Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  07:19:21 AM  Show Profile
Dianne - The coupon issue drives me nuts about our local JoAnns. Michaels takes multiple coupons and they'll take anybodys coupons. I had that happen with the cashier at Michaels finding a coupon I didn't have and saving me money. I'd skip JoAnns if I could but unfortunately Michaels doesn't have the colors of yarn I need to an afghan I'm working on so I had to go there.

Miranda - I've never had a Frito Pie. I've heard they're good. A pulled pork one sounds awesome. I wish I could send you some of our rain. It was flooding the roads last night we had so much so quickly. Thankfully it was cleared up for morning commute.

Kimberly - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. If you need to talk we're here for you or email one of us.

Pam - Sorry about your Aunt. I'm finding that there's often reasons for people popping into my head and I need to listen to urgings to visit or call. I'm also in total agreement with you about scheduling inducing deliveries unless there's a reason like they're way overdue or something like that. Children aren't necessarily convenient and best they get use to the idea starting with labor LOL.

I finished up another dishcloth yesterday and started another one. I got approval on the yarn I bought over the weekend for the dishcloth order. I ended up with a natural color, softly taupe, and a milk chocolate colored brown. Since she said they had a natural theme I suggested changing the pattern from the snowflakes to acorns or leaves or something but she insisted on staying with the snowflakes. She's paying for them so who am I to argue LOL. I'd like to get these plus the hat knocked out before the end of the month since I still have a pair of socks to get done and those take a while.

Tonight we're going out for our anniversary. Our first date was three years ago today. Our first date was seeing the first Twilight movie and tonight we're going to see the new one that's out (seems appropriate) and we're going out for dinner. Should be a relaxing night. Tomorrow we're going to his brother's house for the big meal.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  07:43:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all you porch sitters.

Ok move over I need to rest with a good cup of tea and did I see brownies or was that wishfull thinking.

Julie I am just jealous there is no other word for it. You are planting in your garden and mines looks like a mud hole. We had lots of rain. Funny I thought they said snow was predicted.
If I can't have snow then I want it to be sunny and warm so I can get stuff done outside. :(

I love the cupcake hat. That is so neat. You are truly an artist. Ok I am jealous again. LOL

I need to ask for prayers for my DH. I have shared this on another line but I feel the need to share with all of you. My DH lost his mother and grandmother a little over two years ago.
They died about three months apart. One aunt had already passed away several years ago. Now we found out that his mothers other sister is in stage 4 of cancer. She beat breast cancer several years ago.
This cancer they did not find until it was too late.She is at peace with it because she knows the Lord. It is still hard for the rest of us. We recieved a call a couple of nights ago that my DH uncle,his mothers only brother,
was in the hospital. He has been on dialysis for a number of years. He has an infection that they are trying to treat it. He told his wife he was tired of fighting. My DH needs prayer for his aunt and uncle.
His family is not close, thats the reason we are just now hearing about these things.

Iam sorry to share this at this time of year but I hope you will understand. Ther is a bright note. Logan is doing wonderful. The Dr. says it may take up to 2 months for the lymphnodes to go down, but the infection is gone.Praise God!

Please take a moment tomorrow and just enjoy the moment. If you have a lot of people or just a few. Enjoy the moment.

Blessings and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  08:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Julie, Jo's right there at Congress and Gibson, just a little trailer with a covered porch. It's on the other side of Congress from Continental Club. We'll have to have coffee there some time! First time I went, we sat at the great big circle table and played ridicule (it's a horrible game where you people watch and try and find the worst outfits and whatnot... I know it's aweful, but when you see a 300 pound woman in Daisy Dukes, it's hard not to stare... I'm not thin by any stretch, but I was also raised to dress proper!)

Well, we got some rain night before last, and I think even last night! The doggy is not too happy because she does not like water or cold. The cat's running around like someone lit her tail on fire. In the middle of watching SoA, she ran from one end of the sectional sofa, around the bend and to the otehr side, then back. Old Man was sure she'd lost her mind. I think it's the weather change. She tried to bathe the water off me this morning after my shower.

I'm sorry to hear about all the losses going on. It seems like this time of year is tough for that. Everyone is in my thoughts & prayers!

