Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  10:33:47 PM  Show Profile
Wow sure is busy here! Nice to see everyone back that has been MIA for a few days/weeks.

RFM Tammy - I'll be praying for you that things get a bit better so that it's not so terrible for you at home :(. That makes me sad that people think they can treat others so awfully. {{Hugs & prayers for you}} that everything works out & you can move sometime soon!

Penny, that is a beautiful rose. Yellow roses were my Grandma's favorite :).

Peggy, that clock/picture is wonderful!

Julie, I love that "cupcake" - looks amazing! I think next year I'm going to attempt a few more crocheted items.

Penny, I hope you're able to sleep & the pain goes away soon! Glad to hear your roast turned out good :). I don't like our venison (too wild tasting, or it was when we were kids!), but when I had deer & moose in NS, it was wonderful! So much more milder. Makes me want to get meat from out there, but it's a little unrealistic :s.

Peggy, I hope your fibro stops acting up. I'm so happy for you that you got to have your Bible Study Group in your home tonight (last night?). It's nice to have a clean, organized home.

It's been a busy week, with meetings/outings every night this week. And my mom, sister & niece are coming to visit for the weekend, so I gotta get ready for that. Which means that I should be going to bed soon, since it's 12:30 here - way past my bedtime! But I've been up doing some do-ahead posts for NaBloPoMo 2011 (National Blog Posting Month) b/c I'm sure there are days that I won't be able to. And I was on a roll, so I figured why not. Very happy that it's a 3-day weekend, due to Remembrance Day. I went to an informal Christian motivational speaker tonight at a local coffee house & she had some very insightful, food for thought verses & scripture & topics to talk about. At the end, she gave us all little glasses with hearts & Matthew 5:8 on them, to remind us to be clear & pure for God. Still trying to pick a piece of scripture to memorize for my Ebenezer group. Gotta get on that so I can actually get it memorized before our next meeting :).

Ok, dear ladies, I think I'm off to bed now. Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  05:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Girls! I just don't get to hang out like I used to. We are sealing up the unfinished part of the upstairs for the winter so maybe I'll have more time.

Dana~ Thank you for the tea!!

I tell you what gals I had the best time last weekend! Last Saturday was my friend's b-day and she asked me to come celebrate with her and the girls. Well it was supposed to be girls night, but it turned into kinda a couple's night with me tagging along. LOL So we had the b-day girl and her hubby (works out of town a lot and came in just for her b-day so we let him come haha) and then we had his oldest daughter, then me and my friend's neighbor and her hubby. You know some people are really uncomfortable being the third wheel, but I rather enjoy it. LOL So first we went to dinner, then go kart riding (haven't been since I was 6 years old - talk about fun!) and then we went and played unlimited mini golf till we closed the place down. I haven't had that much fun or laughed that hard in a long time. It was great! And it was fairly cheap too. The most expensive thing was dinner.

Hope you all are doing well. Lots of hugs and prayers.
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:02:57 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

I hope your day is going well. It is sunny but calling for clouds all weekend. Snow or rain on Monday. .
They keep moving the snow further and further into the week.

Cherime You can send some of that snow my way. The weatherman keeps talking about it but I am not seeing it.

Tammy thanks for the brownies they sound wonderful. I love Andies mints.

Penny I am jealouse you have a rose. My roses are all gone and hibernating. I love when they are in bloom. So pretty and smells so good.
I have your email so I willsend out the one she sent me. She is still looking. The problem is, she does so much that what is simple to her
is not to the rest of us. LOL I'll weed through them for you.

Judy count me in girl. When and where do we want to give the poor instructer a hard time? LOL I hope he is cute so we can make him blush. LOL

I will drop by later Fridays are always crazy for me. I didn't get through all the post but I will.
Love ya all

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  11:52:34 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies. I had so much planned to do today and none of it's getting done - guess that's the good thing about having a holiday off though :O) Dropped my son off at the airport about 8 this morning, came home and since I was falling asleep on the couch I decided to take a nap. The nap ended up being nearly 3 hours! Now I've got that foggy head syndrome from sleeping so much which combined with a sinus-y feeling which is making me just want to go back to bed and maybe take a pot of that yummy mexican hot chocolate,the last of the brownies, and a good book with me and just stay there. This is one of those weekends I wish I had a cabin or something where I could just leave and get my head cleared a bit.

