Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  10:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Mel,
Hubby will off work for 3 to 6 months. We took his retirement so we could cover all the bills but when he goes back to work he won't be able to add any more to his plan. I'm very thifty. I've been watching the sale ads and stocking for this surgery. I'm also a coupon nut. Last weekend went to JoAnn fabric's with my dd and brought 66 items for 140.00 dollars and saved 105.00 dollars. We used 25 coupons and my teachers discount card.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  06:59:27 AM  Show Profile
Nan, it's kind of a cross between a cake and a cobbler. It's a recipe I found in a tiny little book called "How to win a cowboy's heart". It's a cake that you pour drained canned fruit on top of (I normally just use fruit cocktail, since I like the variety) and as the cake is baking, the fruit settles into the batter. About half way through you take it out and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top and THAT starts settling in to the cake, too.

I tried an old diner recipe for a peach cobbler last night that turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. I used Turbinado instead of white sugar and neither of us could tell a difference.

Josh hasn't heard any more about his cousin, but they are supposed to update us, so I will keep y'all posted, too. It's just so frightening, and I'm not sure how Josh is handling it. He and his cousin have become more and more close over the past year, and I'm afraid he's bottling stuff up.

Well, we're still looking at houses, and I've emailed our agent to see if he can show us a few in a town called Manor. Two of them are on at least an acre, inexpensive, but the only thing that worries me is the property taxes. That might get hefty! We'll see what Kevin says, though.

And Nan, I do know what you mean. I'm looking forward to something new, myself, but I don't always handle major changes well HAHA I lived in the same town for over 20 years and living in the next town has been a bit of a struggle! Whatever God wants for us, though, I know will be right.

Well, we're about to open up the branch, so I'll close up and check in later. Take care, everyone!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  07:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all

Peggy we did drop that bank and have never gone back. Thanks for the Credit Union idea. That is worth checking out.

Joan cute cat.

Nan I will add the the house to my prayer list. It is always hard to make those choices.

I have never met a yarn snob. I shop in a really nice yarn store and at JoAnns and our local discount called Kings. I pick yarn for the project I am working on. Some times it s cheap yarn and some times not. I have met material snobs. They are no fun to shop around.

Miranda Prayers are going as I type.

Nan adding your brother to my prayer list.

The bell rang and the kids are coming in. I had better get to work.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Nan, I'm glad you are seeing your move as a new adventure. I know you will find the perfect place. Sorry about your brother. I'll put him in my prayers.

Miranda, that sounds like what I call dump cake. You just dump the cake batter in the pan dry, then dump the can of fruit whatever over it and a bunch of butter if I recall and stick it in the oven. Always a big hit.

Dianne, I agree about the credit union. It supports a local bank and they actually want your business. I don't understand why the big banks are getting so cranky. It's not like they are losing money. I wish more people would bail on them so they could see who really owns them.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Mr. cat came by again this morning...so I went outside and it was purring all over my leg. Then my cat (Cutie) got really jealous and hissed so loud that it frightened the cat away. Poor thing...I noticed he has an address on his colar. Don't they miss him ... he is even here late at night my DH said.

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:42:30 PM  Show Profile
HHHEEELLLLLOOOO Pochies!!!!

I'm finally back! Yea! I've missed everyone horribly. I'm 30 pages behind, so I decided to skip tryin to catch up and just post.

I have a place of my own now and they hooked up the cable and internet last night. It's not what I wanted, but it's nice enough. I have one half of a very old (1800's) farmhouse. There is a huge master bedroom, a bigger bathroom than I had at the MIL's place, and a small kids room upstairs. Downstairs is a small kitchen, too small for a regular table and chairs, but hubby thinks he can find a skinny table for me, and a very large living room. In the HUGE basement is my laundry area. There is a small back porch which is completely screened in and which we all love sittin in at night. The front porch is really more of a stoop than a porch, but big enough for a few tomato plants and pepper plants. The back yard is tiny and the neighbors dog uses almost half of it when he's out on his chain. There's enough room for a picnic table and the bbq grill, so it's acceptable. The front yard is smaller than the front porch. It has a few flower beds that are empty, so maybe a few herbs could fit. The side yard is big enough for about 4 raised beds, which the landlady said would be fine to put in. I won't have much of a garden, but it's something.

