Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  5:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies.
Hope all is well with everyone. Well here's the an update with me.I'm still having some pain due to my scatica and lower back but the main cause of my pain is the muscle spasms in my left calve. So I'm on a magnesium supplement, I'm also ice 20 minutes then heat 20 minutes. So alot crocheting is getting done. Yes love to crochet.
THANK YOU THANK YOU for all prayers. That is so sweet of all of you.
Peggy-I'm so sorry that I haven't mailed your dishclothes yet. Hoping to get out early next week .
Julie-Love your garden. Sure wish spring would get here soon.
Diana-Congrat's on winning LuAnn's drawing
Nancy-Michelle is in my prayers
Kim-Congrat's on the new baby goats and bunnies. We love goats my daughter showed goats at the 4-h fair for 10 years. Can't wait till we get to the farm so we could have some goats.
Miranda- So sorry to hear about Pepper Jean. I'm keeping you in my prayers
Penny-Your in my prayers. Keep up the good work of not smoking
Bunny-Sorry to hear that your having to file bankruptcy.I know how hard it is to go through a bankruptcy been their myself. Your in my prayers
Cherime-love the earrings and necklace
Kimberly-thanks for all the herbal info.
Julie -love your hair cut
LuAnne-Your mom is in my prayer

Have a great night,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  5:03:20 PM  Show Profile
Is there a birthday list for the porch? If so how do I get a list and addresses? Love to send birthday cards.
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! I got my new laptop!!!!! So nice to be able to have my own computer again. Now I won't have to worry about the man's moods and whether or not I can use his. I was suprised yesterday afternoon that my federal return came in earlier then expected.

Ruthie Ann - Sorry you're having so much pain. So many people are. I think it's because of this crazy weather we're all having.

I received the book A PLace For Everything today in the mail. I've been wanting this book for a while but couldn't justify the price. I was really excited when I got notification on paperbackswap.com that it was available. It has a lot of neat ideas for organizing the home. I'm determined to get things organized.

We went out for middle eastern cuisine tonight. I have so missed going to a restaraunt called Olives. We use to go there about once a month or so but now with my reduced hours at work that's no longer in the budget. I so miss the pickled veggies and garlic sauce they serve - so yummy. My favorite is their pecan chicken with almond rice with a dijon mustard sauce. The death by chocolate martini is pretty tasty too :O) I told the man after I got my return I'd take him out to Olives and he promised when he got his return we'd go to another favorite middle eastern restaurant.

Well I'm off to bed. Take care everybody and lets all try to get healthy!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  11:34:52 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

Well, I hadn't typed very much when my computer spit it out again. So, I am back on my sticky notes. Had a very low key relaxing day...DH works every Saturday...so, I can pretty much do or not do whatever I want.
I got up early, then went back to bed...then my son called and wanted to take me out for Lunch. So we went to a new Thai Rest. down town Vancouver. It was really wonderful! Then we just drove around and talked for awhile and then met my DH at Barnes and Noble when he got off work and we all visited together for awhile. Our Sons fiance was spending some time with her sister today. Then they were going to a Hockey Game tonight.

Ruthie...just send the dishcloth when you feel up to it. I know that your Sciatica is bothering you. Hope you can get the pain under control soon. Isn't this just the pits when our bodies start betraying us?

RFM Tammy...glad you got your Return check already. That is always nice to get back isn't it? You get a new Laptop with yours and dinner out...I get new teeth with ours, and baby food for 8 weeks. Trade Ya! LOL

We seem to have a few MIA Porchies lately. Like Miss Megan...where are you???? Out with the boyfriend now instead of hanging with all us older women. I see how you are! LOL

Teacher Tammy...where are you??? If you girls are just lurking...jump on and say hi once in awhile...so we know you are alive. We miss you!

Well, I think I am going in search of phone now. My contract is up with the current cellphone provider...so, I am going shopping for who is offering the bests deal. Then...I am going to bed so I can make it to Church in the morning.

Night My Lovelies....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  10:22:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm so tired, gals...I work 50 hours a week minimum; usually more like 60 or 70. The Mister can't hold steady work since his accident, so it's all me. Plus, I end up doing more than my share of housework since he waffles around and takes forever (story of a woman's life, am I right?).

