Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  11:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Morning girlfriends --

It rained all yesterday afternoon and evening and we understand an even bigger front is moving in tonight. Just now we have a break but it's beginning to cloud over. Got a lot done yesterday before I caved in. Even got hubby's car smog checked after I picked it up from being serviced. Now I just have to renew his registration. Also, got oatmeal cookies baked so it made the house smell good while it was raining out. A hummingbird sat of the feeder bar just under the overhang outside the kitchen window for 25! minutes. Just sat there, occasionally looking around. I didn't see him drink once. Guess he was just thinking "hey, I'm not gettin' rained on over here - guess I'll just hang for a while."

Julie -- That picture of you and your daughter was indeed taken at DiCicco's. Larry and I stopped there for dinner on our way out of town Sunday night. That storm that you left behind you closed Yosemite for nearly 2 weeks until they could make the roads safe and clear downed trees all over the place. We had some huge trees down at our place, one just uprooted and one split down the middle, others just flat out downed and fell across our driveway right inside of the entry gate. Neighbors came and cleared a path through the trees in the driveway so we could get in the following weekend. Then it was major yard clean up time. We still haven't gotten it all done.

PeggyAnn - so good to have you back, gf. I received that wonderful! birthday card. I just keep celebrating.

I'm off to the doc, ladies - you all have a great day!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  11:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. Still working as a temp. Not much chance to get on line. Just a quick note to let you know that I think of you often. Bunny, sent you my address.

Talk with you all soon.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  1:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Had to post this real quick. DH told me this joke this morning. We can take a little ribbing. (This was right after I heard him on the computer saying, "C'Mon! Daddy needs a new troll!!")

"Why women are like computers

1. No one really understands them.
2. All your mistakes are stored in their memory.
3. You find yourself spending all your money on accessories for them."

Haha, now he gets to take me to lunch.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  2:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Kathee Honey, where'd you come from?...thought you were gonna sneak in on us unnoticed huh? NOT!!!! Howdy-howdy-howdy....so good to have you on the porch. Pull up a board, grab some calorie free, fat free virtual-good-eats and tell us a little about yourself. *hands you a cuppa* So nice to see another new Gal on here. The more the merrier!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  7:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello porchies. I'm back from my visit to North Dakota. We absolutely loved it out there! We've got our fingers crossed that something materializes out of all the resumes he passed out. So glad to be back home though. I missed my furkids something horrible. I love to eat out but five straight days of it was more then enough, I want some of my home cooking now.

The weather was wonderful there. The leaves were changing and it was beautiful driving around. I'm amazed we did so much while there. Went to a winery, zoo, beerfest, air museum, and a bunch more. The coolest thing we saw was a viking ship replica in Moorhead, MN. Hopefully I can download my pictures tomorrow to share with everybody.

Well, need to get to bed as I have to be at work tomorrow. Wish I could of taken another day off to transition and catch up on laundry and such but that wasn't in the cards this trip.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  12:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
AGGGHHHHHH! I'm back! Whew! I've missed everyone so much and it's so good to see so many new faces. Work has been crazy and I had to plan my friend's wedding which took most of my time. It will feel so great to jump back on the porch again.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  3:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Pam...Yahoo girl we are so glad to have you back! Everyone was wondering were you went. So, happy that friends wedding is over. And isn't that just like our Miss Kitty to have to step in and organize everything others didn't do. You are a Great Girlfriend to the Bride and I am sure you were her Life Saver! How is you DH's job going? How did your boss make it without you there. Good Grief...I am surprised it didn't all collapse without you as he is such a jerk! Glad your Ruby Slippers brought you back HOME where you belong!

RFM Tammy...Oh so glad to hear that your trip to ND went so well! Hoping and praying that even just one resume or job interview pays off. Wowsie...you guys did a lot of sight seeing while you were there. It must have felt like an honest-to-goodness VACATION! Keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you all!

