Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  11:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone is busy today! Or trying to relax!

I put my chicken in the crockpot that I had cooked last Saturday & there is still a lot of meat left on it! It will make a wonderful soup for sure :). I also put some apple cider & mulling spices in my rice cooker so that I could have something warm to drink when I got home from church today. And so now I'm going to go clean/tidy up, and hopefully start on some type of Christmas present, just what I'm not sure! It's trying to snow out & it's getting colder for sure! Stay warm everyone!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  11:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Wendy, so sorry about your dog. Thankful you are caring enough to do the right thing though. It is so hard to let them go. I do think we will see them again afterlife.
Dianne, I don't care what they call me..fruit cutter... whatever. I'm happy to have a job and sounds totally like something I can do, do well and keep for a while. I can be creative at home at my sewing machine. Besides,it's not a full time job.

Made chili yesterday. I love my chili recipe and make it all the time. Thankfully my mom likes it too so it doesn't go to waste if I make a big pot.

Being a slug and really need to get to homework.. later porchies.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Dianne - I'm the same way. I can't just sit and watch tv, I have to be working on something. I will sometimes watch a show on tv and read a book at the same time. I can tell you what's going on in both. Drives men crazy that I can do that, they always insist I've either read the book or seen the movie already.

Wendy - sorry about your dog. It's rough putting them down.

Well ladies things really hit the fan this weekend. My 21 yo dd broke up with her fiance - he admitted to cheating on her with a stripper. Where he's getting the money for a strip joint when he doesn't have a job is another issue in itself. She came over yesterday to talk to me and see if we could help her move out. He apparently threw all her clothes on the front lawn while she was at work Friday and changed the locks on the house they're renting. Then she dropped the bomb that he held a shotgun to her head last week telling her she wasn't going to leave him. She stupidly didn't report him for it. My 19 yo ds that we were having issues with moved in with them so he was being tossed out too. So this afternoon we had to go help both them move stuff out. We also agreed to take in my dd's 12 yo dog until she gets settled. My son who's in the Army is returning from TX tomorrow night and will be here through Friday when he returns to Afghanistan. The man is not happy over all this stuff going down. Hopefully I don't end up kicked to the curb too. Oh, on top of moving the kids out we also blew in 25 bags of insulation into the attic before we helped them today. I'm definately feeling battered and sore. Keep me in your thoughts this week, I'll definately be needing it.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  6:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
I've got some quite time this evening. I forgot to change the clocks in the kitchen so I ended up feeding the boys their dinner at 4:00. Oops!

I'm with those of you who need to have busy hands while watching shows. It used to drive my hubby crazy thinking that I couldn't just relax until he realized that if I'm not knitting or cross stitching, then I'm up and down constantly to go do a quick chore.

Tammy...I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. That is a rough situation all around for you. Hopefully, you can find some peace in the midst of it all.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  7:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- Yippee on the job!

Penny- When I started trying to NOT read the whole pattern at once, it got easier. I guess like most things, practice makes perfect. Would it surprise you to know I don't think my stuff looks so great. I admire so many others' work. And buying stitch markers means you have a desire to move to more difficult pieces. I have a couple of really good books for stitches. They are the Crochet Bible and the Knitting Bible. Many books have the same stuff. It will have a picture of what the stitch looks like and the written instruction to go with it. I would sit and practice several rows to learn a stitch. You're a real cutie in your picture!

Kimberly- I'm praying for you and your family. I pray that words are kind and actions not hurtful. Or was it walk softly but carry a big stick? I hate that feeling when it feels like all is lost. We've all been there. Giving you a big big hug.

Wendy- I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.

RFM Tammy- Keeping you in my prayers.

Yesterday we went to the Celtic Festival. I had a lot of fun and bought myself a ring. Nothing fancy. DD got a sword. Little barbarian. DH wore his kilt. Guys in kilts are just sexy! Today I went to work and now I'm home for the week. DH is feeling crappy and I am feeling like I have some allergies. Not too bad so hopefully some rest will take care of it. Missed you girls this weekend.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  8:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Wendy - I ache for you over the loss of your dog. Been there, done that, still grieving.

Thank you to all you wonderful farmgirl sisters. The hugs and prayers are so appreciated. I don't want anyone thinking or saying anything bad about my husband, he is an incredible man with wonderful skills, talents etc but like all of us he's human. It just feels so hopeless right now. And it has been that way for so long, I fear it won't get better. BUT God IS in control and I'm doing my best not to fret (I'm a worry wort) and lean on Him.