I also put in for the local community garden. I hope I get a plot there. It would be either 5x5, 10x10, or 20x20. Any of them would give me a place to put a corn patch at least, and it's only a 5 minute drive from here.

I am tryin to keep my head and spirits high, but it's hard sometimes. I hate livin in town and now I'm 4 blocks from the square! I absolutely love the house, and it's cheaper than anything else we looked at, and bigger too. And the windows!!! I have windows everywhere. So many I don't need to turn on the lights till the sun goes down. I had to have the lights on all the time before. Now I have a bright, sunny house with a breeze so long as there is wind. It's been really nice all week.

The kids are happy here. There's a cubby in their room with a door that my little martha calls her 'hidey house'. She even put her bean bag chair in it with her toybox and she plays in there for hours. We will be bringin the cats with us soon. The landlady said they were fine with her since she loves cats. It's been such a blessing in a hard time to find this place.

We are workin on a three year plan to save the money to buy some property and then get a loan to put a modular home on it. We think it's doable and might even get us a decent amount of property. I'm just pluggin away here and plannin for the future. I am completely holdin on to the future and our new plan.

I will post a new picture of my little grandson just as soon as I figure out how to get them off my camera. He's growin like a weed and really enjoys bein talked to and bounced on the couch. He giggles alot! I love baby giggles!

I'm off to work on puttin things away. This place is a maze of boxes and piles right now. I will find the floor agian someday! LOL!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  2:13:09 PM  Show Profile
angela, your house sounds really neat. I hope you get the community garden, tho.

Miranda, I've had that cake, its good, Just didn't know the name of it.

The whol moving thing is beginning to sink in, and this morning I felt like I am walking off a cliff over a big dark chasm. But I've been in this place before, so I just keep imagining the house I want to live in. I"m also busy with daily life, which helps. I know God is in charge, and all will be well. SO when I write and say I'm freaking out, somebody could remind me.

Bunny, snork about the big banks losing money. But I thinnk they are making such huge profits because the do all this sneaky nickel and dime stuff to their customers.

Prayers and prayers for all. Got to go do some stuff before going to chiropractor. My neck is stiff and sore. Can't imagine why.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  4:08:07 PM  Show Profile
I got the community garden plot!!!! Yea!!!!

If the one person in front of me doesn't respond by the meeting date I get a 10x10, if they do, I get a 5x5. Either way would be great!

I get to have corn!!! Yea!!!

Nan...I totally get the fallin into darkness feelin about movin. I have been fightin it for months now. There is light at the end, but it's a journey to get there. Keep pluggin away and watchin and you will see it eventually. I promise!

Gotta go use the leftovers and make baked spaghetti for dinner. I love cheesey spaghetti! YUMMY!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:19:32 PM  Show Profile

Somebody asked me to post a picture of my little Valance curtains. Here they are. Just long enough
to keep the sun out of my eyes and yet let me still look out at my little back yard.

Good Evening My Porchies...It has been a nice day. The rain stopped for the afternoon giving us a little break before it comes again tonight.
But Praise God It isn't like the severe weather in Michigan.

Miss Miranda...yeah like Bunny said we call that type of Fruit cake...Dump Cake. It is really good and so easy. Maybe it is just us in the Pacific Northwest that call it that, I don't know. ~ I will be praying for Josh's cousin. Oh, so much illness going on.

Judy...actually the story of the Credit Union was pretty funny. Maybe I did look like I needed a dating service more than the average person. ROFLOL
Mercy Me!

Nan...you have the best attitude about your move. Look at it as adventure that God is going to take you through. When we moved in Nov. I knew it was God's will and timing because everything just fell in to place.
I think it is funny that your cat is called Miranda...since our Miss Miranda loves cats so much.

Ruthie...way to go on saving so much money at JoAnnes. I always go there with coupons in hand..but everything I want is always on sale. So, I usually just save a small amount. I think my best savings one time (and one time only) was a savings of $84.oo and I was pretty pumped about that. Almost did my Happy Dance in the Check out Line. *smile*

Joan...no, your cat doesn't want any competition for your affection. Cutie is just one smart cat! LOL

Angela...Wow! So glad to have you back on The Porch. Sounds like God has been walking before you and your family too. I am glad you got a place that you like and that you also got your community garden spot. God knows how important providing for your family is to you.
How nice that your house has so many big windows to bring sunlight into your lives. You had complained at one time about how dark your other house was inside...because of dark wood everywhere. ~ Can't wait too see pictures of your darling little grandson.

