Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  1:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Peggy! Yippee! Thank you God!

Bunny love the tree.

Great compliment Kim. Bask a bit you earned it.

Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  4:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Kim - that's so nice! I hope someone somewhere says that about my family (when I get my own family lol).

I wish I could just laze around all night...but that's not going to happen :s. It's my first night at home for the whole evening & night since last Thursday night. I'm tired & just want to do nothing...but I need to do some laundry in a serious way, and I should be thinking of something for supper. And I should really finish tidying up the apartment/moving things back, putting things away. I don't know if I have enough energy for that tonight. My cousin wants me to go to the city with her sometime this weekend...but I really don't want to go. I've been there 3 times in the past week & just want to stay at home for a bit. Not to mention all the stuff that I need/want to get done. And next week is pretty much the exact same as this week, except I'm going away for the weekend on Friday. Busy busy busy. I wonder if I make myself a list, if I can get it all done?

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  5:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, how amazing you found a place so soon. You must have been sending a pretty strong message and apparently it was heard. Good for you. Now don't over do it!
I don't have a picture of all the Xmas trees together. I should have taken one. That's OK. I have everything in my mind. Someday I'll make Xmas quilts for my boys. Right now they are both in so much limbo that it won't mean as much.

I woke up sick this morning. I went to art class and everyone was coughing and sniffling. Now I got it. I told myself last night before I went to bed that I was going to beat it. I know it won't last long and I'll be better in no time. I still got homework done so I don't feel too bad about laying around all day.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  8:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Porchies,

I'm going to bore you all with more stories about my babies again!!! :) Music lessons was AWESOME. First my children had a blast playing with all the children of all ages and we ended up staying all afternoon. I enjoyed visiting with the ladies too. It seems everyone is fascinated by my Mennonite heritage so I was answering lots of questions. The music lessons themselves were great too. Jackson paid close attention to everything the teacher said and he was very careful to do it right. He's over the moon excited about the fact that we'll be buying him a small scale guitar of his own. The teacher let us borrow this one for this month so he can practice while we hunt for and buy one. We barely got in the door and he had to drag out his guitar and show Daddy what he learned. Then he wanted us to make music with our instruments. So for the first time in about six years my husband took out his bass guitar!!! I pulled out my accoustic guitar and we played and sang together. I thought I would cry with joy. Afterwards Jackson was doing what he was taught today and singing "yippee Yi Yeah, Yippee Yi Yo, Ghost Riders in the Sky" He's one happy little boy. Nikole's first lesson on violin was incredibly basic. Today she learned how to correctly take the violin out of it's case. How to correctly handle it and put it under her chin and then how to hold the bow and move it across the strings. Another of her lessons today was how to correctly carry the violin in it's case. She would walk around the room declaring to all present, "I have a violin, I have a violin!!" Just proud as a peacock! Tonight I took out my fiddle and tried to re teach myself. It's been a long time and I was a very basic beginner back then! I'm determined that by next month I'll be able to play a couple of songs for the teacher. I'm just stubborn enough that I might manage it. I'm aiming for Amazing Grace and Tennessee Waltz. Our household could be a very noisy one from now on. :)

Bunny, so sorry you are feeling sick. Hope you overcome it quickly.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  05:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - hope you're feeling better soon! Being sick sucks!

Kimberly - I'm so happy your music lessons went well & both kids are enjoying them! I always wanted to take piano lessons when I was a kid, but there were a lot of obstacles in the way, one being we didn't have a piano (no room and no money to get one), two we didn't have time & three, the piano teacher hated me (her kid & I didn't get along, right from kindergarten). Maybe some year I will learn. Glad your two get the opportunity to explore music!