I'm at my day job right now, but will be slinging on the apron and baking when I get home. HA! Just thought of my buddy, Alan... we text because he is a disabled vet and has speech problems, and any time I mention pies I get the same response... MMmmmmmmm piiiiiiiiiie.... Talking about needing to contact people, I better go do that! he's been running like a mad man and things have been crazy for me, too... but I can't let him think I forgot him!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Eve, and a better Thanksgiving day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  11:25:04 AM  Show Profile
afternoon porchies
just wanted to wish all of you a
wonderful happy thanksgiving
blessings deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  1:10:14 PM  Show Profile
Just thought I'd share, went ahead and texted my friend, Alan, and let him know I was thinking of him. He's been running around and told me his arms were tired... I said "Why? Therapy again?" and he said "No, I've been runnin' around too much!" I still forget he's in a wheelchair, some times. He's still the same old Alan! And, sure enough, I mentioned the pie baking I'll be starting on here in a bit and he says "Mmmmmmm Pie".

The day was goin pretty fast but suddenly every minute is dragging. I wanna get out of the office (without incident) and get home to start baking!

I figure I'll blind bake, fill and then just refrigerate the pies so I can bake them in the morning. Hopefully the room mate doesn't get snoopy. Hell, if he does, I have a nice, heavy, old (and I do mean OLD) ball bearing powered rolling pin....

Never did get started on the apron last night but if I have a chance tonight, I will! Think I'm keeping dinner simple.... pork chops and brown rice, maybe a salad or something on the side.

Well this passing of time sure FEELS like it should have been an hour with the odd phone call to answer and member to chit chat with, but it's only been about 20 minutes. I suppose I should go find something constructive to do (too bad I can't do needlework while I'm in my office!)

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  2:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving all, God Bless us everyone.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  4:54:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I got everything planted today. It is very hard to plant at this time of year. The mind needs convincing. It's so ingrained to only plant in the spring. The reality here is that the weather usually doesn't get cold enough to do severe damage. Even with a few freezes the spinach won't mind a bit. A lady came over today and when I told her everything we had planted she said we must have food coming out our ears. I told her not when it's only 2 inches tall. All the small plants are at that stage of either taking off like wildfire or refusing to grow anymore and dying. I don't know if any of you have that problem. I can start seeds inside and move them out and they are growing just fine and dandy and then they just reach a stopping point and refuse to grow anymore. It's pure luck. I'm determined to keep trying to grow food.

Miranda- that game sounds fun. And it's a good place in town to play it. I have another friend who is a farmgirl and she is in North Austin. We'd be happy to get you in trouble. The farmgirl kind. She likes to do a lot of baking for Mobile Loaves and Fishes. If you're interested in that sort of thing, I can let you know the next time she is doing it and maybe you could meet us. We did the last one at a church kitchen because of cooking laws, etc. I'll keep you in mind whenever I go into Austin and will drop you an email.

Well, ladies, I'm working tomorrow and then of there's Black Friday and then I'm working the weekend. Hope I get a few minutes to stop back in. If not, hope you all stay safe, happy, and full.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  5:31:28 PM  Show Profile
Julie, it sounds like a hoot! Would be happy to help y'all when I can!

And I know EXACTLY what you mean about the plants only growing so far then refusing to grow any more! My mustard, potatoes and turnips did that this spring. I kind of want to plant a garden this coming spring, but moving from our current trailer will make that kind of hard :(

So, I got all 3 pie crusts put together, rolled out, and the third is blind baking now. Also baking the DEEEEEP dish apple pie. Dear Lord, what have I done? LOL Pumpkin pie will go in a little later, and after cleaning dishes, I will whip up some whipped cream.

Being bad and sitting in bed, eating a pork chop and some rice while old man watches a movie in the living room. He's been such a good "husband" today (shhhhh y'all didn't see me type that)

WELP Time for the last crust to come out of the oven, and I really should go text Momma to let her know what's going on tomorrow!!

Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Be safe!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  6:06:00 PM  Show Profile
I just wanted to jump on here and thank everyone for your prayers and support concerning my Aunt passing away. My Uncke took my Mom to W.Va. yesterday. I stayed at her apt. because she had a recliner being delivered from JC.Penny. It was a busy day. DH was off and he stayed at our house because we had an infra-red,quartz fireplace delivered.hahaha So many deliveries in one day. The fireplace really warms up and pretties up a room. Now if I could just get the walls painted, I'd REALLY think it was a pretty room. *sigh*
Mama came so tired but said that her sister looked really nice. *sad*...but glad!
Happy Thanksgiving Porchies!
Don't gobble til ya wobble...ok? lol

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  12:51:42 AM  Show Profile
Gosh Julie...your hats are just so darn cute! I see why you are selling them like crazy!

