Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:36:24 AM  Show Profile
HI Porchies...I often say just a quick note tonight and then write a Mini-Series. LOL I am going to try to keep it short tonight. Very tired and high pain levels from the rain. But starting Sun. - next Thurs. we are suppose to have 70's and Sunshine. PTL!

Thanks girls for posting your gifts! How fun....loved them all! Isn't it fun to get something FUN in the mail instead of bills????

Madame Butterfly...you will love the Patriarch's study. I have taught that one. It sounds like, how could that possibly be relevant to today...but you will be amazed! We are just finishing up her Study on Insecurity...and then next we are doing James (in the fall).
We become a crafting group June-August.

I am with you Ruthie...praying for everybody and thanking God for each of you and the difference you make in my life on a daily basis!

Oh, and RFM Tammy...yummy color wool and gorgeous Spindle! Have fun with that!

Be A Blessing To
Some One Else,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  06:47:29 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning ladies! Just finished the bill paying. Getting Netty's package ready to send. Gotta clean out the car. Hopefully will find some free tires on Craigslist. You would not believe how hard it is to get ahold of some free tires to use for gardening potatoes. Walmart says "no." We drove to another place and no one was there. People say they will bring you one and never do. Sheesh. My poor potatoes need a tire! Lol Going grocery shopping and Hobby Lobby to get DD a dress pattern and material. I'll check back later with you.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Julie you could also check online and see if there is a free cycle in your area. I think you sign up via a yahoo account. It is a great way to get rid of decent stuff and find free stuff you need. You post what you have or need and people will respond if they have or need your stuff.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Julie you could also check online and see if there is a free cycle in your area. I think you sign up via a yahoo account. It is a great way to get rid of decent stuff and find free stuff you need. You post what you have or need and people will respond if they have or need your stuff.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  09:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, rotten iPad autocorrect.....freecycle is one word.

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  10:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Im so depressed today. DD called yesterday to say she didn't get any aid to pay for her summer classes and too late to drop them. So we had to come with 3500.00. Well with hubby home since Dec. money has been tight. Well I took most of the money out of my saving for the new house. Yes I was able to cover the cost of summer school for her . I now have 150.00 left. For once in my life I get some money in the bank now gone and now I will have to give up things in the new house if I even will get a house now. I just don't understand why when I feel like Im getting a head. I get pushed backed. After tea swap I will be dropping out of all swaps.
I will have no money for anything.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann...I can't believe the school could have made her pay for the classes if she had no funding.
I hate to say it darlen...but you might have bailed her out too soon and at your expense. Would it have
hurt her to miss summer school??? And maybe she could have even helped you on the move? Oh goodness, my heart is just breaking for you! That is just so not right or fair! What is going to happen when she can't
get funding for the fall and all your money is used up? Oh, I'm sorry dear, I'm probably not helping here.
Just know you have my prayers! God will work it all out some how...I just know he will.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}},
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  1:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie...I'm so sorry!! I wish there was something I could do to help you. I hate that you're feelin so low. I totally understand why, but I hate that this is all happenin to you. I will be prayin for you. I'm sendin all the virtual hugs I can your way! I so wish we were a little closer I would drive right over and give you a great big real hug!

Julie...I hear ya about poor taters! Mine are 8 inches tall in my basement waitin for the load of dirt this weekend. I have the framework for a 3x3x3 box with the top board square and bottom board square attached. It looks very much like a bad chinese box kite! lol! I will plant the taters in it when I get the dirt here, then add more board rings as they grow so I can cover them. Then harvesting can begin with baby taters while the plants are still growin! I just remove a board about 2 or 3 from the bottom and reach in and feel around for them. It's a pretty neat setup. I can plant 3 across and 3 down for a total of 9 plants per box. The center plant will have the biggest taters since you can't early harvest from it, the roots are too far in.

Bunny...I love freecycle! I have used it to clear out a bunch of stuff throughout my move and have gotten a lot of things I needed for the new apartment.

Peggy...Yea for nicer weather!!! Hubby has neck pain from an old injury when is humid or rainy, he is lookin forward to spring bein over. It's always so rainy and absolutely muggy when the sun is out.

Netty...I had to turn mine on twice now for a few hours, and nights I have the bedroom a/c on cause I want to be almost cold when I sleep. I don't like a/c much though because it reaks havoc on my sinuses. Strange that my dad has been an a/c repair man all my life and I don't do well with a/c? When I was a kid, clear up till I turned 17, we never had a/c. We had big industrial fans in both ends of our trailer and would switch them to blow or suck through dependin on which direction the wind was comin from. It worked great, but made it hard to do homework. It kept blowin away!! "But teacher! The fan ate my homework! I swear!" LOL!!!!

