Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  10:51:27 PM  Show Profile
Whew!!!

I just read 4 whole pages to catch up!!!

I've been crazy busy and life is completely upside down!

I wound up havin to make Thanksgiving dinner for 27 people and only had 4 hours between Gma's lunch and my dinner to get it all ready. I made it and it was good, but I was super stressed. We found out a bunch of friends and some family wasn't gonna have a dinner at all and my Big Ole Softie of a Hubby just had to rescue them. So I did a 3 day bakin and cookin marathon to put it all together.

I had to spend the last weekend at the hospital with my soon to be SIL. He was ridin in a jeep with a friend drivin and they got t-boned by a drunk driver who was doin 65 in a 30 zone. It was pretty bad and all 4 people in the car are in bad shape. Thank God they weren't killed and there was no broken bones, but concussions all around and tons of stitches!

My DD lost her job over bein at the hospital instead of goin in to work. I told her to just let it go. She was gonna be laid off in 2 weeks anyhow for maternity leave. She's upset, but at least she can be around to take care of her fiance.

My Hubby got a call a few days ago from his old boss. They want him back after only 5 weeks without him! They offered him a pay raise, new position with more hours, and a company truck! It's really amazing! He was gettin pretty grumpy about his boss. The guy is a real jerk. He gripes about everything, even if it's done right and on time. He was really grumpin about all the tire repairs on hubby's truck, like he was messin them up on his own and on purpose. As if a person could intentionally mess up dump truck tires!

We then had to sit down with my MIL and have a long talk about the housin situation. She is refusin to cooperate with us. She hasn't helped us buy any supplies for her apartment we are tryin to build for her. She is fightin the dr's about what she needs to do and change in her lifestyle. She won't have any of the surgeries they say she must have. She won't change the way she eats at all. There is a reverse mortgage on the house. We had intended to get the reverse mortgage life insurance to be able to keep the house. We have been refused the insurance over and over agian because of her medical history. They have all told us that the little statements on them sayin 'patient refused therapy(treatment or surgery)' disqualifies her.

We are now backed into a corner. We would have to get a mortgage on the place and we have too low credit scores to get one we can afford. Now we have had to make a decision that no one is happy about. We have bought almost all the supplies needed to insulate, run electric, plumb the bathroom, and put in the floorin and walls. That will leave an open room instead of bedroom and open floor plan livin/dinin/kitchen area. The bathroom is in the basement, but isn't walled off from the basement. We simply can't invest anymore into it. She will have to live with it that way or start buyin some of the other stuff herself.

We are gonna be savin every dime we can to get ready for when the next opportunity comes along. We have been offered several properties on personal contract that had a lot more to offer than this place. We don't want to leave, but we are now scared about bein kicked out with our children and gbaby onto the street. I don't know what we would do if put into that position right now. I would give about anything to go back in time and not give up our house and move in here. We had a little trailer, paid for, 2 runnin vehicles, paid for, and was payin less than half in utilities each month than now. We were even offered my Hubby's uncle's place before we moved here. It was 250 acres, 3 barns, 6 fenced pastures, all the heavy machinery to farm with, and a 3 bedroom house. We turned it down because it was gonna be 40 years of house payments to him, then his son, and we didn't want to go into debt like that with the baby on the way.

I'm not into the holiday mood. I'm fightin depression and stressed to the moon right now. We were startin to talk to the guy who owns the plot of land across the street about buyin it. It was gonna double our property and it has a barn on it, is fenced in, and is otherwise clear. We had plans for a milk cow and some goats. This was gonna be pretty close to perfect as far as what we wanted from a piece of property. Now I don't know what's gonna happen.

Ok...Enough depressin rantin. I needed to get alot of that off my chest. Now I need to think about something else for awhile.

I heard alot of you talkin about bakin bread. I've never been very good at it. I did make 2 loaves last week and they turned out perfectly! Ever since Hubby came up with the idea of usin an unused brooder light for risin I've been knockin 'em dead with all my baked goods! I even finally got a perfect batch of cinnamon rolls. I made a big batch because I was afraid to try halvin it. I wound up with 24 rolls that were about 4in x 4in each. I then made up my own icin. I used cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, and powdered sugar. It was rich, sweet, and cinnamony(is that a word?). I know they were really good because when I got up the next mornin they were gone! I had 2 little midnight mice nibblin on them and the big mouse took what was left over to work with him!

