Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  7:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Feeling kind of negative/useless/not worth it tonight....so I'm not that happy. It will pass, but right now, I'm just not "into it"...so I'm not going to say much. I'll be better tomorrow, with any luck. Night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  9:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! BIG french-hug Pam and an x-tra squeezle!The same goes for all of you who are struggling with lifes ups&downs. When you are to the end of your rope, tie a knot and just hang on...help is a comin'! Also Praises to God to all who are celebrating something and are happy! I'm happy for you too!
Amy, where in Ohio did you use to live?
Cherime, I would like to see those Northern Lights just once.
Kimberly, I hear ya about the mean rooster. I had one jump on my shoulder and spur my neck, just missing my juggler, when i was little. Scared my Sister and Mom reeeeal bad! Ya, we ate him! hahaha
So...Peg...ya don't like rats, ya don't like birds...what else??? LOL
You and Bunny are so funny the way you (lovingly) yell at each other to go to bed. ahhhhh....Sisterly Love!!! heehee
Pam, we have a Pamida too. I loved the story of how the man named the store after his 3 sons. PAul-MIchael-DAvid...pretty clever!
I too have been wondering about teacher Tammy and Dana because I send them fwds. and they come back.
Megan...so glad to hear from you!It's been awhile.
Well, now that I'm caught up, maybe I can KEEP up...I hope. Peg's right, as much as we post on here and "over 50's" group, it's hard to catch up if ya miss a couple of days! I'll try though!
Love ya Porchies!
Good-night!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  12:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Dianne from Middletown...I think I have the Tea List..I will look for it tomorrow and try to type it for you. Good to see you on the Porch, we have missed you too! Praying that your life's delimna isn't too terrible. Sometimes it doesn't take much to rock our boat.

Dianne/Dew...so glad that Logan does not have cancer. PTL that is just fabulous news! What a huge relief for all of you!
Thanks for the Brownies...just the chocolate fix I was looking for! lol
I don't cook when I stress, but I do eat or clean or both!!!

Bunny...I have never played Bunko...but I know a lot of gals that really like it. Hope you had fun anyway! Doing something different sometimes turns out to be more fun than you expected it to be.

Pam...sorry for your blue mood tonight girl. Have a brownie...it might help! Sending hugs and prayers for you.

Hi yah Judy...glad to see your smilen face on the Porch tonight! Yes, I do hate rats, no I don't like birds flying at me but I love birds.
You are so funny!

Well, another day of unpacking...the garrage is looking better and some parts of the house are too...but I still have another weeks worth to go. It bums me out that I cannot set up my office and craft area until the LandLady has the new flooring installed...and she is in the middle of a divorce and so...I am not the most important problem on her list. Though we have together picked out the tile together and I like what she has chosen...but who knows how long until she sends some one out to actually install it. Patients...is not my strong suit.

Well, off to finish reading my Bible Lesson and then tomorrow I hope to get it prepared to teach.

More tomorrow My Porchies!
hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  07:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! Took me awhile to get through all the posts since I was last here. We sure are blabbermouths here LOL! Well after the Celtic Festival DH and I came down with a head cold. He is mostly over it and I'm lagging behind so I feel worse. I'm at that point of being so frustrated with someone in this house always being sick. It happens every year once school starts. DD brings home a bug and she's sick and then passes it around to DH and me. Told DH I'm getting ready to attach a fire hose to a bottle of bleach and blast the whole house with it. So right now I'm not too pleasant to be around. I'm getting caught up on my hat orders. I'm supposed to go to a craft event this evening with a friend. Other than that there is not much going on. That's actually a blessing. Who would want to deal with serious stuff when you don't feel good? I'm off to see my BFF Netflix now. Watching lots of 19th-20th century period pieces.

Angela- Hope your little one's toe is feeling better and hope that disc isn't giving you any more grief. With your winter list of chores and holidays, I'd rather be a bear and hibernate and skip it all. I don't know how you do it all.

Peg- I don't have to worry about knitting in a mistake. I like to call them an artistic element. I have ripped out a lot of yarn and usually have a lot cuss words mixed in with the pile of yarn.

Tammy- I hope your house hunting goes well and fast. I know it's hard waiting to take the next step in your life.

Bunny- Glad you are enjoying art class. I have trouble drawing a stick figure. I have no ability in the drawing/painting area.

Megan- So good to hear from you. That's fantastic that your rugby team won state!

