Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  09:18:41 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, I don't know off hand of any sparkly stretchy yarn. Sorry. I know of some that is stretchy but no sparkle. Go to this website and see if you can find it there. http://www.yarndex.com/yarn_by_fiber.cfm?info_type=2&info_id=564
Hope you can find it!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  09:19:44 AM  Show Profile
Megan...I want in on the swap!!!!

Peggy...I'm not completely sure what it is. I seen it in my heirloom seed catalog and decided to try it. There seems to be a great deal of controversy around it and where it came from and all. I thought I'd like to have something so controversial growin in my garden.

Well, I'm not gettin anything done today and Hubby is on his way home at noon! I guess I should get busy, but I simply don't want to. I think I'm gonna pull out my seed packets and start workin real hard on my garden plans. I also have to put a seed packet together for a friend anyhow. Maybe I can get Hubby to go pick up more lumber to start on my second 4x4 box. I know I can bore him into findin something to do besides watch tv. He usually finds something to keep him busy when I ask him to help me sort and arrange my seed packs. He likes to plant and harvest and run the tiller, but plannin and weedin sends him lookin for something else to do.

I guess I need to get the seeds out before he makes it home!

I'll see you all later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  10:35:29 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies. Slow day at work. I hate days like this with nothing to do. We received our layoff notices today effective the 30th. Hopefully we'll hear from the new company soon that was awarded the new contract. At least the new contract is supposed to be 4 years so once this settles it should be stable. The government can always cancel the contract though. I checked out the BBB and they have an A+ rating but it doesn't list their government component so I don't know if there have been any complaints that way or not. I hate these waiting games.

On a good note, a medical transcription company saw my resume online and sent me an email asking me to apply so I have that planned for this weekend since you have to do a typing test as part of the application process. I'll probably apply for part time and see how it works if they offer me a position. With these insane gas prices I would love to work from home again. I have a couple other leads for transcription companies and virtual assistant positions that I want to apply for this weekend too.

PeggyAnn- There's always things they don't tell you. At least you see the humor in it which is the best way to go. I also got a good chuckle out of the picture of the golden visiting through the dog door LOL. I've heard horror stores of skunks and other critters coming through those doors too which makes me very leary of them.

With the low night temps we've been having I'm really glad that I didn't give in and plant any seeds when we were having those record high temps. It's been below freezing the last couple nights. I'm still waffling back and forth about planting the beds. I'd hate to spend money on plants and then move but then if we don't move I'm going to be mad at myself for not planting and not having anything to can/preserve unless I pay more at the farmer's market. I've got a couple weeks left to decide.

Tonight I get to spend an evening with my son - just the two of us. We're going to see Hunger Games and then go out for Chinese. It's a very belated birthday celebration. He turned 20 last month but between his and my schedules we've had to postpone 3 times already. My older son was suppposed to be back at Ft. Hood today but apparently that's been postponed again to. I'll sleep much better once I know he's back on American soil. Needless to say his girlfriend is seriously ticked off at the Army.

Well things are getting lively here so I'm off to do some work. I'll let everybody know how the movie rated with us lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  11:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny. I just knew the yarn guru would have some ideas. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  11:36:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We are having a 58 degree day today but it's cloudy. When I woke up at 7:30 there was a heavy frost on the roof.
Peggy, our neighbor use to have a golden lab(Brittney)who would come in our house when we opened the door, sniff noses with our kitties,
take a treat we offered her...and leave. It was so funny and her mom couldn't believe she was doing it. She was so sweet and gentle.
All of their dogs since then were nice and would take treats from me,but Brittney was special.
Love the denture stories. I'll have to share those with Mama. She always mentions how she can't chew any gum,not even Freedent,
which they say is ok. It sticks for her. *giggle*
Well, I have dishes in the sink that aren't going to wash themselves...didn't I just do dishes?.....

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 15 2012 8:47:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Very slow day here at work. Only 4 customers in today. Waiting for 6 o'clock to head home. Actually I have a chiropractic appointment at 6:46 so hopefully I can get there in time. I may just bug out a little early today. We'll see. After that I am head out to the farm to see how my yard looks less 3 trees. I hate cutting down trees, but sometimes it has to be done. DH hasn't sent me any pictures today, so I have no idea what its going to look like.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's a beautiful day here in Kokomo, but its freezing in my office. I'm about to turn the milk house heater on! Brrrr. Supposed to be 70 tomorrow, but rainy.