I got this in an email and although I don't believe in multiple lives, it is CUTE and I thought some of you might appreciate it. (I've always said I am a grizzly sow with cubs)

Gonna Be A Bear

In this life I'm a woman. In my next life, I'd like to come back as a bear. When you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.
When you're a girl bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.
If you're a mama bear everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.
If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
Yup, gonna be a bear!!!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  12:24:04 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...good to see you on The Porch...we are all here to hold your hand through this marriage delimna. It can all be so confusing and so messy and so unbarably sad one minute and the next minute you've walked through it and you know that it is all going to be ok. Just keep praying and practicing the presence of God. I loved your She Bear Story...all mothers can relate to it! LOL

Bunny...so happy for you over the job. Also know that it could be a shoe in the door for future advancement into other departments. My little future DIL worked in a grocery store and she did cashiering, Bakery and Floral and could float to other depts too. It's all good and you have the right attitude about it....who cares if you are just cutting up fruit... it isn't for 40 hrs a week. Besides fruit can be sexy!

Julie...cute picture of you and your dd. I bet the Celtic Fair was a lot of fun. The weather looked perfect for a great day outside activity.

Dianne...loved your comment about not having to purposely knit in a mistake. Well that is probably true for most of us at some time or another. I am a perfectionist to the inth degree so...I rip my stuff out if I see a mistake and do it over. But I have missed mistakes and not caught it until the project was done...then I don't bother. ~ Isn't it funny how men don't understand that knitting or crocheting or what ever hand work we are doing ... is how we relax? It would drive me up a tree to sit and just hold my hands in my lap.lol Just call the men in the little white coats to take me away!

Pam...did you get your snow today?
Listening to you say there was still a lot of chicken left on the bone...made me think of a nice hot chicken pot pie. Nothing better than home-made. Not even Marie Calendar can compete with home-made. Yum!

Deborah...good to see you on the Porch tonight. I do have a bit of energy now that I am over that intestinal bug I had.
I worked all day on the House and it is starting to really feel homey. I have a long way to go until I am finished but I am pleased with the progress.

Wendy...love your Bob Marley quote. What instruements do you play?

Tammy...good grief girl...could you possibly have any more on your plate right now? I am going to be praying double time for you and your entire household. I am so sorry that you have so much to deal with at the moment.
Find something positive to hang onto girl and don't let go!!!

Bless You All....Good Night!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 07 2011 12:28:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  04:19:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey all!

I'm stoppin in for a quick early mornin sit. I have been crazy busy and I'm gonna figure out how to make it stop.

I have dealt with dr's, baby showers, birthday parties, buildin projects in my MIL's place, cranky family, sick family, potty trainin, job changes for DH, surgery for family members, switchin the household from summer to winter, inventoryin everything from food stocks to household items, walnut cleanin and storage, a 3y/o with a broken toe the day before her birthday, and last night me in the er for entire left side body pain!

I'm exhausted and stressed and hurtin all over. I have a bulgin disc in the top of my neck. It's bulgin to the left side and pressin all the nerves for the left side of my body. I'm now on some anti-inflammitories, pain meds, and have a list of natural meds to switch over to after the scripts run out. I am a little better this mornin, except for the bruises. I got hurtin so bad last night my leg got too weak to hold me as I was walkin through the kitchen and I fell into the stove. I burnt my leg with a hot cup of coffee I was carryin and DH had a fit. He made me go to the er.

I didn't sleep so well last night cause I was worried about my blood pressure. It was 177/108 at the er. They said it was so high due to pain and stress. This mornin it was 131/71, so it was a lot better. I'm hopin it will come down a little more as this all gets better.

I usually have thanksgiving dinner here every year, this year my grandma wants to have it at her house. We are doin a pitch-in style dinner, so that will make it much easier on me, which I really need right now. I was startin to dread the thought of cookin the whole meal this year, which I usually love doin. This has worked out nicely. I still have to do dinner for DH's family, but that's only 5 people instead of 35 for both families.

Christmas will be a little less hectic as well. I have already been told that 2 of the 5 parties have been cancelled due to surgeries scheduled for next month. I will also not be makin candy this year for everyone. I have decided on cookies and jellies. I have an excess of jelly this year and my 11y/o has mastered cookie makin and wants to do the bakin for christmas, so it sounds good to me.

