Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  4:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Judy, prayers going out for your mom. Hope she will be able to move and be happy there. Popcicles sound good right now. It was only 78 today, but very humid, so it felt alot warmer. It is clouding up now so hopefully we will get some rain.
I am still tired from all the work this past weekend, and the humididty does not help at all. A couple months from now we will be whining about being so cold!! LOL!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  6:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi ya Hot Chicks! (most of you are cooking in your own juices, right? thot so)

My daughter, Angela, said her electric went out at 9:30 last night and still isn't on as of 9 pm tonight, so ya...they have a generator, so that helps to keep the freezer from thawing. She lives in southern ohio. She told me they brought crews from Alabama in to help fix things. Lots of overtime for those guys!

We got 2 inches of rain last night! sooooo happy

keep it cool, chicks :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Ain't it the truth! I said it once before ,but I'll say it again.....God is up there shaking His head and saying, "Will you people PLEASE make up your minds!" LOL
I have a tip for you all! If you like British comedy and if you like Felicity Kendal(Rosemary&Thyme), and Penelope Keith(To the Manor Born)....you are going to love the series, "Good Neighbors"-1975. I got disc 1/7 episodes, and I just love it! It's about a couple living in the suburbs who are tired of the grind and want to live off the fruits of the land. The neighbors don't appreciate their new habits or the new odors either. It's hilarious! You'll love it, I just know it!Enjoy, Chickies! LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  6:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Janet- Thanks for that little reminder about complaining about cold weather in just a few months. That really adjusted my attitude about the heat. It does seem like it will last forever, but it really won't.

Judy- ...a RAT...ugh...That is a top ten animal that I will never own. I know, I know, they are cleaner than humans and can wash your car and balance your check book...at least one guy tried to tell me that. DH has tried to convince me to get one before. I just can't do it. *shivers*

It looks like my magical garden is slowly getting created. Our experiment with fence post building worked great. Now I only need to build 14 more. When I went to ask the garden lady about dirt she said I may need a semi to bring as much as I want. Oh lord...I may have to think on it some more. Oh well, I can't do anything unless the fence is done. One step at a time.

Peggy- Believe it or not my DD was not afraid in the photo, but EXCITED! I gotta tell you I love her to pieces for being so adventurous. I'm really proud that she is so well rounded as to like tea parties AND snake hunting. She's even very helpful at doing hard work and understands what it means to contribute to the family, not just out for herself. She helped DH mix and pour the cement for the posts the other day. And she is so cute when we are leaving and she says she has to grab her goin to town apron. I know you're busy moving but I can't wait to get my tea from you!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  12:11:01 AM  Show Profile

Here is my Little Angel Baby Naomi.

And here is my Ballet Princess Madeline.

These were the two best pictures I took of my girls on the Visit to Seattle.

Alyce...sorry you have the heat to contend with. Hope Ric found out that he still has a job. Praying for you guys.

Ruthie...sorry you had to delay your trip. But hope you get off tomorrow and have no more eventful delays.
Enjoy yourselves and have fun for the rest of us staying home. LOL

Judy...praying for your momma and her wanting to move closer to you.

Well, finally this Hillbilly Granny is going to The Dentist tomorrow to find out what they are going to do with my denture. I am guessing that I will have to go toothless for another week or two. Which is worse now that the swelling is down...because I look more puckery with out my teeth in.

Madeline said to me, when I was in Seattle, "Hey, Ganmama...when I get to be a Ganma I am going to have teeth that come out too." LOL I told her that I hoped not!

Janet...today it was so cool here that I drank coffee all day to try and warm up. LOL It started raining tonight...which made me happy because then we didn't have to listen to pre-Fourth of July Fireworks all night.

Patsy...wow that was a lot of rain for one night huh? Even tho we haven't had real warm weather we too have been getting high humidity. Which is not comfortable anytime....hot or cold.

Julie...I am with you on the no rat policy.
Those critters creep me out. I will take spiders and snakes over rodents any ol' day.
Your daughter sounds like me at that age. I loved all the nature things. I had a couple pet snakes. Loved all kinds of ugly spiders...they fascinated me. I would catch them in jars and watch them for days.

