Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  2:52:43 PM  Show Profile
My Sister went home to be with The Lord this morning around 7:00 AM. I loved that God honored mom's and my prayers and took her home within 24 hours and that she went to meet Jesus face to face on a Sunday.

It is a bitter/sweet time for me...but I have only shed a few tears...because I have shed many over the past four years. There is nothing like knowing a loved one is safe in the arms of Jesus. Debby didn't fear death...but she did fear the unknown. Now it is all behind her and she is at peace.

Thanks to all of you girls for your love, support and prayers. I am doing fine really, but I am sure it is hard on my mother having had to watch two of her children die and her husband. Please hold my mom Ann in your prayers and my BIL Larry.

I need a nap...will chat with you more later. I thought that today Church would have been an added
comfort to me...but it wasn't really...because God and all your thoughts and prayers had comforted me
all read.

bless your hearts,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  4:55:01 PM  Show Profile
*HUGS PeggyAnn*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Porchies that all of you are...........It's been months since I've been to the porch for a visit! Today, I see your post Peggy, Oh I know this was a divine appt. to stop by.....My heart goes out to you Peggy, and I'm so sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine what it will be like to lose a sister! You're always so loving and so sweet to all the porchies and I just want to say, you're in my thoughts and prayers! May you and your family feel the love and the grace of God, and be blessed by His peace that comforts above all understanding!
Hugs My sweet farmgirl and to all you others out there! I'll be back, soon!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  6:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Monica...Oh Sweet Girl we have missed you!!! Hope you will be coming back more often.
Will love finding out what you have been up to. We will wiggle over and make you room
the Porch Swing.

I am glad that you kept that Divine Apptmnt! *smile* Made my week!!!

Judy, Alyce, Bunny, Julie, Janet and all the rest of you...Thanks for your prayers and hugs.

There is a Restaurant that my hubby and I go to quite often and it is called Lisa's. They are
one of those good ol' fashion Comfort Food Places with Breakfast all day long. Well, in The Ladies
Room at Lisa's she has a bible on a small stand and lots of postit-notes that you can write prayer
requests on or make comments. Here are a few pictures of the room and a note I left my sister...this
afternoon...when we went there to eat after Church.

Oh, shucks the other two pictures wouldn't post. I will try again later...you just have to see this
bathroom full of prayer requests and messages.

hugs and blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 09 2012 10:19:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:28:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Ladies,
I just wanted to stop by and say were home from our trip. I've been very busy getting things put away and washed up. I want to share with you what happen when were gone we went to lookat a house/cabin. It's a true retreat.It has 16 acreas and the house is down the lane in area with trees all around it. We like but it needs some updates meaning small things.If we put in an offer we'd be the 2nd ones inline for this house. Just not sure what to do and so if anyone has a few a prayers. That would be great. This is part 2 of why Im so on the fence what to do this in 2005 I found a piece a land in the same area. So we went with a map to get to the town and a name of the road the land was one. We stopped in the small town of 900 and as the store keeper how to get there. She was able to give us directions. Once on the road we drove up and down looking for the land but were unable to find it . So we had to talk to many of the neighbors. At last stop the neighbor took us to the land and even got out his 3 wheeler so we could go all around on it since it was grown up. I feel in love with it and we bought it that day. It has trees in the front and back in the middle there is a clearing with wild flowers. It's very pretty. I feel like that was gift from God. Not sure if were to keep that gift or go on to a new gift. I sure wish I knew what to do. Any advice ladies?
Thanks ,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, The Lord draws close to the broken-hearted. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight, May your sister rest in peace, and may perpetual light shine upon her.

Julie, if you are so inclined, you can make your own duvet covers inexpensively by sewing a couple of flat sheets together. You can customize your quilt cover with patterns you like. I would make one side a flannel sheet for snuggly warmth.

Hi Marylyn! How frustrating to lose your tomatoes to bugs! I remember one summer morning I woke up to cabbages sheared in half! I wanted to cry! Glad you have enough for salsa.