I'm researchin grain mills right now. Hubby said I could have anything I wanted for Christmas. I showed him the grain mill I want and he said it would have to be at tax time, but I could have it! It's the Grain Maker Model 99. I also want a grain roller. I found one in the Lehman's catalog that isn't too horribly expensive. He said that might be a good choice for Christmas. I would so love to have fresh, homemade oatmeal!

I've been havin alot of problems with my hips lately. I take white willow bark pills, which by the way has taken care of my neck and bulgin disc pain almost totally, and I use a heat pack that straps on. The muscle relaxers that the dr's keep throwin at me aren't helpin. The pain meds just make me fall asleep. I have a lumbar disc that is out of alinement and has been since I was 17. Usually I can do the stretch a chiropractor taught me and it will pop back and I feel better. The last 2 months it hasn't worked. Even when it pops, it doesn't help. The chiropractor told me it wasn't a permanent fix, but it would buy me a few years before I would need surgery. I don't like the surgery option. It involves puttin a bar in my back and reducin my bendin and turnin ability. Plus, it's no garauntee for the pain problem. I'm tryin to find other options for controllin this. Any suggestions?

Right now I'm just usin the heat pack and hollerin alot. I can't help the hollerin when it spasms or I step or turn wrong. At home the girls and Hubby holler back, which sounds mean, but it makes the littlest one laugh about it instead of gettin scared. It's kinda become a game for her. In public it's just embarrassin, so I stay home most all the time right now. It is kinda funny to watch the cats scatter when I holler. Sometimes they run into the furniture or each other and I have to giggle. I know that's mean, but I'm in pain, so I'll take my giggles where ever I can get them.

I've been on here forever and I've wrote a book, so I'll get off here for now.

I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to everyone. I have gotten so far behind it would take me a week to write it all out!

I have everyone in my prayers and I think of you all everyday. Love you all!!!

I'll make more cinnamon rolls and sneak them out to the porch in the mornin!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  01:43:10 AM  Show Profile
A quick hop on here tonight:

Teacher Tammy...I saw a magazine that reminded me of you. It is on the Magazine Stands right now and it is called

Jane Austin Knits...and it is a Special Edition...so it sells for $14.99 (steep I know) but I still may try to buy
it myself. It is beautifully done. Also, you can go on JaneAustinKnits.com

Glad the butterflies get a special field trip tomorrow...how fun. Charlotte's Web always made my boys cry! They are
big softies like their momma. So, take some kleenex with you! You may have a few tears to deal with.

Angela...goodness girl, you need to come on The Porch more often and then you won't have to write us a Novela every time. LOL
I would be stressed too with all that stuff you got going on. Wow...the MIL thing really is difficult isn't it? I kind of know
how she feels about having so much wrong ...that you just get too overwhelmed to deal with it all and so you shut down
and stick your head in the sand and pray it will all just go away. My hubby has been harpen on me to get in for my mammogram, get
in for my Diabetis Check up and I am just starting in on some major dental work that is going to take some time and commitment
and endurance on my part. It is all stuff I need to keep up on but with the Fibro/Chronic Fatigue, just moving and The Holidays...
I just don't want to deal with it all. So...I know she must be frustraten the dickens out of you but...have a little compassion for
what she must be emotionally going through too if you can. Empathy goes a long way when dealing with people with major health issues.

Penny...glad to see you back on her dear heart. Yeah, just jump in and take up the immediate conversation. Hope you are feeling a
little better. Not fun being sick and exhausted! I rejoiced tonight over just getting a shower that lasted long enough to get my legs
shaved. My life has been so busy and hectic that just doing the simplest thing like shaving my legs...was hard to work into my schedule.
I finally did my Mail-Art today and that is my last Farmgirl Commitment until after the Holidays. Felt good to get those things all
wrapped up...so I can start on doing my Christmas Cards, shopping and all those darn Dr. Apptments. How does Silent Night...Holy Night, translate into all this hecticness? I try to keep it simple and it still gets complicated and overly busy.

