Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:05:30 AM  Show Profile
Pam, I've got 15 pounds I can share with you!!! So sorry you are in so much pain. Would yoghurt feel good? Lots of
nutrition but pretty smooth on the way down. I hope you start to feel better very soon.

Megan, if your boyfriend is saying degrading things about you he's not worth spit. Of course, if he just said something silly and it hurt your feelings that can be worked out. I don't know the situation, just remember that others won't respect you if you don't respect you. So show yourself some respect and make sure others do the same. And like Peggy said, you've got a lot of motherly types here ready, and willing to be there for you.

Today is the big day. Jackson is over the moon excited about his party. My volcano/dinosaur cake is ready, the dinosaur egg pinata we made is ready to be hung up. The volcano is ready for eruption (baking soda and vinegar), the dinosaur bones are ready to be excavated and put together and the dinosaurs are set up and ready to be played with..... actually Jackson and Nikole are already playing with them. Just need to tidy up a little bit....why I'm not sure because the kids are just going to make it messy..... and the party starts at 2pm.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:55:02 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm here... pretty much just lurking. Not much going on. Just lots of homework. I spent about 5 hours yesterday writing papers for my various class assignments. I have about 5 hours of accounting to do tomorrow.

I did my taxes the other day and am suppose to get some money back. Yeah! However, I may have an old IRS bill from when I had my shop that may eat it up. I wouldn't be surprised. I think it was some employment taxes from about 3 years ago. They haven't hassled me about it for some time now. But I'm sure they never forget. We will see. I could really use the money. I also applied for a scholarship at school. If I get that, the offset from federal financial aid will be money I can use to live on. Pray it all works out.
I also saw where the banks are suppose to give us homeowners that lost our homes some money. However, they sent me a form for short sale but my credit report says foreclosure. I'm sure they will find a way not to give me the money.

Nothing else going on. Just getting by. I find I'm kind of numb these days. If I think too much I get down about my old house and shop. I try to live day by day but not being thrilled with living with my mom makes me long for a place of my own and money to take care of myself. I just don't know what is ahead. So I find I just stop thinking about everything. Just plugging along with school is the best I can do right now.

Pam, sorry about your pain, but cool about losing the weight. Not the best way to do it I'm sure.

Kimberly, hope you feel better soon. Hard to be sick with kids at home.

Well, hopefully today I can actually get some sewing done. I was hoping to do some yesterday but ended up with too much homework.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  4:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Ok "TeaBags", I spent half the day getting my "TeaSwap" cards ready then went to the Post Office. So they are on their way! ~~~whew~~~ I was cross-eyed by the time I got it all done. Sort of messed one up, but I fixed it with white-out! So sorry about that, but I didn't have another card like it to replace it with!I hope you like the teas I selected. I have so many to choose from(2 huge jars on my counter)so it was tough. To me all tea is good! *giggle*
Kimberly,Pam and Luanne....you Gals been hanging out at the same waterin'-hole or what? Get rid of all those "buggies"....FAST!!! That's an order! LOL
Poor Megan,it's not right that you have to feel bad about that bf of yours. But like someone else said, maybe you only heard part of the conversation and it's not as bad as you think!
BIG hugs 'Lil Sis! Hope you can talk about it with him!
Well, I'm off to have a cuppa and watch a Jdui Dench movie I ordered from Netflix. I really like her!
Love Yuns! Byeeeeeee!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:13:47 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, great thing to wake up to.
Kim I loved the cake.
Hang in there Bunny.
Busy as all get out here and a couple of rogue trees have buds. A tad bit early but heart warming none the less.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:16:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone.All I have been doing is watching the rain fall.It began before I even got up this morning. And it is almost 9:00pm central time and it is still raining. We are watching the creek behind our house the water was up to the back fence.

Kim how was your son's party?

Bunny that sounds like a lot of homework!

Megan ask him if he would like to be treated the same way? And that he hurt your feelings! And look at him in the eyes!