So many pretty pictures of so many pretty things!!! That spindle looks like a work of art! I want one!!

Well, I didn't get my laundry done today, but it's not my fault this time. My dryer broke it's belt. I can't even go get another one because hubby didn't unhook the trailer from the truck. It has a lock on it and he has the only key. I can't drag that trailer all over town and I can't back it up into the yard. So I guess I'm without a dryer for now.

I'm makin a pioneer woman recipe for dinner tonight. I usually don't try new recipes without a backup item cooked as well, but I'm refusin to make a backup this time. I am tryin to reduce my wastefulness. I do have some leftovers in the fridge and some canned soups if it doesn't work out. I think it will though. It's a meatloaf recipe with a sweet and spicy ketchup sauce and bacon wrapped around it. I really like the idea of the bacon wrapped around it. I've made meatloaf with bbq sauce, so I think the sauce will go over okay.

I'm also makin oven baked sweet poppers. I have shredded cheese and cream cheese to blend with a few spices and put into halved mini sweet peppers then top with asian seasoned panko bread crumbs. They get baked instead of fried, so healthier, and hopefully really yummy. It's a new recipe too!

I'm also gonna try my hand at oven roastin fingerling potaoes. I've never done it, but we like them at restraunts and it seems a simple enough dish. I haven't completely decided what seasonin I want on them, but I want them to complement the whole sweet and spicy theme that is runnin through the whole meal. Maybe a little brown sugar and my homemade mixed pepper flake. I don't know. I've been checkin the internet for spice combo's, so I have a list to chose from that's pretty big!

I got some really good news this mornin. Hubby called to say he played safety bingo at work. You only earn a bingo card if you've had no complaints, tickets, or safety violations for the whole month before. He usually forgets to put his safety vest on and the inspector marks on his sheet anyone not wearin them at every job. So I was proud of him just for bein able to play! Then he says he won! I was squealin and dancin around cause it's $300!! We have my nephews weddin next weekend and it's a 3 hour drive away. We weren't gonna be able to go with my new suv broke down. Now we can fix it, have gas money for the trip, and enough money left over for dinner out for mother's day! Thank you God! I've been singin praise to him all day, even with the busted dryer! LOL!

Well, I better get that meatloaf in the oven. I want to be sure hubby has a good meal waitin for him tonight!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  1:32:57 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
Honey she is here all summer with us and taking classes online. Her school is very strict about summer classes dropping. Even if they drop we have to pay. Also if she doesn't take these classes we will have to pay more later as we will have to pay for a full load of classes and board. Which would be 16,000.00. So I guess I shouldn't complain. What makes me really mad is that school emailed her yesterday to let her know this during finals week . That's just wrong as they have enough pressure and stress.
So she calls crying right before a final. Don't know how well she did but no matter what we will love her.Well where off to go upstairs to see where to start the downsize process. To try to figure out what tubs and containers we need to get started.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  1:46:40 PM  Show Profile
She just told us that she will get some funding for fall and spring but we will still have to pay the 20,000.00 a year like we have been the 3 years. God has blessed us . Im just being selfish. Im very thankful that her dad and I are able to help with school as growing up neither of us had help.
I witnessed how good God is her freshman year of college. Hubby and I were both laid off and on unemployment. Were told from the school we couldn't get any more funding. So we would have to come up with the 20,000.00. Well 20,000.00 did come out of the budget and when u add the #'s up the don't add up but the money was there. Don't know how or where it came form except from GOD.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  6:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Busy working but wanted to tell Netty that I got your package and it was a big hit! The 6 yr old was about to have a come apart waiting for me to get home and open it. I love every bit of it and I'm so proud to know you. I thank you for everything you sent. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  7:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, I am so glad you got some good news out of all of the school bit. God is good, we all know that, and I always say, never under estimate the power of prayer.
Peggy, hope all is going well for you.
We have had alot of rain lately also. It rained during the night and this morning, then it finally did clear out and we got a chance to take a ride to check out a campground, then came home and got the lawn mowed. We have a huge yard and are on a hill, so we have alot to mow. Last fall I got a push mower for myself because I can't get the mower started by myself, so I help with the push mower. I do about 1/4 of the lawn, but it does help. I also get some exercise that way too. More rain on the way for tonight and tomorrow. I may need to build an ark too. LOL!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  7:31:15 PM  Show Profile
We had a gorgeous day today with a temp of about 80. We had a terrible storm yesterday evening with thunder so loud, it sounded almost like someone banging 2 big pots together at the same time as the thunder. It scared the cat and me pretty bad. I was shaking. I kept saying "Jesus I'm scared, Jesus I'm scared!" I was shutting windows at the time, so it was creepy. The sky was a green/gray color. I didn't hear of any damage or any lightening strikes,but did it ever pour. Storms...the one thing I hate about spring! *shivers*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on May 05 2012 7:32:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  12:07:56 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening (yup still evening) lol My Porchies...It was a lovely day today. Not perfect weather but it's coming. I think I get to dock the Ark for the next 6 days...if any of you need to borrow it!

