Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  9:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, was that a request to be added to the drawing? Or were you just sayin'? Couldn't tell! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  01:54:00 AM  Show Profile

Well Porchies here is my Bernat Medusa yarn and my first three Granny Squares.
I decided tonight to sit down and watch the turtorial a couple of times...since I have never made a G-square in my life. Well, three down and 125 more to go. It is fun though. My wrist is hurting because I am not use to doing much crocheting anymore...I mostly knit.
I also should have used the flash on my phone when I took the picture so you could see the colors better. I just love how all the colors transition off that one skein of yarn. I will show more pictures as I go along.

OK...confession time, we never made it to The Hunger Games today...we both decided we needed more sleep and went back to bed. So, maybe next week.

Julie...I hope you will like the Game of Thrones...I am enjoying it but one of the other gals in my reading group isn't liking it at all.
I had everyone just download the sample of it...so, if we didn't like it, or the majority didn't like the sample, then we would just pick something else to read. Majority rules and all that!

Netty, Lora and RFM Tammy...I was on early this morning and typed a post to each of you and then my computer hick-uped and it was all gone. I forgot to use Sticky Notes to type first.

Lora...I loved the sound of your Greek Lamp that you bought. I have a BIL who is from Greece.
Their home has many beautiful things that they brought back with them each time they go back to visit his family on the Island of Skiros. ~ Now, I understand why you can go for long periods of time with no customers. But it still sounds like an interesting job.

RFM Tammy...you sound much more relaxed since you quit the Crazy Job!!
Gosh we were so worried about you!
Has the man had any news on his job interview?

Netty...I can't remember now what I had written to you this morning.
Oh, well sorry. Hope you had a good day.

Judith...I laughed about you falling off your little kneeler. Sorry but it was funny! Were you trying to see where DH hid your Flamingo??? LOL
Sorry, your fibro has been acting up too. It can really be soooo hard to deal with.
I was out in my vegetable garden today trying to pull weeds and rake up old yard debree out of it. Mine is waste high and all rocked in instead of wooden boxes. So, I had to hop up there (which wasn't a pretty sight) and hop back down several times. I was praying that non of my neighbors were watching. LOL
I had gotten rid of all my lawn and garden tools when we moved to the Sr. Estates four years ago. So, all I have is a rake and hand trowels. I need to go buy a shovel and a hoe and quit trying to break my back bending over at the waist. I only got 30% of it done today...but it is a start. I want to have it all planted by the end of the month.

Yes, I did do a purple dishcloth in basket weave.

Nan...are you eating chicken soup and taking something for your cold or are you just trying to let it run it's course?
Oh, can't wait to hear all about your bee adventures.

Debbie...did you want your dog back? I think it would be hard to give a pet away and then have the people give it back.
Twilight and the Hunger Games are very different than Harry Potter.
But I liked all the above. I am a huge reader of lots of different genres.

Netty...I remember what I wrote to you now...I said I could relate to being a big old hybernating bear in the winter...because I am kind of the same way. I will throw my PJ's on about 7:oo at night and even though I stay up until about one am...if any of my kids call and want me to go out...I say, sorry, but I am already snuggled in for the evening and I am not going anywhere. Now summer, it is a whole different story. I am raring to go when it's warm and nice out.

Yeah Cherime...warm weather in Alaska...finally! Enjoy!!!! I never got in to Nora Roberts or her JD Robb books but my mother loves to read them too.

Well Judy are you getting more Porchies signing up for your give-away?
Tuesday isn't that far away now. We're all excited.

...it is almost 2:00 am...I think I need to call it a night.
More Later...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 14 2012 10:27:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  04:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh my porchies...it's been awhile since I actually posted anything. I read it pretty much every day...but I'm lacking energy & motivation to do much of anything. Sleep is only....about 5-6 hrs, if I'm lucky. (Of course, the stress doesn't help that much either.) I'm usually good when I get about 8-9 hrs. I'm not sure what I need to change, but something needs to change before I run myself into the ground b/c I'm so tired! I had moles removed yesterday - 2 on my shoulder, one on my forearm, one on my leg (all on the left side), then one on the right side of my back/side. So it doesn't seem to matter how I lay on the bed, one of them or more is getting stretched & is uncomfortable. I took some tylenol before bed...but it wore off, which is why I woke up at the ridiculous hour of 3 am! Not overly impressed. Oh well, maybe a nap later. At the very least, going to bed early!

