Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  6:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Nice swap, Shanda. Nice fall colors. It is fall here today, cold enough to wear jackets. I had to close the windows. It was only 69 and very windy today, been in the low 40s at night. Heard a flock of geese fly over the house this morning, that is a sign that autumn is in the air. Last week we were dying in the heat, now we need to put away our summer clothes and dig out the long pants. I really do not want to see summer end yet, but sure looks like it will be very soon.
Peggy, what a nice looking car you got there. And more great pictures.
Judy, hope your back feels better and you get a good night's sleep tonight.
Oh, I want to address everyone, but am so tired tonight. I worked today and it was so busy, made the day go by fast, but hard when I am on my feet all day. Hope to catch up with all of you this weekend.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  8:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Janet, I actually am in the process of getting a job at one of the local grocery stores! Someone from the store is supposed to call me tomorrow to set up an interview, so fingers are crossed right now! Glad that your weather is getting cooler, we're getting cooler here now too! If only there were rain, then it'd be perfect.
Peggy, what great pictures! I always love when farmgirls share photography.
Miranda, you'll be in my prayers during the trial and testifying process.
Julie, once I get more comfortable with normal driving, I'd love to learn stick! And I'm glad you didn't run into skimpy clothing when shopping for your DD. Sometimes my Mom and I are walking through the stores and we can't believe some of the things that are meant for little girls!
Bunny, what a great picture!
Welcome to our new porchies! Definitely always enough room for more!
Today was definitely more productive than yesterday! Last night my friend and I had a sleepover, which is always fun! Probably the last one before school starts. Rugby starts on Tuesday, then a week and a day after school! Summer has gone too fast for my comfort:( But with school comes winter, and I like winter! I hope everyone has great Saturdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  12:31:45 AM  Show Profile
My Porchies...we were all very gabby today...I LOVE The Porch when every one is on here sharing!!! So much fun!

I am really tired tonight...so I am going to comment like Judy does...with one line for each person. She is so good at it and I am so not...so let's see if I can make it work for me.

Dianne...had I bought the car off a lot...I would have gone for a Red one.

Miss Miranda...maybe you should call your dog Trainwreck. ha ha He seems to let his engine control his behaviour. Don't they all?

Patsy...I did get to go buy my chair today. It will be delivered tomorrow.
I am so excited!!!

Bunny...Wow, that picture is sooooo cool! Gosh girl you are talented!!! You should have no problem selling those.

Judy...Sorry girlie about your back! Yes, my Beattle Bug has a sun/moon roof. Love it!

Shanda...pretty fall colors! I know the orange color was due to the baby tiger at the zoo. I opted out this month due to my move...but I love doing that Swap.

Janet...I can't believe you are getting fall weather. We are going to have another week of 90's to 100's. But I have A/C so that's OK by me.

Megan...praying for your job opportunity. You will need that to help with everything not so fun about driving...gas, insurance, tires, repairs...etc. Keep us posted.

Tired again tonight.
My plans to go see my Grand-daughters for a week got changed tonight. My ex-husband decided he was going to fly in that same week from Chicago and he had already bought his ticket. My son teasingly said, "Well if you both come the same week, you will have to share the Futon." Funny child...I birthed! LOL

oops...see, Judy I'm NOT! ha ha! I am way too wordy!

good nite girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2012 1:46:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  06:24:20 AM  Show Profile
Goodmorning Ladies- just have a little free time before breakfast to say hello! I guess those storms had other agendas.....looks like they've gone elsewhere....hope those that needed rain have gotten some...loved going back and looking at pics and stories......