Ruthie...well, I am feeling better, that you're feeling better about the whole school thing with your daughter. Boy, those are some steep online classes she will be taking. I never dreamed they were that high of prices.
I loved that you gave God the Praise and Glory for helping out with the financial situation. He is awesome...that we can all testify too. His math skills are always better than ours.

Julie...that is cool that you got your pkg from Netty. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Janet...I am feeling better today, and over all better emotionally since going back on my full strength deppression meds.
Wow...a push mower is a lot of work. I remember when we were kids and it took all three of us kids taking turns to get that yard mowed with the push mower. I don't think I would like tackling that as an adult. Even doing 1/4 of the yard would be too much. But you "go girl!"
You may borrow my Ark for the week...I won't need it this week according to the weather man and I am praying he is right.

Judy...I love Thunder Storms! Probably because we don't get that many. And my dh says that they aren't nearly as loud as the ones you guys get. I don't know about that...I do know I love listening to them and watching the lightening.

Well, I finished the Cat Mystery...cute story. Nice, quick, light read. Everyone will enjoy it that signed up for the original drawing.

I will be picking a name this week (randomly) and sending it out. When the person who, I send it to gets it...please let me know, and then when you are done with it, you will send it to someone on the list. And we will do that until everyone gets a chance to read it.
Fun, huh????

Today my youngest Son and I went to visit my Auntie over in Portland. She is 72 and just a sweetie. But she can talk up a storm! I thought I could talk...but she has me beat by about a 1,000 words more per minute. LOL
I love her dearly tho!
So, I fixed up a little pkg of "I Love You" gifts for her. And she made us cake and coffee. She made my son's favorite Confetti Cake and Frosting...and then she lets him take the rest home with him.

After that he had to take his BMW in to Kuni to be worked on...so, I rode out there with him, and got to see his future MIL (as she works there). Her name is Patti and she is just a Sweetheart. My son is getting a neat MIL. So, we had lots of hugs and a quick visit while Shane transfered some stuff from his car to the loaner car. Patti hooked him up with a BMW Convertible for the weekend since it is suppose to be nice. She introduced me to other Co-Workers of hers and they all told me how much they loved Shane. That is always nice to hear. But I am also getting a gem of a DIL myself...so, I couldn't be happier!
Then, he took me to lunch and brought me home for a late nap. All-in-all it was a lovely day.

Off to bed to read and hopefully get to sleep a little earlier tonight.

Sweet Dreams My Dear Ones.
Hugs and Snugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
a bit cooler here in Nebraska after three days of heat, humidity, and storms we have a cloudy cool day and I am glad for that. I am not quite ready for hot and sticky just yet. But the rain means I haven't had to water, although it has sure sprouted weeds in my herb garden.

I would sure appreciate some prayers. My son in law was diagonsed with cancer on Friday. They are doing surgery tomorrow. They believe it is confined and curable. We are praying for the best on this. my stepdaughter and son in law are not real close to God so I say extra prayers that God will open their hearts to Him. I will let you know more after we find out tomorrow how things went.

ON a happy note, only 7 1/2 days left of school with my little butterflies. Then we are on summer break. Well I have some school meetings and things. We are getting a new principal and a new teacher as well. Our current principal is retiring and we had a teacher resign. But I am ready for some vacation. No grading papers, etc. It is just time for madame butterfly to rest her wings.

