Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  08:23:17 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, all that teacher appears to be doing is getting by on tenure until retirement. Don't bother me is his motto. You really need to talk with your adviser and see if something cannot be done.
Thanks for the prayer all. Needed that. Things are still a bit rough but I continue to stand in faith.
Lora. Good one. Sounds like you earned that ride.
Peg. I would have loved to be a mouse in the corner at the bank. Hope you get that little dummy fired. That was too stupid.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  09:01:14 AM  Show Profile
Goodmorning all

Ruth glad the meds helped. Will be praying for you and wisdom for the Dr.

Peggy what ever your weather is I usually get a day or two later. We had some wonderful spring days last week and now rain and rain and more rain!

Peggy I am glad that is all they charged to your account. When mine got hacked it was a mess. Then the bank said it was frozen and the new account would not connect the old one. Guess what? Yes it did. By the time we were done we owed the bank over $600 dollars that we had to pay. I will never deal with that bank again.

Nan yo win. I thought we were having crazy weather but yours is crazier.

Bunny I am praying for you. Having a teacher like tht makes it hard to go to class.

Best get a move off this porch. I have things to do.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  11:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...it is rather rainy and depressing here today. Good day to snuggle in and read a good book.

Nan...did you guys get more snow last night and this morning??
The pictures on the News looked so beautiful with the snow on the Beaches.
Sorry you had to make wasted trips to classes that were canceled. I did that one time in Spokane when I lived there. I was taking an evening Christian Psychology
Class at the Bible College and It had snowed real hard all day...but I was still going to brave the 12 miles into get to class because I didn't want to miss it...it was just that great of a class. But when I got in to town there was a note on the College Door that classes had been canceled. Oh man, Leave it to me to risk hazzardous road conditions just for a good class with a great Proff. In Spokane...you knew the weather was treacherous if they canceled anything because...we all learned how to drive in snow and lots of it.

Ruthie...still praying for you. I had Lateral Leg pain very severly during the night...so while I lay there tossing and turning and massaging and praying for me...I prayed for you too.

RSF Tammy...hope to see pictures of your yarn soon. I am excited for you that you are learning to spin. I had a friend in my Bible Study who was taking a spinning class for awhile...then the next thing I knew she dropped out, which surpised me because she was loving it. So, when I asked her about it she said that all the
Women (especially the teacher) were Yarn Snobs! lol
She said that if you didn't use the best wool, alpaca, angora etc they just had no use for you in their upper crust spinning society. That gave me a good laugh. I can't imagine yarn snoppery.

Bunny...darlen don't be so hard on yourself! The problem is obviously not you! You have more talent in your little finger than that man has in his whole body. I would report him to an adviser. Like Lora said no teacher should be allowed to intimidate you or make you feel like your stupid or talk too much. There are no dumb questions in accademics. Every one deserves to have their question answered so that they can understand and until they can comprehend it. I think for some reason YOU intimidate him. But he sounds like for whatever reason he has too many stressors in his life and is taking them out on you....which is Just Wrong! Hang in there and keep telling yourself "I am kind and good and he is the one with the issues."

Cherime...how are you doing? Feeling any better? Is life leveling out a bit for you? Still got you in my prayers girl.

Dianne...Oh, man...I would have dropped that Bank like a hot-potato if they didn't stand up for your rights in that mess. Luckely for me...I belong to a Credit Union not a Bank. I gave up on banks many years ago....once they started charging you a "fee" for everything. I felt like I needed to pay a "fee" to take a breath. And their attitude that they never made mistakes...it was always YOU. When I worked as a Retail Manager ...I found out just how frequently banks make (all kinds of) mistakes. Because I did all the Store Bookkeeping. I was always calling them out on it. One of the things they were famous for was shorting us a dollar on our bundles of ones when went to the Bank to buy money for our tills. One time they lost a huge deposit I made. It was always something.