The plan was for my girlfriend and I to get together this afternoon and hang out a bit but she didn't call until right before I woke up and basically had to cancel. Her daughter got hit in the head last week at preschool by another kid's elbow while playing in the leaves and the doctor said she had something like an epileptic seizure where she passed out and quit breathing. This morning she fell while running and hit her head on the floor so the preschool was demanding they come pick her up even though nothing happened this time. The doctor's told her that she has a very sensitive brain and this could happen any time something happens to her head. I can't imagine having my kid fall and quit breathing. Kids fall constantly at this age. Pretty scary. She said her older daughter was like that until she turned 2 and then it just stopped. Her youngest is just starting at 4.

Penny - totally agree with you about not doing things for people when they act like this. His clean laundry has been sitting in a basket on the bedroom floor all week. I'm not folding it for him. I'm really having problems getting motivated to think about supper tonight to. I was so proud of my son last night though - when we got back from dinner last night he insisted he needed to come in and look around again to make sure he hadn't forgotten everything (he'd looked around before we went out for supper). I'd been trying to avoid him having to see the man again but he thought otherwise and shook the man's hand before leaving. Shows who the bigger man is!

Cross country skiing? I've been wanting to learn for a couple years now! Can I come and be an honorary Maxine since I'm not quite there age wise yet? Ever since I saw an article on skijoring I've wanted to learn. Skijoring is where you wear a belt with a rope on it that connects to your dog or dogs and they help pull you. One of the top teams is a border collie team which is what caught my attention. Great way to exercise those energy packed pups in the winter lol. Unfortunately I don't know how to cross country ski yet to be able to do it.

Julie - that cupcake pincushion is soooo cute! Where do you get patterns like that? That would be so cool to do for a swap if I get back into those again.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  11:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to be a downer but I'm so homesick today. Not that there is a home to go to anymore.. Just feeling so not where I want to be. This job scares me. I have never been a corporate let's be a happy team employee before. After 2 days of orientation I see what the real climate is and hoping I can stay below the storm. The communication is terrible. I have no idea when I will work. I was never introduced to the area I would be working in, what hours or days I could expect. I wasn't on the schedule when I left yesterday and have no idea what to do or how to plan the next few weeks. I plan on calling in next week to check in.. but really don't have a good feeling with how this is going. At least I know I'll only work a max of 24 hours a week. I'm just not available for more due to school. I would rather quit than mess with that. But I miss my mountain home and friends back in California really bad. I can't seem to find a norm here. I don't have anyone else to talk to. I don't want to make them feel helpless for me. My kids don't need to know how sad I get, and my old friends want to know I'm happy and doing well. So I lie and make everything sound great. But I just don't feel it today. The only thing that keeps me going is telling myself I'm doing something to change all this. It will get better. It's just going to take a few years. Hopefully they will fly by.

Sorry...glad you are all here anyway.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  12:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, so sorry to hear that you are feeling so dejected. I will not tell you to cheer up however, go ahead and get some of that misery out. It gets a bit lonely here sometimes without DH to share with. But God is always willing to listen to my moaning and groaning. Good thing.

I am a ways away from the really nasty part of the storm but think that we got in on a bit of the outside edge of it.

Hey Peg, sounds like the perfect time to play host to me.

Tammy, praying for those doors to open and all things that need to be revealed to come forth.

Penny what a lovely surprise. Take care of yourself and blessings on that back, may it come into alignment with God’s blueprint that the originally laid out for you.

Judy, yeah I do a lot of praying and calling for carpenter angels when it gets really windy. I don’t want to snow rake but may have to do so. Waiting to see if the temp comes up a bit. It’s too cold for me to work outside right now.

Julie, that is so cute. Really adorable.

Melanie, it is always nice to have a really great time. Makes for such wonderful deep feelings of joy.

DEW I would be happy to send some of this over your way. At least half of what is on the roof.

Later ladies and blessings. It is now cold in my office and it makes it had to sit in here at the computer.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  2:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Wow I made it back. I am so glad it is Friday.:) Now where did I leave off? Oh yea the cupcake thing I can't pronounce.

Julie that is soooo pretty. It looks small. I thought it would be bigger. I don't know why I thought that, I just did.It is really neat.