Well, ladies...I went through all my craft stuff today and packed it up. (I have sooooo much) but I did get rid of some.

All I have left to pack is the kitchen and two bathrooms...and I can't really do that until we can start moving stuff to the new Apartment. So, I am kind of in a holding pattern...

Hope you all have a great Holiday. Keep it fun and safe!

Farmgirl Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  08:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Not only does Ric still have his job--he is getting a promotion!

It seems to me that a lot of farm girls are getting their lives "shook up" this summer. Everyone here is in my prayers!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Alyce, so happy to hear Ric is keeping his job with a promotion to boot... Good for him!

Peggy, I hate moving more than anything. I hate getting rid of stuff too. It always seems after you get rid of it...months later you need it. I would love to live in the cooler temps. I would have a reason to wear my jacket I'm making. I don't want to wait until winter to show it off... Of course it's not done yet. It could turn into a table runner if I mess it up too badly.
Your granddaughters are adorable. You are blessed with living close enough to see them so often. Good luck with the teeth. I hope it gets resolved soon for your sake.

Judy, thinking about your mom and hoping you figure out a way to get her closer. You are so good to her.

Julie, fun picture of DD and the snake. I too had a few snakes when my kids were growing up...guess who had to do the feeding though. it is a joy to see her having so much fun. Wait till she brings in a live one for you to see.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  09:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Am enjoying my nights, coolest part of my day, lol.

Angela just wrote me a note on Skype and said her electric just came on at noon, yay!

Love your pics peggy of the girls, so sweet! ahhhh, i remmeber when my kids were that little, seems so long ago..
and you're right about humidity, no good any way you look at it *slurps the popsicle* teehee hey,if you have to much crafty stuff, you can mail a box to me, lol
s
Hey Judy, maybe we should give these ladies a "rat for a day", bet they would fall in love...

Bunny: a jacket turned into a table runner, interesting. chuckle

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  11:20:43 AM  Show Profile
hahahahahaha......"Rat For the Day"...like Cookie of the Month Club! lol GREAT Idea Sis! hahahahaha I like rats,mice,snakes AND bugs....but I'm not a bit squimish when it comes to nature....I'm one with Nature! lol
Hey Patsy, we are getting storms here...watch Ang's 'Lectric go back off. Praying for those poor kids!

Alyce...so happy to hear your news about Rick! Yeaaaaa
Peg, those Gr-Babies are adorable!Thanks for sharing!
Temps dropped to 71 here and still raining...storm has scooted off to the South. Hang on kids! hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 03 2012 11:23:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  4:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies! Got too much to go back & respond to - being away for 4 days takes a lot to catch up on! lol But on the upside, camping was good (minus all of the nasty bites I got - from the black flies, not so much the mosquitoes thanks to my lemon eucalyptus almond oil spray). We couldn't go fishing, so there goes $15 for the year :s. Oh well.

Going to try my hand at some dryer balls using an old wool blanket from my Mom's. I had a hard time cutting it up, I have to say, but I'll get a lot of dryer balls out of it! Thinking I'll give some to one of the ladies I work with, if they work, when I get them done.

It's hot here too, and slightly humid - 30C/90F. Not as hot as a lot of you ladies, but that's alright! My ideal summer temperatures are about 20C/70F with a lovely breeze, blue skies (or rain, depending lol), and just lovely weather. Oh well. Thankfully hot summer days aren't here forever, and I'll be happy when it's nice temperatures again! lol

FINALLY! Got my course today....I'm not sure when it was actually there, since I checked last week, and it didn't have my name in the right spot - it was at the bottom and addressed to the pharmacy. So who knows, I could have had it last week! But I have it now, so I'm going to go take a look at it...Better go find something to make for supper, then look at all of my new books .

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  7:04:31 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
It was 100 here today in my neck of the woods and there is no relief in sight. We are going to the lake tomrrow to get out of the heat. Thursday my dear hubby and I celebrate 21 years of marriage so we have decided to take the day away. We are getting closer on our loan for our house so I will have to start thinking of packing. So Ihave been going to my classroom to get things organized a bit because with moving end of JUly and school and county fair in August it is going to be busy. I go back to the dr next week to see if my blood pressure is down. I joined the wellness center affliated with my dr. They have indoor track and exercise machines and I will live close enough now it is worth my money. I need to exercise my dr said along with the better eating. I am not one to do it by myself so by joining some of my bible study gals will be there so I can socialize mroe.