Well, my son was very understanding (as I knew he would be) over the birthday gift. I told him...he will just get it two weeks late...and by then the new coffee system...will be in the Retail Stores and I will just buy it out right.
But we all four went out to a nice dinner last night...then came back to our house and had coffee and cupcakes. I put together some of his favorite snacky stuff for him to take home and wrote him a Special "You Are Loved" Letter and tucked in his birthday card. And then I just laughed and told him it was a "Pauper Birthday for A Prince of A Guy"...but he was thrilled with the meager gifts and the Promise of The Coffee System in the near future. He is a really fabulous kid.

Well, off to do something....will check back later.

Hugs and Smiles
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 14 2012 11:46:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  3:12:16 PM  Show Profile
I didn't know where to post this, but I thought you all would think it's cute. This cat sitting on my window sill outside does not belong to me. But he is here everyday and does that. He looks inside my house. LOL. My cat (Cutie) is an indoor cat wondering why is this strange cat looking into my home lol. Funny!

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  3:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Joan...cute lurking cat!!!! My dogs would want to make snack-food out
of him. In fact we have a neighborhood cat that likes to sit in my flower-bed
across from my back porch door ...just to bug my dogs because the cat knows
they can't get him. They are so clever and sneaky.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  6:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Joan how cute! He looks like the tom cat that used to come sit and watch me play guitar when I was in high school. How I miss Jimmie Cat :)Well, I have chicken frying, going to warm up some corn, and fix a salad. Going to try something called Angel Pie for dessert. It's a lemon pie with a merengue crust. Wish me luck!

Well, the house we wanted fell through, but our agent (my best girlfriend's brother in law) is helping us find something else we like. As it turns out, the house we were looking at had sold THREE MONTHS ago for nearly double the price listed!!

But, we're blessed to have such good friends. I asked Josh last night if he wanted to hang out with them on Saturday night, and he was VERY excited to say YES! My best girlfriend's husband's family is very Irish, like mine, so it's kind of a big deal. She's half Vietnamese, and we had a blast for Chinese New Years. I think St Paddy's will be great, too.

Well, I wanted to update those who know, I think Josh is coming close to proposing. He found a ring he likes, he's been helping me look at venues and even dress patterns, and even let me measure his finger last night HAHA!! Cross your fingers and toes, girls!

Anyway, if I'm going to get that pie finished for tonight, I'd better get back to the kitchen! Hope everyone has had a good day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  7:07:30 PM  Show Profile

Evening gals,
I do hope you had a wonderful day. It is busy here. One of our teachers lost her mother this week so school has been hectic. We are not having school on Friday so we can attend the funeral. So please pray as we help her deal with this loss.

Peggy I have a few stories about my butterflies will share as soon as this week is over and things calm down. I have a really cute one that nearly cracked me up especially this week. You are right about Jax and playing that dog wears me out just watching him..hehehe

Ruthie you have been on my mind. Hope you are feeling better.

Did we hear anymore about the swap?

well tired Madame butterfly so time for tea and some quiet time.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  8:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Teacher Tammy, we're waiting for the actual 500th post to start up the Friendship Swap. It will be a round robin swap.
RFM Tammy, glad the massage went well! Relaxation is always good.
Bunny, I'm sorry your teacher just wasn't very nice! That shouldn't happen, and I hope that things get better.
Tomorrow's the last day of my 3rd quarter! I can't believe that I only have one more quarter before I'm an upperclasswoman! It's unbelievable how fast the past two years have gone. Before I know it, I'll be off to college. Scary! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  9:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Whew, I feel like I've been away even longer, so much news.

Snow-- no, it only snowed Monday night. It hung around and there are still littles bits here and there. But it isn't particluarly cold. Oh, and it started to blow againand rain, so that will do in the leftovers. We don't get snow often enough to really learn to drive in it, so everything shuts down and the drop of a flake, practically. Also, in the coast range, it's usually a lot colder and deeper. Also, when it blows we have a lot of trees down androads blocked, and that usually will close the schools. The trees also take out power, too, so other places close, too. It sure was pretty, but I"m glad it's gone.