I have my house winterized, the winter clothes have been pulled out of storage and washed, and the produce has been canned and stored away. Now it's time to get some winter down time. We are tillin the garden once a week to keep the weeds chopped up, which is done with a ridin mower, easy. We have to put the walnuts in the nut barrel, which is done by the kids once they are completely dry, easy. That leaves the plannin and schedulin of the garden and greenhouse to be done, which is done from the couch over the next few months, easy.

I'm kinda enjoyin the fact that I only really have easy jobs left for the rest of the year!

I am prayin for our sister's on here who are strugglin and givin praises for those who are celebratin.

I do have a cranky little one who will be wakin soon. She broke her toe the day before her birthday, then came down with the flu the day after. She's not sleepin well and wakes early due to pain meds and flu meds wearin off and makin her miserable. She does have lots of new movies to watch, which helps. Most of them were for her homeschoolin, but she still loves watchin them. We are watchin the 'Your Baby Can Read' and a set of preschool prep videos she saw at her cousins house and fell in love with. She is really enjoyin the shapes and colors video cause she can follow it and answer most of the questions they ask.

I had better get off here and start her oatmeal. She will need to eat before she can take more meds and settle in for some videos on the couch with momma. I think her and I both will lay around and nap for today.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  04:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!

Seems like I'm always apologizing for not stopping by more often - somehow life always seems to get in the way!

Bunny - congrats on the job!

Wendy - so sorry to hear about your dog - they are like one of the family, and it is so hard to lose them too.

Kimberly - praying for you - I've been through those marriage troubles too, and it is so very hard. Love the bear poem!

Tammy - praying for you and your daughter also - please keep us posted.

Peggy - so glad you're move went smoothly and you are getting some time to relax. Love reading your news every day.

There are a few farmgirls I've been wondering about lately - haven't seen or heard from them. How about our Teacher Tammy, our schoolgirl Megan and Darlene? Hope they are all doing OK and just very busy.

Better get to work and get something constructive done.

Made apple cake last night, so there's some waiting on the porch if anybody's hungry!

Hugs to everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  09:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Wendy, I know how that hurts. Praying for you.

Kim. Blessings and the peace that passes all understanding be heaped on you.

Angela, praying for you as well.

Peg, if I get to the end I usually leave the mistake but I have been known to have a lapfull of yarn that was ripped out.

Bunny, hope all goes well for thanksgiving. The individuals where DD works wanted to make her on duty all of thanksgiving and the day after. She pulled the plug on that idea. But needs prayer for stuff at that place. Strange place to work. She is still looking but nothing yet.

Blessings ladies. It is snowing here and shows no sign of halting. about 8 inches so far. Had to go out and shovel the berm the borough snow plow made at 3am so I could get out of the driveway. But the stuff is so fluffy and pretty. Maybe I need my head examined. ;->

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  10:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Morning everybody. Amazing what some daylight on things can do :O) THanks for all the prayers and thoughts. My dd and I have been texting most of the morning. Three of my kids and I are going to find a house for rent and move in together and split the costs. Obviously it will make it easier when my oldest son is home to be able to stay and visit everybody in one spot. DD is searching for a place. Plan, Plan, Plan. Something had to happen and soon.

After I posted last night and went to bed he started on me telling me he didn't want my son or the dog in the house and wasn't happy about it. I have a couple people that he's told he knew my son was going to have no choice but to move back in so why he's acting like this was something he had no control of I don't know and he's told his family recently we were going to be taking the dog. It's like what the heck! Jekyll - Hyde personality. What does he not get about being a family means letting issues go and helping especially in times like these? Also informed me in his rant that he wasn't going to be home in the evenings for the rest of the week (until my oldest son leaves) because "I've" left him with no choice so not to make any plans that included him. Fine, we won't. The kids and I can plan, plan, plan on getting out of there. I'm actually getting excited about the idea of all of us being together for the holidays. It's been quite a while since we've been able to do that. The kids and I have always had fun with the holidays so it will be a great holiday season for us hopefully :O)

I'm loving having my dd's jack-a-poo in the house. She's so fiesty even at 12. I feel so bad for her being blind in one eye now. Nothing like a jack to keep things lively LOL

Angela - you make me tired just reading your post. You are one busy lady. Rest that body a bit so you can recover!

