Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  5:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Woo woo Judy... I have never heard of it called a scag rag before.

Nan, you might be having stress letdown. Once a stressful situation passes, we can lose all our energy and feel down. You'll bounce back soon.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  6:51:16 PM  Show Profile
Julia, great pics of the kitties. I jut love the little squirmers....and the Glamper with all the lace and bling, that's my kind of Glamping! LOL
Sarah, your package is on it's way! Hope you like all the "What-Nots & Doo-Dads!" hahaha
Dianne, so glad to hear from you Gal!
Ya, Hubbs sure made everyone laugh. But then, if you knew him, you wouldn't expect anything less. He's a NUT!!
Well, we worked outside all day and now it's raining softly, I'm scrubbed&shampooed and ready for a movie and tea!
Good-Nite Gals! Happy Snoozes!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, y'all, for the encouraging words. It's worst in the morning. I saw my P.A. today, and she said that I need to get back to exercising too. I haven't been and I KNOW that makes a big difference. So back to the pool tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers. I'm praying for you all too.
nan

Snork. A friend of mine calls me Nannerbugs because I like bugs. I just got a letter from him. I almost signed that way.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  7:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick Hi before I go to bed. I hope to catch up with all of you tomorrow. Have been having waves and can't see to well, so will be back tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  06:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, porchie!!! It is raining hard today, but that is okay, we need it, and it is warming up, so maybe when the sun does shine, it will also bring in the warm weather for good. Yesterday I did laundry and hung them outdoors. It was windy, but still too cool to dry completely, but it did help the drying time in the dryer, and they smell so fresh. I grilled pork chops out knowing that it is supposed to rain the rest of the week, so made enough for lefovers tonight. They were so good!!! Tuesdays seem to be my baking day, I made banana bread, and banana muffins. Bananas were on sale, so I took advantage of it.I do need to get my herbs planted in pots, don't know if I will get to that today though. I am still trying to figure out where to put an herb garden outdoors. I need to get ready, my sister an I meet for breakfast on Wednesdays, something we have been doing for 20 years now. Gives us both a couple of hours of chatting and gets us out of the house for a little while, then I go relieve my son from his store so he can go for lunch. I seem to be such a routine person, but that is okay, I get stuff done that way.
Everyone have a great day, be back later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  07:00:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I came home from my shoppin to no electricity! I had to move the crockpot full of chicken to mom's to finish. Our main breaker got fried! It sucks to be the only one without electricity, but at least mom's house is only 15 blocks away.

I wasn't able to make my cinny rolls though. I was pretty bummed about that. So Hubby made some brownies for me with extra chocolate chips! Yummy! His brownies are more like candy bars. He loads them down with everything he can find thats sweet and yummy.

I did learn to make my favorite white sauce last night. I was so cravin walnut chicken from my fave chinese joint, so I decided to try to figure out the sauce for dippin my chicken in. It wasn't very hard. I searched the internet and checked a few cookbooks and put together what I thought might taste close. It was close enough! Hubby tasted it without knowin what it was supposed to be and said it right off. Yea!

Luanne...I'm a very patient person. No rush. Take care of your mom. I understand. She's in my prayers!

Nan...Depression sucks. I've been there off and on most of my life. I'll be prayin for you. We are all here to listen if you need to talk.

Netty...Wow! I've never even seen cows and calves worked, let alone done it! You must be one tuckered out girl!

Judy...I couldn't help laughin! That sounds like somethin my hubby would say! I would be horrified, but I can bet my daddy would set them all straight! My hubby and dad work for the same company. Too funny!!

Janet...What are waves? Never heard that term before.