Penny You are in my prayers girl. My scatic acts up every now and then and all I want to do is cry. With that and your back giving you problems
I can understand why the blues are hanging around. Put on some good music, no dancing, just singing. That usually helps me kick the blues.
Venison roast! You are making me hungry just reading about it.

Tammy (MI) I hear you on the cabin. There are days I just want to curl up on the couch in front of the fire place and read in my nice cozy cabin.
I bet you are so proud of your son. You did a good job raising him.
I am in for the cross country sking. I think the idea of the dogs pulling me sounds great. Kind of like dog sleading with out the sled. LOL

Bunny I am sorry the job is not what you were hoping for. Hang in there It may get better. I will keep you in my prayers. Your in the Dalles thats only a 6 hour drive from my house.
How well do you know the area? I love it when we get up there. It is bueatiful.You know you can always talk to us. We are here for you with love and hugs.

Cherime I will take it. I love the snow!! I was in Alaska a couple of years ago. We landed in Anchorage. I think everything lands there. Then on to Nome. I have not heard from our friends in Nome
but have been praying for them. From what I have heard they got hammered.

I need to get off of here now that I have cought up. LOL Is anyone ever cought up? I have a wonderful tea I picked up when I was in Rock Springs WY. visiting my brother and SIL. It looks like a good
day to brew a pot. Matbe I will look into cross country ski lessons!?!:)

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:25:14 PM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy- Sounds like some well deserved rest for you. As for patterns, I'm usually looking for something else and that's what Google gives me.

Bunny- Don't get too down. This is your life and you are striking out in a new direction. It's just the rest of the world hasn't caught up yet to what you're doing. While the work game isn't fun, you'll learn all the right things to say and do. It's still just a job. And it's temporary. You'll finish school and move on to better things.

Dianne DEW-Yes, the cupcake is small. Pretty much the size of a real cupcake. My ambition is to enlarge it to the size of a hat. I had to make the small version first to understand how to turn the pattern into a hat sized version. I haven't tried it yet and won't have time till next week. I'll post pics when I do.

Well, Ladies, I'm off for the weekend. Have to go to work. Hope you all have a great weekend!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  8:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, it's not that the job was not what I hoped for.. I haven't even started yet. It is so far out of my comfort zone. I have had so little communication as to what is expected of me. I still don't know much of anything. I'm kind of a control freak and hate it when I don't have all the information.

