Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  07:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
Another Dianne with 2 ns. Hello Dianne in NY from Dianne in ID.

Happy belated birthday Nancy. I was not on the computer all weekend but I wanted to wish you a great day and a great year.

Tracy you have inspired me. I love the coop quilt. I have seen barn quilts but I never thought to put one on my coop. One side faces the road and it would be perfect. Thanks for sharing a wonderful idea. Now all I need is time to make it. LOL

Julie I am glad you are feeling better and I hope your DH gets better soon. It is no fun being sick but I think it is worse when you are both sick. Wish I could bring you a big pot of home made chicken noodle soup and fresh bread. Nothing makes me or my DH feel better than home made soup.

Well I need to get to work. I hate to leave the porch but I have to.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  08:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I have spent the weekend with crochet therapy. I get depressed and down when I have to go near the doctor or the hospital even just for tests. I hate doing the tests and I hate going near the doctor. It seems that they never have much to say that is good. Just ohhhh and ahhh. The doctor seems to feel that I must be in denial and not telling him the truth because since I am about to turn 68, something MUST be wrong with me other than having had cancer. He even had a difficult time believing that I hadn’t been sexually active. What was with that??? I certainly do wish I had DH back but..... So I made hats over the weekend, about 3 a day. Went and got prayer at church for agreement that there is nothing wrong with me. I told him that I get exercise. All he can see is that I gained 20 lbs. Well I knew that and have been dealing with getting rid of it, and in fact before I went in there about 3 months ago I would be willing to be that I was 30lbs over weight. And he wonders why I put off going in to him for over a year. He also complained that I should be coming in every 6 months. Yeah, well he never told me that in the first place and I just might not do so again as much encouragement as I get from him. Sorry but I am just venting. I’ll get over it.
Blessings to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  10:31:05 AM  Show Profile
Tracy, I love the chicken coop quilt! How cool is that.

Dianne, I'm glad you like the Xmas Tree ornament. I loved doing them.

Julie, glad you are on the mend. You have to get well before everyone else to take care of them right?

Cherime, sorry you are down. I totally know how you feel. I usually have to go to the basement, crank up some happy music and sew all day. The music keeps me from thinking about what ever is bothering me. Doctors can be such a pain when they don't really pay attention to you. Hope you feel better soon.

Nancy, welcome to the porch. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you landed in the right place with your little homestead. I hope to find my own someday but I have a long way to go.

Luanne, sorry about your boyfriend's mom. Happy belated birthday to you too!

I was a really gooood girl yesterday and did all my homework. So today I get to sew! Yeah!

Have a wonderful Monday.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  12:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Penny, gotta love next to free pork!!! What a nice surprise and treat. Kinda wish one would show up here. :)

Luanne, so sorry for your loss.

Bunny, WOOHOO a day of sewing. You are such a good student getting your work all done. Way to go.

Cherime, I avoid doctors like they carry the plague. Only go if I have to. I prefer natural medicine anyways so I look after most everything that way and only go if it's something I can't figure out. I agree they are so depressing to be around. Hope the crocheting is working. :)

Pam, you are always so busy. How do you do it all????? I wish I had your energy and productivity. I always feel like I'm doing something but there's not a lot of proof at the end of the day. :S

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the well-wishes. Cherime, as clear as I can tell, you aren't a money-maker for your doctor. You're not following the "plan." You have no diagnosis, no drug you have to take everyday for the rest of your life, you don't need to see him every six months, and you're generally happy. You're just plain healthy. Your doctor should be happy for you. I wouldn't be surprised if you outlive him. Here's a hat I did today.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  2:37:33 PM  Show Profile
I am still runnin around like crazy! I only have a minute. I wanted to send out happy b-days to all I've missed! Sorry!

I have hulled and have dryin 3 30gallon trash bags of walnuts. I have 7 more that were picked up today that need spread and drove over.