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone, too much. But you're all in my thoughts & prayers. It's rainy & gray & blah out today, and it's before 7am...hope it clears off a bit. Oh! My patterns finally came in. I'm hoping I have enough energy to go buy material (a good 45 min - 1 hr drive) for them. I hope there is something on sale too, since I need approximately 6 meters/yards for each one.

Hope you all have a good day ladies!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  08:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Great granny squares Peg. The snow is finally starting to melt nice and easy in all the sunny spots. No so much on the north side of anything.
Hang in there Pam. Praying for you. Someone I know was commenting on FB about how we as a species were meant to sleep in 4 hour shifts with a small get up time in between. My body would like that but the job and the dog disagree. And when you have to get up at 4am.....
Netty, praying. I had a collie when a preteen and it was a major love affair.
Blessings all. Off to get some stuff done before certain doggy presents defrost, they are easier to move when frozen. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  09:05:29 AM  Show Profile
We have bees! We hived yesterday late afternoon out at the farm. We mostly botched it, too, but hopefully they will recover. Denise got both queens in their hives, and I introduced us to the bees after, and prayed for them and apologized for their hard trip. But we did it. We each were stung once, and it wasn't all that bad. But the poor bees were so tired. We fed them sugar water and pollen patties and hopefully they are better today. The farm is about 40 minutes away from here, so I won't be going to see them till next week sometime.
I'm feeling better coldwise. Tired today tho. but i was tired yesterday.
No, I haven't been doing much but taking lots of vitamins and zinc and other supplements. and rinsing out my nose with salt water, which is what I should have been doing in the first place. It sin't too bad, and i can talk.

I'm on my way to chorale rehearsal. tho I prob. won't sing much. not much voice.
more later
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:38:12 AM  Show Profile
Peg, nobody has signed up since Patsy joined. So only 6 so far.
Netty,we aquired a full-grown collie when I was 18 from a little old lady who had too many dogs.
A got so attached to him(Rusty).He was a very beautiful looking dog(think Lassie).
Well just over a week later she called crying and missing Rusty so bad that my parents agreed that returning him was the proper thing to do, since she was so old.
I was so broken-hearted and it took me a loooong time to get over it. After all....she had a house full of dogs. *sigh* Good thing I had another dog(blk/wht bearded collie named Rags)to
cry to. He was a big comfort. But yes, collies seem to fit right in wherever they are placed.I always wanted another one. Would love to see a pic of yours. What's his name?
Cherime,frozen doggie presents...how funny!
Well I got up to 45/sprinkles/very gray.
Praying for all our FarmGals in the midwest that God will protect them.
I had to use my inhaler this morning to open my lungs. Bronchitis is acting up, since this rain has been approaching for awhile. Then I made a tea of Breathabilitea&Herba Mate'. Great combo! I can breath deep and not "sputter" like I have a leak in my carburator! hahahaha Some of you can relate. Man, the inhaler is such a wonderful invention. For me anyhow!
Well porchies, have a safe/relaxing weekend whatever you do.
Love to all!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  10:54:14 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon porchies,
I am drinking some hot tea cause I have no voice. Caught a terrible cold from one of my sweet little butterflies and it has left me voiceless. Some might find that a good thing. It was quite interesting teaching yesterday. I wrote a lot of notes.

We are under a tornado watch here in Nebraska until 7. The skies look a bit dark already. They say we could have baseball size hail and 70 mile per hour winds. I am on a bit of edge.

Peggy lovely square. I still haven't found anyone to teach me to crochet or knit. I tried watching a video on it...but I am a hands on person and so I shall keep looking.

Judy put me in for the tea and book ...who could pass up tea. Ladies yall sweet things join up. Besides tea should just make you come running.

well I am going to grade some papers and chill out on couch. This cold has just knocked me for a loop.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Valkyrie922
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Sarah
Philippi West Virginia
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  11:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Boy do I need some coffee! I’m dragging today!