Luanne- Sorry about your job position. Will keep you in my prayers.

Dianne Hudson Valley- I hope your curve ball in life isn't too terrible or takes too long to get out of your life.

Dianne DEW- Thank goodness all is well. I'll be happy to eat some brownies.

Judy- I love that! If you're at the end of your rope, just tie a knot and hang on. I'm going to remember that one.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I just want to jump on quick and say hi, please forgive me if I miss anyone. Going to start at page 400 since I'm so far behind...lol

Peggy, I miss you on the over 50 board, sorry I'm been busy and haven't stopped in here as much as I should, working on yo yo's and Christmas in a bag. Also got the Christmas card swap to finish and somewhere in there got to get the barter's mailed out along with Christmas presents made...lol...even with all that I don't think I have been as busy as you have been getting your house in order. I can't wait to see pics when you are finished. I do have a question, have you had a chance to look at the Quilt coloring book yet? I glanced through it and it is very intricate. This was so sweet of you to say "Penny...glad you popped on to Girlfriend. I would hate to go through a day without your sunshine on here." thank you...don't over do it with the house, we don't want you to get yourself down and have to be in bed for days...love ya

MEGAN, so glad to see you popped in to say hi, I've missed you. Glad high school is going well and congrats on the team. You know us Mommy types get alittle worried when we don't hear from ya...so just a quick "hi" and "bye" would be nice every once in a while. Congrats on the GPA, you go girl...I'm so proud of you, keep up the good work.

Chermine, 10degrees, oh my, ooooo not sure if I could stand that, we get a few days like that a year...and I hide inside.

Staci, glad to see you on the board...come back soon.

Luanne, I am so sorry to hear of your troubles at work, I will keep you in my prayers girlfriend. Glad to hear you aren't given up or in to them...

Dianne NY, glad to see you too...hope you are well.

Dianne ID, so glad it is good news about Logan, GOD is good, hope he recovers quickly. Thanks for the brownies, sweets from the sweet

Bunny, what is Bunco? Don't think I have ever heard of it before.

Pam, I am so sorry you are having one of those Blues days...they are so rough, do me a favor please, take a very deep breath, let it out slowly and give me just one smile....thank you! I sure hope tomorrow is better for you...many hugs and warm thoughts coming your way.

Judy, what kind of store is Pamida? and yes love how they got the name, very clever... Rooster's can be so mean, one time when I visited my Momma(I was a police officer at the time) I got out of my car and my little niece was outside playing and I saw the rooster spur her...well I went to my car and got my handgun and heard Momma beg me not to kill it...my sister grabbed it up and hobbled it...after she got finished with him, he never spurred again. I told Momma that if he ever hurt my niece again he was dead meat. You sure were lucky he didn't hit your jugular vein.

Julie, I sure hope you are feeling better...dang head cold.

I'm including a pic of an old fashion stove percolator I found back in the summer at an antique shop. DH has been wanting one. I love it too since it reminds me of my childhood...that's what my Momma used everyday to make coffee. This thing looked pretty bad when I bought it, but spend about 30 min today while the apple pie was baking and scrubbed it till it shined...DH is so happy, says he will use it in the morning for coffee...little things make him so happy, stove coffee pot and an apple pie...lol and the apple pie turned out beautiful and DH said he tasted wonderful...that man is so easy to please(well most of the time...lol)

