Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Porchies, hope everyone is doing well, just wanted to pop in and say hi

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  5:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melissa! Welcome to the porch. No need to sit on the steps...*push, shove*...see, your rocker's right there waiting for you. Now tell us all about the house rabbits...

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  7:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melissa...There is always room for one more on The Porch! Pull up a rocker, porch swing, hammock, or whatever and share your house bunnies stories and we'll share our stories too. Right now, I am in the middle of an unexpected move. I am absolutely pooped tonight. A bit ticked off at hubby too. Men...they put four boxes in the trunk of the car and they think they have a load to take to the new house. If my husband would have seen what I crammed in that car today {twice}...he would know what a load is. I asked him to take at least one load tonight...after my comments to him this morning...he managed to take 8 boxes tonight.
At this point it is going to take us 2 months to move rather than two weeks. LOL I am in a bit of pain tonight do to the move and a weather system that came in. Had to take pain meds to nap this afternoon as the pain was so intense. When I woke up...it had been raining...that explained everything.

Nancy...got your lovely b-card and pretty hankie today. Bless your heart. Tried to post a picture but for some reason couldn't get it to post. Maybe tomorrow. The problem was probably brain fog...more than anything else. ha ha

Bunny...you are a blessing...thanks for your most generous offer to help us move.

Penny...thanks for answering Dianne's questions about the Yo-Yo Swap...and hope you
got her signed up. I could kiss you for jumping right in and handling everything for me.
It takes a load off. Didn't think you would be Hostessing a Swap already did you? ha ha!
Your a doll! Thanks! ~ I think I did over do today...as I was trying to prove a point to
my DH. I am NOT going to keep the car and haul boxes and small furniture tomorrow. My DH
wasn't real happy about that but Oh well...the body doth portest tonight. Tomorrow I will
just finish packing all the Knick-Knacky things. I have my own in home Antique Store. LOL

OK My Pourchies...I am falling asleep at my computer. Time to get in my Jammies and relax
or fall asleep...which ever comes first. Love You All Big Time!!

Hugs and blessins,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, you know I will do anything for you, love you too, please get some rest. I hope Dianne will join us and if so I will let everyone know....hugs, and more hugs...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

mastergardenermd
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

melissa
annapolis md
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  8:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Peggy,
Thank you for the kind and loving words. I understand all about moving and PAIN. I have had 4 back operations as I have dics that just are discinegrating so I hav e 2 rods and 9 screws. Did it help hell no. the pain is even more intense some days and I like you if I do too much on one day I am down for the count the next day.
and of course the weather never helps.

I am smelling my apple butter cooking right now and smells so good.

I have 6 house bunnies that are all rescues. They are my children. We lost one just this past Summer he had been ill for 5 years off and on and we fiinally had to bring him to the last vet visit. He is now with another bunny waiting for us on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Well it is late and I am trying to get a few things done before bed so nitey nite all

Hugs,
Melissa

Life is Like a Beautiful Garden
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  9:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Melissa, can't wait to see pics of the bunnies..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  10:04:04 PM  Show Profile
All you ladies are so productive and busy. I wasn't terribly productive but I was busy. We had a great day. First the guy finally came to do some fixing on our house. I can now open my front door, what a novel concept! Then we boogied into town for our field trip. It was great. The kids had a little lesson on pumpkins/squash and eating healthy. Then they went on a hay ride and got to pick one decorative pumpkin each. Petting zoo, a hay fort with tunnels, and a snack of homemade pumpkin donut and fresh made apple cider. MmmmMmmm them was GOOD. Intersperce this with wild running and playing and you have our fieldtrip. Kids loved it. Then we went to the next town over and I let the kids browse the toy store. They informed me of all the things they are going to save their money to buy. :) Stopped in to see a friend of mine at her store and we ended up visiting with her and she even came and had supper with us! It was so awesome to visit with her. Then we boogied over for AWANAS. The kids are loving it and I'm so excited that they love it. Jackson got his first booklet completed so that he could get his book. Next week he should have enough completed to get his vest and then we start working on badges. They're pretty pumped about it. I'm pumped because Jackson did so much better today. My son has a problem with controlling his emotions. We had a long talk about it the other day and discussed what Scripture taught about it. I explained that he needs to be the boss of his emotions. Like when he's playing his guitar, his fingers are the soldiers and he's the captain that tells them what to do. He liked those images and got what I was trying to explain about self control. Today he only had one melt down and he was able to bring it under control faster than normal. Then the lady at AWANAS said he was so good tonight. So I praised him for doing such a good job of controlling his emotions. He's pretty proud of himself right now. :)