I was given 27 lbs of tomatoes, 41 lbs of potatoes, and 2 1gallon buckets of peppers. I'm cannin salsa and dryin the rest of the peppers for my own pepper flakes. I have my potato baskets and crates ready to fill once they finish dryin out.

I have checked all my left over cannin from last year and it's all sound still, so I have that much to help carry us. I also have the stuff we have been squirrellin away for the last year or so. I'm still not really ready for winter, but I guess I really don't have much choice do I.

I also have my homemade potting mix ready to get my greenhouse and growing boxes goin so I can grow some winter indoor stuff. We dug and potted my best tomato plant and one of each of the pepper plants and brought them into the living room. They are regrowin their roots and some new leaves, but no blossoms as of yet.

I am gettin ready as I can for winter and fightin the flu in the whole house. Hubby started a new job that should be more hours and comes with a small pay raise, so that should help as well.

We also had a whole trailer full of insulation gave to us. It should be enough to finish the MILs apartment, build a dry room for squash and canned goods storage, plus insulate the floor/basement ceiling for the whole house! Yea! Warm tootsies this winter!

Now I'm off to go pull the cattail leaves and lay them out to dry. I've got a big list of baskets I need them to weave this winter. I am lovin the fact that I have access to free basket makin material now! I used to spend quite a lot on reed and handles. Now I have all the reed-like material I need and then some. I found a website that gives directions and measurements for all kinds of handles. Hubby says he can make nearly all of them for me out of scrap he has or from some of the downed limbs he found.

I am prayin for all you Ladies and think of you daily! I will be back much more when winter sets in and there is no more time for preperations!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  8:08:16 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's mother :(. Hugs to you & him.

Cherime, hope you're feeling better!

Kimberly, if you only knew how many days aren't like that! lol I just needed to get some stuff done before I knew the week was over & all I had to eat was macaroni or spaghetti! (And I couldn't even have bread/toast, b/c the loaf of bought bread I have in the freezer falls apart when I try to take a couple pieces off! Dumb bought bread.) And my energy levels are crazy low lately. I went for blood tests on Thursday, so I'm kinda hoping something will show up on there & it's easy to fix (I don't want it to be thyroid!). If I could go to a naturopath dr I would...unfortunately, I think the only ones around here are in Winnipeg & I'm not going there!

Julie, that is such a cute hat! I want to make some similar ones for my nieces & nephew, but I don't know if I'll get a chance to do it before Christmas.

Wow, Angela, you sound very busy! So much stuff :). Glad it's all still good from last year :).

One meeting down, 2 more to go, and a whole 'nother list to make & do. I think I'll be happy for Monday...

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  06:54:48 AM  Show Profile
Penny - Wow, I've seen those wild pig shows on tv. They seem pretty viscious. We just watched Anthony Bourdain last night doing a pig slaughter. Thank you for posting all the magazines and webpages. Hopefully I'll get time to check them out. The Pioneer Woman At Heart looks right up my alley.

Bunny - I like that quilt. I may try doing a snowman one this year. Haven't made a quilt in years so I'm due.

One of my Farmgirl Sisters sent me several patterns for helmet liners so I'm going to pick up some yarn and start working on one for my son for Christmas. He thinks they'll let him come home next month so I'd like to be able to give it to him to take back with him. That way I can make sure it fits him. I picked up some sock yarn last week and plan to do a pair of socks for dh for Christmas also. I'm also working on a crocheted afghan and need to pick up some more yarn to complete it. I started it with yarn I had leftover in my stash from some long ago forgotten project. I'm thinking about doing some quick dishclothes and maybe posting them for sale on the bulletin boards in the building I work in. Might be able to get a bit of cash that way.

Yesterday I was feeling whipped. My eyes were starting to water, sneezing, etc... Originally thought it was just allergies flaring but realized by the time I got home that it was a cold coming on. Curled up on the couch last night with a quilt and pillow and started taking Zicam. Before I went to bed I felt a little feverish. Thankfully I'm feeling better this morning so hopefully the Zicam knocked it out. We'll see how I'm feeling by the time I get off work though.