Miranda-my husband was mugged back in the 70's and they hit him over the head with a shotgun barrel, and when they saw he was still alive hit him again! He's in his 60's now and we're going through some counseling now....so it's good to get that out of the way, instead of waiting for 40 years! Dealing with it, going through the judicial process, counseling never hurts-even if you think you're fine, just talking to someone about the experience is healing....and it is a traumatic experience to have to go through and to work through it now instead of dealing with Post traumatic stress later is a great thing! Because you think, I'm fine, I don't need counseling but when another traumatic event takes place in your life all the bottled up trauma comes oozing out also! So be good to yourself, and work through it all now....and in the process others will be helped along the way also...and even the criminals themselves, may somewhere inside realize that their actions hurt someone! God has a way where there seems to be no way! you go girl!
Well, that's enough on that subject...enjoy this beautiful day! The sun is shining bright over our coastal land and I think we may need to take a little walk on the beach after breakfast! I'm leaving some breakfast tea and mango/pineapple scones here on the porch if anyone's interested!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  06:38:34 AM  Show Profile
Pineapple mango Scone
mango, dried pineapple, and cream of coconut are the secret ingredients, if you use fresh pineapple or canned,just use less liquids below...
For a special treat, serve them with pineapple preserves,
guava jam, or lemon curd.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutesIngredients:
•2 - 2 1/4 cups flour
•1/4 cup light brown sugar
•1 tablespoon baking powder
•1 teaspoon salt
•6 tablespoons cold butter
•1/4 cup cream of coconut
•1/4 cup whipping cream
•1 egg
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•1/3 cup finely chopped dried sweetened pineapple
•1/3 cup mango
•1 tablespoon cream or milk
•2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut(you can omit this if you want)
•2 tablespoons brown sugar
•______
•For the Glaze:
•5 tablespoons passionfruit pulp/juice (or substitute orange-mango juice)
•1 tablespoons melted butter
•1 tablespoon lime juice
•1 cup powdered sugar
Preparation:

1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2.Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
3.Cut the butter into the flour mixture, using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, until the butter is in pea-size pieces.
4.Whisk together the egg, cream of coconut, cream, and vanilla, and gently stir into flour/butter mixture until just mixed.
5.Knead dough lightly in the bowl, until it just starts to come together. If it is very dry and shaggy, add another tablespoon of cream.
6.Turn dough out of the bowl, and knead two or three times until it is just mixed and holds together, while folding in the mangoes and the dried pineapple at the same time.
7.Pat dough into a circle or rectangle. Cut 8 scones (squares, triangles, wedges... whichever shape you prefer). Place scones on a baking sheet.
8.Mix the 2 tablespoons coconut with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Brush tops of scones with cream, and sprinkle with the coconut/sugar mixture.
9.Place scones in the oven and lower temperature to 400. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until scones are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing them to a rack.
10.Make the glaze: Whisk all of the ingredients together. If icing is too runny, add more powdered sugar. If it is too stiff to drizzle over the scones, add more passionfruit juice.
11.Drizzle icing evenly over scones.
Makes 8 scones.

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  06:45:53 AM  Show Profile
That recipe was a Marion Blazes recipe with a Monicarose tweak!

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  10:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Oh Shanda, such pretty fallish orange. I likey, of course I'm all for earthy colors. :) is that a chocolate bar?? mmmmm

Just made my first BLT and it was so good and I did a whole pound of bacon, so I made ya'll some too, help yerselves...got some iced tea here to wash it down. :)

Well, hubby fixed my 2 rain barrels, but it hasn't rained to test them out. sigh..

Bunny: love that cat manip! very neat idea, yer good!

First school buses ran on Thursday, can't belive school started!

ok, back to the romas..later...hugs...prayers...smiles :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Aug 11 2012 10:15:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  2:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm busy making cherry stuff today. First I had to wash them (which I did last night & just stuck them in the fridge), then pit the darn things. Not my idea of fun! lol I tried a few different ways then decided that the easiest way was just to cut them in half, then the side with the pit, I cut in half again. Probably more work, but it did work for me. Now I have a whole bunch of cherries to do something with...oh my. I think I'm going to have to buy more jars! And it's all going in the freezer (I don't have a canner, I don't have any shelf space or anywhere to store them, and I'm not attempting canning by myself lol). I've started the Spiced Cherry Jam, I'm going to try the
Black Cherry Espresso Jam, and maybe some cherry salsa. With all of the pits, I decided to try some cherry pit vinegar. I'm hoping they all turn out & actually work for me :). So that's been my day. Thankful I have the cherries all pitted now lol, that's the only bad part of it all . Will check back in later & let you all know how it went! lol

