Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, hope you get to move soon. It always seemed when I bought a house, I was moving out while the new owners were moving in. The banks just don't seem to understand the issue. Too bad going to work sounds like rest. Hope you get a little time off at least.

Julie, good for you getting that therapy. Sometimes you just got to give it a try. Bummer about the bruise. Enjoy the rain. I love summer rain.

I veggies on my bed all day hand sewing my quilt bindings on. I cut out flowers from some of my favorite fabrics to make a fabric collage purse. I made a crochet flower last night for Peggy. Just have one more to do.

Later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, spell checker having its way with me again. I was vegging on my bed...

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  6:38:38 PM  Show Profile
Bunnny you are too funny--that spell checker is winning out!! Tomorrow when I get home I bet my crocheted flowers will be in the mail....looks like it was a good thing I ordered them when I did....yes I am over here lurking to see what's doin' on the porch.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  8:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi ya Glenda....good to see you again! Stop by more often! We'll give you some sweets&a beverage and scoot over on the porch step to make room for ya! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  12:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...well the move did not get started today but they did get all the Maintenance issues taken care of and the place looks much better today. Amazing what patching holes and a little paint can do. LOL

Judith...thanks for your comments on my sister. Today, I was sitting in the house wondering what my sis was up to and then thinking: well, get up and go call her. That is going to take awhile to get over...as we shared everything.
Glad you got the teas and card...hope yours arrived better than Judy's did. Mercy me!!!
Hope DH recovers completely and quickly from his eye surgery.

Judy...I know they hand stamped them on my end...so must be on the receiving end where they are running threw the cancelation machine.
I will have to remember write
"please hand stamp" from now on. Crazy what the post offices do with a little ol' tea bag. LOL I do order the Mighty Leaf tea on-line. I love those little bags too.

We hit 86 again today. At 11:30 tonight it is still 83.
Looks like the next 7 days is going to be more of the same.
Warm weather to be moving in. Maybe I will sweat off some of this weight.

Teacher Tammy...how did your Dr. visit go? Has your BP gone down??? Praying for you girl. Moving ought to give you a good work-out. (me too). LOL

Julie...glad that you got some pain relief.
Wrinkled muscles and nerves huh? That sounds like one more thing to worry about. Little hard to iron them out when they are on the inside.

I think a lot of the gals back in the Mid West and back east would love some of your rain.

My husband told the Land Lady today that we would be all ready for her to show the house on Monday. Are Ya Serious hon????????
The man is clueless...plus he says...well, you don't have to worry...it will get done. Yeah by me...it will get done. Geesh!!! Thanks for being so helpful honey!!!

Bunny...I do have the new address but haven't made the postal change of address yet. So, it will be a few more days. Can't wait to see the flowers you make me.

Hi Glenda...Welcome to The Porch. Ya some of your buds hang out here too.
We always have room on the Porch for more. Pull up a Rocker and stay awhile. Like Judy said, will feed you lots of calorie free food and beverages.
(that is the blessing of virtual food). LOL

Well, I am off to try and read for awhile before I need to tuck myself in for the night.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 12 2012 12:12:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Well fine! I had post and it vanished as usual. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Glenda, glad to see you here. Yes your flowers should be in your mail.

Off to water the lawn...

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Busy lil beavers, all of us.
So sorry to hear about your sister, PeggyAnn. Judy and I used to fight like cats n dogs when we were kids, but are so close now, even though we're miles apart.
Thanks for the teas. I won't be waiting til fall to drink the other one either. lol

Been enjoying lower temps this week. High for today is 72, so making a lasagna with 3 cheeses and ground beef. House won't get hot today! yippeeee!