Well, I'm off to try to be productive today. I'm supposed to clean the bathroom. I think that won't be too hard. I do need to get the towels down and washed, otherwise hubby and I won't have any for baths tonight. Maybe I can find time for some gardenin. I need to finish off my companion plantin in my pots and get a few things reseeded that didn't sprout. I guess I better get busy.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  08:15:55 AM  Show Profile
My Lovely Porchies...
My oldest son texted me yesterday...Wishing Me A Happy May Day!
He must of been thinking about his mom teaching him how to make those little May Baskets when he was a tyke too. :+)

Lynette...I can't imagine doing all that work with the calves. Wow...they (the men) should take you out to lunch. If you're going to be a Cowhand...you shouldn't have to be the Cook too. Fair is Fair! LOL

Judy...your DH sounds like mine! He so would say something like that.
He is a big tease all the time! I tell people if his mouth is moving don't believe a word he says...because he's pullen your leg. One of his favorite things to say when people ask him, "Hi, how you doing today?"
He'll say, "Well, not too bad but my wife is kind of a grouch! You wouldn't happen to do any marriage counseling would you?" People always say, "Well, no!" (which is so funny since we both were counselors). Then he'll say, "Well, what do you think I should do to make her less grumpy?" Upon which we get all kinds of answers...but one Lady in Fred Meyer said to him, "Well, buy her some Jewelry!" I said, "Right On Sister! That will do it!" And we high fived! LOL
But Larry pulled that again at Church Sunday Morning, with a young female usher...and the next thing we know...she leaves and comes back with the Church Counselor!!!!
How funny is that?
I said to the young usher, "Honey we didn't really need a Counselor, my husband is one." She turned bright red and all four of us had a good laugh (at my expense of course). LOL

Dianne...thanks for singing along with me. I must admit though...that most of my days are slow and easy. Being Medically Disabled for 10 yrs...somedays I kind of miss that hussle and bussle...but then I kind of don't too. I have gotten use to my life of leisure.

Julie...I agree, I had never heard that term 'scrag rag' either. I like it though!!!! The term...just the term! lol

Nan...did you make it to swimming today? It is so pretty out right now, but it's suppose to rain later...so I think I am going to go put on my T-shoes and go for a nice brisk walk. It will do me a world of good!

Janet...I wish I had a clothes-line at this house, just so I could hang my quilts out to blow in the fresh air for a day. Oh, they smell so good when you can air them out in the breeze.

Angela...you sounded so much happier and perkier this morning. Must have been hubbies Choc. Brownies!!! A quick cure for all things that bring us down!
How is his back doing/or shoulder? Which ever it was. Is it looking any better?
Glad the girls are healing up!

Well, OK...going out for that walk, but the sun is already behind clouds. I should have typed faster! ha ha!

Oh, and if you want to know who Won my Blogging For Books Give-Away for April...go check my blog today.

More tonight!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 02 2012 08:23:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  08:55:06 AM  Show Profile
I love reading about your lives and days.
I will swim later this morning. I have a meeting first, and after swimming, my singing class.

I'm doing better, i've remembered to take all my meds. I feel overwhelmed, tho. I've committed to too many things and am too fragmented.I'm trying to figure outwhat to quit. And if I do quit whatever,what will I do? I think I know, but how do I know i won't be so down I can't function. I hate depression. I'm sick and tired of it.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  10:35:49 AM  Show Profile
There, there Nan. *Hug* Depression does suck, literally. I hate that it sucks the will out of us. It sucks the energy, and the happiness. Do you have a calendar that you use to plan or schedule things? Do you have a collection of music that makes you feel better? I find that I can function better when I schedule things, even house cleaning. I play music that gives me comfort. I reward myself with small things, like a cup of tea. I work in small increments of 15 minutes.

Netty! I still haven't sent your package. I'm afraid it will have to wait till Friday. I'm broke for a few days and I'm trying not to go to town.

I should write a blog post but I'm feeling more like cleaning house this week. This involves a lot of dragging a trash bag around the house and just throwing things away. I told DH and DD I was tired of wasting time putting things back in their proper place. DD has learned quickly if she does not want her toys, books, or clothes in the trash, she had better clean up after herself. Harsh? Maybe, but it has AMAZING results.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com

Edited by - FarmDream on May 02 2012 10:36:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello, all!