Julie...I would love some of those choc. chip cookies, Angela I'll take one of the Cinnamon Rolls too and just everyone heap on the Home-made Bread...cuz I feel some Major Stress Eating Building Up! LOL

Pam...loved the Book Thong. Very Pretty! I would have been digging for those beads before bed...had it been me. Even if I was pretty
sure I didn't have any that large. I'd have to make sure before I went and spent more money. lol

Dianne...I found out that I need retrained before I can retrain Bella (my dog). What ever happened to just having a dog. I don't remember them being so complicated when I was a kid. I didn't know dogs could have seperation anxiety...and that you had to act like a dog yourself to prove to your alpha-female that you are the Pack Leader...not her. I don't want to be a Pack Leader...I just want my dog to act like a nice little house dog...not like a wild animal. I have enough issues...I don't need to deal with the dogs neurosis too. Good Grief! lol

OK My Porchies...it is late and I am dog sitting for my son tomorrow. So, I better get to bed. Wanted to get some of that reading in that
Penny was talking about...but I better hit the sack and just scratch that off my list of indulgences. I think after Christmas...I am going to go treat myself to a facial or pedicure...I need a little pampering...anybody want to join me???

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  07:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all,

Peggy, I never had a facial or pedicure done by anyone but me....I wanta go...lol...I tried going back and find the post about your dog problem but oh me, can't seem to find it...I'm so far behind and feel like I've missed so much that oh well, I will do as you say, just jump in here. Separation anxiety huh? wow.....hope things work out...

Angela, I sure hope things get better for you...seems like you have a lot going on....I wish we could all be there to give you a big farmgirl hug. I hope your pain gets better but sounds like you are going to have to do something about it...my DH broke his back in 85 and had to have a rod put in so I understand why you are concerned. Farmgirl prayers coming your way for all you troubles...

Pam, I also like the book thong, wish I had some beads, would love to try that....maybe when I go shopping next I can pickup some....too cute...and my steel crochet hooks are still packed away....living in a small place hasn't made it easy to unpack the boxes I still have in my storage building...little by little I'm finding all my crafts. I like you post from FB...funny...

Tammy, I am so glad the little butterflies are going to see Charlotte's Web, it was my favorite book as a child....and the movie also made me weepy eyed...

I thank everyone for the goodies, I'm going to be big as a house by Christmas if I ate like this all the time...lol...don't you like virtual food...????

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Well, went to Momma's last night and when I walked in, there was tissue paper all over the place. She'd dug out boxes and bins from the garage and attic and was unpacking them, and of course, Daddy's cat, Lilly (we call her Lizard... long story) was DASHING through the paper like a kitten (she's 9!) and Sam was digging through all the paper to see what was his (he's snobby and 10, but my bottle-fed baby) and Geoffery was on the couch waking up. Hans Hercules was quite confused, but excited. As Momma and I started going through the ornaments, Geoffery decided to help, and TORE through the tissue paper on the floor, landing on his side and kicking it with all his might. I almost had a REALLY cute picture but I forgot my camera at home, when I found Sam lying by the garage door, snuggled into the paper Geoffery had torn up. He finds the most random places to sleep!

Momma had a smaller tree, I think I had gotten it for my bedroom back home, or maybe my office. Either way, not sure where we'll put it, or if we'll even use it at the house. Might take it back to my office. If I don't find a tree I like, I'll be using that little 3 foot!

I started decorating a bit last night while we were watching Sons of Anarchy. Momma had found my USMC Nutcracker in Dress Blues, as well as short stubby nutcracker my Aunt Shirley had bought me before she passed away. Those and some christmas trees and handblown glass ornaments which lost their toppers are on the old art deco bar with the television. Getting there!

And the writing is coming along quite well, thank goodness! I think I finally figured my story out yesterday. It's sort of a steam punk story with a Sherlock Holmes feel, and so far, the "editors" in a writing website I joined this summer are responding QUITE well to it! I never even considered such a genre, but apparently I have a knack for it!

Well, I have been working with loans and notaries since I started this post, haha! And keep getting distracted from the porch! But that's alright. It's been a good day. Just had a LOVELY couple in my office, and now, I've got a mission. The husband had a beautiful Russian style wedding band on and even took it off to let me look at it! I think that's what I would get for Josh. He's mentioned he likes them and this in particular gave me an idea of what to look for.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Now that the cranky mood I was in has turned into one filled with light, I'm ready to get through the day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.tawnycow.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  10:45:01 AM  Show Profile
Angela- I wish your MIL wasn't so boneheaded. Sounds like she's doing everything out of spite because she feels like y'all have wronged her so she is being obstinate just for the sake of being obstinate. The only way I could look forward is to do exactly what you're doing. Stop investing money in that property and start saving for something you don't have to worry about being pulled out from under you. Some relatives just can't help being toxic I guess. My doctor gave me a brochure about Airosti therapy. It's for soft tissue/sciatic nerve pain issues. I haven't gone but it has a good reputation for fast rehabilitation. Thanks for the tip on white willow bark. I think I'll give those a try and see if it helps my back. I don't want surgery either. I hate to see how things will be 20 years from now.