Julie...your DH is so FUNNY! I even had to laugh at that one! *giggle*

Theresa...better watch that Temp. Position or it will turn into a full time position again and we will lose you to the Land of Working OZ!

Darlys...so glad that you got your little birthday pkg and card. Not much...just a little "I Love You Girl" and wanted you to know that Birthdays should last ALL MONTH long (especially as we get older). There has to be something fun about adding another candle to the cake....don't you think?

Well, so far this week with the weather change...I have slept more than I have been awake...which is just pathetic! I hate to sleep so much...sometimes I feel like I have missed whole days. ~ I just finished Season One of the Gilmore Girls. Love it, Love it, Love it! I am so hooked!!! Only Six more Seasons to watch. Will have to find someone else that has Seasons 3-7.

Well my Porchies...I am off to do something even if it is only to unload the dishwasher before hubby gets home.

Big Hugs and Wishes,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  4:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Tammy - glad to hear your trip to ND was a good one! Hoping everything works out wonderfully for you!

Peggy - hope you're not so tired soon! I think it's something going around too. Everyone here is crazy tired for no reason (not that I'm dismissing it if it's something medical). I know I'm bushed by lunch time & I don't have a reason! Hope you find someone to lend you seasons 3-6 of GG. I love them too!

It is so hot here today - I don't think it would be so bad if there wasn't a terrible wind to go with it that is very hot & dry & dusty :s. Bleh. Makes your mouth feel like sawdust or something.

My mom came yesterday b/c she had a meeting with the personal care home ppl about my grandpa (the yearly review kind of thing). So she brought supper with her, did my dishes (before I got home lol), and we went for a small drive last night. Nice to have her here by herself once in a while. Usually whenever she comes, my sister & her two kids are right there too. Not that I mind, but still. Nice to have Mom all to myself for a little lol.

Today I was in the baby room, which was nice. There is a teeny tiny baby (3 months old) starting. She's so adorable! Too bad all the older "babies" would attack her if you weren't there lol. They attack each other, never mind someone who can't fend for themselves! They're trying to be nice, but they haven't quite grasped the concept of it just yet.

I have one more day of work, then I get a 4 day weekend - my kind of weekend! I love it :). I took Friday off b/c we were supposed to go to my brother & s-i-l's but they are busy this wknd. So I decided to get a dr appt & a hair cut & do some birthday/Christmas shopping before going up to Mom's for Thanksgiving. We are also getting my "new" hide-a-bed (somehow or other, Mom & I are turning into Super Women!) & bringing it down here. Dad's bright idea is that we can load it onto the flat top on the box of his truck. Uh - yeah. Good luck with that! Anyhow. We'll see how it works. My list for stuff I want to pick up is crazy long! I'm not sure I'm going to get it all in one shot - it may be a few trips lol.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  6:49:55 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - it did feel like a real vacation. It was awesome :O)

Sorry to hear we have so many coming down with things. Darlene my thoughts are with you.

UPDATE ON MATTHEW: Not sure when I last posted but he's in Qatar at the hospital there now. He says he's walking on both legs. The good news is they're apparently going to let him come home on leave for a couple weeks, just don't know when yet.

Today was my first day back at work and wow am I worn out LOL I think they kept everything and waited for me to come back to do it. I got my pictures downloaded off the camera and uploaded to Google so I can show them off. I'm attaching a picture of the Viking ship replica, Hjemkomst which means homecoming. This ship is absolutely beautiful. It took him 10 years to build it. If you'd like to see pictures of the entire trip you can hopefully view them at https://picasaweb.google.com/110388444651262935131/NORTHDAKOTATRIP2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here's a picture of stave church replica that's at the same museum/center. This is a replica of one in Norway built originally around 700 - 1000 AD. The workmanship on this is unbelievable. The carvings I can't even begin to do justice to.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  8:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,
I'm so far behind on my postings so decided just to start at the top of this page and see if I can keep up this time...been sooooo very busy...trying to get the new website for our business up and running...taking alot of my time...had an hour phone meeting with the company...I really like them and I like that we get to talk once a week and they are teaching me all the things that are so important for this website and our business. So please forgive me if I fall behind..