I run a few businesses on the side, but the Mister is so attention-needy ("Alyce I need a hug, Alyce I need to show you something, Alyce come talk to me, Alyce can I have a glass of water, Alyce walk with me when I go to the bathroom") that I never seem to have time for any of them. If he were confined in bed or to a wheelchair I could see the neediness, but he's more than capable of walking around by himself. This morning he needed a cuddle because he was queasy, and I ended up late for work AGAIN.

Plus, he's revealed that he doesn't think I will actually make a success of my businesses; I'm just supposed to focus on sewing his designs. Ouch! (It is possible that he didn't mean this; he has a bad habit of saying mean things when he's stressed, even if he doesn't actually feel that way.) I have news for him: if I don't make a success of my businesses, we will never be able to afford the fabric for his. I doubt he'll ever be able to work full-time again; the PTSD is too severe.

Then there's that little hussy trying to steal him...at least he just shrugs her off.

Wow, sorry for the rant!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  10:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. It's cold and foggy here. No blue sky for us! I'm coming down with a cold. My school friend has little kids and she got it and was generous enough to pass it along to me. Ugh! Mom is finally on her own again. She can drive so I don't have to play chauffeur any more. So nice!
I have been crocheting away on my little flowers. I have a big glass jar filled so far. I am going to attach them to a scarf I made. I'll have pictures later. My iphone doesn't capture colors very well. I'm also crocheting a hat to attach some flowers on to. Love crocheting while being a slug in front of the TV. Today I really need to finish my nephew's quilt though. I only have the borders and binding left.

Ruth Ann, so sorry you are feeling pain. It makes it hard to concentrate on anything. I hope you are better soon.

Tammy, so cool to have a new laptop! Happy for you. Are you still looking to get out on your own? I'm sure the job stuff is keeping you there. It is really hard to make it on your own these days.

Judy, belated Happy Birthday! I'm terrible at remembering. My birthday always fell by the wayside with my family. I guess I have just blocked them all out. Your picture.... scary! You are such a fun silly lady. Wish I loved closer.

Luanne, praying for your friend. I hate that cancer is so common.

Anyway, I need to get myself up and down to the basement and do something useful today. Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, the flowers sound pretty. I hope you feel better soon!

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  12:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, you must be exhausted. I know I couldn't work that many hours.

I woke up really early this morning with my back injury screaming at me. It was hard to breath it hurt so bad. I finally managed to roll out of bed and hobble my way into the bathroom. I put on some of my "Muscle Mend" essential oil blend and then hobbled back to bed. I found the most comfortable of the uncomfortable positions and prepared for a long night. But then the essential oils kicked in and the muscles started to let go and I went back to sleep!! I think I'll take it easy today just to make sure but it's not really bothering me now.

Went out to do chores this morning and my Fancy Pants had just given birth to twins. A boy and a girl. My daughter wants to name the girl Princess Celestia (my little pony character) and my son wants to name the boy Tow Mater (Cars). Oh I guess I should clarify, Fancy Pants is a Nubian doe (goat). I LOVE baby season. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  2:29:11 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, I'm here just for a quick visit - getting things ready to go & get my tonsils out tomorrow! I've been on the go since Wednesday with an endocrinologist appt in the city, then everyone (my mom, sis, niece & nephew) here for the weekend, and now I'm getting things kinda ready for going out to my cousin's (who is being wonderful in taking me to the hospital & coming to get me the next day too!). I'll try to come visit this week, with any luck!

Prayers & hugs & happy thoughts for all you who need them!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  6:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
Just having a cup of tea to ease my sore throat. I have a bit of cold. We had our first real snow this weekend. We had about 11 inches here. It was very pretty.

This week with the butterflies should be less busy which is nice. The past few weeks have been so busy. I did have to laugh at one of my sweetties. We were talking about prayers and she said well we just need to take them straight to God. Talk about getting to the heart of the matter she accomplished that.

We had our school big fund raising banquet last night. It was lovely. The theme was New York. We had red carpet, got our pictures taken, had a delicious dinner, and danced the night away. It was a wonderful evening with my hubby who has also been busy lately.