Peggy how did the dentist go today? Lovely beautiful granddaughters. So glad you enjoyed your time.

Judy...what is this rat thing I am reading about? good gracious sister...I would be afraid I would find it in my teacup...hahahhaha

By the way ladies I got to visit a teashop the other day in the city and let me tell I came home with some heavenly almost sinful delightful teas....oh my goodness they smell wonderful and oh my the taste was wonderful. One is a white tea and one is a chocolate oolong tea. I have never had either types of tea so was surprised.

Ladies have a wonderful and safe 4th tomorrow.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  8:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I got turned on to pet rats when I was a Jr. in H.S. and worked in the science lab with all kinds of animals....even a small monkey. Monkeys stink and are messy. !~blaaaaaah~ Since I wanted a small pocket pet to play with since I was still a kid at home, I was allowed to have a small animal in my bedroom. I started with a hamster...too noisy, a guinea pig...way too noisy...a mouse...stinky...then a rat. ~BINGO~ Not smelly,funny,smart,cuddly and playful AND it never bit me, like the hamster or mouse. I was hooked...just call me Beatrix Potter! hahaha You can wake a rat out of a deep sleep and it will play with you. I taught them tricks and key words to teach them to respond to me.It's been that way ever since. I worked all my life and didn't have time for regular pets. Even apartment complexes wherever I lived would let me have them, so I was never lonely...especially during my divorce back in the 80's.
When I met my(now)hubby,Dave, he liked them too, so we are all living "Happily-Ever-After!" ~The End!
P.S. We do have a cat now too.We've taught him to pet the rattie nicely with his paw. He does very well.He's well trained too!LOL
P.P.S. Rats don't like tea.... *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 03 2012 8:04:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  8:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy you have me laughing! Kitty pats the rat nicely! What a hoot.

This evening I've been working on my tea swap stuff. Just trying to slowly get everything together. The tea is bagged up and in the envelopes. Just working on the girly stuff for it. DH saw it and said, "Ooh, I wish I was a Farmgirl." He's so silly.

I checked out one of the Pioneer Woman cookbooks today at the library. She's fun to read.

Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  8:32:58 PM  Show Profile
Boy, things are getting shaken up for us, that's really true. yay about Ric's job! Bummer about all the heat. It's in the 60s here and lovely.

I'm packing, but it's a mess. I can't believe how much stuff I own, and I dont' want to own all this stuff. I waffle between thinking I'll get it all done by Sunday, or not. I hope so cuz the Youth Group will do the moving, if I can get the packing done in time.

Peggy you sound so organized.
What adorable kids
I'm going to do something or other. YOu could pray for me to stay focused, not panic and keeping packing.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  12:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Alyce...great news about Ric's job and promotion!!! Gotta love that quick answer to prayers.

Bunny...I will be glad when the moving is over. The part I hate the most is cleaning the old place once you are moved out. I am going to see if some of my bible study group will help me this time.
When we go to Retreat every year...we make a great Cleaning Team...leaving the place spotless that we rent. And we are fast at it too after 23 yrs.

Patsy & others...thanks for the compliments on my girls. They are such little angels!

We are suppose to have a nice 4th of July here with temps in the 70's. Just perfect!

Judy & Patsy...I want to see how many gals sign up for your "Rat of the Month Club" (not many I bet) LOL
I will take Take Tea of The Month any day!!!!

Pam...how do you make dryer balls out of wool blankets? I have never heard of anyone doing that before. I am curious on how well they work.
Glad that you enjoyed your camping. How come you couldn't fish?
I am just full of questions aren't I? LOL

Teacher Tammy...well the dentist went OK. He tweaked the three spots that needed shaved down on the gums...and as far as replacing the missing tooth that I swallowed...he needs to devise a way to mechanically adhere it. I drop the denture off Thurs. Morning and then go back in the afternoon at 3:30 to pick it up and have the bite fitted again.
He can't guarantee that I won't have this problem in the future with the Nylon Teeth. I am praying that he will fix this and then it will become a non-issue. BUT if he doesn't fix it to my satisfaction...I may have to go above his head to the Office Mgr. I hate confrontation but I will stick up for myself and what is right and fair.