My dear friend Peggy,Love the Vitamin F. poem...thanks so much for that....did you write that? loving it lots. I am glad you had a great time on your vac. but so sorry that the nasty fibro got you down. I hope you are feeling better today and that you get enough rest...I'm thinking and praying for you...extra hugs for you today.

Bunny, I bet you are doing better with your college classes than you think you are...keep it up.

Judy, glad you are liking your kombucha...*giggle*...have you got your laptop back from DH yet....

Hi Kathee, nice to have you join us...I am usually around more but got soooo much going on around here I've been slack...I miss these wonderful ladies so much...stick around and you will get to feeling like that toooo...that are great ladies...and have enriched my life a bunch..

Hi Cherime hope things are good for you.

Darlys, I love my hummingbirds too..I can watch them all the time. here is a pic

Hi Theresa, good to see you stopping by.

Julie, that is so cute...glad you got him to take you to lunch for that one...lol

Tammy, I will keep ya'll in my prayers that something good happens after all the resumes were put in...love the pics...so cool..looks like ya'll had a great time. Best thing I've heard today is that Matthew will be coming home for his leave...that is great news...so happy for all of you.

Pam, I am so glad you got some alone time with your Mom, I remember that I enjoyed the time with my Mommaa when I didn't have to share her with my brothers or sister...she always understood I needed "MY MOMMA LOVE" sometimes...sure hope you find a way to get that hide-a-bed home...

Oh ladies, Pam made me think of something that happened this weekend. DH and a friend went into our little town to get some things at the Dollar General and stopped at a yard sale. He came back excited about a high top table he saw, they wanted $40 for it he offered $25 and they wouldn't take it....he said it was wavy on top like it had been wet..and that one of the backs was broke off on one chair...I wasn't excited, but for an hour he talked about it...I still wasn't interested...anyway he said he was going back to get it...Well let me tell you..he came home with it...and it was in so much better shape than he lead me to believe.

It is solid oak and the top wasn't bad at all..felt little rough but not wavy and you couldn't tell it by looking at it...it is a high top table which is what we have been looking for...it came with 4 tall chairs with backs and they swivel...the one that is missing the back still swivels and fits perfect in the area we put it in so a back isn't needed..and it wouldn't have worked if it had a back..and he ended up getting it for $35...I can't even imagine what a solid oak high top table with oak swivel chairs would cost new...but I'm sure it would be alot...my DH did an awesome job...so very proud of him...now we have a lot more room in our tiny hunting camp living/kitchen area...it is only about 12x10 so we needed something small...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  9:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Feeling a bit blue today. I'm terribly homesick. I can feel myself shutting down and secluding myself. School is about the only thing that gets me out of the house right now. I miss my kids big time. I know I'll feel better tomorrow.

Pam so glad to see you back. We missed you.

Peggy, Sorry you're feeling bad. I know if I lived closer to the ocean I would be going through the same thing.

Tammy, love the pictures. I hope everything comes together for you! Glad to hear your son is coming home for a while.

I felt terrible this morning. I always take a kitty head count in the mornings to make sure everyone is here. I was missing Moe Moe. Looked in all his usual sleeping places and couldn't find him. So I went outside and called him. I finally heard a faint meow back. Turns out yesterday when I went into the garage to look for something, he went in and I didn't know it. It is not attached to the house. Poor little guy spent the most of yesterday and all night locked in. I'm so glad I looked for him this morning. He got lots of attention so he is all better now.

Well, I'm off to bed. I spent all day doing homework. But couldn't bring myself to go to my boring painting class tonight. I'll go next week for sure.

Later porchies.