Pam will be praying for you tomorrow as you have surgery.
Ruthie Ann Im so sorry you have been in so much pain. Keeping you in prayer as well.

well ladies off to finish my tea and just relax before bed.

love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Pam, good luck on the tonsils out. Milk shakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Alyce, I think most men are needy like that. When I told my second husband I wanted a divorce, the first words out of his mouth while he was crying were" who is going to take care of me"? That's too bad he had to be so negative about your business. Don't listen to him!

Kimberly, so cool about the babies! Sounds like you have quite the nursery going on there.

Had a nice day sewing. Just have the outside borders to finish and binding. I'll post a picture when it is done.

Later all. Hopefully you are all having fun at superbowl parties.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:20:30 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Well today has been a wild ride with this pain. Hubby had to take me to the er this morning. I was given pain meds and muscle relaxer. I've been high all day fron the meds. The pain is gone for today but hoping the morning will be pain free as well. Please keep praying.
Hope all is well with everyone,
Ruthie Ann

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Been a busy but productive weekend. The man has been on another rant since Friday and wants all the stuff my son left here out immediately so I've spent the weekend packing all his stuff for him. Hasn't put me in a very good mood to say the least. He keeps insisting he wants the spare room usable again. For what????? All my kids are banned from being here so who's going to use it? As I said, it's put me in a rather bad mood. While I was at it I separated and packed some things I'd previously packed when I thought we'd be moving. This way when I can get out I won't have to sort, it's already done. The closet looks quite organized though LOL I picked up some plastic shoe boxes for $1 at Dollar Tree to put my soaps in to organize them. Now that he's cooled off and I've worked on packing everything he informed me today that our Valentine's Day presents are tickets for one of my favorite celtic bands Galiac Storm. He'll never apologize but he'll do things like this. Drives me nuts.

Bunny - yes I'd love to leave but it's not going to happen like I'd hoped. A couple years ago I stupidly allowed my youngest dd to put a vehicle loan in my name. She blew the engine on it last week. Repair cost is approximately $2500 at this point - that's if she didn't also damage the transmission. She still owes $12,000 on it. Her father has convinced her that she should walk away from the loan and leave me to deal with it and he'll help her buy another vehicle. Wasn't somebody talking about what rats our ex's were the other day? grrr So I'm now responsible for not only repairing the vehicle but also the loan payments. When it rains it pours. It's putting me in a really bad place because I can't afford her loan payments on my part-time salary. So much for using the rest of my refund for finding a place :O(

Kimberly - sorry your having so much pain. Sending some positive energy your way.

While out and about yesterday I stopped at an estate sale. Didn't see anything for myself but there were a lot of tools so I let the man know. When we went to get my computer we stopped so he could check it out. He found quite a few tools and a tool box for a really good price. I also discovered a massaging foot bath for $5. I was excited I'd planned to buy one. this weekend so it was fate that I found a used one so cheap. Found the same model later that day at Meijer for $49. Used it tonight for the first time - what a delight! My chiropractor who told me to get one will be happy with me lol. While we were at the estate sale we couldn't help but think how sad that the house had been allowed to go into such disrepair. The man didn't think it was even salvagable it was so damaged. It obviously was such a beautiful house before it got to this point. There was so much water damage to the roof the ceiling plaster was falling off.

Okay, I think I'm going to have a cup of tea and be off to bed. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the laptop Tammy. There's no way we could share a computer here either. Your man sounds...bipolar in his actions. Like he can't stand for something nice to happen to you without causing something bad also. Like getting a computer and then getting mad about the spare room. I'd be the kind of person to say, "whenever something good happens to me, you always get mad. Why is that?" Even if he denied it, it would be out there and he would have to think twice the next time around.

Hope you feel better soon Ruthie. I hate Sciatic nerve pain. I can't even sit in bed anymore or it will start hurting. And I love to sit and read in bed...sigh.

Alyce, you really crack me up. Wish your mister wasn't such a slacker. Why do they think we can do it all? As for the little hussy, she just doesn't know the real him. If she knew how much work he was, she'd think twice. My DH knows if he pulled anything I'd help him pack. He knows he'd be the biggest fool on earth to traipse off since I already know all of his secrets.

