Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  6:32:59 PM  Show Profile
This will be short tonight, I am so tired after working all week, and still have one more day. I recieved my glamping book today and am anxious to open it and look at it, but am waiting until I get done on here.
Welcome all the new gals. There is plenty of room on the porch. It is a big porch and lots of chairs, swings, and steps to sit a spell!!!!.
I will post more when I am finally done with work. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  8:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome to the new girls!

Hey Lynette, when's dinner? Kidding...got a freezer full of seafood here.

Brenda, retirement is a big step. Congrats!

Funny that I just missed a discussion of false teeth; I go in Monday to get the prosthetic for a tooth I had pulled in May. Was going to get it a few weeks ago, but the dentist had to pull out bone splinters. Ouch! No wonder it made such awful noises.

Ric absolutely loves his new job. Tonight he is hanging out with Kevin, his "brother from another mother". So, I get some me-time. Perfect time to visit the porch!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  9:35:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi! Ladies,
Haven't been n the porch in a few weeks. Things r very busy here. Hubby has decided to refinace the house. Suppose to save us alot of money. Not yet sold on the idea. So instead of a small amount of packing and downsizing were doing it all now . Then taking it to a storage unit. Im about crazy and if Im working here just packs and takes. I hope Ill be able to find something when he's done. His goal is to have this whole house packed and out of here by Sept.8th. Then I have a week to clean,paint and wallpaper. Then we will be appraised. Too much to fast. This week and next week I have worked/will work full time hours. Praying I can meet his goals Crazy if u ask me. Maybe his way of getting ready to move.Maybe my message need from God to really believe he wants to move. Im just really worried that by just packing and taking I won't be able to find anything when we move and will have more work then should be. I could just scream. I told him if he went near my craft room and 1 thing was touched war. He was in there and moved a box also moved my yarn around as well as some fabric. I had a fit. He just moved it to really see if I would notice. When I started to yell he just laughed and laughed. I see no humor in messing in my room. Not much else going on here besides working. Am going to the garden club garage sale in the am. Hope to score some old metal cookie cutters. We will see. Better get to bed morning comes early.
Take care ,
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Aug 24 2012 9:40:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  07:26:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Just thought I'd peek in and say Howdy. It's been a while. Hope you are all doing well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to read up on what everyone is up to.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  08:36:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Wow it has been almost a week since i was on the porch. It has been a crazy week. School started with all of its busyness. My job has changed 3 different times. I think it is settled now. I need a few minutes to sit and relax and catch up with everyone.

Lindsey looks like you will be busy. I love to read when I get time. Mostly that is in the winter.

Peggy if you don't mind my spinning it on the drop spindle, I will see what I can get spun for you.

Pam Thanks for the links. I know I was one of them that asked.

April I felt that way when the movie Titanic came out a few years ago. Who would want to see a movie where almost eveyone dies. Sad really sad.

Shanda send the rain our way. Idaho is still burning. I am glad you got the rain you neeed.
Thanks for the recipe it sounds yummy.

Bunny glad you are feeling better. I hate being sick. I hope the housing thing works for you. Do you go to college in Portland?

Angela i am glad the Dr was ale to help youThat is so scary not to mention painful. Girl there are easier ways to get a vacation! LOl

Peggy I am glad you didn't break any thing. I mean on you not the furnature. LOL
I am a Para Ed. that means I have a 2 year degree in education. I work with Title 1 and head up the Before and After School programs. I like the cange of pace as I am never doing the same thing. I am way to ADHD to do the same thing over and over. LOL This year I was given the job of Homeless Student Liaison. I wil go for training some time this next week. It is hard to believe that in the small town that i work in we have homeless students. So sad. I am not sure I will be able to do the job and servive emotionaly.

Angela I will keep you in prayer. Well your backside any way LOL. You are truly blessed to have a hubby and kids that will help out so much. It may not be perfect but at least they are trying. Give them a hug and say thank you!

Julie I would live to send you some alpaca to play with. It might take a while as school has started and I don't have as much time to spin as I would like. The yarn will be all natural. in other words no dyes. My alpacas are brown so the fleece does not hold color well. The whait alpaca fleece can be dyed beautiful colors.

Bernadine welcome to the porch. Sit a spell and tell us about yoursrlf. I want to have bees too. Gut I live in town right now so bees are on my wish list.

Lindsey those are adorable chicks. Thanks for posting the pic.

Erin welcome you can lean on the rail or pull up a rocker. There is a swing but you have to be upearly to bet Peggy to the porch swing. LOL

Brenda glad you are back on the porch.

Ruth honey you gave him a challenge and darned if he didn't have to meet it. LOL

Kimberly Woo Hoo I been praying for you girl. I kept asking God to watch over you and bring you back to us. Praise God! Let us know how you are doing.