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  06:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, glad you found your Moe Moe. My two boys are inside cats only as the road outside my house is too dangerous for any little critter, almost too dangerous for humans. I really have to take care when walking my dog. Big Hugs Bunny.

Tammy great pix. That would be interesting to see. Glad to hear that they are going to let Matthew come home for a visit and that he is walking.

Peggy praying for you.

Penny, did you see the Public TV Nature thing on hummingbirds? I really enjoyed that. Lots of good info on them. We don’t see them in South Central AK.

Pam, I know what you are talking about. Same problem here. Tired for no good reason, I am getting enough sleep. So???? Ah, well, this too shall pass.

Hey Judy, pass the goodies!

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ksharp
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Kathee
Mannington WV
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  07:01:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi herblady,
We live in a small community in Mannington WV. We have a little farmette of 5 acres. My husband calls it my "starter farm". Up until about a year ago we had several sheep, nubian goats, and Pasty my milk cow. We realized we needed to build a new barn, and various other repairs and upgrades. So, now I am in the process of buying again. ( If anyone has any nubians, or north country cheviot's let me know.) We have 5 children. 4 boys and a girl ages 34 to 14. The two older boys are married, the only girl lives in New York City. She is working there as an E.R. nurse. We have one beautiful grand daughter Kaylen who is 18 months old, and soon her little brother due to arrive in Nov. There are 2 younger boys at home. We are homeschooling them. They are 16 (Isaac) and 14(Bo). We have been blessed.
That's about it. I love all things farm and county. So happy to be sitting on the porch and enjoying you company.

Kathee
"The crazy,dancing,goat lady." - #3462
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  07:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh I just have to share this news with someone! I'm so excited I can hardly breathe, oh wait that might be the head cold I'm slowly getting over..... ANYWAYS..... my parents are getting a motorhome. No that's not what has me excited. :) What has me excited is the fact that my Daddy has decided he's giving me his Dodge Cummins, one ton, dually! I know this makes me the weirdest woman on the face of the planet but this is my dream car. I've wanted one for 20 years!!! Golly, that makes me old. My Daddy got his first Dodge Cummins one ton when I was in high school and I loved driving that beautiful truck. It had a flatbed on it with a headache rack and chains and boomers banging around on it. And my Daddy put twin chrome pipes on it so when you stood on the foot feet she let out a beller and smoke came out the pipes. Oh how I loved driving that truck. I wanted one ever since. My daddy of course has had a lot of them since then. In fact I was driving one of them when the drunk hit me. In my opinion that truck saved my life. Anyways my dream has been to have a crew cab, dually, one ton dodge cummins with the six speed manual transmission forever and now I'm going to have one. Oh and it has leather interior!!!! It's not new. I think it might be a 2003 but I don't care, cause it's gonna be mine!!!!!! And of course it is SET UP. My Daddy spends a lot of money making his trucks ready for work (he works in the oilfield) so this puppy is ready to rumble. It will have the fifth wheel hitch in the bed so I'll be able to hook onto and pull anything my little heart desires with power, speed and style. Oh and I get to shift gears again. How I love shifting gears and I've been driving automatics for so long. I'm like a kid in a toy store. SO EXCITED. My husband doesn't share my joy but he is making plans of turning our Durango into his hunting buggy..... Okay, I'll calm down now..... NOT!!!! *bouncing around the house with joy*

Tammy - SO thankful your son gets to come home for a while. Give him an extra hug from me and say thank you to him again. I look at my own precious little ones and I never forget that folks like your son are in danger so that my children might be raised in safety.

Kathee - WELCOME! You are going to love the Porch. These ladies are awesome.

Penny - Love the hummingbird pictures. Once we had a hummingbird nesting just outside our livingroom window. I spent a lot of time just gazing at her and her babies. Congrats on the table. What a find!