Well I'm to pooped to pop so I'm gonna say nighty night and talk to you all tomorrow.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  07:03:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone
I needed a few minuteson the porch with all of you. A cup of tea and good friends what more could a person need before they head out to a busy day. National Lights on After School is today and I coordinate the high school after school programs. The other coordinators and I have been planning for the last couple of monthes. Please pray all goes well tonight.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  07:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly, sounds like you had a busy day and I would say productive too, even if you don't think so...lol...I am so glad that Jackson is doing better, with a Mom like you, I have no doubts he will continue to grow and improve daily. You are a wonderful Mom and teacher, you should be very proud of yourself.

Dianne, glad you came and joined us for a bit...sounds like you are going to have a busy day. I will send a prayer up for you...

I'm going to work on my Christmas tree for my Christmas Bag swap...I think it is so cute. After my partner gets it I will post a pic...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Penny, I wish I could give you a hug! Somedays I feel like such a miserable failure and other days I get praised for how great my kids are.

Whoops, gotta go, Nikole wants to play her violin!!!! :D

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  10:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Last time I was on here was the 12th. Didn't know it was THAT long.
My Sister was up from N.C. and left last evening. I miss her already! We took them to Amish country 2 days in a row. That was fun!
Melanie, so sorry for the "Thoughtless Creature" that posed as your bf(he doesn't even deserve capitalization)that hurt you! YOU Dear Girlfriend deserve so much better! I will keep that internet guys mother in my prayers too. How's she doing....hear anymore 'bout her?
Someone mentioned sweet tater fries...mmmmm-mmmmm....love those. I get the Amielia's Sweet Tater Chips at our local Grinders Restaurant all the time. I don't even need the dip they serve, TY, I love 'em as they are!
Someone else mentioned butter cake...yum....sounds tasty...what is it...can I have the recipe? I like the sound of it!
Melissa, Welcome Girlie! House Bunnies!!! Love 'em!! I've had them(only 1 at a time...little bundles of orneriness...haha) for years. Lost my last one about 1 1/2 years ago, at 9 1/2 yrs old. My first boy-bunn! Tell us stories, show us pics. Wanna see-Wanna see!!!
Kimberly...Loved the goat story...drawing cartoon pics up in my head of it all. BUT sooo sorry that you had to endure all that pain. I thought you meant a pygmy goat until you said differently.Nubian! WOW! You poor (Bruttish-Goat-Wrangler)thing!hahahahaaha
Well, gotta get busy Gals!
Missed Yuns!Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 20 2011 10:54:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  11:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Just popping in for a quick visit! Still working hard and still just plugging along. I really miss everyone! I just updated my blog with a giveaway of my embroidery (it's a season sampler) made some pumpkin bread for everyone and put my garden to bed for the winter. This weekend I am filming another craft video-this one is for Thanksgiving.