Grass n garden are growing like a jungle out there with all the rain we've been getting. Chance of rain til Saturday. We've gotten quite a few inches this week, not complaining for sure.. lol my beans are flowering, have clusters of roma tomatoes all nice n green on the vine, replanted beets and put in sweet potato slips and dill plants, so all are doing great.
Well, back to the lasagna, it won't make itself. Have a great day, gals and stay cool!
hugs n squeezles... :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  3:50:33 PM  Show Profile
oooooooooooooooo.....Sissy's Lasagna......YUM!!! I waaaaant some....*sniff* She makes the best lasagna. I don't eat lasagna.....but I tried hers and that's it....I will eat only hers.
Peg, I bet if that tea was meant for the P.O. folk...it wouldn't get treated like that. No siree, they'd handle it with kid gloves, stamped "fragile" or not! hahaha *sigh*
I heard thunder today, but no go...no rain. We're at 86/humid/cloudy.Staying still and drinking lemonade. *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  3:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Evening sisters,
I brought some banana bread and chocolate chip tea. I thought we needed some goodies. It was rather warm here today. I was to classroom to tutor this morning and began to organize my room. It is was pitch day. I was to the dr and my blood pressure is better. Not quite normal but was a lot closer. So with going to the wellness center to exercise and moving she felt it would continue to stablize...although we will keep a close eye on it. But I do have to take a low dosage chlosteral medicine now since exercise, diet, and fish oil did not bring it down at all and with my blood pressure it is really a must to get it where it needs to be. Overall I came out feeling quite good. I did go to wellness today and walked a mile on treadmill. I was proud of myself. Then came home and began sifting through 16 years of stuff. I tossed a lot, packed 4 boxes and put in car of stuff to go to good will. I then decided a nice pot of tea was in order for the rest of this evening.

We do get to begin mowing at our new place and our last inspection is on Tuesday so we are hoping to close the end of next week. So let us pray that it does. I am anxious to get into house and make our familys. God has taken such good care of us through this whole thing.

well I am off for supper, a pot of tea and crochet. Haven't had much time to do it lately.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  4:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!
I've been on vacation and still have about 4 pages to read and catch up on, but I need to ask for prayer. A young man (14 yrs old) in our community took his life last night. He was a very popular boy, and many teens are hurting tonight. Of course his mom and dad are suffering in a way that I couldn't even imagine and John Patrick's older brother Josh is devestated. Please pray for the Blake family and all the teens in our area. Thanks.
I think I'll get a cup of coffee, dry up some tears and read thru the last couple of pages.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  9:23:25 PM  Show Profile
TLT- Chocolate Chip Tea...mmm, that sounds yummy! Good for you on your exercise.

Shanda- Shocked and saddened to hear your news. I wish people did not know how to kill themselves. It's so devastating when they are young and have their whole life ahead of them. I'll be including all those people in prayer tonight.

So far so good with my therapy results. I'm sticking to my homework stretching exercises and ice like a good girl. I took my muscle relaxer and it feels like it's kicking in, so I better get off the computer before I start typing about unicorns and rainbows.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  12:20:58 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...just stomp your foot and scream about your disappearing Post and you'll feel better.

Hi Patsy...your garden sounds like it is doing wonderful.
Thank You for your comments on my Sis.
Gosh...it is so hard to not want to call and chat with her. In a way I still picture her laying in her bed in her living room. After all she has been there for four years.
Oh, by the way...can I invite myself for dinner???
Lasagna is so yum!

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the banana bread and chocolate chip tea.

I am glad that your blood pressure is better. I have low blood pressure...but I have high cholestrol. My body manufactures the bad stuff all on it's lonesome. I inherited that Little trait from my father. Not fun! I have to take a Statin for it.
Hoping your inspection goes well on Tuesday.

Shanda...what heartbreak for John Patricks entire family and your entire community. I had a friend whose son committed suicide and all I could do was come along side her and let her vent and talk. It took an entire year...before the grieving became somewhat on a normal level...but it is one thing you never get over.
I remember being so mad at Brain for doing that to his mother and siblings.
And he chose Christmas time...which forever changed the family dynamics of that Wonderful Holiday Season for my friend.
Such a tragic thing to do to your family and friends.

Hi Julie..keep up your Therapy. I am going to need some of that myself after this move. LOL

Today girls, my friend Paula came over and my youngest son & his fiance and so between the 3 vehicles...we got almost everything thing but the big stuff over. We spent five hours and were so tired afterwards but it was worth it.

I still have kitchen stuff, and some holiday decorations yet to move over.

Tomorrow, I will go over and line the cupboards with shelfing paper and then make a couple car trips over with dishes.

We hope to move the big stuff over Saturday or Sunday...when ever our burly friend Derrick can come and help.

My husband...still has not packed up his office. We didn't want him to load the cars or anything today...we just sent him into his office and said "Pack". When we came home after a couple loads he was in napping and no packing had been done. Grrr! His problem not mine. I refuse to do the whole house and move it and then have to do his office too. He may be 8 yrs older than me...but in many ways I have worse health than he does.

