Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  10:45:03 AM  Show Profile
Had fireworks to almost 2am. My kitties were so scared they snuggled up tight to me on the bed. Then a loud one would go off and they would run and hide. Then they would sneak back until the next loud bang. It sounded like the gunfight at the OK corral for way too long.

It is finally getting hot. Of course I have yard work I need to do. My mom out up a flimsy green house in the windiest spot in the yard and it finally toppled over. If I don't deal with it, it will stay there forever and give her something to complain about.

Strawbale garden isn't doing so great. I didn't water them with nitrogen like I found out I was suppose to do before planting. Plus a bug is eating the squash leaves. I'm going to buy the book so I do it right next time. But still going to try to salvage what I have this year. Dawn for the bugs and epson salts for the tomatoes... Time will tell.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  11:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls! Finally FINALLY got AT&T cancelled!! YAAAAY!! SUCH a good feeling. I'll be looking into home internet as soon as things settle down.

We watched the fireworks from our front porch last night.... we have such a view we could see 3 towns' fireworks!! Plus, no dealing with traffic, no dealing with our dogs being frightened, no sitting in grass and getting bit my mosquitoes and if we wanted to have a drink, we could. And, we could listen to whatever music we wanted to. Instead... we just chatted :)

I hope I haven't shared this before, but it's a pic I took about a month ago of Josh in the back yard with Train. It's dark, but I got a good shot of the sunset, too!!

And, if all went right, today... we should be getting 6 tomato plants, 3 bell pepper plants, and possibly a pumpkin from a friend of ours who is having to move. Our little farm is expanding!

In the past month, I have picked probably 5 pounds of pears, about a pint of mulberries, and our squash and sunflowers should be ready soon! The vine we believe to be a pumpkin by the front porch is flowering, so maybe this fall, I won't have to buy a jack-o-lantern! TEEHEE!

Well, again, I haven't had time to catch up I did get my sewing room mostly organized, though much of it is still in boxes. I have my writing desk ready to go, and I figure that, when I have spare time, I'll be able to listen to Saint Saenz and Rubenstein and Beethoven and maybe get some good writing done!

I'll try to get more pictures soon, especially with all our lovely fruits the previous owner left us!

Take care y'all, I will be back when I can!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  11:13:42 AM  Show Profile
correction.... about a quart of Mulberries. Going to go see about picking more today.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  8:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Fireworks just got done. I did not watch them, but we are only 3 blocks from the park so we hear them going off. It was 89 degrees today with the dew point at 72, which is very humid. It is 85 in the house right now, the wind died down, so it is going to be a miserable night for sleeping. We do not have air conditioning. We went to get one yesterday, and all are sold out. We only need it for a few days. It is supposed to be in the 70s next week, which will feel good.
We are going camping again Sunday until next Sunday. I do hope it does not rain every day like last time.
My beans are just about ready to pick, we need to do that before we leave for camp.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2012 :  11:58:27 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening You Sweet Young Things...
I am so tired tonight.
I feel like I haven't got to sleep in for 3 weeks...but tomorrow is the day!

I had to get up early and take my denture into the dentist. Then I had to come back at 3:30 to pick it up and get the bite re-checked. It turned out really good. He had to put a small screw from the tooth up into the gum part of the denture. It looks great and looks like it will hold well. He told me that I was the only patient in 15 yrs that had a tooth fall out. I said, "No doubt! I am always the trouble maker. If it is going to go south on someone it will always be me!" He started laughing.

I asked him how much he would charge to make me a gum guard...since I grind my lower teeth into my gums at night. He said, "$209.00" I said I would think about it.
So, far I haven't caused myself to bleed so maybe I will just learn to NOT do it eventually. I am tired of putting money out on my mouth.

My husband went into work today and was immediately terminated. I figured the boss would either keep him out of desperation or let him go since Shane and Sadie quit. She choose to be vendictive and let him go.
I am sure God has a plan...just not sure yet what it is.

I had my Craft Group tonight...which was great because I hadn't been for two weeks and I was missing everybody.

Found out today that we can start moving into our Apartment next Tuesday. I am excited...to finally have a move in date.

OK girls...I know this is short but I am holding my eyeballs open with tooth-picks.
More blab tomorrow...

big hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  08:36:24 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so glad your teeth are fixed. Bummer about DH and work. But I bet you knew it was coming. Looking for work at an older age isn't much fun. There is quite a bit of age discrimination out there. Moving out of that house was a good move though. Could your DH make money with his writing? I hope it all turns out well. I feel sorry for the new employees of that woman. Wonder if they will last as long as your crew.