Kinberly, you are right about us Northern Gals and the heat; we simply wilt like tender lettuce. It aint right.

Bunny, you have the right idea to work in the basement!

I braved the heat and baked a chicken pot pie and a cherry pie for my porchies, did any one bring vanilla ice cream? I used the pie crust recipe in the latest MJF. The secret to this crust is booze! Who knew?

my blog: http://bushelnpeck.blogspot.com

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  7:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-So sorry to hear about your sister. Hugs. Everyone is in our prayers.
Marilyn-Welcome to the porch
Janet- Have fun on your trip
Bunny-Can't wait to see your jacket. I so wish I could sew better.
Kimberly-I bet the kids are loving swimming lessons
Alyce-Praying hubby gets called back to work soon

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  04:02:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Sisters! Is this glass of iced tea for me? Whew...it sure is hot!!! Oh, yes, we had a cool front move through yesterday, it went from 106 to 99 degrees. And we got a brief shower with it!!! No, I am not complaining, honest I'm not!!!

I was absent yesterday...I was trying to survive the heat!!! AC went on the fritz!!! Honestly!!! But, if I had to work as hard in this heat as the AC did, I would probably take a break, too! Keep your fingers crossed that we can find a repairman available today or that my dear hubby can fix it as he thinks he can...he's pretty handy, but an AC?? We'll see! Okay, enough about the heat...

Peggy, I know I am new here...but I do have sisters, and my heart is broken for you....I cannot imagine losing one of mine. I can also understand that seeing her suffer must have been worse. May you find peace with this situation and may your heart begin to heal soon. I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh, Tracy, that cherry pie looks so delicious .... Yummmmmmy! I read that recipe with the booze in it, but I gotta share that lard makes my pie crusts to die for! Really...lard. I would never bake one without it! And people who eat it are all the time asking me for my crust recipe, yet they get this funny look on their face when I give it to them! Hehehe...

Well, the sun is rising, Sisters...that means the temps a starting to rise...that means I gotta get ready to go to the repair store with hubby and buy new parts for the AC...keep your fingers crossed!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  08:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Praying for you and your Mom both.

Not much new here in PA. It is a little cooler today - finally! We poured concrete on Friday for the floor of our sap house. Of course, we had to pick the hottest day of the year to do it - darn!! Oh well, at least it's done and ready to put the building up soon.

Mom is doing really well from her heart surgery - she's ready to get on with the things she wants to do. Thanks again for everyone's prayers and good wishes for her.

I'm way behind - but welcome to all our new porch sisters. I don't get much time to write, but try to at least read up on what everyone's doing occasionally.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  09:25:49 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm glad your sister is at peace. I know the hardest part for you will be not having her to talk to. Just know we are here for you. She will be waiting for you when it's your time. That always makes me happy when I think of all the family members I will see again and in the perfect place.

Tracy, the pies look awesome! I'm camping on your door step. I love your picture too! Looks like an advertisement for ....come to my house, I will feed you pie.

Luanne, so glad to see you here. I'm happy your mom is back on the mend. We missed you.

Marilyn, hope you can get that AC working again. Such a bummer!

Well, I'm back to the basement today. I'm thinking of sewing some purses for my etsy shop. I still have a bunch of aprons to finish. I did get my nephew's John Deere quilt finished yesterday. I just have to hand sew the binding the rest ofnthe way and clip the seams on the back. I'll show a picture when it's picture worthy. I quilt as I go with a technique I call "rags in the back".

Later porches...stay cool!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  10:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...

Tracy...you look so darlen standing there with your fresh baked
pies and your Apron on. I think you should send that pic. into MJF with a little article about cooking your pies with the booze recipe. Who knows...maybe we will see you in the next edition out on the Bookshelves.
I'm with Bunny...I want to come right over and let you serve me up a piece of that delectible looking pie...with a cup of coffee or glass of milk.