Well, I am off to do some knitting and watching a little tv with DH. Have a good evening girls and will chat tomorrow...
Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:38:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone!!! It has been awhile since I have been on here, this week especially has been so busy. I work for my son on Fridays, he owns a thrift and antique store. This week I had a dr. appointment on Monday and Thursday, plus chest xray, an hour wait there. My bloodwork all came back good, my sugar has been a bit high, but dr. says I am not diabetic, at least not yet. I had to use insulin for 1 1/2 years because I was on so many steroids for my lungs, it put my sugar levels high. I should be using O2 when doing things, but only use it at night. I think that is why I tire more easily. Hope all are doing well, having nice weather, and able to enjoy it.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, Peggy, very cute curtains. I can see the hen and the cups with the bunny on top, but what is that on the right side? I can't make that out.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  7:33:23 PM  Show Profile
Angela, thanks for the encouraging words, and congrats on the garden plot.

Peggy, how cute!
Thanks for the report on how your move went. I"m giong to make a list of what my special house would be.
Yes, I noticed about Miss Miranda and my MIranda

Janet, good you had a good medical report. Sounds like a good idea to use O2 doing stuff. Maybe you could see if that really does make a difference in being tired.

It is raining again, but straight down, for once. That rarely happens here. It's a lovely peaceful sound, too. I am getting tired of high winds. Noisy. KNocks trees down, blocks roads. It might snow again on Sunday, I hear. sigh. I'll have to dig up my geranium I think and just bring it inside.

Oh, when I mve, I decided I'm digging up all my lavenders, too. I'm debating about my bergamot. Darn, some things were coming along. But I know where I'm going will suit me, and hopefully will have actual dirt.

Good night, ladies.
nan
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  8:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies. Just peeking in to say hi. Would still really appreciate your prayers. In the last week I've lost 10lbs from the stress. But I KNOW God is in control and He has a plan and I'm resting on that.

Hugs

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  9:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Angela, it's so good to see you! I'm glad that things are going well for you. Your house sounds fabulous!
I hope everyone had a great Friday! I know I did. I had the day off, so a few of my friends and I got together for the afternoon. I'm officially one quarter away from being a junior in high school! Scary and exciting to think about!
I hope everyone has wonderful Saturdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  11:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Janet...the curtain on the right is flowers, with the words "Certified Farmgirl".
I also hung some heart shaped yoyo's on the bottom just because they are so cheerful.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 16 2012 11:35:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  07:43:46 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone!

Bunny I kno which cake you're talking about... my aunt made it all the time growing up. This is just a bit different, as you do actually mix up the batter before putting the fruit on top. The dump cake was always good but SO rich! This cake turns out a bit like an English pudding, especially if you put it in a deeper, narrower pan.

Before I forget, I do have good news for everyone. Josh's cousins called and it's not liver failure. He's starting to do much better. He got a stomach virus after their visit in Texas and got so dehydrated from it, that the virus hit his liver and attacked. Not sure if he's out of the hospital yet, but if not he'll be out soon. Thank you everyone for your prayers!

Well, as soon as I get my clothes out of the dryer and get ready, I'm headed to JoAnn to get a pattern to try. I've never used Burda patterns before, so I wanted to try a kitchen accessories pattern and see if I like it. If so, I know where I'm getting the pattern for my wedding dress.

OH YES!!! WHICH REMINDS ME!!!! I was sooooooo thrilled to see the article in the new issue of MJF about upcycled wedding dresses. I'm making mine from the ground up. BUT I wanted to add some pretties to it, and the article gave me some ideas!

I finally got some pics of the big paper flowers I made last night. I don't have them on my laptop yet, but I will try to upload them tomorrow night (if I ever get finished with my chores!)

