Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:03:37 AM  Show Profile
Connie, so sad about your alpaca. It's hard when animals die regardless if they are pets or workers. Hope you can replace him soon.

Megan, so glad to see you back. You need to post pictures of your adventures.

Judy, nice snake. My kids wanted a snake when they were younger. He was a black corn snake we named Albert. He had one white scale and all the rest black. He finally went to live at a nature youth camp for city kids.

Dianne, funny about the laundry comment. For me it's the hassle of maneuvering down the stairs to the basement without being tripped by one of the cats. Other than that, it's a breeze.
Glad you are enjoying cleaning and spinning your alpaca wool. Are you dyeing and selling it? I know yarn shops like to have local yarn to sell. I tried cleaning angora wool for a company that used it for doll hair. I loved doing it but it turned out to pretty much be a scam. They always found something wrong with it. Turns out they were just trying to sell the wool and would keep saying your work wasn't quite good enough so you would keep buying it and trying. But I really over doing it. I should have just sold it as doll hair myself.

Spent all last night with nightmares and a terrible headache. Can't understand why. I had a wonderful day creating in the basement. But I have noticed I'm clenching my teeth a lot lately. Need to chill. I think I'm a bit stressed about this school year. I know the classes are getting much harder. Don't know if I can keep up with the A' and B's.

Well, off to meet the school advisor this morning so I can get my classes on Friday.

Have a wonderful hump day!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  08:20:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Girlies! I just love reading all the reactions from you about snakes. Sorry to gross ya out!It's funny about Robby, he is so happy-go-lucky and out-going with his pets....he just hands her to me and I'm so curious and "try anything once" and easy-going about pets that I just take her...after I make sure she doesn't mind. Other peoples pets attached to their owners can be tricky sometimes. We both have a natural curiosity about animals&bugs! He's fun to be around because of that and never having children of my own makes him even more special. And, yes, he's a blessing to have around to work for us too.DH just adores him and we both try to teach him new stuff. He loves learning about my herbs and edible plants. He's very immature and shy for his age. I Pray that he learns good things from us in the year that they are planning on living here. They are suppose to move out to the country somewhere next year. There are 6 kids and he's the only boy. Poor thing! hahaha But, ya, they need to be out where kids can run, explore and play...like I did growing up.
Today is cooler(so far)*giggle* and I'm not sure what we will get into yet. DH mowed yesterday for the first time in 2 months. Looks so Preeeeety!!! teehee
Well, girls, make it a Great day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  12:33:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Tammy, sounds like a fun color combo! When does school start back up for you?
Judy, my trip was wonderful! It was honestly so much fun. I learned a lot and I met new people (there were four girls from Greece!). It was honestly three of the best weeks of my life. I never knew that you could forge such strong bonds with people in only three weeks! And it made me really excited for college, too! Only two more years, then I'm off on my own, sort of.
April, we haven't cut our grass either! We've reached almost drought-like conditions! Send me some rain vibes?
Janet, I will have to post pictures along with gradually tell stories about my stay in North Carolina!
Dianne, I will put Michael in my prayers.
Bunny, I believe in you! You can kick those classes' butts!
Today I'm going to my aunt's house and my cousins and I are planning to spend the night in a tent, hopefully. It's always fun when we're together, so whether or not we go through with the tent it'll be a good time! I hope everyone has a great rest of the day!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  1:34:49 PM  Show Profile
Catching up on some unread pages...

Lindsey- Mmm tomato sandwiches. I haven't had the kind of tomatoes that I like for sandwiches this year.

Judy- Glad to hear someone is getting rain. Ours is green but the lawn mower is refusing to cooperate and keeps breaking this part and that part. (*Note to self* Judy is a sloppy eater, don't put out the white tablecloth) Robby is a cutie for sure, but that snake is ugly! Ugly ugly eww yucky! I'm definitely NOT a snake person. Aww, you're a cutie too.

Peggy- I'll get a link for the lattice top and post it. I think even you will give it a try.

Shanda- I hope you are enjoying your week of no kids and no bosses.

April- Welcome to the Porch! Your puppy sounds like a handful.

Connie- Sorry to hear about your alpaca. I don't know a thing to help you. I'm kind of fearful about bigger animals, even the bigger rabbits.

Ruthie- I hope things are beginning to look up for you.

TLT- Yea! Glad you got your house keys and are ready to move. Lavender highlights do sound lovely.

Cherime- I'd love to see some pics of where you live. It sounds just wonderful.