Well need to get to work. Looks like it's going to be a busy day.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  07:22:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Cherime Go ahead and vent. What are sisters for if you can't vent to them. We have all been there with doctors. I do agree with Ginny about avoiding them. But alas it is not to be.I am glad your healthy. That really is what your doctors problem is. He probably wants to take a trip and your not helping out his finances. LOL

Julie that is such a cute hat. Do you have patterns or just make it up as you go? You have amazing talent.

Angela I am so not ready for winter either. I know it is going to get here even if I am not ready. You are farther along than I am. You have way more energy than I do. Thats for sure. I hate to list everything I have to do because it depresses me and then I don't want to do anything.I admire those of you who make a list and then check things off as you get them done.

Well work calls so I need to get off the porch for now.I think I will take my tea with me. I need a little more caffine this morning or is it a little more warmth. It was 36 degrees this morning. Brrrr.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  10:04:47 AM  Show Profile
Well all but CT scan is back. Only thing they have any comment about was cholesterol. A bit high they said. OK more oatmeal, kale and broccoli. Now for the last of it this Friday.

Thanks Bunny and yes, crochet therapy does work ;)

Julie, I absolutely take that and will run with it. I love your hats. Great job.

Kim, I think maybe I have found a someone here who I will trade that doctor for.

Angela, good grief! Busy lady. I have always admired baskets. I have used willow branches occasionally for various things, certainly when weaving they gave me a ready supply of tools for holding sheds.

Thanks Dianne.

Blessing to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  4:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladybugs~ I have been away for far too long. I have missed you all so much! I see I have lots of catching up to do. We are spending the evening at home so I will be working on that.

As for us we have been very busy. My oldest dd is in marching band this year and they are having an awesome season. They are going to semi-state competition this weekend and if they get a gold they will move on to state competition the next weekend.
My first month in Mary Kay was amazing. I did 30 faces in 30 days and signed on a new team member! This past month has been super slow but that was my own doings.
The house is coming along nicely. We now have two bedrooms finished upstairs. Cousin Bob is going to finish sealing off the unfinished space to help keep out the cold for the winter and then come back next spring and finish the rest of the upstairs. My kiddos each have a bedroom of their own now! *squealing giggles* They've never had their own rooms before. So exciting!!!!

Anyhoo gals~ sometimes with the good there's the bad. And well I've had my fill the last couple of weeks. First almost 2 weeks ago now, my guy of 5 years told me it was over in a text message. I'm a whole lot hurt and well a little confused in the whole thing. And then this past Friday I found out the apartment complex I clean is under a contract sale. The buyers have 90 days to do their inspection and make their final decision on whether or not to buy. And if they do the sale should be final by next March. No one knows for sure if they will keep all of us who are there or if they will bring in their own people. I've been looking the last couple of days and well jobs are pretty scarce around here as I'm sure they are a whole lot of other places too.

Ladybugs I have a prayer request. The day before my guy dumped me, my van blew a radiator hose. Well I put an ad on craigslist and some cheapcycle sites looking for a mechanic and this guy responded. By that time, my BIL was all ready here working on my van. This guy and I texted back and forth for awhile. He's new to this area. Here for work and trying to learn his way around and make some friends. Well long story short, while we are talking his brother called to tell him that their mom had been involved in car accident. Last I heard she's in a coma. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Hugs to you all~
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  4:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Our staff meeting was cancelled tonight - yay! - in place of "homework" (that we have 2 weeks to do). I'm happy b/c I'm tired, and I have a lot of things to do before Thursday night/Friday morning. And I wasn't sure how I was going to get them done :s. I had a meeting last night, the one that was supposed to be tonight, and ceramics tomorrow night. Thursday I have to pack & get ready for leaving early on Friday morning. So now that I have tonight, I'm going to put my laundry away, do my dishes (yet again. I hate dishes.), tidy up & try to go to bed early.