Your Teas sounded good. There was a Tea House in Seattle I really wanted to go to...but didn't make it this time...but hope to on one of my upcoming trips. It was Beautiful on the outside with great big
orange Chinese Glass Lanterns hanging at different levels out front.

Hey Julie...maybe we can convence the Kitty to swallow the rat "nicely"! Ha Ha...just kidden ya Judy!!

Nan...I am a very organized person...my DH on the other hand is not.
I pray that you get your packing done. How awesome that the Youth Group is going to help you move. What a blessing!!

Well, today my youngest Son and future DIL quite their jobs. And I am so happy for them.
We spent the afternoon together and it was like the Weight of The World had been lifted off their shoulders. They don't have new jobs to go to...but they have several very good prospects. We will see if DH still has a job when he gets back on Thurs. Maybe yes, maybe no.

We had been praying for the kids that God would direct their steps. Shane managed for this woman for five years and finally could no longer take the high level of stress he was always under.Even when he wasn't at work on wknds he always had to be available by phone. So, really he never had days off. Over the last 6 months his blood pressure was going up and up...and he is only 26 yrs old. Not Good too be soooo young and soooo stressed!
Shane said that this morning while he was in the shower the Spirit just directed him on what he needed to do today...to leave with out burning any bridges behind him. And both he and Sadie quite at 11:00 am. They took me to my dentist appt. and then we went out for Sushi and had a Celebatory Lunch!
There just comes a time when you know that you have to step-out...so God can direct your steps to the next part of your Life's Journey. Today was their day...and I was really proud of them to decide not to continue working in such a Hostile Work Environment any longer.

Ladies...I have another Book Review and Give Away on my Blog Site. This time it's a Christian Fantasy Fiction (Allegory) Read. It is Youth Fiction but if you like Fantasy Fiction you too will probably enjoy it. I did...mainly because I like to read good books that I
can recommend to both youth and adults (comes from managing Christian Book Stores for years, I'm sure).
If you aren't into Fantasy but you know of a young person who is...then try to win it for them. Kids, grand-kids, nieces, nephews
or just the kid next door who needs to be introduced to Jesus.

HAPPY FOURTH MY PORCHIES!!!!

Hugs and sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 04 2012 10:58:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  07:27:47 AM  Show Profile
Well, Judy, I definitely am not a rat person, or mice. BUT I do like most creatures. I had a pet alligator when I was 13, had 13 birds in the 80's and 10 years ago I had 11 turtles. Made a pen and pool for them, and in the winter they had a huge aquarium indoors. I used to go down to the lake every day with my ice cream pail and catch 100 toads to feed them. They loved them. They would scurry to me whenever they saw me. They knew the hand that fed them. I even operated on one of them. He had an ear abcess. Now, I tell you, it is very hard to operate on a turtles head when he hides it in his shell, but I managed to cut it out bit by bit with an exacto knife, and by golly, it worked. Then I had a big crate for him for his hospital bed until he healed. It got to be too much work to keep up their pool, so in the fall we brought them to our favorite lake and let them go in hopes that they all made it through the winter. I could keep frogs and toads, even maybe snakes if hubby would let me, but I just don't think I could sleep with rats in the house!! LOL!!!
It is already 80 and very humid, just sweating here typing. We are off to go have breakfast somewhere, then start the day, probably mowing the lawn? More later, Have a wonderful day today, and try to stay cool!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  10:34:14 AM  Show Profile
Well girls...I spoke too soon. The higher-ups abruptly reversed their decision and decided to eliminate the entire QA team. Ric's last day is Friday. We are both heartbroken.

The good news is that he lined up five different prospects in two hours, so I know he will be working again soon! It sounds like the employment agency could have him back at work on Monday already, but he is going to ready his papers for unemployment just in case.