I have huge news. My landlord called me tonight to offer to sell me this house for $161K. That is a VERY reasonable price. I got home from work very tired and hungry, and I told her so and I have to think it over. I don't think I have the resources to do that, and I'm not sure I want to. It isn't a very well designed house. If I did, the first thing to go would be the carpet, and there would be new vinyl in the bathrooms and kitchen. Then the kitchen wuold have to be redone, the cabinets are ridiculous.

So I don't know. I'm not getting into it much now, because I am tired. I really would miss the pine trees and the decks and all my birds who visit me. But the garden is such a hassle, having next to no dirt. If I go I'll have to dig up a few things. I'm glad I didn't plant my new violet plants.
sigh. The other way I feel is, "OK, Lord, where am I going now? How are you going to do this?" I'm curious. I dread the thought of packing. If I don't buy it, it goes on the market at the end of April. That means cleaning and packing things and storing most of them, because people will come and visit it. And it will have to sparkle. sigh.

So stay or go? YOu could pray for me to know which it will be. And then the strength to pack and move. sigh. I hate moving. BUt I don't adore this house, either. Oh, but i have lots of black huckleberry bushes. Darn it.

Bunny, everybody is right about that teacher. GO to your advisor toot sweet, and tell him or her. It's ridiculous to be abused in your own class. You are a PAYING CUSTOMER for crying out loud. And I bet you pay A LOT OF MONEY too, to go to school, and therefore, you deserve to be treated decently. Well, you and we all deserve to be treated decently in any case, but you pay this guy's salary, and you can do something about it. I don't know how old you are, but I am old enough that I no longer take crap from anybody, including my boss. I'm not intimidated. Though I do have to practice not yelling and being mature about how I deal with those things.

What a funny, silly handsome cat. That makes me laugh.

I'm praying for everybody, including the teacher who lost her mother. That is so hard.

Oh gosh, I feel so odd. Things I'll miss vs. a whole new place.
Oh, and there's the lack of money part of all of this.

Re that bank, phooey. What a bummer. I too belong to a credit union, and have for many years. Some banks are nice enough, I think the local small ones, but geez I had Wells Fargo for a long time because MOther did, and they too do the charge you for breathing thing, and changing the rules when they feel like it.

Okay, Porchies! Life goes on and on. Hang in there everybody, it's just taking the long way home! (new song I heard by Steve Curtis Chapman). Praying for you all. I'm so glad I've met you all and get to hang out with you.
love
nan
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  10:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Ha, a peeping tom...Joan, he is trying to intimidate you into letting him in. Such a face. Feed me or else!

Miranda, good luck on the marriage proposal.

I'm learning that my teacher has a history of "losing it". Unfortunately I have two more years of him. He has been at the school for over 20 years. They are probably just waiting for him to retire. I think I'll talk to my adviser but I have talked to him about my art teacher last quarter and he just looks at me like he is afraid to say anything. I think I'm just stuck with him for now.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  06:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
It's beatiful spring day here in Indiana. The sun is shining,the air is warm and the birds are sing. Oh what a wonderful sound. The dog and I took a very short walk. No one is up besude me and the dog aka little one. So I'm on crocheting on hubbies blanket. I'm sitting on a yarn ball sounds crazy but it's reliving some pain. Today I'm going enjoy a shopping trip my daughter to hobby lobby,micheal's and jumba juice. Im get to get some soap mold and of course as I'm yarn attcited these days.Lol.
Please keep dd katy in your prayers as she had her 4 wisdom teeth Monday and she's still in alot of pain and still has alot of swelling. Hubby need prayer as well as he prepares to go surgery to have bone spurs remove from his right foot. He's scheduled for April 12th. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS YOU SAID FOR ME. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. YOU LADIES HERE ON THE PORCH MAKE ME FEEL SO LOVED.