Cassi- Don't you love how kids are so easy going with each other and are instant friends. I wish it was that easy for grownups.

Well, I just got back from the Post Office so the tea is in the mail! They should get to you by Saturday. Except Pokey Peggy's. Peggy, I still need your address. I know you must be really busy or tired because you didn't come to the porch last night.

Yesterday I had my last session of therapy for my back/leg pain. They really poured on the mushing and poking. I even cried. How embarrassing is that? At least I'm all done with it. Next, I am supposed to join a gym to continue my stretching and strengthening. My town has an Activity Center that has swimming, weights, and different classes. It's only $40 per year so I'll sign up there this week. I will be looking real buff soon

I finished putting up my fence poles. Next will be joining them together with 2x4's. I probably won't start that till next week.

Here is the link I used for making the lattice work pie crust.
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_a_lattice_top_for_a_pie_crust/

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  4:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Julie, peggy's new address is:
Peggy Smith, 8500 NE Hazel Dell Ave. E-5,Vancouver,WA 98665

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  5:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Had a great time creating in the sewing room today. Here is what I did. I still have to do a bunch of hand stitching around the edges and might add a few beads here and there.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  6:17:30 PM  Show Profile
WooHooooo....Julie's gonna get buff! hahaha I don't even know what you look like now, so, what do I have to go on? hahaha Do you find that your back and leg acts up worse on these hot/humid days? Man...mine does. Today was awful. We went to the Mall to be in a cooler place(it was hot there too...Yuck) and I walked around the mall(laps)to try and stretch out my left leg, thigh muscle. Still hurts but not as bad. Your exercise plan just might do the trick for you. I hope so. If it would cool down so I could walk outside, I'd do that. I think I need to get on my stepper. I have a pertable one. And I DID remember my bandanas today when we went out to eat. It's DH that slops food, not me. I'm the clean freak. lol He hates that I'm always telling him to wipe the corners of his mouth when he eats. He always says, "No, I'm not done making a mess yet!" LOL What a little boy men can be.
Bunny, what beautiful work you do. That takes the patience of Job! hahaha ~~whew~~ Better you than me Girl!
Well, that's it for me tonight.
Sleep well Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2012 :  6:19:45 PM  Show Profile
It ended up getting humid here after all, so we are back to where we were again. My tummy does not like the heat and acts up, so for supper I just had a salad, some tomatoes and mixed fruit. All cool things and tasted so good. I love fruit when it is in season like this. It is so hard to find a good watermelon here, but finally got one with some flavor to it. Yummy.
I just can't seem to get motivated lately. Today I went out for breakfast with my sister and did the bedding and got that all washed and dried and put back on the bed. Am working on a knitted scarf, and that's about it for today. I want to shampoo the carpet tomorrow, if it is not too humid. Otherwise it does not dry fast enough. I would like to get the house all cleaned before the windows and doors need to be closed for the season, then hoping to get to my sewing machine and jewelry making. Seems there is never enough time to do everything I want to do.The older you get, the faster time flies!!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  01:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchie Sisters...

I am gone one night and almost 2 full pages of posts. You all are a bunch of Gabbie Geese!!

Cherime...I just knew you didn't really mean to "Retire". You see, some people really do retire and some just find another paid project. LOL Sounds like you may just be staying where you are at...if the new owner has come a courten!!!

Bunny...your discription of some of your painting experiences so sounds like mine!!! I just had to laugh and say, "YES, somebody else who gets into worse messes painting right along with me." I kinda of think that Teacher Tammy must be the same way dont cha think? LOL

By the way I got my three flower pins in the mail today! I love them!!!! Will get the money out to you just as soon as I possibly can!!! I was just tickled to death with them.
I took some pics but was too tired to post them today.

Cassidy...it is always fun to have family come and visit...but it is also nice when they go home too. Ya know what I mean?

Julie...hope you got my email this afternoon. My goodness...I don't want my Tea to be lonely and all by itself for very long.
Thanks Judy for having my back and posting the new address. ~ Julie can't wait to get your tea and see what you sent to us.

Judy...Robby is the spitten image of "Opie" isn't he????
I am glad to see that he likes boy things, like Snakes...when he has all sisters. Sometimes kids like that grow up playing with Barbies instead. (just joking!). Glad that he has you and DH to hang around and be an influence in his life.

I have to admit that I saw the picture of you holding the snake first (as I was readying backwards and trying to catch up on what I missed)....I thought "Oh, oh...she is going to freak out a few of the girls with this picture!" LOL And you did!
I am not afraid of snakes or spiders...just rodents. I don't relish the thought of big ol' hairy Tarantula's but the rest don't bother me.