I hope your back gets to feeling better, Kim. I'm getting to be a real believer in all the body mechanics information. I hate having to really think about moving and picking things up, but I it's a necessity when the back gives so much trouble.

Well, I'm done working for this week. It's gotten a little cold. I'll see how the garden looks tomorrow. Everyone survived DD's first sleep over. I decided we won't do that again until summer. My big story was getting the paper delivered to the house on Sundays now. I hardly get a chance to buy one and I was missing my coupons. DH is supposed to build himself some kind of garden and we can use the newspaper in it. Oh, and I got me a new purse! Silly, I know, but it's the little things that make me happy.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  8:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Prayers for all of you guys. Geesh, when it rains it pours indeed.
Alyce, what a major pain. What if you just said no to some of the demands? And kept on saying no.

I found Throat Coat tea by Traditional Medicinals great for sore throats. We also use it when singing a lot, cuz that wears on the throat.

Kimberly, did you make your Muscle Mend essential oil, or buy it? It sounds amazing. I have a freidn with an outbreak of back pain, but not sure what the cause is. Tho he is on muscle relaxants.

I've been very down and then back up again this week. sheesh. Rather be up. I had some bad days at work (it's a very weird place, sort of removed from the realities of properly funcitoning procedures, and there's a lot of unrealistic expectatoins. WE're still on paper charts. it's crazy.) I've been up and down from grieving and depression, though steadily improvin. IT just takes time. But I also have an expert for managing my meds and I have a counselor, and I get prayer when needed. And I have a better understanding of what God is up to in my life. SOrt of. BUt tomorrow I go to work, and I'm trying not to think about it, because that doesn't help. I'm learning to be patient, hopefully to love people who are hard to love and I mostly don't like, and to not try to hit back (as it were) or get hooked into the weird behaviors. In fact, I'm learning to deal with codependents and to get free of it all at last. Which learning is a real pain, I'll tell you. But that's what happneing. God is good, but can be pretty weird himself at times, from my point of view. But then, he's always with me every second in every day, no matter what is happening, so that makes everything do able.

Gosh, i have to go to bed. Early morning.

nan
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  10:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Mercy...I am dead tired tonight. I did make it to Church this morning though How I managed to sit through it all...was purely God and a Very awesome Church Service. I was in a lot of pain from my Fibro...and yet the weather has been gorgeous. Go figure...
I could barely walk and when I wanted to raise my hand and arms in praise my hubby saw that I was struggling and reached over and lifted them for me. Now, if that isn't LOVE...I don't know what is. After Church we grabbed a Take n bake pizza and headed home for the Superbowl. I am a huge football fan. Two of my favorite Quarterbacks were playing today...but I had to pick a team to cheer for. Hubby felt the same way, so he went with the Patriots and I went with the Giants...and as you probably have heard the Giants won. It was a fun game to watch.
Still in pain the entire time but sat and knitted while the game was on. Youngest son and fiance' game by and watched the game with us.

Tonight I found the new cell phone I wanted (smart phone) and decided to change cell phone provider...as I found a better deal with Sprint. I go back and forth between Sprint and Verizon. I probably drive them batty...but I am all about getting the best phone for Free and The best plan for the cheapest monthly cost. I have no loyalty to any one company...it's all about getting the best deal.

I am doing some much needed laundry tonight...when it is finished off to bed I go.

Alyce...I don't know how you do it girl. I am with Julie...I would be telling hubby that he needs to do all he can for himself because if he doesn't he is going to cause you to either have a break-down or develope a stress-related illness and then who will take care of the both of you. I have to get on my husbands case sometimes and really lay the law down...as far as what He can do for himself to ease my load. Also, a friend of mine comes in twice a month and for practicly a "tip"... mops my floors and cleans my bathrooms for me.

I know what it is like to work yourself to death like you are plus have the home to care for and others depending on you. That kind of stress caused a rapid decline in my own health. So, I know what I am saying is true. Speak up for yourself or you will only have yourself to blame for spoiling the man and you having to pay the price for it.