Bunny- Congrats on the scholarship.
Miranada-Good luck on the new place.
Alyce-Thanks for the pfefferneusse and coffee
Cherime-Praying for you.
Kim-Praying for you
Penny-baby and bear are so cute
RSF Tammy-So glad your enjoying your spinning class. Sounds like a blast.
Joan- what a cute cat. Little One would eat her right up
Tammy-Praying your week calms down and praying for the teacher at your school.
Peggy-Love praying that your leg pain goes away. Thank you for all the prayers. Do you a card from me ?

Well porchies I'm off to start my day.
Hope everyone has a blessed.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  07:41:40 AM  Show Profile
Bunny I didn't go to college, but I had the same problems in Middle and high school. Teachers that didn't care, most of the counselors didn't care, and the school board SURE didn't care. Josh and I have already discussed that we don't want our kids in public school because of what we went through! I kid you not, I had (get this) a French lady with a VERY thick accent, teaching Spanish II to a group of Texans. Castillian Spanish at that. And she hated the boys because (and I quote) they were all horrible American boys who would grow up to beat their wives because that's what American men do. The GIRLS were so offended we went to our parents and school board and she was STILL THERE the next year!

Well, my service engine light came on and I am just PRAYING to God that it's just an oil change... it's been just a bit too long since I changed my oil. I hate that light.... it makes my stomach turn :( Last time, it was the thermostat, which wasn't horrible to fix, but my mechanic found other problems. Lucky for me, I have a Josh now, and if he can't fix it we have our friend Barry who will.

The Angel Pie was a horrible mess. It didn't set and it was just sad. I don't even want to talk about it.

And Nan, we're kind of in the same position. Do we try to buy a house and move away from the area? We do love it here, but the house is just too expensive, and I am getting sick of some of the neighbor kids. When I was their age, if my Momma caught me riding my bike in front of a car, I got grounded from it for two weeks. I'm not even sure half these kids have parents! But I will miss my cows and the funny little goats if we leave Maybe some day we will have goats!

Well, anyway, I am writing a "to do" list for my bills (yucky) and a couple of small shopping lists... can't buy much more for the freezer as it's about to explode. Sprouts had a 20% off all frozen food deal last week, and that was 20% off the LISTED price, on sale or not! so I got a steal on ground boar, elk, and venison, veggies, fruits and ice cream. Only... I hate our freezer... it's SO TINY. I want my Momma's frigidare (sniffle). Maybe if we get the new house....

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Miranda...checked out your blog.....'Quaint'....I love it!
Sorry you had such a lousy experience with public schools.
Having been a product of the public school system,I would
say isn't not all bad...I didn't always have the greatest
time but I am thankful for at least a free education. I'm
sure if I had attended a private school I never would have
survived. :) They are great for some...just not me. And my
mom was certainly not the homeschooling type...although she
loved me immencely.Don't ya just LOVE Sprouts?

Bunny...obviously your prof is an arse! No way after 20+ years
he will ever change. You can prove to be the better person here,
find a tutor that has had his classes and can help you out.
Ultimately you will be the winner!!! EWW...I know this probably
beyond the realm of possiblity but have you attempted to approach
him after class to ask a question? Okay! Okay! Stop tossing books
at me....it was just a suggestion! :) Godd luck to you, kiddo!

Ruth...so sorry for all the pain you have been enduring...praying
for you and that you find a solution that works for you. Katy
all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once? Ouch! Sounds like a very painful
experience...I shall keep her and your hubby in my prayers also.
I can't imagine having to walk with bone spurs. Will he be out of
for a while or will that surgery heal quickly?

Nan the house proposition sounds interesting...but if you really do
consider staying...I would definitely make a counter offer even if
you do think her offer was generous. Besides...if you at any point
do consider the purchase of a home.....shouldn't it be something you
love or at least do not feel the need to redo everything from the get go?
I'll pray that you get a nudge one way or the other...but I trust intuition.
If it's telling you to start packing...I go for it! :)

Joan...your 'peeping tom' is a bit of a cutie!