Just spoke with DH on the phone. He said all the walls are framed and the trusses should go up starting Friday. Yippee!! Getting closer to being done! I can hardly wait to move in.

Lora

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  12:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon Porchies,
Hi! Hope all is well with each of you. I do miss the porch when not able to gwt on . Today I got called into work and feeling very overhelmed thinking of the mess I left at home. I feeling overhelmed by this whole packing sorting and getting rid of things. Sure hope I can do this. Everytime alot stuff goes out I feel like screaming . Not sure why thou.
Well on a happier note my dear friend Rose came to my nanny job for a visit. She was a big help. We redesigned the basement so it could serve as 1 or any of these functions except my craft room will always be.: an apartment,child care/preschool,bed and breakfast or a craft shop during the holidays. Even thought about using the space for craft day retreats. Of course I have a craft room. Plus a large storage area.
Hubby is progressing and going crazy. He's been off work since Dec. 18th having bone spur surgery on his left foot and then a bout a month ago already having bone spur surgery on his right foot. Katy will be home on Friday for the summer and is already thinking she's in charge. Praying I can handle her attitude all summer.
Yesterday I got a job offer to work on M,W,F if not working at my nanny job. I praying that God makes this possible. We really need the extra money. With hubby off work,Katy in college and my nanny job getting cut to 2 days a week. God is Good All the time,All the time God is Good. He will provide and hoping that the offer being placed before that the door will open wide.
Well Better Go Kids Will Be Home Soon,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  5:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
I do hope you are having a wonderful evening. I just got done grading a few papers, cleaning up kitchen and now having some tea.

Peggy..yes I have recess duty. i do share with another teacher but lately it seems I have it all the time..heheh You would be proud of me. I went to my bible study yesterday and didn't know a soul...but I came out of bible study smiling. I believe I may have found some new friends. Just wonderful.

Patsy..did you get your package from me yet. I mailed on monday..just wondering.

I had my first crochet lesson yesterday and I have never laughed so histerically in my life. I tell you what I had the most fun ever and let me tell you I think I could come to love crocheting onece I get the hang of it. I am working on making chains this week. And would yall beleive this..I tried it left handed and it just wasn't working for me. That was a total surprise for this very left handed Madame butterfly. So right handed it shall be. Oh yarn and me tangled up...now isn't that just a sight.

Netty...I have a very good idea where you live girly. So glad to know there is a fellow farmgirl in my neck of the woods...good ole Nebraska

well tea kettle is whistling its pretty song so I will be off.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  6:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Sorry I've been MIA but SO much has been happening. I got a job interview for a possible job with Chrysler yesterday! Keep your fingers crossed that I get called in for a second interview. I also got an email from a law office, unfortunately in Detroit, wanting me to do a telephone interview. I'll probably look into it. At least the interviews are coming in!!!! Now to land one of these positions.

It's the man's birthday today so I took him out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. He requested a cheesecake instead of a regular cake so I got a cherry cheesecake for dessert. He's happy. Unfortunately too broke to buy him a gift but he's okay with it.

Today when I got home there was a package inbetween the doors. Assumed it for the df since it was his birthday so I was surprised to see my name on it. His sister sent me a spindle and some turquoise wool!!! It was the spindle she learned to spin with and she's passing it on to me now. What a surprise. It's a beautiful spindle. I'll take a pic and upload it. I watched a couple videos on youtube and then worked with it most of the afternoon after I got home until we went out to eat. Other then a couple things, I think I've got it for the most part.