Bunny - Glad you found your kitty. It's nerve wracking when one of our animals is missing for any reason. Sounds like you'll do great with your college courses. If you ever have any accounting questions feel free to ask, I was an accounting tech.

Took the kids in to town last night. It was supposed to be the first night of AWANAS. Got there and they were having a meeting not the actual AWANAS. A little disapointing to drive 45 minutes and discover it's not on. But it's starting next week. So I signed them up and paid their yearly fees last night so when we get there next week there'll be no hold ups they can just join in and have fun. The lady said that there are lots of boys Jackson's age in there so I'm excited about that. I can't wait to see them in their vests. And I'm going to be the proudest Momma in existance when they start getting their badges. There's supposed to be a Bible study for adults going on while AWANAS is on but the lady mentioned that they might put me to work too. I'm going to be there anyways so it might be fun to help in some way.

Have a Blessed day all,

Kimberly

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  07:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Kathee - I'm a goat lady too! I have Nubians and a Kiko/Boer buck to breed them to. I actually have my Registered spotted Nubian buck for sale right now but I'm to far away from you for that to help you any. :)

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  07:20:45 AM  Show Profile
Ok Ladies, I have a minute so I'm going to sit down and have my pumpkin spice coffee and leave the rest of the pot for you. It seems like life is so busy and we end up just spinning our wheels. An interesting thing I read last night was if I was doing everything and going, going, going then I wasn't letting God take care of things. And not letting God take care of some things was showing a lack of faith that He can take care of things. Another funny thing: Jesus was the only TRUE know-it-all that ever lived on Earth.

Peggy- I love your post about vitamin friends. You're such a sweet lady. Sorry your fibro is troubling you. I'm glad you like your new diet. Sometimes they're too restrictive.

Bunny- It sounds like you're doing great in college. That's the way to do it. You're a great inspiration. Learning doesn't have to stop. Engaging the brain muscle keeps it exercised and sharp as a tack. I graduated Cum Laude (which doesn't mean a hill of beans in the real world) by staying ahead on work. I'm glad you found Moe Moe. Cats are their own worst enemy sometimes. We've dug a kitten out of clothes closets many times.

Darlys- I've been telling DH what you write to try and motivate him to want to go back soon. It's hard to say. His DD in Missouri is graduating high school this year. I'll have to start stashing some money in the mattress.

RFM Tammy- ND looks nice in those photos. Love the viking ship and church. I love going to all those festivals this time of year. Hopefully you'll be going back soon...to live.

Penny- Is a hightop the same as counterheight? That's a fantastic deal and it's exactly what you needed.

Kathee- Hi girl! So nice to meet you. I'm from Texas and I'll blab your ear off if given the chance. Your DD must have a lot of energy to be an ER nurse. I spend some time in ER and it's crazy town in there. I hope to see you back here again soon.

Well, ladies, DH is up now so I'm going to run. Be back a little later.

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile
You all might remember me talking about my bestfriend at home having a baby boy.... I made this blanket for him. It's made of fleece. It's super cuddly and warm. I thought it might be nice for tummy time on the floor, to wrap him and and keep him warm on the bitter cold days and for in the vehicle so that he doesn't get cold in his car seat. I hope she likes it. Don't be to impressed it's super easy to make, as in a chimp could make it which would be why I made this kind!!! No sewing involved. Just cutting and tying. But even so it is made with love and it's really nice.

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, How lovely. Add I know it was made with alot of love added. I am sure it will be well used.

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  2:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I get it. I loved the old 1948 GMC 1ton that we drove up here to AK. It had 12 speeds forward and went over ANYTHING! Had a big J2 Olds v8 like the old MP cars on Vendenberg AFB did. I dearly loved that old truck. The forest service in California had used it to haul water into remote locations for years fire fighting. I finally sold it to someone who wanted to fix it up or at least use a lot of its parts to make one out of two. The blanket is lovely.

Hi there Kathee. Nice to meet you.