I'm feeling a bit better tonight. Most days are good. I guess I'm just hoping with the job I will be able to keep my grades up, my work up and still feel sane. I have fibro like Peggy, although not as bad. It crops up and hits me like train and then goes away for a while. I guess I'm a bit worried being on my feet for 8 hours will wear me down to the point I may not be able to hold up.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  9:59:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody!
Bunny, I'm sorry that things are hard for you. We can be your home here on the porch!
Julie, the pin cushion is adorable!
Penny, thank you so much! I've missed coming on here, too! Prayers sent for your back! I hope it doesn't get too serious.
Tea Lady Tammy, I'm glad that your little butterflies are doing well! And that you're doing well! And yes, high school definitely is very busy. I know what you're going through with that:)
Peggy, I'm glad that we're all coming back to the porch, too! And that clock is pretty cool, too! I've never seen a picture like that where it used to have a working mechanism on it! I have seen a clock puzzle like that, though. Pretty fun things we can find these days! And I hope your fibro pain gets better, especially with winter coming.
Idaho Dianne, I absolutely love the snow! My Mom hates it, so she always jokes about how I better go south for college otherwise she'll never visit me! I love summer, but I need my snow.
Cherime, it seems like it's too early to be in the negatives already. But you do live in Alaska! Sometimes I wish I could get snow without the cold!
RFM Tammy, thanks! I'm sending prayers that your family problems clear up soon.
Judy, you are silly, I love it!
Pam, I know what it feels like to be busy busy everyday. I hope you get a break soon.
Melanie, I'm glad you had a good time with your friend. Mini golf can definitely be a good time!
Today was so slow at school! I felt like it would never end! But it did, and now it's the weekend. I'm doing service tomorrow, then I'm going to help my Mom outside with some stuff. This'll probably be our last chance to do outside work before it gets to start snowing. The way my Mom's new schedule works is she works 7 nights, then is off for a week. It's nice when she's off, but when she works if she gets called every night all night it's definitely tiring. Then on Sunday I'm going to a friend's volleyball game and then off to my aunt's house for a family dinner/celebration of my Nana's 61st birthday!
On a side note, our traditional Christmas station here has started playing Christmas music! Now, I know some may find this disgusting or annoying, but I love it! If I could, I would listen to Christmas music all year round! It's just such a magical time of year!
I hope everyone has a super Saturday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  7:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! I've had a couple of fun (and tiring) days with my Mama. She wanted to buy a recliner, but wasn't sure what she wanted.So the search was on. She's 83, 4'-11",her feet never touch the floor in any chair,and she had(X)amount of dollars in her budget. Sooooo....we finally found one at J.C.Penny's. Now she's chomping at the bit because they can't deliver it until the 22nd. So anyhoo...that's over and I did my part. So today I went and got her and we went to 2 craft shows , the 2nd of which ended up turning into a historical tour in an old 1840 house. The craft show wasn't much to see(there were 3 craft shows in the area), so we thoroughly enjoyed the personal tour.We asked lots of questions and really enjoyed it.Then around 3PM we went to eat.She hadn't eaten breakfast...again! This is an ongoing problem *sigh* Why do the elderly think they can get thru a day air and 1 banana or air and 1 square of chocolate and 6 raisins? *shaking head*
Then we went to the grocery store, and right before we had to leave, she suddenly has stomach pains.Really? Do tell why?/! I told her later that "you need to eat toast or something more substancial when we are going out for the day. You'd never sent us to school on an empty stomach and you shouldn't do it to herself either." She didn't answer.
I could just scream! Ok, I'm off my rant now!
Julie, what a sa-weet(no pun intended) cupcake pincushion! Amigu-Yummy!!hahaha
Venison roast.....mmmmmm...i want some.
Dianne(ID)Ok ...you said that you found some wonderful tea in WY....are you gonna tell us what it is or do we have to guess....and how many guesses do we get? LOL
Dogs...pulling me on a pair of skies???Acccckkkk!! My luck, they'd spot a bunny and off they'd ~~zoooom~~ with me screaming."Mommeeeeeee" and bouncing across the snow on my Bum, like a cartoon character! Now, I may let bunnies pull me on a bunny-slope, but No-Way ANY-Day are hounds dragging my hiney across ANY snow....not even a snow-cone. uh-uh! Roflacgu
Ok...I'm ready for bed! Man...I sure hope I don't have night-mares tonight about skiing...in a recliner...being pulled by rabid bunnies...and them chasing hounds...that my Mom's riding on!!!LOL
Night Porchies! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 12 2011 7:31:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  12:37:55 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...I bet you do miss your mountain home. And especially your kids. Sometimes life gives us experiences that we never planned on (like moving to the Dalles and living with your mom again) and it doesn't seem fair, or good, or what you wanted to have happen in the first place. But...I have seen you growing through this experience. The most Spiritual growth comes from our Desert Experiences not our Mountain Top Experiences. But yeah, who doesn't love being on the Mountain Top...but you do have to come back down to reality and forge on...but the one major blessing is...The God of the Desert, is also The God of that Mountain Top. I know he loves you and wants you heart happy. You do not have to go through your loneliness by yourself. You have Him and you have us...and we all care!
You are right about your Fibro...and being concerned about being able to handle 8 hour shifts. Do you really think you will have to work those long of shifts? I pray they will give you like 4 hr shifts instead. Maybe you could even request them.

Cherime...it was the perfect time to play Hostess. And right before our bad weather hit too. We have had rain for the last two days and are suppose to have it every day for the next week. That really affects how I feel. Oddly enough snow doesn't cause me as much pain...other than the heaviness of the air when it snows...gives me an asmatic feeling. And I don't normally have asma. ~ Do you live in the town proper of Wasilla or do you live out of town by yourself? I think it would be lonlier if you were out of town and yet Bunny seems to have really loved living in the Mountains. I guess we each have our preferences. Even though I moved back to the City...and have less people around me (no longer living in senior housing)...I feel less lonely here.
Strange I know!

