Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....

DH and I had our Dr. appointments today. I think DH was afraid that I was going to tell Doc. about his dream the other night...so, he told him instead. We all had a good laugh over it. Makes you wonder why? you dream such stupid things sometimes. LOL

Julie...the beans sound good too. Hope you had some left over bread to go with it. I am allergic to all beans except green beans. I still use to eat them when I was younger and was forced to by my mom. She made really good Navy Bean Soup with Hamhocks. I loved how yummy they tasted but they gave me intense gas and intense migraines. I have some really weird food allergies...but it isn't fair to be allergic to stuff that tastes so scrumptious.

RFM Tammy...did you get that job that you had applied for???

Bunny & Judy...I have never had peppermint ice-cream but is sounds good. Eat some for me too ok. This time of year I love the White Peppermint Mocha Coffee's. I probably drink as many of those as you two eat in ice-cream. Love them!!!

Well it is cold and beautiful here. So sunny and crisp out. Last night DS and Future DIL and I went driving around looking at Christmas Lights. It was a bit foggy out...but it just made the lights look even more Magical.

It was a fun evening.
But tonight...I hope to just plop in front of the TV and fireplace and knit.

Can't believe that Christmas is just a few days away. I still have a tiny bit of shopping to do. Will probably finish up tomorrow.

More later girls....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 22 2011 2:41:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  6:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm jealous you got to drive around & look at the lights. We used to do that when we were kids, but now there aren't so many, and the really nice ones that were there are a good hour away from Mom's. So that tradition has kind of been non-existent for a few years.

RFM Tammy - Sorry to hear that "light sabre fight" was getting to you - that's not fun!

FarmDream Julie - I love Mother Earth News! It's such a good magazine - I subscribed to it for my future farm lol.

Megan & Bunny - I am feeling so much better, thank you! I don't know what it was, but there has been a flu or two going around work lately...so I probably caught it there :s.

Oh I'm so thankful to be done work for 10 days! It's great! Of course, right now, I'm a little bit behind in my time....so I keep thinking it's earlier than it actually is! That's what I get for getting home late from work! Not that I was really that late at work, it was going uptown & buying some Christmas presents that I wanted.

So if I was smart, this is what I would be doing tonight:
  • gluing Mom's ceramic pieces together to wrap tomorrow (but I have to wait to hear back from Joan about if I can, what glue to use & if I can actually glue it before she drills a hole for the cord....)

• making hot chocolate mix

• wrapping presents that need to be wrapped

• ironing my niece's quilt squares so they are ready to sew tomorrow

• cleaning the coffee table/couch/computer area, and the kitchen table

• make a list of things I need to take with me to Mom's

• pack for Mom's

• Christmas cards

Oh & wait for my sister to call me back....for what I'm not sure. But anyhow.

I got another Christmas present last night. A 1 1/2 quart slow-cooker & some Chicken Poop lip balm (http://www.ilovechickenpoop.com/). (To tell you how tired I was last night, I think I laughed at the Chicken Poop name for about 10 minutes!) Despite its name, it is actually really nice lip balm :). I was quite excited about it lol. (Can you tell I work with 2 & 3 year olds? The things that make me excited these days! lol) Of course, the fact that I had finished the ceramic light/lamp/decoration thing for Mom was a relief too. I worked straight through, from about 7:15 til about 10:30. But it looks really awesome! I will definitely post a picture either later tonight or tomorrow!

Well ladies, I think I better get some food so I have a bit of energy for my giant to-do list tonight...let's hope I can get it done!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  9:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!!!

I've been gone for 3 days now. I've been runnin between 2 hospitals. My little sister was in one for an emergency hysterectomy. She has endometriosis and her uterus was beginnin to split from the softenin of the disease. It was the same day my DD's dr decided to try inducin her labor. Which didn't work, but took 3 days to completely stop, so she couldn't leave.

It's been a horrible and endless 3 days of drivin back and forth to hospitals 40 minutes apart and comin home with no grandbaby and the loss of what was supposed to be the go ahead for a new niece or nephew. The dr had been workin with my little sister to control her problems and prep her for one last baby before removin her parts. Niether of them realized the treatment was only maskin her symptoms and allowin the endometetriosis to run rampant.