Oh! Did I mention that I want to take ice skating lessons cause next year I want to go to NYC for the holidays and skate at Rockefeller Center? LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  2:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Judy, how are you doing without your sister? My parents recently left after visiting from California for 3 weeks and I've been battling the blues ever since! It's too cold to go do anything outside (I am a SAHM to my 8 month old, so she can't really be out in this weather) and so we're cooped up in the house on the farm, and I'm dreaming of sunnier weather, beaches, and warmer climates! I miss Cali! LOL

Pam, I just checked out your blog. Very cool! You do a beautiful job at embroidery! I've been thinking of trying my hand at embroidery for awhile. We'll see if I ever get around to it!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  4:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Porchies! Sounds like everyone's having a fun, productive day! Mine was productive. Cleaned at the church and then the apt complex. May have a job lead. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. My pastor told me about it. Other than that, it's been kinda rough. Well cleaning doesn't require much thought so memories have a funny way of creeping up. Sometimes I really wish I had a thought provoking job so those memories would stay at bay.

Judy~ I haven't heard anymore about the internet guy's mom. I tried contacting him, but haven't heard anything.

Well gals I guess I'm gonna go do some laundry. Have a great night!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  6:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. I'm pooped. Since this is hat season I have a lot of orders. I finished a pig hat today and almost finished a monkey hat. My back is giving me grief today. Can you throw your back out doing crochet? Planning on having lunch with a friend tomorrow and getting my eyebrows done. The old eyes can't see well enough or close enough to do it myself anymore. One of my favorite things to do is get them done, then go over to the perfume section and put on some ghastly expensive perfume, then go grocery shopping.

Peggy- Can't believe your DH hasn't learned to read your mind yet. He should know better about moving. Who moves 4 boxes? Sheesh...silly

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  7:55:32 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - it's appauling he'd breakup via text but unfortunately that's becoming more and more the norm for cowards. Hear about it happening all the time around here. You'll be better off without him. Better now then if he'd gotten moved in with you and you'd found out he wasn't what you thought (had that happen to me).

PeggyAnn - Yes, the helmet liners are for warmth. Apparently Afghanistan can get unbelievably cold in the winter so it keeps them warm and protects their faces and necks from the bitter wind. It also insulates the head. I'm hoping to find some alpaca wool since it's so soft that's the right weight. I'm also considering a wool & bamboo mix since bamboo would help with antibacterial properties if he sweats in it at all that it doesn't get funky smelling. I'm hoping to pick up yarn this weekend.

Who has the house rabbits? We use to have 12 in our house when the kids were doing 4H. We had a 9 unit rabbit cage and then stacked dog crates for the other 3. They are so much fun. We had one female for breeding and the rest were males since they're more stable and friendly unless you get the females fixed. All but one of ours were mini rex rabbits. They were so soft and satiny feeling. I've been considering getting some angora bunnies.

Well, df got two more rejection letters from Catapillar in ND. We'd really thought they'd at least contact me before deciding to accept or reject his resume. The sent the first rejection about three days after he submitted it but didn't send the second rejection for nearly two weeks - we were hoping that was a good sign but apparently not. They're supposedly hurting so bad for employees but don't bother really looking at the resumes they get. Crazy. He's been in a major depression since the second rejection came. He had such high hopes we might be able to be moved before Christmas. He's not happy that I'm applying for jobs here but I'm realistic if nothing else. I found a listing for a secretary at the hospital so I applied for that and I found out today that the military has an opening at the MEPS location so I'm going to be putting my application in for that also. I have connections at the MEPS location but that hasn't helped me in the past when I've applied. We'll see.

Well off to bed with me. Hopefully I'll get some baking done this weekend and can share it with all my porchies.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  8:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, my energy has taken off without me yet again....

I'm not sure where I left off in response to others...so I'll start again on Sunday/Monday & it will all be fresh.

I still need to finish packing, and tomorrow I need to go to the bank (since by the time I remembered, none of my clothes were dry, and now I don't want to go out in the cold! lol) & the post office before I leave. I made a list...let's hope I remembered everything!