Today is DH's birthday, but we aren't going out until tomorrow since I get off work earlier. He wants to eat at Johnny Carino's. If your not familiar, its a country Italian restaurant. Thankfully they have some gluten free choices. (I'm going gluten free in order to get my ds to do it.) So far I have lost a whole pant size! I don't have a scale, so no clue on pounds.

I am also going to try to get some pics of the new kittens if I can. I will post them on the Backyard Buddies and my pictures blog site. Here's to good light and long arms! (they are in a deep kennel box in the garden shed).

Gotta run - going to see what is going on elsewhere on the forum!! Have a wonderful evening.

Hugs.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  12:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Hallelujah!!!!! My kid bought me a new CPU...now I can get back to regular posting! No he isn't quite a kid anymore but always my baby! :) Anyway...we only need about 73 more posts on here to get to page 500. Then Megan get on with her swap!!

Hi Lora...my hubby has a long lost cousin in Kokomo! It was just an afterthought when I read that you work in Kokomo! Happy Birthday to your DH! Hope you have a great time @ Johnny Carino's...good place.
Scales don't mean much...the fact that you can feel it in your clothes is surely a much more impressive note! Congrats for that! :)

Try to touch base with the rest of ya'll later date! Missed you!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Apr 12 2012 1:00:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Patsy is afraid to join my Book'n Tea swap because, if she wins she thinks it will make the rest of you mad,because she's my sister! What do ya'll think? I say she can read it and give it away again if that's the case! hmmmmm?.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  2:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I think she should join and if she wins..then good for her....it won't make me mad...and don't think it would anyone else either

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  4:19:53 PM  Show Profile
Tell her to join in....

I have a beef stew on and found a recipe for biscuits I want to try. Picked dd up from school, bumped into some friends of hers and they showed a text message I want to forget...I seem to be more upset than my dd..All the filthy names..She hasnt been there for 3 days and it's still going.. I am literally in tears...

Upside note I have a stew on..My children are healthy..Im married to the love of my life...Now to get some property..Hugs to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  4:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Lora, happy birthday to your husband.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  4:54:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. I spent my day sitting around. I worked on my washcloth and I GOT A BLOG POST UP! The last one I did was in January, so click on the link in my signature down there at the bottom. I put garden pictures. Peggy, I got the Game of Thrones on the Kindle App so I'll start reading it tonight. I told DH about it since he likes those kinds of stories. I said, "It's the kind of story with a map in the beginning." DH made some tortilla soup tonight. It was delicious even if all the ingredients were out of cans. Hope y'all have a good evening. I'm going to watch something British and keep working on this wash cloth.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  5:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals! I told her you'd understand!
Julie, I'm thoroughly enjoying "Poirot,Midsummer Murders&Murder In Suburbia" ...all from the British group. Murder In Suburbia has Lisa Faulkner from Doc Martin(his girlfriend) in it....she's great!
BIG(((HUGS)))Debbie...I never had kids but Patsy had 5 and I worried about them growing up.Luckily, they were home-schooled most of their years! BIG relief!
Lora, sometimes slow days are a blessing in disguise. You can do other things for a change! ;)
Love Ya Gals!
Have a Great evening!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  6:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, today is mt birthday, so we went out for dinner. I had chicken and broccoli alfredo. It was good, but way too much garlic in it. My son and daughter will be over Saturday to celebrate. Thanks for all the cards I recieved.
It was only 15 degrees when I got up this morning, but it did warm up to 42. I washed throw rugs and hung them outside, but they did not dry, even in the sun. Still too cold here for that.
Will catch up tomorrow, have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  6:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
Judith your violet jelly sounds good, I have never heard of it before. Do you sell it?
Lora, HB to your hubby. We have a Johnny Corinl's here that we love to go eat at. Good food!
It was a cloudy, cool, drizzly day here today. I got out this AM and did some ground work with Philly Girl before it started sprinkling. I was hoping to get a little ride in too, but that didn't happen. I was pretty worthless the rest of the day. I guess it was the weather.
I have decided to try and go another direction with my sewing business. Instead of making and repairing quilts for clients I think I am going to try and just make up some along with other items and put them in my etsy shop, which I haven't had anything in for a long time. I have several jobs to get finished, which will take a good part of the summer, but hopefully I will be able to try my new venture in the fall. If it doesn't work, I will have to go back to doing what I have been doing.
Well ladies, hope you have a great evening.