It's been very emotional and hard on the whole family. And we get to go through half the mess all over agian next tuesday! They are gonna try the inducin thing agian then.

I'm just feelin very overwhelmed and disgusted.

I was supposed to spend this whole week bakin and wrappin presents with a few shoppin trips inbetween, not sittin in hospitals and tryin to take care of 2 very upset, very sick, very scared people. I was so lookin forward to a quiet, relaxed week. We had a family Christmas party planned that had to be canceled till the weekend and I haven't gotten any of the cookie boxes ready or any of the desserts done for the Christmas dinner.

My sweet Hubby spent quite a bit of time tonight makin pie crusts and preppin the dry ingredients for several batches of cookies and brownies. I was very touched since he has had as little sleep as I and he had to work today and has to be at work by 7am tommorrow. He should be off work by 4 and he said he wanted to come home and start on the pies then. I was not expectin him to help, but he insists he wants to.

I am so far behind on the porch postins I will have to catch up tommorrow. I think of you all and pray for you all daily.

I had Christmas cards all ready and addressed to send out, but I came accross them tonight while diggin out my kitchen table. I'm sorry I didn't get them sent out. I have them put away for next year, so you all will get yours first!

I'm off to change the laundry agian. Tryin to finish the housework tonight so tommorrow is clear for bakin and gift wrappin! Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  05:47:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela, that's such a hard, emotional week for you! I'm so sorry this happened, and especially at Christmas! {{{hugs & prayers for you}}} I have to say that I don't know why doctors are always so gung-ho about inducing people. The baby will come when it's ready. Unless there is something endangering Mom & baby, then I think they should just leave well enough alone. If it's that bad, then do a c-section, in my opinion. But that's just me. (My sister had her second baby induced & she - the baby - ended up passing away 20 days later, due to an extremely rare heart defect. Not saying that it was because she was induced, but I'm sure that it didn't help any. And maybe if baby had been left alone & left to come on her own time, she would still be with us. We'll never know.) That's very nice of your hubby to be making pies & all. My dad would never think of being able to do that on his own...he'd get one of us girls to do it first.

Ok, ladies, since I didn't get anything done last night (well except a batch of hot chocolate for my nephew), I'm extra busy today - better go get started! Have a good day all!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  07:04:56 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. It's going to be a nice quiet day since I'm the only one working today :O) I brought my coupons to go through, weed out the expired ones and sort the new ones that I cut out and haven't gotten filed yet. I also brought along my afghan I stopped working on a while back and the yarn for the man's socks if I decide to start those. In the event that doesn't keep me busy I also have a couple magazines and a book LOL

PeggyAnn - Still haven't heard. It's not surprising with the holidays.

Bunny - Peppermint ice cream is a fave of mine so that works really well for a reward too :O)

Angela - How awful! It always seems this stuff comes in waves doesn't it? I'm against induction having had it with my forth. It's nasty. The thing was I was in labor when I arrived but because my baby had been breech at the last checkup they didn't bother checking to see if he had changed position (which he had) and they dumped so much medication into me that my labor totally stopped before the doctor finally showed up and did an ultrasound to find out they should have just left me alone. They really really need to let nature take its course on its own. It's all about making it easy on themselves. Lord forbid a baby decide it wants to be born during Christmas dinner and inconvience them. It's almost like pregnancy is a disease to be gotten through as quickly as possible and with as little inconvenience to the doctors as possible. Anybody else notice that?

Today I need to buy a couple things for the man's family's get together tomorrow. It's an Asian theme this year. I'm taking pancit which is actually a Phillipian dish with noodles but they won't know the difference lol. I think I'll pick up a turkey breast for us to have on Sunday. Seems a waste of time to cook such a big meal for just the two of us.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  09:17:45 AM  Show Profile
Pam, there is a really cool website you can find out what glue to use. It is www.thistothat.com. You just choose what you are gluing to what you are gluing it to and it tells you what glue to use.... whoo does that make sense? Anyway, check it out.
After Monday I also get some time off. I don't go back to school until January 9. So hopefully I'll get to do some sewing and feeling normal for a few weeks. Three more days of work!