No sewing today. I'm working at the animal shelter today. Thank God I don't have my own place. I would be coming home with foster pets right and left. I hate to see the dogs sad faces in the kennels. They just don't understand what has happened to them. People bring in their dogs they don't want anymore and say they found them stray. You can tell they weren't strays. So sad. Lots of people do come by to walk them and get them outside to play at least.

Later...stay cool.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  10:32:58 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...I couldn't handle all those sad faces looken out at me behind those kennel bars. My DH and
I can't even watch the commercials about the abused and misplaced dogs on the television adds for
the humane society. We have to turn to another channel until we think that comnercial is over.
I would be like you...wanting to take all those sad eyes home and love on them.

Yeah, we pretty much knew with the boss lady that she would let Larry go. She assumed that Larry
wouldn't even come back because Shane and Sadie had quit. I think Larry really didn't feel she
would let him go because she would be in desperate need. But Shane, Sadie and I pretty much knew
she would. We weren't surprized in the least. ~ What did surprize me is that when Larry went back
for his check, she gave him all three of their checks. I kind of thought she would use Shane's check
as leverage to get him back. Both times she tried talking Larry into convincing Shane to come back.
I am sure she now realizes being 5 employees down (as both her leasing agents quit two weeks before)
that she totally doesn't know how to run her own company...as Shane did everything for her...even
her personal books. ~ BUT Shane refuses to go back and talk to her...because he is a people pleaser and
he knows she will give him a huge raise to keep him and he flat out does not want to work in the chaos
she creates in her business or the high stress of the JOB itself. After 5 yrs he is sooooooo done.

Larry and I will have three low-key days until we can start moving into the Apartment. I am going to take full adventage of that and just rest and laze around...because next Tuesday will be the start of two full weeks of non-stop moving and setting up the Apartment.

Off to sit on My Porch and read a book and drink some tea.

Later...
peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  10:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- So glad things worked out so nicely! Too bad about your husband's job. At least your whole family is quit of that woman.

Today is nice. Getting the house put back together the way I like it and airing it out/spiffing it up. We've had a house guest for 3 weeks and they are leaving today. Now we can run around in our underwear again! Haha...well, you know what I mean...just completely relax. Washing sheets and blankets. Oooh, I picked up a WHITE comforter yesterday. Any bets on how long before it's not white anymore? Told DD it's my big blanket of snow. I can always get duvet covers to change it up. Then I'll go grocery shop...after the guest leaves...(if ya know what I mean). Just burned out on family visits for now.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  1:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy! I am sending you a mouthguard to try. I use them for nighttime teeth-grinding. But I don't see why they wouldn't work for you. They are a small,thin guard. I love them!I got them at our Dollar Tree store. I bought about a dozen of them. I mean for a buck...you can't beat it! An NO I don't want it back if it doesn't work! hahahahaha He wants $209.00??? ~~~AACCCCKKKKK~~
*picking myself off the floor* That's crazy! A sporting goods store has some you can buy, lots cheaper!!
Question is, do I send it to your old address or your new one? Do I have your new one? hmmmmm.....

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  2:33:04 PM  Show Profile
Judy, thanks for the reminder....Peggy we will need your new address.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  8:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Oh my goodness it seems like days I since I have been here. My dear hubby and I celebrated 21 years of marriage on the 5th and took a few days away. It was so nice to have some relaxing time before things get crazy. I discovered a new tea shop in the old market but it was 105 and I was melting so I will check it out next time we go.

OUr loan for new acreage was approved. It looks like we will close on it in about 7 to 10 days. Then we will have about 10 dasy to move and then close on the house we currently live as it is sold. We sold it to a you bachelor who is anxious to get into it. By aug 1 we have to have all the animals moved and house empty. We have a lot of work ahead on the new house too...but oh I know God picked that house for us. He planted us when we thought He said no to our prayer. We know we have lot to do but it will be worth it.

I have been doing stuff to get ready for school because we will be moving and things during the time I am usually in school mode to get ready for my little butterflies. So school mode has come early. I am going to be blessed with 18 little butterflies this year.

Well I am going to have some tea and snack. It has been a busy week and the granddaughters are coming on Sunday. I will try to post pictures...finally got camera to work and of house too.