Tuesday I am going for crochet lesson number 2. I have the chains down so I get to learn single crochet stitch. I will try to post some pictures of my progress.

well my dryer went off, so off to fold clothes, work on my bible lessons for Tuesday, and have some tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Teacup Lane http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  1:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, send the ark this way!!! It has been raining since last night and more tocome the next couple of days. And it is cold, only 42 degrees, need the heat on yet.
Netty, nice that you can plant your tomatoes now, and to have help with them.
Tea Lady Tammy, Prayers for your sil. How nice to have only 7 1/2 days of school left. I am sure you are looking forward to a much deserved vacation. Yes, send pictures of your crochet work. I had a hard time learning because I crochet left handed, but I kept ar it until I finally figured it out. Now I go through so much yarn, but at least my fingers are still moving.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  5:53:43 PM  Show Profile

Ok ladies, here's my package from Netty. A farmgirl sign, a nice note, lots of tea, seeds, some curious garden bugs, and an oven mitt set. I love it all!

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 06 2012 :  6:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Julie, what nice things you recieved from Netty. Great!!!
I made meatloaf for supper tonight with baby red potatoes and green beans and banana pudding for dessert. It was so good and having the oven on took the chill and dampness out of the house. It is still raining hard,hitting the windows, now getting windy also. I hope after the next couple of days of rain it will warm up and stay sunny for awhile. I need to get out and plant and also start cleaning out the camper and getting it ready for the season and loaded up with food and clothes.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  12:03:13 AM  Show Profile
Well girls...it's quiet on the Porch today.

We had just a really relaxing day today. Hubby got half of the lawn mowed (had to stop every couple rows and rest). The grass had just gotten way too tall. I am going to try to finish it tomorrow while he is at work. It will depend on if I can pull the mower chord or not. I don't have the muscle strength I use to. But will pray God gives me an extra boost in the morning.

Sounds like everyone is having pretty nice weather except Janet. Our temptures were in the low 70's today and suppose to be low 80's tomorrow. So, I better do the lawn first thing.

Well, God maybe moving us in another direction...where moving is concerned.
My youngest son and fiance' are applying for jobs in Seattle. They both have an in...on a couple of jobs...through my oldest son and his wife. The wife's office is looking for a Secretary FT and the oldest son's company is an international company...so, they have 50 jobs available right now. Youngest son is applying for a job opening in Seattle...that is in his field.
So, they both sent off their resume's tonight. Youngest son, will only move to Seattle if his dad and I move with them. This has so come out of left-field but I sense God's hand in it. So, we will just wait and see. If we are going to move we might as well move big and have all my kids in one place. I think my middle son who lives here...would probably follow us too. This way, I would be near my Grand-daughters and get to see them even more...which I would love. Girls...How crazy is this???? I love it when I sense God stirring the waters. It is always fun to see what his plan's are.

Janet...the Ark is yours girl!!! Your dinner sounded yummy. I made a really good old German Recipe tonight...passed to my by my beloved ex-mother-inlove. It is pork ribs cooked with small new potatoes and sauerkraut. She use to cook hers in a dutch oven but I use a slow-cooker (crockpot). Yummy it was good too! I had really been hungry for some pork and that just hit the spot.

Netty...I don't share my candy well either! Especially the good Chocolate. LOL

Julie...oh, what fun stuff you got! Love the Farmgirl Sign! Isn't this swap fun????

Madame Butterfly...glad you only have 7 days to go before summer vacation.
For sure you must send us pictures of the crocheting.

Off to tuck myself in...and read awhile.

Keep smilen and sharen' the love,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 07 2012 12:11:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  3:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

It has been rainy and cool for the last few days. Now it is bright, sunny, and warm. I hope it stays this way for a while. I am tired of rain.

Tammy i had an oppertunity to take a spindle spinning class a couple of weekends ago. It was fun and I have been working with it. I still have a lot to learn, but I am enjoying the experience.

Ruth Ann I know the feeling. There are a couple of women in the Church I attend that bring their hand work. I have not brought mine, but I doodle on the bulletin so my hands are busy. LOL

Ruth Ann I have had that happen more than once. I think it is life some times. I am sooo sorry it happened to you. I am with Peggy though I think you may have bailed her out too soon.

Angela I have made some of the Pioneer woman's recipes. We have liked all the ones I have tried. I am a little picky on new recipes. Some things my DH just wont eat.

Julie at least yours waits for you to get home to open a package. I have come home and found a package opened and my DD (she is 20) saying she knew it was from one of the women i talk to on line and couldn't wait to see what it was. LOL

Peggy i was about to ask my DH to build an Ark. I get what ever you send this way. I am glad you are sending sun shine.

Tea Lady tammy My prayers are with you and your son in law.
You only have 7 1/2 day left??? I have 14!!!