Well, I woke up at 7 today. Figures - I want to sleep in, but no way no how am I going to. Guess I'll get (kind of) an early start on my big long to-do list :s. But first I'm having some coffee.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  09:24:50 AM  Show Profile
Pam...I get that whole...wanting to sleep in but can't thing. I beat you by 20 minutes waking up this morning.
Even tried to go back to sleep but it just wasn't going to happen. My to do List is pretty large too and yet I
feel very peaceful and unhurried about getting to it. Would you like to share a cuppa coffee....

Kimberly...You're gonna have yourselves a little "Angel Band". How fun! The Family that prays and plays together,
STAYS together.

Bunny...sorry you feel yucky. I am praying for you that College is going to turn out to be "everything" you need it
to be...to further job opportunities for you.

Well...guess I better put some boxes together and do a little packing. We can start moving some stuff over tomorrow or
maybe even later tonight.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly - that's so awesome. I wish we had been able to get music lessons for the kids when we homeschooled but we just couldn't swing it. It's a lot easier now since homeschoolers are easier to find and have groups like this.

Bunny - sorry to hear your not feeling well. It's the changing of the season. I've been getting doctor's notes/quarter slips quite a bit the past two weeks. It seems like it goes through one station and then it will go through another. I've got to break out the echinacia and goldenseal.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile
Peggy that is so awesome! I'm so happy for you. Now, you have to send us pics of your new place. Sounds like you have space for a CRAFT ROOM!!!! You must give us the address and favorite house colors.

DH and I are still very sick. I am more on the mend but still mostly in bed. I pray none of you get this. We went to the doctor on Friday and it has all the symptoms of strep throat but the strep test came back negative. High fevers, terrible all over pain, sore throat can hardly swallow, night sweats. Tylenol and Motrin help the fever but not the pain. I'm on day number 4 and DH is on day number 3. And he says I never give him anything! lol (he doesn't really say that)

The positive side is I've caught up on my computer stuff and I have updated pics on my Etsy site..finally! I'm feeling wishy washy about my blog. I'm not sure I want to keep it.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  7:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
We had unexpected company today, kind of got me off my to do list...but that's ok, I got up at 6 this morning which is early for me...but it let me get some things done...I am going to post a pic of what happens when you get up early here on the farm, wild hogs coming out of the woods to get to our trees and the falling acorns....I saw this ...this is the area we do this in.

After we got this hung in the cooler I spent the next couple of hours doing this: pear butter and preserves

And yesterday afternoon, I spent about an hour digging up theseNow that is some BIG sweet potatoes

I hope tomorrow to catch up on the post but not sure if I will have time, the friends that visited today are coming back tomorrow and she and I are going to ride the horses...this will be the first time for me to ride my horse. I don't worry about him, he loves me alot....he is so spoiled.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 15 2011 9:01:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  8:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Well I figured out I didn't have the flu. It was a fibro flare up. I can't move my left arm. That happens every once in a while with a bad flare up. It goes away after a month or so. I'm thinking it is the weather change that's doing it. My doing more like school is making it act up too. I spent too much time sitting around doing nothing and thought it went away. I went to Portland (Oregon) this morning with a friend and by this afternoon felt like I had been hit by a bus. Two days of homework in bed will take care of that.

I did have fun and spent money I totally shouldn't have. But I just couldn't help it. I went to a wonderful place called Fabric Depot... Woaha! Showed up on 35% off everything in the store day. How could I walk out without spending some money. Besides I have been so good for so long.. I needed a reward. It was that or an hot fudge sunday. Fabric has no calories...right?
Anyway, here is what I couldn't live without.

And then I found these cute little dishes at the second hand store. I'm going to make pincushions and attach them to the tops and hopefully sell them on my Etsy site.

This was on the flip side of the little oriental tea cup.. I thought it was cute. I have some nice Asian fabric for the pincushion.

Anyway, I had a wonderful day despite feeling beat up when I got home.

Penny, fun on the farm huh. I had a boyfriend who's family slaughtered their own animals. Really sends it home where our meat comes from. Not a sweet potato fan though, you can enjoy those in a pie maybe?