I have a dr appt on Monday so something must have come up on my blood tests :s that I had last week. Not quite sure I want to know what it is...but I'm so tired all the time, I hope it can be fixed. I don't like being tired. Although with PCOS, it could be anything & everything. Stupid hormones that don't work properly.

Well, I'm off to find some supper & start my list. Have a good night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  5:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Pam, I hope the test results bring answers and that the doctors find an easy solution to your tiredness and hormone issues. You still amaze me with all you get done!!!

Melanie, I hope your job situation rectifies itself with no unnecessary stress. Well there's a classy way to break up. I'm sorry for your heartache.

Ladies, I'm a hurting mass of tissue. Today was such a glorious day that I couldn't stand the thought of the kids and I being cooped up in the house doing school work (this is why I do school year round, so we can take time off anytime we want), no biggy the kids are ahead anyways. So I was out in the barnyard tidying things up, trying to make it look like someone actually took care of it. Then I decided to shovel the manure in the horse pen. Jackson jumps to help because he makes money when he does. :) Infact he wanted us to clean the chicken coop too because he wanted to make more money. So I'm scooping poop and my daughter starts screaming. The rooster was after her. I was up and over the fence and in his face quick as a wink. Then I went in to trim some goat feet. My buck started acting up (he's in rut) so we had a little talk about respecting the boss of the barnyard; that being ME. Well he didn't take it to heart and he headbutted me in the stomach. I didn't care for that a whole lot so I laid him down and sat on him. I thought he had learned his lesson so I let him up. But nope he came at me again. So down he went again. The THIRD time I held him down for quite a while. Even decided to trim his feet while I was waiting for his change of heart. He thrashed and was bellering to let me know he didn't enjoy this much but he can't unseat me, seriously. Finally I felt him give in and I let him up. He was a good boy after that showing submission. I love these kinds of lessons because it doesn't injure the animal but it sure does settle down attitudes. I think my children now understand why Momma always tells them they can't go in the pens without me. They are quite concerned about Momma's tummy. Sweethearts. So yeah, my tummy is hurting, my arms are aching and my back is screaming from wrestling down a full grown Nubian buck and shoveling manure...... but it's all good. :) Think I'll finish trimming feet in a day or two though. I've got two goats left to do. Goats are SO much easier to trim than a horse. I always have to wait for the right day to trim my horse's feet because my hands and back just can't take it.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  02:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Pam and Angela...how would you two like to come and help me pack? You two have the most energy of anyone I know. At least let me borrow some of it OK? LOL
I am pretty pooped by the end of the day. The Lord keeps telling me to be like the tortouise...slow and steady. The only problem is that my body is ok with that but my mind is like the hare! LOL I just want to hurry up and get moved and get it over with.

Luanne...sorry to hear about your bf's mom. Praying for all of you!

Kimberly...loved the story of you sitting on the horse (or was it your goat?) Which ever...I could see your flaming red hair just blowen in the wind and you determined that you were going to win this battle of the minds and will. You go Annie Oakley! LOL

Cherime...I hear you about doctors. Would love to swear them all off but Medicare insists you are seen at least every 6 months and I know from my family Dr. that the state and insurance companies are the same way. Which is a bunch of malarky if you ask me. I like you own form of therapy...I do the same thing with my knitting. It is cheaper than a shrink! ha ha!

Melanie...you can't be serious about your bf dumping you via text messaging. That is just rude, crude and ugly. Well, that ought to tell you something right there. I am so sorry for your loss but believe me there are more fish in the deep blue sea and maybe the next one won't be a bottom- feeder. Grrr! Makes me want to give him a tongue lashing! But I will pray for him instead!

RFM Tammy...Hope son does get to come home soon. Also, what are the helmet liners for? And don't tell me ...."to go under their helmets" lol I get that picture. Is it for warmth or what?

Well My beloved Porchies...I better call it a night. I will chat with you...I hope at least once a day until I have to unhook the computer to move it.