Speaking of getting ready and getting finished, I better get going for now. Have a lot to do today before the party. Hope everyone remembered their green! *getting pinchers ready* Happy St Paddy's day to all!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  08:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Happy St Patricks Day Porchies!! :-)

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Angela, so glad you are back. Sounds like you have had an adventure. The house sounds nice. I like that it is cheap and will allow you to save up some money for a place of your own someday.

Nan, I know you will find the perfect place. At least the landlord isn't throwing you out right away. Hopefully it will give you time to find just the right place. Too bad you couldn't buy a spot of land for yourself and just put a really cool old trailer on it. That's what I would love to do. Something like an old Spartan.

Peggy, love the curtains. What a great way to use the stuff MJF sent you.

Well, I had a bit of a scare this morning. I found out my car insurance was cancelled last month. I didn't even know. I even paid it! But because I moved and didn't change my address right away, my insurance agent didn't know how to find me and when the mortgage company cancelled my homeowners insurance, the insurance agent cancelled my auto insurance. So, because it was more than a month, I had to start all over. They wouldn't even reinstate my policy. So I shopped around and went with another company. It ended up being about $15.00 more a month but my old company was going to more than double my rate. So nice of them. They lost a customer for life. So much for loyalty on their part.

The weather here is wonderful. The sun was out most of yesterday in the 60's and it rained at night. Today the sun is out again. I just wish my mom would open more windows. It is an act of God to get her to open one. I'm sure she is afraid someone will sneak in and kill us .... or worse steal something. Not that there is anything of value.

Not much else. I finally got my crochet flowers on my website. Peggy, don't worry if you see the one you like. I'm making more than one of each. I have one that looks like a daffodil almost ready. I even did some curly-ques in green to look like leaves. Spring is here.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  06:52:33 AM  Show Profile
Mornin Porchies!

Miranda...Good news indeed!

Bunny...I hate insurance companies and basically all big business in general. They have no common sense and care about no one. I had a company send a cancelled notice and my check to me the day after I was in an accident. They were known for this and when I took the whole thing to our county prosecutors office, he made a phone call to the company and made them cover my accident. They held my check for 3 weeks! They wouldn't cash your check until the next one came in so they could claim you were canceled instead of payin out for an accident! I always keep all paperwork companies give me, it was the due date on my policy and the date on my check that convinced the prosecutor. The postage date on the letter was 3 weeks after the date of my check and policy due date.

Kim...You are definitely on my prayer list!

Megan...It goes by so fast! Enjoy it!

Peggy...I love the curtains! So cute!

I had lunch at mom's yesterday to meet my nephew's new girlfriend. He's 21 and this is his first girlfriend. He's very mildly autistic, which equates to somewhat strange behavior and personality and extreme shyness. We all figured he'd just be single for life. He met a Pastor's daughter at our church camp last year and they emailed for months before she asked him out. She has several family members with different disabilities and didn't mind my nephews strangeness at all! She is very outgoing and pleasant and seems to have a calmin effect on him. She joined right in on the teasin and jokin with my very loud and forward family like she had always been a part of it. I like her very much and she is very cute. She loved my kids and talked to them like they were adults, even teachin them a few games to play and helpin them fix their plates and stuff. She's definitely a keeper!! I am so happy for him. She's a family person, a hard worker, and makes him happy. It's great!

Here's a picture of my grandson. He just looks so onry in this shot I loved it!

I'm off to empty some more boxes! I need to find the kitchen in time to make dinner!! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  09:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Angela, what an adorable picture of the little guy. He looks like a sweetie. Glad your nephew found someone special.

Miranda, glad to hear Josh's cousin is OK. Interesting about the virus. I had a friend that just got really sick and they thought she got food poisoning or Hepatitis A (?). She was in the hospital and had organs not working well. She had just gotten back from Texas a few days before. It was a really bad bug too. So glad he is better.

Not much going on today. I'm studying for my finals next week and finishing up the last homework for this quarter. I don't think I'm going to get A's in all my classes this time. I'm a bit bummed. I worked hard but the tests got me. I will at least get B's.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  10:26:59 AM  Show Profile
Angela what a precious picture! I wish I'd gotten pics of my best friend's niece... she's SO dang cute with her momma's sleepy eyes and daddy's curls and SO MANY eyelashes!