Julie, so sorry you are sick. Not much fun for sure. I have been downing the echinacia tea myself.

Kimberly, how fun for your family. You should have a family band in no time! I hope they last through the boring stuff :)
Anyway, time to rest and pet my fabric...
Night ladies.

sorry my pictures are so small... couldn't figure out what I did wrong.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  9:33:00 PM  Show Profile
Just for fun, I thought you would like to see what the Xmas tree quilt might look like. I created it in my Electric Quilt 7 software program.

Ok, so I didn't go to bed yet... just having some fun with me and my computer.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  11:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny...you've got to make that! It's as beautiful as I thought it would be!!! ~ So sorry about your Fybro Flare...soft & gentle hugs coming your way. I can so relate! Isn't Fabric Depot fun! I loved that you said you had to go pet your fabric. That is a sign of a true Quilter! Did you meet with our Pam or just go with a friend from The Dalles?

Penny...was that pig your unexpected company???? If it was...I don't think I want to come and visit you and your hubby. ROFLOL Thought you could use a good laugh tonight! Those are some good looken sweet tadors. Even if Bunny isn't found of them...I can appreciate the good eats you will have from those babies. Do you like Sweetpotatoe Fries? Yummy! I love sweet potatoes fixed any many different ways but they have become my favorite baked potatoe. Your Pear Preserves look beautiful too. You must be like me...when something is gnawing at me...I get real busy and try to work it out of my system...so it doesn't get the best of me.

Julie...we will now have three bedrooms...and half of one will be for my crafts and then there is a little alcove right off the kitchen that I will use for my office, so yahoo my bedroom can now just be a bedroom. I won't know what to do with myself having so much room to spread out. But what a nice problem to have.

Well, going to go pack a few boxes before bed. Night Porchies!

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  07:37:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning all,

Well this morning I'm paying for all the digging and standing I've done the last 2 days....my back doesn't like it when I do those things..

Bunny, I love your fabric and your little dishes....I came across a website the other day where once a month they make pin cushions. I saw one in a little egg cup....and thought how cute that would be, glad to see that you will be making some like that....you have such talent, girl...that quilt will be beautiful if you make it. I sure hope you are feeling better today...It's no fun when you hurt and nothing helps much. Get some rest. You aren't the only person I know that doesn't like sweet potatoes but got to tell you I only know one other one...<grin>

Peggy, well yes that hogs was an unexpected but no he was't the unexpected visitors I was talking about....lol...DH has not always lived full time here on the farm, but has owned it since 1975 or 6...The young people around here would come to visit when he would come here with his kids. So there are a few that still come by and see us. They love Jim like a father. So one of the young men and his girlfriend came by....I got to tell you, what Dh said to me while they were here. They were going to leave to get something to eat and I offered to throw something together, so they stayed, DH came over to me and told me thank you, and I said for what? He said that he appreciated me fixings them something to eat, I kind of was surprised by this, but he said, that my caring and thoughtfulness was one of the things he loved about me. Hey, no one will come here and be hungry and not be fed, won't happen. But I do appreciate him stating that to me...he is such a sweetie...(and he said his ex's wouldn't have none that without complaining)....<BIG GRIN> he always knows the right things to say... I am so excited about your house....glad you will have room to have a craft room all your own....don't over do it in the packing ok?

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  07:53:38 AM  Show Profile
Judy...before I forget, thanks for the funny birthday card! Loved It! Just what I would
expect from our resident Humorist!!! I'd rather laugh at turning 60 than cry any old day!
The Bible is so right when it proclaims that "Laughter is Good Medicine"...it is the best!

Like watching The Gilmore Girls...that show just makes me happy to watch it.

Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  12:00:52 PM  Show Profile
It's been a busy week here on our hillside in KY getting unpacked and set up in our "new" home. Today I was unpacking a box and got a big laugh out of what I found. Very neatly wrapped up in packing paper was a grocery bag of dryer lint! Thank the Lord I had thrown out the used kitty litter...that wouldn't have been fun to find carefully preserved.