Hugs & smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  05:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Ahh you gals are always good for a laugh! Kimberly, I was cracking up thinking about you wrestling a goat to the ground! I used to do something similar with my youngest. Oh she was sooo wild! I'd have to sit in the floor and wrap my arms and legs around her and rock to get her to settle down. I am so glad we don't have to do that anymore. She's too big and I'd never win that battle now. LOL

Yeah Peggy, a text message. BLUCK! Anyhoo for the most part it's not too hard to get through the week. The kids and all their activities keep me hopping and my mind occupied. This weekend will be rough. The kids will be gone to their dad's and it'll just be me and the critters. But I'm coming up with a couple of things to keep busy with. My MK recruiter is having a casual meeting and spaghetti dinner at her house and then there's a demolition derby out at the fairgrounds. And I really need to finish painting the living room.

Oh that reminds me! I haven't told ya'll about Hallie and Rufus helping paint one night. Well I'm painting the living room a dark brown~ Decadent Brownie. I sat the can of paint, almost a whole gallon mind you, on the kitchen table. I thought I had the lid on good but I guess not. Hallie was teasing Rufus with cheeseballs and he decided to help himself so he jumped on the table. They wrestled and off went the can of paint. I had brown paint all over the kitchen! It was ugly! Most of it came up. It wasn't funny then, but at least we can laugh about it now.

Well gals I'm off to work. See you all after while!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Angela- You're doing an amazing job! I hope you can find a break to drink some tea every once in awhile. Did you know there's other things you can do with cattails? I remember as a kid we would spray them with hairspray so they wouldn't fall apart. I think you can also grind them up and make flour...something edible out of them...like you don't have enough to do already.

Dianne- The hats have patterns. Do I follow the pattern? Not always. I worked on a new one the other day and it wouldn't turn down, it just kept getting bigger like a pizza. I had to use the base pattern that I keep in my head. I follow the pattern for the ears and noses.

Cherime- What is a "bit" high for the cholesterol? I'm asking because if you haven't noticed there are several new "normal" ranges for cholesterol and blood pressure. I question these because it seems it only requires more people to be put on medication when maybe they wouldn't have been before. I still say you're a healthy lady and therefore not normal in their eyes.

Melanie- I'm so sorry for that lousy bum. He's obviously lost his mind to walk away from a good woman. Come sit on the porch if you're ever feeling blue. How do those kids do that marching band? No way I could walk and play an instrument.

Kim- I love your goat story. I was thinking when I read it that it might be a good technique for DD. She probably wouldn't like it too much if I sat on her. The mental image sure gave me a laugh, though.

Peggy- I'm the same way about packing or most anything. Just want to get it done as fast as possible. Praying that God will give you all the energy you need.

Well, ladies I'm headed out. I've got a busy day. I have several hat orders and the house needs some TLC. Have to mail some business tax stuff and drop by the store. So, another typical day. Look forward to seeing you later and I'm leaving you with some pumpkin pie and cheesecake. I want it all gone by the time I get back!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  08:48:52 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, jobs are scarce most places. Actually we are finally starting to feel the pinch up here. Stuff seems to find its way up here a lot slower. You are way better off without some turkey who cannot face you with bad news and it chicken enough to do so in a text message. And will pray for the man’s mom. Melanie, you must have been scrambling to get that paint before it dried. Your are right, funny now but a pain at the time.

Peg, no one told me that medicare insists that you be seen every 6 months. I avoided the Dr. For a whole year. Frankly after the last visit avoidance therapy seems like the best plan to me.

Pam, praying that the something is just a minor thing like taking iron. Nothing more.

Kim I really had to laugh at the goat wrestling. We once had a female dog that was way too aggressive. She gave my DH a bunch of grief as he was home with her while I was working. We had some really difficult stairs, about 10" apart and only 2X6 wide. She hated the stairs and crept up and down them. She pulled the snarling routine one night and I grabbed her by the collar and drug her down the stairs. She nearly fainted over that one and Mom became the alpha female in the crew.