Pam...your Oreo Nightmare cracked me up!! Did your friend have her baby???? I am hoping so...since she was induced! LOL

Dianne form Hudson Valley...looking forward to the Tea you are sending out.

Tammy...I think the snowflakes would look good on any color. ~ I am sure not getting the whole knitting off a graph thing. I am confusing myself more than anything. I think if I just had written directions with it...would help greatly. I am normally a real visual person...so why I am having problems is beyond me.

RFM Tammy...I haven't made it to the New Twilight Movie yet. My DIL got free tickets for the opening night...and asked me to go, but there was no way I was going to go at midnight to a theater 45 minutes away. I know...I am a wimp! LOL

Kimberly...don't be going MIA on us again! Like teacher Tammy said...You don't want me sending the Porch Patrol after you. lol

Dianne...we will be praying for your husband...that is a lot of loss in a short amount of time. That has to be hard on you also. No, apologizing for sharing...that's what we do here!!! PTL about Logan...that is such an answer to prayer.

Miss Miranda...how are the pies doing? Your friend will be happy to blessed by those pies.
When you have been talking about The Old Man in your posts...I assumed that you were talking about your dad. OK...so I am a little slow.

Deborah...how ya shaken girlie? We are always blessed when you can hop on for a moment. You have a Blessed Thanksgiving too!

Cherime...Happy Thanksgiving Girlfriend! Does it take longer to thaw out a turkey in Alaska? LOL

Judy...how is your mama doing? How are all of you doing?
It is harder when you lose a loved one around the Holidays.
My sister called me today and she was so upset over something her DH said to one of his adult kids...I thought she was going to die of a stress related heart-attack. A heart-attack is how she probably will die...because all her vital organs are slowing down and stressing the heart. Then add additional stress on top of that...oh, she worries me. I keep praying that God will just call her home....but now (selfishly) I say, "Ok, Lord...but please wait until after the Holidays." When my brother died 3 yrs ago...he literally hung on until after the Holidays because he didn't want to ruin them for his wife and our mother. He died 3 days later. I thought that was miraculously "self-less" on his part. I could tell that he literally clung to life for the whole month of December for their sake.

OK...ladies, I am off to bed...and I am already drooling over thoughts of Turkey and stuffing!! Yummo!

blessings to you all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  07:34:33 AM  Show Profile
Getting ready to make up colecannon and a from scratch green bean casserole, I cannot abide the sort with mushroom soup and need to make the mushroom gravy from the start, We will be going up to Willow AK for thanksgiving dinner to my DSIL place. We are letting her make the turkey and bringing all the other stuff is she is a bit cooking challenged.
Peg, depends where the turkey was stored. The one I have is sitting in the front seat of the old broke down Kia in my front yard. At 0 it will take a while.
If I take it over to my DD's place she will run it through the dishwasher and thaw it out.
Time to throw another log on the fire and get moving.
Special hugs to all facing challenges, praying for you all. Hugs Cherime

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  07:56:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I started converting them. Printing out one of the graphs and marking it for each row as I knitted for multiple dishclothes was just ridiculous. I'll forward them to you. I converted Snowflake B yesterday. I don't know why they can't put both in so people that don't like reading graphs have an easier time of it. Here's a picture of snowflake A. It's actually a darker blue then it appears - the black must be washing the color out. I think I might try re-photographing it and submitting it for my knitting badge. I really need to get working on those.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! Hope everybody has a great day. We're off to his brother's house for the day. Taking my knitting with so I should have an enjoyable layed back day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  11:58:24 AM  Show Profile
Just a bit of time before the guys get here. Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. Turkey is in the oven, pies go next.
Tomorrow is my first day at work by myself. Hopefully I will get everything right and done on time.

Grateful for all you farmgirls!

Deborah, did you get my package with the scarves?

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  6:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to jump on for a sec. to say Happy Thanksgiving, wish I could have done it earlier but been so busy....I have company till Sunday so not sure if I will be on much. Hope to catch up soon...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  12:22:22 AM  Show Profile
Tammy...I would love to get your conversions on the washclothes. That would be wonderful! I admit I do not like trying to figure out the
graphs. The picture you posted looks really nice.

Bunny...hope you had a wonderful time with your boys! And we will love to hear all about your first day alone on the job. You will do great! You will probably be harder on yourself...than anybody else!