Hi Connie...sorry to hear about your Alpaca passing. It is sad when pets or farm animals die. Hoping you find another one to replace this one.

Hi Janet...doesn't Judy remind you of that guy from Wild Kingdom?

Megan...glad to have you back home on the Porch girlie. We missed you...but were praying and hoping that you were having some Summer fun.

Tammy...the Pedicures you will pay for...for those girls will be well worth it!!!! LOL I am so happy that they did a good job for you. That will make the move all the sweeter knowing that you are moving in to a freshly painted home.

April...sorry, but I laughed over your comment about almost throwing up when you saw Judy holding that snake. My husband would be the same way! He hates snakes with a passion...they give him the complete willies. So do spiders.

Dianne...what a lovely offer to send me some alpaca yarn to try out. I would love that....thank you so
very much. I am so excited.

Bunny...loved your creative quilted pieces. They are so bright and pretty. Now what are you going to do with them?

Hi Lynette...I am so happy for you that you got to go on Vacation and enjoy some away time...making happy memories! Well, come back when you can sit a spell and visit longer!

Ok My Lovelies...I am off to bed for some very much needed sleep.

Sweet dreams (especially for Bunny who just battled with nightmares and a headache)...non of that nastiness tonight girl...only fairy dust and fantasy for you!

Nightie Night,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so glad you liked the flowers. I enjoy making them. I'll look for your mail.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the mini quilts. I have to do some hand embroidery on them first to perk them up. It they look good enough I will probably put them on Etsy and see if I can sell them. The lady that started this style sells her little quilts for from $125.00 to $200.00. I of course will never get that much. But they won't be less than $50.00 each. They are around 12" x 12". As for right now, I'm just enjoying the process. I may keep them for myself and make others to sell.

Funny your husband doesn't like snakes. One time our black snake "Albert" got out of his spot and we couldn't find him anywhere. There were some men working next door so I asked them if they had seen a big black snake. One of the men did this little squeal and ran up the ladder to the roof. Made me laugh. We found him later in the couch cushions napping.

I just entered a contest called "pets on quilts". People vote for the best pets in different catagories. I don't think voting starts until August 9th but you can check out my entries on my website. www.curiousorangecat.com or go to this link to see everyone elses too. http://www.lilypadquilting.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-2012-pets-on-quilts-show-is-here.html

Have fun!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, those are AMAZING! And BEAUTIFUL!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  07:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...I forgot to take my meds last night because I was so tired...so guess who is up at the
crack of dawn today...wide awake and kicking myself...because I really need the Restorative Sleep.

Anyway...had my craft night last night and we had a good time of stories and giggles. It is always great
to get together with my Christian Sisters and just craft and gab or Bible Study and gab...whatever!

I just saw my reflection in the mirror above my computer...and I startled myself...I look scary this time
of the morning. (and the darkness doesn't help either...it just adds to the affect) LOL

Bunny...I went on that Web Site that is doing the contest and I couldn't get my computer to open their
pictures. So, I went on your website and looked at your cool cats/on Quilts pictures (loved them) but I
want to be able to vote for you on the Contest...any suggestions?

My sons new business opened this Week and the very first day (Monday) he got a Client that also wants to
be a financial backer and perhaps a "silent partner" too. He has worked with Shane before and really likes
him. I think the guy sees Shane as himself when he first started out in business. He is a Billionaire with many different kinds of business venues...Realestate just being one of the many. Shane meets with him again today for Lunch/with Shane's Business Plan. I can't wait to hear how that all goes. Pretty
exciting. And Mercedes (Shane's fiance) new job is going well. She loves being her own boss too. Even
though she does have higher ups to answer to in Seattle, she is the Manager over two Apartment Complexes
here and has a couple of Maintenance guys under her. I really feel like God has blessed their good work
ethics and brains. They are both very business saavy and very good at what they do. They were both extremely taken advantage of, extremely under paid by their previous employer....and extremely under appreciated. So, it is nice to see them being blessed now and they are giving God the credit...as they
have prayed every step of the way...and let God direct their steps. I am very proud of both of them.

My husband will be working part time for Shane again. So, that will give me some free time too...which
after this move...I need. LOL Retirement is great as long as your husband still has something to do.