I been thinking Hot Tes,toast with peanut butter!Yum

Ok tea time. Goodnight all Sweet Dreams! Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  8:23:01 PM  Show Profile
I think the party was a success! The cake was a huge hit. Then we had the pinata and some dinosaurs to play with. Jackson opened his gifts. We also had some archelogical digs.... the kids loved digging for the dinosaur bones and putting them together. While they were taking turns with that I was setting off the volcano with baking soda and vinegar. Then they had some free time to just play. We told one little boy he was more than welcome to stay as long as he liked, when he was ready to go to just let us know so we could call his dad. He informed us he wanted to stay. So I'm going to call the party a good time. I don't consider myself very good at doing parties. But my son loved it and so did his little friends so that's what matters to me! I'm pooped. Still fighting off this cold or whatever it is. Last night I had a baby gall bladder attack. So mix being sicky with busy party and I'm pooped. But I'm a happy pooped. I want so much to give my children happy memories, I want them to look back on their childhoods with fondness and today I think I might have given my son one such memory. :D

Okay, I'm gonna go finish my outside chores and have a hot bath and go to bed. I gotta get over this and I figure some sleep will help.

Nighty night Porchies.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  12:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening or Rather Good Morning My Porchies...

Had to grab my sticky notes...so, I don't lose my post here.

Pam...new meds can really mess with any hope of weight loss. I complain to my Dr. all the time that I want to get this weight off and he just looks at me like, "get real girl".
Every pill I take has weight gain as a side-effect. And then I have a thyroid issue that doesn't help either. I just decided...hey, I am a Grandma...we are suppose to be "fluffy". LOL

Kimberly...I think you are making fabulous memories for your children. The party sounded like a huge hit! Sounded so fun...I wanted to come and watch the Volcano Cake Erupt. Lol

My youngest son, who will be 26 next month...is always doing amazingly nice things for me...and he just always says, Mom you did so much for us when we were growing up...that I just want to give back a little to you now. He says, "I learned from the best." I can hear your son or daughter saying that do you someday...when you complain to them that they are spending too much money on you. It does give a Mother a great feeling to know that her kids really did appreciate all her efforts and sacrifices with they were young. We never do it for pay-back...we do it out of love...but your children will grow up and call
you blessed. They will!

Bunny...glad to see you on the Porch tonight. Don't let yourself get down and discouraged girl. I know you must feel like sometimes the "fight" is just out of you. Been there done that myself. But I know God is working even when it is behind the scenes and we don't see it. Hang in there!
You are loved and we need you on the Porch sharing LIFE...even if it does seem mundane at times. We all feel that way.

Judy...thanks for going "buggy eyed" for us...we will all appreciate you for it...when we have that delicous tea in front of us.
The older I get the more I Praise God for White-out! LOL
I should buy stock in it myself.

Cherime...howdy girl! You must be really busy. Do you still have tons of snow? I hear the Northern Lights have just been spectacular this winter.

Marlee...you and I and Bunny could have a Rain Watching Party. That is all it has been doing here for days. Hot Tea and crumpets for me. Toast is good too. I love crumpets with butter and honey...that is my favorite with tea.

Well, I guess I better head for bed. I am afraid to go past my DH's office on the way to bed though...he is back there trying to figure out why the IRS didn't accept our Tax submission for this year. I don't think he is in a very good mood...I keep hearing groaning from in there.

Sleep tight and don't feed the Nightmares,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  07:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peg. The aurora has been like a great ocean in the sky where you could see the currents. When its streaming past it undulates sort of like dancing a conga line in the sky. The colors change as it moves, red, green and white. Little bursts of red are my favorite. Sometimes when you are directly beneath them its like swords of light stabbing downward. I pulled over to the side of the road and watched that leaning on my car hood for 35 minutes before they quit.
Still loads of snow. Another 24 inches and its a record breaker.
I am busy gearing up for a St. Pat's day bazaar. It takes so long when you make things by hand. As the old saw says "you can't sell what you haven't made".
Pam, I recall that ice cream is what they gave me when I had my tonsils out. Now there's a good excuse.
Kim glad it was a success and take care of yourself. They all need you.
Big hugs to you Bunny. You will get through it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  09:07:17 AM  Show Profile
Do we have room for one more? If so I'll be right over with chocolate chip scones and a nice pot of tea. I'll come with my apron covered in flour. Hope no one will mind. I'll bring my crochet. But with all the fun and laughing I'm sure not to get anything done. So happy to be with such good friends on the porch.