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  7:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hey gals, Happy Birthday, Janet, sounds like you had a good one.

Thanks for letting me in on my sister's drawing. You all are so nice that Judy and I said we felt like "squishing the stuffin's outta ya"

Loved browsing your blog Julie, nice pics too. Never knitted a dishcloth myself before, always crocheted them. :)

Have a good night all.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  12:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies...
Well, I am sooooo tired tonight. We keep having weird weather systems and it is messing with my fibro something fierce. I did make it to teach Bible Study tonight and it was a great lesson. Lots of class participation...which is how I like it.
Starting to plan our Fall Retreat at the Beach. Summer always seems to fly by and before you know it...it's Retreat time. 4 Glorious days at Lincoln City!
Last year we only had 7 Ladies that could make it...this year it looks like we are going to have 12. Perfect size group.

My DH just said that he is going to take me to The Hunger Games tomorrow. I will love it...don't know if he will. But since we usually go to his type movies...this is going to be a nice Change! Yahoo!

Judy & Patsy...you two are so funny. Of coarse we want Patsy to enter your contest. Gheesh!

Julie...your dishcloth looked very pretty.
I enjoyed your blog also!

Lora...where do you work where you only had four customers all day long? Man I would be bored out of my head. When I did work...I loved jam-packed days. They just flew by.

Debbie...your beef stew sounds sooo yummy. That is one of my all time comfort foods. Did you make baking powder biscuits with it?
I am sorry that your daughter has been exposed to mean and ugly kids who get their kicks out of bullying. Schools need to have a No-Tolerance Policy on that.

Janet...Happy birthday girl!!! Sorry, I am not doing cards because of finances right now but you were in my thoughts and prayers.

Jan...are you still going to do Quilt Restoration on the side? I would think people would love to have somebody do that. I don't know of anyone around here who would restore old quilts unless it was Bunny.

Hey Bunny...do you do that for people too? I once had a quilt top that my grandmother had made...and I think I gave it away because I never could find anyone to do finish it off for me. NOW since MJF...I know a lot of gals who probably would...but now is too late. I carried that quilt top around for 35 yrs before I passed it along to someone who was excited to have it.

Well, I feel like I am just blab blab blabbing tonight with not much new to talk about.

Take care my Porchies and sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 13 2012 08:59:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:33:49 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, I work in a coin shop. We also buy scrap gold and silver. It's a fun job, but it can be dull sometimes. Thank goodness I have my laptop. That's one reason you might see so many posts from me - thankfully, too, the boss couldn't care less what we do as long as when a customer comes in, we focus completely on them. I bought the neatest sterling silver lamp other other day. It was beautiful! The lady said it came from Greece. I did find some Greek letters on it, but didn't have time to look them up. It's fun to spend someone else's money (tee hee) I have learned so much in the 9 months that I have worked here. I mean, I knew a teeny little bit about coins because my step-dad (rest his soul) was a collector, but I never knew HOW much there was too learn. I learn something new everyday! AND that's just about coins - never mind how much I learn on here!

There are some days when I don't have a single person walk thru the door, but then just 1 person can make the whole week!

YAY YAY YAY - just got off the phone with the boss - he LOVED the lamp. AND he said I could have tomorrow off (been working 7 days a week for ages!) He also liked the gold coin I bought. Going to go pick out my floors and counter tops tomorrow! WOOOO HOOO! Oh and the yard really didn't look that bad after the trees were cut down. It actually looked less cluttered!

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  09:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody! Nippy out again today but due to get to about 48' today. Might take a wander with the pups after I get home. Tonight's dinner will be porcupine meatballs in the pressure cooker, mashed potatoes, and some type of veggie.

Enjoyed my evening with my son last night. I really enjoyed The Hunger Games. Our evening was nearly cut short as he got a call during the movie that they needed him to come into work. Fortunately they found somebody else and we were able to go out for his Chinese dinner as planned. I didn't want the night to end. I miss the brat.

PeggyAnn - You'll have to let me know what you thought of The Hunger Games. I think your dh might enjoy it too. My son didn't tell me until we'd were seated that he'd already seen it so if he was willing to sit thorugh it again it had to be pretty good for the males also. I need to read the books so I know where they're going with the story line. It's got me intrigued.