Ruthie Ann...you do have a delimna there girl. I wouldn't know how to advice you on that one. If You start building on the first gift of God...that is going to take awhile to get your pretty little house on your pretty little piece of property. I am the kind of person that wants something now rather than later. I couldn't wait to have a house built...it would drive me nuts.
I will be praying for you girl...I don't envy you the tough decision.
Thanks for the hugs!
I will take all I can get any day. And Prayers!

Marilyn...I think the worse part for me about losing my sis is that we were best friends. My brother and I were really close as kids but not so much as adults. With my sis it was just the opposite. She drove me nuts as a kid and I loved her to death as an adult. Crazy how that worked out.
I do have total peace and gratitude about her passing.
I thought this morning...since we talked so much on the phone (her living in Spokane) and me here in Vancouver...that maybe I will journal all the future things I want to say to her.

I am more shocked to be the last one standing so to speak. And they both died so young and at the exact same age (57). Even my dad died young at 69. Life is a puzzle besides being a Journey.

Luanne...good to have you on the Porch this morning girl. So, glad to hear about your mom doing so well since her heart surgery. That is just awesome. PTL!
How is your boyfriend doing these days?
Don't stay away so long girl...we miss you!

Bunny...thanks girlfriend!

Can't wait to see the Jacket and the quilt.

I hope you still have some of your knit flowers left. I keep forgetting to send you money for some. Come paydays all I think about are paying those ugly ol' bills and I forget the good stuff I want.
It would be easier for me IF you would send me the flowers then they will be my reminder to put the check in the mail to you. LOL! BUT seriously don't do anything until I give you my new mailing address.

If all goes well, we will start moving some loads over to the Apartment tomorrow. I can't wait to have this all behind me and just enjoying the rest of the summer.

Off to pack up my bathroom girls.

Later...Love ya all,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Ah, feels nice to sit a spell on the porch again! Been super super busy here lately - and HOT! Thank goodness this week is supposed to be cooler. :)

Peggy, so sorry to hear about your sister... *hugs* and prayers.

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  3:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Ok, here is a picture of my finished jacket. It is reversible and this is only one side.

and here is the back...

I got good news today. My blog has been added to the Girlgab.com for MaryJane's Farm. You have to be an official farmgirl. I'm so excited. I guess I'll have to start having more to say!

Peggy, I only have two flower pins left. You can see them on my artfire site. Let me know if you like any of them. I could easily make more. I'm not to happy with the latches I bought though. I need to find some that do a better job. I may just sew on safety pins instead.

Anyway, later all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, the pictures are a bit blurry. My camera isn't the best.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  5:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Tracy--the pie looks delish!

Bunny--the jacket is BREATHTAKING!

How are you holding up, PeggyAnn?

I found Ric a job setting up the patio for the restaurant in my office building. The girl who usually does it is taking a trip to Australia, and the boss is willing to pay Ric a bit more than she usually would. I hope that it will last just long enough for hm to be called back to work! I also found him a lead for some freelance work.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  7:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies. Was a busy, difficult, trying weekend...but I survived & I feel better after talking to my Mom & cousin about it all - family "issues" about certain ones who think that the world revolves around them & are selfish & annoying & think only of themselves....oy oy oy.

Peggy, my thoughts & prayers are with you - I'm the same way you are with relationships; When we were kids, my brother & I were very close, and my sister & I fought like crazy (considering we were only 14 months apart, and shared everything, not to mention that everything was the exact same, except a different color). Now it's the opposite. My brother never phones, never visits me, seldom texts or emails. My sister phones more frequently though. I'm glad of it. It's so hard to lose family members, regardless of how it is.

What a colorful jacket, Bunny. My you were fast with it! I'm so slow...my "mending" pile is getting out of control. I'm going to have to take a day to just sit & sew & get it done so it is done!

Tracy - that pie looks wonderful! I've only ever used my Mom's (seriously) No Fail, simplest pastry recipe ever...and honestly I'm kind of scared to try other ones! lol Maybe because I don't make pies or tarts or pastry stuff that often, so I want to stick to the tried & true that I know lol.

