Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  1:54:23 PM  Show Profile
Julie, got your tea today. The seeds were a nice surprise. I just saw instructions on how to make seed tape for lettuce seeds with newspaper and flour glue. I think now I'll give it a try. I can make the seed tape now and have it all ready for next spring. Thank you!

Today it is hot. Heading up to 100 and higher tomorrow. Thank God for the basement.

Stay cool!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I got your card today. Thank so much!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  3:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I got your tea and seeds yesterday...forgot to tell you. I've never heard of that tea company. I just love tea swaps where we get things we've never had before. Such fun! That was so sweet of you to share your seeds with us. tytyty!
I got my frige today. They called and said they'd be 2 hours late, then they called an hour later and said they'd be here in 15 minutes. hahahaha I said,"Man, you must be movin' today." They were 2 young fellas. I felt sorry for them. It is 93 today. I apologized for only having fans and the one guy says,"we don't have a/c in the truck either.It's not as hot as that 100 degree week we had!" WHAT!!! I'm calling Lowe's headquarters and telling them that these boys work hard all day and they need to get on those truck repairs. Do you think they will be mad at the boys for telling me? Think i'll get them in trouble?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I must admit, I have not done anything on my blog since Dec. of last year. Just seems that when I get on the computer and read everything, I am just too tired to do anything else. I really am waiting for cooler weather to then maybe, catch up on things. I've got so many irons in the fire all the time. Bet it feels good to get a new fridge. A basic one is all that is needed, as long as the food stays cold and fresh, who needs all that fanciness anyway? The only thing is, now they make them to last around 5 years, the old ones lasted for decades!!!! Enjoy!!!
Netty, sorry to hear that you have to sell your sheep. All this heat and drought has hurt so many farmers, I just hate to see so many farms going out of business or losing so much because of the weather. It is so sad. I feel for you all.
Peggy, I hope you can find your jewelry right away without having to go through all those boxes. Ask hubby to help.
It is sprinkling out now, but it looks like the clouds are breaking up. I hope not, the humidity has been so bad and just a sprinkle of rain makes it worse!!!! Peggy, another rain dance please!!!!! It helped last time!! LOL!!!Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  8:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, I'm hoping that you'll be able to find a way to your jewelry! I can definitely sympathize the only two pairs of earrings thing. I only took two with me to North Carolina, and it wasn't as fun putting outfits together with only two pairs of earrings.
Janet, I'll rain dance for you! We're near drought conditions here!
Bunny, school for you starts a month and two days after I start. Lucky duck!
I hope that everyone is having great weekends! Tomorrow I'm going to church and then I'm spending the day with my neighbor who's visiting from Madiosn (about two hours away from where I live). Hopefully I'll get some driving in, I take my road test Monday! Have fabulous Sundays Porchies!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  01:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Wow, when Summer decided to arrive it came in with a bang.
Yesterday it was 87 and today 102. I call that HOT! At 10:30 tonight it was still 95 outside and right now at 12:30 it is 80 out.
We are blessed though because we had very little humidity. Only 14%.

Our car decided to die today. Not from the heat...but from too many miles and a bunch of various problems. I think we might buy our DIL's VW Bug instead of fixing a tired and worn out Buick. We shall see. I like the idea of the Bug because I am short and like small cars. But my husband is a big guy and 6ft. and I can't really seem him liking the Bug. He tends to like those big tanks to drive. LOL

April...hope you and your family are having a Boston Blast!

Cherime...Daunting is the right word! I couldn't even bring myself to go in there today. I am thinking I will wait until Monday, while he is at work. I am hoping that God is with me...and that
I find my stuff in the first few boxes I go through.

I thought the flower looked very cute on my jean bag too. Thanks!

Hope you made it through all the cleaning you guys had to do. NOT FUN!