Happy 4th of July girls. Tofu pups, pasta salad, chips, and peanut butter cake. Yum!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  10:52:09 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY PORCHIES!!!
HAVE A SAFE&SPECTACULAR DAY!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
HUGS&SQUEEZLES
JUDY

We have 91 with a heat index of 104. ~ugh~ Hubs is working...I'm staying in!!!lol
Julie, you can tell your hubby that I wish he were a farmgirl too...cause boys have (cooties)... eeewwwww...hahahahaha
Ya, Rascal petted a toad on the patio last night too. We kept saying the same thing to him that we say when he pats the ratties.."Be niiice,be niiiice." And he does. You just know that he wants to ~WHAP~ it into next week...you can see it in his eyes. hahahahahaha
He's like "Animal" on the Muppets, on his drums, playing a minuette...when he really wants to play "WIPE-OUT!" hahahaha
Peggy...hahahahaha...You say, "I'm just full of questions aren't I?".....you were around those Gr-Babies too long!!!hahahaha
Hoooraaay for Shane&Sadie...good for them and glad you went out to celebrate with them.
And it's ok if you pick on my rattie-fur-babies. A lot of people don't like varments....Like I said before, I can't help myself, I'm just a Beatrix Potter, I love all the little critters! lol
Yes, I think you should ask your Prayer/Bible study group to help you out.That's a GREAT idea! What better way to fellowship than to be a Blessing to a special sister in need.Wish I were closer to ya!We could sweat&gripe together! *giggle*
Janet, you and I are very much alike. Bless you for your love&care of "All Creatures(Great&)Small!" And you did your own surgeries too. How cool is that!I aways wanted a pet alligator when I was a kid. Mom always thought they would get too big and eat us,I think. hahaha She loved all creatures. I'd catch something and go to her and we'd go to our encyclopedias and look it up(bug,spider,snake,lizard)She was the best Mama for a kid! Still is! *giggle*
Well stay cool my Porchie-Buds! And drink...drink...drink! I don't want to hear that so'n so fainted because she was dehydrated!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  11:20:13 AM  Show Profile
Alyce, so sorry about Ric losing that job. You wonder what these guys are thinking giving a promotion and then letting him go. There is no humanity in the business world anymore.

Nan, just take one area at a time. Give yourself a time limit and a reward when you are done. Take a big garbage can and line it with a bag. Put stuff that can be sent to goodwill in it. Make sure you can lift it from time to time. I got rid of so much stuff that way. You can do this!

Peggy, I hope your dentist can fix your teeth for good. Teeth are kind a important. I'm sure your ladies group would be happy to help you with your house. Many hands make light work!
Scary about your family and the jobs. At least they are young. I hope it works out. Can your DH retire? Sounds like it will hit the fan when she gets back.

Judy, you crack me up with your animal stories. Interesting about rats. Just don't turn your back on that cat and the rat. I can picture him with the rat in his mouth, saying...muffled of course...".rat....what rat? Just one of my squeak toys mom."

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

nanr42
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Nan
WALDPORT Oregon
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Bunny. It actually isn't all that hard when I actually do it. I'm always surprised.
Alyce, sorry to hear about Ric. Wow, tho, 5 prospects and back to work on Monday maybe. Whew, spin in circles! Keep us posted, and y'all hang in there.

Please pray for my little cat Miranda. She is shiverng and sounds goopy and hoarse. Might be upper respiratory. I think it's been going on for awhile, too. Vet closed today, I work tomorrow. But I might take her in if I can get her in early.
thanks all

Happy 4th
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  4:57:28 PM  Show Profile
awwww Alyce, so sorry to hear that. I am happy that he has some prospects lined up though.
Bunny you cracked me up with the rat in the cats mouth.lol I can just picture it. *giggle*
Nan, poor kitty.I'm Praying!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  8:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Akyce, Hope things work out for Ric. Just when things were looking up for you.
Nan, Hope kitty gets well soon.
Peggy, Hope they get your teeth fixed for good this time.
Our fireworks got cancelled, a storm came through just before they were to start. They are going to be tomorrow night, unless it rains again, which is forcasted. We shall see. It was so hot and humid today, but still got to grill out and sit under the canopy with a light breeze. The house was way too warm.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2012 :  9:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy- I wish DH could be a farmgirl, but alas, he is FULL of cooties! He makes all those disgusting boy noises.

