Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  04:37:55 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn you make me laugh! I'm just waiting to get permission from Grandma June-bug. It's her receipe and she says it's a family secert! I know she'd never know if I post it but out of respect to her, I'll ask. She was in Hot Springs for a bit because Grandpa had to have a tumor removed from his neck. He is fine and recovering, but He has alzheimers and keeps trying to pull off the bandage and drains. So I'll wait abit till things calm down, but I won't forget to ask!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  05:51:06 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, thank you for the rain dance!!! It worked, we are getting rain right now. I hope it rains all day, we need it so bad, even raining all day will not catch up on what we need, but it sure would help. Now all the prices in the grocery store will definitely go up, even though our food, especially, comes from California. Very little local food stays here, except at the farmers market. Must go and take a shower and get ready to go out for breakfast with my sister, our weekly thing for over 20 years.
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  11:03:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I don't think I have posted in this thread in ages. Thought I'd come say hello.

I'm in a funk today as I learned that my Uncle Max passed away. A little bit ago he had a stroke, well, I guess that got the better of him.

Now I need to go order pizzas for a church group tonight, thankfully I can do that online. I was supposed to provide dinner (not in the mood to cook today), but I'm just going to order pizza for them.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
just stopping in for a quick chat with yall. Sounds like everyone is very busy. Still hot here although there are clouds and few places got rain... a blessing but wish we would have. OUr poor crops are just burning up.

We were to close on the house today but once again they said they weren't ready. They have been very hard to deal with since the report on the septic and well came through. They have to bring it up to code and they do have 90 days. We can make it work to close and move if they would just do it. We are supposed to be out of our house a week from today. They said well that is your problem not ours. I was like the kind thing to do would be to meet in compromise and then we would be able to move, they would have most of their money, except what is put aside to bring things up to code. They seem to think we made had some kind of persuasion over the inspecter. I was like we didn't talk to him, and excuse me but it is the law and his report told you what you had was illegal. It is beginning to wear me out. I have been carrying paint in my trunk for a week now. It is so frustrating. Thankfully I have kept my mouth shut even when I wanted to open it. That is a blessing I am sure...cause I am sure I would not have been kind.

So I keep working in my classroom and going to wellness center to exercise. My blood pressure is better but not normal but the exercise and diet seem to be bringing it to what might be a new normal for me.

Well ladies I am off to work on my bible lesson and cut out some stuff for my little butterflies. I am up to 19 so far. I will have a soaring class..hahahaha

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Shanda girl...tell Grandma June-bug that we promise not to sell her Family Secret Recipe to the Scag-Rags (as Judy calls them) we just want to eat some! And we vow to keep the Secret on The Porch! There...problem solved! LOL

Janet...anytime girlfriend that I can put my Indian Heritage to good use, I am glad to do it. It was warm here today...but I loved it. I have a/c so...I am happy to be out in the heat...when I know I can go inside and cool down. This afternoon though...you would have thought it was winter if you could have seen me. I was napping and had the Apartment so cold that I had to put two blankets on me. Crazy Lady...I am~

Hey Krissy...where you been girl? You got to pop on more often...then we can cheer you up and keep you from getting in one of those "funks" you were mentioning.

I am sorry that you lost your Uncle Max though. I just lost my little Sis...so, I know a sad heart when I see one. I hope your church group tonight helped cheer you up a bit.

Tammy...so sorry for the frustration over the septic tank and stuff...but those land owners sound very unreasonable to deal with. You are a wise woman to know when to bite your tongue. "A Kind Word Turns Away Wrath."...as the Scripture says...but keeping your mouth shut when you want to do the exact opposite...is pure wisdom Girl!!!! When I managed the first Christian Bookstore that I worked at in our Mall. I had to bite my tongue almost in two...atleast once a day and I was dealing with mostly Christian brothers and sisters...but I discovered that we are a mighty opinionated Group! LOL

Good for you on the diet and excercise. I have been walking my dog every day again. Does me as much good as him.

Don't you usually start back to school in mid August? You better hope your 19 little butterflies soar because I think Madam Butterfly may be dragging her backside...when everything happens at once. Mercy Me!

How is the Crocheting going? Is mama still given you lessons? Did you finish your scarf?

