Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  11:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Lindsey, I am a huge Jane Austen fan...that was a good story you mentioned but I must say Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite. I call my hubby my "Mr. Darcy"

It is another hot day here..yikes I am glad we have AC tonight i have bible study with the girls and then my granddaughters are coming for a visit tomorrow...those sweet things...

well dryer went off and then off to crochet
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Sitting on the porch reading a back issue of MJF.

Pam

Stand for What's Right!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSZ8KGU/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  4:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Well Porchies,
Wanted to stop by before I try to go to crochet tonight. Was up early and worked on getting my flower beds under control. Hubby weeded the really tall stuff and I hoed and weeded the short stuff. Then came in for a wonderful shower . We enjoyed a nice lunch of btl's ,raspberry ice tea and fresh veggies. Then I worked on a few projects inside before heading off to take Little One to meet the new dog sitter. I called to rent a cabin at Patoka Lake for the week of 4 of July. I have to work on that Monday so we'll be heading out on Tuesday July 3rd and returning on Saturday the 6th. It will be a great week lots of festivals,flea markets, thirft shopping,campfires and fishing. Oh how much fun this is going to be. Hubby says I can't take my crochet and if thinks thats going to be he's NUTS!!! Hoping to find a place to buy yarn. Last summer I scored a ton of cotton for like 1/2 the price of the regular stores. Off for now . Im going to chaught up on all the post comments later tonight.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  4:16:20 PM  Show Profile
Peg, you are so funny. Don't let the afghan beat you down girl. lol....oh...and ,what's an air conditioner? Heard of them, but....lol We have 93,sun,humid...but breezy today. Drinking lots...but not hungry these days. Hot summers is Gods way of putting us on a diet after a loooong,overindulging winter. hahahaha I did go out and water the birdies, but staying still for the most part.
I still love Rocket-Pops...when I can find them. I didn't even mind the messy face and tongue after. lol
Lindsey, that book sounds good. Thanks for the tip.
TLTammy,ok I wanna see your Mr Darcy!!! hahahaha
Hey Sugar-Pam, Sounds like a good place to be with a great magazine! *giggle*
Stay cool Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 19 2012 8:15:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi I am new also but sure have enjoyed reading evreything, I tried making a granny square and got bored with the first one, I do better, not much better with chains in crocheting. I get much farther, I like other crafts and needlepoint when I have time for it.
We have had a lot of wind here for the last 4 or 5 days and it is so fierce I lost my patriotic windsock off of my porch. It was my best one and had been hanging there for several years. I hope someone else gets enjoyment out of it because it still was in pretty good shape. Well thank you for letting me share your porch, have a wonderful evening.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, now I don't think I'll ever attempt to make a granny square blanket! And I have friends who lovelovelove thai food, so I don't think it should be a problem to find someone to help me order!
Darlene, I hope you're able to find a new windsock!
Judy, rocket pops are the best! I personally like push pops and drumsticks!
It was hot again today! But I got outside for a little bit, and I did some chores around the house, so it wasn't as bad as yesterday. Tonight is my Mom's last day of work, then she's off for 12 days! I'm so excited, we're going on a mini-vacation before I go to North Carolina. Have wonderful Wednesdays everyone!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to all you new folks.
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the Austen-esque book recommendations! I'm not sure I'd call myself an "Austen Fan" but I do enjoy her books from time to time. Mr. Knightly is my favorite Austen hero though, not Darcy! I didn't really like Darcy at all until I read the book - now I know that the movies don't quite get him right!

Well. I received an unexpected job offer today for a desk job at an auto shop where some friends work. Answering the phone, entering things in the computer, scheduling "appointments", etc.

It's not exactly what I *want* to do, I'd much rather work as a "farm-hand" on an organic farm so I can get some on-the-job training, but it's full time and will definitely pay better than the daycare I currently work at during the school year, and so then I can use the extra money (what I make at the daycare is enough to pay my bills, so there will be extra) to split between savings and use toward our goals for the farm. I have a few days to think it over and pray about it... I don't want to take it just because it's available if it's not what God wants me to do. So we'll see.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:33:36 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Tonight has been alittle rough. I've had a bad sour and gassy stomach. I did manage to go to crochet for an hour now back home and the gas has started up again. I sure hope this goes away so I can sleep tonight. Last I was up ever 2 hours.
Welcome Shanda and all the new porchies
Julie-So sorry for your lose
Netty-Glad your feeling better
Peggy-Sounds like you had a great day. I love your granny squares can't to see it all done
Megan-Glad your having fun this summer
Rebecca-Coffe jelly. Well that sounds adventurious to me
Judy- So glad Im not the only one that likes to splash in the puddles
Tammy-So happy on your move. Im praying for you that you get your blood pressure under control. Im looking for a good diet to help to keep my pressure at a good numbers.
Well off to get a cup of tea. hoping my stomach calms down.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  12:25:24 AM  Show Profile

This is the Amazing Coconut Soup I had at The Thai Restaurant

Don't remember the names of these dishes but Oh were they awesome.