Lynnette - I use to be like that too. Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? I normally had my annual during the summer so they didn't catch it for years but my vitamin D falls really low in the winter. I now take supplements and it's helped tremendously. Light therapy is supposed to be good too.

Can't remember who but you're from Kokomo, IN! I grew up in Plymouth, IN, so we were almost neighbors. I'm sure it's changed a lot since I was down there last.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  10:17:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls! Let's see how many of you I can talk to. Not used to this group thing yet.
Peggy, I know what you mean about the fibro weather..really feeling it last night and today! Was feeling a little better yesterday with the sun shining. So, I spent another hour picking a second qt of violets. Then spent 2 hours on my foam thingee on knees in the garden getting ready to plant, and about 1/2 hr. on knees cracking black walnuts. DH was watching me pick violets. He would call out the door occasionally "you missed one". lol He cracks me up. At one point I tipped over off the little padded stool onto the ground (its only about 1" off the ground; but, I rolled about 3 times.We laughed over that one! At least I had the little stool to hang onto to help me up again. Of course, DH saw that maneuver too. Can hardly move today. (wonder why?) It seems like I saw a pic of a purple dishrag that you knit. Was that basket weave? It was beautiful in that purple.

Janet, Happy Birthday to you, yesterday!!!!! I can't believe your cold weather. Bummer. Luckily, it won't last forever. I'd be getting antsy too.

Judy, I just love Poirot! My BIL has a DVD set. Would love that. Check out the Reading Room Forum. We just started a new thread for Film Buffs!

Debbie, how sad about the bullying. There is a "no tolerance" rule in our school systems; but, sadly, I haven't seen the schools follow through with it.

Jan, Good luck with doing your own quilts! Won't it be grand to go with your own ideas? BTW I made the violet jelly as well as dandelion jelly for the first time last year. 3 cases of each. I don't sell it. We gave it all away. So, it's time to make more. I also pick wild raspberries, wild grapes and gooseberries from our woods to make jelly. Have to say that's my fave taste. We gave all that away too.

Lora, I'm glad you explained your job to us..now, I understand about the few customers and your ability to chat with us while at work. There was a coin/and miniatures shop at a little mall here for awhile. They never seemed busy; but, I was sure glad they were here.

Well, I promised to take DIL shopping for the seeds we don't have. She and DS want to plant some veggies in our garden this year. Yay! I will start saving more seeds this year. Don't want GMO!

Tomorrow our local quilter's guild is having their annual quilt show. Can't wait to visit that. Only $3 to attend. I have a hard time going out to things alone; but, DH will go with me.

Tammy and Peggy, I don't go out to movies. Sometimes, we will see a rented with the kids or gkids. Can't wait to hear how you like Hunger Games. I just finished reading all three books in the series and really enjoyed them. Then in tied them up with a ribbon and sent them off to my gkids. The 18 yr. old started reading it before we got back home. Also, gave them Miss Peregrine's Home for Pecular Children which I also love.

Will pop in later. Farmgirl Hugs, Judith

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile
Still have a cold. Woke up yesterday with no voice for awhile. It's back, but I'm tired and don't feel great. Would like some prayers please. IT's also Bee Day. My friends have gone to Eugene (Ore.) to get all our bees and to learn how to hive them. I'll be driving to the farm later this afternoon to meet them with my hive.

Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  12:38:04 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon.

Picked dd up from school she got out at 11:30. And she's on her way to the store for me. So glad she's taking the high road and is just letting it roll off her back. She's just like her dad, me I hold onto grudges. Thats my fault I need to work on. Well one of many. We have recieved a dog back we rehomed in December. She doesn't act like she remembers us, but maybe she's thinking oh no them again. The people that brought her back took our male dog. He's part border collie but he's better with children than this one is.

Janet - Happy belated Birthday. Hope it was a great one.

Nan- Hope you get over your cold really quick. I bought some homeopathic tablets for colds when my kids had colds.Knocked it out in about 4 days.

Jan- Best of luck on your quilt journey. My dd thought up a quilt she's wanted me to make. Every once in awhile she asks about it. I tell her she needs to draw it out and we can look into getting it copywrited and sell the pattern. Then she reminds me I need to make a sample.

I haven't read The Hunger games, not sure if it's something Id enjoy. People try to explain it to me, but I just say Ok. I never have read the Twilight series or watched any of the movies. Last October when I went to my sister's house I just saw all the Harry Potter's. I think I saw all of them..i got bored after the first 2. We'll see.