Dianne...I am with Judy, I want to know what kind of good tea you got. Inquiring Minds want to know these things. LOL

Penny...Yummo, girl on the Venision Roast. I learned that if your game feeds on grain (around farmland) that it has a much less gamie/wild taste, than if it forges for its food in scrubby forest areas. Can I come for dinner this weekend? LOL

Julie...I hope you can convert that adorable small cupcake into a hat....because that is just the cutest thing I have ever seen. If you do, I may want to order one or two
(after the Holidays) for my grand-daughters)...if you are still taking orders then....and aren't too burnt-out. Did you accept that order for 9 of your hats? When I read that...I just about fainted for you! lol

Megan darlen...I am just so happy you are back. You are just a bright spot of sweetness. We may have to send you up to Alaska to visit Cherime...so you can share in the glory of her snow!!! I do love snow too as far as the beauty of it...you are right, it is so magical. If it just didn't have to come with the cold weather...it would be perfect! *wink*

Judy...sounds like you need to buy your mama a big ol' jar of peanut butter and insist she has it on toast every morning. She needs that protein with carbs to get her through until lunch. I think it is just awesome that your 83 year old mother still loves getting out with her daughter and going to craft shows etc. That is just neat!
Like, I've said before...just don't feed your Nightmares and you won't have that scary dream about hounds dragging your hiney across snow or skiing in a recliner pulled by rabid bunnies...chasing your mother in her recliner...while eating her peanut butter toast! ROFLOL!

Tonight my oldest son and his darling wife and my two beautiful grand-daughters were in town. So, all three of my boys and their Ladies, and Grandmama &Grandpapa...all went out to Mexican Food together. That is the first time in 9 years...that we have all been together at the same time. It was wonderful. I was hoping that my oldest grand-daughter was going to have a sleep-over with me tonight but my son called me this morning and said that she was acting a bit nervous about it (since Grandmama had a different house)...So, I told him to tell her that she didn't have to have a sleep-over if she didn't want to...but if she changed her mind...she could still come. Well, she ended up not staying over (which was fine with me...after all she is only 3 and I don't want her being afraid to come to Grandmama's). They came over to the house before we went to dinner and she got to visit it with no fear that she had to stay here.
She said at dinner,
"Grandmama...I really love you, I just don't want to do a sleep over this time...but will you come to my house soon for a sleep-over?" I hugged her and kissed her and told her that I would love too! So, all was good! And she told me that she got a new bunk bed, but that I would have to sleep on the top because she was afraid to sleep up there. (Too cute! Oh, yeah...I don't think this grandmama is going to be climbing up to the top bunk anytime soon)*wink*

More Later My Lovely Porchies. I am leaving your Fried Ice-Cream on the Porch (it's cold enough it won't melt)!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  6:12:39 PM  Show Profile
It seems like it's been forever since I've been here! (It hasn't really, it just feels that way!)

Peggy, so glad you had a good time with your boys & their families! And that's great about your granddaughter asking you to come for a sleep-over on the top bunk! I wouldn't be able to sleep on the bottom; my sister & I had bunk beds growing up & I always had the top! I like my air to breathe & space around me :). My sister was telling me that my brother & sil & niece were going to come up for Christmas, but then Christmas wasn't going to work, so they're going to try for New Years. (In our minds, we're all going "haha, yeah, right....not very likely!) My brother has been down south for about 7 or 8 years now, and they haven't come up to Canada for Christmas at all. And my sister always has to have Christmas at her in-laws (they are slightly jealous & possessive & just annoying in general). But anyhow. Sorry to rant on you, I didn't mean to. Happy for you that you all got to spend some time together :).

Judy - so happy that you were able to find a chair for you mom. She'll enjoy it for sure!

Megan - we have a Christmas station online now, it started in October sometime I think, and I really think they are crazy lol. (http://www.starfm2.ca/?listen) Of course, I'm very picky now about the Christmas music I listen to. Comes from 5 1/2 years at one place, where they started Christmas music on Nov 12 & went til January 10 or so, and it was seriously 10 different songs sung 15 different ways. Not much for variation! I prefer the Christmas carols & instrumentals to the songs. I do like some songs, like A Star is Born (Paul Brandt), Let It Be Christmas (Alan Jackson), Mary Did You Know? (Reba McEntire), Christmas 1915 (Celtic Thunder), and my most favorite song/carol is Carol of the Bells. Now I may have to go listen to some of these! lol Have a good night all!