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Pam, sounds like some interesting recipes with cherries. I have wanted to go to Wisconsin and pick cherries, but then this year their crops were so small, so decided not to. Maybe next year. They cost too much in the store to but to can.
Nettie, Hope you found the time to get your grape jelly made. Seems so many of us are busy canning and making jams and jellies, etc. I have not done any canning yet, but will, along with dehydrating more and getting my shelves stocked for the winter. So much to do, not much energy to do it!! LOL!!!
Patsy, I am on my way to the kitchen to make me some tomato sandwiches. My very favorite. I love this time of the year when everything is so fresh!!!
Monica, the scone recipe sounds so delicious, but looks like alot of work.
Peggy, I hope you are enjoying your new red chair!!!!! You probably won't want to leave it now!!! Glad you are able to get out and do some walking. Good exercise.
Megan, Good luck on getting that job. That would be so good for you.
Well gals, I am hungry, so off to the kitchen for my tomato sandwiches!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2012 :  7:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, thanks for the prayers! Even after insurance and gas, I'd love to have some money to put away for college! And I'm sorry about your plans getting derailed. I got excited for a minute about maybe seeing pictures of your dear grandbabies! I hope you see them soon though.
Monica, hoping it's a good thing that those storms had other thoughts. I'd love some rain over here! We had some the other day, but not enough to get our grass back to normal.
Patsy, I can't believe school started near you already! Like I've said basically everyday, summer went by too fast!
Pam, looking forward to hearing how your day of cherries went!
Jan, thanks for the wish of luck! I would love having a job, and it'd be great experience!
Speaking of my job, I scheduled my interview today! I go in on Monday for a face-to-face interview, so hopefully that goes well. It'll be my very first interview! Today was just an all around productive day. I was able to go for a run, I got a bunch of crocheting done, and I got chores done that needed to be done. Just a great day! Hopefully tomorrow will equally as productive. Wishing everyone super Sundays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  12:38:31 AM  Show Profile

Well my porchies...here is my New Red Cadillac of Recliners! I have been in it more than out of it
all day today!! It is a Manwah Recliner with a Life Time Warranty. The Leather is so soft and subble.
I even took a nap in it today.

Janet...you are so right, I probably won't ever want to get up and do any work. LOL

Pam...if you are just freezing your Cherries why are you using jars...just use Freezer Bags! Much Cheaper.
It does sound like you have some good recipes to try out with those cherries. Let us know how they turn
out.

Lynette...Like I said, I would have prefered Red For my Bug Color but hey with the deal my DIL made us
I would buy it if it was grunge orange. LOL

We got our other car broken into last night. Infact my husband heard them hit the horn (extremely sensitive horn) about 4:00 am. They were obviously just looking for money in the car or phones and laptops etc. Something to turn into quick cash for drugs most likely. Glad it was the old car instead
of the new one. The really strange thing was...that our son called us last night about midnight and
they had been over to a Restaurant in Portland and when they got back to the BMW (new) someone had
busted out his window and then either someone came along just then and they were frightened away or
the son and girlfriend were seen coming back. But he had his Iphone and checkbook in there (so not smart)
but luckily they didn't have time to get those things out of the car. So, today he got to take his car
in and get it fixed to the tune of $1,000...which his Insurance will cover but they will probably raise
his rates. It's times like that when I am happy we drive an older car. They (the car thieves) would
have done us a favor if they stole the entire car. LOL

Megan...praying you get the job! I bet even though summer went by fast you are already getting twitchy
for school to start, am I right? (+:

I hope our other gals who are moving like Nan and Teacher Tammy and RFM Tammy...are all busy as
beavers transitioning...and that's why we aren't hearing from them.

Monica...thanks for the Scones and the wonderful Scone Recipe. Sounds really yummy!

I journaled a conversation to my little sister again today. The really great thing about journaling to
her...is she can never argue with me about anything. LOL No, really it is helping me to journal to
her when I am missing her so much. Very theraputic!

Well, not much more going on in our lives. So, more chit chat tomorrow.

Night Girlies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  06:08:08 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, that was a great idea to journal to your sister. I am sure it is a good feeling to do when you are missing her. Your chair is so nice looking. Looks very comfortable. Enjoy your leisure time in it. Glad it was the older car that got broken into. We have so much of that going on here, even in broad daylight. People are so desperate for drug money, they will do anything to get a fix. Very sad.
Our state fair starts tomorrow evening. It is in our town here. I do not enter anything, but do like looking at all the exhibits. We probably won't go until the weekend, if we go at all. We will see what the weather is like.
Been cold at night, hitting record lows. What a change in weather from last week!!!!! It does feel good though, to be cooler, except all the wasps that are flying around. Not only yellow and black ones, but there are white and black ones that are huge!!! I have never seen those kind before. Our lawn is full of acorns. The squirrels better get busy and get them beofre I decide to rake them up!!! LOL!!!
Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  09:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
internet keeps going out so don't know if i can get this posted or not. no storms, bright sun, go figure.
got a total of 13 pints of romas bagged and in the freezer yesterday, so was productive day for me too.

Megan: sure hope your interview goes well. rooting for ya, gal.