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! Not a lot of homework tonight, so I'm able to hop on early!
Luanne, Peggy, Julie, Judy, and Bunny, thank you for the 'welcome backs!'
Julie, I hope you feel better soon!
Today was a good day at school. My teachers are trying to get as much as done before Thanksgiving as possible, because December is kind of a gimme month. But, then it'll be Christmas, which is my favorite holiday of the year! Speaking of, it was snowing here today! I was so excited, it was unreal! I know that most people don't enjoy snow, but I think that snow makes winter magical. But, to each their own! Also speaking of Christmas, we're already talking about Immaculate Conception mass for our mass-planning team. I feel like the year is going by too quickly! Is anyone feeling this? I hope everyone has blessed Thursdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  6:17:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, since the move I'll bet you have a nifty cardboard box collection,don't ya.hahaha Scrounge up some patients girlie...don't make me come out there,with a whip&chair,and back you into a corner,like a lion just so the landlady can finish her job! lol
Julie, you made me laugh at the picture of you blasting the inside of the house with a hose and a bottle of bleach. Sounds like something I heard once, about someone who was gonna use a leaf-blower inside the house to dust and blow out the pet hair.hahaha HEY, ya'll could start a business together! hmmmm.....let's see now...what could we name a business like that
You say you can't draw?....whyyyy...I'll bet if you stopped bathing for a week...you could draw knats&flies! There....made you laugh...that's better!
Penny, Pamida is a small department store with just a little of everything....sort of a glorified 5&10 cent store.
Nice percolator! It DO shine! Good work Girlie!
Megan, good to see you again! I love the magical-snow-effect of winter too.
And "YES"...this year has GONE waaaaay too fast!
Man, it's 9 PM and it's really windy out. Slamming the house.It's still 56 too. I think it may rain or storm tonight. The temps are 'spose to drop 20 degrees in the next 24 hours too. There goes our balmy weather. "Bye-Bye"
Well, that's it for me "Chickys."
Callin' it a day!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 09 2011 6:21:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  6:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the well wishes. Judy you have a great sense of humor! I'm feeling better and went to the craft exhibit with my friend. It was put on by a group like the Junior League. I felt a little out of place, but not much, with such hoity-toity women. Ended up seeing 2 other nurses from the hospital I worked at. We only stayed an hour but it was nice to get out. It was in an old victorian home. Very pretty. When I got home I was so excited to see I received my Amigurumi cupcake pattern! I know, you're saying Ami-ha-hoo-what? Here's the wikipedia definition- Amigurumi (#32232;#12415;#12368;#12427;#12415;?, lit. crocheted or knitted stuffed toy) is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.[1] Amigurumi are typically animals, but can include artistic renderings or inanimate objects endowed with anthropomorphic features.[2] Really good ones are very artistic. I wanted the pattern to see if I can enlarge it to hat size. I'll post a pic of the by-the-pattern first one I do.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  7:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Julie, guess I should have read a little more of your post before I stopped to look up that word Amigurumi....lol...but that's me...look before I leap...when I did a search on google they had so many great free patterns...I might have to give it a try someday. Sounds like you had a great evening, good to get out every now and then. At times I wish I had friends around here to do things with, oh well, I don't so can't dwell on it huh?

Judy, girl you make me laugh till I almost tinkle....oooppps...sorry TMI...lol...my percolator do shine..don't it...lol...I miss the old days of 5 & 10 stores...I bet Pamida is a great little store...it is suppose to start getting colder here too...must be coming soon...at least my joints are saying so...

Megan, so good to hear from you again, and yes this year has flown by.

Ok, another request for another prayer. Don't ask me how, but seems I have a disk or something in my back that is acting up...haven't done anything to cause it except planted garlic, horseradish and onions Monday...but didn't do strain or anything. So not sure what is going on. The spot is very tender to the touch and very hot if you touch it too...so now what are your suggestions for it...I just don't know what to do..DH said he can see that it is a little swollen. Any suggestions would be welcome...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  7:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
This is Madame Butterfly aka Teacher Tammy...who has been from the porch for a while...but there hasn't been a day I haven't thought of yall and how much i have missed you. Life has been a tad busy lately with my little butteflies, going to activities for my twins...sheesh...I forgot how busy high school can be..., family time.... oh I would have to write a book.. I finally had some time tonight to sit and catch up.

We are still looking for a house closer to work and family. This driving takes a lot of time and gas. We have looked at two acreages...one is not the one God has in mind and the other is tad expensive...but I have given it to God. I know that right now I must just accept that my van and I are best friends and do what I have to do.

My little butterflies...oh my goodness...they are a crack up. We had grandparents day last week. It was the first time my own children weren't there and so no grandparents there for my family. One little butterfly said Mrs. Schroeder I will adopt you today. You can be in our family and be loved and use my grandma. I thought oh my goodness how sweet is that. I just love them. School is very busy right now too. Somedays I am fast forward right now.

Thanks for the tea Dana. It was delicious. I am praying for all of you with special requests.

Miss Peggy so glad you are in your new home. What you reading these days.