We did get some more blocks and cement set up and talked through a lot of the garden plan. I measured it out and it is 32 feet x 39 feet. So...that is huge! 160 sq feet will be saved for quail. We shopped around and decided on a shed finally. I don't think that will happen till November or December. We will keep chipping away at it. Oh the dreams we dream...

Tea stuff is done except for writing a note and I don't seem to have Word on my computer or any software to write except Paint. Hmm...going to have to recruit another computer for this I guess.

Started watching Jericho yesterday on Netflix. 8 episodes into it and it's good but some story lines are starting veer off into the woods.

Alyce- Sorry about the job for your husband. I have been where he is at. I was given the promotion/job of being in charge of a lab by my immediate supervisor. However, when the district manager came in she said no. So it wasn't really in my immediate supervisor's power to give the promotion anyway. I no longer work there because I thought that whole thing was a bunch of baloney to do to someone.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  12:28:40 AM  Show Profile
Evening my Porchies...

Janet...I am into All Creatures Great and Small too...just not those with long tails, pink noses and beedy rodent eyes. Lol
Man...you were gutsy to do surgery with an exacto knife. I feel like a Vet myself...with my dogs but not a surgeon.

Alyce...bummer, bummer, bummer on Rics situation. But praise God that he lined up those prospects. That is an industrious Man.

My kids have prospects lined up too. They were just here dropping by some Fourth of July BBQ food left over from their big shin-dig today. They had invited us over but DH wanted to relax on his day off. He is introverted...so a whole group of people isn't his idea of relaxation. LOL
But the kids were saying that they can hardly believe that they don't have to get up for work in the morning. Seems strange to them...but nice at the same time.

Judy...did you have Red White and Blue
Rocket Pops for the 4th of July??? I didn't...but it does sound good right now. Woot, Woot...we got up to 76 degrees today!!! Nicest 4th of July in a very long time.
We always say that our summer doesn't officially start around here until July 5th but this year it came a day early!

Bunny...well tomorrow will be the day to see if the Denturist can perform magic. I am pulling for him, believe me!!!

Loved your comment to Judy about not turning her back on the cat and rat. Good one Girl!!! Ha Ha!

Nan...praying for your little Miranda. Keep us posted when
you find out what is wrong with her.

Julie...you are ahead of me on the Tea Swap. I got the tea and everything is sitting here waiting for me to get busy with it...but until my appt. tomorrow on my tooth...I can't think about anything else.

Hey, Don't all men have cooties???? LOL
I'm pretty sure they do.

Well, all the Fireworks are starting to die down so, I think I will go to bed. By law here they aren't suppose to shoot them off past midnight...but rarely do people adhere to that law. Nor is it inforced.

Good Night Sweet Things,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  07:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Porchies! We had another storm come thru at 11PM last night. It was so bad when DH gaot home form work at 8Pm that he was pouring sweat just walking from car to the house. It was still 91. By 10 it was 85.Then when the storm came thru it dropped 10 drgrees in an hour. You can bet I threw open every window and door to air the house out.I stayed up until after midnight just to cool house off.
This morning at 10AM it's 81 with a nice breeze. That's more like it. *giggle* Summer is no fun when it's so hot you can't enjoy it. Ya know?
Peg, I didn't have any popcicles at all yesterday.Gonna get more today...gonna look for the "Rockets."Yum!
Yes, I do believe ALL boys&men have cootoes.At least that's whaat I've been taught. *giggle*
An older lady friend of mine, who's been gone 6 yrs now, always said that the 4th of July was the end of summer around here. She said that after the 4th, the summer went~~zoom~~ and was gone. I always said that I liked that we had looooong autumns to make up for that.
We really don;t get cold&snow until Christmastime.THAT makes for a loooong fall.Gotta love that.
The fireworks weren't too loud around here. Most folk went to the displays in the bigger cities.
Well, gonna see what I can get into today.
Stay cool porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page