Well today I went back out with my son looking for office furniture for his new office. I found a Red Leather Rocking Chair that I loved...but can't afford...but then remembered we were looking for furniture for his office not my living room. I guess I want a comfy chair to sit my draggen back-side in. LOL And Red is my favorite color next to Purple.

OK...off to read my good book.

Bunny dear...hope your day today went better than your yesterday!!

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  04:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! Yesterday was a little busy for me. I did pop on and quick read the replies, but I didn't have much time to respond. I'm hoping those who had bad days have better days today.

Yesterday my toddler, I call him Monster (his size. He's his daddy's boy for sure,) was just messin' in everything. No sooner than I got done telling him something wasn't for him to play with he was into the next something that wasn't for him to play with. My baby girl, I call her Raspberry, kept pulling up on things then losing it completely because she couldn't figure out how to drop down onto her bottom. Poor girl. I ended up spending most of my day rescuing her and keeping him from dismantling my rental house brick by brick.

Oh. My. Gosh. Y'all...I had posted that I thought I found our house south of here...No. No I definitely didn't. We had a few reservations about the road it was on. It's a pretty busy thoroughfare turns out. :( Well - I got to looking again during Raspberry and Monster's afternoon naps...I found one. It's perfect in every way. It's even north of here in KY, but still close enough to the church we attend. We really like our Priest at that church and were hesitant to leave him and his wife (RARE but it does happen in the Catholic church. You need permission from the Pope. He's an ex-Anglican minister who converted.) Anyway - I ramble, forgive me. It's a 42 acre farm with an old farmhouse (1916 I believe was the build date) and a huge barn. It's BEAUTIFUL land. I want this so very bad. I had totally forgotten to check in Southern KY and now I'm beside myself with glee that I remembered. I think I'll start a novena to St. Joseph (patron saint of home buyers) today. I reallllllly want this little farm.

Coffee's ready. I can make a mean iced coffee for anyone who is dying in this heat. I'm one of those people that drink hot coffee on 111 degree days, haha!

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! It's been busy around here but I'm reading back a few days.

Judy- I can't wait till the fair gets here. I love looking at all the entries and going on some of the rides. The food...meh..I'll pass. They don't have very good food. It's mostly done by a traveling carnival and there food prep areas look terrible. I mostly drool my way through looking at all the baking entries.

Peggy- Glad you are getting settled in from your move. I think if I moved again I would want to take a pic of how things were placed and then give it to the movers and have them pack, move, then unpack everything and put it back just the way it was. That would be a dream move.

Cassi- Your Monster sounds cute. I know it's different reading about it than experiencing it. I once had a 2 year old (she's 6 now) and boy was she a Terror. I'm surprised I didn't pull all my hair out some days.

Shanda- You sing so good. I love that Annie song!

TLT- I'm sorry your house closing isn't going so well. The sellers are starting to sound like not so nice people. I hope everything turns out good and quick.

Well, this week we have a loose tooth in the house! This is DD's first loose tooth and she is letting everyone know about it and is keeping her room clean so the tooth fairy doesn't trip and fall over her toys. Tooth fairies can be rather clumsy. I've been researching things tooth fairies do. Sometimes they leave paper money with gold glitter sprayed on it, some leave little footprints.

We're also working on our No Dig garden fence. Two sides are done and I'm hoping the other two sides will be done by next week. I worked with DD to practice making an apple pie. It turned out very good! I'm still trying to find out how to enter one in the fair.

Tomorrow we will start doing back to school shopping. Summer is sure going by fast! Hope the heat goes away fast too.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  08:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Julie, that pie looks so good. I would say that you could win a ribbon at the fair. Your fence looks interesting. Is it on cement blocks?
Made homemade pizza for supper last night. My bread machine make the best crust. Soft, the way we like them. My son came over, but daughter was too busy. Her loss!!!!!
We got 1 1/4 inches of rain, we still need more, but my gardens are thanking the Lord for what we did get. I just finished picking the last of my green beans, wax beans and peas and pulled out all the plants. Am contimplating whether I want to plant another crop of each or now. I think I may just leave that area open to put my compost there and start digging for next year's garden. There is so much I want to do in the house craftwise, but no time. Nice to have it cooler, 70, and lower humidity and breezy. Feels like an autumn day.Ahhhhh!!!
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  10:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, so sorry about your house issues. I know you are stressed. But I imagine the other owners are stressed too now finding out about the expensive repairs they have to make. Of course they should have had those inspections done a long time ago. I hope it all works out soon. Just think how nice it will be when that paint gets out of your car and onto walls. It will happen.