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  09:20:08 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, I LOVE your description of the northern lights. I may steal it for a book someday. I'll put your name in it don't worry. I have never seem them and can just imagine how awesome it must look in person.

Had fun sewing yesterday. I have a very nice sewing machine I bought back when things were better. It has embroidery software and module and I have never used it. So yesterday I decided to do something fun for me. I ended up using it to quilt the borders on my nephew's quilt. It was so cool! Much better then what I could have done freehand. Then I found a really new crochet flower to make. I'm working in that and learning a few new things along the way. I'll make sure to show it off when it is done. Not an original idea but here is what it looks like. This is from someone elses website. But my flower looks pretty close. I'm working on the stem and leaves now.

Her website is filled with lots of colorful ideas. If you like to crochet, check it out.
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/

Mom was acting strange yesterday. I was sewing downstairs and my sewing machine was an automatic doing the embroidery. I came up stairs and she was in bed, when she saw me she hid something she was eating under the covers. Then she had the one of her irritable bowel episodes. I remember her hiding food in her room when I was a kid. I can't believe she is still doing it. Especially when it might be what makes her sick. She has a very addictive personality. I know she has a problem with pain pills but won't let me talk to the doctor and I wonder if she keeps having surgeries to keep getting them. It just adds to the stress of me needing to get out on my own. I have learned with her, some people just can't be helped. I also can't risk her kicking me out. But it explains a lot of her laziness and health issues.

Today is accounting day homework.. yea! It takes about 4 hours but I have a classmate that I do it with so it helps.

later everyone. And all you sickies, listen to Auntee Judy and get well!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile

Cherime...oh what a beautiful discription of the Aurora. I am printing your explanation and keeping it in one of my journals. I saw a picture the other night of the Northern Lights via the Hubble and it looked like a deep green sea undulating like waves with blues and lighter greens and golds shimmering through the movement of Light. It was so beautiful...it reminded me that you probably get to enjoy them a lot. Some day...I too would like to see them in person. If that doesn't SHOUT God's Granduer I don't know what does. WOW!

Ruth Ann...We always have room for one more and especially if you are bringing anything Chocolate! LOL I am working on some small projects today. I have a big pink ceramic bunny that I just love...and when we moved I broke his ears off. So, after trying every other kind of glue to no avail...I am armed with Gourilla Glue today.
Just pray that I don't glue myself to my keyboard here. lol
I also bought a really cute slate sign to put by my front door. It says Live, Laugh, Love and it was only $2.97 at JoAnn fabrics. I scooped it up quickly thrilled to get it so cheapely. Then when I got home and went to hang it by my door...I realized why I got it so cheapely. No way to hang it up. So, I crocheted a jute cord for it and then I Gaurilla glued that on. So, everybody better stay out of my way today...or they may get glued to something. Ha Ha!

Bunny...I love that cheerful colorful crocheted flower. So,
pretty and happy looking.
That is weird about your mom. Maybe shes thinks you would lecture her on what she is eating because she knows it isn't healthy for her...and so doesn't want you to see. That is sad, however. Food is just as bad of an addiction as other addictions. Like me and my chocolate.

I didn't make it to Church this morning...so, I am off to spend time in study and fellowship with the Lord. More later girls.

My big dental day is this tuesday...keep me in your prayers.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 19 2012 2:02:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  2:16:28 PM  Show Profile
Good gracious me, I didn't realize I had been mia quite so long. I heard Peggy calling and Lord help me if she sent porch patrol after me. YIKes! My dear hubby was out of town most of the week so I was busy working, keeping the farm going, and running boys etc. Hubby made it home yesterday and surprisingly I only managed to lose one pig and one lamb and all stayed in their pens. Believe that is an accomplishment.