Peggy: that has to be the most comfiest (is that a word?) looking chair! I'd take a nap too. :)

Janet: I'm with you on the scone recipe, a lot of work. I slept so good last night since the temp went down to 57, soooo nice!
I hate bees, esp. since I've noticed these really big yellow/black ones with orange heads, asian hornets and they fly around at night! hubby used a whole can of hornet/wasp spray and they are still there! they just tore out the part of the paper nest he got wet and rebuilt! really w e i r d. think i will have to get hold of a honey bee guy near us and see if he can get them exterminated cause they decapitate honey bees and use their larvae to feed their own larvae!

well, gonna go get another BLT, tasted pretty good yesterday, enjoy your day! hugs..prayers..smiles :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  11:07:56 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...OK, girl bring some BLT's to The Porch...you are making my mouth water. I want one so
badly I am salavating all over my 'puter (as your sister calls it). LOL

Janet and Patsy...I do not like yellow jackets at all and these other bee life sound even worse.
NOT something I want to see around here. So, don't share!

I got up and took Snickers for his morning walk...he actually woke me up to remind me it
was time to go. He is such a character! I think he really just wants to go chase the silly
Squirrels. I am surprised that either one of my arms are still in their sockets...he pulls
so hard every time he sees one. LOL

It is suppose to be a warm day...didn't go to Church this morning...because my DH doesn't
like to hear guest speakers...he just really likes our Pastor, and it drives me pretty nuts
because he can't just sit and enjoy some one new...he has to compare them all the time. It
just doesn't make it pleasant for me. What is it with old people that we just get so set in
our ways?????

Youngest Son and Fiance are going to come take me to The Old Grist Mill with them today. That
will be fun. It is so pretty there. I usually go every Fall so we are a bit early but should
be enjoyable non the less.

More Later Girls...have a Lovely Day!

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  11:12:31 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, what is about men leaving stuff like that in the car. My son does that too. He needs a man purse. I bought my youngest a military style messenger bad for just that reason. He was forever losing his things. Plus his butt would call me all the time.

Enjoy your new chair. Looks wonderful. I can't have leather with all my kitties.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2012 :  10:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, beautiful dish cloth, nice and bright!....and chocolate too....wow! *giggle*
We had cool winds yesterday too with a high of 65. Amazing after all that heat. I slept great last night. I think the walk I took around the neighborhood helped my back too. Sometimes a little exercise is just what the Dr. ordered. hahaha Today was up to 80, but was breezy so not too bad. It feels a little humid tonight though. Last night I didn't need a fan. Tonight I do. Go figure. *sigh*
Pam, love the jam recipes you posted. Spiced cherry and cherry expresso sound super. And whodathunk of using the pits to make a vinegar. Gotta love that. No waste at all!
Peg, What's going on up there? People breaking into cars left&right....very strange!
Loved your chair pics. Looks so ~squishy~ and snuggly.I'm a big (red) fan too. My last 2 vehicles were red. Such a cheery color.But the silver doesn't show much dirt at all and when it's waxed it really glows. *giggle*
Hey Megan, you go girl, go get that job. hahaha
Well, it's late, got a chiro. appt. in the morning....better get some shut-eye.
Nite Gals! *yawn*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  12:06:56 AM  Show Profile

This is the 1876 Grist Mill the kids and I visited today (Sadie had never been there
before but Shane and I have many times)

This is an Old Covered Bridge at the Mill

This is my youngest son Shane and Fiance' Sadie. Shane was going to get a hair cut when we
finished at the Mill...so he probably wouldn't like me showing this picture...but they still
look cute together.

We were very fortunate that we hit the mill at the exact time that they were grinding white and
wheat flour and also cornmeal. We each got a bag of each for free. They just ask for a donation
when you leave. It was a hot day today...but under all the trees and the waterfalls by the
Mill it was really pretty and comfortable. We had a lovely time.

Bunny...I like your man purse idea. Don't know if my son would use one or not...but he needs one. LOL

Netty...how come Tiffany had to move back home? I think I had each one of my sons come home for a couple
months each (at different times) when they needed temporary digs while looking for new roommates and
that sort of thing. Always glad it was just for a short time. Once they got on their own...I liked the
friendship we developed...when they moved back home...it seemed like parent/child all over again.

Judy...we were in the high 90's today and all this week is suppose to be hot. Thurs. and Friday
suppose to be back up in the triple digits. I will probably stay in my A/C Appartment and not
venture out too much. I don't even bother putting make-up on when it gets that hot...as it just
feels like it is sliding off my face. LOL
Car prowlers are very everyday up here and when people get arrested for it...they spend one night in
jail, get a slap on the hands and they are back out on the streets repeating their offense. It is
really frustrating...police won't even come investigate. And you can't call 911 because it isn't
considered an emergency and they scold you for calling IF you do. It is crazy...but we have a high
meth and heroin problem up here and they will steel the fillings out of your teeth if they think
they can get money for them. LOl Very sad and bad!