I had a very quiet birthday on the 11th but my phone ran several times with family and friends calling with good wishes. I received more cards than I've ever gotten before in my life. Now I start my 70th year older and I hope wiser. Only time will tell what the future brings but I'm doing well healthwise with a long honeymoon phase with my Lupus and I'm in what I feel will be my last home. I love it here in KY and am meeting some very nice people. We plotted out our garden and covered the area with a layer of cardboard which with the move is certainly in abundance and a good layer of straw. I can't wait until next Spring when we can get seeds in the ground and really start to be self-sufficient.

I've loved reading all the posts for the past couple of weeks, all the ups and downs in our lives. I think this group should be included in one of the lists of "best ways to improve your mental health".

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  12:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Nancy B, Glad you came by the porch so I could wish you a very Happy Birthday, I hope it was the best one yet. I hope you enjoy your new home and I understand the anticipation for spring so you can get planting in the garden. I love to plant and watch those little seed turn into little plants...DH says it is so funny how I squeal with joy when each plants pops its little head out of the earth

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  2:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

Thought you would like to see my Coop quilt! I started it last week and we put it up today.

If you would like to see a step by step how to, I posted it in 3 parts on my blog. I was inspired by the Chicken Lady's great adventures!

I left a butter cake on the porch for you, and a jar of spiced peaches to compliment it.

Love to you all!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  3:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Such talent, lovely!!!! I love it!!!!

Jan

Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  3:13:09 PM  Show Profile
Tracy, Your coop quilt is gorgeous! Wish I were a chicken in your yard so I could admire it all day!
Bunny, A huge thank you for the exquisite quilted Christmas tree ornament and adorable gift tag you sent for the swap. I received it last night and I'm so excited to display it (after I show it to all my creative crafting friends). Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  3:46:27 PM  Show Profile
Tracy...LOVE YOUR COOP-QUILT! Left a name suggestion on your blog.

Happy Belated Birthday Nancy!...glad that you are all moved...hoping mine goes well and smooth. Maybe you
should make some kind of Art work out of your bag of dryer lint. Google it and you will be surprised what
people do with dryer lint. LOL That way you will have a keepsake of your move.

Hi Janet and Dianne...hope you two are having a lovely Sunday!

Penny...did your friend ever make it by to go horse-back riding? Hope so...Tell Hubby that I have never been to a pig pickin but I am all ready to try one out! Sounds yummy!

back to packing...
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  5:23:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. I'm feeling much better. Only a headache and sore neck and throat. No more fevers or body aches. Still have medicine to take for a week. DH still not so hot. I expect he'll start getting better tomorrow. That chicken coop is so wonderful. I'd be sending pics to Mother Earth News, Grit, and MJF of course. I bet others would love to do the same thing to theirs. Bunny, I like all your pics of your goodies. Wish I could stay longer but since I'm on the mend duty calls and I gotta get DD to bed.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  7:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Tracy, your chicken coop is adorable and the quilt just completes it. My own chicken coop is functional and that's about it!

Julie, so glad you are feeling better. Being that sick is no fun at all. Hope your husband starts to come out of it soon.

Nancy, congrats on the move. I hope you make new friends quickly and settle into your home.