Angela, so sorry about all your drama. I hope everything ends up good. What a trauma for everyone involved. Sounds like a wonderful man to do your baking for you. Not too many in this world would even offer. Hang in there.

Peggy, how nice to see the Christmas lights with family. I remember when I was little we did that every year. There were some pretty amazing displays if I remember. I have had plenty of peppermint ice cream for the season. Probably ate your portion already.

Mom's home from surgery. The first two days are a little tough. She is getting over the anesthesia and that takes a while. Other than that, she is pretty much sleeping it off. I have to work until 8pm tonight so she is on her own until then. I put easy to fix food out as she only has one arm to use. The other is in a sling.
I got an order for 50 kits of my little snowbird ornaments for next year. I'm giving her a discount of course but it's a little extra money I can look forward to.

Not much else going on. Enjoy the holidays after that it's just cold. Saying prayers for those having a hard time.
Later, farmgirls

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  7:39:43 PM  Show Profile
I have chicken poop lip balm too! hahahaah Isn't that the funniest name? I love that it's so creamy and lavender-y!lol
We use to drive around and look at the Christmas lights the week before Christmas too. When we got back home we'd sit at the foot of our driveway and look at our own house and Daddy would say the same thing every year..."Well now, that's the prettiest house I think we've seen tonight. I wonder who lives there?" Oh how I miss Daddy! (Merry Christmas Daddy)....who is with me in my heart!
I love peppermint ice cream because of the candy bits in it...*crunch-crunch* mmmmm
I got DH's Christmas stocking done. I got the fabric for next-to-nothing at Goodwill. DH is an ex-Army guy and loves green so this fabric was perfect.

It's 29 inches long,has a 15 inch foot and an 11 inch top.Big 'nuff for tools!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 23 2011 7:42:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Judy...got a kick out of your dads comments on the Christmas Lights....because when we got home the
other night, I thought to myself...Wow, my Neighborhood is one of the best we saw! LOL

Loved DH stocking. That ought to fit those power tools just fine!

Today I am mad at my DH...I think he was trying to purposely P- - - me off this morning. (xcuse the french),
But every night before I go to bed...I pick up my house. I make sure all dishes are picked up and loaded
in the dish-washer with the dinner dishes. I pick up any craft I was working on. Pick up all my hubbies
"stuff" and the dogs stuff...so that when I wake up in the morning I am not facing a mess. (that will for sure make me grumpy right off the bat.) Well, my husband got up in the middle of the night and OH, NEED I SAY MORE! Lets just say it is a good thing he is sleeping still!!! But...He is getting coal in his stocking tomorrow for sure! lol

Pam...the chicken poop lip balm sounded gross...until I clicked on the link you gave and read up about it.
I just might have to order me some of that!

Angela girl...you sure have a life full of drama. I can hardly fathom all of that going on at the same
time. Reminds me of watching Father of the Bride Two...only with no humor. I am praying for you all and
hope that God gives you a couple of days of Peace just to celebrate Christmas. Tell your hubby he rocks
for helping you and trying to ease the load on you. Not many men would do that.

Bunny...you are probably counting down the days now until no more Fruit cutting and basket making.
Hope this operation for your mom...does the trick and that she heals up quickly. Praying that you
hear for your boys even if you can't see them this Christmas.

RFM Tammy...does DF's family always do a themed Christmas? I have never heard of that before...sounds
like it could be pretty interesting.

Cherime...Merry Christmas to Our Alaskan Farmgirl!

Well, our Christmas Eve Day here is sunny and bright and not very cold...but next week
we are warming up and going to our typical weather...RAIN! Yuck! I have soooooo enjoyed
this balmy and dry December. It has been great for the Fibro.

I got a Christmas Card from Darlene Riboldi...and she is having a very rough go on the
second round of Chemo Therapy. On her last Treatment she went into anaphyalctic shock...
and had 6 nurses trying to pull her through it. It was a very serious episode. She has two
more Chemo Treatments to go and then 6 1/2 weeks of radiation to look forward to. So, if
The Spirit brings her to your heart and mind...please continue to uphold her in prayer. She
will covet that. Keep our Margo in your prayers too as she faces her battle with Breast
Cancer too.

Makes me so happy that my recent Mammogram was good ...but my heart truly goes out to those
who are not so lucky or blessed.