Peggy, I'm excited for your son's new business. Will dad go to work for him? I always said the bane of a retired woman is a retired man.

Kristin, so sorry about your Uncle Max. We all hate to say goodbye to loved ones. Hope you feel better soon.

Julie, your pie looks awesome! So perfect. Total 1st prize stuff to me.

Well, yesterday's class went much better. They are progressing nicely. One girl gets attitude if she makes mistakes. She is very intense. But she is almost done so that is helping. Today she is sewing the binding on and then hand sewing the rest of the time.
The other little girl is a sweet heart. Mom is a bit of a pain. She shows up 30 minutes after class starts and arrives 30 minutes after class is over. She is the one that asked to change the schedule. Very inconsiderate person.. Pretty much wants everyone to accommodate her. I feel bad for her daughter. She kept looking for mom after class, I kept her sewing anyway. But I could tell it was bothering her.

More good news. My mom talked to someone at her church that has a CPA firm in town. He wants to interview me for a part time job. I of course need to still be able to go to school and get my homework done. But the extra money and experience will be much appreciated.

The college also wants me to appear in a tv commercial for them. It will be a few seconds blurb, but sounds like fun. I will also be in the catalog. I told my kids I'm now the college's poster child for oldsters returning to school. There might even be a poster of me on some of the walls here. They did that last year with some of the students. If they do I'll take a picture and you all can see how goofy I look.

Well, time to get ready for class. Hope you all have a safe day.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  1:46:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello all. It is an absolutely perfect day here. just 70 degrees with a slight breeze and not a cloud in a sky so blue you could drown in it. Wonderful after all the cool days with rain. This year's garden was a washout. No joke, 4 spindly little broccoli plants that up and went to seed immediately. A lovely tomato plant that had tons of blooms and not a tomato in sight, just too cold and wet.
Retire is an interesting concept. It is just time to start something new. I set up an Etsy shop yesterday morning and just finished 2 light boxes so I can take more pix.
Bunny, I know the feeling of brokeness. I really need a couple of people to start paying their fair share. But it looks like that must wait a bit. Although my DS is running out of patience and is going to say something to someone if money does not start flowing this direction really quick. And he is really easy going so.....I asked him to hold off for a bit but....he is not happy.
Joan glad that you apparently got our rain. I am dreaming of a long hot Indian summer so you can have all our rain you like. Alaskans are all praying it down to the lower 48, and praying that works.
I am praying for those who are having problems right now and and Peter said, cast your cares on Him. A bit difficult I know, been there done that and still doing.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  2:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
it is cooler here today and everyone is happy for that. Thank you all for your thoughts on my house situation. I so appreciate you all.

Bunny...I hope you get that job and glad to hear the classes went a bit better. when do you start classes again? I think it is neat you are going to be in commercial.

Peggy...I almost have my scarf done. Mom is still teaching me and we love it. I will post a picture when the camera is unpacked.

oh my goodness the pie picture made my mouth water. I am sorry I am blank as to who made it. Good gracious me...my brain is fried.

We are supposed to close on the house on Monday. Hopefully they will follow through. Then they can do the repairs without having to talk to us. That is probably a good thing. But I will wait and see. They have planned closing dates before so hubby and I told our realter we are not going to fight about petty things so let them have their way with the date. The bachelor that bought ours will probably have to wait another week to close due to us not being moved out yet.