Well, I am off to read for a bit. I watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. It wasn't the
best I have ever seen but it was OK.

More chitter chatter tomorrow girlies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 13 2012 12:12:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  04:57:44 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies!

We've had a busy weekend with my FIL's surprise 75th birthday party, a farmgirl meeting and going to an Il Volo concert last night. I'm pretty wiped out this morning, but my dumb nose was so stuffed I had to get up to breathe!

We have county fair this week and I have to help my kiddos with the last minute preparations for their entries. This is their first year in 4-H. It's been fun so far and I'm reliving all my memories from when I was in it during all the different events we go to.

My parents are coming up to visit this week, so I'll be getting the guest room/craft room all gussied up for them in the next couple of days.

Lots to do. I won't be canning anything this week. Maybe some tomatoes next week.

Have a great day girlies!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  10:29:13 AM  Show Profile
Well girls, today is Ric's first day at Sony--so excited! Plus, on the 27th, I get my replacement tooth.

Now if I can just make it through the migraine? I am tempted to write, "Alyce's head goes boom" on the calendar at work as a warning!

It sounds like everyone's been so busy! All the recipes make me more determined than ever to take up canning (especially now that I know it can be done with coffee).

I hope you gals are staying cool!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  11:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello my dear girls,
I have so missed you. We are officially moved to new house but do not get phone and internet until tomorrow...I have been unconnected for a week and having withdrawals. I am at school getting ready for my butterflies. I love my new house we have had a rough week of moving, my sons and brotherinlaw were in an accident, and finally we will be closing on our sold house on Wednesday..praise the Lord I will only have one house to take care of.

I just wanted to pop in and let you know I am here and can't wait to be back in my rocking chair with my tea and sharing life with yall.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  12:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I loved my VW Rabbits. Easy on fuel and dependable. Enjoy that new chair. Great pix at the mill.
Julie, I like that one on satan, I will surely remind him of his comeuppance.
Megan, hope the job comes through, and congrats on the license to roll.
Pam, carpets are a pain in one way but easier to keep clean than naked OSB. ;>)
Miranda kudos to Josh for being such a help.
Bunny, great stuff!!! Not sure about the LDS not helping your mom. My sister is LDS and lives in Eastern Oregon. The church kept her in meals the whole time she was recuperating from having a leg removed after a vehicle accident. She may not have that correct.
Monica God really can fix things that look unfixable. My stepson was beaten to death in Portland OR and my DH forgave him because he said he would go crazy if he didn’t. Shortly before my DH died the mom of my stepson told him that the young man responsible for the deed had turned to the Lord in prison and told her how very sorry he was for all the pain he had caused. It did not bring Robert back but it did heal some tender wounds.

Finally finished with the cleaning, painting and repairing of DD and DSIL’s old home which they rented to a friend. Wore me out. I love my DSIL but he does not handle stress well. But I had my Ipod loaded with a bunch of teachings on Biblical stuff so turned it up a notch and ignored the anxiety coming out of the mouth problems.

My DGD is going to move into the room next to her Godmother. Good. I will get her moved on Wed. She wants a dog and after thinking about it, it may be for the best. She needs companionship and a dog is much better than some males I can think of.

I however, need a bit of a rest. Between the kids and all that I really need to get done for my self before winter sets in, I am feeling like I have a case of the slows. I plan to take next weekend off and rest. I just might read all weekend.

Blessings all. Back to the salt mine.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  8:38:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, Netty, Judy, and Cherime, and whoever else wished me luck, thank you very much! I think the interview went very well, and hopefully when they call me in the next week it'll be to offer me the job!
Peggy, those pictures look like a fun time! Glad you were able to have good times with your family!
Teacher Tammy, yay for you posting! We do hope you'll be back on more often. I hope with school starting and all that you'll be able to come on and share stories of your blossoming butterflies.
The past two days have been really great for me! Yesterday after church I was able to visit with some grade school friends for a bit. Then my entire dad's side went to my cousin's last baseball game, and we had a family Sunday with dinner included, which is always fun. But my day was not over! I went over to my neighbor's house and we visited for a while. We watched the movie One for the Money, which was pretty good and is based off of a book series. Today after my interview I was able to hang out with a few grade school friends for the day, and it really was great. Good to get done before rugby starts tomorrow! As of tomorrow, school owns my life! I hope everyone has wonderful Tuesdays!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  12:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...
another nice warm day here and preparing to heat up in to the 100's.