Well, I think I'm off now - just wanted to stop in & say "see ya on Sunday!" before I left. Have a great weekend all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  01:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Melissa...pain is such a pain isn't it? Gosh, I guess if I didn't have pain...I wouldn't have anything to complain about. (God is up there laughing at me...as He thinks I invented whining) ha ha!

Kimberly...you are such a terrefic mom...don't you be getting down on yourself. Glad to find out that you were headbutted by your goat and not your horse. I get confused sometimes...I blame it on being in a Fibro-fog half the time. lol

Judy...good grief girl, we thought maybe your sister kidnapped you and took ya home with her. LOL So glad to hear that your Shingles are doing better. Those puppies are so painful. I felt so badly for you. ~ Speaken of Sweet tator fries...I had some for dinner tonight! Yummo! We don't use any dip on ours either. They don't need anything...they are so delish on their own...dip would spoil the natural flavor.

Mel...still can't get over your bf. That is just not cool. You deserve so much better. Maybe On-line Guy????

Pamela...hello my girl! I love and miss you! Did you read that I am moving back to Vancouver??? It is a God Thing. Just fell into our laps last week. I had to get out of the Retirement Housing, it is just too depressing watching all these people that you know and love, get sick and die. 12 in 3 yrs. Too heart wrenching!
As soon as I get moved and settled in a bit...we absolutely have to do lunch and shopping.
I went on your blog site. Not sure if I am just too tired or too dumb but I couldn't figure out how to post a comment for your Embroidery give-away. My very favorite time of the Year is what ever Season I am in at the moment. I love them all!!!! So maybe you can post that for me, OK? ~ Loved your goal to take up ice-skating so you could skate in NYC next year for the Holidays. How fun would that be? Love You...and pray for you and Mark continually. Hugs, Mom

Megan...embroidery is very relaxing! You really should try it! Pam is one of the Best at that craft that I have ever seen. I am one of her biggest fans! She just does incredible work. She has done some stellar work with coloring in some of her embroidery pieces. Her vintage pieces are to die for! Ask her for some show and tell!

Julie...you are so cute! Yes, you would think the man could read my mind after 26 yrs. wouldn't you? He did so much better tonight. He hauled two almost full loads. He's learning! To tell you the truth, every move we have ever made...he packs up his one room and I pack all the rest of the house by myself. I think I have just spoiled him rotten and it's too late to change him now. ha ha!

RFM Tammy...I did not know that it got so cold there in the winters. The wool and bamboo sounds like it would be good for sweaty heads. I guess you might have some guys who would be allergic to wool. It sounds like a really good way to help the soldiers out though. And I know that your son will really appreciate his. Will keep his mom close to his heart and his head!

Sorry that df got the rejection letters. Did he have any other hopeful companies pending there? You are probably smart to put in for jobs in your local area. I know that ND is saying that they have all kinds of job opps there but until someone scoops up your df on his abilities...you still have to feed the family and go on as if that is your only option...because for now, it is. Praying for you guys! If you are meant to move to ND it will happen sooner or later.

Pam/22 Angel...hope you have a good trip. And I hear you, when you say your energy left you. I am feeling the same way...every night. I keep telling myself that this move will soon be behind me and that gives me hope and renewed energy and light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully that light isn't The Train!)

Angela...hope you are reading the posts...our busy little home-maker.
I got your sweet card and the tea today. Thanks so much. Smart girl for putting it in the baggie...as it did leak. You are a delight!

Ok My Porchies...I am sharing some awesome pear butter with you all, that one of our own just sent me for my birthday. I know you will love it as much as I do. Leaving scones and/or toast to go with it. Of coarse I didnt make it...I don't have time. My head is in boxes all day! lol

Hugs and Loves My Porch Babes,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 21 2011 01:27:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  05:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Mornin Girlies!