We shared these three Entree's...so we each got to experience it all.

Doesn't this make you want to try the Thai Food Megan???

This is our Blue Berry Cheese Cake Dessert Waffle. So Yummy!!!

And this is "Lou" the Giant Schnauzer at the Waffle Restaurant. He was so cool!

OK...wish I would have taken a picture of the Red Sports Car...but I didn't think about
it. I was doing the whole Food Critic thing and forgot about taking a picture of my
Chariot Ride! LOL But It Was A Great Father's Day!

It is suppose to be in the 80's tomorrow!!!! Yeah, I plan to loaf all day on my Porch with
my dog, enjoying the yard.

My neck and right shoulder were killing me all day from working on the Granny Squares. Hubby
put deep heat on it for me tonight...that helped a lot. I took the night off from granny
squares and knit a dish cloth instead. A Purple Butterfly Dish cloth! I noticed the difference
between knitting and crocheting for me...is knitting, I only use muscles from my elbow down.
Crocheting is like from the neck down. I'm not sure why the big difference...but I can sure
feel it in my body. That is why knitting is more relaxing for me. Anyway, I will show you all
the Afghan when I get it finished. It will be nice once I'm done. And I feel very good that I
taught myself a new (to me) project for the summer.

off to fold towels and then go read for awhile.

Enjoy Your day later...what ever you find to do...make it a memory!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 20 2012 12:28:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile
The recipe I used was Ed's coffee jelly on GroupRecipes.com. Rachael has given them all away so we're going to have to make some more. She's so proud of her jelly.
Well I had to go to get blood work done yesterday to check for chronic fatique. I aam soooo tired all the time. I wake up tired! My kids get so upset when I have to go take a nap in the middle of the day.

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  10:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, we got up to sunny,humid 90. Gonna get hot later! hahahahaha Possibly96! ~ugh~
We were going go to the lake and rent a pontoon,(oh,did I tell yall today is our 6th anniversary?)but not in this heat. I already have sun poisoning on my lower arms that is bumps that itch,then hurt.Is there really anything in sunscreen. I use a 50 and wear sleeves and I still get sun poisoning! How's that possible? Dave&I have been friends for 26 years(off&on) but only been married 6 years.
So, now we have to figure out a Plan B for our day. Something with a/c for sure or just stay home and veg and go out and eat this evening. It was still 88 when he got home from work at 8PM last night. THAT'S HOT my friends!
Toodles for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 20 2012 10:54:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  11:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon sisters,
Just thought I would stop by with some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate tea...did yall notice I remembered what kind of tea this time...hahahaha It is a much cooler day here and have a little bit of rain...My AC is thankful it gets a break

Judy My Mr. Darcy is tall, handsome, muscular, and everything inbetween..heheheheheh oh dark hair sparkling blue eyes...let me think if there is anything else

Peggy I loved the pictures don't think i would eat it as I am not into Thai food but very pretty to look at. I look forward to seeing your afgan. I am working on a scarf and I tried to post a picture of my progress and much to my dismay it did not appear...so I am pouting aobut that.

Ruthie..sure hope your tummy is better today

The granddaughters have rescheduled their visit for July as they had some things come up and with all the things we are doing with our house I think that will work out better. So todya I finished up laundry, had lunch with Mr. Darcy ...hehehehe and sons and this afternoon I am going to relax with my crochet and a movie I think.

Yall have a great afternoon and be good.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  4:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi porchies! Long time no see!
I just cleaned out my fridge and made my first Mary Jane Bake over!
It used up some corn, bok choi, an onion and chicken with bbq sauce. I think I used too many veggies because it looks more like a flop over, but it tastes great!

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.
C. S. Lewis

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  6:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! How is everyone doing in this ghastly heat?

We are viewing another house next Tuesday. In the meantime, we have to get ready for my family reunion this weekend. Oh boy! I have to call my aunt and see if there are any dishes the potluck especially needs. Otherwise, I will have to do something with seafood and veggies so Ric has something to eat besides pasta salad. Might make my family's fruit torte, too.

I could also see some Mr. Darcy in Ric: proud, intelligent, stubborn, and kind of fiery. He is tall and handsome too, but he's a pale redhead. (Kind of strange since I have always preferred dark hair, but go figure.) As a side note, you gals have inspired me to read some Jane Austen again.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, just a note that the tea exchange mail has gone out. Hope you like it.