I am looking forward to just staying home today and emptying my last two boxes in my bedroom, sitting on
my Porch with some Sweet Tea and my dog by my side and reading. If it gets too hot I can go down to the Pool. Last night my girlfriend brought some cucumbers and green beans from her garden to Craft night for all of us. So today I want to put on a pot of green beans in the Crock Pot with onion, bacon and new potatoes. And for lunch I plan to have cucumber sandwhiches with butter and salt and pepper. Doesn't that
sound yummy?

OK...I am off to go watch the Sunrise or something.....

Have a Wonderful Day My Lovelies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  07:38:06 AM  Show Profile
Judy I guess that I am not scared of any critter the Lord made but have a violent hatred of roaches. I kill any I see anywhere on sight no questions asked.
Bunny you are extremely talented. Those are lovely.
Ladies, it appears that I won't have to have the GDD upstairs on the third floor. I am grateful for that. Her Godmother has stepped in and will shepherd her in Eagle River. There is a small room for rent in her apt building and she can rent that and be closer to town. I was worried about her being alone in the house over the winter as she is a city girl through and through no clue about wood stoves, how much to turn the water on if the temp falls below -25, etc. Phew!
If the new boss really does move the office I just might be there for a bit more on a really part time basis.
Put some more stuff in the Etsy shop, Handcrafted in Alaska, yesterday am. But need to take more pix. Problem as always is time. So I best get off here and get to it as I have to go help clean a house in a couple of hours. Renters left DD and SIL a real mess and SIL was being nice only charged them the amount of the mortgage payment $800 per month, no first, no last and of course no cleaning dep. So off to work today and tomorrow.
I am loading a pix of the old homestead. The siding was done with osb and pine planks last summer when we had a summer.

Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, the voting isn't until August 10th. I think you go to the website and comment on your favorite. I'll know more around the 9th. You should be able to at least go to each of the websites of the other entries. They are just links to their blogs. What kind of computer do you have? But I'll let you know for sure. I see myself in the mirror in the morning and it's not pretty either. Amazing what a shower and a little eye liner can do.

Cherime, sounds like your GDD is living in a better place. I'm sure Alaska can be a challenge for city girls. Too bad about your DD and SIL's renters. But that's not unusual with renters. I have an friend that has a house in Anchorage. Her renters were angry she was evicting them because they had not paid rent in 4 months. So they packed up and left with no notice and left a back door open and a bunch of windows open in the middle of winter. She had quite a mess to clean up.

Well, I got signed up for all my school classes this morning. Everything is in order. Thank you all for the kind comments on my little quilts. I'm having fun. I'm thinking about donating one to the Alzheimer's quilt auction. They raise money for research. You can go here to check out the quilts for sale now. http://www.alzquilts.org/
The one with the flowers in the grass is the right size. The tiny quilts can only be a maximum size of 9" x 12". It's almost done so I just have to put the binding on and a way to hang it.

Later everyone. Have a wonderful Friday!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  3:51:31 PM  Show Profile
hey y'all! Still no internet at the house, but wanted to share a little experiment I started last weekend!

In Texas, we have a longer growing season because it normally doesn't get as cold, as soon as other places. Well, I decided to take advantage of that, and the rich black soil we have on the farm. I started sprouting various seeds in my kitchen window.

I started last saturday, doing the typical put the seeds in a sprouting cup and stick them on the window sill thing.
But as I looked at the light of the sun beginning to set in the west, I realized, maybe I could hang something from that window and do the same thing! It would keep it out of reach of the animals, light would still get to it, and there's enough room for six!

So, I took 6 little glass votive holders I got at Target earlier this spring, put a paper sprouting cup in each (the kind you can plant later) and divided a pellet of planting mix between the 6 cups. I started corn, carrot, lima bean, green bean, sunflower, pumpkin and thought "well, it's worth a shot, anyway!"

Sure enough, the basil started sprouting in the cup sitting on the window sill... but nothing else, so far.

I crawled up the step stool yesterday and pulled down the votive holder labled CORN and sure enough, it sprouted! The next one was GREEN BEAN, and it too, had sprouted! So far the only one up top I am not noticing a sprout from is the carrots, which isn't a surprise.

Once I get some chicken wire (Train has formed a NASTY habit of digging up my plants!) I will transplant the sprouts outside and see what kind of crops we can come up with!