Judy, I have not gotten any of your emial...but I do have a different email so that could be why or it could be that cyperspace has misplaced all my email..hehehe maybe a neon sign would help it find its way

well ladies I love you all, and hopefully now I will settle down and get here for tea more often. I left you some banana bread and some chocolate rose tea. I hope you know I left you big group hug too.

love ya lots and hugs and all that stuff
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  02:30:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...Oh, My Goodness, I feel like it is Old Home Week on the Porch this week. I love it...when those we miss come back about the time we are ready to send out the Search and Rescue Team. LOL

Teacher Tammy...my I have missed you girl! I was just sippen on a cuppa Chocolate Mint tea when I hopped on the Boards tonight and it reminded me of you and I thought I have to check on her this weekend! Yeah, now I don't have to cuz you're back! Awesome!
I am reading a youth read right now...called Laviathan. It is a steamer punk series that takes place in London. Have you heard of it? There are two more books to the series after this one. My Book club is reading this together. So far I am really enjoying it. ~ How about you, what are you reading? WELCOME BACK! And big hugs right back at you!

Judy, Judy, Judy....your are crazy, crazy, crazy. Lol Yes, I have a very nice collection of boxes...do you need any? *wink*
I found out tonight that I can go ahead and set up my office and craft space because the landlady can make no improvements on her rentals that cost more than $250.00 while she is in the middle of this divorce. Since it is a fairly nasty divorce...I decided I would just set up my office and when all is hashed out between them and their attorneys, then we will deal with the new flooring.

Penny...what a beautiful old coffee pot. You did it proud girl...it looks brand new (OLD) lol.
I went to an antique store today with hubby (his day off) and I found some fun vintage Christmas stuff for several of my swaps.
I also found a picture that I couldn't live without. It was very Victorian and only $15.00. I will post a picture of it tonight or tomorrow.

Good grief...I just looked at the time and it is almost 2:30. I bet even Bunny is in bed by now...so, she can't even chew me out for staying up too late. LOL

I have to go to bed.
Sorry, I missed some of you.

Love and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  07:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Penny- It sounds like you did something to your back due to repetitive motion. I had a disc pain a couple of weeks ago. Looked it up and it seems the disc is like a jelly donut. The donut part starts to deteriorate as we get older and sometimes the jelly can start moving and that gives us the pain. I used a heating pad to make mine feel better, but if yours is warm to the touch I would use cold/ice to reduce inflammation.

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  07:59:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Peggy I wish I would clean when I am stressed. I clean really well when I am angry. If you looked at my house you would know I have not been angry lattly. LOL I admire all your energy
for unpacking. We have been in this house since April and I still have boxes. I think because I know it is not permenant. We are looking for that piece of land in the country.
So the need to unpack is just not there.

Pam I am sorry you are feeling down. Have a brownie and sit a while. Sometimes I go through those days I just don't want to do anything.:( You are right through they do pass.
I will keep you in my prayers that this passes fast.

Penny are you still looking for a simple crochet scarf pattern? I talked with my friend and she gave me one and is looking through her books for more. I will keep you in my prayer girl.
I have not had a disc act up but know people who have. Painfull!!! Take it easy.

Megan I am with you on the snow. I love the snow. I told my DH that I was moving farther north just so I could have more snow. He laughed because he knows I don't like cold.
He does not know how serious I am. He should by now every place we look at property is farther north! That man can be kind of slow on the up take sometimes. :) LOL

Judy you make me laugh! I love to read your posts they are the sunshine on a cloudy day. Thank You

Julie you are so talented. I would not even atempt the word let alone inlarge a picture to see if I could make. Can't wait for the pic's

Teacher Tammy nice to meet you and thanks for the banana bread and tea. I love banana bread!

I have had a wonderful morning on the porch with all of you. We are sapose to get snow or rain this weekend. I'm praying for snow. You would think I was a skier or snowboarder the way I keep askin for snow.
LOl Maybe I will try one or the other this year. My kids keep trying to get me to snowboard with them. I can't stand on a skate board how do they expect me to stand on a snowboard? My kids always
think mom can do anything. I am old enough now to know better than that, but still young enough to give it a try anyway! LOL

Enjoy the day ladies. God has made it just for you :)

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  08:54:46 AM  Show Profile
It did go down to -1 on Tuesday at about 4:30 am took the dog for a walk anyway just a sorter one than usual. The temp is back up to about 21above and we are getting dumped on. I really wish that would stop but think we are getting the edge of that big storm that is wholloping the west coast of AK. I have five roofs to contend with, two can be roofed raked, one I can do nothing about and the last ones have to be done by hand, crawl out on them type of thing. I can get my son to do one of them but the last one is 20 feet up and in God's hands.
Fresh apple turnovers on the porch. Hugs all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  08:55:57 AM  Show Profile
BTW praying for all on here. Blessings

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  08:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! Madame Tammy, so nice to see you back! Megan it's great to see you back too!