But...I thank God for the kids and my friend. We really got a lot done today.

OK...time to put this weary body to bed.
I think I am even going to pass on reading tonight....I am that tired.

Love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  09:27:06 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Sorry I have been MIA for so long. Thank you for sending the teas to me.
I have not dropped off the face of the earth. Though some days it feels like it.
I miss not getting to the porch. Please know that I pray for all of you even if
I can't get here to chat.

My DH got my fleece skirtting (cleaning) table done, so all my spare time has been spent
cleaning alpaca fleece. A very time consuming job. But part of the whole proccess.

I am not going to try to catch up. I doubt if I could I did go back and read the lasr couple of pages.

Peggy let me add to those that are soory for your loss. it is never easy even if they have been suffering.
My prayers are with you and your momma..

Luanne glad your mother is better. I have prayed for her daily.

Bunny I have to say that really is an awesome jacket. You have such a talent.

Ok you all kept talking about Tracy and the pies so I had to back and look. Tracy those are wonderful looking
pies. I will be there with the others fork in hand. LOL

I really need to not be gone so long from the porch. I miss all of you way too much.

Tea Lady Tammy. How exciting, A new hous. I hope everything goes smooth. Never does but I will pray it does.

Julie it is bad enough to have wrinkles on the outside. Now you tell me I can get them on the inside and they cause pain!!
So not fair. I am glad that they were able to help you leg pain.

Shanda I will keep the Blake family and your community in prayer. When something like that happens it devestates the whole community.
I am with you. I can not imagine the pain the parents must be feeling.

TL Tammy I love banana bread! Chocolte chip tea to go with it. Seconds please!!

Peggy I hope the move is over soon. I remember the last time you moved. Did you get rid of more stuff this time?
Moving has a way of making you reevaluate what is really important and what is JUNK!!! LOL

It has been an evenrfull few weeks for me. Last wee I had my wallet stolen out of my purse at the school. They caught him on cammera
but he had already ditched my wallet somewhere.He took it out of my purse zipped my purse back up and put it back under my desk.
Why if he went to all that trouble did he not just take the cash and leave the rest? Replacing everything has been the pitts!!
That was Monday Wednesday I had my once a year DR appointment and she made a mammogram appt. for me that day for the next Monday. She found a mass!?
I will tell you I spent a lot of time in prayer and tears.
Monday I went to my appt. My DH, DD, BFF went with me. I do not have a mass. Just dense tissue. Praise God!
Things like that make you really step back and look at your life. I needed to sit here on the porch with all of you and say thank you for being a pert of my life.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  10:08:38 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, so sad about your news. Sad that he thought this was the only way to deal with his pain.

Peggy, I hope you stay away from DH's office. Sounds like he needs a little tough love. How nice to nap while everyone else is working.

Dianne, so good to see you here! Sorry about the stress of the mammogram. But glad it turned out good. Having your stuff stolen....big bummer. I guess a new place for stashing your backpack is in order. At least you know the cameras are working. ( no more picking your nose in public....lol)

Off to work at the pet shelter today. I hope the air is on! Last week we were suppose to get 10 puppies. I wonder if they are there today.... Yea! Puppies.

Hope your Friday the 13th is fun and safe!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  3:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, I'm soooo sorry to hear about the Blake family's news! Will Pray for them all!
Good girl,following Dr's orders...keep it up...you don't want me coming down there! heehee
Julie, unicorns&rainbows...there's a song in thee somewhere...or did Kermit already do it!/? lol
Peg, so happy to hear that some folk&friends stepped up to the plate and helped you move!
Ok, wasn't it your DH who said you'd be out of there by Monday and freaked you out? ...
and now HE'S dragging HIS feet? grrrrr...MEN!!!
Dianne, you bet we've missed you! Where is this Hidy-Hole of yours? I may just need it some time. It' really works! hahaha Nice job on catching up. You did a very thorough sweep-thru! What!...you think Peg got rid of some of her treasured "stuff?" You silly girl! hahaha
Sorry to hear about your wallet and all of your stress! BUT, Praise God for good health results!!!
Bunny, she can't pick her seat or her nose with THOSE cameras! hahahaha
UH-OH...I can see the handwriting on the wall from here...You and puppies...how many are you bringing home to play with your kitties? *giggle*
Well, we are enjoying a cool breeze from somewhere and sun/83. Not complaining...but I hope the rainman stops by soon! (must be at K-mart again) Not THAT Rainman!!! hahahaha
Love Yuns! Bye-Bye!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2012 :  6:33:58 PM  Show Profile
OK My Lovelies...just dropping in for a quick chat with my Porch Buds.

