Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  11:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, are you the Designated Daughter? I was. I lived my old mum until she died -- I was the logical person to be with her. (Don't get me wrong, I was there 17 years in our family home, and only the last couple required care, and then not much.)But it sounds like you left your home? Are your kids grown and gone?
I'm sorry you had a terrible Christmas. I loved mine. I was very tired after several weeks of being very busy with work, work at church (new computer aargh), rehearsals for chorus class and chorale,performances. So after church it was wonderful to sack out on the couch and sleep. And then eat and go to bed and sleep.

What a nice lady who took care of your son's friend's cat. It's so very hard to lose them. I have lost a couple in the last few years. I'll pray for her. And for you and your mother.

I wondered if there were some way I could help with the graphic for your brochure. It depends on it's origin and the size and content of the file, but maybe I could do something. Is it fuzzy, or weird colors?

Good for you for starting a pet sitting service. I hope the rest of the week is better.
Blessings and waves to all of you.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  11:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Nan thanks for the kind words. I'm not the designated daughter. I lost my house and closed my business in California due to the economy last year and had no where else to go, plus I have 4 cats. Not many options at the time. My hope to is to be on my own in 4 years. Two years for school and two years to put away money for some land and a tiny house. Hopefully something I can pay cash for. I'm going to school full time and the pet sitting business is a way to earn a little money around my school schedule.
The graphics were just too much for a business card. I couldn't center them to print properly with my business card template. I'm actually OK with the look. It is simple but colorful enough to attract attention. I do everything in publisher or word 2010.

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Well, those are huge life changes, that's for sure. What are you taking in school?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  12:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Nan, I'm taking accounting. I figure no matter what, the world always needs bookkeepers and such. I probably won't do a 4 year as I'm 54 and need to get working again. I don't have any retirement to fall on in the future. It is something I could even do as a business at home along with the pet sitting. Between them, I could possibly make a living almost anywhere.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  12:41:34 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon sweet things,
I am finally able to come to the porch and say hello. My dear family was here for Christmas and it was lovely. today I took down the tree and put the house in order. Jax is most happy with that. All the company made him a bit nervous. He has not let me out of his sight today. Just love that pup.

Christmas was very nice except for our hot water heater quit. So that meant boiling water and no showers. That was a tad hard with 25 people in my house and only one batheroom. But we made it work. They were able to fix it this morning first thing. So now this Madame Butterfly is happy.

I got a new cookware set and a new tea kettle so I was very happy. My old tea kettle leaked but I am old fashioned and like making tea that way. Step daughter thinks I new a machine and I am like no not me. So I got a a new tea kettle that sings lovely songs to me when ready to pour. I am itching to look for some new teas but for today I am having apricot.

Angela the baby is darling.

Pam love the quilt and of course I think the color is awesome.

Well ladies I am off to read a new book and have a pot of tea.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  1:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I admire you for being able to do accounting. I'm arithmetically impaired, and tho I help out at church with QuickBooks and deposits and stuff, I also spend a lot of time fixing the mistakes I make.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, God Bless you and I do understand that the holidays can be hard.
Tammy, sounds like even with the hot water heater deciding to die, it was a good Christmas for you.
Nan, I cannot manage Quickbooks. Sounds like you know more than you know.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  3:11:14 PM  Show Profile

Just had to share with everybody. I un-molded the soaps and I think they look awesome. The color didn't show well but it's a nice creamy white. The pachoulli scent is light and not overpowering. Not bad for only being my second batch :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, the soaps look Awesome! You are so good at this. If you found a 60's flower power like mold, you could sell them on Etsy.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  12:23:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....
What a day! The weather change is kicking my backside.
The rain really does a number on the Fibro. My DH and I were going to run errands today and after three quick stops...he looked and me and said, "I can tell you are in a lot of pain, we better take you home." He was right. He dropped me back home and he finished the errands. I went to bed.

