Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  10:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
ummmm I got it pictured in my head Kimberly, but not quite sure what you mean about the 6" square out of the corners...maybe I just can't figure out why..sorry, I am one of THOSE people that have to know WHY you do things, to understand it...lol...sometimes not a good thing when people are trying to hlep you....can you take a pic and show one corner please.

Kimberly I looked it up on the internet and now understand the reason for cutting out the square...lol....thanks

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 06 2011 10:35:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  12:08:53 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, funny about your truck. I drive a dodge diesel truck. I love it and can't think of driving anything else. I tell everyone I'm a little person, I need a big truck. Everyone pretty much gets out of my way. I feel safer in it. I drive my mom's little Subaru and feel like I'm in a death trap.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  12:28:16 AM  Show Profile
OK Kimberly...I just lasooed the cloud that you are hanging from and I am going to reign you back down to Earth...because it will be impossible for you to drive that Truck...while suspended from Cloud Nine! LOL
We are all excited for you! Who wouldn't be after reading your post...it was infectious! I don't want to hear any groaning missed gears up here in Washington either...while you are getting use to driving more than an automatic. Ha Ha! Sounds like your daddy took good care of his rigs just like my daddy did. What a
huge blessing that he is giving you his baby! We want to see a picture of you sitting up in the cab of it, don't we girls?

Bunny...glad that you found Moe Moe but sorry to hear that you are home-sick. You need a good dose of your boys and then ALL will be better!

Penny...I love your humming-bird pictures! My neighbor had a little hummingbird nest on one of her windchimes last summer and we enjoyed watching the activity and flights of fancy. I had never seen an
actual hummers nest before, it was the smallest thing I had ever seen. Adorable! And she liked "Bling" too because she had some pretty foil ribbon twined in that nest. Now, that is my kind of Hummer gal.

Wow Pam...you believe in getten a lot done on your days off huh? Lol I would hate to see your work schedule!

Julie...(and all the rest of you who asked) No, I did not write The Vitamin F Poem...but I sure liked it and just had to share it with all My Daily Doses of vitamin F's. You My Porchies are the BEST! Just what the Dr. ordered.

Oh Kim...I almost forgot, I loved the Blue Blanket. My girlfriend made me one of those one time in a Red Hat
Theme (as I was a Red Hat Queen for about 5 years)...but it was much too HOT for this Hot Flashen Momma at the time. So, I gave it to one of my friends who is always complaining about being COLD (I'm so jealous...I want to be cold too).

Cherime...what do you drive that is dependable up there in Alaska? I can imagine a truck or SUV would be
good transportation up there. Have you gotten any snow yet?

RFM Tammy...thanks for sharing the pictures with us. How fun!

Well My Lovelies...I am leaving you a pot of Carmel Mocha Coffee with Sea Salt and some white choc. scones...that I can't eat but you all can tell me how good they taste OK. I will live vicariously through
you all!

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  05:05:47 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly - I left it sit out last night - amazing that I let my knee out from under the blankets lol b/c the weight & feel of the blanket on top of it kinda hurt. It's not bad, but maybe I'm just turning into a big wimp in my old age - haha - & I didn't like it. I need the weight/heaviness of a good quilt to feel warm. The heavier the better. Even if I have warm, lightweight blankets, I still can't sleep until I get some weight on there. Must be from when we had our first cat & he'd sleep at my knees or my feet every night, especially in the winter. Nice heating pad :).

Oh Peggy, if you only knew how much I really wanted to get done & don't get done....I don't think I'm that energetic or productive - some days, yes. But for the most part, it's a no . That coffee sounds good! Too bad coffee doesn't like me all that much .

Well, it's 7 am here. I woke up at 6 to go to the bathroom :s. Usually I'm not so bad, but I've been drinking a lot of water at night time lately (with it being so windy & dry out). So I guess the price I pay is that I wake up at 6. Yesterday I didn't go back to sleep until 7:30, when it was time to get up. Oh well. I got up today, finished making some CDs for my nephew for a birthday present, and I'm going to go do my stuff that I didn't do last night - dishes, moving furniture, vacuuming. Better put a timer on so I don't forget to go shower before it's too late before my dr appt! Have a good day all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  05:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning. Up early. DH wasn't a good sleeper last night. I have to go to bed early tonight so I decided to get up early. Started working on a sock monkey hat. One of DH's coworkers wanted to know if I'd be able to make one so I thought I would try it. Making a baby version to get it done quickly. Have a happy Friday everyone!