I will get pics when I can, and share my design with you all! I'm just tickled pink!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, have fun with you garden plan. I know we are all jealous of Julie when she is harvesting her garden veggies in the winter when the rest of us are living in snow.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  5:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My fellow porchies..........looks like the Caribbean is heating up for the next week to come! I thought I'd just stop by for a quick glass of lemonade! I'm supposed to be cleaning my house for a little Mary Kay gathering tomorrow! Helping my daughter out with her business, so I'm having a party for her! My life has changed so much from the days I used to be on here daily...working on some new changes hoping they all work out! One day I'll with you when I know just a little more! ahh, that lemonade is so refreshing! I had some Organic haircolor put in this week....that's pretty exciting isn't it? No Amonia, or harsh chemicals! pretty cool! I love how everyone's paying attention to precautions of what we do and products we use! Hope you all have a delightful evening! I better go mop those floors! and figure out what I'm going to do for a tablecloth! LOL! :) Think PINK! how about white with pink curlique's sprinkled around.....I think I'll go with that! In case I don't get back here for a week or two, hope you that live on the Eastern Shoreboards, stay dry and safe........YEP, there's a hurricane out there....looks like it's heading to the Gulf by MOnday! We're feeling the effects of that tropical Wave right now.......had a pretty good gust of wind and some lightening a little bit ago.....Get ready to Hunker down girls! :)

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  5:57:36 PM  Show Profile

Hey Porchies...

Look at the Pretty Flower Pins I got from our talented Ms. Bunny!!! Aren't they beautiful!! I love her
work! I am being selfish and keeping two of them. The Lavender and Purple one and The Red and Purple
one. The pink one is going out as a gift for somebody. Just thought I would share.

Hi Miranda and Monica...wow, look what the wind blew in...two of our favorite Porchies. Come back!!!

I will be on here later for more chat.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  7:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Worked today, and will again tomorrow. One day is not too bad, but it is hard on me when I work 2 days in a row, but in a couple of weeks I will be working a whole week so my son can have a vacation. Thank goodness for moms!!! LOL!!!
We had 10 minutes of rain at midnight last night, but then humid again today. More rain expected for tomorrow, I hope it rains all day so the humdity will drop and it will then cool off. We can only hope, heh?
Will catch up with all tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  8:29:20 PM  Show Profile
Janet, I went to look at your jewelry and....it was empty....like my cookie jar is right now. hahahaha no wonder you said you were going to make some more. *giggle* I did enjoy your campfire pics though.
Netty...hiiiii....I would have loved to have been at Frontier Days with Yuns. I just love ghost- towns and a good Rodeo!!!
Wow Peg, aren't you a lucky girl! Such beautiful flowers you received from Bunny. Isn't she talented! Wish I were! Love those vivid colors.
Spent the day with Mama since it was 90/humid....and she has a/c.
Tomorrow I have a new frige coming. My old one, an old Kelvinator, has been here for 26 years and has been old faithful.But alas....it's on it's last leg. It was here, who knows how long before I moved in.Yup, it's old. I just got a basic, simple white one to replace it. No bells or whistles, BUT an Energy Saver. I just want my stuff to STAY cold and the crisper drawer to keep things crisp, not mold on me and suck the moisture outta my veggies. hahahaha
Well, stay cool Gals!
G'Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  12:27:14 AM  Show Profile

Put one of my flowers on my jean bag. Have now moved it up to the left hand corner. Got
a compliment on it last night at my Crafting Group.

Well girls...I got all my boxes unpacked in my room today (there were only two left) but
packed full of crafting stuff. Oh, my goodness...I have given boxes and boxes of stuff away
and I still own too much junk. I swear that my bedroom looks like a Craft Fair exploded
inside of it. LOL I have gotten my little office space very compacted and it's working for
me just fine. I guess I should be happy because I didn't have to store anything under
my bed this time (like tubs of yarn etc). Everything has it's place and it has to stay there
or I am afraid that it will be like letting go of a filled balloon...it will all go flying around
and I will have to start all over again. Ha Ha!

I have a very huge problem though, now that I am all unpacked. I am missing all my Jewelry. And I
fear that I know where it is...in my husbands room that is filled floor to ceiling with all the boxes
he has not unpacked. Do, I have the energy to go through each of those boxes???????????????????
I think I am going to have to meditate (or medicate) on it and build up some energy reserve...before I can even walk
in there. He literally has a path to his desk, then over to his bed and then over to his closet and
you can't see the floor for all the boxes. In Two weeks I have gotten our entire Apartment put together
and every box unpacked, all clothes and extras given away...and the man has done nothing but wash a
couple loads of his clothes and set his computer desk up. If I didn't want my Jewelry so badly...I
would not even touch one of those boxes. I have been wearing the same necklace with two different pairs
of hoop earrings for 2 months now. If I wouldn't damage my jewelry...I would just as soon throw some
TNT in there and let the jewlery fall out on it's own. I had all my boxes pretty well marked which room they went in...but when you have 5 moving people carrying in boxes they don't always take time to read
the labels. So, I really can't blame them...they were a Godsend. My Jewelry...my problem!!!