April...hope you all have fun at the County Fair. Ours is over...and I didn't go. My husband and son don't enjoy them...so, I need to find some girlfriends to go with.
Hope your kiddos do well with their 4-H Projects.

Netty...Well good for Tiffany moving back to where she has family and friends to support her. I would have been mad at my sister if she left me alone where I knew no one. I am glad to hear that she got her old job back with a raise...how cool is that?
Yummy...grape jelly is my second favorite addition to toast. Strawberry is my first. Let us know how it all turns out sense it was your first time to make the grape.
About the Old Mills still left in this Country (including ours) most are just used as Teaching Mills. Taking the average public in and showing them how things use to be done and then grinding some grain to let them take home and enjoy. I am so glad that we have one close by because it really is so cool to visit. It is like stepping back in time.

Alyce...can't wait to hear how Ric's first day at Sony went.
Did you have a tooth fall out? My sister had one of those replacement tooth things made...and I think they called it a flipper.

Teacher Tammy...yahoo, you are out from under paint cans, boxes and school preperation long enough to check in and take a little breather on the porch today.
You will be so Happy when you are down to just one house. I know I was.

Looking forward to sgooching over and making room for you more regularly.

Hard to believe it is almost Butterfly time once again.

Cherime...so you have VW Rabbits huh? I had a friend that swore they were the only car she would ever own and drive. She loved them too.

DH and I are really liking our new Bug.
I haven't really driven it yet...once I get him down to the office one day...I am going to go shopping and drive by myself.
So, I can enjoy it even more.

Good for you for giving yourself a weeks vacation to do nothing. Hope you get lots of RNR and some good books read.

Megan...glad to hear that your interview went well. Crossing fingers and toes for you to get the job.

No, Rugby injuries this year girl!!! Have fun but be good to yourself!

We are going to turn around and you will be graduating before we know it. Goodness time flies by!!!!

Well my lovelies...I think I am going to go in and whack on my hair tonight before bed. It is bugging me...and it is two weeks until payday...so, I am going to do it myself this month. I do that on a regular basis. I pay to get it professionally about 4 times a year...the rest of the time I do it myself. I use to be a hairstylist...many moons ago, so I don't do too bad a job with it.

OK...off to shave my head. LOL Just Joking!

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 14 2012 06:15:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  05:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Peg, unfortunately it was had VW Rabbits. I had 2 diesels when DH was alive. He repaired them and kept them up. I sold one and gave the other to a guy who wanted his daughter to learn to drive in it. They did a bit of maintenance on it and then gave it to a couple who needed a car. DH would have approved. I whack on my hair all the time.
Megan, let us know how that goes. And I second Peg no injuries this year.
Blessings all. Off to the old salt mine.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  07:15:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Hope all of you had a wonderful week end. Mine was a whole lot busier than I thought it was going to be.

We got about 10 seconds of rain on Friday. If you can call that rain. LOL

Shanda cool stuff in the swap.I wish I had more time for swaps. They are lots of fun.

Megan praying for the job.

Monica those sound wonderful. What is cream of coconut? I don't think I have seen it around here.

Patsy school starts here next week. I have to be in on the 20th the students on the 23rd. Sigh:( I have so enjoyed my time off.

Pam you jams sound really good. I would love the recipes. I will bring fresh homemade patato bread to the porch tomorrow if you bring the jam.

Peggy OOOH and AHHH! Is it as comfortale as it looks?

Peggy that looks like a neat place to explore. My DH and I love to go look through places like that. It is awesome that they still grind flour there.
They make a cute couple. Thanks for sharing the pic.

Alyce a lot of people have been having migraines latly. I wonder if it is heat or smoke. We have so many fires arouund us they rate the air quality at orande. I am not sure what that means, bit it does not sound good.
Tell Ric good luck with the new job

TL Tammy glad every thing is getting settled for you. Is everyone all right after the accident?

Off to go work at my oldest DD's place. We are moving the chickens out to her house. They have an acre out of town. I will miss my chickens, but we have a neighbors that hates them and complaines. It best they go. The Gkids will take care of them and have fun with them. Whenever the Gkids are here that is the first place they head to. They love to play with the chickens and collect the eggs.

Try to keep cool. It's supose to hit 99 today.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page