Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  6:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening porch! Popcorn! Sure smells good. I'll have a bowl full, please. Channah, happy to hear you are feeling better. I think I'll put on a pot of strong coffee.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  6:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh boy!! Coffee and Strawberry muffins?!?! You just can't beat that!

Marly, Here is a bowl and some cocoa to go with it!! Can I sit by you dear friend and we can talk all about the books we are reading?!?!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  1:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Strawberry muffins, yummmmy, please pass one, and some hot chlt sounds good. I am very brry here, rained yesterday and is cloudy with some sun breaks today. But still rather cold. Need to do some housework but it is so much more pleasing to sit and chat for a few.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:03:27 PM  Show Profile
mmmm, hot coco sounds yummy right now... came in after a hard afternoon's work outside. It's getting a bit chilly here, too, so something hot sounds pleasant.

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I just made somemore ladies!! It is homemade and nothing beats homemade! It always taste so much better. :)
Drink up! There's plenty!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:22:22 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies
good night for virtual porch sittin
its raining so hard and the thunder and lightning
i like it just hope we don't lose power
i would a strawberry muffin and hot cocoa
i made some apple turnovers
hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  10:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Sunny here today, but coolish. Fire in the stove, tea cup is empty, time to hit the hay! See y'all tomorrow!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  02:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
good morning girls:) Ill be heading home from work soon, maybe I'll swing on over to the porch for a quick tea and a hello since I'm sure all the farm sisters will be up and working hard....Just a friendly reminder when you get too involved with everyday tasks or should ever feel that your are fading fast..just breathe...it will all work out in the end..enjoy your day girls! Ill be thinking happy thoughts of you all and cozy front porches as I drift off to sleep this morning...

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  03:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I hope you all enjoy your Tuesday. I know I will. I'm going back to school today after not going yesterday. I may have had strep throat :( But the doctor put me on antibiotics, so I feel loads better now. Enjoy your day everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  05:55:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! We are having a rainy day again. The side yard looks so soggy, glad not to bee going out there today. We have our first crocus blooming on the path to the mailbox---yea!
Coffee is ready with either chocolate raspberry or french vanilla creamer.
I'd love an apple turnover. I have some peanutbutter cookies in the oven. They will be ready soon.
Enjoy your day!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, Today it looks like it will be a rainy and cold day. :( But God is full of surprises because yesterday it was like this and then in the afternoon it was beautiful and warm!

Megan, I am so sorry you were sick yesterday. I am glad you are feeling better!

Marcie, I would looove some Coffee with French vanilla creamer please. It sounds wonderful!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  08:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Marcie I'll take a cup of coffee with the french vanilla creamer please. It's my favoite!! I just baked bannana bread, I'll bring that with me. See ya in a few.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  08:25:26 AM  Show Profile
It's beautiful here in MS this morning. I have the windows open! I had rain for 2 days and needed a sunny day.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  08:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love some Bannana bread Brenda!!! I love homemade Bannana bread!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  08:35:49 AM  Show Profile
Channah, It sure does smell good tooo~
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  09:44:21 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It is wonderful Brenda!!

Marcie, that coffee is wonderful! Thank you ladies!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  5:42:48 PM  Show Profile
hi
i love banana bread and a nice hot cup of tea
chilly and raining again. but the upside is my little seeds and plants are loving it
so i'm good lol
i finally got my new MJF mag and can't wait to start reading it
have a good night hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:26:08 PM  Show Profile
I made chocolate chip banana bread today, and with tea or ice cold milk, yumyum. Its gonna be smelling great here very soon, all of my lilacs are ready to bloom, the wistera buds are getting bigger by the day and my kitchen garden is almost ready to plant, can't wait.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:50:44 PM  Show Profile
I would love some of that chocolt chip banana bread with my tea. Coming to sit with my favorite girls and relax. What has been happening while I have been away?

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy! How is the teacher situation at your school going? Tomorrow we find out where our school will be moved to next year. I pray that all of these problems get sorted out.
Teresa, your flowers sound absolutely beautiful. So many signs of spring around the forum!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  10:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Chocolate chip banana bread?!! Yum, yes please. I spent most of the day on the computer doing online courses, trying to catch up. Oi! I need to let this be a good reminder not to let it get backed up. Anyway, I am ready for some of that banana bread and a cup of something hot!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  10:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Yaaawwwwwnnnnn off to work again.. what a long night! I hope you all had a great day and an even better evening! It was cold and rainy at my place today so yucky I am ready for march to go out like a lamb! We started getting our seeds around for the garden which is expanding again this year woo-hoo I can wait to get dirty!..Save me some of that banana bread it sounds wonderful! I'll bring over some hazelnut coffee in the morning good night ladies

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  04:58:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Wednesday! I'm off to school. I hope everyone has a lovely day. Julia, I hope your courses are going well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  05:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It is a sunny day and I had better get going here soon. I just wanted to sit awhile and enjoy your company. Take care and have a fun day.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  12:14:20 PM  Show Profile
Yay! It's sunny here today, too! The snow from yesterday's CRAZY snowstorm is melting fast! Was dodging icecicles falling from the trees this morning as I was shoveling the walk... got nailed with one in the back. OUCH!

Taking my lunch break after getting all my chores done... eating my new favorite homemade soup, Wisconsin Potato Cheese soup! Then I must motivate myself to get exercising! I swear if I ate all the yummy goodies you gals bring to the porch, I'd REALLY need to get moving! Hot coco and coffee, banana breads, muffins, popcorn... YUM!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page