Bunny...I think my phone camera takes better pictures than my point and shoot does. I never use anything but my phone camera anymore.
I am also glad that you got the card from me today. Now, I don't have to worry about it. *smile*

Julie...I hope my tea is on the way too. Since everyone is getting their's and I know you had to wait for my address. Sounds like you are sending seeds too. (how fun!)

Judith...hey girl, nice to have you on the Porch today. You sound busy girl. Don't wear yourself into bouts of pain from your fibro.

You know...if I didn't find my jewelry...(say it got lost in the move some how)...I would just figure...
"the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."
I have my Wedding Rings which is what I care about the most and 75% of my jewelry is costume anyway. But...I still have to search just incase. Like Megan said...it is just nice to have different necklaces and earrings to complete the look of your outfit. I like my bling...but I won't die with out it.

With my sister's recent death...I am just reminded afresh that we leave this World with nothing!

Lynette...Glad that you got some rain!
But so sad that you have to sell your Sheep.
I thinking all canned items look gorgeous all lined up in their Ball or Mason Jars. It makes you feel so proud of your hard work and then come fall and winter you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Judy...doesn't if feel great to get a new fridge. We got a new one, a few days after we moved in here and like you...it is just one of those simple basic fridges but it is soooooo clean and nice and keeps everything cold. The one that was in here was so disgusting....Yuck!
I think you should call Lowe's Headquarters and tell them they need to get A/C's in their trucks for their drivers. That is terrible! Poor guys!

Janet...you sound like me on my Blog. I am slow as molasses doing anything on there. In fact I have a book review that I need to get on there...but here it sets staring at me...from my THings To Do List.

Megan...so glad you are back!! I will be praying for you for your Road Test on Monday...just that you will be calm and confident and get your DL.
I can hardly believe it is almost time for school again. The Summer just flies by doesn't it?

Well, my Lovelies...I think I am ready to call it a Night and get some sleep.

Have a Great Sunday...looks like we will be doing Church at home...since the Car is In The Shop.

Sweet Dreams and Pleasant Rest,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  05:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I'm having my morning coffee and catching up on reading. Wow, everyone's been busy!

I'm enjoying my new job position. I feel alittle like a duck out of water still, but I'm sure I'll settle in soon enough.
I did have quite the scare thurs. night. I was driving home from Church camp, it was about mid-night and I was 1 hour from home. And a beautiful doe jumped right infront of me! It was a full moon that night and the deer were all over the place, so I was watching for them, but she came so quickly, all I could do was hold on and try not to flip my car (I was going about 70). Poor doe. My car was smashed up pretty good, but it's still driveable. I just paid the car off a few months ago, and dropped my insurance down to liablity only, so this is gonna cost me. The bigest thing to fix is the AC, it's to hot not to have AC! I'm abit body sore still, guess I tensed up too much! Oh well, it could of been worst.

Judy your snake pic was just to much, oh my!

Dianne I hope young Michael is doing better, poor thing. You spin! I'm a newbie, Just playing with a drop spindle right now, but I hope to advance into a wheel soon. I'd love to learn the process from the beginning, but for now I'll buy already carded fleece/cotton/alpaca. (don't know what I like best yet)

Julie I look forward to your Buff Pics! Ha

Bunny, WOW! Love the quilts and the flowers! very beautiful.

Peggyann you are too funny! and I hope you find all your stuff without the use of TNT!

I have more to say but, I've got to get going and get ready for church. I know God loves me the way I am, but I should probably not go to church in my PJs!