So sorry about the hot weather. My son said it was 102 this weekend where he lives. Too hot for me. Hot weather makes me sick. I'm not looking forward to it. My mom says it gets really hot here after the first of July.

I'm enjoying my time off from school. I'm sewing a jacket for myself. It is so nice to sew for fun for once.

Enjoy your summer!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Well tomorrow is the first day of Summer, lets hope the weather is good for it.

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, glad you finally have time to "play". Hope you enjoy your summer.
Will catch up with all of you tomorrow. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  9:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, all of that food looks delicious! And what a cute dog too!
Bunny, so good to see you on here! Sounds like you're having a good break, as am I. Post pictures of your jacket when it's done?
Alyce, I hope your house viewing goes well!
Netty, a trip to Colorado sounds wonderful!
Today was hot hot hot, but it was productive. I went with my friends to buy books for school (of all days they choose the first official day of summer to do the books sale!). We took a trip to the mall, and I was able to find a new swimsuit top for our trip to Six Flags on Friday. It was more productive than the past few days, which was definitely good! I hope everyone has good Thursdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  12:44:08 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...

First off Bunny I am so glad you were on The Porch today...because I was seriously ready to send my Porch Possie out.

I got your gorgeous card today and my all time favorite tea!!! Thank you soooo much!!! I will save it for a cooler day to drink. Has anyone ever tried Chocolate Tea Cold before??? Let me know if you have.

I would also love to see your Jacket when you finish with it. I bet it feels so good to be out of school and getting summer break.

The Dalles can get very HOT in the summer. I love the heat...but I swell up from it (with the fibro) do you? I hate that feeling...like your skin is so tight it could burst.

Ruthie...hey girl, hope you are feeling better. That is misserable to have stomach upset like that.
Your Vacation sounds like a dream! I am so happy for you to get to do that. And you tell hubby that every woman takes her crafting where ever she goes. LOL

Rebecca...I think that is cute that Rachel has given all your coffee jelly away. It sounds wonderful...it really does and I think she is very proud to have helped make something so unique!

Judy...Wow girl you are really getting some HEAT your way. I think I would go find a big mud puddle and swim in it, forget the walking through it. LOL You must be really fair complected to get that sun poisoning so badly. I had a friend who went to Hawaii several years ago and she got sun poisoning the first day and spent the whole rest of the trip in bed in the hotel room. Now that would really be a bummer!!! When it gets really HOT here we like to go to a movie theater or the Mall.

Happy Anniversary to you and Dave!!! What did you end up doing to celebrate?

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the chocolate chip cookies and chocolate tea. Perfect choice Girl!!! Have you ever tried choc. tea iced?

OK...we all want to see that scarf once you can post a picture of it. What color yarn are you using?

Lynette...you must have been really worn out from those grandboys....but I know they were worth every minute of it weren't they?

Tracy...wow girl where have you been hiding? Nice to have you back. Your Bake Over sounded really good to me.

Alyce...I always admired Families that had Family Reunions or gatherings. My extended Family was never that close...so we missed out on that kind of fun. Hope you enjoy yourself!

Good luck on the house next tuesday!

Try to keep cool...sounds like a lot of you girls are getting some extreme heat.

Hey Darlene...you were one day off, as TODAY was the first day of summer. LOL But go ahead and celebrate it tomorrow too!!
We had a beautiful one here. Perfect weather of 81 degrees with a slight breeze. I stayed outside on my Porch all afternoon.

Hi Jan...how are you doing? Is Michigan hot right now? When I would visit my kids in Grand Rapids in the summer time...the weather always felt PERfECT to me. Not overly warm and not too cool.

Megan...have fun at Six Flags on Friday...but don't get sun burned girl.
Wasn't the dog cute?
He was so big! His head actually looked like a Scottish Terrier Head. His owner said that people tell them that all the time. He was quite the attention grabber at the Waffle House.

Well, my oldest son called me and asked me to come back up to Seattle to help with Naomi. So, my youngest son has an interview there on Friday...so he is taking me up Thursday Night. I will be there for 9 days. Naomi's day care won't let her back in until she is all through with the EKG's and shots, because of the Kawasaki Disease. So, gosh let me see...would I rather pack...or go play with my Granddaughters???
Not even a contest...packing can wait...I'm excited to go be grandmama for a week + . Unfortunately...my husbands birthday is this Saturday...so, I will have to make it up to him when I get back home. BUT the kids here can take him out to dinner or something when he gets off work on Saturday.

I will also get to see Madeline's Ballet Recital while I am up there.
She is in the 3-5 yr. age group. Should be so much fun!