I thought yall might like to know that PIkes Peak in Colorado had snow on it yesterday. They said that had not happened in years. I wonder what that means?

well I am off to have some tea and crochet a bit and then back to work on classroom or pack. Neither sounds fun right now.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  8:32:59 PM  Show Profile
A porch on (another) HOT summers day. I can't wait until my porch is done. We put three ceiling fans on it and it is covered by the roof. Nice glass of cold lemonade and I will sit and wait for the breezes and rain. Wish I were in the PNW this summer. I hear the temps are in the 70's. So lovely to read about all the ladies here. Wishing you a wonderful Friday and fabulous Saturday.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  12:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Cassidy...Well, I am not dying of heat but I will take you up on your mean iced coffee. LOL
I love your childrens nick-names.
The Farm doesn't sound too little to me (42 acres)...but then what do I know, I am a Farmgirl Wannabe.
I live in an Apartment.
I have lived on small Farms before but we are talking like 5 acres small. In Texas that probably isn't a Farm at all. LOL

Hi Julie...Wow, I like your moving plan. I am pretty organized but you just took moving to the next level. Ha Ha! That would be a dream move.
Well, how did the Tooth Fairy do for DD...or has the tooth not fallen out yet?

Your fence does look very interesting...can't wait to see it with the boards up or is it going to be chain link?

Your apple pie looks scrumptious. Are you sharing on the Porch tonight. We will be happy to award you a Blue Ribbon!!!

Janet...homemade pizza is always the best isn't it? I haven't made it since my kids left home.
Sounds like your garden is doing good.

Bunny...thanks for your excitement for my son. I am excited for him too. We went to IKEA today and he bought three nice black Table Style Desks.
Tonight when I talked to him...a couple of people he use to work with are sending him client reverals all ready. One guy owns a couple of Restaurants in town and some Retail space and an Apartment Complex. If he could pick that guy up first thing...that would be awesome.

How is your sons budding romance going????

I am so glad that your class is going better. Too bad there is always that difficult child or that pain in the patootie parent.

Wow...part time for a CPA would be Awesome!! Praying that pans out for you.

And we have a Celebrety among us...The Poster Girl
for the Modern College Student. Things are getting exciting in your life.
How great is that?

Cherime...we are having the same kind of weather as you. I know that most of the Country is envious of our a70-80 degree weather.
Too bad the garden was a 'bust' but maybe next year.

Tammy...I hear you about unpacking the Camera. I keep looking around my bedroom/craftroom/office looking for simple things like the stapler, my telephone book, bills to pay etc...and I usually have to dig through a couple of boxes to find them.
My room is the last room to finish up.
I just did my Laundry today and also went through my closet and got rid of a bag full of too small clothes. I decided IF I did lose weight...I deserved new clothes anyway.
Somebody else might as well get some good use out of
like new clothes instead of having them just taking up space in my closet.

Will pray that Monday is your big day with the House Closing.

Welcome To The Porch Kathryn!
Sounds like your new porch is going to be a great one too.
You are so right we are having lovely weather here in the Northwest. Couldn't be more perfect unless it was a tad bit warmer. NOT SCORCHING like most of the Country but just warm enough to want to go swimming and have a picnic.

OK...off to bed and my book. Have a Fabulous Fri. Sisters!!!

Hugs and sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2012 12:43:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  07:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Just stopping by to say--Ric got hired at Sony! He starts mid-August. Meantime, he is still filling in at my workplace. I think it has been good for him; it has really opened his eyes to how hard the rest of the world has to work just to scrape by.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  08:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All
Wow has it really been a week since I have been on the porch? It feels like longer! I ring fresh baked monster coockies. These are great for people who love chocolate and can't have flour. No flour in them, but M&M and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Family reunion was great love camping and I was in charge of breakfast. I didn't have to worry about lunch, dinner, or clean up! WOO HOO! my kind of cookng.

Made a fast trip to Richfield and Arco ID to pick up 3 horses 1 mule and youngest DS and SIL. They were staying with her mother. That did not work out to well. Pray for jobs. They both need to work.

Miranda I hope you find a place to hold the wedding you want. My youngest DD is still in the early stages of planning. We have already run into some of the same problems.

Julie The night shirt sounds wonderful. You can even pick a color that matches you bedroom.

Shanda that is awesome news. Enjoy the new job.

Cassidy Hi and welcome. Sounds like you are busy.

Peggy it not fair. You get the rain and I just get clouds. Quit hording the rain. Send it on !! LOL

Nan sending prayers up for you. Moving is so draining! Take it one day at a time. We know you can do it.