Love and Blessings to all and enjoy your day of rest! It's Sunday!!!!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  06:32:19 AM  Show Profile
Netty thank God you finally got some rain. The other day I was talking to a lady in customer service who was in NE and she was telling me how miserable it was there.
Bunny what might help is to see if you can scrape together any funds and maybe get a used Sony Sureshot DSC S75 mine is old but has a Zeiss lens and takes good pix. The only hang up is to make sure that you get at least 4ea 64meg memory sticks there are a couple of ones made that replace the original ones and I tested them. They work just fine. Part of the problem you may also have is lighting. There is a home made light box idea that I have made from really cheap materials that works well just a bit of work to get set up. You can't just run out and take pix. I am still learning to use the camera my self after all these years. My DH was the pix and vid bug. So I downloaded the manual and print off pages if I need to otherwise I pull it up on the computer and read what I need.
Sorry ladies to run off at the fingers on a subject that may be boring to the rest of you.
Still at the house. It is more than just cleaning, I spent most of my day in the bathroom replacing door trim and ceiling molding. Back at it again today. The young woman who is Mom to that family needs prayer. I hope to be able to talk with her today and reassure her that God adores her no matter what.
Blessings to all have a wonderful Sunday.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  12:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, this is my 1999 VW Bug that I bought in 2005, that Mama calls "Beetle-Baby." hahahaha I just love it, even in snow&ice. Handles great...AND, my 6' 3" 380# hubby fits in it with no problems. He just puts the seat all the way down and back. It dwarfs him!LOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 05 2012 12:32:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  1:13:57 PM  Show Profile
We are having rain/clouds/87! We had thunder sorms early thismorning, it was still dark. Glad for the rain. I feel so bad for all the farmers who are having so much weather-related trouble. I too wonder what God has in mind thru all this.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  10:19:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Oh Miss Peggy, that is much much much too hot to be bearable! Goodness! And I hope that your car will be fixed nice and fast. I can't imagine being your husband in a bug! Small lol is in order!
Judy, what a cute car! I'd love having a bug if I knew how to drive stick shift.
Shanda, that sounds like quite a scare! And I sypmathize with the need for a/c! I feel like this summer has been warm all around.
Today after church I was able to spend the day with my neighbor who's visiting. Her and I ended up going with both of our moms to the Wisconsin State Fair, which was a blast! We danced, ate, and just had fun. It was a great time, and if anyone's ever in Wisconsin while it's going on, I recommend going for sure.
My road test is tomorrow, which I'm nervous about but hopefully will go well! I hope everyone has great Mondays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  09:00:02 AM  Show Profile
hey y'all, popping in again after another hiatas! It's been really busy at work, lately... we've been short staffed and needing even MORE help as we're running loan promotions that everyone seems to be taking advantage of.

Luckily, one of our tellers who had been off on Maternity leave came back today. I'm so happy to see her! She's a wonderful woman, and really one of my closest friends, though we rarely spend time together outside of work. She started working for my branch about a month before my Daddy died... I barely knew her at that time, but will never forget that, when the emails had gone out that my father had a heart attack and it did not look good, Anita approached me one day, threw her arms around me and told me that I was in her prayers. Her family is still in India, and I can not imagine the worry she goes through, with her parents getting older and her father in poor health. It meant a lot, and we became friends through that gesture of kindness. She will be my third bridesmaid!

Speaking of the wedding, Josh and I may have found a venue! When I have a chance (looks like it will be next month, the way August is turning out!) we'll go take a look at it. It's down in a town called Lockhart, so it's going to be a bit of a drive, but it's the place I'd previously mentioned where the Plum Creek Shooting Society meets. The man who owns the ranch, Chuck, said that normally it's 4500 to rent the place, and that he supplies tables and chairs, but believes it's OUR wedding and that they'll do as much or as little to help us out as needed. I told him my budget and he said "For you, I'll work with you". It sounds to me as if he might have remembered my Daddy, and was glad that I had enough good memories to want to come back.

The seedlings are doing really well, though I did not have a chance this weekend to plant them. My lima bean is up to 5 inches now, and the green bean is right behind it. The other seedlings I started before are just starting to sprout, so I may be moving them up to the jars over the window once I plant the seedlings.

