS class for 2 days. It's a pediatric advanced life support class. My work is wanting to upgrade the nursery. Once that is done then I can relax!

See you ladies soon!

Julie

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  5:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Why do I have a variety of friends who are all different in character?
Some of them can be considered marginal even?
How do I get on with them all?
I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me.. .
With one of them I am a polite, good girl.
I joke with another friend.
I sit down and talk about serious matters with one of them.
With another I giggle at every silly thing.
I have my tea with one
And dance with another.
I listen to one friend's problems and give her advice
Then I listen to another advising me.
They are all like pieces of a jigsaw,
When completed they form a treasure box.
A treasure of friends!
They are my friends who understand me better than myself,
who support me through good days and bad days.
They are like colourful anti-depressants that I take on different days.
Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.
Dr.Oz calls them Vitamins F (from Friends) and counts the benefits of friends to our well being.
Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression
and terminal strokes. If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age.The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your tense moments it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.
I am so happy that I have a stock of Vitamins F!
In summary we should value our friends and keep in touch with them.
We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together, not forgetting
to open our mouths big to swallow the floating vitamins F!!!!

Thank you for being my vitamins!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 03 2011 5:23:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  5:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick stop in to say hi.
Peggy, thanks for the addresses. I hope to get the ornaments in the mail this week.

Darlene, so glad to hear from you. Keep it up.

And just saying.... college is HARD!...saying in a whiny voice. I'm getting it done and seeing the value in doing more than required. I figure if I'm 2 or more weeks ahead, I won't get into trouble if I get stumped on something.

Anyway, off to painting class...btw.. not hard.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  5:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! Peg, I like that...Vitamin F huh? hmmmm....
Heidi, I think we saw the same double rainbow that evening. It was so pretty.DH took pics but they were faint.
It's been so cold and wet and windy these past few days. It's Fall! Yipppeeeee!
I haven't been on lately because DH takes my laptop to work to teach classes. So I have to wait until his week is done, then grab it and try to catch up. He has this week yet,then he's done. I can't wait. I miss checking in, asking questions, checking recipes. It's amazing just how many times I go to the puter for info.
I am trying Kombucha for the first time too. My Mom tried it and said it tasted like apple juice too. This next batch I'm brewing longer and seeing if I can make it less sweet.
Well Porchies, until next time....
PS. Dana is the "TeaBags" Tea Swap Lady this month. Has anybody heard from Dana?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 03 2011 5:47:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Peg I love the Vitamin F. So glad to have my new porch friends. Blessings to all.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  08:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, my take on college work exactly. That is what I did and that stratgey served me well. 3.5 to 4.0 grade average.

Peg. Yes, Vit. F is irreplaceable.

Blessings and prayers for all not well and big hugs to Darlene.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  10:01:01 AM  Show Profile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(sorry this is a repeat for some of you)

Good Morning Porchies...I had a Wonderful time at the Oregon Coast. We had beautiful weather the first day, all sunshiny, bright and warm. Not a bit of breeze. We so enjoyed it. The next two days it was over-cast but didn't rain...that was enjoyable too. Sunday it started sprinkling a little before we left. By the time
we were a fourth of the way home it was really raining and my Fibro flared and my Chronic-fatigue hit. I had to sleep...couldn't keep my eye balls open. Good thing I wasn't the driver! My gals got to see first hand how I have no control over my body when this hits. We stopped for a potty break and I woke up enough to go use the bathroom and my girlfriend said, "Wow, Peg...even your voice changes, it gets real deep and raspy!" I came home and had to go right to bed and the next day was just the same. This morning I got up to take out the dogs, did up the dishes my hubby left in the sink and sat down to post to you girls and now my fatigue has hit again.

Did a lot of shopping at the Coast! Also, had no problem staying on my No Wheat Diet. Which was fabulous!
Don't think I have lost too much weight but the inches are coming off. Yahoo!!!!

Well, girls my eye-balls are at half mast guess I better go crawl back into bed. Will chat more later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page