All this talk about fair food is making me hungrey! I love to walk through all the animals and see the crafts. Our local fair is so small you can do that in a couple of hours. LOL

Janet thank you for the lemonade and ice tea. I really need some. Monday was nothing but driving!!

Shanda thanks for the pie and the song. Both are appreciated.

TL Tammy I hope the closing goes through soon. Moving is bad enough without having to work and move.

Cassi I know how you feel. I hope it all works out for you. We are still looking for a lac. I think we are going to look farther north in Idaho. There is just nothing here we like. The one we did like (fell in love with). has been pending for a year but should close soon the relator said. I could not believe that you could pend on a house for a year!

Julie MMMMM the pie looks really good. What is a no dig fence? It was hard for me to see tell in the picture.

Bunny hope the job works out. That would be awesome. I beeter ask for an autograph now before you get to famous!

Kathryn the porch sounds great. I love a nice big porch.

Well I need to get moving. I have alpaca fleece to card today. It is cleaned, well as clean as I can get it. LOL carding then spinning.
Have a great Friday everyone

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  09:19:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, my son's new romance is going great. I'm so happy for him. The other day he decided to call after work only to have her calling him at the same time. This weekend they are going to a local amusement park. She has never been and he hasn't had anyone to go with in a long time. They should have fun. His friend with the cabinet shop called him asking for help. It was a big surprise because he had taken on a partner and then offered my son a ridiculously low salary offer to come to work for them. He already has a pretty good job and was expecting an offer of about double. So they kinda kicked him to the curb and said they didn't need him anymore. Mind you he was going there after his regular job and working another 6 hours to help them out during the transition. Now they keep asking him when is he going to come to work for them. I told him he should say " you can't afford me". He is at least helping out so he has extra money to take out his new girl friend. But not much loyalty anymore.

I start school again on Sept. 24. I have an appointment with my adviser next week and sigh up for classes next Friday. I also sign the final papers on my bankruptcy. It will be a relief to have that over. I just wish I had done it sooner. I just really hoped I would be in a better place. It is coming together now at least. I still have a hard year at school ahead of me. Business law, 2 economics classes and still two more actual accounting classes.

Julie, I feel you on the no dig fence. I had a dog that was a champion escape artist. I took chicken wire and cut slots half way through the fencing width and pulled it from the outside to the inside of the fence area. Then put a few stakes to hold it down and covered it with dirt.That way when he tried to dig out he was actually pulling the fence towards him. It worked great. Good luck.

Dianne glad to have you back from your trip. Nice when you only have to deal with one meal. No rain here bit the temps haven't been too bad. Hopefully August will behave too.

Alyce, whoo hoo for Ricks new job.

Nan, thinking about you. Hope everything went well with the moving help this weekend. I figure your computer is probably still packed. Just know we are here for you.

Today is the last sewing class. Pretty much all hand sewing today. It will be a bit of a stress as one girl was really hating the hand work. She said it was boring. 3 hours of fun with a cranky 10 year old. Glad it's the last day. Then tomorrow it write an awesome resume day. The CPA wants me to bring one. Fuuunnnn for me.

Say a prayer for all our northeastern sisters. Sounds like the weather is hitting them hard. Lots are out of electricity in this terrible heat. I just hope they are all ok.

Later all!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  10:35:11 AM  Show Profile
TGIF! Also the Olympics start tonight and I am a sucker for the games. I will bring some sprouted flour choc chip cookies by later. Must. Get. Work. Done!

Bunny congrats on getting a fresh start!

Tammy good luck on closing!

Diane monster cookies! Come sit next to me!

PeggyAnn my "ranchette" is just a hair under 7.5 acres and having lived in Oklahoma that is nothing compared to Texas ranches or even Pioneer Woman but it is beautiful and ours so t me that makes it perfect. Hope you can find your way to another mini-farm!

Have a lovely afternoon ladies!