Penny- Here's a pic. In the middle of the remodel. I probably never would have gotten it otherwise. We had extra insurance money.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  06:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Julie that is beautiful.....here is the pic of mine...it is alittle dark

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  06:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi PEGGY!!!! I love what you said to Kimberly, too cute...but I'm with you...she is floating...don't you just love it when a friend is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited...we need pics... I would have loved to see the hummers nest with BLING....what a girl.. I meant to ask how is the diet going...you doing great I bet

Pam, sorry your knee is hurting like that, hope it gets better today...I tried to wear my boots yesterday, but didn't fly with this toe...lol...so wore my plastic shoes...dang, can't think of the name this morning...I got my Momma's CRS today...lol..anyway guess that is what I will wear shopping today...not pretty but functional. Please be careful Pam doing all that stuff with your hurt knee. Don't want to make it worse.

I really need to get up and get ready to go, but enjoying my time here on the porch...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies, as to what is dependable up here, the most dependable rig I ever drove was question is a toss up between two. A creation my DH put together and a little VW diesel Rabbit. My DH was originally from Glasgow Scotland. Parents emigrated to Toronto Canada but the winters were too much for his dad. His dad was a master mechanic and Allan learned from him. Then went to college and aced the course. He could fix anything. Around Copper Center AK it is free range and a neighbor’s horse ran out in front of Allan. He had a wrecked Datsun B210 and a Mazda RX2 with no motor. When he got done it was a Mazdat., Screamed!! I loved that little car and the Rabbit he got cheap and rebuilt the engine for me. Both would dig their way out of our driveway through 6 inches of snow and the driveway has a short steep pitch with little room to get a run at it. Any front wheel or all wheel is preferable to a pickup unless you can drive. Lots of people can pilot few can drive up here. Pickups are often the ones in the ditch while others cruise past. I have a Toyota Tacoma but also know if I need 4wheel to drive on the highway, I am staying home where I belong.

Kim I was my Daddy’s oldest son, he told me I could do anything a man could just might have to go at it in a different manner and to get well acquainted with levers. My younger sister is the same. Between my Dad’s can do and Mom’s will not quit, we are a pair to draw to.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  08:59:07 AM  Show Profile
LOL Ladies I won't have my truck for a while but I promise when it does come there will be pictures for all to see!

Cherime, I'm an only child and I remember asking my Daddy once if he was disapointed that he never had a son. He said, "What do I need a son for, I've got you!" I wanted to do everything my Daddy did. Therefore; I can drive a semi, operate heavy equipment, fly an airplane, ride horses, work cattle, horse log, drive a team, run a crew, etc... Okay, so the flying an airplane part I'm not so good at. I remember him giving me the controls (he was ready to grab them at any second) and flying his plane. My mom didn't appreciate my skills very much. I was kind of flying like I was going over mountains but there was nothing there. :) Sounds like we both come from stubborn lines. One moment I remember my Daddy taking great pride in was when we were stacking hay by hand and one bale was giving me trouble. It was wedged in somehow. But I kept working at it, determined. Daddy asked if I needed help and I replied, "no, it's personal now" and I kept at it until it was out and stacked. I did get in trouble sometimes though, like the time that I took on a cow moose with calves because she was after my hay and all I had was my pitch fork..... Not the smartest move. But she left, I guess as small as I am I intimidated her with my aggression!!! But I fooled her. I piled snow all around the tarp to hold it down and then carried five gallon pails of water out and soaked it all. It froze solid. And she didn't like the sound the tarp made when she tried to paw in to it. See Bunny, now I'm homesick again!!!

Pam, if your knee is that sensitive and hurts from your blankets you should probably see a doctor or chiropractor or someone in case you've done some damage to it.

Penny & Julie, BEAUTIFUL tables!!!

Bunny, I know exactly what you are saying. Before the accident I had been considering getting one of the new VW Beetles (yellow with black leather interior!!!). I was going to put Tweety Bird on it with a sign that said, "Little Bird, Big Attitude". Then I got hit by the drunk and everything looked like a coffin to me. I'm a huge fan of being higher up than everyone else. This way I go over them or if it's a deer or moose they don't come in the cab with me.