It has been such a hectic week, starting with filing taxes – I itemized more than $10,000 in donations; I don’t know how these accountants do it, but I do know they are in my thoughts this week & weekend. I still didn’t get the spring cleaning done, but like they say, that mess will still be here tomorrow! We have had flowers blooming here in “Zone 5” WV since the first week of February, and this Wednesday and Thursday – when I had been expecting rain – we got SNOW! Luckily, it didn’t seem to do any additional harm, but I foresee a premium on local fruit this harvest season. Any local farmer who has been outside before dawn spraying their apple & peach trees deserves that extra I suppose, but it’s sad that there will be so little to go around. It was in the 30s on Wednesday, the 40s on Thursday, 60s yesterday, 70s today, and 85+ tomorrow.

There’s so much more that I don’t have time to write! But I’m excited to report that I got a whole stand of briars cleaned out from under a tree I thought was an oak – sadly it’s a Black Walnut so I’m going to have to re-arrange my plans for where to place the garden. It’s actually four trees growing in the same spot, and will make a great spot for the kids to play & even has some limbs strong enough for swings! BUT, Black Walnut secretes a chemical that impedes vegetable growth. *Sigh* My dad’s coming over to break ground on my new garden, tomorrow & I’m going to have to suck it up and tell him he was right about the best place to plow. *Sigh again* I have a couple things I can go ahead and plant, but dad said the frost threat won’t be over til May 17. I really don’t think there will be frost in May. I should place a bet with him (the old timer’s say that fog in Feb means frost in May, but even if they were right in years past, this year has been kind of freaky weather-wise! I might be right this time!)

I am Waaaaay behind! The last posts I saw were on page 490. Inching closer to the big 5-0-0 lol. I’m doing my best to get us there quicker – and what was that I read about a swap to celebrate? OOOOhhhh I paid my dues & now I’m a full fledged sister too! I just applied for my first merit badges! And one more piece of news from my world: I’ve been trying to talk my fiancé into chickens & goats, to which he was immediately and emphatically opposed, but he seems to be warming to the idea… Fingers crossed!

Netty – great to see you here! I’d love to see some pics of your babies! Glad to hear that your son is doing better; such a shame that we can’t travel like we used to! But at least he made it to the hospital in Omaha!

Janet – that booger story almost made me do a spit-take! So glad I came inside for this!

Hi, Penny – You look so happy in that Easter morning pic! I will be praying for you & yours. I read GiGi's momma's blog post -- she & all of your family have been in my thoughts.

Peggy Ann – thanks for the warm welcome! Let me know if you try pineapple for pain management. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! Seems like your new denture is working out just fine. I have an ill-fitting dental plate – speaking of pain! I have taken my little grinder to them myself a couple times!!! And WHOA those granny squares look great! My Mammaw used to make those all the time, except the yarn you are using is a lot different. Makes the pattern look a lot more intricate!

Lora! Exciting news about a new house! Can’t wait to see how that goes… And the coins – how neat!

Bunny – what a great attitude you have with the teacher sitch. It still hurts, though! Thank goodness for a safe place to vent!
How do I get in on the tea exchange? I’ve never made tea, but I’m getting ready to start an herb garden so who knows…

Angela – Change is hard, isn’t it? I actually had this whole response written to you about trying new things and getting your hands in the dirt – sounds like you are doing the right things to get yourself back. You have been in my thoughts all week! You’ll have to share pictures of your Sonberries and let us know how they taste!

TAMMY – omigosh, I’m glad you are okay! One day when you can look back at it without getting so upset, I will share my crazy hotel desk-clerk story. Boy, the ladies who work at places like that must have “conspiring b&^#$” on their resumes! -- Where are you planning to move?

Debbie – I’m glad to hear you took your daughter out of the place where she was being bullied. (I am VERY MUCH NOT a fan of public school as it is now.) I hope she will be safer with lots of friends and great teachers!

Judy & Patsy – I think Patsy would be depriving the whole group by not joining in! How is the winner decided? I mean, if Judy decides the winner and then Patsy wins every single time, I might be a little annoyed, but rather than that, I think she should join & give her best try to win! Let’s go Patsy!!!

Julie – When you said your step-daughter has been “asking for a bow & arrow for YEARS…” I really cracked up! I find myself on the couch in the morning as much as often as I wake up in my bed... I feel ya there too!

Pam – Nice to meet you. I hope you find peace, health & SLEEP!