It got warm today...for us (87 degrees and sunny). I walked outside to get the mail and went, "Whoa, so this is what summer is suppose to feel like!" I like it!!!! Tomorrow it is suppose to be 97 degrees.
I just might have to go fight all the little kids for the Swimming Pool.

Well girls...I think you finally sent summer our way! Thanks...I plan to enjoy it!

Good Night and Sweet Dreams,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 04 2012 11:17:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  06:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies! I'm in Boston with my family and we did a ton of sightseeing yesterday. It was so hit and humid!!!! Yikes in the 90's with humidity... My hair totally frizzed out! But we had a great time and got to see the Twins play at Fenway park and we won! Woohoo! It was a great game. More fun today.. Hope y'all have a great Saturday!
-April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  07:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, your friend had to mess to clean I am sure. The guy was a friend of my SIL and I think that he really did not mean for this to happen but his wife has had quite a few problems lately of a spiritual kind. It took me an hour on hands and knees to get the grunge off the lino tiles in the entry way. But it could be done. Today is more of the same with a bit of painting thrown in. All your things are beautiful by the way. I love the flowers you gave to Peggy.
Peg, what a daunting prospect, searching through DH's office. Makes me shudder just thinking about it. The flower really did make the bag.
Janet, Moms Rule!
April I was in Boston years ago and it was fun sightseeing then and your team winning, the icing on the cake.
Judy, it helps quite a bit to have a good working fridge.
Blessings all have a great day.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  08:57:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,your flower looks nice on that bag. I'm so glad you like it.

Cherime, Peggy purchased the flowers from my website. She is a wonderful supporter of farm girl crafts when she can. I want to put more flowers on my site. But I can't find a camera that makes the colors come out true. Red looks orange and purple looks blue. I have tried all different settings with my funky little point and shoot. I even tried my phone and iPad.

Sorry about all the hard cleaning you had to do. Hopefully you can get it all cleaned up nice again.

Janet, sounds like you are going to pay for all this working with some pain. Hope you can sit down when you need to. Take care...

Judy, sounds like it was high time for a new fridge. New ones are so nice and clean and white with everything working. It's good to enjoy the simple things.

Got all signed up for classes for fall. School starts September 24. I'm getting all my sewing done now because my sewing machine will get a vacation while I'm in school. At least this quarter won't be too bad. The next two after that will be killers. I usually take 4 classes but I have to take 5 classes the last two quarters. Stuff like business law, economics, my last accounting class, and a class called financial management that I heard is really hard. A lady my age that used to work in a bank in town said it was her only c grade. I just hope I can keep up.

Later all...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  09:24:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, porchy friends!
Julie, I received your teas today! You know which one I will try tonight. Really brightened this rainy (Yippee) morning. The seeds are such a wonderful surprise..I would have time to plant them this year..my garden is so scorched even with watering, I'm thinking of waiting until next year. Those seeds would be a treasure to try. Thank you! Also, loved your card...very original!

We had a busy July..several funerals, 2 weddings, 2 graduation party's to organize, DH had eye surgery and return trips, and DGS went off to basic training.

I'm planning one more grad celebration for this month. That should be fun! Then finish painting inside and outside of house "when it cools down."

Bunny, that flower you sent Peg is so pretty! I love your little quilts..the colors sure brightened my day!

Peggy, and the flower is purple..just right for you. Looks very cute on your purse. Hope you find your jewelry! I seem to have misplaced a lot of my jewelry over the years..then one of my gd of daughter will visit and will be wearing it...I give things away and forget. lol.
After a burglary many yrs ago, and having anything of monetary value taken..I guess I just don't care that much anymore. I was just thinking yesterday that I should clean out my jewelry box..its such a mess with little fingers going through it. BTW I posted the start for #8 Yo Yo swap. We always welcome new swappers. Don't we Peg?

April,, we almost made it to Boston this summer. DH was going to drive an Aunt there for her reunion. She flew instead. Bummer for us. I watched that Twins game on TV..didn't see you.lol. Glad to see them win though!

Judy, I know what you mean about a basic fridge. That's what we got last time. I haven't been sorry at all. Usually just the two of us anyway.

Well, friends I am trying to keep up with reading. Hurting days and fatique keep me from writing often. I hoping the weather will change that soon. Have a super weekend!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page