Peggy- Our dog is a bit on the crazy side too. I did an experiment and tried some of the raw food diet for dogs on him and he was much calmer. So now his diet is partly dog food and partly raw foods for the vitamins. We treat him like a dog, too. No doggie clothes or grooming apointments. No brushing his teeth. There are a lot of coworkers that all have little baby dogs and treat them like they are their children. I know it's got to mess with their dog brain.

Today has certainly been an adventure already! We had thought about having some rabbits last June but it didn't come together like we wanted. And it was so terribly hot and dry. I subscribe to Freecycle and yesterday there was a listing for 2 free rabbit cages. I emailed back and this morning I went and picked them up. They need some real scrubbing but it's at least $100 I've saved right there. I replied to an ad on Craigslist for someone who was gifted with 2 bunnies and they are allergic to them. I have a friend who's neighbor raises bunnies so we'll see what happens. Looks like I will be getting my herd of "livestock" after all.

I better run. I'm working on a long eared rabbit hat for an order right now. Ironic, huh?

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:41:29 PM  Show Profile
bwahahaha Julie I had to reread the bunny hat because I thought you were making a hat for the bunnies.... especially after the "doggy clothes" remark I went wait... what? Till I realized what you meant!

And I TOTALLY agree about people treating their animals as children. Granted, we say "Momma and Daddy" when talking to the cat and dog, and I am making a little sweat suit for Penny this Christmas, but only because she's an 8 pound Rat terrier who gets cold easily, not because I think it's cute. I nearly PASSED OUT when I saw a mini skirt and spaghetti strap tank top for DOGS this weekend. our girls get loved on and such, but they are pets, not children. I'm like you, I don't know how those poor animals who are treated like humans cope.

Speaking of animals, Momma has two little "bottle baby" kittens that are just precious. The feral cat had a litter and these two survived, but Momma rescued them from a storm one night and after that, Little Biddy would have nothing to do with them. It's unusual for her because, even being feral, she ALWAYS allowed us to handle her kittens before. Anyway, their little eyes weren't even open, but Momma took them in and started feeding them. They are now the most ADORABLE little babies on earth and I think it's helped Mom with being alone in the house. One is a male, black and white, and one is female, TABBY STRIPED Calico. I can not tell you how long it's been since I've seen one of those! Not even sure where the tabby stripes came from! And what a PRISSY little girl she is!

It suddenly haulted at work. I'm sitting here craving a 7 Up... and waiting for 430 to come so I can go get my dang Christmas tree! Once I do that, I'll clean dishes, start the stew and work on ornaments!

*sigh* but it's only 2:41. I guess I'll write for a while!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  7:32:34 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I get to bring home my new little puppy tomorrow. Jax will be joining our family. So excited about this.

The little butterflies and I enjoyed Charlotte's WEb. Very good. This same theater group is bringing Junie B. JOnes in the spring. They already asked me if we could go.

Peggy I saw that Jane KNit magazine. I can't knit but sure had some pretties in it.

Well I am going to have some tea and then try to sleep even though I am so excited bout new pup.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile
So much going on here! All the baking, mother in lawing and butterflying. Can't say anyone is boring here. Sorry about the pains for some of you. Worried about you gals with back problems.

Tammy, sounds like your butterflies will be quite the theater patrons. Your theater group has some nice stuff going on.

Peggy, I had a very large dog and when he was bad, I grabbed him around the ruff, rolled him over on his side, looked him in the eye and growled at him. You might have to do that kind of thing with Bella. Just be the bigger dog. It may take a while but I bet she gets the message.

Julie, be careful with those bunnies. You might have a whole gaggle of them come spring!

Angela, you do way too much. I worry you'll have another heart attack. You need to do some meditation and learn to be a slacker every once in a while.

Well I told my work I couldn't do the fruit cutting job. I'm scheduled for two more days the end of next week and I told them that was it. I'm still going to do the fruit gift baskets so I will still have a job until Christmas. I'm hoping they will find a more suitable place for me after that. We'll see. They said they have someone that can fill in after my last two days. what a relief it was. It will be nice to feel human again.

Not much else going on. Just work and school. I hope to get back to sewing once my schedule is a little more doable.

BTW all this food on the porch is making me fat! Cut it out!