Bunny - get through the first few weeks, and it will be alright after that! It seems like torture for those first weeks, though, doesn't it? {{{Hugs & prayers for you!}}}

I started my niece's quilt today. I almost wish I had a south facing apartment, so I could have better lighting...but oh well. Not sure how to do a link, but here it is: (http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projects-ideas/throws-wall-hangings/circles-squares_1.html) I'm doing it in purples & pinks, with a taupe for the tan/white. I think it's going to look great once I'm done it. Next year, I'll have to do one for my other niece, since I haven't made one for her & I can hear the complaints now...But anyhow. My mom, sister & niece left today, after getting here on Friday. It was a nice visit, but my place isn't that big for 3 extra people...so we start to get a little cramped & crowded. It was nice though. It was kind of a pre-birthday get together (my birthday is in 2 weeks & I'm booked up that weekend so they decided to come this weekend. And it was a long wknd too, so that helped). Now my kitchen is a mess...but I did get some stuff done, so I'm all good!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010

Edited by - 22angel on Nov 13 2011 6:14:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  7:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Pam, I definitely think that some of the songs are a little overplayed, but I just love listening to them! I love them all, the fun ones and the more meaningful/religious ones. Mary Did You Know? is one of my favorites, and the Reba version is such a good one! Our radio station here used to start on November 1st, but now they wait a few weeks, which I think is better! I need time to recover from Halloween!
Peggy, thank you so much! I love coming on here and talking to you all wonderful ladies! I think that I have a whole community of role models on here that I want to envelope as I grow up!
Today was a pretty good day. I went to my friend's volleyball game, but they lost. It was still time spent with friends. And also, (warning: I'm about to go teenager!), her twin brother is the boy I like, and he likes me a little back, so I was pretty excited about that! So all in all, it was a pretty good day! Then, the day turned a little south when I got picked up from my friend's house. My dad picked me up to go my aunt's house for my Nana's birthday gathering. I know that this sounds bad, but I had plans to go to this volleyball game for a week or so, and we just made these plans for the birthday celebration on Friday. So I made the decision to go to the volleyball game, then go straight to my aunt's house. So my dad told me he was dissapointed in me, but I have so many more things that I could be dissapointed in him for. Since he left my Mom and I, we haven't had a real relationship, and we just had a very difficult conversation, which brought my day down. Sorry for bringing the mood down, but I just needed to vent. I hope that everyone has a good Monday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  06:42:40 AM  Show Profile
Megan, sorry that your day had a bad part to it :(. That's not fair, nor fun. And I agree with you, that you had these plans already made, so you should be able to do them. It's not like you skipped out on the entire thing, you just didn't go at the same time as everyone else or was there earlier. I say don't worry about it.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  07:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - Sending you a big hug. It's understandable that you're homesick especially during the holidays. It's hard creating new memories especially when you're considering this a temporary situation. Try to incorporate some of your holiday traditions in even if you have to scale them back considerably. It's not helping that your doing so many things that are unfamiliar either - school and the job. This to shall pass and things will ease up for you.

Judy - I had to laugh at your description of being pulled by the dogs while skiing LOL My dogs are all very well trained and hold obedience titles so I would be able to do this with mine fairly easily I think. I tandem walk them as it is so they're use to being connected to each other. Lacey desperately needs to get some poundage off so her and I need to find some type of exercise. I think we should all go visit Cherime in Alaska and go skiing with her since I've heard they have snow up there.

Megan - It can be rough and I feel for you. Feel sorry for him because not having a relationship with you is his loss. My biological father abandoned my mother after he got her pregnant with me out of wedlock and although I tried for a couple years to have a relationship with him I quickly learned he wasn't worth the efforts. I see my half-sister make herself absolutely miserable over not having the relationship with him that she wants. I refuse to let him affect my life, it's his loss.