The weather last night was blustery to say the least! Felt like Pooh on a blustery day LOL. It was a night to stay curled up in front of a fireplace if you have one. Since I don't, I made myself some mexican hot chocolate and added a couple splashes of Irish Cream to it - oh yah it was some seriously yummy and warming. This afternoon they're predicting rain or possibly scattered snow flurries depending on what the temperature does. Not sure I'm ready for the white stuff yet.

I was needing the alcohol to help relax a bit last night. It's been a bit stressful. I haven't been able to see my son this week because of all this stupidity (he leaves tomorrow) and I've heard about enough "I, I, I, me, me, me ...." bs to last a lifetime from the cause. My hopes that I'd be able to get out soon are quickly disappearing. My son isn't sure what he wants to do, move in with us or find somebody else to live with or what. My youngest dd is going to join the Army and wants to leave as soon as possible so I can't count on her to help for any length of time. Better to find out these issues now though instead of moving in together and then finding out and not being able to make rent because of it. I found a one bedroom apartment that looked cute but under 600 sq/ft and possibly affordable on what I'm making with only 30 hr/wk, but I still need to come up with the deposit and first month's rent plus money to move. I also need to find out if they'll allow both dogs. It's a HUGE hurdle and makes me want to smack people with pets that don't train them and cause problems for those of us that do. The doors will eventually open though. Tax return time isn't that far away. I did apply for a medical transcription position yesterday although with being out of the field for the past five years I doubt I'll hear anything but one never knows. Target turned me down so that was a bummer. DD says I'm over qualified.

Tonight the kids and I are going out for Mexican food so I'm looking forward to it. They make their chicken tortilla soup in crocks with melted cheese over them like french onion soup. Delish and will be warming in this damp weather we're having.

I made some brownies last night and added about a cup of those yummy Andes chips to them and then sprinkled them with powdered sugar. Yummy so everybody enjoy! I may make another batch tonight to send with my son tomorrow when he leaves to go back to Afghanistan :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  09:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning Porchies,
Hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Tammy NE, I really have missed your stories of your little butterflies...you sound like you have some really sweet little ones. Isn't it so sweet that they didn't want you to be left out...I think it is amazing that they would think of their TEACHER also...You are truly blessed. thanks for the banana bread and the tea sounds wonderful, I have never heard or ever seen choc. rose tea.

Peggy, thanks we love the coffee pot, we made coffee in it this morning an DH loved it..he says it was so much better than even the Bunn...lol..you were up till 2:30, I was up till 4 then got up at 6:30. This back is tough. I'm reading books by Beverly Lewis, the Rose Trilogy, I'm on the 1st one "The Thorn and also have "The Judgement" the last one should be at the library soon, The are about the Amish and are pretty good.

Julie, I have tried heat, not helping, so going to try ice...oh I hate cold...lol...but got to get this thing better. Thank you for the information

Dianne ID, I clean when I'm upset or angry too...lol... Yes I am still looking for a crochet pattern, thank you so much for finding one for me....so sweet of you. I would love to learn to snow ski, was talking to my step daughter about it on DH birthday and she said she would love for us all to go...she knows I don't do many things that DH can't do because don't like for him to be left out but he said it would be ok with him, he would enjoy staying in the lodge while I learn...he is so sweet. I'm with you....old enough to know better, but young enough to try...lol...

Look what was in my front yard this morning, even with the cold nights in the 30's

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  09:40:31 AM  Show Profile

Here is My Victorian Picture I bought yesterday! I guess at one time the clock
actually had a working Mechanism in it...I could tell from the back of the picture.
Might have to keep my eye out for one...would have to be pretty small though.