Well, y'all... not much news right now. Josh finished getting the pictures hung in the living room, and I almost finished cleaning the kitchen. I've almost got it organized the way I want it, though a couple of things still seem a bit out of whack to me. This coming weekend, we're planning on finishing setting up the two spare rooms... the guest room and my sewing room. Once that's done, I'm hoping I'll have time and energy to get back to working on wedding stuff!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll try to check in again soon!!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  10:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies,
Been a wial, Its been realy buizy around here with the hubbies new Position, long days, 6 days a week. Ive started Zumba and Yoga, Im enjoying it. My garden isnt doing very well with the heat, no rain an the deere eating my Corn an Beans. I so want to have a deere season come early. lol.
I love the teas ive been getting. I enjoy getting them in the mail. So whats my porchies up to been missing the convo an its hard to play catch up.LOL . Glad to be back

FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/neeneec/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  3:29:39 PM  Show Profile
Megan, Beetle's are automatic now. If it weren't, I wouldn't be able to drive one! *giggle*
Enjoying another (cooler)day/81/sunny. Spose to be like this all week and 70's on the weekend. YES!!!! LOL
Whittney, I'm all for getting those deer that are eating your garden. Nasty buggers! teehee
Have a great evening Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Little Sparrow
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Shellee
Thornville Ohio
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  3:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies....Newbie here. Just wanted to join in and thought this would be a good start. Me and my husband just bought a small 150 year old house with barn on 10.2 acres. Planning on growing organic (of course) and have chickens. Hubby will retire in about 2 years and I plan on being home. Lots to do to the house besides paint. So when taking a break, thought I'd check in and enjoy a chat.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Cherokee Proverb
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  4:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Well welcome. It is so fun and enjoyable to read and chat on the posts. I have learned so much in the nine months I have been a member. You sound like you have much to keep you inspired and busy. How great to be able to "make your life". No doubt there will be days and nights of so tired! But it is the good kind of tired filled with satisfaction and contentment.
Yeah for you!
Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2012 :  8:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Judy, little lol! Eventually I'll learn how to drive stick!
Miranda, seems like you've been a busy bee! I'm glad you got your work friend back. Most of the time it's the people who make things like school and work much more enjoyable.
Whitney, glad to see you back on here!
Welcome to all of our new Porchies!
Well, I passed my road test! I'm now a licensed driver in the state of Wisconsin! I can't actually drive by myself until my Mom puts me on her insurance, so it'll be about a week, week and a half, but I passed my road test with flying colors, so that's out of the way! Now on Wednesday I have a surgery to remove my bottom wisdom teeth. Nothing major, no frets needed! All of the big things I need to get done before school are getting done this week! I hope everyone has great Tuesdays! I know I will, I'll be back at the Wisconsin State Fair!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  12:37:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi All My Beautiful Porchies...

Welcome to our Newbie Ms. Little Sparrow (maybe you could share your real name with us. *smile*)
The Porch is a great place to come hang-out and be blessed.

Hey Whitney and Annie...welcome back. Don't stay gone soooooo long, we miss you!

Judy...that is the EXACT car and Color we are buying from our DIL only hers is a 2005. And yes, it is
an automatic not a stick. Though both hubby and I can drive stick...we prefer it the easy way...the
Older we get. LOL We should have it by the end of the week. I was glad to hear that your 6ft 2 man was able to feel comfortable in it. My husband has always had big cars and usually Buicks...so this will be
a real change for him. Have to admit that this newer Bug is much much roomier than the first Beetles were.

I have been so tired each night...I have just been zoning in front of the TV watching the Olympics and
knitting...and then going to bed. I need to get back on all my vitamins and then I am sure I will start
feeling a little more "zip in my hip". LOL Actually I started walking the dog every morning, we have a long walk for cooler days and a short walk for hotter days...but it has kicked up the pain in my feet again from my Fibro and arthritis. So, even on the hot days I have to make myself wear my tennis shoes and arch supports and still by mid-afternoon I can barely walk. You know girls...getting OLD sucks! You try to do one healthy thing for yourself and four other body parts fall-apart on you. Not Fair! *giggle*&*groan*

Miss Megan...congrats honey on your drivers license. I knew you would ace it! Just be careful (so you
won't give your mama gray hairs...and no cell phones or texting!!!!)There was a 20 yr old in our State today, who was texting and hit a fence with his car and a board from the fence went through his windshield. PTL...he wasn't killed but he did
go to the hospital with glass in his face. I hope he learned a valuable lesson on top of it.