I have missed yall greatly
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2012 :  9:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, Hello, Ladies....do you mind if I sit down for a while? I think I am lost...I accidentally hit a button and here I am! Wow, it seems like I am always finding something new here on MJF! I just love this place! What a beautiful porch...it sounds so friendly. Well, thanks for letting me sit for a short while...

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  12:03:24 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn...Welcome To The Porch. We hope you find your way back...because once you are here, you are
no longer lost...You're FOUND! LOL

Judy...you had mentioned those gaurds from the $ Tree...before, so I went by and bought one to try...only thing is, there was nothing to adhere it to. I have no upper teeth at all and I don't sleep in my denture. I thought, well, I will try it on my bottom teeth but I had no back teeth to adhere it too. So, I just
pitched it in the trash. Then somebody said, "Well maybe you were suppose to heat it in the micro-wave and mold it to your gums?" Beats the heck out of me...so tell me, how do they work????

I won't have my new address until Tuesday...so don't send me anything yet. I will give you all my address once I have it. LOL

I got all the Tea's ready to send out tomorrow. Didn't do what I had planned in my head because of the move. But I am sure you all will enjoy the teas and getting them in July on time.

Hi Tammy...sounds like we are in the same boat...packing and moving. Thank the good Lord that I don't have animals to move...I think that might push me over the top. LOL
Congrats on the Wedding Anniversary!!! Glad you got to enjoy a few days away. How is Jax doing??? I think about that little guy every once in awhile...especially when I am missing my Bella.

Snickers has been driving me insane barking and chasing the Squirrels. He is like so obsessed with trying to get them, he even tries jumping up the tree trunk. LOL
I was feeling sorry for him not having a backyard anymore to play in...but when he started this Squirrel thing...I think I will be glad he doesn't and so will the Neighbors here.

Bunny...is the heat getting to you yet?
We should be in the 90's for the next 2 days...then it is suppose to cool down a bit next week...which will be good for moving. I don't want to move in 90 degree weather.

Julie...glad you are getting your house put back together the way you want it. That always feels good doesn't it.
Wow...you are brave getting a white comforter. I am a dirt-magnet to anything white. LOL
I highly recomment colorful duvet covers.
I know what you mean about house guests (even if they are related)...it's nice when you don't have to worry about dashing around in your night things or under-wear.

Well, on the Job front for my kids.
My son got passed-over for the job in Seattle (which was fine because he felt like it wasn't a good fit for him nor did he want to move to Seattle where the cost of living is so high.) So, that was an answer to prayer.
Sadie has a job interview next Wed. with another Property Management Co. and the Owner had requested that she send over her resume and application. So, that sounds pretty good.
She may not have time to need Unemployment.

Well, I'm off to read for awhile my lovely Ladies.

Catcha tomorrow...
hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  04:15:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey, I see some ladies here I know...there's Janet and there's Bunny....Hi, gfs! I can't believe I have been here all this time and I just now found the front porch! Hehehe....

It is early morning and I am at work for a couple of more hours....then I will go home and sleep in my camper, really it is a popup glamper! My AC needs servicing in my home!!! Eeepppsss, with these temps! It is supposed to head toward the triple digits....AGAIN!!! Tis summer, that is for sure!

I set a batch of kraut yesterday morning and picked the last of my green beans. Seems like the season is just flying by this year. And overnight Thursday night, bugs striped about half of my tomatoe plants!!! I mean over night! Stripped to the stems! Thank goodness I have enought in my freezer to can salsa...yes, the season is flying by!

Hey, Tammy, my hubby and I will celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary on the 20th!!!!

Well, ladies, thank-you for the tea...maybe I can find you again...well, I did subscribe! Hehehe

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  09:56:16 AM  Show Profile
Auntie M, you will like it here too. I go to both forums. Everyone is wonderful and I love all the fun stories they tell. I'm afraid I'm one of the boring ones. No garden, DH or job. Just me and my sewing machine.