Well, I’m off to spend some time with my kids. My daughter is hanging out with my mom (otherwise known as Nana) and my little boy is down with some kind of stomach crud. He’s been chilling out watching Eureka! Til next time...
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  12:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Well my day started off crummy. This morning my horse was acting strange. Called the vet but he died before she could get here. He was 21 years old. I've had him for about 15 years. He showed no signs of anything being wrong. This morning he wouldn't eat or drink not even his grain. He was standing there shaking with pain. He had a little foam on his lips. Then yellow fluid started flowing out of his nose. He started to go down and then it didn't take long and he was gone. No idea what happened. I've given the details to my friend who is a vet tech/rancher and whose boyfriend is a vet. Hopefully they can give me some idea what happened. But I can't change anything now. I can't change dead. My children and I are grieving the loss of our beloved Hijuelo. I'm so thankful I was there with him. I'm traumatized at seeing him suffer and die but I'm so glad he wasn't alone. He kept looking at me and being affectionate with me so I feel certain he wanted me there. And I got to stroke his gorgeous face as he died so he knew he wasn't alone. And I kept telling him I loved him so he died hearing my voice. So now I grieve, and miss him.

Rest in Peace Hijuelo Sondeo you are deeply missed and loved.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  3:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Kim, how awful for you and the family. So sorry to hear that dreadful news. But I am sure he was glad to have you there. Praying for you and yours.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  3:07:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how sad..I'm so sorry for your loss.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  6:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judith: I think I would love to try the violet jelly, if only they come back since hubby mowed them off..sigh..I make dandelion jelly too, so much like honey. your hubby sounds like mine joking around. Have several qts of black walnuts in the freezer that I cracked out last fall. A bench vise is the only way to go with those! We pick wild blackberries too.

Nettie: We are solar as my sister said. No good without sun. :)

Nan: Prayers for returning health on the way.I always wanted a hive of bees, but didn't know where to start, so just buy local honey. It will be fun to follow your adventure with them. My Grandpa had about 20 hives in a lot and the worst thing we hated was when they swarmed. We ran for the house.

Pam: Prayers for healing. You sound like me, reading, but not responding. I'm reading the forum at the end of the day and tired, so not much writing getting done.

PeggyAnn: Love that yarn how it changes colors. Can't wait to see another pic of it.

Lynette: Hate tornado season. Praying for your safety and crops.

Cherime: had to chuckle at the frozen doggy presents too..lol

Tea Tammy: awww, you poor thing. praying for your health too and safety from the storm.

Sarah: wow! sure hate to find out how long your message would be when you DO find time to write. ROFL thanks for your kinds words about joining in on the book drawing. :)

Kimberly: So sorry about your horse. Praying comfort for your heart. Had a friend who didn't believe that horses could "feel" emotions, but I assured him that my horse "screamed out loud", not wanting to be left behind,racing along the fence trying to follow us when we left her on the farm because we couldn't take her with us where we were moving too. She was so affectionate too.

Hope you all are have a good weekend. Stay safe until we meet again. hugs

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2012 :  9:19:09 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Sarah and welcome to the Sisterhood!
I will put all the names in a hat for the drawing. Tuesday I will have DH draw on out for me.
Are you joining?
Tammy, I put your name in.
Anybody else?
Kimberly, I'm so sorry about your horse. You made me cry! I'm so glad you were there to love and console him so that he wasn't alone!That was a beautiful horse! Let us know what you find out about his illness!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  01:21:15 AM  Show Profile

These are some pretty blue-bells in my yard.

This is the first one of my Rhoddies to start bloomen.

Evening Porchies...I mean Mornen Porchies...it is almost 1:00 am

Kimberly...oh, you made me cry! How very sad for you and the kids. I hope you find out what got to him. He sure was beautiful. I am glad that you were able to be there for him. I couldn't do that when Bella was put down a couple weeks ago or our other dog several years back. I can watch people die and be there by their bedside...but my pets, I just can't go there. Wish I could. I know your heart will hurt and feel the loss for a long time. We are all feeling your loss with you sister. What did your horses name mean?

Sarah...goodness girl it takes you awhile to jump back in but at least you say something when you do. LOL I always like a good chatter on The Porch!

Patsy...I have never had black walnuts...do they taste as bitter as regular walnuts?

Lynette...We have been praying for everyone in the states with tornados. Boy there has already been so much damage so early in the season.
The devestation just seems endless.

Judy...I think there was somebody on the previous page that wanted in on your book/tea drawing but now I can't remember who.