Well it's overdue time to get this day going. I'm so lazy this morning!! Gotta get chores done, do school and tidy up a bit for our company. Have Awesome days Porchie Dears.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  09:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh I forgot to mention.... you'll all get a chuckle out of this. My husband got home last night and I said, "Look what I got!!!" Led him over to the couch so he could see my newest thing. A lady gave me a flannelgraph and I'm so enthralled. "Look at my flannelgraph! I've got a flannelgraph." My husband shakes his head, "The things that excite you." :] But flannelgraphs are awesome. I can use it in the homeschool and I can use it in the children's church. I LOVED flannelgraph when I was a kid and it seems kids still do today.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  11:09:00 AM  Show Profile
Julie and Penny...nice tables Porchies. I will have to Take a picture of the one I bought for $25.00. The two chairs don't match...but I am keeping my eyes peeled for chairs that will go better with it. The table was a real bargain non-the-less.

Kim...I use to use flannegraphs to teach my Sunday School Kids too. But once I started teaching adult women they weren't as keen on them as the kids were. LOL!!! Just joshing you! I am a visual learner so I loved the flannelgraph concept.

OK...I need to go back to bed for awhile. I have done more work this morning than I have done in a week. I have to "do" when the energy hits me and not stop until I can't go another minute. That is the only way I get anything done anymore. But hey, it works!

Does anyone want to have a Slumber Party on The Porch Tonight? I will bring snacks (wheat free) and my stack of Gilmore Girl DVD's...what will you bring? Oh, yeah...and my sleeping-bag and pillow.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 07 2011 11:12:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  4:53:28 PM  Show Profile
I still don't have chairs to go with my table. Chairs are darned expensive. One day...

I will bring makeup and stuff to do each others' hair to the slumber party!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  7:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh boy a slumber party....let me see...I don't think I've ever been to one before...so going to need my girlfriends to show me the ropes....how bout I bring a game to play...maybe we don't even need anything for it...seems I remember reading something called truth or dare....:\...and also I am going to bring some hot spiced cider for the cool night we are going to have....is it ok if I bring my camera too? we need pics of us girls to look back on and to show the new girls that come join us....loving you ladies....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 07 2011 7:20:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  7:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
can't wait to see the pic of your table too...Peggy...get some rest...thinking warm thoughts for you and saying a little prayer that you will feel better after some rest.

Julie, I would love to have someone else do my makeup and hair...oh boy...I grew up with brothers till I was 16 and then my little sister was born...I was gone by then...can you say yuck... married at 16...but wouldn't trade my sweet son for anything in the world.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 07 2011 7:24:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Slumber party sounds good. I LOVE hot apple cider, have this awesome recipe that I make every Christmas that has it in there. Pumpkin cookies sound like they'd go good with it but I'm to pooped to bake tonight!!! The kids had a blast and I enjoyed visiting with the mom but a couple hours of our children going NUTS has exhausted me!!! I'll fire up the fireplace and we can snuggle in blankies and visit. I'd love to have Julie do my hair. Seriously, having my hair played with is one of my favorite things.

Peggy get the rest you need. I understand the need to do everything while you can. We'll pull up a cozy couch and you can recline and visit from there.

Hugs,

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  8:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow! It's been a long time since I've been on the porch with my sisters. I've missed you all. So much is going on in my life and with the older kids and their activities. Whew!! It's great to see so many sisters here. :)

Kimberly, what I wouldn't give to homeschool my kids. It's just the matter of talking my hubby into it. I know everything that I need to do to get started. I've been looking at this since my oldest was an infant. She's nine now. Hubby just sees things in black and white and I see them in an aray of colors just waiting to be explored. I applaud you for living out of the box.

Cherime, I've been in contact with a Girl Scout troop in Wasilla. Her and my troops are pen pals now. She just sent me pics of their hiking trip to Thunderbird Falls. Beautiful. One of these days I'm going to visit up there.

Peggy, I hope that you feel better soon. I said a prayer for you!

Happy Autumn porchies!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  8:28:59 PM  Show Profile
I've been AOL due to our move to KY a couple of weeks ago. Packing, closing up the house and preparing it for sale in Indiana and the move and unpacking...oh, the unpacking will be the death of me, I'm sure! Leaving a 5 bedroom house and moving into a 2 bedroom is a challenge. I think it will take a shoe horn and some fairy dust to get everything in the we brought. We had an auction in IN, gave away to friends and donated to charities in our old state and as I've been unpacking, I've been loading up boxes to take to the local mission store. We went to Bowling Green today and stopped in Container World to price out the closet organizers but they're just too expensive. Any tips on organizing small homes would be really appreciated.