Cherime...running the Turkey through the dishwasher to thaw it out is the most unique and strangest way I have ever heard of...
but I like it! I really do! *smile*

Penny...hope you enjoy your company!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner out (not the normal Farmgirl way) but we have been doing it for about 10 years and it
works for us. We saw a lot of our friends from our old church there today too. Which is always a treat! We had a lot of Seafood
and a lot of traditional thanksgiving food also. It was all delicious!!! The only bad part is no left-overs but that is OK. I will probably
buy a small turkey in a few days and fix it for us.

Tonight I noticed that my Shi tzu Bella...had a spot on her left haunche that she had been chewing on ...so, I leaned down to
look and it and brushed my hand over the spot and she jumped up and bit me...once on the finger and then up near my elbow. I
was sitting on the sofa...so, I threw my leg up in front of me to keep her from lunging at me again. This is the second time
in a month that she has bit me. It so freaked me out. The first time...she was trying to hide from me, because we were leaving
the house and it was time for her to go in the Kennel which she hates (but she is destructive if she isn't kenneled)...so she
ran under my husbands desk and when I bent down to get her she bit me. She is almost five...and I know these small dogs can live
12-16 yrs...but I am not going to continue to be bit every couple of months for the next 11 yrs or so. I don't know what to do.
Any suggestions ladies? I am going to call her Vet tomorrow and discuss this with her...and see what she says. Gosh I feel betrayed
by my own dog. I have raised her since she was 7 weeks old...and normally she has a very loving personality...but something
has gotten into her lately...I am just not sure what.

Well, anyway...I am tired...so, I think I am off for a last cuppa tea and my latest book.
Sweet Dreams and I hope you were all blessed to be with Family & Friends today.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Haha, Peggy, I never thought of that, but apparently that's how it comes across to others, as well! I need to find another way to refer to him... both because people think "old man" means father, and because I'm actually older than him! It can kind of sound derrogitory, too I just hate being almost 32 and saying "boyfriend". It sounds so... childish! Isn't that silly? ha! I guess it also sounds not as permanent. I can't actually say "fiance" because he hasn't proposed yet, but I alredy know he wants to marry me. My boss is in a similar situation... she refers to hers as "the love of her life". I quite like that one

The pies actually went with me to my Sister in law's Aunt's house. I think my immediate family was the only family who ate any of them but they turned out great! I will make another one for Alan when Josh (boyfriend) and I go see him. Not sure when that will be, but Alan wants to meet him now, and I figure that Josh would enjoy it, too.

Thanksgiving was a good day, all in all. I am at work and do not have a card reader for the computer in my office, but my SIL's aunt took a really good family picture right before the five of us left, yesterday. The only picture Josh and I had together before that, his eyes were closed. And, I think this may be the first family photo since my Daddy passed away 4 years ago! I can't wait to share it!

Funny thing, speaking of Daddy. Momma, Josh and I got to SIL's aunt's house around noon, and started setting our food out. My brother came up behind me and I did a double take. The first words out of my mouth were "My God, you look like Daddy more and more every time I see you!" to which he gave me a proud and humbled smile (trust me, that's possible!) He's growing his beard out, which our father always wore a beard and, in the few years before his death, a handlebar mustache, and that really brought out the resemblence.

Momma got to see a picture of his younger daughter, too, whom we haven't seen since she was a child. Her mother kept her away from us for years, and suddenly, Courtney found her father on Facebook and reconnected with him. Momma took one look at the picture and said "Oh my gawd, she looks like ME!". Come to think of it, she does!

Poor Josh had to get up before dawn to get to work before dawn, and doesn't get off till at least 9. I have a feeling he won't be home till 10 or 1030. I suppose, once I get off work I'll take a quick jog up to the Harley dealership to look at boots (I figure the bikers will be one group of people not beating the snot out of each other over pre-Christmas deals) and head home to take a nap so I'll still be awake when he does finally get home.

Well, back to the grind for another 3 hours. Feels like I have been here at work longer than an hour and a half today, but apparently not. I always hate working Black Friday because I'm usually doing nothing but answering phones. Yuck!

I can see the Kohl's parking lot from my office window.... if any of y'all are out in the madness, BE SAFE!!

Talkatchall later!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:41:33 AM  Show Profile
Good day ladies! I've been up since 5. I told DD she could go shopping with me if she woke up and got ready without a fuss. When I woke her she got right up and dressed herself and was ready to go. We went to Tractor Supply and I got the cast iron 6 qt Dutch oven. There were only 10 people there and I didn't have to wait to check out at all. We had breakfast and stopped by Target. No crowds there either. We looked at toys and she found a play dress that was on sale. We wandered through the kitchen area and they still had 2 KitchenAid mixers. I've never had one and have wanted one for years. And I finally had the money for it. So I got one! It's my anniversary present. DH is so happy because he didn't have to lift a finger or shop at all for my gift. Now we're home and drinking hot chocolate. Hope you ladies are having a nice, quiet day.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  1:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello fellow porchies,
I have brought some birthday cake to share with you. I don't want to eat the whole thing and ruin my figure...hehehe WEnt for a pedicure and then hubby is taking me out to dinner later. I should get my little birthday puppy in about a week.