Miranda...good to have you back on the Porch. Sounds like your seedlings are doing great! And that
the Wedding Plans are continuing to move forward....nicely. It is nice that your friend came back to
work too. Sure makes the days go by faster when you have a good friend working along side you...that
you enjoy.

OK...this is short and sweet but, I have no more energy in my reserve tank. I have used it all up over
the past few weeks.

Bunny...I heard that you guys were 103 today in the Dalles. Hope you hid in the basement all day.

Sweet Dreams Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 07 2012 12:45:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  10:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchie friends!

I've been away/without a computer for a few weeks now, but I'm back! Still wants to act stupid sometimes...but oh well. I'm on "holidays" this week - haha! I'm cleaning (as in deep cleaning) everything! I'm cleaning the carpets - wish I could have done it before I moved in but the weather wouldn't cooperate :( so I'm doing it now. (So far, they are much cleaner than the carpet downstairs - thank goodness!) I haven't started the walls yet, just because I'm not sure I can reach the top even if I stand on a chair....so I'm not going to do it to have 6 inches or more that isn't washed! (And I'm thinking that they haven't been washed in a long time, so you'd probably be able to tell :s). I hauled everything out of my room, organized it section by section & now my living room is a disaster. I have a pile to donate to .... somewhere lol. I have a big basket of mending/fixing & my craft pile is pretty huge. But hauling the boxes out of the closet felt pretty empty...so I'm thinking it's all out here. I so wish I had a place to put my boxes. I want a pretty room & mine so isn't! If my carpet isn't dry tonight, I think I'll be sleeping on the couch lol.

Welcome to the new people, and hi to everyone else :). I miss getting on here...but I think to keep myself motivated, I'll have to come online for a bit during the day. It's a big job to clean & organize everything by yourself! All you girls who moved know that, eh? Well, I better go & find some lunch - oh, that may have to wait since I can't get through to the kitchen! Not really hungry quite yet anyhow....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  12:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Pam, welcome back!!! I know what you mean about cleaning. I just finished the kitchen, bathroom and diningroom. Smells so good now. Tomorrow is shampooing the bedroom and livingroom carpet. I did 5 loads of throw rugs and have them hanging outside. Now I am beat. What to have for supper!!! LOL!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  3:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ladies!

I don't have much time right now but I wanted to stop by and say hi. Peggy, I sent your tea out today, so you should see by Saturday. I only have time to stop at the post office once a week. Our weather is hot, with a partly chance hot of hot and thunderhots of hot. If nothing changes I think I'll change my post mark to Sahara Desert. I have 1 rosemary plant, 1 tomato plant, 2 okra plants, and 4 sweet potato plants. I haven't had any more time to work on the new garden. God has been answering some of my prayers and my part of the bargain is to work with the answers so I can't be on the computer as much. One prayer was to find time to read all the things for church that I need to be reading. I looked up the site online and behold I can listen to it all...on my phone...on the go! So there's all the time I was praying to find. My DH is becoming more involved, too, which is something else I was praying for. One of my biggest obstacles is having my foot er face too much in Facebook. So I have resolved to get myself out of that, for the most part. Don't worry girls, I'm not giving up this site, but will have to cut back my visits to the porch to once or twice a week. My last accomplishment was making a sitting room. Yep, a genuine sitting room. DH and I will move one of the couches in tonight. It's just our extra bedroom. I've kept the desk and we've put our computers in here. We'll move one of our book shelves and a small t.v. in soon. DD is all ready for school. She got her hair cut today. So cute. I am ready for Fall. I'll read back a few pages and catch up with you in a few days.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  4:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Just hopping in to say hi all and welcome to the newbie. You will just love it here.
Been busy and ran out of steam just like PeggyAnn said and I have been taking my vitamins. Babysat 2 nephies the last 2 days, I'm tired now.
Got my tea Julie, thanks so much, such a cute card!
Well, hubby is in the garden picking some tomatoes, so better join him.. later.. hugs n prayers..and smiles :):):)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2012 :  9:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies!
Miss Peggy, I hope that you find some pain relief! It does not sound like a good time right now:( Is there maybe something like icy hot for feet? Or maybe compression socks would help? And thanks for the congrats, I'm very excited to finally be a licensed driver!
Pam, welcome back! I hope that everything works out with getting settled and getting everything cleaned up in your house.
Julie, sounds like things are going well for you! What grade is your DD going into? It's crazy how fast this summer has gone. Please visit the porch more often!
Today was a great day! Three of my friends and I spent the entire day at the State Fair. We pretty much did everything the fair could offer! But alas, tomorrow I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed, so it'll be a little bit harder of a day. I hope everyone has great Wednesdays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  12:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Very Early Morning (12:30 am) My Porchies....