Cherime...how was your weather today? Hope everyday gets a little warmer and a little warmer for you.

Well, today I slept in. But once I got up I made up for lost time. I worked out in the yard but not in the veggie garden. Holding off until I get those tools I need.
I planted several planters full of giant
pansies (my favorite flower). Planted some blue morning glory on the back fence. Moved some garden art around in the flower beds. Then I pulled out my three wheeler bike and set it on the Porch...and plan to plant flowers in the basket on the back of it. Once they bloom I will take a picture and show you. Should be cute!

Then I sat out in my red rocking chair and read for awhile, and watched my dog and the birds. Just enjoying my yard...it was another pretty day here.

Then I came in and made Meat Loaf, Brown Rice and Sweet baby peas for dinner.
When my hubby got off work we went to Barnes and Noble for awhile...then came home and had the yummy dinner I had fixed. Meat Loaf is one of my DH's favorite meals.

Then I spent the evening reading and making A Dotee Doll for a Swap. It is a Mermaid Dotee and I got the sea-shell booby holders up to high on the doll. Looked like she had boobies on her chin. My husband was teasing me about it...and I said, "Hey, those are just youthful perky boobies...not old lady boobies." We laughed, but then I went back and painstakingly removed the hot glued and lowered her boobies to middle age, position.
She does look better.

Ok, Ladies...my bed is calling me and I am headed there; even though I should clean up my crafting table...It will wait for me. I don't think I have any crafting fairies that are going to clean it for me while I sleep.
I did get the dishes done...so, that's what counts.

Night Girls! Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  01:58:00 AM  Show Profile
It is getting warmer. We have a seed company up here, Denali Seed Co. they used to have seeds in the big stores but no longer. On line only. They sell cold weather varieties. I checked and they only put seeds in two places. Luckily my DD was doing a health fair in Willow yesterday and she picked me up some seeds. I do need prayer for her as her health is under attack again. leg and feet problems just what a diabetic needs.
And Peg I do know about being there for our little 4 footed babies. Way way hard. Blessings all. Hopefully I will be able to get back to sleep shortly.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  06:52:54 AM  Show Profile
Nan - good luck with the bees! I'm too scared of them to even attempt having them! lol I'm not a huge bee fan...or anything that has the ability to hurt me!

TeaLady Tammy - I hope the storm passed you by! And that you are feeling better. Not being able to talk is hard.

Valkyrie922 - nice to meet you too!

Kimberly - sorry to hear about your horse - that's so sad. {{{hugs for you}}}

Hi craftbug! I'm feeling much better today, thank you. Of course sleeping can do wonders for you :).

Peggy - your flowers look so pretty! It rained here on Friday & it's been raining some today already, which is making things all nice & green, but I haven't seen any flowers up & about yet. The booby holder story made me laugh lol, that's too funny. I had a similar supper to yours yesterday Peggy - hamburger (just crumble hamburger), black rice (organic!) & peas. The first peas I cooked were in the rice & they turned black - yum lol. They tasted fine, just looked funny. So then I put the peas on top of the hamburger, then the rice on top of the peas & the peas were pretty green :). Made me feel better about eating it lol.

Well, I better go get ready for church. I'm hungry for something besides oatmeal, but I think if I have anything, it will be for either lunch or supper. Oh well. I bought some lovely material yesterday on sale for $6/meter (slightly larger than a yard) to make a dress for our ladies night. I only had to buy material & thread (plus some needles) & some tracing paper to copy the pattern on to. So I'm going to wash & dry the material today, copy the pattern & hopefully sew next weekend. With any luck! I also have other laundry & housework to do :s. Where is the dish fairy when you need her? I also got to go for a shower today, thanks to some "sealed" bandaids :). Although, I did find out that I still can't change the bandaids by myself....I think it took me a good 20 minutes to slap a bandaid on my back, & I had to keep sitting down with my head between my knees. Better just go to my aunt's or the hospital for the next changings! I don't like it at all!

Have a blessed Sunday ladies!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  08:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kim. *hug*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  09:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, how traumatic for you, I'm so glad you were there to ease his passing. I hope you find out what was wrong. So sorry you had to go through that.

Pam, sounds like you are having no fun with your hurts. I think it is a good idea to get help next time you need band-aid help. There are definitely disadvantages to living alone. I think it is cool you can make your own dress. I don't do clothing for myself very well.