Peggy, I'm not liking the heat at all. Thankfully the basement doesn't get hot and I have a jacket to finish. I need to get some more sewing done for my etsy shop too. I'm going to hate it when school starts again. Thankfully the classes I'm signing up for are mostly online. But they will keep me pretty busy anyway.

later all, stay cool!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy, Isn't God good to us? He put you where He wants you. That's wonderful.I'm happy for you....but man-o-man....you're gonna be a busy bee aren't you???
Peg, I never thought about you needing teeth up&down for it to stay put. I figured,if you put it just over your teeth,clench your teeth&gums as hard as I do(I also find myself sucking on it,cause I have marks on my jaw to prove it...hahaha...so it stays put)I just figured it would stay where you want it to.And no, you don't have to heat it at all. The ones you buy at a sporting goods store have to be heated. They also would cover your teeth completely. They might be your best bet.Also a LOT cheaper than what the dentist wants to make you.Give it a try.
Hello Marylyn! You're welcome on the porch anytime. A pop-up Glamper...how fun. Yes, this has been a VERY hot summer already. Our heat index is going to be 105 today!~ugh~ It's 96 in the shade now! I've been saying the same thing....where is this summer going so fast? Everything is being harvested so early....will there be anything left for fall?
Well, off to finish laundry.
Stay cool Gals. Here's a cooler full of popsicles for ya'll! Enjoy! Maybe we can play in the sprinkler later! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  6:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, you're not boring you're BUNNY!!!!!!

Welcome Auntie M. These ladies are the best. I haven't been around much lately but these ladies are very special to me.

It's HOT. I have to say this. Northern girls are not meant to be in 100+ weather. It's just not natural. We went to the Berry Farm today. The kids ran amuck while we enjoyed the booths and the gospel bluegrass music. And of course we had their wonderful blueberry donuts.

Monday the kids start swimming lessons. It always gives me a little chuckle when I think that I drive 1 1/2 hours so they can be in the pool for 1/2 an hour. But if they learn to swim well it's worth all expense and time to me.

Think I'll take some gifts to the air conditioning "gods" and maybe put on my bikini. Sheesh, I'm HOT.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  7:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I am on here early tonight. Today I got the call I have been expecting for 4 years.
Hospice has given my little sister 48-72 hours before she passes. Her entire body is shutting down.
I don't feel sad (except for me...I will miss her like crazy)...I am Celebrating that finally she will
go home to be with the Lord, and our Dad (her favorite parent) and our brother Bill. I am the last
sibling left. So, it's me and my mom from here on out. My sister and I have been so close...but I know
she goes to a much better place and will now be out of pain and suffering. Her illness took a heavy
toll on my BIL as he cared for her day and night and she didn't always make it easy on him. But today
he said, "We had a good life together and she won't have to keep living with all the pain." He has
dropped like 30 lbs in four years just being at her beckon call. Mom told me to day that when she went
over to see Deb for the last time that she couldn't decide who looked worse Debby or Larry. He has
another spot of skin cancer on his forhead that he needs to have removed right away. I hope he will live
out his remaining years at the Lake he loves and has missed for years. He is a lot older than my sis.
He is 72 and she is 57. He has lots of kids and grandkids from a previous marriage there in Spokane to love on him and support him. My mom's sister is there with her right now...so, she can lean on my Aunt when the time comes. I was blessed to talk to Debby 3 days ago and she told me that she felt like this
last virus she picked up was going to be the one to do her in. Guess she was right. I asked her if she wanted me to come be with her and she said NO! Which was a big relief for me actually...as she was so bad
when I saw her last September that I didn't want a worse image of her etched in my mind for all time
and eternity. We have left no stone unturned in our almost daily conversations over the past eleven years.
We got each other through dads death and our brothers and we shared the bitter with the sweet. We have
walked down "Memory Lane" together so many times, and laughed and cried about it all. She gave her life
to the Lord and so I know she will be in a much bettter place, leaving in peace and looking forward to
the next life. I shed tears today...but they were because I would miss her deeply...not because I was sad.
So please say a prayer with me that she will just go quickly now...she is in a drug induced coma at home with her husband and his family all around her. For such a little thing...she was always a real Firecracker! And she had the knack of making all of Life's Experiences FUNNY!!! She would tell a story
and have you holding your gut in laughter with tears streaming down your face...and wishing that you
had depends on...even if you never wore them in your life. Even from a young child she was the "Clown" of
the Family. The World needs more people like her.

Marilyn...I am glad you found your way back. Now you too are an Official Porchie. Glad to have you. Pull
up a rocker and I'll pour you some Sweet Tea and hand you a plate of Lavender Shortbread cookies.