Dianne...so glad to have you back Girlfriend. *smile*
Cleaning Alpaca fleece sounds like it would take a long time. Do you then spin it too?
I wonder if I would be allergic to alpaca...I am to wool and rabbit.
I should try knitting with some and see.

Thanks for your prayers for my mom and me. I really covet them from everyone. Again when I woke up today I wanted to go call her and chat. That will probably go on for years knowing me.

I know that Judy doesn't think I can get rid of treasures but hey, let me tell you...I ALWAYS DOWN SIZE...with each move. Like last night when I went to my Crafting Group...one of my good friends has always wanted my picture of The Shepherdess. She asked me if I would
will it to her? *giggle* So, I took it to Group last night and blessed her with it. I was happy to know she would enjoy it for as many years as I did.
And I am giving my son and his fiance my glass computer desk and my beautiful wooden Bistro Table with 2 chairs. A Patio Table, some planters. Even my
Yarn Barn...storage unit...which I love...but have no space for.
Even passed on all my MJF Magazines to some one I knew would enjoy them.
So, see...I can downsize. I have only a couple things for good will...which makes my heart happy as I would rather see my stuff go to good homes.

About four moves ago. I donated some really nice decore to Goodwill and the guy who received it just started throwing everything in big bens and I could hear stuff breaking and wood splintering and I got so mad. I said, "Hey, Mister...for your information that is rather expensive stuff you are busten up there."
He quipped, "Oh, sorry!" ...and went right on trashing it.
I called Goodwill and complained the following Monday Morning. I was really upset. You could tell that the guys attitude was..."Awe, just more garbage somebody else doens't want, no big deal."

Bunny...my DH said he was really dizzy and having a spell yesterday and today. We had a little heart to heart this morning about it. And I told him he was cruzing for a pro-longed spell. I really think he has gotten lazy as he has gotten older because he was not like that the first 18 yrs or so of our marriage. But now when I need his help the most he is flaken on me. Glad I have my Son, his girl and my friends.
Larry did do one redeeming thing for me today...and it really (almost) was his saving grace with me. He hired the gal who does floors and bathrooms for me twice a month. To do the final move-out clean for me.
This is the first time he has ever done that for me. I am thrilled!!!! Now, I can just concentrate on putting the Apartment together.
Yahoo!

Judy...I did miss understand what Larry said about being out by Monday. We only have to have it ready to show by Monday. It won't be cleaned yet (but I am a pretty good house-keeper) so, it will be empty and they can start showing it but I have until the end of the month or sooner (if we want a little refund on rent). I will have Paula do the Clean on Tuesday...so, maybe we can be out of here early anyway.
Dragging his feet, back-side and everything else my friend. He needs to get another PT Job so he can stay alive a few years longer.
*ha-ha*.

Ok...off here/my computer will be down Sun and Monday...but till then I will be here.

Love Ya All,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 13 2012 6:39:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  09:34:53 AM  Show Profile
Dianne- So good to hear from you! I'm so happy your mammogram came out o.k. You have a very supportive family. Isn't wrinkles on the inside funny! And it's on my rear end! Sure the outside might look fine, but apparently I have a wrinkly rear on the inside. Ha!

Howdy ladies! It's gonna be a lazy Sunday here. Did my stretches and ice. Now just waiting for DH to get home and we will have some lunch and mess around in the garden. We had a storm last night. No damage but so much lightning. It looked like one of those strobe lights.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  3:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello between summer showers...actually we just had a deluge. surprised electric is still on. wow..been getting rain all week, almost everyday..

Shanda, will be praying for the Blake family also.

Judy n Peggy can come anytime to share my yummy lasagna.