PeggyAnn - I know. It's one of those when it rains it pours which seems to be common in my life but I'm a survivor and I haven't lost yet LOL

Well my break if over so back to work. I'll keep everybody updated on the hopefully upcoming move :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  11:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I've been thinking of you and your children in your situations and my heart has been aching. I can't even imagine going through what your daughter did! I hope you all find a house soon and are able to make it all work well. I'm happy for you that you will all be in a better position. Be sure to keep us updated!

Cherime, I'm looking forward to snow! I hope we get buckets of it this year. I want to play in the snow with my children, it's so much fun. I know we won't get enough but how I'd love to go snowshoeing. I know all to well that snow can get OLD but I hope you're able to enjoy it. :D

Angela, how horrible. I hope you start to feel better quickly. Have you ever seen a chiropractor? A good one might be able to relieve that for you. When my protruding disc makes my life to miserable to go on a trip to a chiro will straighten things up. Hope you feel better soon. I know what you are feeling so well.

My daughter's 4th Birthday was a blast. The kids all had so much fun. Nikole loved her carrot cake. My parents got to be there that's the first time they've been able to be at her birthday. I found the coolest pinata for her. Instead of having to beat it until it burst (which just makes me nervous having children wielding a weapon) it had little ribbons hanging down. Each child would pull on a ribbon and when the right ribbon was pulled on the trap door opened up. Much safer and they loved it. I had a bunch of prizes in there and just a few pieces of candy. I was SO impressed with all the children. There was no pushing or shoving. Everyone shared and made sure everyone got what they wanted. I made sure there were boy and girl appropriate toys and so everyone left happy. I stressed that no one was allowed to eat any candy until their parents said they could and no one argued, everyone complied. GOOD kids. And I was so proud of my son. A three year old boy up and hit Nikole in the head. Jackson saw this and was instantly in the kid's face telling him he wasn't allowed to be mean to HIS sister. He didn't hit him or do anything mean just got inbetween and protected his sister. That's my boy. :D

I realized afterwards that my last post could have been taken in a bad way. I'd like to clarify, I've been so emotional that I fear I'm not communicating well. I wasn't accusing anyone of saying or thinking anything bad, I was just voicing that I won't malign his name and I don't want to paint a picture of my husband as the bad guy and have anyone hating him. I appreciate all of your prayers and encouraging words more than you can possibly know. I feel so alone but to know you all care encourages me greatly. May God bless you all for your kindness.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  7:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

My Gkid logan needs your prayers. My oldest DD told me they found two lumps on the back of his neck. She is taking him to the Dr. tomorrow, Tuesday. Please pray. He is only 5 years old.I am so scared.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  8:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Just thought I'd pop in for a spell.

Dianne...please let us know how it goes tomorrow. It is so scary to find something wrong with the children/grandchildren. I'll be keeping your family in my prayers.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  9:19:19 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I would do anything to live with my kids again. I'm glad you were able to come up with a PLAN! Too bad you all couldn't move to North Dakota together. New home, new state, new job, new life. I'll be sending you good thoughts.

Dianne, I'll be praying for your Grandson. How scary... Hopefully it will not be anything serious.

Cherime, I agree with the knitting. I have ripped everything out a few times. I have problems with knitting patterns that call for a lot of counting. I get off so easy. There is one I'm working on right now. I can only do it if there is nothing to distract me. I can't even watch TV while I do it. I have ripped it out 3 times now... not going to do it again.

Anyway, had a nice painting class. I didn't want to stop and come home. Maybe if I get brave when my class is over, I'll post my efforts. I'm certainly not an "artist" by any means. But I am having fun.

Off to study, have a test tomorrow.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  11:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
It's late so I apologize if I don't get to everyone tonight. But I did want to say a few things

Tammy I am glad that you have planned to remove yourself from what seems to be a very uncomfortable situation. I am also sorry to read about your DD, I'm glad she is ok. My prayers are with you all.

Kimberly, I don't think anyone thought you were accusing us of saying anything bad about your DH. We just want you to know we are all hear for you and will listen and pray for you...you have my email if you need to talk away from here.

Sorry everyone, forgive me for not getting to everyone tonight...I do love ya bunches and hope to catch up soon.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  12:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I am late getting to the computer today (tonight actually, now or maybe it is even the next morning) who knows....not me. lol It has been a crazy busy day and I will not bore you with all the details. The house is coming together...slowly but surely. But boy is it pooping me out. The rain hasn't helped but I am pushing through the pain. I decided to invite my Bible Study Group to my house this Thursday night...to keep me motivated to put the house together. Plus I have my 3 yr. old grand-daughter this weekend...so that is my other motivation.