This week we have tomorrow off and then I am at school for two days with little butteflies and then off to reading conference from Thursday to Saturday. Now Miss Peggy did you hear that? I will be gone so no need to send the porch patrol. I will report in upon my return and check in before I leave..heheheh

Today hubby took me to lunch since we did not make church either. WE must have all been tired. We didn't hear a thing until well after 9. Then I graded butterflies papers and am catching the laundry up. Enjoying a cup of tea as it looks like rain is heading our way and I can certainly feel it as there is a chill in the air.

Ruthie, hand me a scone and my dear how are you doing? is the pain better?

Judy inquiring tea minds here are curious as to what kind of tea you sent....especially since we are not in the swap this time...you know me tea and I am all ears...hahaha

well ladies, the dryer is calling my name so I am off to fold and then pour a cup of tea and curl up with a good book.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  5:03:30 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, i'm sure your son will remember THAT party forever. It sounded so cool, I would have liked it! haha When Patsy's kids were small,I made them a great big bowl of "Dirt-Pudding" just for fun. That's the one with choc-pudding with crushed oreos in it,like dirt, and gummy- worms crawling out of the dirt and hanging over the bowl. Those kids went nuts! They had never seen anything like that before. Well, two years ago, the youngest asked me if I remembered making that for them.(he's in his late 20's)"Remember it...Honey, I still have the original magazine page recipe I ripped out of my magazine back then!!" haha So I got it out and read it to him over the phone. He was in Montana at the time on an AirForce Base. He wanted to make it for the guys he was rooming with. Isn't that something? It was a Proud moment for this Auntie, I'll tell ya! *giggle* So...ya...kids don't forget!
Poor Peg..."Ewes Not fat, ewe's fluffy!" hahaha I read that on a magnet in a store and it had a sheep on it.
Wow, Cherime, that's a lot of snow. The news said that Europe was getting all the snow this year that we usually get here in the U.S. If I saw an aurora or northern lights for the first time,I'd probably think the Rapture was taking place!lol ....which is ok by me, but still it would freak-me-out!!! Glad God understands that! haha Are there any sounds at all with the lights? I've always wondered that.
Ruthie, don't ya just love the fact that all the food we eat here on the Porch is calorie-free and the porch is always warm 'n cozy? Works for me! *giggle*
Bunny,that's a gorgeous flower. I like all the colors that she chose. Very pretty. I enjoyed her blog too. Thanks for sharing that!
Peg, I will pray for your appointment! Nice pic of the "Lights"...thanks!
I went to see Mama today and took her some groceries. She can't stop coughing, poor thing. I'll have to take her some more medicine this week. Thanks for all your Prayers for her. I know she'll appreciate. Thanks again!
Well, I'm off to have a cuppa and watch a movie.
Nite all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  5:45:12 PM  Show Profile
So much going on all the time, I have a hard time responding to everyone. But know that I read all the posts and try to keep up in my mind.
Yes, it is nice that all the food on the porch is calorie free, but oh so tasty. And all the great tea flavors, yum!!!!

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  9:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I love dirt cake! A friend and I made it once for a quilt guild we belonged to. We used a plastic planter and made quilted fabric flowers to stick in it with the gummy worms. We dished it up with a trowel. So much fun! We were very popular for that meeting. So cool that he remembered.

Kimberly, I bet your son remembers this birthday too. I hope you took pictures!

Peggy, I'll stay a prayer for your Tuesday dentist appointment. Hope all goes well.

Homework was not fun today. I hate having homework when nothing in the book actually teaches you how to do it. The teacher never covered it in class either. It was the last problem and both my friend and I were buggie eyed by the time we got to it. But she worked it out.. so glad to be studying with another person. We seem to take turns figuring out the hard ones. Last week was my turn. I have a two tests this week. Ugh. Still lots of studying to do. No TV for us tonight!

later porchies. Glad you like the flower.. Hopefully I'll get to do some more work on it soon.