Well I'm tired and need to get some zzz's. Take care everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Evening Ladies,
I enjoyed the evening at church with an evening meal of mexican. Then a nice service. What a great way to spend world day of prayer. But I had a problem I couldn't sit still, Hubby was getting upset with me. I forgot my crochet. Yes I do crochet in church. Paster thinks it's great. Now I know why God help me learn so I could sit still for a lenght of time. Im not a sitter. Im very nervous and always wiggling. But crochet seems to calm me. Im off to pick up hubby and then to bed.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  7:55:13 PM  Show Profile
Nannerbugs...love the name. I'm a bug nut too(and drive a Beetle)heehee.Every time I'm in a store and see small plastic boxes, I say, "Hey...Bug Boxes!" DH and Mom laugh at me, but they know I love bugs. *giggle*
Peg, you crack me up, and YES we all love our "Bling!" It's a Girl-Thang!Oh I can't believe she thought your DH was serious...how funny!
Scag-Rag is a term I made up myself...good though huh? heehee
Yes I wondered who won your book give-away too!
Lora, Hip-Hip-Hooray for the house building!
TLTammy, loved your crochet story. Made me giggle and was tickled for you too. Wish I could learn how to do some of those needle-crafts.Mom said she thought knitting was easier than crocheting. I think it just depends on which one you are exposed to first.
RFMTammy, Your cake story reminds me that DQ is having "Confetti Cake Blizzard" month!It has soft pieces of white cake and pastel colored candies in it. Looks pretty and sounds yummy!
WOW! A spindle. Lucky lady. Have fun with that!
Ruthie, how neat is that to be able to crochet in church.What a concept. Makes me think of "Mending the fisherman's nets" & "Be ye fishers of men!"
I'm not a settin' hen either! *giggle*
It actually got hot(86)and humid today. I ran errands,and I was happy to get home and put cooler clothes on. ~whew~
Well, it's time for bed. Nite Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  8:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Tea lady Tammy, I am left handed and crochet left handed, but I knit right handed. Go figure.
Tammy, good luck with your interviews. That would be great if you could get into Chrysler. Happy Birthday to your man. Sounds like he had a good dinner. I have a drop spindle and a spinning wheel and cannot figure out either one, I get so frustrated. Maybe if I have time tomorrow I will try to spin again. I really would love to learn, but noe one around here to help.
Ruthie Ann, I have your package all ready to ship, but cannot get it out until Saturday, so you should recieve it on Monday or Tuesday. I am like you, My hands need to be doing something at all times.I am usually either crocheting or knitting. It is a great hobby though.
Well, time for bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  12:27:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...just real quick note tonight...I still have to go finish my Bible Study tonight (in bed most likely).
Hubby and I took a day for ourselves...went on a nice drive over in Portland. Then stopped at an Eatery my youngest son recommended called
"The Stepping Stone". Kind of a 50's decore gone yuppy. It was one of those breakfast, lunch, dinner places...all day long. We had breakfast at 2:00 pm. One of my favorite meals out.

Then we ran some errands and I fell asleep in the car, because my fatigue hit.
Spent a quiet night making granny squares...and watching American Idol.

Teacher Tammy...I think it will be simpler being able to learn right handed. And chains are where you begin!!! Way To Go!
Glad that you liked the Bible Study. Is it an in Home Study or at a church bldg?
What are you studying by the way?

Nan...I didn't walk this morning...after I got up from typing I was in too much pain from my fibro.

Julie...I did the same thing with my kids when they were in late grade-school and Jr. High. It doesn't take long before they are really good about picking up their stuff.

Lora...yippy, on the house!!!

Netty...how did the grilled hamburgers turn out? I love homemade burgers better than anything you purchase through a drive-thru. Yummy!

RSF Tammy...way cool about the spindle and the wool. What a nice birthday presant for your BF. LOL

Praying for you on the job situation.

Ruthie...I have heard of other people knitting and crocheting at Church. Whatever it takes to keep you in the seat to hear the message. ~ I have to always have my hands going too. But I take notes on the message at church. I cannot sit still anywhere and do Nothing!