Bunny...glad you got to talk to your guys. The cat situation was sad...however. We do love our pets like children. Today my Mother was yelling at me, "Why don't you train your dogs to quit barking?
(They were just barking at a squirrel in our back yard.) You need to smack them on the nose with newspaper and they will learn to shut up." I said, "Mom I don't believe in hitting my animals nor does our Vet." Then she went on a 10 minute rant. I just love the fact that my mom still treats me like I am 10....instead of 60.
She lives in Spokane...so when she gets on one of those jags I just cut the phone conversation short. lol

Pam...the quilt for your neice turned out very cute. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hi Teacher Tammy...I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas despite the Hot water Heater and bathroom problem. ~ Is your new Tea Kettle Red by any chance? I want a cute little Red One. My silver one doesn't whistle anymore for some reason and so I need to replace it as I tend to put it on to heat and then walk off and do 10 other things. Not good!

Hi Nan and Cherime...I like the old fashion way of doing the light book-keeping....with a Ledger. lol I tried Quick Books one time and I wasn't fond of it. My DH loves it however. We each have our favorites and sometimes we just don't want the new fandangled system. lol

RSF Tammy...Oh your snowflake soap came out so pretty. I would order some from you but I don't like Pachoulie (sp) oil. If you make it in any othe scent let me know. It turned out so pretty!!! ~ I bought a really pretty Rose Mold to make Goat's Milk Soap in or Glecerin soap but haven't done it yet.

Well, leaving some Hot Chocolate with Marshmellows on the Porch tonight and some Banana Nut Bread....and I am off to dream land.

Oh, before I forget my son bought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I LOVE IT! But think I am going to keep my other Kindle Reader too because it is a lot lighter for reading. The Fire does everything except act as a cellphone. It is pretty awesome.
I am so spoiled by my youngest Son. He also got me a beautiful Vintage Floor Lamp for my room....and a ton of other stuff. But those two things are my favorite! I told him that he shouldn't spend so much $ on me...and he says, "Mom, every birthday you had and every Christmas when family would send you $ you always spent it on us kids...you never spent it on yourself...so, now its your turn." I told him I spent it on them because I wanted to...he said, "Like wise!" At least I raised a son with a very giving heart...even though I wish he would spend his money on himself and his girlfriend more...than on me.

OK...off to bed. More sharing later....

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
I just got back from cleaning my classroom up and mailing thank yous to my little butterflies. They need real mail I think. So I can enjoy the rest of my holiday off.

Peggy~ my teakettle is purple and I love it. I am getting the updated Nook Touch. My nook I have now is the first edition and is not working very well. I got some Christmas money so hubby said I could update mine. I am rather excited since I take my nook everywhere. I am currently reading a Laura Childs Tea shop mystery. Very good so far.

It is beautiful weatehr here. Jax and I went for a short walk. I gave him a bath last night and he looks like a fluff ball. It is about time to give him his first haircut. I am not sure how he will like that. He did not take kindly to a bath. I got a talking to about that from him. I laughed. He is so funny.

well ladies left you some a tray of strawberries and strawberry tea. Enjoy.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:42:51 PM  Show Profile
I do believe that Cherime has a birthday today doesn't she? If so:
Happy Birthday Cherime!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Cherime! Hope you have a good one.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Cherime...happy Birthday Dear Heart!!!! Hope it is a Beautiful One...full of spunk and liveliness
just like you! I admire you from afar! You are just the kind of gutsy woman I like!

Teacher Tammy...oooowwwwweeeeee a Purple Tea Pot...lovely, that would be my next color choice...but
I haven't even seen them. Thanks for the Strawberries and Strawberry Tea. ~ Didn't Jax look like a
skinny litte rat when you bathed him??? They have so much hair that you forget how tiny they actually
are under all that hair. lol ~ I also saw that you signed up for the Farmgirl Bible Study...yahoo, we
will finally be in a Bible Study together! I recommend this upcoming study for anyone interested. It
starts in January. Just go to the "Over The Fence" Forum and look for the Bible Study Thread. The first
study will be on "Knowing the Will of God". Great subject matter. The great thing is...if you work or have very busy days...you can jump on any time day or night and participate.