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

We di not end up going to Arco after all. My DS called latter that ay and said they were all getting 10 days off. He should be home and working on their car.
We spent the wekend be ing both productive and lazzy.
We did not get out of bed till 8am on Friday or Saturday. Friday we spent with friends getting the fruit trees pruned (still more to do there) and cleanin g out and setting up the green house that was on the property they bought. Saturday we all were at our another friends building a bunny barn. it is really neat looking. It built out of logs and tin. 32 feet by 10feet. She has a lot of bunnies. LOL
Sunday after Church we relaxed and we needed it by then.

Pam I'm glad you are off the heavy meds and on to Advil. Hope all the pain goes away soon.

Kimberly wonderful cakes.

Bunny my prayers are with you for the schlarship. Living an paying for schol is hard!

Kimberly the party sounds like it was great> I know the happy pooped feeling. Glad all went well and the kids had fun.

Cherime I love the sight of the aurora. I have only seen it once in person and it was trully amazing.

Ruth there is always room for one more. flour covered aprons are always welcome.

Bunny the flower is beautiful. You are really talented. I am sorry to hear about your mother. I will keep you in my prayers.

Peggy no glue on the porch! We are not broken, just resting. LOL

Janet glad to hear from you. You have to speak up every now and then or Peggy sends the porch patrol after you. You do not want that! LOL

Well the dryer just buzzed so i better go take care of the laundry. For having a day off I sure am working a lot. Vacuming, dusting, sweeping, laundry. I think it easier some tiimes to be at work. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  10:31:49 AM  Show Profile
Man I am so tired today! I don't want to do anything! But I'm forcing myself to do my laundry (one load left to fold & put away), dishes/tidy up the kitchen, then I'm going to make some rice pudding & some carrot pineapple muffins. I looked in the fridge & saw 3 bags of "big" (aka regular, garden carrots, not the babies) carrots, so I think I should use them up before they get icky. And I bought a 4L of milk, thinking I would use it for something...not so much. Milk & sweets still taste "funny" for some reason, so instead of letting the milk go bad, I'll use it to make some puddings. I also sewed up my pencil case (from Dollarama), but I want to do a bit more & my sewing machine is being stupid & not cooperating right now. So I took a break from it. Going to head downstairs & get my laundry, then start on something productive up here...wish me luck in getting it all done!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  11:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Ugh...is anyone else having allergies already from this mild winter? Thank goodness for vitamin C and Claritin!

Might have to re-hang the closet door in the den today. I thought we had it sanded down, but it's still sticking. Hmph. Annnd then, laundry. Methinks we'll have leftover whitefish and veggies made into fajitas for supper.

I can't wait for the grocery order to come Wednesday!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  1:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Pam are you making chocolate pudding from scratch. That is my favorite. When I was a young girl my mom would make chocolate pudding then she would put graham crackers like 2 halfs in a stack and then put a couple of large spoon fulls over them and she would do a cookie sheet full and put them in the refrigerator. Yummy.
I'm thinking of you doing all your work.

Hi to all my farmgirl sisters!

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  5:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok Porchies,
I wanted to stop by and ask for prayers as tomorrow I have the last part of my EMG a test for were they stick needles in my leg to check the muscles. I'm very afraid of needles. On happier note my birthday was Saturday . I had a wonderful day filled with food, a movie and cake of course. My family made my day full and fun. Peggy thank you for the card and bookmark.
Seems like I'm alittle behind here on whats going on so tonight I'mn getting caught up. Yes!
Dianne-love your heart break
Kimberly-love goats. Yours r so cute, hope u feel better soon, and the cake is cool
Peggy-Hope your feeling better,that eye test sounds just awful,praying for your denist appointment
Julie-wish the weather was good for gardening but I'm not feeling well so am hoping that I will be better by gardening weather.
Tammy-great that your making changes
Megan-I'm so sorry that your bf is acting so mean toward you.
Luanne-Hope your feeling better
Bunny-Love your flower and good luck on all yur homework
Janet and Tammy-check in more often you r missed
Well everyone I'm off here to watch my show . Have a great night
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Pam I'm with you - totally exhausted today. I woke up yesterday morning with excrusiating throat pain. Apparently I developed an abscess during the night probably on my tonsils. When I first got up it was so bad it kept causing a gagging reflex - not fun. The man almost made me go to the hospital. I took some Motrin and it started draining shortly after that. I've been so exhausted today a tortoise could beat me by miles. Thankfully though my throat is better today but I have no idea what could have caused the abscess. It's frustrating that I can't seem to get healthy. My body is taking a beating this winter.