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone - think I'm going to bed early tonight again. It's so darn hot here - not as hot as a lot of you, but I'm one of those "northern girls" too, and I despise the heat. My "perfect summer day" is about 20C/68F, blue skies during the day, a nice cool breeze & maybe a bit of rain during the night. That is all. None of this 30-35C/86-96F & humidity nastiness. Oh well. Guess it makes my garden grow (although I think they would like the 20C better too!).

Speaking of my garden, I've had 2 whole strawberries!!! And my peas are coming along - I see pea shells forming, and I think my beans are starting to get flowers & actual beans on them! Yay!!! My strawberry spinach (I think) isn't doing wonderful...maybe too much shade? It's growing, but it's kind of spindly looking. Oh well. Try & learn, right? I don't think my morning glories grew at all - if they have, I don't see them any time. Again, a try & learn thing. I don't think the north side agreed with them.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hopefully it cools off a little. Night all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2012 :  8:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Bunny- Glad your son had a nice date. Sounds like he's getting smart, too. Your jacket is beautiful!

Peggy- That's a real neat restaurant. Oh, I got my tea today. I thought you must be a little cuckoo asking me to wait till Fall to try the one. Ha! Just try to stop me.

Tracy- Thanks for the good advice for the duvet covers. I like the idea of having one with a flannel side. You have some gorgeous pies!

Marilyn- I hope you get your AC fixed. I can't even imagine trying to be a repairman in this heat. I guess that's why they get paid the big bucks.

I'm getting some rain right now! So far it's been all good, no real power outages or damage. Of course over half the garden is dead, so now it decides to rain?! I do have a couple of plants that will enjoy it. Going to the doctor tomorrow to see about my back/sciatic pain...again. Probably just a flare up. I'd like to get more info about some kind of exercise that would be good for it, like swimming(?). I hate when they tell you to exercise but don't go in depth about what exercise is best.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  12:17:31 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...your jacket is beautiful! You must not weigh very much as that jacket looks very petite. Lovely Job on it. OK...now you must show us the reverse side. LOL
What is artfire???? I would love to see the flowers you have left.
Congrats on the blog being added to Girlgab.

Alyce...thanks for asking how I am holding up. I am doing really well actually. I know I will keep wanting to pick up the phone and call her but for the past year...our conversations got pretty limited because she was totally bed ridden with all her days the same. I can now invision her running through a meadow with the wind in her hair and flowers all around her....as she feels freed from a body that betrayed her.

Hi Pam...oh family squabbles are never fun...but I am glad that you and your mom were able to talk things out.
Yeah, it sounds like you know exactly what it was like with being closer to your brother when you were younger.
I think when you have sisters that swipe all your clothes and jewelry and try to hit on your boyfriends...that it is hard to love and appreciate them when you are living under the same roof.
My sister and I had to share a room for many years too.
We did begin to get closer once she was in High School and I was married.

Julie...wow you got your tea fast. I am so glad! I am funny about liking certain flavors at certain times of the year...I guess I just thought everyone was the same way. LOL

By the way...aquatic excercise is really good for the body. I took 3 yrs of a Gentle Moves Water Class and it really helped keep my muscles more fluid.
Then we moved to far out of town and I had to quit. But it
was the best excercise, I highly recommend it.

Netty...you have been gone for awhile, but now we know why...you are doing all the canning stuff. I can't believe you have corn to can already. Ours comes in August.

I am sorry that you lost your brother so young too. Do you have other siblings?

I keep calling and checking on my mom...I just can't imagine watching two of your children die. My mom and sister were not close at all. In fact they were so much a like that they fought all the time. My mom and brother were much closer. But the hardest death for her was my dad. They had been married for 52 yrs when he died and he has been gone for 11yrs and she still really misses him.

Well girls...hopefully we get to start moving the boxes I have packed over tomorrow. I am pretty excited to get going. I packed up both bathrooms tonight...just leaving the stuff that we still have to have here. The kitchen is my last room to pack up.