Peggy...interesting banking experience...how annoying is that?
Sorry your kiddo had to wait for his Present but he sounds like
a darling and wouldn't mind one way or the other even if
he didn't get a gift...he would be happy just for his mama's love.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies....
Nasty Weather here this morning. Blustery and rainy! Kind of sick of it!The spring flowers are
ready to bloom and many of the spring trees and bushes are
already in bloom...but who can enjoy it when you are stuck inside because of horrible weather?

Ruthie...yes, darlen I got your lovely card and note. How sweet of you, considering you sound like you are in more pain than I am.
Nice to hear that you are going to get out for a fun day today. I am so ready to have a little
Retail Therapy myself. But tonight is my Bible Study Group...so, I will be trying to get lots of rest so I can go teach tonight.

Miss Miranda...sorry that your angel pie gave you a devil of a time. lol It sounded divine when you described it. I hate when you go to all the trouble of making something special and all you end up with is a plate of dissapointment.

Also, sorry that the house fell through but there must be something better on your horizon. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the proposal. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

Nan...Oh, my gosh girl...a move huh? Not fun...but you can do it if you have to. As we just went through that ourselves in November. It is a lot of work and very tiring as we get older but...non the less it has it's rewards too. There are things that I miss about our old place but over all the move has proven to be well worth it. I only wish our house rent...hadn't gone up so drastically. We are saving on the gas expense of DH having to drive so much to get to work etc but it all got eaten up in the higher housing expense. Never can win in that area.
Even if you had the money to buy the house you are in...don't unless you absolutely love the place. I like the place we are renting but it has some major problems that I wouldn't want to be responsible for as a home owner. Keeping you and Miranda in my prayers on your housing situation. It will all work out for the best...just who needs the added stress, right?

Bunny...hi girl, I was over lurking on The Over 50's group and saw you on there a lot. I found it hard to keep up both groups...but I do really like all those gals.
I still think that teacher of yours needs to retire. Hopefully, sense you now know how he is you can just move past his absurdness and not let him get to you.

OK...I'm off to do something constructive...what ever that maybe. Might be just go back to bed? LOL

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:28:00 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon everybody! Another morning where I was wide awake about 5:00 again. The cat was out in the living room yawling off and on. I layed in bed for about an hour and finally said enough and got up. I decided to be productive and did a yoga workout before the man got up. He was impressed when he walked out and found me in the cool down portion - he figured I was watching the news or something. Before I started my yoga routine I let the dogs out. It's so nice out I stepped outside with them and watched the lightening show as the storm moved into our area. It was a great way to start my morning. Wish I could have gotten a walk in too - I liked the energy of this storm. I use to get up and do an hour of yoga every morning but after I moved in with the man it wasn't as easy. Need to get back into that routine again.

Well after waiting for the camera cord to come in we discovered there's a problem with the camera connector now. The man is going to get a card reader this weekend. Frustrating to say the least. I "will" get those pictures uploaded some how so you all can see what I've been up too LOL I'm almost done with the earflap hat - not that she'll need it this year. It will be a while before I do another pattern with cables in it.

PeggyAnn - yep, I know the yarn snobs. I quit going to the yarn shop that was full of them. Nasty people (shuddering). These seem pretty down to earth thankfully at this shop. I wasn't sure about this shop because my future MIL told me about it and she can be a snob herself but I went and liked the atmosphere there. When I went for my spinning lesson my instructor admired my new Eurostep clogs/slideons. She wears them too and we have similar favorite brands. Hopefully I can go back next week for another lesson. I may make my change jar my future spinning wheel fund LOL.

Bunny - sorry you're having problems with your instructor. Unfortunately it seems to happen in at least a couple classes no matter what school or program your in and nobody cares. I remember being told that I was going to have to deal with problem people in the work place so I needed to just get use to it. Sad philosophy isn't it? You'll be fine I'm sure.

Okay back to work for me. Hope everybody has a great day :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mel...we must have been posting at the same time. Good advice you
gave everyone girl. Yes, my son was so fabulous about the whole thing
and yet so excited about the New Coffee Machine...he has already found
where I can purchase it for $100.00 less than I was going to pay...plus
I have a 20% coupon for that store. What a Kid huh!