I hope to have everyone's tea in the mail in the next few weeks. Hope you like it. Peggy, do you have the list? I don't want to miss anyone.

Well, time for bed. No late nights for a while for me.

Stay safe and warm farmgirls.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  06:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Miranda- Hahaha! Now I totally want to make a bunny hat for a bunny!

Tammy- Post pics of your new puppy!

Bunny- Sorry your job is not working out. You know what is best for you. Our plan for the bunnies is to just get familiar with taking care of them over the winter. No babies until late spring or summer. We wouldn't be prepared to house babies before then.

Well ladies. Just drinking some coffee before I head out to the general store to see if they have any bunnies. It doesn't seem like a popular time to find them right now.

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  06:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Julie, I've got rabbits!! Satin rabbits. Super easy to care for. I'm new to them so I'm no expert but I do enjoy them.

Miranda, I'm with all of you. A dog is a dog, a cat is a cat etc. They are not my children. Do I love them? Heck yeah! I've been devestated over the loss of animals but then I prefer animal company to most human company so I guess I get more attached then some. But it doesn't change the fact that they aren't human and they need to be treated like what they are. I think some folk have lost their grasp on reality when it comes to animals.

Bunny, so sorry that your job caused you that much pain. Hopefully you'll be able to work something else out that is satisfactory for both you and your employer.

Tammy, congrats on the new puppy! Pictures, must see pictures.

I feel like a yoyo. One moment I feel like we'e making progress, the next I feel like we're doomed. I guess that's kind of normal. But the pain in my chest isn't much fun.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  07:15:56 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I know what you mean about all this food!! I've gained a few pounds and it's making me miserable :( I was a "svelt" size 10 and miss that SO MUCH!! Gonna work harder at losing this weight!

Julie I'd LOVE To see a bunny hat for a bunny!! Hobby Lobby has their McCalls patterns on sale for 99 cents, and I got three last night... one is pajamas with a pattern for a doggy sweatsuit. I found a remnant of fleece in hunting cammo and I'll trim it in a really pretty peacock color to make it a little more girly, but I think it will be a great early Christmas gift for our lil Penny, especially with the extreme cold coming our way! (I didn't even know about that till I looked out and saw big black clouds rolling in. Our Senior Teller says that we have super cold weather headed in Monday and Tuesday!)

Peggy, I just had to tell you, I had a tiny breakthrough with Josh last night. One of my coworkers had told me about a wedding ring at James Avery... a MEN'S wedding ring... I'd had a couple in my office to do a notary, and liked the husband's ring. Well, long story short, I showed it to Josh and he sort of liked it, but spotted something else on the page he liked better. I knew I had seen a similar one in Black Hills gold but never could find it, so I tried the Zale's website. Well, he picked out no fewer than ten rings, and I think he pretty much fell in love with the last one. He wasn't nervous about the idea at all and seemed a bit more excited about it than usual! Not getting my hopes up, but I think he's beginning to lose his fear! Wish me luck, girls!

Passed the cows this morning, and come to think of it, about half were lying down, which I was always told is a sign of rain. I looked a little further down the pasture and saw three little black calves just wandering by themselves like they were big boys. I had to giggle because, even being cows, they had this look like SHHHHH don't tell Momma I'm over here, I can do it MYSELF!

We got our Christmas tree last night.... found a perfect little 6' fake tree at Walmart with no lights! $20, and I'm going to put red mini lights. I'll have to work almost non stop on sewing the rest of this week through sunday to get the ornaments finished that I want to put on it, but it will be fun! I'll make sure and get pictures. I'm sure the cat will be sitting underneath it. She's decided it's her tree.

Well, I suppose I should get some... work? done.... I do have an audit to run and new acct packs to start, but I forgot it was December first and I HATE starting that audit after the lobby has opened. Inevitably, people waltz in and ask me to help them as I have contracts strewn across my desk with people's personal information. Manners these days!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  08:37:08 AM  Show Profile
Well it warmed up quite a bit. It was raining at my house, freezing rain. I was going to drive in to run a few errands but, changed my mind when the ding bats on the road kept trying to put me into the ditch. Took the van instead. I like my little truck and want to keep it in one piece.

Bunny, praying that they will find something easier and more lucrative for you at the store.

Angela, try to snatch time outs where ever you can. Take a minute to breathe and clear you head and heart out. Blessings.

I love Christmas but in my tiny place it is too much to try decorating. It's difficult to decorate plastic anyway. But I love the holidays and the "reason for the season" is always in my thoughts. Such a wonderful time of year.