We were headed to Portland to an Alpaca show this weekend, but it looks like we won't be going. My youngest DD who is interested in Alpacas with me can't get Sunday off. We would leave friday but not be back till late on Sunday. :( Well we will leave it in Gods hands. He knows best.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  5:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Today we need a ark here in Indiana. 5 1/2 of rain last night. Many roads are closed. Im sad today as I was in the secert sister swap and haven't gotten a gift for March or April. Well guess I have learned my lesson not to sign up for that swap again.
Otherwise all is good.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  6:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, I mailed out your package today for the 500 porch swap. I hope you like what I sent, it is not much, I just could not find anything country for the porch, so some are handmade.
Sounds like we may all need to use that ark, Peggy, send it down the line and we can all hop on. We will travel the country together!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  7:17:59 PM  Show Profile
Jan
Hi! I mailed your package as well today and I hope u like what I made for you.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 07 2012 :  8:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Haven't been feeling to hot. My cycle has been very rough and draining this month. I feel like every bit of energy has been drained from me. Today it slowed and I'm not as fatigued but still needed a nap when I got home from work. I may need to rethink taking an iron supplement and see if that helps. All the rain we've been having isn't helping either. Days like this I'm glad I only work 6 hour days. I did manage to work on a crochet project I've been wanting to play with over the weekend. I'll post pics later of what I made.

Peggy - doesn't it always happen when we think we have plans something comes out of left field to throw us into a loop.

Tammy - so sorry about your SIL. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Does anybody share chocolate or candy well? LOL

Tonight's meal: Stuffed peppers

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Warren, MI
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2012 :  12:23:16 AM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies...I got an email from Megan tonight. She received my pkg and loved what I sent her. She is
crazy busy with her last month of school. Promises to both send out my gift and to be back on The Porch more, just as soon as school lets out.

Well, I drew for the Cat Murder Mystery and sent out a box today. But I am going to let that person tell who she is...once she receives the pkg. LOL (Mean aren't I? ) Now those of you that were on the list...will be running to your mailboxes everday to see if it was you. Don't you just love surprises and mysteries?

Dianne...well if you get our weather after we get it...then you are going to love what's coming your way. You can pass on the Ark for atleast a week. haha

Madame Butterfly...I am so sorry that I forgot to mention that I was praying for your SIL. Please keep us updated.

Ruthie Ann...I have had several times where I didn't hear from my Secret Sister at all or just the first month...or whatever. It is disheartening but then last time...I had a fabulous Secret Sister. So, I try not to let those several...ruin all my fun. I have found that it is usually the new farmgirls that don't follow through.
They get on MJF a few times...sign-up for every swap going on, then they get overwhelmed and drop off the boards completely. Or they pick and choose the ones they really want to do but don't officially back out of the other ones. But I also keep a mental list of bad swap partners and if they have burned me in the past, I ask for a different partner.
But I am happy to say the list is short.
I will let you borrow the Ark too. Man that was a lot of rain you got last night.

Lots of you gals are mailing out your pkg for the 500 page Swap...which is great...can't wait to see pictures.

RFM Tammy...have you ever taken B12 sublinguel (under the tongue). Sounds like that is what you need. Iron can cause all kinds of other problems your probably don't want to add to your list of current problems.
b12 has helped me for years.

Netty...can't wait to see what Julie sent you...but hey, we ALL understand that need for 'sleep' over anything else. When I get overly tired I don't even want to take time to eat before I hit the bed.

Well, we are all just playing a waiting game NOW on whether we will move to Seattle or take an apartment here...or just stay where we are at. It's all about waiting on God and his plan.
It feels like a Chess Match, where you are just waiting for your oponent to make his move. So, as to not drive myself insane (which I hear would be a quick trip for me) I am just living each day in my comfortable house...doing what I always do.As little as possible. LOL Today, I finished mowing the backyard and sideyard, that my husband didn't finish. Then I planted some flowers in pots in the basket of my 3-wheeler bike. Then I was pooped, so I grabbed some soda and a devotional book and enjoyed my Porch and my time with the Lord.
Later, I drug in our Air Conditioner (one of the portable ones on wheels) and found just the right window to vent it out of...and got that all hooked up...even though I didn't need it today...I was feeling very optimistic over the forecast. LOL

Other than that, not much else exciting in my World today girls. Hope yours was good!!!!!

Off to read and unwind for the day.
Blessings and Loves,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 08 2012 12:03:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page