Well, off to do something! Not sure what but hugs to you all! And Merry Christmas Girls!!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:22:47 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas All!

I'm so far behind with the posts I think I'm ahead!!! Thanks to all the kind comments on our Bavarian Family picture. No I didn't make the costumes, they were supplied by the photographer. I LOVED wearing that dirndl and it just made me want one even more. So.... I asked my Mom if she wanted to make me one. ;) I think she's going to! Went on eBay and found some really nice ones from Germany for $150. But it would mean more to me if my mom made it. Makes it an heirloom then doesn't it?

My kids, and I must admit to it as well, are over the moon excited for tomorrow. I love seeing their joy. Baked an Angel Food Cake so we can have a Birthday party for Jesus today. Gonna make two pumpkin pies too, Christmas meal wouldn't be complete without pumpkin pie!!!

Just got in the house. My Christmas gift to my goats..... a clean barn! My hubby laughed at me when I told him what I was going to do today, shovel manure. He informed I sure knew how to party. But hey, my Lord and Saviour was born in a stable so maybe He'd like it if my animals had a nice clean straw for His Birthday. :) Besides, he's outside right now preparing our pasture to be seeded..... what can I say, we're country folk!

Tomorrow morning I'm teaching Children's Church. I plan on saving enough time for a little Birthday party for Jesus there too (made two Angel food cakes just for that very reason). The Christmas pageant was a success! I'm so relieved. Thank you to all of you who were praying for me as I was WAY out of my comfort zone.

I wish all my farmgirl sisters a blessed, peaceful, joyful Christmas.

HUGS

Kimberly

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:55:02 AM  Show Profile
Blessings to all!
Angela praying for you.
Rum balls on the porch table with eggnog, warm.
Hugs.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  2:24:13 PM  Show Profile
My Porchies...

PLEASE READ MY LATEST BLOG POST!

Joy and Christmas Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Nice website Bunny.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  6:10:13 PM  Show Profile

Peggy, I had one day left taking apart all the unsold baskets and the manager came and asked please if I would work one more day cutting fruit. They didn't have anyone Jan 5th and looked at me with sad eyes... so I said yes. Just one more day. Auh... I can do it. At least I'll have plenty of days to heal up before school starts.

Nan, thanks for the nice compliment. Hopefully it will make me a little money.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  8:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah! To all our lovely porchies.

Blessings and Prayers to ALL!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2011 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas everybody!!! Decided to jump on the man's computer while he was gone so I could post. I hope everybody has an enjoyable day.

The man did good this year as usual. He gifted me with a new emersion blender for soap making along with some oils for a soap I've been wanting to try. He also gifted me with a gift certificate to a yarn store that I enjoy shopping at. Oh, and I can't forget the dark chocolate covered cherries either :O)

I bought him a gift certificate to Bass Pro Shop, an electric wine opener (huge hit), and a book on blacksmithing which was the biggest hit. He's always said he knows he was a blacksmith in another life and wished he could learn the skills so finding this book was awesome.

Well I need to get some things done before he gets back. I hope everybody has an enjoyable day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  09:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!!

I missed Christmas. Sorry. I was super busy runnin between the hospital and home tryin to be there for my oldest and make sure Santa didn't forget my youngest.

Kodi Dean St Clair! Born December 25, 2011 at 9:13am. He was 19 inches long and 6lbs 10oz. He's healthy and perfect and so quiet and peaceful it's amazing. His mommy did great through the whole thing and is bouncin back really well. I'm just here to put supper in the crockpot and gather her some things, then I'm back to the hospital.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! I'm off for gramma snuggles! Bye!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Angela, what a Christmas present! What a cutie pie. Offhand, I can't think of a better Christmas.

Peggy Ann, you are a Red PErson! Me too. Red is my favorite color. Your blog is terrific. I liked your list of frivols. (But you live in Vancouver, and I live on the Central Oregon Coast, and so I pondered the skinny dipping part, thinking of the necessity of warmth. Well, for that matter, to swim outside. I guess we could go inland, it's warm there.)