This morning while I took Mr. Snickers for his walk (or rather he took me for my run)lol it was misting out like at the Beach. It was so lovely after the HOT weather that both of us really enjoyed the change. We even did the long walk through the Beach Mist.

Pam...welcome back girl. Sounds like you have undertaken some major cleaning. Not too much fun, I'm sure but you will feel better once you have gotten everything you wanted done accomplished.

Janet..You are another busy little beaver aren't you? Believe it or not...even though I just moved into this Apartment and they cleaned the carpets...I still want to clean them...because when the place is closed up and I come in from shopping it smells like cats. So I want to reclean the carpet...my son gets this pet ensyme from Fred Meyers, I think and it smells like Mango's...so much nicer than cat smell....so, I want to put a bottle of that in the Carpet Cleaner. My son owns his own carpet cleaner...and will even do it for me...so, I can hardly pass that offer up.

Julie...I am with you about being on Facebook too much. I use to do that too...but decided it was too time consuming and that I would use MJF for my Social Networking...I can control it better than I could Facebook or Twitter.
Glad to hear my tea went out in the mail...I have hardly gotten any Farmgirl Mail since we moved...so, just having something fun in my mailbox here...will be great!

Patsy...so glad that you stopped by girl! You do sound like you have been busy too. It is amazing how kids can wear us down even while keeping us younger. LOL

Oh, I wish you lived close...I would walk over and borrow a bowl of tomatoes from you. Hee Hee!
A bit better than a cup of sugar!!! I want some BLT's so badly...but I don't want store bought tomatoes...I want fresh from the vine, sun-warmed (sun kissed) fruit.

Megan...going to The Fair sounds like fun.
However...getting your Widom Teeth Extracted...NOT SO MUCH! Been there, done that...glad they don't grow back. I had all of mine done at once in my mid-twenties. I just remember spending the weekend in bed with pain killers. I sent my 3 yr. old to his Grandparents for the Weekend...so I could actually get some rest and he could still have fun.

Well Ladies...I started a new Swap today (Over on the Swaps Forum) to do a Photo Swap again. We haven't done one for a long time...and I think it is fun to be able to put faces with names. So, go over there and sign up and lets have some more MJF Fun.

Ready for LaLa Land...Night Girlies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 08 2012 12:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2012 :  05:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Oh! The photo swap! That was one of my favorites! So glad you've started it back up!

We are back from Boston and it was a whirlwind trip, but so much fun! We did the freedom trail and saw a baseball game and visited some relatives. Glad to be home now. I'm exhausted! :)

The temps are cooling down hear in the evenings and mornings which is such a relief. I have to plant a perennial this morning while it's still cool.

Well ladies, I'm off to the chiropractor !

Hugs,
April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page