Hi Judy...My Doozie friend! By the way...I still can't open the Jackie Lawson Cards for some reason. So,
don't waste your time sending them to me. Though knowing you I am sure they are ALL great.

Well, it is going to be a Pajama Day for me again. Still fighting the pain and it is pouring rain out.
Had to take both my dogs out to go potty and we all three nearly drowned! lol

More later my lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I think we are in for quite a bit of rain. Hopefully we won't need boats at the end of the week.

I have pretty much spent the day in bed with my computer. I finished all my "legal" papers for my business. I have my contact info, pet info, vet emergency agreement and finally the actual contract. I did find out I have to get a permit to operate a home based business... no biggie, only $35.00.

Then I spent the day outlining a fantasy book I want to write. It was fun! Now I just have to start writing the first book.

Kitties are all snuggled in my bed. One under the covers and 3 on top. I have to keep the ones on top from stepping on the one underneath. They can't figure out why that bump in the bed growls when you step on it.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  8:25:52 PM  Show Profile
What a great day! I'm encouraged. I worked today and got very tired, and very irritated by our 50 year old chart system. Going to bed.
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  8:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Rosefairiemom Tammy - it has an electric light on it...if you look close, you can see the cord coming out of the bottom/back. When I picked that particular thing to paint, I didn't realize it had reindeer & Santa & the sleigh - I thought it was just the "candle" & the base, and I was fine with it! I like it though. We tried using a tea light in it, but there aren't enough holes or a hole in the top to keep it cool. I didn't want to hurt it/break it with the tealight. ~~I love how your soaps turned out - they look amazing! I have a melt & pour diy soap thing to do (was going to do it this year, but totally ran out of time).

Tea Lady Tammy - I really need to email you! Your purple kettle sounds wonderful! I, too, like the whistling ones :).

Sounds like everyone has had a good Christmas - well, except for the ones that were by themselves :(. It's really too bad we couldn't all get together & have a group Christmas :). That would be fun.

Well, I'm thinking I should go to bed soon...we're leaving for my brothers' place tomorrow, and I don't know what time we're actually leaving at. My mom, sister & niece have to drive here first, pick us up, then we're headed to Minot for a bit of shopping before going the rest of the way to their place. I made my nephew go to bed early (haha - if you call 9:30-9:45 early for an 8 year old!) & had to go to my room to fold laundry. On a good note, it's put away (well, the laundry from today lol). We're sleeping on the hide-a-bed because he "never gets to".

Hope everyone has a safe & happy new years!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  04:53:45 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies,
Im Ruthie and Im new on this post. Let me tell you alittle about me. Im married to a wonderful man for almost 24 years and we have 1 wonderfully sweet daughter that's in college. And then there's my baby. My 10 pound dog named Little one. Who daughter is very jealous of, She told the dog not long ago just wait Little One in 15 years when you off to college you'll be replaced. I had all I could do as not ot laugh at her. As far as a job I wear many hats. I take of an elderly lady, work as a nnay and write curriculum for a home day care. My most favorite job of all is my nanny job. My kids are super. Never a dull moment here with a 11 year old,4 year old and a 1 year old.
Besides working I enjoy crocheting,papaer crafts,making things from clay and felt. I like most any craft. I do want ot learn to sew better. I like to cook,bake and read recipes as well gardening. Besides that these I spend time sorting,getting rid of and packing things as were getting ready in the next to sell our house in Northwest Indiana and move to southern Indiana out in the country were we will build on our 10 1/2 arces. I then want to have chickens,goats,sheep and even a couple small painted horse. I hope everyone has a great day!!!!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  08:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone

I am way behind. I am reading through and adding to my sticky note as I go. I had kids here from Christmas Eve through to the day after Christmas. It was wonderful. It did take me a full day to get my house back in some kind of order though. I have no idea how I kept up when they were all living at home! At least I do not have to go back to work till the 4th of January. Gives me time to put away and find my craft room. I foynd a quilt that i put tigether and never quilted! That will need to get done this year.
Love the pics of the bunnies. I loe to watch them and all their crazy stunts. I think that is why we got bunnies. I need to trim mine but it has been cold , so I am waiting a little longer.