Blessings to all the boss is going to call soon and have me do long distance computer stuff. Hugs to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:12:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Beautiful Porchies...it is Cold and Sunny in Vancouver USA today! Love it. We have what they call an
Omega Block keep all rain away for at least a week. Ya-hoo...I am celebrating that!!!! I have Bug-A-Boo coming in just
a little bit to spray inside and outside for Ants. This entire neighborhood we moved into must be one big Ant Hill.
I have tried everything organic I could think of first...as I am NOT a chemical person but all to no avail. When you
get up every morning with a couple hundred sugar ants on your counters...it is not fun!! Anyway...hope he solves the
problem and The Land Lady Is Paying for it.

Bunny...hoping they can put you in another position better suited to both your needs and likes. I emailed you on The
"TeaBag" Ladies.

Miss Miranda...ok, sounds like Josh is thawing on the Marriage and Rings Thing. Good Job on getting him to look at
rings he likes. By the way...I have the same 6 ft. Christmas Tree that you bought. I love it! Just perfect! I wish
I would have bought the one that came with pre-strung lights but Oh, well. Its adorable!

Julie and Kimberly...I agree that dogs are dogs and not children. But I also don't want to have to act like a dog
myself to get them to behave. This whole dog psychology thing drives me nut-so...even more so than people treating
their dogs like babies or children.

Cherime...I bet you are cold and crispy in Alaska. It is so frosty here but vibrantly sunny. Do you get a lot of
sun in Alaska in the winter months? Or is it mostly overcast?

Teacher Tammy...Oh, why did I think you Knit??? I guess I think everyone knits because I do. LOL Anyway...werent
the clothes, gloves, slippers, shawls, etc in the magazine beautiful? I loved it. I don't knit at the level...that I
could do most of those but a few of the simpler ones yes. The gal who taught me to knit however would be able to
knit (skill level wise) all of them. She is amazing!

Pretty Please post pictures of the Puppy! We all want to see Jax. I like the name...where did you come up with that?

OK...Mr. Bug-a-boo is done so hubby and I are off to the post office.

I will check back later Ladies...have a Wonderful Day!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  12:27:50 PM  Show Profile
I picked up the first rabbit. Other than knowing it's white, it's a rabbit, and it's small, like 2 months, I don't know anything else. I'll have to wait for DH to get home to help with holding the bunny and determining it's sex. "It" seems to be settling in nicely. Eating and pooping. Can't wait to try that stuff on the garden. The lady at the store gave me some tips to find another bunny. I should "try people who breed snakes." Eww! There's a couple of other feed stores I can try tomorrow.

Miranda- Way to wear the man down! Lol 7 years ago I had to give mine an ultimatum after dating for 4 years. Told him I was in it for the long haul but if he wasn't going to marry me, because he had been divorced, then maybe it was time to move on. Needless to say, we were married 2 months later. Sometimes they spend too much time worrying about the commitment instead of worrying about what it would be like if we were no longer there.

Peggy- So I guess I won't be sending you a puppy stroller? Hahahahaha It doesn't bother me too much that other people want to dress their pets, it's just not me. I have a chiweenie that we would put a sweater on when he was little to go outside. He used to sleep on the air vents in winter. We used to kid that he was roasting himself like a little hotdog. But he's a "big" boy now and would rather wear a leather jacket if I let him! Anything else and the cats laugh at him. Have you watched Caesar Milan? He has good tips on how to show dominant behavior without acting like a dog yourself. I don't have to pin my dog to the ground, he knows who's boss. Or if he acts up he gets put in his pen and can't hang out with the people. This makes him very sad.

Cherime- I thought we had all the ding bat drivers down here. I hate bad weather drivers.

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  2:25:29 PM  Show Profile
Julie, Josh and I got back a year ago this coming Sunday. We met July of 2010 and dated for a bit, but then separated. We started talking again in October, and he was my date to the company Christmas party. That night when he got home, he texted me saying he had something to tell me. I asked him what it was, and he said he was falling in love with me. talk about water works! He told me back in February or March that he wanted to marry me, but wasn't formally asking. I guess that's one of the things that confounds me is, how can he know he wants to marry me but be too afraid to ask? I'm dealing with it, and, though I don't expect anything overnight, I think he's starting to see, I'm not trying to trap him, I just don't want to be left in limbo.