Peggy, love the flowers! Spring is looking up. We have grape hyacinths growing out of the lawn.. I love that. There are also daffodils and some tulips finally. Too bad they don't last long.
Love your granny squares. It is actually something I have never made either. I use "stumbleupon" to look for new ideas for knitting and crochet all the time. There are some wonderful sites on granny squares. Check this one out... it is one of many I have found. (directions are included) http://crochethealingandraymond.wordpress.com/2010/09/05/grandala-square-tutorial/

I'm thinking and praying for all you ladies in the storm paths. Sure hope it all passes you by and just leaves you alone!

Well, today is a homework day. I sewed yesterday so I have to pay the piper. Thankfully I'm ahead in one class so if I need personal days later on, I'll be OK.
I spent the large part of yesterday dealing with job drama with my younger son. Thankfully I have a bluetooth for my phone so I can talk and sew at the same time. My youngest just doesn't get it and his last boss wasn't very good at communication. . So between the two of them.... drama. He was working for a cabinet making shop. He was passing out door hangers for his boss and really hated it. So when they were done with the allotted amount his boss asked if he wanted to do more. He and his friend said no. So they got their paychecks and asked when the next job was coming in that they could do. Their boss said in a few weeks and he would call them. So they left and waited for the call. My older son is friends with the boss and has been helping him out on the more complicated projects. He learned the job was coming in that his brother use to do. So I asked if they were going to call Jesse and my son said the boss said Jesse had quit. But my older son said if Jesse humbled himself and asked for his job back he would get it. So I called Jesse and he flipped out. He said he never quit. He had been waiting for the phone call the boss said he would give him. So big time drama, he said/boss said. I finally got him calmed down and MOM resolved the problem. He decided to walk into work on Monday and ask if there was any work and just ignore the quiting issue. I told him if his boss brings it up to apologize and say he must have miss-communicated as he never planned to quit. He doesn't realize that when he didn't want to pass out door hangers anymore, his boss just figured he didn't want to work. So just let it go. Jesse was upset that his boss just didn't acknowledged that he thought they were quitting. Just a total lack of communication and poor work ethic on my son's part. But he just doesn't see it.

Ok, so enough of that rant... I have another story I must share.
My son and I have a friend from California. My son went to school with his son and had kept in touch. Well, my friend's health has been failing and he has kidney failure and heart issues. He came home from dinner with his family and passed out in the bathroom. His stepdaughter found him and he had stopped breathing and was blue. So she told her mom to call 911 and they started CPR. So my son's friend goes to see his dad in the hospital and there was a camera man and journalist from the local paper there to "get the story". Apparently my friends wife had called them for the story because... get this.... it would be good for her tax preparation business because she had saved his life. We are all astounded that she would use her husbands close brush with death for a marketing ploy.

Well, enough from me for today. I really need to get to work.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  2:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, there's so much going on I'll never catch up!

Not much news at the moment.... still in the "wait and see" part of the home buying proscess. The inspection is supposed to be done tomorrow as well as the pumping and inspection of the septic.

Just did a HUGE amount of grocery shopping, and putting groceries away. Trying to figure out what I am going to make for supper tonight... think I might smoke a pork roast and make green bean casserole.

We went to the car show last night and it was quite pitiful... usually the cruise at the roundup is much heavier with classic cars, but this year, not so much. Just a lot of crazy tourists wondering what's going on.

I did have a good experience, though. Josh and I drove down to an area of town I have been avoiding since last July, and I was able to say a proper goodbye to a dear friend. His body was found under a tree by the Auto Zone, and I laid write roses there last night. I had a good hard cry for a moment, then heard his voice telling me it was alright and not to cry. After that, I felt alright.

Well anyway, girls, I better go get some laundry and dishes done, and figure out what to make for supper.

I hope you're all doing well!!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  4:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Add my name to the drawing. More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  9:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchie Gals, OK so far I have in the Book/Tea drawing"
Janet Doran
Penny McGee
Julie Felton
Peggy Smith
Angela Burnette
Patsy Shuman
Tammy Shroeder

Is that it so far? Anybody else? One(1) more day left to get in on it.
Peg, I've never seen that color Rhodes. Ours are hot pink. Loved the dainty little bluebells.
The Dotee Doll story cracked me up. Perky is good...there was a day when I did "Perky."lol
Bunny, some people just have to be the center of attention. That's terrible!
Miranda, so glad that you were able to say a proper Good-Bye!
Well it's late....nite Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  12:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Again...me and my late nights.