I LOVE KY! I miss my Indiana friends but have met some really lovely people here and it's so much quieter and peaceful here. I feel like I've come home at last!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  12:35:43 AM  Show Profile

Well here is my table with the non-matching chairs. But I am keeping my eyes open
for some chairs that go with that table.

RoDonna...so good to have you back on the Porch farmgirl!!!

Nancy...I hate packing a house up...but I love unpacking and setting up a home. I love
that Fresh "NEW" feeling of beginning again. My oldest son had me come to Seattle last
Spring and help them set up in their new home. My youngest son is just buying a home
and I have done a couple of nights of helping them pack and then they want me to help
set up their kitchen and family room once they get the keys for the new place...which
hopefully will be next Tuesday. I am so excited for them.

I know what it is like to down size girlfriend. I did it 3 times in one year! And you are
doing exactly what I did...getting rid of stuff both going and coming. You will be glad
you did that. I went from a house to a Condo to a large apartment and then to a small Sr.
Apartment. The Condo was 1800 square feet and this Sr. Apartment is 780 square feet. You
don't keep anything unless you really need it. LOL And if I buy something new...something
old has to go. It's crazy! I am also very Victorian/Eclectic/Antique in my decorating style
so...I still have a lot crammed into this Apartment. When I went to the Condo...I tried going
minnemalist...and all my friends said, "This is so NOT you!" and they were right. That didn't
last more than 9 months. Ha Ha!

You are right girls...I can rest on the Porch tonight. I would love a pedicure if anyone is volunteering.
I will swap you a upper body massage. (I am even trained in giving them). I am also trained in pedicures, manicures, scalp and face massages and hair cutting and styling...but those are hard to do on yourself. At
least it isn't very restful doing it. :+)

OK girls...more tomorrow. You can all giggle and laugh...you won't keep me awake for long...I'm too tired.

Nite!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 08 2011 12:37:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  06:55:52 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - I'm loving that table. I've been looking for something like that for a while now but haven't found anything around here yet, used that is. I'll find something eventually.

I'm in agreement with PeggyAnn, I'll swap out services for a mani-pedi. I'm a good massager. Df and I took a couple's massage course for Valentine's Day a year ago and he says I was I was good before but I'm awesome now. We're going to purchase a massage table we enjoy giving massages so much. I've considered going to school for it but at 45 I'm not sure if it's a wise investment of money since I'm not sure how long I could physically handle doing massages.

Darlene - totally get the excitement of getting the truck. Everybody will probably hear me squealing when I get one LOL Df will frequently shake his head and say "The things you get excited about" (sound familiar lol) and then kiss me and say "but that's why I love you"

I'm going to make some cookies today and either a beef stew or a beef curry for supper tonight. Need to get the last of my tomatoes harvested before we get hit with a frost. I've neglected them horribly being gone on our vacation. House needs a cleaning so I'll start that. Df wants to put some molding in the room my son moved out of since we never got that completed before we moved in so I'll probably need to help periodically with that. If time allows, I want to take at least one of my beasties (he affectionately calls them our rancid dogs)to the do-it-yourself doggie wash. I swear they produce a fur pile the size of a puppy or small cat a day between the two dogs and two cats the way they're blowing coats. It's insane.

Have a great day everybody and I'll put cookies out when I get them baked :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  07:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Beautiful tables.
Peg, hope you are feeling better.
RoDonna, Alaska is one beautiful place. Civilization is encroaching. They put in a big box store down the street and now the Borough is putting in 4 big street lights. Bummer on the lights. I will have to drive way down the road to see the Northern Lights.

Hugs to all will be out of touch for a bit. This weekend is for the ceiling in the bathroom.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  07:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, so glad the "play" date went well..nice when things work out like that. I understand the thing about someone else messing with your hair...every once in a while I get DH to brush mine...feels soooooo gooooood....lol

Hi RoDonna, nice to meet you...I've been here since July and this place feels like home...

Peggy, Love that table it is beautiful and wow what a deal at $25. From the pic it looks like the chairs go with it...Wow I sure would love to live near you with all those talents you have....I'd be in heaven..