And feel free to rant any time you need to!!! We've got your back girl!

Bunny...would you take a picture of your jar of flowers and show us? I think that would be so pretty. I love to see buttons, ribbons... all those artsie things...just sitting about looking refreshingly abeautiful. ~ How is your mom doing? Hope she is healing up.

Kimberly...sounds like we all need to go to some nice warm Hot Springs somewhere and just let the hot mineral water massage all our aching bodies. We will have to take, Ruthie and Bunny and Nan and the others that are suffering from sore muscles, joints and fatigue. Doesn't that sound Heavenly? We actually have some Hot Springs at Bonneville Dam...which is really close to Bunny and me. I can't think of anything that sounds better right about now. I'm there in my mind already!

Poor Pam...really, your tonsils have to come out??? Did you have them out as a child and they just grew back in? Two of my sons had that happen. Well, rest up and take it easy...I hear it can be quite uncomfortable as an adult. Eat lots of ice-cream and cold yummy things...that you love and would normally feel quilty about. Now you have a good excuse. So take it! LOL

Teacher Tammy...sorry that you have a cold...but glad to see you on here today. I have missed you. Sounds like your school fund raiser was a lot of fun!!! I would enjoy an evening of dancing and dinner with hubby. Something a little Romantic once in awhile is lovely.

Ruthie... praying for you...I am so sorry that you had to go to the ER. You are really having a time of it aren't you? Continuing to pray for you.

RFM Tammy...I wish you could get out on your own, but I know how hard it would be to try to make it on your own financially. Times are tough for everyone these days.
I feel badly for you also about your daughter and ex trying to stick you with her car problem. That is not at all reasonable on either of their parts...but it is like they think "who cares...it's moms problem now." Ex should know better...shame on him. That is not right. I am praying for you.

Julie...how did those fresh veggies taste the other night? Or was it breakfast?
I loved your happiness over getting a new purse. I love those "little things" that spice life up too. I remember when my kids were really little and I had very little extra money to spend on myself...I thought it was a great week when I could go out and buy a new shade of nail polish!! Or stickers to put on my mailing envelopes. Those things really did make me happy and content. Glad things aren't that tight anymore.lol

Nan...sounds like your work place is rather stressful.
Sounds also like God is teaching you some very useful lessons through it however.
It does seem like the best lessons come in the Desert Times in our lives. I have found personally that God draws me closer to himself during those times than any other. They are the testing grounds of our lives and faith.

OK Lovely Ladies...I am off to bed and hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us.

sweetest dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 05 2012 10:46:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:28:30 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear everyone's struggles. May I add my own to the list? I've been up ALL night trying to keep a baby goat alive. You might remember that my Fancy Pants had twins? Well I went to check on everyone last night and the little girl wasn't there. I went searching for her and found her. I was certain she was dead. She looked and felt dead. I was holding her, crying and noticed that she was breathing! I got her into the house pronto, wrapped her in a towel and asked my husband to help me warm her up while I went and got some milk from the does to feed her. Called the vet and she told me what to do. At 2am she stood up on her own and urinated so I felt that she had turned a major corner and was able to sleep a few hours myself. Poor little thing. I just got in from getting some more milk from her Momma and fed her some. She stood up to eat it but quickly layed back down. I think she's going to make it. I just have to get her so that she's a little stronger and then I'll take her back to her momma and let her mother her. Poor Fancy Pants, when I went to get the milk this morning she was upset. But hopefully that's a good sign, hopefully she'll take her baby back once she's strong enough to be outside again. My children were very concerned for the baby. They asked if she would be okay. I answered that I would do everything I could for her but the power of life and death is not mine but God's alone. So my precious children prayed for their baby goat. There are times they just make me burst with love and pride.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Clear and clod here at least that it what the prediction is for this week. Lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s. It is more like spring than winter.

Nancy sorry to her about your SIL. I will pray for her. Both arms in slings would be like having no arms at all. Poor thing.

Ruth Ann you are still in my prayers.

Tammy fromthe sound of that food you must like really hot food. I am such a wimp when it comes to hot food. I like tast not hot. You would get along with my DH he loves hot food. The hotter the better.