Peggy~ Moving is such a job! I hope it goes smoothly for you. And I'm glad to here it's a good thing. Funny you said something about an "on-line guy". My friend talked me into checking out a couple of those dating sites. She said not to look for anything serious just someone to go do something with on occasions. You know just get out of the house some. Well so far I've been hit on by a guy that likes to brush hair an massage feet (seems a little creepy LOL) and a couple old enough to be my father. Do you see me making my ugly frog face? HAHAHA Then I thought well I'll try that eharmony thing. And well there's a guy on there that I have a whole lot in common with so we're in the process of grilling each other. As for the ex~ I know you all are soo very right, that I am better off without him. When the bad memories creep in it's easier to say good riddance, but when it's the good memories it's tough.

Bunny~ Did that eharmony thing ever pan out for you? I've been so outta the loop I don't even know what's going on.

Megan~ Ditto what Peggy said about Pam's handi-work! I have a sampler from Pam. We swapped awhile back. I LOVE it!!

Where did my time go this morning?! It's all ready time to get the kids off to school and go to work. Talk to you all later!

Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all,

I'm not a morning person, I stay up late and usually sleep until about 8:30, but last two days I've gone to bed at 3 and 4...and got up at 6. Now that makes no sense to me....but so be it...

Kimberly, {{{{big hug}}}} I meant every word of it....also I love hearing about Jackson and Nikole, I miss those days of having little ones around..(well sometimes)

Judy, Judy, Judy, I have wanted to email you a few times to check on you but knew your sister was visiting so decided to wait for you to pop back in here. I am glad you are feeling better.

Pam, I went to your blog and love the items you are given away. I posted a comment and keeping my fingers crossed...lol You really do beautiful work. I wish I knew how to ice skate, I can roller skate but that's it...I would love to join you in NYC during the holidays, that is on my bucket list...lol

Megan, sorry you are feeling blue, I hope it warms enough so you and your baby can get out a bit...I'm sure that will help the blues.

Melanie, I understand what you mean about wishing you could do something so the memories didn't creep in...praying for you girl, hope things get better. Melanie, I met my DH on a dating site called Plenty of Fish. If it hadn't been for that I don't think we would have ever met...we only lived 30 miles apart but in different states, I was in SC and he in GA. I had a few dates while on that site but he was the only one I felt totally comfortable from the moment we met. We just knew we were made for each other and got married 4 months later. I couldn't be happier...

Julie, hope you enjoyed having your eyebrows done...that is something I've never done...and for some reason, never care too...too much tomboy still in me even at 53. lol...I'm glad it makes you feel good...thats a good thing.

Tammy, I am sorry about the rejection letters, I hope something comes through soon...I will be praying for the both of you. It seems that there are a few of you that have had bunnies, I just love hearing the stories.

Peggy, I am so glad you are moving, it will be so good for you....but once again, take it easy, don't over do it...and I understand that men think so different than us...I am so glad you like the pear butter, It is the first time I've every made it...only got 4 jars of pear butter (oh wait, only have 3 now) lol....but 12 jars of pear preserves. I wasn't going to send your BD box so early, really wanted you to get it on your BD but with you moving and all, I decided to send it early rather than it getting there late...didn't want to take the chance...

I got a few things to get done, will check back in later

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  07:43:52 AM  Show Profile
It's off to the CT scan for me this am. That junk the contrast that you have to drink for it knocks me for a loop. But it will be over with for now.

Peg, one can complaint without whining. You have a right to complain about garbage that makes you feel bad. All kids complain to their daddies. Hugs and enjoy orchestrating your move.

Tammy sorry about that rejection. Praying that the right thing will open up.

Ladies, God bless all and later. Got to go and I am complaining all the way ;->

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  08:06:08 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, it wasn't eharmony but my husband and I met on a Christian Single site. It can be a good thing if you are careful. Even on the Christian sites you'll get some weirdos. I had one guy contact me who was older than my dad and requested naked pictures!!!! I told him about the 30-30 Winchester under my bed and that if he managed to get through my daddy (not likely) that he'd have to get past her. Then I blocked him so he couldn't contact me again. So caution is important but it can still be a great thing. I'll be married nine years in spring, have two gorgeous children and even though we've had some rough trails (like any marriage) we are committed and love one another. So I say Good Luck and have fun!!!