Angela...oh, that disc problem sounds painful. Glad you and the little one decided to take it easy today. Sounds like what you both
needed.Has your older daughter had her baby yet? Glad that your hectic life can slow down a little bit now that all the summer and fall harvesting is done. Take care...especially getting so stressed your blood pressure sky rockets. We don't want you have any more heart problems too.

Luanne...nice to see you on The Porch girl. You are so right we have been missing our Megan, Darlene, and Teacher Tammy. Megan...I hope is just busy with school and not embarrassed over her Porchies
christmas ornament.
Darlene...as you know is going through chemo and radiation for her breast cancer. I think she must be having a hard go of it. I need to send her a card again...but have so busy. Now I just need to unpack the cards, stamps etc.
Teacher Tammy...I am not sure about. I should check in on her too. I really miss all three of those ladies...so much! And Elaine too. I think once she got her full time teaching job...she just had to focus on making a success of that. Though I am sure she is doing great!

Cherime...SNOW! Glad it is you girlfriend! But truthfully I would expect someone from Alaska to like snow! lol I just finished a nice warm winter scarf for my DIL for Christmas. Hope she likes it. She is a small petite thing that is always cold...so I made it with three different yarns.

Bunny...we would love to see some of your paintings from your class. I am glad that you are enjoying it. I can't draw or paint at all because I can't get any deminsion in the picture or I can't shade correctly...but I love to see what someone does (like you) who has a real artistic eye for detail. I could have painted stick horses and people on cave walls (my natural Indian heritage showing through). LOL

RFM Tammy...I love your plans girl! And I love a woman who doesn't allow herself to just be stuck. Where there is a will there is away. I will continue to pray for you and your kids...this just might be the best thing that has happened to you in a long time. Keep praying, planning and persuing! And we will be eager to hear how it all turns out. Keeping you in our prayers.

Kimberly...I love that you don't want to degrade your husband or allow people to think bad about him. And you have spoken so highly of him in the past...that I don't think any of us could. So don't worry about that. But we are here for you and we do care about your heart and what happens.
Just know that you have sisters pulling for you and your marriage. ~ Glad that your daughter had a wonderful birthday. And three cheers for big brother standing up for his sister.

Dianne...oh my heart goes out to you, your dd and your little grandson Logan. Know that we are praying!!! I can well imagine that you are all scared at the moment.

Wendy...glad that you popped on. Hope you had a good day today. We all need to rally around those who are hurting at the moment, or worried, or have relational problems.
That's why the Porch is such a good place to come to...because we all care.

Penny...glad you popped on to Girlfriend. I would hate to go through a day without your sunshine on here.

Well My Lovelies...can you believe that we have reached page 400 on our posts. Wow...that must be some kind of record!

Well, my body is weary and my brain is in a fog but I think it's time to go curl up with my dog! (she sleeps at the foot of my bed).
Sweet Dreams!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  09:00:18 AM  Show Profile
DEW praying that NOTHING is wrong and those miserable lumps are nothing more than garden variety cysts that can be gone and forgotten.

Bunny, please post your stuff. Remember Grandma Moses wasn't an "artiste" but she was an artist. As for counting. I have a miserable time counting stitches....

Kim, I took the dog out walking at 10 degrees this am. I like the snow but have a hard time walking in it. I can never seem to get boots that fit properly that do not weigh a ton. I hate slogging. I bought some Sorels and paid a mint for them but again not a good fit. I did discover this am that I could take the thin boot liners from another pair that I have that I have a hard time just getting on and put them into the Sorels like socks. I can at least walk in them now. Oh, and by the way, two good people can have a difficult time existing in the same household at times. That does not make either of them bad people. We can rub each other raw sometimes by just being together. People can be really strange occasionally.

Peg, for all your misery is acting up you sound better, lighter spiritually. Blessing all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Stopping briefly to thank a few sweet sisters.
Megan, thanks for the sweet ornament. I hope school is going well for you and that you're enjoying yourself.
Dana, thank you for the teas. They smell great and will be enjoyed.