We had a great weekend. Hubby actually had 1 1/2 days off!!!!! We spent some much needed family time. Went to a Grange meal today. Any of you heard of Grange before? I hadn't but it's a really old farm organization. It was a good time. I bought raffle tickets for a quilt but didn't win. :( It was gorgeous. Of course I didn't need it, but it was so nice I'm sure I could have figured something out. :) We also went to the museum in the "town" and had a great time looking at and learning about the history of the area.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  7:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I was browsing the web tonight and came across a few good websites, someone one here was asking about information on being self sufficient. So I thought I would share the site and some of the publications she suggested, guess what MJF is on that list.
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

MAGAZINES/JOURNALS FOR SELF SUFFICIENT LIVING

Backwoods Home
Grit
MaryJane's Farm
Mother Earth News
Small Farmer's Journal
The Herb Quarterly
The New Pioneer Magazine

BOOKS FOR SELF SUFFICIENT LIVING

Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving, by Altrista Consumr Products
Cider beans, wild greens, and dandelion jelly : recipes from Southern Appalachia, by Joan E. Aller.
Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Vinegar, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation, by The Gardeners and Farmers of Centre Terre Vivante and Deborah Madison
Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables, by Mike Bubel and Nancy
Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners, by Suzanne Ashworth and Kent Whealy
The Dehydrator Bible: Includes over 400 Recipes - Paperback , by Jennifer MacKenzie, Jay Nutt and Don Mercer
The Encyclopedia for Country Living, by Carla Emery
The Family Cow (A Garden Way Publishing Book), by Dirk Van Loon
The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants, by Samuel Thayer
The Forgotten Arts, Making Old-Fashioned Jellies, James, Preserves, Conserves, Marmalades, Butters, Honeys, and Leathers, editor Clarissa M. Silitch, Yankee Books
The Ultimate Guide to Homesteading: An Encyclopedia of Independent Living (The Ultimate Guides) - Paperback (Mar. 10, 2011), by Nicole Faires
Your Backyard Herb Garden: A Gardener's Guide to Growing Over 50 Herbs Plus How to Use Them in Cooking, Crafts, Companion Planting and More, by Miranda Smith

Also I came across a site called Small Town Living, it looks like a magazine you can read online and even download with so much info. STliving.com I have gone to alot of the websites they talk about and it is so much info, I think it will take me awhile to go through it all, I think I was able to download the last 4 or 5 issues no charge, and it looks like if you want to go back further than that you can get the magazine to download for $3. each. You can read the whole magazine offline after you download it...

I just added this
this is another site it is one of the best I've ever found, it has soooo much stuff in it.
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Oct 17 2011 05:32:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  8:12:43 PM  Show Profile
Nancy - Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good time!

Tracy, I like your chicken coop! That is so pretty! I'm going to have to remember that for when I get chickens (some year!).

Julie - glad to hear you're on the mend! Being sick is no fun at all!

Kimberly - that sounds like a lovely day!

Penny - those are very helpful! I wasn't the one asking but it's good to know :). I have Mother Earth News & I found The New Pioneer Magazine (it was, I think, $13!!). Haven't heard of the others though.

Well, today (& yesterday!) were very busy, productive days! Yesterday, I did all of my laundry & hung it outside on the patio(just have to fold it & put it away), made a lovely curtain lining from a fuzzy sheet for my patio door for the winter (& I even have enough left over to make a "snake" for the bottom of the door too!), moved & put away things into their proper places. Today I went to church, made a loaf of bread, made 2 crockpot meals for the next couple of weeks, made some hamburgers for the freezer & for supper tonight, made some cookies, did dishes a billion times (or so it felt!) & put my Christmas present supplies in a box. I really should have done up my dishes again, but I'm too tired & it's almost time for bed. They aren't going anywhere (unfortunately).

It's going to be a busy week again this week: Kinette meeting, staff meeting, ceramics, packing for a weekend conference trip for Kin (Kinettes & Kinsmen of Canada).....Hopefully I can get everything done I need to before Thursday night!

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  04:25:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone -

Just a quick hello - my boyfriend's Mom passed away on Saturday, so it was a busy weekend and will be a tough week. I still have that darned cold/flu or whatever, so that's not helping either. But, we farmgirls are tough, right?

Thank you to everyone who sent birthday cards, etc. - I haven't had time to respond to everyone individually yet, so please forgive me and believe me when I say they were apreciated so very much.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page