More tomorrow sometime.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  09:01:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann, praying for your Mom and the rest of the family. I do know the pain of losing your best friend.
Bunny, that jacket is marvelous! You missed your calling, clothing designer by the looks of that jacket.
My grand daughter is coming up to visit on Thursday. This could be interesting.
Pam, my garden is having an identity crisis, it thinks its still May, it was 32degrees yesterday in the early am. Not conducive to plants producing anything. I might get one small head of broccoli.
Blessings to all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  09:06:46 AM  Show Profile
Tracy, great pic of you and the pies. Enjoyed your blog. Man, that tornado pic is hair-raisin. Cute gnome couple. Where did you find such cuties? Do they have names?Mr&Mrs? Brother&Sister. They are just adorable! You hubby is like mine, always sticking his tongue out.He has a handsome head of hair BTW! So shiny&wavy! Ok...here's my beef....why do men have the wavy hair and long lashes...and we have the straight hair short lashes? Jusy askin'!
Bunny, what a beautiful jacket. No wonder you were edgy while making it...lots of little bitty pieces and sharp corners. ~whew~
BUT...being the wonderful seam(stress)hahaha,no pun intended, you pulled it off (AGAIN)!You go Girl!
Peg, you mentioned that your mom and sistert were so much alike that they fought all the time. Mom and I were like that when I was in my teens. Just look at us now! hahaha Inseperable 'til Jesus comes for one of us! *giggle*I just <3LOOOOOVE<3 my Mama!
Well it's noon and still only around 80/breezy and sunny. Hubby got the oil changed on his car. Guess I'll go see what else is on the agenda.
Yesterday we went out to eat and I got a Bluetooth headset for my cell phone. I always thought you had to have a fancy phone for one of those. I also thought you had to pay extra for Bluetooth. You don't. Your phone just has to be Bluetooth compatible. And my little Tracfone is. How'bout that? hahaha Learn somethin' new every day....even us old dogs.hahaha
Well better go see what Hubs wants for dinner. Don't wanna get fired! hahaha
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  10:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Thank you to everyone about my jacket. I'm glad you liked it. I can't wait to get to wear it! The reverse side has a few boo boo's but I covered them up with appliqué. Peggy, I'm not small at all.mthe jacket is a size 14. The wire form is really small...deceiving.
Maybe someday I'll be ...small again. Chocolate gets in the way a bit though.

Peggy, you can go to my Artfire store by. Click on the link at the bottom of my post. www.bunnyroseco.com. just scroll through until you see the pins. I would be happy to make you one or more in different colors if you want, I would be happy to send them to you up front. I don't trust many people, but I know you wouldn't cheat me. You don't have to buy it off the store either. ( it costs me a little when you use a credit or debit card.)

I'm glad you are finally moving. I hope this is your last move. I know how much this must take out of you. Been there, done that.

Judy, I love my Bluetooth! My son bought me one when I moved here to Oregon. I can still do whatever I need while talking away. He calls me almost everyday. Wonderful technology!

Nettie, I use to own a quilt shop. It the economy downturn forced me to close it. I still have lots of fabric left and have it for sale online. However, it calls my name and I have fun making stuff. Keeps me sane.

Well that's all for now. I'm off to the basement...it's getting hot. Making purses for my Etsy store today.

Stay cool everyone!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2012 :  8:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Evening porchies,
I finally was able to get on. My computer has been having fits, been busy with trying to get organized with moving, packing, school, etc. I had my orientation at the wellness center. They have an indoor track and lots of differnt things to do for exercise. I go to the dr on thursday to have blood pressure checked and see if it has come down.

As for our house we are supposed to close next week, but it seems that changes from day to day. Drives me crazy. Our loans are approved. They are waiting on septic tank inspection by state...sheesh. It is sure cutting it close for when we are to be out our current house. I am trying to not fret but gosh with school....fair...I am feeling like I haven't had much of a summer. I will have to go back to my butterflies to relax.