Miss Peggy I am so sorry about your dog. I hope the vet is able to help you with Bella. Glda you had a great dinner.

Kim..get back her girl. Miss Peggy is serious about the POrch Patrol. I know ..hahahahahhahaha

well ladies hope you are having a wonderful day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  4:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, waiting for Josh to get home. *sigh!* I'm not excited about Black Friday since he's been at work since 5 and doesn't get off till 9 Didn't do any real shopping, other than deciding I wanted something different for Christmas than what I originally thought. Went to the Harley dealership (don't worry, not asking for a bike. This year) and found several pairs of boots I liked and some jewelry. I'll give him some ideas later :D the sales girl even gave me a list to write down what I want!

Julie, I noticed the same thing around here, aside from Kohl's and Best Buy, it was not crowded anywhere. I think people are just sick of the Black Friday stupidity!

Glad you were able to find some good deals, by the way!

Well, I finished dinner... super simple. Sausage sauteed up with a jalepeno, and sliced potatoes with onions, cooked in (get this) chicken fat I snipped and rendered off of a whole hen a few weeks ago and froze. They taste delicious, if I do say so myself!

Well, I was GONNA post the picture from yesterday but right now my computer is crapping out. Ugh... i hate AT&T! Maybe later. For now, going to let the pup out and go cut some Christmas stockings and presents!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  7:45:36 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!!! Thanks for sharing your cake! Hope it's chocolate...I could use a fix right about now.

Yes, I am still bummed over Bella. I called the Vet Clinic but my Vet is out until Tuesday. So, will have to
wait to talk to her. She knows Bella well...so I will be happy for her sage advice.

I was on here earlier and typed a very nice note to everyone and then the computer witch flew away with it on her broom to her cyber cave. I forgot to use my sticky notes...so I am back doing that this time.

Miss Maranda...thanks for clearing up The Old Man thing. Why not just call him your Darlen Man or something like that? Although, Josh works fine too.

I was also confused over the pie thing for your friend Alan. I thought you were baking him one while you did your Thanksgiving Pies. OK...I think I have it all straight now. LOL

You and your Darlen Man may be young with great minds but some of us are a tad-bit older. With Minds that have wandered away and aren't ever coming back. ha ha! So, be patient with us...someday you will be one of us too.

Seems like all the Stupid Black Friday People live in our part of the Country. I didn't go out but the news showed the insanity started at Midnight and every place was packed out. Best Buy had people camping out in tents for days before Black Friday. My kids were out in that mess and they had a blast and got some great deals. But it isn't for the old or faint of heart let me tell you. I worked enough Black Fridays in Retail...that I got my fill of the craziness years ago.

Well, off to do dinner. More Later...

blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  8:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday TeaLady Tammy! I hope you've had a great one! Dh had a Birthday today too(57th) and I made him a green 2-layer with lemon icing. He loves green, it's the Army in him I guess. hahaha He worked today so he really had a short Birthday celebration with me, now he's in bed....already. *sigh* He gets up at 4:30, so he goes to bed around 10pm. He gets home at 8, so we don't get the chance to argue about anything. hahahaha
Peg, so sorry to hear about Bella's new attitude. Do you think she may still be shook up because of the move? That's the only thing I could think of.
Well, off to read for awhile.
Nite porchies.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  07:37:34 AM  Show Profile
Peg, trust me, Josh and I are already getting confused and forgetful LOL! I tend to hop around subject to subject, a lot. Especially when I am at work, because I am constantly looking out to the lobby to check on things. Everyone thinks being in a corner office is great, but some times it's stressful and I get isolated!

Josh ended up getting off at 7:30 last night! I love his new district manager. He saw that no one had been into any of the stores after 6 and said it wasn't going to make the stores any money to stay open late, so everyone should go home to their families. What a relief!

I did get some cutting done last night. Had a scrap of ticking that I will make a few ornaments out of, and I got the pets' stockings cut. Pepper Jean decided to "help" and laid right in the middle of the fabric and latched on to a pattern envelope. She chased a miller bug around the kitchen and howled... I shoulda known we had a thunderstorm on the way!