I was able to be productive this weekend. I finished the helmet liner for my son and knitted a dishcloth with a snowflake pattern. The house was a bit tense so I stayed busy Sunday cleaning. I needed to get a new phone so I went Saturday and got an EVO (android) which apparently upset the man and all I heard the rest of the weekend was how much I was using my phone and how its was an appendige. I really wasn't he was just being a demanding pain. Since he's been such a pain about my using his computer I used my phone to check emails and such which is one of the reasons I decided to go with this model over a cheaper phone. It also allows me to check craigslist and such for apartments/houses without him being able to track my history on his computer. He announced about 8 last night that he's going up north hunting after he gets off work today. He had told me he was going to go up this coming weekend but never bothered to tell me he'd changed his plans. It will be nice not to have him around for a while so I'm not upset about it. I so wish I had the $$$ to move out while he's gone. My youngest son said he might stop over tonight so him and I can talk and see where we are on this. I feel so stressed right now and can tell my BP is too high because of it. Hopefully his abscense will help out a bit.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  07:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey everyone! I’ve wound up with the day off so I’m spending it at home getting caught up on housework and yard work. Woo-Hoo! I’m taking a little break from mulching leaves. I’ve all ready run the mower out of gas. There are so many I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes me all day. Whoo!

Bunny~ wrapping you up in a great big hug!

Megan~ I agree with Pam. Don’t let it worry you too much sweetie.

Peggy~ Sounds like you had a great time with your family. What a sweet grand daughter!

Pam~ I love that pattern. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

This past weekend was busy with kids and running. Saturday the kids and I went to the Arcade, Toys R Us and then to dinner. The rest of weekend was spent mostly at home, but we kept busy. I’ve been crocheting like crazy. Three scarves in a week’s time. Why? I don’t need another scarf for anything. But it hit me Sunday morning before we left for church. Our church has a youth group on Wednesday evenings. We have on average 60 kids show up! So the kiddos earn points for bringing friends, their Bibles and other stuff, Then twice a year they get to shop in the Bible Bucks Store. I helped the pastor’s wife do some organizing in the shop last weekend and she mentioned that scarves were a big hit with the teenage girls last year, so now you know where all my extra scarves went. LOL I do hope the girls like them.

Well gals time to go back to work. Have a great day!
Lots of hugs to you all~
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:35:29 AM  Show Profile
I do live outside of Wasilla about 7 miles. Mostly I am ok but there are times when I wish for another voice. I suppose that is why I turn on the tv when I get up and only turn it off when I go to bed. Background noise. Other human voices. It finally stopped snowing and then immediately dropped fro 20 above to 0. Took the dog on a short walk this morning but it is such a pain to get suited up, heavy boots etc. My DD went and got a friend's 14 year old boy and came over on sat. We snow raked the big roof and one of the smaller ones. My DS was supposed to come over on Sun and shovel the smaller one but did not show. I probably should have called him to remind him but since the temp dropped I figured all was ok for now. It can be a real balancing act sometimes. Hugs all and back to work.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, thanks for the hug. I think you understand exactly how I feel. Nice that the man is gone for a few days. By the way, you can erase your computer search history. Look under tools and where it says clear browsing history. Different browsers may say something different. But you should be able to find it in tools. Then after every visit to the computer, just do that. Check history to make sure it is gone. That should enable you to use the computer again.

Taking my mom to the airport today. I think she has been stressed about getting on the airplane. She got sick the other day and said she fell in the bathroom. She made a big deal about hurting her leg and not being able to walk. I told her the skycap would take her to the gate in a wheel chair if she needed. I told her I was going to get her on the plane even if I had to take her there myself. Miraculously her leg got better and now she is all packed and ready to go. Amazing!
I gave myself a day of sewing yesterday. I have had so much homework I needed a break. Here is my little project. I made these for the craft show I'm doing on Saturday and made up a bunch of kits to sell so people could make their own.

I call it a snowbird Christmas Ornament.
Anyway, I have homework to do so later!

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  09:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Megan...just take your dad's opinion of you with a grain of salt sweety. That was rude on his part. If he was dissapointed in you over such a non-issue, then he has the issues and I am sorry that he dumped his garbage on your lawn. Not yours to deal with!!!
Just refuse to accept guilt over his problem.
Oh, I forgot to mention...I am so with you on The Christmas Music. I usually start playing it at the end of Oct. but this year with the move...I got started late...but have been enjoying it! It always gets me in the Holiday Mood. I usually decorate my house on Thanksgiving Eve or the day after. I am not a big Black Friday Shopper. Have a good school week and by the way we love hearing the teen heart-throb stuff! *smile*

Bunny...hope your week goes better girlfriend. Yesterday at Church I was so emotional. I cried during every Praise and Worship Song
(not normal for me) and then I invited my youngest son and his fiance for dinner. I had made a big pot roast with veggies. My son says, "That is a Pork Roast right mom?" I forgot he doesn't eat beef. I hadn't cooked Pork! I felt so bad...and I cried when he had to go get himself some take-out. But his fiance eats beef...so it wasn't a total loss.
I was thinking geesh...what is with all the tears today? Then I remember I was out of my anti-depressants for a few days. That explained alot! LOL
All that Bunny to say...I get the whole depression thing...and it is usually out of our control but it will get better.