Alyce that is what we are here for. We have lots of sholders so feel free to use one. I will add you to my prayers. Infact I will say one now for you.

OK Back.

Kimberly I am glad youe oil helped your back. I am going to have to get some or make some for my DH. The work he does is always making his mucles ache and spasm.
More baby goats. Wonderful! more pictures please. I can't have any so can I share yours?

Pam I will say a prayer for you.

Peggy I am sorry you are in such pain. You are right, that is what love is all about
You talked about a hot sprins. The one I would recomend is Gold Fork hot springs. Of course this is in Idaho so you will all have to visit me. It trully is a wonderful place. It has several pools and each one is a little cooler than the last one. You can find the one you are most comfortable in. Then move to another if you want. My family reunion is held near there so we always go for one of the outings.

I am off for today. It will be along day at work. Meetings! ICK!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  07:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Alyce, Sorry to hear that your husband si soooo needy, I know that makes it very difficult to get things done! If you don't mind me asking, what business are you trying to start that deals with sewing? I make and repair quilts for people, it really keeps me busy. I used to have a small pattern business, but that was not as lucrative.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, I took a couple of days off and feel better. I hope your back is better today!

Bunny, I begin to agree. I grew up around strong men but have found them to be a rarity. I don't listen to him, actually; I just stepped back and let him cool down (he did apologize later).

Julie, the sad part is that he genuinely tries to help. He gets distracted so easily though; I really suspect he has adult ADD. Agreed on the hussy. All she sees is his public face. I told him if he crossed that line I'd be nothing but a memory and he said, "I know. Sweety, she's not even my type." I like your approach; I would probably help the Mister pack, too!

Nan, I actually *did* start saying no. Granted, this meant having to explain every step of a couple of things because he genuinely is clueless.

Peggy, I am actually at my happiest when I'm busy--just not quite this busy! I can't take credit for spoiling him: MIL did that years before I met the man (we first met when I was 7 and he was 10). He was a sickly child, so his mother and grandmother did everything for him--and as an adult, he has some whopping learned helplessness. (I actually had to teach him how to write out a check!) I do my best to teach him how to do things he doesn't know (he's a willing student); I mean, perish the thought I'm not here tomorrow.

Dianne, thanks. Prayers always help. Glad to know my sisters are so supportive!

Jan: thanks. We are trying to start a fashion design business; I have a background in fashion design and marketing, and have been sewing and crafting for many years. Mister has always loved fashion. I actually prefer crocheting over sewing, but don't have the confidence to get anything published.

Edited by - GirlwithHook on Feb 06 2012 3:56:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:17:28 PM  Show Profile
Well I have a story to tell. Its about a woman that worked the same place I did. We work in a nursing home in Leesville,Louisiana.I work kitchen,she was an aide. Her and her husband had been married about 30 years.Both close to late 50's early 60's. She came to work one day and said he moved out and in wth a 22 year old girl.
They didnt divorce yet. Two yars down the road he has a heart attack.While he was in the hospital the 22 year old girl packs her stuff from their apartment and leaves.
While in the hospital he finds out. Calls his wife and said he made a mistake and he wants to come back. She says Oh sure you can! Two weeks later a ambulance takes him home, they pull up and they pull the stretcher out there at the nursing home where she works. "What am I doing here?" she ssays "Welcome Home.
Since he had damage whenn he had his heart attack. She told the doctor to sign to put him in the nursing home.Since they never got a divorce she could still make decisions concerning him.

She told him if he thought she would just roll over and he would move back in he had nother think coming.
When I left later he was still there.

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone mind if I join you. My feet hurt and I want some hot tea and a pepperridge farm cookies.

I wrote the story above but didnt want to use her name.

I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Now for that tea and cookies

Blessings Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:51:45 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, just for you! A little color therapy.
here is my jar of flowers and one thing I hope to do with them when I have enough.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  3:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Marlee, I love it! I should show this to the Mister to prevent funny ideas from forming. *cackling evilly*

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  4:09:45 PM  Show Profile
Julie aka:Farmdream...please send me your e-mail address. You're the last one. Then I can do my "TeaBags" list!
Thank You!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page