Julie, verily, verily. Good word.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  2:16:51 PM  Show Profile
That's one nice blanket Kimberly. I didn't see your post earlier about the truck. Several of us were posting around the same time. I'm excited for you! Don't you just love those trucks? And it sounds like you're getting a real beauty. Congratulations!

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  5:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, that's a beautiful blanket! And it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is - it was made with love & I hope she uses it! The one I made for my nephew was never really used, and I love that blanket. Maybe I'll get it back when I have my own kids?!? lol And that's cool news about your dad's truck :). Excited for you :).

Bunny - I hope you're feeling better soon! Being "homesick" is no fun at all!

Well, my knee hurts today & my ankle....On Tuesday, I stepped on a toy at work & just fell on my knee & twisted my ankle. Thankfully I wasn't holding a baby (I was in the baby room). And then today, wouldn't you know it, I stepped in a dip out on the playground & went down again. So now my knee is bruised & a teeny bit bloody, and my ankle hurts. Can we say "like mother, like daughter" much? Let's hope I don't do anything else to it!

I have tomorrow off, which is kind of nice, but it's a little bit time-crunched. I have a dr appt at 9:30 (speaking of which, I better make a list for myself of stuff I want to ask her about!), then I head off to the city (which is on the way to my Mom's), leave there by 2, go switch vehicles with my Dad, go get my "new" couch, then go back to Mom's. On Saturday, we are bringing the couch here, switching my couch & chair for the big one, going out to my Grandpa's to pick up two dressers, then going back to Mom's. It's gonna be a lot of driving! It's 2 1/4 hrs to Mom's from my place....Ah well. I think a new couch will be worth it :).

I was going to have my apartment all cleaned & everything tonight (and it still may happen), but when I went to get a few groceries & my downstairs neighbor happened to be off work then, so we talked for almost an hour lol. Oh well. I can always either leave stuff for Monday or do it in the morning before my dr appt. Hope you all have a good night!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bunny, I hope the blues go away soon...I get homesick sometimes too...but mine is mostly cause I miss going to see my Momma and sitting around her small farm and helping her with things...I sure miss her bunches...sometimes seems just like yesterday she was still here but it has been Feb 2006 that she went home to be with Jesus. I know she watches over me. I know what it is to miss the kids, me too. So glad Moe Moe is ok...

Chermine, I missed that sure wished I had seen it...love my hummers. I have 4 feeders and at times more than 20 birds...they have gotten so use to us now I can stand right by the feeder and they still come feed...If I put out my hand I could possibly touch them...hehe

Kathee, sounds like a wonderful family...I loved homeschooling my youngest, he is 30 now..so glad to have you on the porch with us...quick question...have you checked out the farmgirls over 50 group? I hate to say but been so busy haven't posted there are caught up on reading to see if you were there...I hope everyone forgives me...lots going on here..

Oh Kimberly, so, so happy for you...I love trucks..haven't had one that size but love our 2500 diesel. You sound so excited and it makes me so happy to see you so happy... :) I wish we had a hummingbird nest that close, I would love to watch them grow up... beautiful blanket, I love it...how did you make it? I am making a faux chenille one right now for a friend..but would love to make another and I'm going to the fabric store tomorrow..closest on is a little over an hour away so don't get to go often.

Julie, I think it is what they call a counter top...it is the height that alot of restaurants have in their bar areas...I'm 5'3" and it comes a little below my chest area. It is great that it is just what we were looking for..

Hi Janet, nice to see you on the porch.

Pam I am so sorry about your knee and ankle...please be careful. I'm clumsy, yesterday I hit my toe and broke it...clumsy me...Sounds like you are going to have a busy, busy day...be careful...hpe you get your couch soon...I can tell you are excited...