OK girlies...I'm off to bed and my book.
Will try to keep current with you all while I am gone...unless I am too busy playing. LOL

Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 21 2012 12:53:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  06:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!

I've posted this request in several forums, and I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a copy of a cookbook called Coolidge Country Cookbook. It is from Plymouth Notch, Vermont and contains recipes from Calvin Coolidge's family and the tea room in Plymouth Notch. The lady who ran the tea room was a school teacher that taught my mom, and she would love this book and her recipes.

If you happen to have a copy or see a copy somewhere, would you please let me know? I'd be happy to barter or purchase it outright.

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  07:06:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies,
I tell you God has a sense of humor. He set the alarm for 5:30! Yep I was wide awake and thought really Lord? But it was a gorgeous morning for the sunrise. Took a morning walk and had a great praise time with Him. So for this not so morning person it was worth the wake up call.

Luanne sorry dear I have never heard of that cookbook

Peggy you have some serious fun for the next nine days. I am sure your hubby will understand. I have never had chocolate tea cold...so don't know how that would taste. Usually the tea says whether it is good hot or cold.

Bunny so glad to see you on here. Please show us your jacket. You have lovely work. Glad you are enjoying your time off.

It is supposed to be a lovely day here and we were blessed yesterday with a very nice and much needed rain. Praise the Lord. Everything is so green this morning.

Yall have a nice day. Check in later.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Squirt4312
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Rebecca
Mount Vernon IL
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:14:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! It is scorching hot already. Very small chance of scattered showers today. I hung my clothes out on the line and rolled the windows down on my car so maybe we'll get some. Maybe I should was my car too. Got my extra kids today. They've been here less than an hour and the boys are already fighting over legos. Went grocery shopping yesterday and spent sooo much! My husband is trying to gain weight and I'm trying to lose weight so I have to buy two different kinds of food. He always wonders why it's so hard for me to go on a diet (I love food). Now he knows, he hates to eat. So you can imagine how hard it is to figure out what to cook.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Ladies,
Im wondering if anyone is still interested in a reuseable bag swap ? No sewing involved. Just any kind of reuseable bag. I'll be taking sign ups till Wed. June 27th. Partners assined on Thurs. June 28th and mailed by July 1st.Thank you for helping me earn my going green shopping badge,
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  10:35:32 AM  Show Profile
Catching up on a few pages...

Peggy- I love going antique mall shopping, or consignment shop, or estate sale.

Netty- Glad you are feeling well again.

Shanda- I don't have Fibro, I am just lazy , but my husband has it and he takes Cymbalta, like Peggy.

Tea Lady- Praying your blood pressure gets better. No matter what, a healthier diet and exercise is always helpful.

Judy- I like your idea of walking barefoot down the street with a popsicle. Speaking of nuts..he he, we used to have a neighbor with some dementia and she would take a walk every morning and afternoon. She would pick up all the trash on the side of the road and then put in our mailboxes. Never knew what we'd find in the mail that day. I say keep being who you are. It entertains the neighbors! Maybe you should try cave exploring for your anniversary. No sun, you are outdoors, and caves stay very cool. Maybe you are allergic to the sun, instead of sun poisoning.

Tracy- Your cooking story made me laugh.

Bunny- I'm with you, hot weather makes me sick. Hope your jacket turns out pretty.

Rebecca- You could also try buying a bag of cement mix and leave it out in the open to try and get some rain. I did that yesterday and it poured! Now I have a nice cement bag shaped rock

Well girls, we are back from the funeral. I thank you all for your condolences and messages. They are much appreciated. DD did very well and put flowers and a drawing on the coffin. No one cried too much. The family all got along...while we were there...which is the most I could hope for. Now we are back home. DH's younger daughter is staying with us for a few weeks. She's 15 and very much a city girl. I made her an apron and she made bread and cookies for the first time the other day. When we were waiting for DH for about 45 minutes I showed her how to crochet, though she didn't find an interest in it just yet.

Today I am canning onions. I've been reading pages and writing my posts between cooking and getting the jars in the canner and now waiting for them to finish. We got quite a few this year and they are BIG. This was a surprise but I'm happy to practice my canning skills. I've also canned some tomatoes from DD's garden. She's really proud of those jars.

I would work on my new garden, but I left the cement outside and it got rained on. Drat. I just finished watching a show that some of you may have seen before, but I really liked it. It's called Frontier House on YouTube. They take 3 families and have them live late 1800s homesteader lifestyles. Some of it is pretty funny.

Megan- It's nice to see you back around here.

My tea month is coming up quick, I better get to work on it!

Hope you all have a great day!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page