So, it looks like it will be a good day for baking and sewing, hooray! Think I will try baking another loaf of bread, and make breakfast for dinner. I got my mouth set on scrambled eggs and bacon yesterday after looking at the local Harley dealer's website... they had breakfast of eggs and bacon from 8 till 10. Wish I had known about that sooner! I'd have gone there before work, just to eat!

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to my shopping list. I really need the websites for Sprouts and our local grocery store to start working. I get to where I can't remember what I need without their weekly fliers! HA! Hope y'all have a wonderful day! I may grab my wellies and squish back to the porch later

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  4:34:49 PM  Show Profile
WHOA, I didn't go MIA, honest. I tried to post and the computer gremlins took it away.

Peggy, sorry your Bella is causing you trouble. I hope your vet can give you good advice and you and doggie can be happy again.

Penny, I miss you. Know you are busy but plain and simple, I miss you.

Lots to report. Where to start? Well something scary happened. But it has led to Hubby and I getting some real help. I finally called a man I respect SO much from back home. He's a counselor and wise beyond belief. The reason I hadn't called him before was I felt bad bothering him, he's supposed to be retired, although he does still counsel a little bit. But the man is 80 years old and I didn't want to bother him. But he is willing to talk with both of us and he is very wisely helping us to both see the areas we need to work on and helping us reconcile. So keep praying because I believe God is at work and maybe, just maybe we can have the marriage we both want so badly.

Made a big purchase on Black Friday. Have I ever mentioned that I never shop on Black Friday? Actually, I hate shopping. For about nine months now my husband has been researching and drooling over this and the day before Thanksgiving we went and tried a couple out and decided what we wanted. Then we went home and crunched numbers to make sure we could get it in the budget. Then Hubby found a better deal on the internet and we took a leisurely 2 1/2 hour drive to go get it. Curious yet? I am the proud owner of a 2011 Indigo Blue Pearl Hyundai Sonata. Can you believe it? We bought a car!!!! We still have the first vehicle we bought because we want a towing vehicle with 4X4 for bad weather. Just don't want it for everyday because the fuel is KILLING us. We figure that the fuel savings will basically pay for most of the payment. Kids were pretty excited about it too. Neither of us have ever owned a car before. We've always driven trucks or SUVs. So we're feeling all proud of ourselves. This thing is LOADED. I don't know if I can handle that much technology but I think I can force myself to get used to it.

Hugs to all,

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  09:05:44 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, Congrats on the new car. I could feel your excitment thru the puter lines! hahaha It's true! You were just bubbling! hahaha I'm so happy for you! We need to see a pic of you standing by the car....grinning! heehee
Dianne, I got your card and tea yesterday. tytyty! Can't wait to try it. I've not seen that one around here yet. Of course we just have GiantEagle stores local, so I may have to drive to a WallyWorld to find it. We don't have the CandyCane ya'll speak of either, but I hear that WallyWorld has it! I'm going to speak to the manager and tell him, "How do you expect us to(shop local)if you don't carry holiday teas and we all have to drive to W.W. to get it!!! Wake up and smell the tires burning as we drive out of town Buddy!!!"
hahahaha Stay local-save money! He actually got a full-fat yogurt in for my Mama&Me when she lived here, so I know he listens!We just love the stony-field yogurts, but we love full-fat with cream on top. mmmmmmmmm.....
Thank you Gals who sent my Mama cards! Would you believe she got 10 cards all at once on Friday! None before, none after! Weird huh? hahahaha Thank you ALL so much! And thank you to the Gal who put the pretty pink crocheted cross in the card. VERY pretty! VERY sweet!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  11:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Whew!! *dusting off apron!* Morning, girls! Though, I guess it's not morning, now HAHA! Got up and baked a loaf of Irish soda bread, which I have never done before. Was still a bit doughy in the middle, but I think I figured out what I did wrong. I now have dough rising for a loaf of white bread, and another started rising for whole wheat bread. Josh is smoking a turkey later (if we ever get to the store!).

Well, he just let the dog in and she's covered in what we hope is grass. These animals! Pepper Jean followed me around the house this morning as I baked and cleaned. At one point she litterally swatted at my heels as I was walking from the bedroom.

Well, if we're gonna go runnin around (sposed to go to the Pawn shop to look at a ring I fell in love with... Keep your fingers crossed they still have it, and even more that maybe Josh likes it! Then we're headed to the grocery store where Momma works to pick up stuff for supper) I should get showered & ready to go!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page