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  11:34:04 AM  Show Profile
Julie, love that beautiful pie. You get a blue ribbon from me.Anybody who takes the time to do a lattice-top or a fancy leaf top get a blue ribbon from me. heehee
Love the fence idea too.
Jan, my sister makes dilly beans. But did I read you right???...do you pickle peas too? Not heard of that.
Cherime,Loved the picture of the sky you painted for us. I can just smell the blue. *giggle*
I just read a Salada tea tag.It said: "You don't know what you can't do till you try!" How FarmGirl is that?That Be A Fittin' Statement! We try&try&try&......hahaha
TLTammy, I think the snowcaps are telling the rest of us that we are possibly in for an early and hard winter!Just look at how harsh the summer has been.I don't mean to be the "Party-Pooper".....just sayin'....*sigh*
Peg, ROFL...."pain in the patootie".....haven't heard that expression in loooog time.....You are Priceless! I just wanna hug the stuffins' outta ya girl! *giggle-giggle*
Alyce,So happy to hear that Ric has a job lined up...Hoooray!!!
Kathryn,Oooooooo...a big porch AND fans too,no less! Niiiice!How lovely is that!When it's done we'll have to have a Porch-Party! And you're so right, no matter what size the farm is....when it's yours....it's Perfect!!!
Well, gotta go visit my Mama. She needs a few things!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  4:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Just poppin in real quick. The pie was made by DD. It took forever as she is 6 and wanted to make dinosaur shapes out of the crust. I looked up some instructions for doing lattice work and it's SOOO easy I'm blushing not to have known before. I only helped here and there and got it in and out of the oven. I wanted her to practice so she'll have an honest entry for the fair.

The No Dig fence idea is because our land has so many rocks and boulders in the ground. Many a fence hole drill bit has been broken when people try to put up fences. The work is just too much for us to do and too expensive to pay someone. I had an idea about putting the metal fence posts into concrete. I tested the cinder block idea and it worked. When it's done the entire bottom will be a connecting line of cinder blocks. There will be metal fencing 3 feet tall on the bottom portion and then bird netting on the other 3 feet. We have to do this to keep deer out. We'll also add shade cloth as a roof in some parts to help the plants do better. I will also plant some kind of bush in front of the cinder blocks to block the view of the cinder blocks. I'll keep adding pics as it gets done. I'm all for making hard work as easy as possible.

Today we spent shopping for school clothes! DD just had the time of her life as we shopped only for her. She was also able to get the Nintendo DS she has had to work this summer for by feeding all the animals day and night, doing chores, and hauling whatever and whenever we ask her to. I think she is in love by far with her new Sketcher shoes, which her Mama (me) clipped coupons and used the money saved to buy them.

I hope you have a good weekend. I'm working tomorrow but I hope to catch some of the Olympics on tv. I enjoy watching all the different countries compete. I'll read and catch up with everyone in a day or so.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I missed you all here on the porch.

All this talk about fairs - our was this week and we went in a few times, once to see if we got any ribbons and to look at all the exhibits, and once for the goat show. We tend to stay away from the main fairway as nothing really interests us there. :)

My little sister's birthday was this week too - can't believe she's 16! Makes me feel kinda old. :P We celebrated by making her chosen b-day meal of steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans, then went for ice cream with one of her friends. It was fun and she had a great time.

I hope our tomatoes start ripening soon - lots of green ones but not a hint of red yet! We did get some from the farmer's market on Thursday so we've been enjoying tomato sandwiches for lunches. To me, a tomato sandwich is the essence of summer!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  3:47:38 PM  Show Profile
I agree with you, Lindsey. I love tomato sandwiches. Can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen either.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Yuuuuummmm....tomato sandwiches on butter bread with salt&pepper! Add corn on the cob and that spells summer to me!
I went to my Mom's today and while there I looked in the direction of my little town and you could see the rains
with lightening shooting down and it was moving pretty fast. Everything dissapeared behind the sheets of rainin
that direction. It was sooooo dark there too. You couldn't even see the big factory that stands out on a sunny day.
It was so weird. Mom lives on the 9th floor,about 10 miles west of me,so I get a general view of my towns direction
from there.She got a few drops of rain and that's all.
I watched 3 huge, fast-moving rains go all around us and drench my town and neighboring towns. I was soooo happy.
Praise God for the rain. It dropped the temps 10 degrees in about 30 minutes. Now it's 67 at 11:30 and I'm going to sleep
without the a/c on in my room for the first time in weeks.~~weeeeeeee~~ LOL Oh, and when I got home, our grass was green.
How is THAT possible? It was really brown. We had 3 t-storms yesterday too so it started turning green last night,we noticed.
Poor DH said he's gonna have to mow next week. I'm not complaining. Green grass is sooooo pretty.hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  08:48:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's been busy as usual here...I get to come online & read, but don't always have time to respond to everything :(. Anyhow. I went to my best friend from college's wedding yesterday - but I left my camera at home! And didn't realize it until I was already there (I live about 2 hours away from them), and I didn't have time or money to go to the store & get even a disposable camera! I was so disappointed in myself :(. I did get 2 pictures on my phone, but they weren't very good ones - not like ones I could have taken with my camera. On my way back, I stopped in at my aunt & uncle's house for a visit - it was nice. Even though we only live about 40 minutes from each other, it's sometimes hard to see each other. And my aunt gave me some homemade raspberry jam & rhubarb relish - yum! Can't wait to try it!