Kimberly that is a wonderful pic and what a fun memory it will be.
Julie I loved that article ond the pot of beans. Mother Earth is one of the mags I like to read.

Angela prayesr for your little sister and your DD.

Judy that is a nifty stocking. My two DD's and I are planning new stockings for next year. It will probably take all year to get them done. LOL

Angela He is adorable! I am glad mom is bouncing back after everything she went through.

Pam that is a beautiful quilt. I love purple.

Tammy those are great looking soaps. I don't think mine ever look that good. But they are fun to make. Did you make them from soap base melts or from scratch?

Cherime Hope you birthday was awesome. Thanks for sending us your storm. LOL We finally had a little, very little, snow!

Ruthie weelcome to the porch. Pull up a rocer and sit a spell.

I think I have read through and cought up with most everyone. If i missed something I am sorry. I was hoping for more time with my time off. LOL I did take most of yesterday off after finding my craft room. Now I can acctually get something done.
Christmas was crazy but fun. Lots of family and friends. The new year looks promising. We are praying for our own piece of land. We are making plans for what we want to do.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  09:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies, I had a great B day. Change in the air. I will be working part time for the guys and who know what is going to happen at the end of next summer.

Tammy GREAT looking soaps.

Dew I hope you get the snow we are getting now. Light, fluffy and buckets of it.

Thanks Peg. Blessings to all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  09:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ruthie, sounds like you are a busy lady. Our porch is a wonderful place to visit. Everyone is supportive and kind. Hope to see you here often.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME RUTH ANN glad that you found The Porch! You won't find more Wonderful Farmgirls than
right here. We just have a lot of sharing and encouraging that goes on here. Never a dull moment
and never lacking for funny stories. You can also vent and rant here and nobody will think you are
weird or messed up. The Porch is a Safe Haven! Some come in the mornings, some come at night,
some come off and on all day long...but there is always room for one more on The Porch.

More later girls I am off to Brunch with my Son.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  11:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy happy birthday Cherime!!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  11:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hey girlies!! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a great New Year! I want to thank Bunny and Dianne for the teas and Bunny for the tea pouch too. I'm so sorry ladies, I didn't make it here sooner to let you know I got them. But I have enjoyed them very much! I miss you all so much and hope to get back to visitng regularly real soon.

Love you all,
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ Etsy~http://www.etsy.com/shop/theflourishingfinch

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  1:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! I'm having a great week here. I built an outside fireplace/fire pit/BBQ thing. It's on page 102 of Mother Earth News. Here's a pic. Super easy and fast and cost $30.

It works great and will last me longer than the round fire pits at the store. If I like where it is I will mortar it and maybe put on a rock or brick facade. I made a fire in it last night and I didn't even have to use a Duraflame log! Heehee

I'm also DONE with 2011. I'm busy getting ready for 2012. Changed part of my banner on my blog and wrote a post. I bought some new journals and some clearance priced books for $2 about large needle knitted afghans and Treasury on American Quilts. I picked up a book at the library to start my 2012 reading list. I'm going to go outside and do a sketch of the garden and figure out which seeds will go where. I divided my seeds up into which ones can go in the ground now, which ones I can start inside now, and which ones I can plant after the last frost.

I'm looking for one more bunny and have a reply from a lady who says if the first person doesn't take them then I am next in line. There's one more ad for a rehome of a potty trained bunny too.

I signed up for a 4 session bee keeping class. I'm 3rd on the wait list. The lady said historically people drop out and everyone on the wait list gets in the class. Crossing my fingers because I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Hope you all have a great week and weekend. I will probably see you next year!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page