Later girl....

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I have had Profs like that one. The worst one was a guy who was mid to late 50's who always gave everything to the sweet young things, older females and guys were flat out of luck with him. And to top it all off he always had the old crack of dawn showing whenever he turned his back to the class. He was just biding his time to retirement.
Miranda, praying for it all to come together for you. My DH and I kicked around getting "hung" as he referred to it for about a year before actually breaking down and doing the deed. He was injured badly in a car accident and I knew that I had to get him hogtied or he might get noble on me and split as I was the only breadwinner and was going to be the only one. So I conned him into it by telling him that I needed the tax deduction.
Blessings Ruthie and praying for a good report in all areas.
Joan, that's a cute kitty and I know about inside kitties as both of mine are inside. Too many owls and eagles and too much traffic to let them out except on the top floor deck where they and the squirrels talk to one another in the summer.
Peg, I gave up banks a long time ago for the very same reasons. They are a greedy bunch. I like my little local credit union just fine.
The family stuff is still chaotic and health wise I am not taking no for an answer on total healing.
Blessings all. I do pray for us all each and every day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  10:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Megan, I was told in my job that "Doctor" is this and that, he doesn't do mornings well (actualy he told me that, too), so step lightly, "Doctor" won't approve, like or wahtever all kinds of things that I do. But I just decided to be cheerful and normal. And really, it has made a big difference. They call him "doctor" like it's his name in part because we only have one of them in the office. If we have more, then they'd have to use the whole name. But also because it's an old tradition from the days when The Doctor was all but God in his domain. My dad was a doctor, and i know better.Anyway, irrelevant, but I won't submit to tyrrany.

Wow Peggy, such a deal, what a nice boy he is.

Cherime i'm agreeing with you on total healing, ask and keep on asking. But also decree health in your body. You (we) have that authority after all.

IT's been blowing AGAIN. There's a lull now, and my little birdies are pecking away on the deck rail. The porr sweeties. I think they can't get out to eat much when it blows so hard for so long. I put seed onthe ground over the side of the deck, too, so it is very sheltered there. I hope they eat it all, or there will be millet and quinoa and wheat growing there.

Prayers for all
love from
Nan

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Nan, sounds like you have a big decision a head of you. Is the land lord going to finance the house? Do you have the down payment? A house payment is a terrible burden, trust me. You have to add in the property taxes and homeowners insurance on top of the mortgage payment. Plus mortgage companies aren't as lenient as land lords if you are late a few days here or there. I think it would come down to what the monthly expense would be.

Tammy and Peggy, the yarn snobs are why I buy my yarn online. I can search for better prices and I don't have to deal with attitude.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I don't know any of that yet. I don't think the landlord will finance the loan, but she suggested I look into government programs.

I"m pretty sure I'm moving, tho. But I may be wrong. too soon to tell. Thanks for the input on mortgages and stuff.
nan
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  1:45:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, just popping in to say "Hello"....have a great night.

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  2:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Nan, isn't that the worst feeling??? It's that uncertainty!! And SO much has changed with the mortgage laws....

still at work for another 12 minutes and dreading leaving because I have to go to O'Reilly's to get my codes from my truck... the check engine light came on and I don't know why. PRAYING that it's nothing major. It's not the gas cap, unless the neighborhood hooligans have messed with it. Maybe I just need fluids... Doesn't it seem like, once you start getting all your ducks in a row, the other shoe just drops? ugh...

The weather has been SO weird here lately... warm and cloudy and threatening to rain but all we get is a bit of sprinkles, just enough to make the windsheilds all filmy, and then it stops.

Well, if I'm not too depressed when I get hom from the auto parts place (ha!) I think I will finish cleaning the kitchen, fix supper, then work on some paper flowers. I need to get some good pics so I can start posting instructions on my blog. I'm making great big ones to go in the bouquets and I started working on those last night. I have some other things I want to add in... stuff I've learned recently while pricing venues and the like. I can NOT believe how expensive wedding venues are!!! No WONDER my assistant manager wants to buy a piece of land and build an event center on it!