Well I am finally caught up on all the barters that I did, now to finish on the swaps...I didn't get to go shopping on Tuesday like I was hoping too but going tomorrow. I am going back to SC to the town I use to work in because they just opened up a Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Which is wonderful for a place like Greenwood. It is 5 miles closer to me than the two closest places here in GA...funny...and this way I can go by where I use to work and see some of my old friends...so looking forward to that. I will check back in if I don't go to bed soon...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  9:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Penny- Ok. I thought that's what you were talking about. When we did our remodel we bought one that height instead of buying a kitchen island. It's gigantic and can seat 8. But it has tons of space so it's perfect.

You ladies be careful! Gotta take care of all your toes and knees. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I sat around tonight deciding if I'm going to make this dress from pattern or not. It's a period costume, medieval dress. I'll look at material tomorrow. We like to dress up for the Celtic festival. I looked at some costume stores locally and all the women's costumes looked like hoochie mama hooker outfits. I'm sorry but I'm not in my 20s and I need something a little longer than 4 inches below my rear and something not cut down to my belly button.

Sleep well Porchies!

Julie

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  9:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow that is a big table Julie, mine is not anywhere that size, it will sit 4 ok...but not anymore or you would be bumping elbows...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  9:57:22 PM  Show Profile
Penny, that blanket is the easiest thing in the world to make. Get fleece ( I got the non pilling kind) one pattern, one solid. 2 Yds of each. Lay the pieces down wrong sides together. Cut 6" squares out of each corner. Cut strips 1" wide and 6" long along all four sides. Tie the bottom and top strips together all the way along and taadaa you have a blanket with fringe. Super snuggly and very cute. Thanks Penny for your kind heart. I am over the moon excited about MY truck!! Isn't it amazing how God will give us the desires of our heart even if it means waiting 20 years???? :)

Pam, I'm so sorry you are hurting. I hope you are able to put some ice on it and rest it in an elevated position. Maybe that would help lessen the pain???

Kathee, I'm a homeschooling Momma too. I love it. I think I'm addicted to watching my children learn. It's so rewarding and exciting. My three year old will tell me, "Momma, you're our teacher" And it gives me joy.

Bunny, I understand being homesick. I often feel that way. I become desperate to see green and forest and mountains.... Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you've got plenty to keep you going! College student and all. :)

Cherime, you do get it!!! I love trucks. I was pretty much raised in the sleeper of a semi. I've been around heavy equipment all my life and the sound of a cummins gives me the shivers. The sound of a jake brake is actually peaceful to me because for me it meant all was well because my Daddy was at the wheel. Most women hate the smell of diesel, to me it smells like power. Chrome pipes is a thing of beauty. And yes I found my husband's tractor sexy!!! I love bulldozers. I've even operated them before. I love feeling the power in them and sensing through my body what they are doing and working them. Working the blade and making something.... oh it's such a feeling. Powershifting a semi seriously gives me the chills. I LOVE powerful equipment and operating it. What can I say I'm a redneck gal from Northern BC oilfield country. :) It's the same idea when I sit astride a good horse and feel it working as we move through the mountains or work cattle.

Farm Dream, Graduating Cum Laude does mean something!!! It means you put forth an effort and gave your best. My husband graduated with a bunch of those Latin awards too and it sure impresses the people hiring. And YES I do love those trucks so much. You could probably guess that from my near hysteria excitement!!! lol

The kids and I are excited about tomorrow. One of the ladies that I met at the Christian Homeschooling group recently is going to come out with her kids for a play date!! Jackson and Daddy built his train tracks so that Jackson and his new friend can play with it together tomorrow. We've got puppies galore for them to play with outside. Maybe, if the weather improves I'll saddle up my gelding and give the kids rides. The kids are going to want to show them the rabbits and goats and chickens..... I think she also has two daughters. One older and one younger than mine so hopefully the girls will have fun together too. Maybe I'll get out the tea set and we ladies can have a tea party. It's a big answer to prayer. I've been praying for friends for the children and if I'm honest, for me too. :)

Sleep well Porchies,

Kimberly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page