Tammy, nice to know we have porchies that can do massages...I love to have one...DH tries but he isn't so good...I have to ask, what kind of dog do you have that sheds that much...lol

Well, I finally went on that shopping trip that I've been talking about...Only thing is that now I'm broke, When we have a closing on a house DH gives me a nice crisp $100. So I've been holding on to it till this shopping trip. I went to Michaels and Hobby Lobby(new stores in SC where I'm from) I feel more comfortable shopping there than in GA. Oh and I went to Hancock Fabrics too...I had coupons for HL and Hancock...I love saving money....ROFL...anyway...I only went $5 over my $100...I thought I was $10 under but forgot about the little I spent at Michaels...but DH was happy for me...I also got to go back to the place(Lowes) where I use to work and say hi to some old friends.) I got so many goodies...too many to mention. Oh but will mention one because I was shocked. Hancock had some of their fleece for $3.95 a yard...what a deal since other fleece I'm seen is $10.99 and up.

I will check in later...got to take it easy today...4 hours on my feet yesterday on those concrete floors has slowed me down today...back isn't used to it anymore...hard to believe I use to be on my feet for 12 hours everyday.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  09:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, I've made a lot of progress this morning. These cool crisp Fall days are invigorating. I opened the doors and let the cool breezes blow through as I made some of MJB's baking mix up into buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. My sweetie hooked up the ice maker on my new fridge so by my birthday on Tuesday, I'll have ice. We're now ready to go look at some accessories for our "new" little tractor. A local farmer lost his place to the government and has a plow and a couple of other items we can use so we're putting aside the unpacking today to take a jaunt over to his parents' place to take a "look-see". Then we're going to go to the feed store for some straw to put on our garden plot to help nourish the soil over the Winter. I've also got the kitchen island cleaned up.

Sure wish you live a tad closer to help me get this place decorated. I have eclectic tastes, too and a full display shelf or two with things I absolutely can't part with won't hurt the decor one bit. This place is rustic but that hasn't stopped me from putting out my antique rose plates or my tea pots one bit. It's my home, or rather our home and we don't have to impress anyone but ourselves.

Nancy

BTW, love the table and chairs!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  09:56:22 AM  Show Profile
Penny...love shopping trips at all my favorite Fabric and Craft Stores. It is easy to blow a hundred Plus...when you don't get to go often. I go regularly and still never come away without having spent at
least $30-$50. We use to have a Hancocks here too but not for years. And we have no Hobby Lobbies. My
girlfriend in Boise worked at one last Christmas. ~ Hey Penny, did you notice we got two more signed up
for the Heart Shaped Yo-Yo's??? You are a good encourager too my friend! ~ The Chairs in the picture of
my Table/chairs are just reflecting the color off the table. They are a dark champaigne color and the
table is a dark brown.

Kimberely...tis the Season for pumpkin cookies and hot apple cider. Yum!

RoDonna...thanks for the prayers...I will take all of those I can get!

RFM Tammy...beef stew??? I can smell it from here. Bring some to The Porch later!

Cherime...don't you ever rest girlfriend? I know that you are trying to beat the cold weather...
but I think you need a "Pajama Day" and a movie! You know what they say about "All Work and No
Play!"...you don't???? That's what I thought!hee hee!

Well, the dogs want to go out but I want to curl up in a cozy chair. Guess I will have to take them
out first...

later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  10:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...that is my kind of decorating too! Just surrounding yourself with the things you love and enjoy!
That is what actually makes a house "A Home!" I would be over there helping you in a heart-beat if we lived close to each other. That's What Friends Are For!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  10:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Nancy, I agree with you...you don't have to impress anyone...Momma use to tell me that if people didn't like her home and wanted to complain about it...then they didn't have to visit...she would say "I live in it and it doesn't bother me, if you don't like it when you visit, then don't visit? Funny thing is, I don't think she really meant it...she loved everyone and loved company...dang I miss that woman...

Peggy, I did have a great time...I live so far away from any kind of fabric and craft stores when I get to go I spend hours in them...It is a little over an hour to get to the closest one... Yes I saw we have two more signed up for the yo yo swap...so excited...thanks for the kind words..I just don't want anyone to miss out cause of other's not doing their parts..it is way to much fun..

I really wish we could all plan something, if just a weekend and fly to a neutral spot and all stay in one place and have a slumber party weekend...and just enjoy each others company...wouldn't if be fun to do that once a year or every other year...you ladies don't know how much you mean to me and how fortunate I feel to have you in my life...I can't believe that I feel so close to you and we have never met.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page