Managed to get the living room dusted today since I was too sick yesterday to get it cleaned. I also got the coffee table cleaned off - it has been accumulating a ton of stuff lately. That also included organizing my coupons that I'd clipped and left on the coffee table. Managed to get 3 loads of laundry done and folded/hung up. Dinner was homemade cheeseburger mac and spicy green beans. Now I'm too exhausted to do anything more. Tonight was my MJF group meeting but I knew I was way to tired to go. Bummed about that. The man's in a mood so it would have been a good night to be out of the house. I knew it wasn't going to be a good night when he started sending me snarky texts from work.

I finally started the hat I was supposed to have done back at Christmas. I finished the brim on it this weekend which took forever. I had to rip it out 5 times. Finally put in lifelines so if I made a mistake I could rip out down to the lifeline instead of having to rip out everything. I will never do cables again without useing lifelines. The rest of the hat should work up pretty quickly. I'd hoped to work on it today but that didn't happen. Might work on the crochet afghan tonight since it's an easy piece to work on.

I didn't get the cookies made I'd hoped to surprise the man with and share with everybody but I've got some yummy tea I can share - carmel strawberry shortcake with cherry honey is delicious.

Hope everybody gets healthy and those that are healthy stay healthy!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
All I had energy for today was sitting on the couch watching HGTV and crocheting. Finished some lace mitts and planning on an early night. Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  7:21:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Cherime - that sounds like my kind of day! What was on HGTV today? I did watch some Gilmore Girls & played a little Mario Bros, but I don't have actual tv. I did get my bed made tonight too, which is good (otherwise I'd be sleeping on the couch!). And I'm thinking it's early to bed for this girly! Night all.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, you are making me homesick talking about my beloved Northern Lights!!!! I love them so much I even named a horse Aurora Boreal. Wrote a poem once about them and their mezmerizing dancing. Do me a favor and as you are enjoying them tell them I love and miss them. :)

Pam, When your body is healing from trauma and I'm going to say surgery is trauma, you need to rest. So take a lazy day or three and let your body heal.

Okay I'm pretty excited about this so I just have to share. I'm NOT a party planner. I like folks in small doses. One on one, or maybe two or three at a time but I hate crowds. Plus I'm just not good at planning stuff like parties. BUT I was informed today that one little boy that came to the party told his dad that he had the most fun he'd ever had at a birthday party at Jackson's Birthday party!!!! Now there's a compliment. I was so happy to hear that. So then all the stuff that we did was good instead of boring. I'm ready to dance a jig, that just makes me so happy.

Just wanted to say, even if I don't respond to what everyone says I am reading them and just enjoying being with all my Porchies. It seems strange to feel so close to people I've never "met" but I just really do luv yu all.

Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  05:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
ok so im prob, gowing to MIA for a lil wial, but i wanted to up date you with the house. we found a nother one that is a farm. we need to be in there an out of here my the 1st so we dont have to pay rent for both places. so pray ur lil tushes off that we get it all done by then. THe church God blessed us with since we moved here there has been many ppl saing they will help, cause my hubbie want be able to get off work. with is a big blessing.

Ive got pics of my scarf.

and here is my bow.
hope ual have a good day an i look forward to my tea in the mail, thanks

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page