I found one place I really like and I will share it with y'all soon, I hope. I think y'all will LOVE it, too :) I'll give one hint... it goes with the idea of being a Farmgirl SO VERY well!! and it's SO inexpensive. If we stay in the town we live in now I believe it will only b $125 for the whole day to rent. If not, I think it's $150.

OH speaking of possibly moving away from Pflugerville, there are a couple of BEAUTIFUL houses in the town just to the east of us, I may see if Josh wants to check those out.

Well, I better start getting my stuff together so I can clock out and go face the music with Fred (Yep, my truck's name is Fred...)

Wish me luck YET AGAIN, y'all!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  3:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals,Miranda, a cat that chews stuff, never heard of that. hmmm....
Hi Lora,Welcome! Glad you decided to just "plop" down.Loved that description of your beat-up car. lol OMGosh, what a funny story.Sounds like something that would happen to me.ROFL Loved the pic of your son &butterfly on your blog.Very sweet!
Peggy, didn't know whether to say "awwww" or lol about your bank story. I'm sorry for your stress, but glad that you could giggle about it.(teeth or no teeth) LOL
Bunny,I agree with the others. That teachers reaction was uncalled for.
Cherime,Oh dear,don't say(mouse)around Peg,she hates the lil buggers...say "fly on the wall." lol
Joan, what a funnycat...and what a face he made. *giggle* We have one around here that drives Rascal(our cat)nuts. DH yelled in a deep booming voice at it the other day to go away...instead it ran over to the window and tried to figure out how to get in! WHAAA...Must be def!!!LOL
Doing laundry and cleaning house...ya....my back is angry about now! I hung clothes out for the first time this year....yeaaaa....smells so good! Gotta get back to it!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  4:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, home now, and I think I have good news about the truck... they think it's just a cracked hose, or something. Josh should be able to fix it. If he can't, Barry could.

I do need some prayers, though. Gosh, there's a lot of us, huh? Josh came home early... got work from his cousin's fiance (this is the family that was staying with us earlier in the month) that he's in the hospital... it doesn't look good... looks like he may have liver failure. Don't know too much right now, but she'll keep us updated. They've just been through Hell lately.. family issues, the youngest boy (Josh's cousin's step son) was pushed into a moving car by an older girl a few months ago. He's doing fine now, but still. It's just been rough for all of them.

*sigh* WELL since i got that off my chest. I do have a good looking meatloaf in the oven. I used the last of the wild boar and made a meatloaf... hopefully that comes out good. Sure smells awesome!! Think I will make a "goodmorning fruit cake" too.

Think I will go ahead and work on paper flowers tonight. Sounds like a good relaxation technique to me. Hope everyone has a good night!

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile
WHat's a good morning fruitcake? It sounds like something I want to eat right now.

That's good news about Fred.

Funnily enough, I'm not at all upset abuot this moving thing. A bit boggled with all the possible things to think about. This morning I was eating breakfas and felt light and happy.I think this is my next step, and I think I'll be moving, and I think it will be to a "perfect" house, too.

BUT my brother in law in Boston has been diagnosed with mantle cell carcinoma, a kind of lymphoma, an unusual cancer of the blood. He's about 60, I think. In excellent shape otherwise, being athletic, which shouldhelp, but the treatment will probably be hard. And the prognosis is hard to make, says the articles I've read. Nobody knows what causes it, either. So prayers for Pat and David.

I['ll be praying for the friends with the failing liver and the recovering boy.
Whew, you guys, life is tough. And weird.
But I'm resting in the everlasting arms. Or trying to stay focused on Jesus, which is the only thing that gets me through. It hasn't really hit me yet about David. IT's so out of the blue.

It's way past bedtime and I get up early tomorrow and go to work, which has actually been almost normal, tho busy. But there, I never know what will happen.

My cat Miranda is draped across my lap and right arm because I wouldn't come to bed when she called me. So off I go.

Good night, ladies. Remember, we are Farmgirls.
nan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page