I have a few days off, finally. I spent Christmas morning at church running the sound board and helping the new computer person with the new and peculiar software (we're booth dwellers, mostly). Then I came home and hit the couch and slept, and woke up to eat something, and then went to bed and read and then slept. I was tired.
But it was a good Christmas. I have ignored it since my mother died, and now I actually didn't mind it. I decorated a small potted rosemary with some smaller ornaments, even.
Today I'm thinking about a vision for my life, and decreeing order and good choices, and taking it easy.
I'm sorry I havnet' said much here on the porch or responded to everybody's posts. I love reading what you share about your lives. I've just been too busy to spend much time here. Figuring out how to do that is one of my priorities and prayers.

So Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah (sorry I forgot) and now Happy Kwanzaa to those who celebrate it. Have a blessed week.

Yum rum balls, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  1:46:38 PM  Show Profile
What cutie! Hope everyone had a great holiday!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  6:29:10 PM  Show Profile
awwwwww.....how adorable....now don't YOU go running yourself ragged Angela and getting rundown and sick!Don't make me drive over there! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  01:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Angela...Congratulations Grandma...he is a cutie!!! You may think that you missed Christmas, but I think
Christmas was "delivered" to you!!! That is the sweetest stocking stuffer I have ever seen. Hope life
slows down a tad for you and that you get lots of times rocken that little guy and singing "Jesus Loves You" to him. ~ And Judy is right...don't be maken yourself sick again...I know she will come after you
and tie you to that rocking chair and make you sing lullabies to that baby. lol

Well My Porchies,...I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! My hubby and I thought that this was the best
one ever. I think that I finally graduated from a "Martha to a Mary" this year...I got to go to my son's house for Christmas Dinner. And I only had to take two side dishes. After years of Cooking and Cleaning that was such a TREAT! It was a day filled with love, laughter, family and friends and some gifts to boot.
Couldn't have been any more Special than it was!

Cherime...thanks for the rumballs girlfriend!

Tonight I am leaving Crackers, smoked salmon and chocolate cheese on the Porch....with some Gingerbread
Coffee and Tea. Enjoy! I already did! *wink*

Good Night My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  06:02:08 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - thanks for that website - it's awesome! I typed it in & it said to use a certain kind of glue...not sure if I used the right one since it doesn't really say on the glue tube, but I looked at it & it said it glues ceramics. So I got it glued together & it's still together 5 days later, so that's a good thing :p.

Peggy - I still like Burt's Bees, but Chicken Poop is a close second! And I haven't dried it in the dryer yet...so that's a good thing!

Cherime - thanks for the rum balls! I haven't had them in years!

Angela - what an adorable little baby! Congratulations Grandma!

Peggy - I think I graduated too! Usually I try to make a lot of stuff for everyone. But this year, since I left it way too late, I only made my niece's quilt and some hot chocolate for my nephew. Oh and the ceramic thing for my Mom (but that's been an ongoing project for a few months anyways). I'll try to add a couple of pictures here.

Well, I hope everyone had a good Christmas & you're all sufficiently stuffed with Christmas goodies :). Now on to New Years....

My nephew is coming today for a few days of "aunty time", then we're all going down to my brother's on Thursday. Let's hope it goes well!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  08:28:54 AM  Show Profile
Angela - congrats on that new grandbaby! How exciting. Hope your daughter is doing well. Did the baby's father show up at all?

Pam - cute quilt and I love the ceramic candle thing. Is that one of the faux candles or do you use tealights in it?

Yesterday I was a little put out over the man spending two days playing computer games so I decided to kick back and take it easy too and not bother with the cleaning or laundry. I did make a batch of patchouli soap but for the most part I watched tv and worked on socks I'm knitting him. His mom has repeatedly asked me about making her some patchouli scented soap. The man requested that I make some for her so she'll stop bringing it up. He hates patchouli and had told me NOT to make any soap scented with it but she's gotten so annoying and none of his sisters will make it for her for some reason. I used some cute snowflake molds I picked up at the Christmas Tree Store to mold the soap in so I'm anxious to see how they turn out. This recipe was a new one that's not milk based. The man was impressed at how easy it was to make. He'd watched us make it at his sister's and it took hours to do it because she doesn't use an immersion blender(hand wand). I'm not sure if I'll give her the whole batch or ration it to her since she has a habit of giving away stuff to her friends without thought of how much it costs for us to make it for her. She always offers to pay but she's always claiming she's broke so none of us accept anything from her.