Judy...well, I like your word "scag-rag". It fits!!
Lucky girl that you got some hot weather!!! How nice is that!

Janet...that is funny that you crochet as a lefty and knit as a righty. Quite interesting!!! You must be both a left brain and right brain person.

Well, off to get that study done.

My gal is coming in the morning to do my bathrooms and floors. She is the one that won the book give-away! She is thrilled!

blessings and soft, sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  04:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Gals! I got to bed around 12...listened to my libary book on tape(The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers)finally dozed off around 2AM, then slept fitfully because of thunder-boomers that strolled thru...and lingered awhile...bless their rumbling little hearts! LOL
Then I awoke at 5:15 and flipped&flopped like a flapjack on a hot griddle(well...it was hot&humid) *giggle* Finally got up at 6:45 after losing the battle of the ZZZzzzzz's! So I stripped the bed down and changed over to cotton sheets from flannel(flannel was ok until now). Funny how it wears out it's welcome like dropping a heavy book~WHAM~ DONE....change them NOW!So I did! *heehee*
We are expecting another 86 today! That's ok by me, 'cept the humidity is hard on it's heels~~whew~~ don't like that stuff! *gasp*
will have to go someplace cool...library maybe. Waaaay too early for this tropical stuff that usually doesn't hit until late July.
Also expecting some more thunder-boomers.
Peg, you'll be getting HEAT soon enough....trust me! It feels like a rain forrest.....MUGGY with a capitol MUG!!! hahaha
Well, gotta go start a load of laundry. Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  08:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. It is cool again early am 29 to 30 and up to 46 in pm due to cloud cover.
But the snow has all gone except for one tiny patch in from of my one north side of the house window.
Peg, retirement depends on if we can find another attorney to take this over and if I have to train that person or not. Hopefully not. I am really tired of the 4am wake up.
Well blessings and back to it.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  10:43:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!!

Ruthie Ann...Prayers and luck comin your way that the 2 jobs work out together!

RFMTammy...I have always wanted to learn how to spin by hand! I'm so jealous! Have fun with such a sweet gift. Prayers and luck comin your way for the new job!

TLTammy...I learned to make chains once when I was younger from my mom. I made tons of bracelets and necklaces for my friends and never learned any other stitch. Now I really want to learn, but haven't worked out the right time. I'm thinkin maybe this winter, when I'm not outside gardenin so much. I do seem to recall havin an issue with my yarn too. It kept wantin to tangle around my fingers and catchin between my toes. I think we had the same kind of yarn! It must be like those trick candles that won't blow out! Trick yarn! LOL!

Peggy...Don't you just love findin a neat new restraunt! Hubby found one by where he works that hand grinds the corn and hand makes tamales. We ordered a bunch of them for me and middle DD b-day party. They even make dessert tamales! We both agreed that sounded better than a cake. This will be the first b-day I haven't had to cook all the food for my own party in 11 years!

By the way, I think hubbies brownies did cheer me up a bit. I just finished the last one off while the kids were outside or nappin! I love gettin to eat somethin really yummy without havin to share!

Hubbys shoulder was looked at by the dr that his work brings in for yearly physicals and new hire heppatitis shots. He said it was a really bad spider bite. Hubby has to have it checked agian in a few weeks, but dr said it was drainin very well and that the hardness was kinda like an allergic reaction. He recommended gettin the house and barn sprayed as it very possibly was a hobo spider, with the train tracks 2 blocks from the house. He said for elderly and infants they can be dangerous. They just don't usually survive in indiana through the winter. MIL said she would have it done. The bite happened before we moved out, so it was there, not here. I am worried about those spiders here too, though. The train tracks here are only about 4 blocks away with most of the houses and the one business between here and there bein empty. I think I'm gonna put moth balls all around the whole buildin. That's what they do at train yards to keep them out of the train barns and such.