Peggy my sweet sister I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I will be praying for you mom too. I will sure be glad when you get moved and settled. I still have the book you sent me and I am feeling bad cause i haven't had a chance to open it yet...is that ok if I haven't sent to next person...If you want I will so someone else can enjoy it.

Judy you crack me up...I am betting you and blue tooth could be fun

Tracy your pies look delicuious

Bunny your jacket is absolutely beautiful.

well ladies I best skedaddle before computer says it is done.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Running onto the porch for just a minute today...(out of breath..pant,pant).

Peggy, So sorry for the loss of your sister; but understand how you can can have mixed feelings. Will pray for you and your family.

I received your adorable card today, and I do feel special..with yummy looking and sounding teas I have never heard of! You inspired me to run (well, walk quickly) out to get the latest issue of Tea Time. Thank you, Farmgirl friend! Hugs and smiles back at you.

Bunny, I love your jacket too! Lots of style to it as well as beautiful fabrics. My SIL just moved back to Portland,OR area. She is a designer/seamstress also. Used to have her own shop and showed in galleries. Anyway, I was lucky enough to be the proud recipient of some of her items. She made a beatiful, reversible jacket (similar to yours) without collar or cuffs. I called one side my autumn side and the other my spring side. Always got such compliments on it. She quilted hers also. You are so talented!

Monday, I drove DH (following his eye surgery) from Iowa City to Cedar Rapids. Most people would think that was a piece of cake! But for someone who gets lost 7 times trying to get out of a town of 300..with a GPS unit...this was a life challenge! Obviously, we made it...and lived to tell about it.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  1:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I got your card&tea. Almost didn't though...the whole end was out of it and it was wrinkled like it got caught in their stamping machine maybe. I'm glad the tea was taped in there or it woulda been out in tea cyberspace somewhere. I don't know if we need to write "hand-stamp please" on our envelopes or what, you know,because they are puffy with the contents.Who was it last year that got one all chewed up? Don't remember. I love spicy teas and I can hardly wait to try that chocolate tea.I've not heard of the company: My T Leaf.Gonna have to look them up. I just love the cute little stiched bag they use. Very country/earthy. *giggle*
Today we are having another 80/sun/clouds/breezy day. Lovin' every minute of it. Spose to go back up to the 90's for the weekend. We'll see. That's a ways off yet! teehee
Well, back to my laundry...good day for it.
Toodles for now.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  2:39:14 PM  Show Profile
TLT- Don't you hate all the stress selling/closing on a house? That was the worst part for us, too. It does seem summer is flying by and school will be here before we know it. I know you miss seeing your butterflies. Bet you can't wait to meet your new ones.

Judith- I thought my husband was bad at being directionally challenged, but wow you take the cake. I am glad you lived to tell about it.

Well, I finally did it. I went to the doctor about my back and leg pain. I told her I was bad and didn't follow up with therapy like I should have last time, but I was reformed and promised to go this time. She gave me some pain medicine and a muscle relaxer. I called the therapy doctor and they were able to give me an appointment yesterday afternoon. They did some tests to determine if it was nerve, disc, or a muscle problem. Turns out it is not my sciatic nerve or a disc. It is muscle fascia that has tightened up and "wrinkled" making everything tight and also causes pain and tingling in my leg. Who knew you could have wrinkles on the inside! They did muscle/tissue manipulation for an hour and I came home feeling like jello, but no leg pain. Today, still no leg pain, but I have a huge bruise where they were working. They said that was to be expected. I have to do some home exercises and ice packs for the rest of the week. I have to go 2 more times next week and then I should be "cured." I'm not usually a believer in quick fixes, but I can't ignore that there is no leg pain anymore.

The rest of my day has been rain, rain, and more rain. It feels so nice outside. What's left of the garden will love it. I'm happy all the farmers are getting some rain and the wildlife stays away from the gardens, too. I need to finish sewing a dress for DD. Somewhere I got intimidated by the sleeves. Planning on making some cozy potato soup for dinner.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page