Penny...so sorry about your back dear heart! Pain is never fun but I think God often uses it to get our attention and make us slow down a bit from all our busyness. But take that pain of yours and visualize it going all over your whole body and that is what a Fibro flare feels like. Not fun...so I can definately relate. I wish you~ nor anyone else pain of any kind...but I have learned to trust God more with my chronic pain and He has taught me ways to cope and live with it, that I never thought possible. It is amazing what the body can endure when it must.
I have never read that Rose Series...though I know exactly what books you are talking about. Please let me know if you like them. I love christian fiction too and I love stories about The Amish. I read a lot of different genre's but christian fiction is my favorite. And I could highly recommend some seriously awesome books to you, once you need a new read. Teacher Tammy is another one who loves to read and also Theresa Adkins (by the way another Porchie MIA) has recommended some good ones.
Funny you mentioned the Quilt coloring book because I need to find it. I am down to my last few boxes and wanted to find that one because my Grand-daughter will be here this wknd and while she colors....so will grandmama...in my wonderful new quilting color book. *smile*
Your finding that Yellow Rose in your yard this time of year...is what I call a God Wink! When God blesses you with the unexpected and it just brightens your day. That is how I feel about heart shaped rocks that I find, or leaves that are heart shaped etc. I have a potted fuschia outside right now that is still blooming.
God Wink! Somebody forgot to tell that plant that it is too cold and the wrong time of the year to still be blooming. *smile* But oh, how pretty it looks out there! The only color out there besides green and brown. LOL

RFM Tammy...don't give up girl...it will all happen just like it is suppose to, but I agree, it is better to find out NOW who is in and who is out...on the move situation. Keep planning! Keep praying! Keep preparing!

Cherime...glad to see you pop on this morning. Are you digging yourself out of snow? Do you live close to where the major snow storm hit yesterday in Alaska?

I do not like cold weather as you all know...but I do love to watch it snow. I like the kind where it looks like you are in a snow-globe and the snow is just swirling and coming down in big giant lazy falling flakes! There is nothing prettier!

Pam...hope you are feeling less blue, today and you are right..."Enjoy this day...God made it just for YOU!"
Isn't He wonderful? If He had a refrigerator he'd have your
picture on it!

Off to get something done. Catch ya later my lovelies....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 10 2011 09:52:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  2:09:28 PM  Show Profile
Julie, glad you got out for a bit. Just ignore the "hoity-toity's and make it a great time just for YOU!!!
Penny. I loved the rose pic. Thanks for sharing!
I have a white Christmas cactus that has 12 buds on it and 1 of them is opening. Isn't that exciting?
I so wish we lived closer. I don't have any friends left since they wer all older women and are gone now. I think we could tear-up-the-town somethin'
awful!Don't you? heeheehee
Back troubles huh? Drag out that bag-o-peas that no one wants to eat anyhow, and put'em on there, then a heating pad, then ice...er...peas again,alternating every 5 minutes each for about half an hour. It's amazing how good it will feel. I hate the cold part too, but my Chior. told me to do that for my on-going lower lumbar problem...that and liniment and Ibuprofen. Gets me thru those awful flare-ups.
I love janette Oak, Bev Lewis, just about all Christian fiction too.
I too would like to learn cross-country skiing, even though I'm 56. I could just see us 2...no, wait...we need Dianne(ID) too...*giggle*...us 3 "Maxine-Type" women with farmgirl attitude creating a ruckus on the slopes for some poor, young, unsuspecting instructor....Couldn't you? ~~weeeeeeeeeeeee~~ hahahahahaha
TeaLadyTammy,Welcome back Girlie, we've all missed you! I'm sitting here drinking Choc/hazelnut tea and thinking of you. I found 2 new teas in our grocery/by Stash:choc/hazelnut&choc/mint. Both very tasty.I haven't heard of choc/rose.hmmmm I love it when younguns say such sweet things. Ya just wanna grab'em up and Sqwish'em til they giggle!
Cherime, that's a lot of snow to deal with. I always pray whenever we get lots of snow or wind. These old(92y.o)houses amaze me,just how much they can take. Ice storms scare me the most.This may be the year for us to have a few of those too. UGH!!!
We had such high winds last night that I had to use ear-plugs to sleep. I never thought to make myself a warm blackberry brandy. Duh!! What was I thinking?
oh....oh....Bob Seger-Old Time Rock'n Roll just came on the rasio.....be right back...can't miss a chance like that to dance and be silly.................
Ok.....I'm back....whew....I take after my Mama....can't miss a chance to Boogie...I'm all over it! Shakes out the kinks and the boo-hoo blues!!!haha
Peg, I loved the saying,"If God had a refrigerator, He'd have your picture on it!" So sweet!
Well gotta go do something or the Boss-Man will fire me when he comes home. *giggle*
Later-Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:25:46 PM  Show Profile
O.k. ladies here's the Amigurumi cupcake.