RFM Tammy...sounds like you could really use the break from the man. I hope you and your son...can get a plan together. Be careful with that stress and your blood pressure...don't let him push your buttons and cause you to have a heart attack or stroke over it. He is not worth it! I think that was smart of you to get a smart phone (no pun intended lol)...especially if he never wanted you to use his computer.

Melanie...sounds like you had a busy weekend too. ~ What a great way to encourage kids...by donating scarves to the Youth Group. I will have to remember that venue myself.

Last night I went to youngest son's house and helped them unpack a few things and then sort their piles and piles of clothes. They didn't do that before they moved. Some needed to go to charity, some for resale and some to my house to launder for them (they are just so busy with work). I am also babysitting their Scottie Terrier...trying to get him house broken. I figured if he went out with my dogs he would get the idea...by example. So far so good.

Well, I need to start preparing my Bible Study Lesson for the week. So...I will check back in later.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  2:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Porchies,

I've been a way for a bit, just felt like I'd bring you all down with my sad situation and didn't want to be a whiner. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!! But Peggy emailed me and told me you all were here for me and wouldn't despise me should I whine a little. So I'll keep the whining to a minimum and still bathe in the sunshine of my Porch Sisters. :)

Megan, I am sorry for the lack of relationship you have with your dad. The father/daughter relationship is so important and so special. I myself was blessed with a wonderful Daddy, who I adore and always will. I'm a true blue Daddy's Girl and being such gave me a lot of confidence growing up. If you can't have that relationship with your own father, do you have another male in your life who can take on the father role? Try not to let his comment bother you to much. If he doesn't live up to his role than his opinions won't bear much merit in your life. Hugs.

Sorry I haven't commented on everyone, you've all been so busy while I've been hiding away!!! Hope I can catch up with everyone.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  3:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...that a girl! And see...you even encouraged Megan!!!
Don't hide away or we will just have to hunt you down and drag
your tiny little bum back to The Porch!LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  6:58:13 PM  Show Profile
HA Trust me nothing tiny there!!!! LOL

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  7:18:23 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly when Peggy says she will hunt you down..she is quite serious...I usually come running when I hear her calling my name or that she will send out the porch squad to find me...hehehe We love you so please don't stay away. We are here for each other in good and bad.

Megan so sorry about your dad..but Miss Peggy is right...just let it go.

Bunny loved your snowbird ornament. YOu are such a talented lady.

It was a beautiful day here. I tell you the nice weather makes one almost forget what time ofyear it is here. Usually we are cold and snowy but God has blessed with beautiful weather. I am so thankful for that. Not a big winter person here.

I do hope you ladies had a wonderful day. I was busy with little butterflies but it was a good day. WE have begun practicing for our Christmas program. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving though. A nice break will be wonderful.

well this teacher is heading to evening tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  7:27:29 PM  Show Profile
I finally got my work schedule today. I work 5am to 9am 5 days a week. Funny the hours were never mentioned when I was offered the job. I kept asking the HR person what the typical hours were and she said 11am to 7pm. Biiigggg difference, ya think. Anyway, if I can get use to the schedule it should work good around school and homework. If need be, I'll just come home and take a nap every day. My manager said he was never giving my school schedule or days I was available to work. But he was really nice and put everything in the computer for future schedules. Now if I can just condition myself to wake up at 4am in the morning.. all will be well. And yes, I do work Thanksgiving weekend, but I work so early and I'll be home before anyone is up so it works out perfect. I just can't stay up late like everyone else does.

Kimberly, this is the place to vent and wine when there is no other. Don't be afraid to tell us what's going on. This is a safe place for good and not so good stuff in life.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page