11 more minutes till I clock out, and I'm off to both Walmart AND HEB (HEB is a major grocery chain here in Texas for those who don't know, and one of Walmart's most bitter enemies, LOL). HEB has better gasoline prices, and I need coffee, TP and a second can of tuna for the casserole. BUT I need Christmas lights from WalMart, which is where I got the first set, so I want them to match.

I got some GREAT patterns for some ADORABLE ornaments, by the way, and when I get home, I'll share the links with everyone! I don't recall if our Walmart has a fabric section, but if they do, I will be raiding it! I've been quite disappointed with the fabric stores lately :( Some of the best fabrics I have ever found were in Walmart dollar bins.

Julie... I have to admit, I tried to get Josh to let me get a Harley jacket for Penny, but he won't let me. I don't think it would fit Pepper Jean the BIG OL' Fluffy Queen. Years ago, we had a member with some sort of Lasa ahpso (sp?) or shi tzu, and he had a pair of riding goggles so he could hang his head out the window and not get hit in the eye with bugs and debris. He was our little mascot in the drivethru, along with the enormous bulldog who would stick his face directly in the camera. Whenever we paged out to greet his owner, all we could see was fog and a wrinkly snout. He was waiting for treats, haha!

Well, porchies, I better get my stuff together so I can clock out and dash out to my truck! If I can get off the phone soon....

Later!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  7:08:40 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to our own sweet Peggy! She has been dubbed "FGOTM" ! For those of you who are new to the forum, that means "Farmgirl of the Month". Yeah Peggy!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!

Miranda...Hubby and I have black hills gold wedding bands. They don't really match, but that's not important to me. His is silver with black hills gold leaves on it, mine is gold and has the 'sweetheart' ring for my engagement ring that matches it. I know how hard it is to pick the right ring!

PEGGY!!!! CONGATS GIRL!!!!!

Kimberly...I wish I was there to give you a squeeze girl! I totally understand marital troubles. It's been a roller coaster ride for us for 14 years, but so far the good times have made the bad worth it. Learnin to work together is hard and has to be relearned many times over. I will be prayin for you guys.

Well, I've had lots of sit down time since my last post. I got into a fight with Hubby on the phone and let my anger get the best of me. I was stompin around gettin ready to go to the store and stomped out the door right into an icy patch. I wound up on my back across the railroad ties that boarder our driveway. Of course that made me more angry, so I went on to the store and did my runnin in town. Then the car started actin funny on the way home, but I wasn't gonna call 'Him' for help. I wound up broke down halfway home in a friends driveway.

By the time I made it home I was limpin, sore, and humiliated. We talked things out, went and brought the car home, put away the groceries, and the Hubby rubbed me down with horse linament. He said I'm bruised all over my back and I have a small lump on the back of my head. I've been too sore to do more than sit and watch netflix.

I look like a mummy with all the heat packs and rice bag warmers draped all over me! I guess I've learned my lesson the hard way!

On the bright side, the spasms have stopped in my back. I guess I straightened whatever was twisted when I fell. Now if the achy bruised areas would stop hurtin I'd feel pretty good.

I have to get started on my Christmas bakin pretty soon. I'm makin cookies and some banana cranberry bread. I'm not sure if I'm gonna do any candy makin this year since it's so time consumin. I may let the girls dip some pretzels or ritz crackers and roll in crushed peppermints.

Well, I'm off to reheat all my packs. Later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:17:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, You ARE Wonder Woman! I just posted on the Stitching Room and came over here to read the good news--Farmgirl of the Month. Congrats and you keep going girl! Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Tea Swap Partners, Did everyone receive their tea from me for the November swap? Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  09:30:15 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...I got mine! Thanks! I just got out my tea stash and I'm gonna make that right now to enjoy durin my restin up this afternoon.

I'm gonna try to post a few pictures later tonight. There is a Santa Train comin to our tiny little town around 5:30. I'm gonna be there with the girls to see it come in and then get a picture with Santa on the train! My littlest has already had her bath and has changed her outfit twice tryin to get ready for santa! LOL! She keeps checkin mommy's purse to be sure the camera is in it over and over agian. I have both sets of batteries chargin and have the memory card cleared out and ready.

The whole family loves trains! This should be a blast!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  3:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Angela- You are a funny girl. I hope you are feeling better soon. Anger is o.k. but it sure makes us do strange things. DH and I call it horse linament, too.