It's my new little pin cushion. The sprinkles are pins. I'm hoping to take one part of this and mix it with another part from a different cupcake pattern and make a new "frankenstein" cupcake creation. Not really Frankenstein, but just mixing parts together.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:42:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey you sweet ones,
can you believe it I have made it to the porch two nights in a row...hehehe
Thanks for the hugs and welcome backs.
I am sure glad we have not been hit yet with the snow...but I am sure been praying for those who have.

Peggy I have not heard of that book. Right now I am reading a book ..sheesh can't remember the name...but anyway I have digressed here...anyway it is about a lady and how she waited for her love after the war in 1941. Her sweet one went to war shortly after the war and it is their love story when they were apart. It is good I haven't been able to put it down. I will have to look on my nook and see the name. I just downloaded another pride and prejudice sequel too. I love Miss Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.

Farmdream...that is just the cutest little pin cushion I have ever seen.

Judy cyber mail directed your email to my box today. My big purple neon signs must have helped.

Hello to all the new ladies so glad you are here. I look forward to getting down on the rockers and having some chat time to get to know you.

Penny I have more stories about my little butterflies...will have to share more. they are just hte sweetest things most days...but they do have their moments.

Well ladies, madame buttefly's wings are worn out. So i left you some apricot tea and some scones tonight. enjoy.

love you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:10:09 PM  Show Profile
Well, aren't we a busy bunch of porchies lately. I can't believe all the messages since my last lurk.
Penny, Bunco is a dice game played with 12 people, 3 tables and 3 dice. You play 5 or 6 games starting at 1's. so each person rolls the dice to see if they get a 1. If you don't get any, you pass the dice to the next person and they try. If you get a 1 on any of the dice you count them and keep rolling until you don't get any. After the "head table" gets 21 points they ring a bell and the game is over. The losers move to the next table and you try to roll 2's. this goes on until the 6's and then you start a new game again with trying to roll 1's. It is pretty mindless fun. At the end of the night there are prizes for getting the most wins, most losses Etc. Anyway, my mom belongs to two different groups and I'm a sub. If they don't have 12 available players they call me. It has been nice way to meet people in town.

Tammy I'm sad to hear your plans have changed. I was hoping you could be a happy family again with your kids. But I know you'll figure it out. I would love to have a place of my own. I understand about the dogs though. I have 4 cats and no way am I going to find any landlord willing to let me have them all. I have a plan eventually to move but I'm stuck here for a few years until I have a degree and can get a job earning enough money to rent a small house. I could probably figure out the cat issues by then. I know my little twinkle will probably be hunting mice for God by then.

Teacher Tammy, so glad to have you back. It is always nice to hear your butterfly stories.

Julie, cute cupcake. You are so talented to be able to read the directions. That is truly a gift. I have such a hard time.

Cherime,, burrrrrrr, what the heck. Sounds like it is a bit on the cold side up there. I know you guys are getting hit by a pretty mean storm. Stay warm. I hope your dog has booties to keep feet from sticking to the ground!

Judy, it doesn't matter what you say, it is just fun to see you say it. You are such a character. I bet we would have to wear our Depends around you we would laugh so much. Thank you for being YOU!

Well, mom took me to dinner and I had a BIG margarita. Having a time typing if I do say so myself. Work was ..... interesting to say the least. I truly won't go into details other than it was about poop on my shoes (hope I can say that here)and being stuck in the bathroom until I could get the "appropriate" person to help clean up. Ya know haze-mat safety at work and all. Love those public restrooms at work. Just spent 2 days in orientation watching safety and loss prevention videos. Still don't know when I'm on the schedule but I'm a union girl now!

Ok, margarita kicking in too much... got to veg in front of TV now. Later everyone. Sleep well.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Evening ladies,

Tammy MI, I guess we posted at the same time...I am so sorry you are still going through so much..glad you are sharing the brownies with us, but make sure your DS takes what is left of the first batch and all the second batch with him...that other male doesn't deserve your good cooking...make him take care of himself...I don't know about you but when people act like he is, doesn't make me want to do anything for them...cook, clean, wash clothes, NOTHING...might not be the right attitude I know but sure would make me feel some better, and at least I could control that if I couldn't control anything else at that time. My prayers are with you and your son as he travels back overseas. Also please tell your son thank you again for me before he leaves...and I really appreciate his service.