Bunny...stay down in your basement where it is cool girlfriend. I wish I had a basement too. LOL

Judy...I will try the sport gum guards and see what I think. Or else I will just grind my gums to
sausage. Ha Ha!!! But I am not paying another 209.00 to my dentist.

Well, forgive my short post tonight...but I know you all understand.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 08 2012 10:21:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  7:09:23 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...we must have been posting at the same time. Glad to see you on the Porch girl.

Our new Apartment has a pool. That will be sooooooo nice. And I have a Fatgirls Swimsuit and
I'm not affraid to use it. Ha Ha!

Good for you getting the kiddies swimming lessons even if you have to drive for half a day to
get there.

More later girlfriends...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  8:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Paggy, I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I know she will be in a better place. It still is hard to lose someone you love, but it's harder to see them suffer too. You and your family and hers also are in my prayers.
Judy, thank you for the popsicles. Very refreshing. I made blueberry muffins, so everyone, help yourself!!
Marylyn, welcome to the porch. This is another great place to be. You will love it here too.
Kimberly, Learning to swim is very important. I am sure the kids are enjoying it, even if it is far away.
We are going camping tomorrow and will not be back until Next Sunday, so don't send out the porch possie, I will be back as soon as we get back here. I will miss all of you wonderful sisters. We are supposed to have sun and 70s all week, so that sounds like the perfect weather this time.
Have a great evening and save a seat for me when I get back,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  08:16:38 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...you crack me up. Thanks for the *giggles* Girl! I never learned to swim,wish I had, but we lived so far out in the sticks that it wasn't an option. So ya, I'd say it's well worth the drive to do that for them. (((hugs)))for your effort&love as a Mom!
Bunny, if you are considered boring...I may as well just lay down and tag my toe now! LOL I don't work, don't even craft,don't have a garden this year....but I Do have a DH.....ok....is that even a plus ?...I mean....sometimes.....well......hahahahahahaha....*ahem*....just sayin'.............
ok....My Puters acting up....Probably too hot just like the rest of us Northern girls that aren't us to this heat.
On the happy side though, we got up at 8:30 this morning to 77...less humid. ~wooohooooo~ Of course
it will go back up again, but....for now...ya...
Last night when I went to bed at 10 it was still 87&so humid you couldn't open windows to air the house out. You better
believe I opened it all up aand aired it out this morning.
Well, puter is doing it again. It keeps cutting my lines off and making each line short. Weird!
Later Gators!
Stay cool!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  09:12:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- Sorry to hear about your sister. I'm glad everyone is at peace about it. Prayers for your sister.

Kimberly- Nice to see you. Aren't swimming lessons fun? I get a kick out of seeing all the little kids splashing around and having fun.

Hi Marilyn, nice to meet you.

Today I'm catching up on housework. Does one ever really catch up? Looks like the son and girlfriend have broken up. Saw it on Facebook. Looks like the girl left him as he is posting stupid stuff. My ex sent me a friend request immediately after, which I promptly refused. I'm not getting caught up in their family politics.

Well, I'm off to slop the hogs (cats) and get this day going. Have a good one!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  09:40:31 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, I'm so sorry. *hug*

I have some good news: Ric's supervisors have finagled it so that he is only temporarily laid off and will be the first callback. He can even still access his company mail and was invited to a conference call! The only problem is that they don't have a date for him yet.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  10:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm sorry for you and your sister. Saying goodbye is hard but knowing she is at peace at last will be a relief. I'm glad you have had such a wonderful relationship.

Kimberly, you are smart to make the commitment to have your kids learn to swim. It was one of my most favorite memories of summer for myself when I learned and taking my kids to learn too.

My son had a wonderful first date last night. He is head over heels. He hasn't had a girlfriend in over 5 years. I so hope it goes well for him. At least for a while. He is so tired of the party girls or ones looking for a guy with money so they can stay home and spend it all. Her father ownes an upscale cabinet shop and she works for him. She seems like a take charge girl and he needs that. I just hope she doesn't turn into the kind of girlfriend that runs everything. I can see by her Facebook pictures she has attitude. Could be good or not so good. Time will tell. At least for now he is happy.

My jacket is finally done. I will have pictures soon. Defiantly a winter jacket. I can't wait to wear it this winter! Now I have to sew a new purse to go with it.

Welcome Marilyn! You will like it here. So much going on. I hope you visit often and tell us all about yourself.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  10:48:46 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I e-mailed you!
BIG((((HUGS))))&Love to You,Girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page