Bunny, I don't know exactly how all of that works but what a scare we had!!

The Irish cream cake went over REALLY well last night. We had SUCH a blast, but that's the way it is with my best girl friend and her family. There was SO MUCH food, mostly desserts... I told her husband that we were all going to get stuck in the doorway trying to get out!!

Josh is so very excited about looking for houses on Wednesday. We're going to go look at at least two houses, each on an acre or so. The others are more in town, but still nice places. I'm being more cautiously optimistic, but still hopeful.

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1399 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1399 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  12:30:58 PM  Show Profile
OM goodness, Angela, what an adorable granson....want to kiss that face

Opportunity Never Arrives...It's Here!
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  4:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Angela...OOOOOOhhhhhhh he is a little camera ham isn't he? So Precious! Aren't Grand babies more fun than
our children. I think every little naughty thing they do is so much funnier than when my kids did similar things. I guess because now I just get to laugh and send them back to mom and dad. Grand-kids can do NO wrong in this Ganmama's mind and heart. Though I am going to say that my sweet little Madeline is going to
give her parents fits as she gets older. She already is showing the signs of a strong willed child...that even though I never wished revenge or pay back on my children...they are going to get it anyway! LOL

Here is a picture of Miss Madeline in Her Saint Paddy's Maddie Photo:

I started doing a little yard work yesterday during a quick Sun-break. I figured
if I went outside for 10-15 minutes and just started raking out the flower beds
before I knew it...it would be all done. I actually worked a half hour yesterday
and got 1/3 of the back flower bed done. It is amazing how just a little bit makes
a Whole World of difference. Once I have all my flower-beds raked out and pruned
then I will start with the Vegetable Garden...prepping it for planting. I have
spring fever so bad! ~ Today, I went out on my patio which I call MY PORCh and pruned
back my potted plants even though it is raining outside...it felt great just to do
a couple more minutes of work. I thought I would be sore from yesterday...but no more
so than my normal Fibro Pain and Lateral Leg Pain...so, that was a bonus.
t
I did get up in the middle of the night with pain (it is worse when I lay down to sleep
for some reason) and so I clicked on Netflix and watched the first episode of the first
season of 24. My DH and I hadn't discovered that TV Show until the 10th Season and we just
fell in love with it. So, that will be my nightly diversion when I can't sleep. Watching
Old Seasons of that and the Gilmore Girls.

Son and future DIL took us out for Pizza today. It is a bit hard gumming it...but I could atleast
eat the topping. Ha Ha! We always enjoy their company.

I started working on a new afighan last night...it is actually a compact one for the car. I am just
using yarn I have here at home. But it is looking good and very fast to make.

Bunny...nothing wrong with B's and A's girl. I am proud of you for going back to school and
investing in your own future liket that. You will be happy you did...someday.

OK...well, my lack of sleep is catching up with me...so, I just might go stretch out for
awhile.

More later girls...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  7:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Bunny, you're better off without that company! I feel like companies sometimes say they'll be loyal and take care of you, and then they do stuff like that that causes them to lose customers.
Angela, your grandson is so cute! Great picture!
Peggy, Madeline is so cute, too!
Miranda, food does make celebrating holidays better! The Irish cream cake sounds yummy, too.
I had a really good weekend. Yesterday my friend and I competed in a forensics (public speaking) meet. Didn't place, but we did well. Then I went to a birthday party for my cousin. He's six, already! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was holding him in the hospital, so excited that my aunt would let me babysit one day. Now he's six! Then today after mass, I came home and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I was able to sit in the sun for a few hours before doing my homework. Now this week is a full week of school :( Oh well, that just means it's closer to summer! Have marvelous Mondays everyone!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  8:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies! Been so busy I can't tell whether I'm comin or goin. 2 more weeks and then things will settle down. Told DH that tomorrow is my sleep day. I won't have another truly free day till next Monday. So I'll stop in tomorrow and blab my little heart out. Right now I'm just tired and sad because of it. You know when you just feel run down and then the magnet on the kitchen timer falls off the back and then you just want to cry? That's how I feel. Silly, I know. So off to bed with me!

Bunny- Have you thought of recording your classes for review? (and evidence of your teacher's bad behavior)

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page