Weather wise - it was raining when I left the house for work this morning and in the mid 30's range. Changing over to snow now and they're predicting 2 to 3 inches by tonight. Of course it couldn't have snowed on my days off! I brought some broccoli sausage chowder I made yesterday for my lunch so I might go back and eat my lunch in the conference room and watch it snow while I enjoy my chowder. Depending on how tired I am when I get home I might bake some bread so I can bring a ham sandwich tomorrow for lunch.

Is everybody taking it easy today or busy catching up after the holidays?

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  09:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful baby! And how great that he is calm and peaceful. What a joy.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. My son did come to Christmas dinner and did bring his girlfriend. And everyone was good, including her and all were being nice. My SIL especially earned a whole lot of brownie points that day.

Blessings all glad that you liked those rum balls. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  10:13:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!

I only have a minute. Baby comes home today! YEA!!!!

His daddy was there for the whole delivery right up till he passed out! LOL! We all knew he would. He can't handle blood or hospitals very well. I think seein the baby finally made the whole thing 'REAL' for him. He called his work and told them he had to have full time hours. He worked yesterday and is at work today. He has been figurin up what diapers and formula is gonna cost him each week. It's a little scary, but we'll all get through it together.

My sister is finally gettin up and around a little. She's stayin at our aunts house to get help with her kids. She's not supposed to lift anything for 6 weeks and not be on her feet much for the first 2 weeks. She's feelin a little depressed at there bein no more babies for her, but she is acceptin it as best she can. She said gettin to be a great aunt and babysit other babies will be better than nothin at all.

I'm off and runnin to pick up the baby! Oh yeah! And his mommy! LOL!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  10:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Angela, what a wonderful Christmas present for your whole family. I'm so glad the daddy was there. Baby looks wonderful and peaceful in his stocking bed.

Tammy, I love that fact you make all these cool soaps. I have never been a bar soap person but I hope it does well for you. I like your idea of rationing out to mil. Amazing how people forget that time, money and effort are involved in homemade things. I stopped making homemade presents for certain people years ago for that reason.

Peggy, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Nice to be able to kick back and just be part of the party instead of in charge of everything.

Pam, good job on the quilt. I'm sure she will love it. I'm glad the website helped you out. It is pretty useful that way.

Nan, sorry you had a quiet Christmas too. Too bad we are so far apart. We could have done something together.

I had a very quiet Christmas. My older son called me at 530am to tell me his friends cat had just died in her arms. She was in tears and he was on his way to her house. We had been waiting for this to happen. Poor guy had been holding on for quite a while. She found a wonderful lady on Christmas day to take care of all the arrangements. She took her cat to her and she had tea ready and was very kind and helpful. She wanted him cremated so this lady took care of everything. Another vet wanted to charge her $50.00 a day to store his body. Later that day my son, his dad, his friend (with the dead cat) and two other people spent the day together. They all pretty much had no family to spend Christmas with, so they went to the movies and found a place to have dinner. They actually had a really nice day. I'm glad for them. My younger son had a traditional Christmas with his girl friend and her family. He lives with them, so is pretty much part of the family.
Mom didn't feel like going anywhere so we just stayed home. She pretty much slept the whole time. Not much of a Christmas. Actually I can say it was the worst. But I know many people spent Christmas alone. Hopefully next year will be better. I'm actually glad all the holidays are over. I can deal with everyday life and not dwell on missing my kids and my old home.

I redid my pet sitting brochure so it was a little more simple on the front cover. I couldn't reproduce the grapic into a business card very well. Peggy was my proof reader. Peggy, it was a big help! I plan on working on the contracts now. I found a bunch of them from other pet sitting companies online. So I have great samples to draw from. I'm going to give my brochures to a friend at a hair salon and see if I can get started that way. Until I'm insured I don't want to put them in a vets office just yet.

Today is dreary outside. No rain, no snow just cloudy dark sky. It's been like that for days. Hopefully something will happen eventually.
Today is errand day with mom. She is going to get her hair done but I'm sure there will be more stops on her list as we get out of the house. I hope to do some sewing in the next day or so to keep my sanity.

Later Farmgirls.

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page