Peggy, I can't wait to hear what books you recommend. Now that I have my library card I can find most of them(I hope), I got one of MJF books Maryjane's Outpost and am reading it and the library emailed me today to let me know that one of the other's I requested, MaryJane's ideabook, cookbook, lifebook is in, so I can't wait to go get it...the library is 10 miles away and closed tomorrow so will have to wait for Sat or Mon. I love your picture...some how I think it suits you...lol... I'm so glad you are going to get to color with your GD...that is so cool...and glad you will get a chance to use the quilt coloring book. I love what you said about my rose "God Wink" that is perfect. It has turned so cold here already tonight so I am glad I cut it and brought it inside. I really hate know that you suffer so much...I really wish there was something the Dr could do to help you more...my prayers are with you Girlfriend.

Judy, I love Christmas cactus' but have never seen a white one before...I bet it is beautiful. I am with you, I wish we lived closer too...I think we would be the best of friends and would drive DH's crazy with our silliness. I started with the ice for my back, (dang didn't have them darn peas) and going to do heat in a bit. Thank you for the advice...should have read this earlier today...lol I love, love, love this statement "I too would like to learn cross-country skiing, even though I'm 56. I could just see us 2...no, wait...we need Dianne(ID) too...*giggle*...us 3 "Maxine-Type" women with farmgirl attitude creating a ruckus on the slopes for some poor, young, unsuspecting instructor....Couldn't you? ~~weeeeeeeeeeeee~~ hahahahahaha" and I agree completely with you...<giggle> Yep, you are my kind of girl, up and dancing anytime, anywhere, I do that too...DH walks in on me sometimes and just shakes his head and walks out....but after the dance I feel better. Wish I could dance right now...the blues are hanging round cause of this stupid back...and the scatic never on my right side is starting to act up too.

Julie, that cupcakes is adorable....you got talent girl....you goooooo!!!!!

Tammy NE, you know I don't think I have ever had a scone before, strange too...would have thought I would have...but then again, might have and don't remember...lol..you know CRS...lol I can't wait to hear more stories of the little butterflies after you get some rest.

I'm going to try to go to bed soon...back hurt last night so much could hardly lay down so climbed into bed at 4 and up at 6:30, had planned on a nap today but DH wanted me to help him put the venison roast on, you know cut up all the goodies and crack the black peppercorns. He was going to use my stoneware for the first time so he wanted me there..lol..We let it cook for 5 hours(now this is his recipe not mine) on 250 degrees. He added other stuff to it also, anyway we weren't planning on eating it tonight anyway, but after it cooled alittle bit I opened it up before placing it in the fridge and tasted it...oh my goodness, it was amazing...I even came back to the bedroom and woke DH(he goes to bed early and I'm a night owl) so I could tell him how wonderful it was. Tomorrow we are going to add more carrots and onions along with potatoes(didn't put potatoes in at all yet), then I'm making mashed potatoes DH favorite, sweet peas and maybe mac and cheese. I know, I know you are wondering why make mash potatoes if I am putting them in the roast when I am heating it up...well the potatoes that are going in the roast will make Sat or Sun. supper. Venison stew......and mash potatoes for tomorrows supper... Anyway hope everyone has a great evening and a great Vet. Day tomorrow...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Nov 10 2011 10:21:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  9:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Dang Bunny, just looked to make sure my post was here and there you are, what is going on today, seems like every time I post someone else is too. Thanks for explaining the game to me....sorry you had a rough day at work...hope things are better for your next day.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  9:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Well My Lovely Porchies...we are just chatty cathy's tonight aren't we? Love it!! :+)

Well I ended up spending most of the day in bed because of my fibro...rain tomorrow here...kicks up the pain level. Then I got up and took a really hot shower (which helps) and got everything ready for my Bible Study Girls to come tonight. We had a great time in my new house and I got a lot of compliments on my decorating abilities. Usually I never host my Bible Study Group because as the Leader I have enough to do with the preperations of the study...that I don't want to have to clean house on top of it. But since my house is all freshly moved in to I thought now would be the perfect time to have them over. Our lesson was really great and our fellowship time sweet. Wish you all lived here and could join my little flock of Wonderful sheep.

Judy...you and Penny would get into way too much trouble together. I can see it now. You better hope that Bunny can get you a discount on those depends. Ha Ha!

Hubby just got home
I will come back later.
Hugs, Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page