Pam...sounds like you and I had taste-buds hankering for the same kind of food. LOL
I don't think I have every heard of black rice. Wait, I think I have seen it in soups where there is mixed rice. Is it really long and skinny?
What does it taste like to you? Brown rice to me has a real nutty taste and that is why I like it so much!

Bunny...I checked out that crochet site you recommended, loved her stuff, don't know if I could follow a "Leftie" on her tutorials. Are you left handed?
She had beautiful work! Loved it!! I saved the site on my favorites so I can go back and check a couple of her tutorials later. Thanks for the tip!

I know what you mean about wishing the flowers lasted longer. I agree!!! This yard seems to have been planted in stages...so, some is blooming now and some won't come on until early summer.
But I am going to enjoy them all!!! In their time!

Miranda...you are in the hard part now...the seemingly endless waiting. Just keep busy sewing and cooking and before you know it...you'll be packing. LOl

Judy...we are counting until Tuesday. Can't wait to see who wins.

We have Rhodes in every color of the rainbow here. My favorite is the really red one. But I like them all. I like the hot pink too. We have a Public Garden over in Portland called The Rhodedendron (?) Gardens and they have Rhodes so large that you can walk underneath them like trees. I love to go over there every year when they are in there highest state of bloom! So Pretty!

Julie dear...sorry if I stirred you wrong on the Games of the Thrones...I literally got discussed with it today and slammed it shut. It got a bit too graphic for me, in more ways than one. Onto something better. That is why I always try samples first...then I am not out hard earned money if I don't like it.

OK My Lovely Ladies....off to dreamland.
Blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 16 2012 01:02:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  06:19:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

Sorry I don't write very often, but I do try to at least read your posts every day. Between work full time and helping my boyfriend on the weekends, the time just gets away from me! We had a wonderful trip to Massachusetts and Vermont over Easter and got to stay at the beautiful Wayside Inn in Sudbury MA for a couple of days. There is an old grist mill there built by Henry Ford and my boyfriend's father built the waterwheel. We donated some mill parts and hoists to them, and they let us stay at the inn -what a treat! Then we drove on to Vermont to spend Easter with my mother and my cousis. She is 83, but still insists on getting the whole group together at her house - she's amazing.

Before I forget - Judy, I'd love to be in your drawing if you are still taking names!

Kimberly - I'm so sorry about hour horse, but am glad you were able to be there for the end.

Peggy - Love your afghan squares - that yarn is gorgeous! Do you ever hear from our Darlene now? Just wondering how she is doing?

Prayers to all our farmgirl friends in tornado zones - please stay safe ladies.

Praying also for the rest of you ladies who are sick, hurting and in need of some uplifting.

Will try to keep in touch more often, but there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  08:47:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody, got up to clouds/77/wind warning/no rain yet though.
Luanne, sure you can still be in the drawing! Got ya down!
Here's a pic of our Rhody a couple of years back.We trimmed it back last summer to about 2 foot under the porch roof.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2012 :  10:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of you for your kind words regarding my horse. I'm dealing with some deep grief. That may sound silly because he's a horse not a person but I fall deeply in love with my horses. My Nevada died just a year and a half ago. Had her for about 18 years and was crushed with her loss. Losing Hijuelo is bringing back some of that pain too, like maybe I didn't work through it all yet. Having Hijuelo die now just adds to everything that has been happening since the beginning of March. I know I haven't shared that yet, I'm still just not ready. But please be praying for me. I'm on medication for anxiety, my Daddy is here to support and give me some security and I've lost 15 lbs since then.

Someone asked what Hijuelo's name meant. It's Spanish as he was a registered Peruvian Paso. Hijuelo means "to kneed" like the action that a cat will do with it's paws when it is purring. Sondeo means son. So I think his name means son of a soft kneeding action (Peruvians are gaited horses with a lot of motion in the front legs and they are the smoothest breed in the world) And my Hijuelo was a big show off. Loved to strut his stuff and looked SO good when he did. People often thought he was a black Andalusian. I've brought traffic to a stop while riding him beside a highway, he looks that good!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page