Hey there ladies. Going to try my best to get this posted. There's a fly in the house and I'm the only one home. You would think with the whole house it would find some other place to hang out besides around my head. I guess I shouldn't say I'm the only one in the house. There is Me-Bee, the new rabbit. I didn't name it. Still don't know if it's a girl or boy. We followed the directions/pics on Google and we think it is still too young.

We had quite the adventure yesterday and Me-Bee was nearly gone. After I brought MeBee home and got it settled in its' cage I looked up some rabbit info. They like food. Check. They like water. Check. They like to have some time to run around. O.k. I have a small fenced pen and it should probably do. Out we go. Out there for about a minute and the dog sees MeBee. Well, he circles and circles the pen. MeBee starts zipping around the pen SO fast. And then...MeBee squeezes through the one inch space in the fence and is gone. I'm left in the pen screaming for the dog not to eat MeBee. I get out of the pen and am running after them (high speed chase scene music). Now MeBee is screaming and running zigzag and the dog is keeping up and never let's it get away from him. And then.............
The dog swats MeBee down and MeBee stops moving. Oh no! Google said that they can be scared to death. Did the dog bite MeBee? Is MeBee dead? I go over and pick MeBee up and MeBee is alive! Not hurt at all. So my dog was doing what he always does with the cats. Herding MeBee. Well, the dog got plenty of lovin and some special dinner for saving the day. MeBee is back in the cage and isn't allowed back outside till I put a solid wall around the entire pen. Here is a pic of that rascally rabbit.

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  7:15:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi all
I'm Nan and I live on the Central Oregon Coast. I just had a dinner of MJF instant chili, plus I made some blackberry cobbler using the MJF mix. And i'm very pleased. It tasted good, and I'm cooking again, more or less. I'm trying to get back into the habit of cooking again. Tomorrow I plan to set up a long pot downstairs and take a bunch of cuttings from several geraniums, some scented. And to pot some narcissus bulbs to force inside. And maybe some other stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  7:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Can't talk much just wanted to touch basis so nobody sends the Porch MPs after me. :D God got a hold of me today. I lay broken and humbled at His feet. Lord willing He will now rebuild me and give me His peace.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  9:02:45 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME NAN!...You will love the Porch! All the women here are amazing and wonderfully friendly and welcoming. Come often and stay
as long as you want. There is always room on the Porch...so pull up a rocker or porch swing and kick off your cow-girl boots and
relax.

Kimberly...God only does with us...what we need! He loves us too much to leave us the way we are. When He prunes us...he shapes
us into something more beautiful.

Julie...MeBee is so beautiful. I am allergic to rabbits (infact most Farm Animals)...some Farmgirl I make huh? lol Anyway,
I will admire from afar!

Dianne...I got my tea too farm sister...Thank You So Much! Yummy!

Angela...the Santa Train sounds like fun...can't wait to see the pictures.

Mel...Thanks for Congrats on the Farmgirl Of The Month! It was a real surprise.

Miss Megan...your pretty snowflake ornament finally found it's way to my
new house. Thank You So Much!

Bunny...hope you are OK! Worried about you over working and then being laid up
in pain.

Well, more later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2011 10:49:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  9:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kim, I love that! HE will rebuild you better & stronger than before, & give you peace as well! I'm so happy for you! Things will get better for you!

Hi Nan, welcome to the Porch! Your supper sounds great! I had scrambled eggs (again....3rd time this week!), but I don't have anything to put on them besides hot sauce right now...so they're kinda plain & blah.

Julie, glad to hear MeBee's alright. Not nice of him/her to give you a heart attack already! That's good that your dog is such a good herder, and didn't hurt the bunny!

Natesgirl, it's crazy what anger can make us do, isn't it? Glad your back is better....and I hope the rest of you heals up quick too!

Well, my Kinette group had to do "entertainment" for a Christmas party tonight. First time we'd done anything like it, but it turned out alright. We did a murder mystery/Clue type game that was a big hit, then a "snow ball fight" (with balls of paper, b/c we have no snow! Not to mention the fact that we are inside too!), "Melt the iceberg" (frozen water in a bottle), and "Snowman" where you have to wrap someone in toilet paper to resemble a snowman. The women did awesome for that one! lol And it wasn't even that late when we got back home. Now I'm hungry, but lazy & thinking I should just go to bed. Tomorrow's going to be a busy day...we're going to the "city" for the Portraits of Honour (http://www.portraitsofhonour.ca/), then to do a bit of shopping for Christmas stuff. At least, I hope so! Have a good night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page