I was given a great tool for organizin my life and family alittle better and thought I'd pass it on to you fine ladies. Another Farmgirl told me about a website. http://www.cozi.com./ It's an awesome online planner. It can be linked to your phone for text reminders about appointments and you can make shoppin lists and menus and stuff. It can be used from smartphones and kindles and stuff. I now have my shoppin list right on my kindle! I love havin pretty much all of my lists in one place. The only thing I wish they had was a financial plannin section. I still have to keep it seperate, but other than that the site is perfect!

Well, I guess I'd better go and get started on dinner and try to finish up the plantin on the front porch. See ya all soon!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  12:18:03 PM  Show Profile
Ok. Girls Im only on here for a minute. Just want ot say I been reading all the posts. Want u to know that Im praying for good health and depression,homes and apartments,jobs and orangizing. Anything that alis my sisters. I want to say thank for the prayers. I figured out today at work as I was doning my cleaning that I think I have collected so much stuff because I had drama and was depressed. But that part of my life is gone and God is sending forward to fly. Just need to keep taking baby steps. I will get there.
For anyone who wants my pumpkin pudding recipe it's just recipe off the can of pumpkin baked in a bowl instead of a pie dish. My lazy or buzy girl pumpkin pie lol. I serve it warm with homemade whip cream. It's easy and good.
Janet please don't worry yourself about the package. Pease mail when you can. I just finished getting yours together and need to find a box for it . Hoping to mail it by Saturday as well. So you will get by no later than mid week.
Well time to get snack for the school agers and baby is up now. Hoping to write again later.
Have a great afternoon,
Ruthie Ann
P.S. For all MIA"s and newbies welcome.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  1:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody. Another warm day. Boy did it pour this morning though. Wow. Brought the dogs in and sat down to watch the news to get the weather pour and it just let loose. We're supposed to have rain everyday all the way through Monday :O( I'm going to feel like building an ark if this keeps up. The crazy weather has already damanged fruit trees in our area after starting to bud with the unseasonally warm temps and then getting hit with several nights of freezing temps. We've got tons of warnings going on throughout the state right now for the storms. Surprisingly it's sunny at the moment here :O)

I found some great videos on youtube for using the spindle. Here's a picture of the spindle and yarn. Isn't to beautiful!

Angela - thanks for posting the site. I'll have to check it out. I've used Yahoo calendar for years but they didn't have a blackberry app so I switched to Google Calender but didn't like it as well. It didn't have the options to color code things like Yahoo. I love being able to sync my calender with my phone so I know what is going on.

Well I need to get busy and figure out what we're having for dinner and I have the goal of getting the living room cleaned today - we'll see how that goes lol. Everybody have a safe and restful evening.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  1:55:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yay! my package came! thank you so much Tea Tammy! I loved it all and the gloves were teal! Can't wait to plant those daisies! Thanks so much! HUGS & SQUEEZLES

Edited by - craftbug on May 04 2012 11:55:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  2:03:37 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooooooooooo.....daisy towels........gimmee, gimmee sis! LOL
In case you can't tell girls, I LOVE anything daisy!!! haha
Nice gift TLTammy!
RFMTammy, that spindle and yarn is gorgeous!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  6:34:14 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,
I came home after an exhausting day with my butterflies and found a sweet little package from Patsy my swap partner. she gave me some herbs to plant, some tea, a handmade dish cloth that is just gorgeous, lavendar sachets, and some stamps to use for my little butterflies. here is a picture

Thank you Patsy, I love it and it really was a great surprise after a long day.

Peggy my new bible study meets at a church near where I teach and we are getting ready to do beth moore's The Patriarchs. Finishing up Her Psalm study. Although I will go back and work most of those lessons on my own cause I joined just as they were finishing that study up.

Today my sweet sons turned 16. Can't believe that! They are growing up to be godly young men.
Well ladies i am off for some birthday cake and cup of tea and then a good soak in the tub.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page