Got the a/c going still cause the humidity out there is awful.we got a good half inch of rain today. just taking it easy and doing nothing, sounds good, right? you all need to do the same. have a good day and night. hugs n prayers to all.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2012 :  6:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi there!
Julie, you crack me up girl!Wrinkles on the inside of your rear? *rofl* Really?...ahem...sorry.... *snicker-snort*....
Does anybody have a cattle-prod Miss Peggy can borrow? ....just until she gets that hubby of hers back in order! hahahaha
Wow Peg, I can't believe that your Goodwill is that careless. I always tell them to be careful with a box or bag that I know has breakables in it...and they do. If they throw it around after I leave, I don't know, but to do it right in front of you is just rude!
We finally got some rain today. We had 2 showers with some thunder, but they went by so fast that the brown blades of grass still had their little tongues hanging out begging for more. It was 86 before the rain but dropped to 75 each time. Hopefully it will stay cooler for the rest of the night.
Well, I hope everyone had a Great Sunday!
Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  5:32:37 PM  Show Profile
I am back from camping. It was enjoyable, but oh, so hot and humid. It did rain there Saturday night, just to get everything wet so it all needs to be aired out and dried. I was just way too tired today to do anything. My tummy does not like the heat. I went to Goodwill and founds some fabric and yarn, then did some grocery shopping. It was nice to be in a/c, but when you get out, you feel worse. We do not have air here. It was breezy earlier, but the wind died down and it is so sticky now, very uncomfortable.
I want to welcome the new ones here and hope to get to know you more.
Peggy, my condolences to you and your family. Your sister is now at peace and in a better place, painfree.
Too much to try to catch up with, but I did read all the pages I missed while gone. You gals have been busy!!!!
Have a wonderful evening, stay cool and dehydrated,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  5:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I brought chocolate cake tonight. I needed some chocolate. Baking seems much more fun than packing...heheheh We hope to close on the house by Friday so we can use the next two weeks to pack, clean, and move so we can close on our current house Aug. 1. Personally I am just ready to sign the papers so we can move forward. This has been quite a journey...but the reward of a house we love will be worth it and someone making a new journey in our current house is a blessing.

It is hot here again. I am not liking this heat. Our crops are so in need of rain. Thought we were going to get some the other night..clouds built up and then they moved on. My dear hubby bless his heart has been using our garden hose to water our small field of corn. If we don't get some rain soon, it won't matter.

Jan glad you had a great trip.

Judy...you just make me laugh.

Well girls I am off to make some tea and relax. Tomorrow is another busy day.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  6:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi'ya Gals! Another hot day here too. I am sloshing everytime I sashay agross the room from all the popcicles, iced tea, water....etc.I can't feel satisfied at all. Too Hot! We have a heat warning out for tomorrow because of the heat&humidity....again! Was 97 today&humid! ~~ugh~~!
Stay cool, drink lots&don't do any more than you have too Buddies...I want you all around so I can send you Christmas cards this year! LOL BTW, I'm watching The Nutcracker on Netflix....Sure I feel cooler watching it! hahaha
Toodles! Cool Thoughts!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2012 :  6:37:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh!! That's what we all need, a Christmas movie to help us feel cooler. Wonder if that will work. If I wasn't so tired,I would go find one and watch it, but right now I can't move. We need rainso bad here. It rained at camp on Saturday, but not here. My gardens were drooping when we got back so I had to water before I unpacked anything. They did thank me and perked back up. I still need to finish unpacking the camper.
Have a great cool evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  10:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I hear thunder, but one storm passed over already, so ya...wait n see i guess. I planted 5 more tomato plants into the garden. 2 are replacements for the ones we found wilted, nothing wrong with them otherwise, nice stems and roots and was flowering and had baby maties..sad. sure hope it rains to set these in the ground or we will have to water the new plants tonight. The garden is wet enough, but pretty sandy so water just runs through. We have sugar snap pole peas up about 2 inches! so excited, never grew the pole kind before and we planted them with the corn to have something for them to climb. My new beets are up an inch too and the sweet tatie slips are doing real good, now if the dumb moles would leave them alone.

I hear ya sis on the heat, it's 88 here and so humid, sweat was just dripping off my face in that garden and i was moving slower than a snail..sigh.. Haven't eaten yet today and it's after 1. Heat makes my tummy to upset to eat, just now cooling down to feel a bit hungry, then still don't know what to eat. Sitting here with a wet washcloth around my neck while typing this to cool down. So stay cool ladies and know I'm thinking about ya all!

Edited by - craftbug on Jul 17 2012 10:14:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  4:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Just picked peas, green beans and yellow beans, plus the last of my rhubarb. Seems late for that, but I have transplanted some and it took a long time to grow. About 10 drops of rain and now the sun is out again. We need rain so bad. More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page