Well, today I think I'm going to do some laundry, some school work, and a bit of cleaning/tidying, and hopefully some of the peas & beans that my cousin & I picked on Friday night. I better do them or they may not get done til it's too late! So maybe I should get started, eh? Hope you all have a good day!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  01:03:11 AM  Show Profile
good evening my porchie girlies...

I have been off the radar for a couple of days but see I didn't get too far behind on the happenings on the Porch. I think everyone is either tuned in to the Olympics (me too!) or just busy with Summer Activities.

Saturday we drove to Seattle for Madeline's fourth birthday. Mom and dad did a Party At The Locs/Park. It was a beautiful day. Had kind of looked iffy for awhile but The Lord smiled down on Miss Madeline and all her family and little friends. She got way too spoiled with gifts but I guess that is what happens when only one Son/DIL have two kids and the other sons have no children. LOL
Plus the girls have 6 Uncles who just love to dote on them and four sets of grand-parents who are all in "Spoil Mode" 24/7.
We sat from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm and then sat some more to watch the Olympics once we got back home...and this morning I felt like a Pretzel...I couldn't unbend the ol' bod for hours. I was really in pain.

Julie...if that pie was made by a 6 yr old she deserves every blue ribbon at the Fair. I couldn't make an apple pie look that good and I consider myself a good cook and baker. I always make a top crust with cut-outs but they don't look as
Pretty as that one.

Alyce...glad to hear that Ric got a full time job. That is a plus this day and age.

Dianne...I need to do a rain dance for you too! We really have just gotten like Ocean Mist, it's like being at the Beach.

Bunny...sounds like both you and your son have been under appreciated by previous employers. I hate when that happens.
Glad his romance is going well.

Kathryn...your Ranchette sounds perfect! I will never get back on a Farm of any size but I do enjoy hearing about everyone elses.

Judy...sounds like a real painless type diet (having the stuffens hugged out of you)...I'm game if you are. LOL
Tell Patsy...I am going to be coming to look for her if she doesn't come sit and chat a spell. Don't she know we all miss her visits????

Lindsey...Glad you had a good time at the Fair!
So your lil' Sis is Sweet Sixteen huh? I like her idea of B-day dinner...sounds like my kind of dinner.
Also...I love tomato sandwhiches too. Or
cucumber sandwhiches. I'm with Judy...add some buttered bread and a little salt and pepper and you have yourself a picnic.

HI Janet...glad you added your 2 cents in on the Tomato vote. Sounds like we might just have to have us a picnic on the Porch, what cha all think?

Pam...doesn't it make you soooooo mad at yourself when you walk off and forget one of the most Important things for a Wedding, The Camera!!!! I have been there, done that and kicked myself all the way back home!

Your day sounded like mine...I unpacked all the rest of my moving boxes except two and hung every picture except two.
You are probably wondering why I didn't finish the last two sets of two's...but I was just too darn tuckered out to even care...and besides by then it was time for the Olympics to come on....so, I had a good excuse, right???? LOL

OK My Lovelies...time to put this pretzel to bed.

More Later, Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 30 2012 01:08:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  04:47:48 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Friends!
Happy Monday! It's going to be a wierd week. My son went back to college yesterday and My daughter goes to church camp today for a week. Empty nest!
I'll be kept busy at work cuz my bosses will be gone all week at church camp too.
Like I said, a wierd week ahead.
Happy Monday everyone!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page