Julie, I have noticed what you mean about the blood pressure and cholesterol meds. They are sure pushing that stuff. They said that 200 is what they are shooting for and I am at 275. OK eat more kale, broccoli, almonds and apples. My diet has been a mess because I just did not want to cook for myself. My DH’s diet was so limited and I had to make almost everything from scratch to keep him from getting too much of stuff he couldn’t have that I got to the point where I hated the kitchen. I am over that now and its time to start managing the food I eat better. Otherwise, I am not going to worry about it. Have a good day.

Blessing to all here.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  12:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Kim, so funny about you and the goat. I had a very large dog, Scooby that I did that with. He was 142lbs. He kept getting into trouble. When he was bad, I would haul him to the ground, stare into his eyes and growl at him. My two sons thought it was so funny, but he knew who was boss. He was the most awesome dog and friend. I miss him terribly.

Melanie, so sorry to hear about the man. They can be such pains at times. I think you dodged a bullet with that one. Consider yourself lucky you found out before you got married. I wish I had. My second husband was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. Interesting about your color choice for your living room. It sounds so warm and cozy. I hope you put a picture on your blog.. I'll check it out to see. The job stuff is scary. You might have to advertise for some individual house cleaning jobs to get you by.

Peggy, ya know I'm only a few hours away. I could possibly come over on a weekend and help you pack. I typically don't have anything scheduled for Fridays to Sundays. Let me know if you need some help. I know sometimes it gets overwhelming when you are by yourself.

Need to study for a test tomorrow.. so later porchies.. stay well!

Bunny

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  12:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy BTW, I have a truck too. It has a cover on the bed, but it can be removed.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  1:07:21 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...you are sooo Sweet!!! Thanks for the offer but I really do have a lot of people offering...the
problem is I get very introverted (even though I am a total Extravert) when it comes to stuff like this.
I would rather do it myself...at my own pace. If other people are here to help...I feel like I have to work according to their pace and schedule. I am very private in my life the older I get. Which is just the opposite of my personality type. fibro and depression may account for that. Anyway, I love you for offering.
My sons are going to move us and we don't have that much furniture. What I have the most of is craft supplies, Knick Knacks and junk.

I need a nap...more later girls!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 19 2011 1:09:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  2:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Peg, glad that you have guy muscles to help. Rest and don't over do. Hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  3:43:25 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, so glad you have lots of help. Just saying... I'm here.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  4:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I only have a few minutes but wanted a cup of tea on the porch with all of you. It is sunny here but cool. No frost yet but I am sure that will happen soon. Poor tomatos.

Melanie I can't believe he sent a text message. So lame. I know it hurts now but girl if he is not man enough to tell you in person, He is not man enough!! You deserve so much more.
I will keep the guy whos mother was in a car accident in my prayers. Him and his mother.
I will also keep you and the job issue in my prayers. Jobs are few and far between here too.

Pam I hope the blood tests turn out to be no big deal. Mine showed that my tyriod needed help. I hate taking meds everyday. I am looking into more natural options. I would rather take herbs than drugs.

Kimberly I laughed so hard at the mental image of you sitting on your goat. I do hope the back pain and the tender stomach get better soon.

TX you left both pumpkin pie and cheesecake on the porch? I wont tell my DH or there would be no cheesecake for anyone else.

Well I need to head out and get some things done before it gets dark. The only thing I don't like about the change of seasons is that the days get shorter and I still have the same amount of stuff to get done.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy don't over do it.....I am taking care of the yo yo swap, so you take care of you...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

mastergardenermd
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

melissa
annapolis md
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:15:31 PM  Show Profile
hello everyone,

i really miss sitting on a porch. I used to love sitting in my rocker and watch the world go by.
Can I come and join ya'll i'll be happy to sit on steps.
I'll bring my stories of my house rabbits and gardening to share.

Hugs,
Melissa

Life is Like a Beautiful Garden
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page