I have had some major things going on and hope to someday come back, catch up on what everyone's doing and just breathe in the love and peace of the porch.
miss you all and wish you...
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Nov 08 2011 10:06:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  10:34:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I have been missing the porch so much, but I've been very busy with school and rugby (plus I was waiting until I was able to get my ornaments out!) I have definitely been enjoying myself. Rugby was great, and our team won State Championships for the 9th year in a row! I wasn't able to play in the games because of my knee brace, but hopefully I'll be set to play in the spring. School has been really well, I finished the first quarter with a 3.87 GPA (unweighted). I love my teachers, and I'm also really enjoying being on our mass planning team. But I've definitely the Porch:( I'll definitely be making more time for MJF!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  11:15:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody -

Megan - it's so good to hear from you. I'm happy that you are doing so well in school and are busy, even though we miss hearing from you. Keep in touch with us as you can!

Staci - hope all is OK with you; just keep in touch with us and let us know how you are.

We are having a major upheaval here at work, and after 23 years, I'm being demoted to a position I really don't want. At 57, though, I'm too near to retirement to think about leaving and starting over somewhere else. I don't know who would hire me or where I would go, and I can't afford to lose my retirement, insurance, etc. So, good thoughts and prayers from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - hugs to you all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  11:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Well Beloved Porchies it is so great to hop on this morning and find Megan and Staci on the Porch! Yipee so happy to hear from both of you. We are Missing You Soooooo Much!

Megan...if you get my ornament back it is because I have moved. Here is my new address:
Peggy Smith
10612 NE Crest Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98685

I put in a forwarding address but so far I think the Post Office is confused. My son keeps getting my mail at his new address and I am thinking that the old address probably has a ton of my mail there.

Glad that you are busy with school and friends but please try to drop in more. You Keep up us young and relevent! LOL

Staci...life gets crazy sometimes but drop by when you can share what is going on in your life even if it is just once a week and in small spirts of info...so we know you're OK.

Luanne...sorry to hear that your work situation is a bummer at the moment. I don't think I would like being demoted either but if you have years and blood sweat and tears invested in a company...it is hard to just walk away. I will be praying for you! Big hugs coming your way girlfriend! Life isn't fair but God promises to walk us through it in Victory!

Well, off for a little more rest. I will check back later.
Have a blessed day and enjoy what it holds. Look for the little pleasures to brighten your day. If you don't see any...them make them happen!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  1:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Farm Friends...Please know that if you are suffering in any way you are in my daily prayers. I read the Porch Posts but I can't always comment. I think I am the tea person this month, but please be patient with me as life has thrown us a curve ball. We will get through it but right now I cannot think straight, though a cup of tea might help! Does anyone in the tea swap have all the addresses? Are they the same as the ornament swap we're doing? Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  4:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Praise God! Is all I can say. We found out that my Gkid Logan has an infection in a couple of his liph nodes (probably did not spell that right) but no cancer. We were really praying because his other gma. just passed away from some really nasty stuff. We were prayng it was nothing like that.
He is on a really heavey antibiotic. We have to watch for reactions to the antibiotic because it is so strong. He is 5 so getting him to take the stuff is hard enough with out any recations. The Dr. said he should be fine in a couple of weeks. Thank you all for praying for Logan.
I am glad you were there for me to share this with. Shared burdens are easier to bare.
Thank you and big hugs for praying for Logan

Luanne I am sorry that work is treating you that way. I understand the retirement and insurance thig though. I will keep the job situation in my prayers.

There are rocky road brownies on the porch if anyone wants some with there coffee or tea. I was so stressed over my gkid that I made more cnnamon rolls and brownies. MY DH could not make up his mind and I was stressed so I made both. Not that he complained. LOL
Tonight I can just relax and get back to the yo-yos and the scarf I need to finish for Christmas.

Have a wonderful restful time on the porch.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  6:16:00 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, so sorry you are dealing with rotten work stuff. I'm 54 and going back to school to completely start over. I guess all you can do is lay low and hope you can weather the storm until retirement.

Megan, glad to hear from you! As I told Pam, lurking is ok... just a hi every once in a while. And don't stay away just because you didn't get something done.. just let us know. We all know life gets busy and we are big girls and can wait.

Dianne, soooo glad your Gkid is OK. Hate those scares. Thanks for the brownies, I see they are low calorie. :)

Off to play Bunco with my mom's Tuesday night group. I'm a sub. I don't wannna goooo. I want to stay home and vege but I already said I would go.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page