Hope everyones day is going good. It's 49 here. So we'll see if it gets any warmer.Finally has stopped raining. YAY.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  2:19:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, we are having a gorgeous 65/sunny/light breeze. Perfect for house-cleaning. Chasing out all the left-over Easter dust-bunnies! hahaha
Jan, how did I miss your Birthday Dear? I sure hope you had a fun one. I'll get a card out to you soon. Better late than never. haha
Peg, so glad you had a "Blessin'-Lesson" at Bible study...gotta love those when ya feel down.
Lora, tell your DH happy birthday for me.I just looked at those sweet 'lil kitties.oooooo...i want them all. lol
Nettie *giggle* you sound just like my Sister(craftbug).She claims she's "Solar" and can't do anything when it's cloudy out. hahaa Well, at least you're a Funny big'ole bear.THAT'S a plus!!! teehee What kind of dog do you have?
Judith, I would loved to have been a little bird on the wire when you pulled your acrobatic stunt in the garden. lol Thanks for the Reading-Room tip. I also wrote down "Miss Perregrin's book title. Thanks!
awwww....poor Nan.Take a hot tottie and go to bed. I just ran across the movie,"The Secret Life of Bee's" in my library. Gonna watch it again soon. It's a good movie!
Debbie and all you newbies...join in my Book&Tea give-a-way.I have a delightful read I'm giving away. It's from "The Cat Who" series by Lilian Jackson Braun. The cat helps his master solve the mystery in a light-hearted and fun way. Just tell me and I'll add your names to the hat. That's all there is to it. I'm drawing a name Tuesday. I don't like heavy,dark stuff either. If I'm reading a who-done-it, it has to be fun. Right now I'm reading, Eggs Benedict Arnold by Laura Childs. It has recipes in the back to try. Gotta love that.It's a Cackleberry Club Mystery! Ladies running a Cafe' and sleuthing on the side. So far so good.
Well, the sweeper ain't gonna run itself is it? Where's a housecleaning Gnome when ya need one. hahaha
Have a great day Gals!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  3:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies. How's your Friday the 13th? Mine is so-so. I got flowers and a balloon from DH. Not because it's the 13th but because he squashed me this morning. I had left the bed last night because DD was sleeping there and stinking up the room with her farts and DH started snoring, so I went and laid down on her bed. At 6 DH got up and turned on the coffee and then came to lay down on DD's bed not knowing I was there and creamed me in the hip with his knee. Boy that is a lousy way to wake up. And yes, we frequently change beds though I usually stay in one place.

I have watched Midsomer Murders and love it. I did read The Hunger Games series and I like it because it's something most people can relate to in some way or other. Unlike the Twilight series (unless you really do believe there are vampires and werewolves). Something that is making me roll my eyes is DH's DD is being very overly imaginative about it. She's stated her teachers call her Katniss now and she's been asking her mom for a bow and arrow set for "years." I told DH, "She's a vegetarian. Exactly what does a vegetarian hunt in the woods?"

I started the Game of Thrones series last night. So far it's o.k. I bought 4 of the books so I will have to read it.

Lora, I wish I had your job. Not the working 7 days in a row part, though. I work 2 days a week now but really have to bust my rear for those 2 days. I enjoy every minute of my 5 days off.

Judith, I don't know if you were asking me, but I have knit a cowl in purple that has a cable pattern. I haven't done a washcloth in purple yet...hmm. I'm almost done with this white one. It's going to a penpal I met through GRIT magazine. She's a hoot. She said I made the cut through all the prisoners and romantic suitors writing her. She's a minister's wife. Haha I never thought about that kind of stuff when posting an ad in a magazine.

Have fun with the bees Nan! I loved learning all about them in class. They are fascinating little creatures.

Hope you ladies have a nice weekend!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  5:21:00 PM  Show Profile
Yoo Hoo! 50 degrees out and I have the heat off and the front door open. Blue as Blue can be. It is one beautiful day.
Judy, I am with you on heavy reading. The Cat Who..is fine by me. The only really heavy stuff that I cannot seem to resist is Nora Roberts?JD Robb's in death series mainly because of her being an overcomer and partly because my DH was a Celt and the Irish or Scots accent just does something to me.
Have a good one all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page