Peggy, I hope your move is going smoothly. When it starts to get tough just remember the joy of being out of there!!!!

Penny, and I thought our courtship was fast!!!!! Matt and I started communicating in June, he came to visit in August, I came to the States in September, Married in spring.

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:03:14 AM  Show Profile
Malanie, I gave up on the eharmony thing. At 54 and not tall, skinny and blonde, it just wasn't working out. I'm also kinda in the middle of nowhere. If I was in Portland I would have lots more choices. I know it can work for some people. Just be careful.

Peggy, nice that you are moving a little closer. I still think if you moved a little more east, you would feel better. I go to Portland and by the end of the day feel pretty bad, by Hood River I'm starting to breath easy again. Although lately it has been not so good even here in The Dalles.

Tammy, so sorry about the rejection letters. Too bad he can't find out what the problem was. I hope you keep at it.

Julie, I would love to learn how to make those cute hats! Is there a pattern somewhere? I'm going to start searching. I'm still pretty much a newbie at knitting but would love to give it a try.

Angela, thank you so much for the fun tea. It looks good. I'll be trying it tonight after dinner. I figure with a name like Vanilla Caramel Truffel it will be my low cal dessert.

Well I have a line on two part time jobs. I mentioned it at school and one of my classmates is friends with a store manager that needs someone for one day a week at a local shoe store. Then at bunco last night I mentioned it there and one of the ladies there is the hiring manager at the local grocery store and is looking for someone to do fruit gift baskets. I have an interview on Sunday. It pretty much looks like that is a sure thing. It will be nice to be making a little money again. I need new glasses, rear brakes for my truck and really need to start thinking about filing bankruptcy to get my life back on track. I hate to do it, but don't see any other way out. I guess that's what it's there for.
I plan on sewing all day to get ready for my craft shows. Tomorrow is homework day and Sunday is interview day...
My son called last night and said he and his dad are coming up for Thanksgiving for sure. They will have to kidnap my younger son away from his girl friend. He won't go anywhere without her. I hope he will come up too. He is just at an age where his world is pretty small and pretty much about him and his girlfriend. We will see. But at least it won't be a total loss.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  2:35:09 PM  Show Profile
I made it to the porch! Hi Everyone.
Pear butter and scones sound wonderfull to me. I have a few pears to put up but I had not thought about pear butter. I have a lot of spiced peach butter (my DH favorite.I will see how many pears I have.

Pam ice skating can be fun. I am still in the give me a bucket stage.LOL In McCall the ice rink gives kids a buket to help steady them as they learn to skate. So you know how well I ice skate. My children always have good time as they skate by me. Why can they learn to do new things so fast?

Tammy I am sorry to hear about the rejections. Those always so hard. I will keep you and your DH in my prayers. If you get the angora bunnies let me know how they work out. I thought about them because I was told you can brush out the fir and spin it. I have not done a lot of research so I put the idea on hold. I would love to know what you have found out about them.

Peggy do you make sweet tater fries like you do regular fries? Ok that may be a dumb question to some of you but my only expeience with sweet taters is baked and they were really good.I would love some recipes for sweet taters.

Well the tea and scones was great but I have to run. Busy weekend ahead.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  5:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Dianne...yes you make them the same way. You can either deep fry them or bake them...the choice is yours.
Or in some parts of the country you can buy a bag of them in the freezer dept. of your grocery store.
Depends on if you are feeling like doing them from scratch or not. Here in our area we have a fast foods place called "Burgerville" and they serve THE BEST sweet tator fries around during the fall season. And we are all spoiled by being able to just go throught the drive through...that is what I did last night in between trips to the new house. LOL Oh, they were so good!

blessings,
peggy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page