Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  7:07:44 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies
i could sure use some cake too
i worked in the garden till sunset and loved every min.
of course my back is not pleased. lol
but it feels so good and the weather could not have been better
70 oh yeah. well is nice to sit a spell and enjoy you all.

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  8:54:56 PM  Show Profile
I was inspired toda and bought some herbs and tomato plants. I can see them from my porch where I sit in the morning. I am so excited!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  06:23:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It is another beautiful day, maybe going to 65F. Since it is too wet to work in the gardens I'll be happy to sit here on the porch and chat with you. In fact the side gardens still have a little snow on them. I'll be looking for the birds and listening to their song too.

Here's a pot of chocolate truffle coffee. It smells so good and tastes good too, if you like flavored coffee.

I did wintersow 8 more containers yesterday. Now I'm starting to sow the annuals. I checked the first ones I sowed three weeks ago, and thought I saw a sprout in one of them. I'll check again today.

Enjoy your day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:39:20 AM  Show Profile
Marcie, I'm on my way over to have a seat on the porch. Do you think my Bannana/walnut bread would go good with your chocolate truffle coffee. Sounds good to me. It's just to nice to not get outside. See you in a few.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:53:07 AM  Show Profile
I would love some chocolate truffle coffee1 Where so you get that? I have to shop today. I hate Walmart on Fridays but Sat. are even worse! I am going to rest here awhile and prepare for the mass of people.

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:55:39 AM  Show Profile
I hear ya, Michelle! It's bill/shopping day here too. That will take most of the morning. I try to avoid WalMart as much as possible. I prefer to shop at Smiths, they have a gas coupon when you spend so much on groceries. Just happens I need to fill my tank too! Have a great day ladies!

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
www.artfire.com/users/BlondeNakCreations
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  08:01:15 AM  Show Profile
Our town is so small there are only 3 grocery choices, Walmart, Save , and a local owned store. Walmart is the most cost efficient. I wish we had a Publix here! It's such a pretty store! Have a great day ladies.

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  10:18:13 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I'm thinking the chocolate truffle coffee came from Walmart. It is a Folger's Gourmet Selection brand.
Mmm the bread will go well with the coffee.
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  12:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
If you are close to an H.E.B you must try it. It is amazing. I drive 20 miles to go to it. You can find almost anything there. They have a great organic section, a sushi bar, rows of coffee to be ground, etc. Great place.

The chocolate coffee sounds great. I have southern pecan. Can't live in Texas without it!!!!

I've made cornbread. I have plenty to share. I love cold cornbread just covered with butter!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  5:18:59 PM  Show Profile
I've never heard of H.E.B? I looked in our coffee section but didn't have any. I may have to shop somewhere else like Hattiesburg. It's just so far, like an hour and a half.

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile
So the day started nice here, but then all of a sudden in the past hour or so it has gotten really cold, and the weathermen are saying we are supposed to get snow:( But I will just take the snow with pride as a Wisconsinite! Amy, that cornbread sounds amazing!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  04:30:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning and happy SPRING! If there is some of the southern pecan coffee left, I'd love a cup. We don't often see that brand here.
Snow is still melting, yard to wet yet to do anything but look from the pathway.
Have a great day!!!
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  06:18:45 AM  Show Profile
I am enjoying the quite of the porch right now until my tribe wakes up. I just sent my DH off on a motorcycle ride to the coast for a blessing of the bikes. It's just me and my dogs!!! I have discovered that the Target in Hattiesburg has the coffee! After a bad experience in Walmart yesterday I plan to just make the hour plus drive to civilization to get exactly what I want and not settle anymore!

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I don't mean to be a snob, but I am getting to hate the rudeness at Wal-mart. So I don't mind the drive to H.E.B. Less crowded.

It is cool and windy here this morning. I will work on my crochet to help keep me warm. I have the tea from England my hubby got me.

Have a wonderful day.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  08:38:36 AM  Show Profile
i asked yesterday if Walmart sold orange peel and the ast. manager asked me what I wanted it for!!! Can you believe it. I am going to shop at a more farmgirl friendly store if I have to drive an hour. Besides they have some great new porch stuff!!! I can doll up my real porch.

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  10:09:10 AM  Show Profile
It is snowing here! I have chicken stew on the stove and just made some noodles to add later, they are drying now. Been a long time since I have done this!! Live in an apt now, so my balcony is my front porch! Cant wait for the real spring to get here and I can do a little container garden and sit out there with a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!!! Come join me ladies!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh it is good to be back here on the porch. I had a couple of overwhelming weeks, and then my computer got a root virus, and had to go to the dr. It is all back together and now I can come and visit again.

It has been so gorgeous here the past few days. We have had such a mild March so far. Tulips, Daffs, Hyacinth, violets, violas...I love spring. It is to be near 70* today. I have been busy weeding and planting Sweet Peas, which will be used for my daughters wedding this Sept. I need to go do some more work, but felt like catching up with you gals first.

I think it is time for a cup of tea.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  9:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Snowing?!?!?! I thought it was suppose to be Spring?! I've missed sitting on this porch with you all! Have I missed anything? Is there a place to sit? I noticed that this porch is getting pretty full! I brought some homemade popcorn and hot chocolate!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  05:01:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh the popcorn sounds good. I've been craving some lately. And a nice cup of hot chocolate right now would be wonderful. We have about 10" of snow so far and will be coming down till noon today. Drifts up to 4ft. The wind is awful. Let me get my coat on and I'll have to get the buggie out to be able to get there. Be looking for me.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:39:06 AM  Show Profile
It's raining here this morning in Mississippi. this works out well because we planted 18 shrubs that I got for free from a friend of mine who owns a wholesale nursery. His prices are unbelievable and he let's me buy from him because we are neighbors! I am having a very hard time lately waiting for results on the teacher test and where I am suppose to be!!!

It's all good!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Channah, the popcorn and hot chocolate sounds good! It did snow here Friday night, but yesterday and last night it has pretty much all melted.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  10:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you ladies liked it!! It is so cold here and rainy. The perfect day to be inside crocheting or reading.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi PrayinGranny from Kansas,
I am from Kansas too. I scooped so much snow again yesterday - arggg my achin' back! I made vegetable soup and let it cook all day in the crock. Then afer supper I made with my daughter and nephew chocolate coffee cup cake. But ya know what? the grass is still greenin' up under all that snow b/c I cleared a path for my little dog to use and it was the prettiest green. Still snow out there today, but its melting away.

Ann Bernadette #847
NE Kansas
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  2:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh, spring is definitely the time to talk weather! In this area, the weather fluctuates like crazy - one day it's beautiful, sunny, in the 60 degrees, the next day snowing and in the 20's. I get spring fever SO bad! It's days like today (beautiful and warm) I dream of my garden to come. But, like you, Ann, I try to take advantage of the last cold days to enjoy soup before I don't feel like it anymore... yesterday I made Wisconsin Potato Cheese soup! Came out pretty good! Making strawberry muffins made from the Amish Friendship Bread starter.. they smell divine! I have also noticed green grass when the snow melts. and some mysterious flower is popping up in my garden, all green and beautiful!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, those strawberry muffins sound yummy!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page