Well the Gkids are up and I need to get them some breakfast. Hope all of you have a great weekend

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  4:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Well, I slept almost all day yesterday. It could be the meds or the virus or both.
Mom said that she took a nice long nap too.Even with all the Benadryl, she is having trouble sleeping at night. Of course that could be the Prednisone. It effects people differently.
Welcome Erin!We love when new Gals pop over here on the porch. Tell us a little about you and what kind of dog do you have?Any other animals?
Peg, my mom had Bells Palsy twice(once on each side at different times)so she bites her jaws all the time. Poor thing hates to eat at all. I have a small mouth too. When I was little they pulled out some teeth to try and make room(a nightmare) but my lower teeth are still crowded.
Welcome back Brenda,look forward to hearing more from you.What kind of job do you do and what kind of work are you thinking of doing after you retire?
Alyce, so glad Ric is loving his job. Makes for a happy home doesn't it?
Poor Ruthie,Waaaaay too much stress girl. Breeeeeeath!!! LOL
Well, the heat is back(90), but not as humid. After all the 70 degree days, it feels way too hot! haha
Well, toodles for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 25 2012 4:18:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile
Finished my 45 hour week, usually it is only 7. 6 days is way too much for my old bod now. I am tired and will need a couple of days to recoup. I did get to read 2 books that I won in giveaways, now I need to get them posted for a giveaway to keep them circulating. Am also reading the glamping book I got yesterday. Lovin it so far.
I will catch up hopefully tomorrow,
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:27:53 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Everyone sounds just as tired as I am. At least I know Iam not alone. LOL I see us all sitten on the Porch looken like Old Tired Hound dogs. Only wiggling enough to shue the flies off. LOL

Our weather here was gorgeous today. Got warmer than they said it would (high 80's)...so, my hubby and I got in our little ol'bug and went for a long ride.
Which we haven't done for awhile. We stopped and got a couple of cold drinks and just hit the road meandering. It was a lovely day to do that.

Guess what girls...I think my DH is going to let me put eyelashes on the Bug. I am so excited!!! It will be so cute! I will take a picture when I do.
Have to find out the price of them etc.
I took a picture of a PT Cruiser yesterday that had eye lashes on it and showed my hubby what the looked like
(as he thought I was going to just paint them on myself).

Judy...hope you and mama get over your viruses. The Benadryl can make you very sleepy for a few days...and then it can start having the opposite affect...making you feel wired and wide awake. I hate when it does that.
I had a beautiful 30 something gal work for me one time and she got Bells Palsy. Half her face wouldn't move for about 3 or 4 months. She was a christian singer too and that shut her singing down for awhile. But she asked me if she could keep working while she had it...and I told her if she didn't care...I sure didn't care. I thought she was a brave soul for wanting to. She had to field quite a few questions and comments from some of our customers...but she did it with dignity and grace.

Janet...wow, a 45 hour week, you must be pure exhausted girl. Glad you got a little reading done anyway. Everybody seems very excited about the new Glamping Book.

Dianne...I don't care how you spin it girl...I am just so excited to try it. ~
Oh, goodness you are going to have a hard time keeping your emotions under control working with homeless kids. I know I would...and yet, I think it would be so rewarding too.
To actually help make a difference in their lives.

Kimberly...well, blow us away girl...good to hear from you. Hope you will be able to come sit and chat a bit more...fill us in on what all you been doing.

Sweet Ruthie...you still sound a bit stressed. I am praying for you and here is a BIG BIG
{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}
Just know you are loved and that we care! Come vent any time...it is healthy to get it off your chest and not bottle it up.

Alyce...glad to hear that Ric is happy at work.

A freezer full of Sea food sounds yummy.

Brenda...Welcome back to the Porch. Don't stay away so long...you miss too much fun! LOL

Netty...is the Healing the Heart Study the one by Kay Arthur?
If it is...I have done that one. If not...by Kay, I am sure it will be a good one.
I also, have my study in the home of a friend. There are 15 of us, but we have had up to 21 at times (gets a bit
tight with that many women) in a house. My bible study group has been together for 24 years. And we all go to different churches. We now have daughters that have joined us...from the original core group of 7 women.
It will be my greatest joy when some of their daughters join. We do have one 16 year old that comes with her mom on a regular basis and participates in the discussion. She is very committed to Christ, her Church and her Youth Group. It's so awesome to see that in young people.

OK Ladies....I am off to bed and a book.

More later gaters...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It's a bit dreary on the porch this morning. It rained all day yesterday so I had to wipe off the rockers with a kitchen towel. The air is fresh though so come breath deep.

My son's game was chaos yesterday. They tried, but lost. That's not so bad but the number of back seat coaches among the parents was crazy! They need to learn to let th e real coaches do their job. The players get so confused.

Then I spent much of the afternoon in bed. Caught a cold, but decided to take extra vit C and combat it with rest. Seemed to work, but now I feel I have to catch up on things today. We'll see how that goes. Right now I am just watching the hens play in the yard puddles.

Netty...what's a soap scrimmage?

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  06:31:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies . It's a breezy, sunny, cool morning here - better grab some slippers & a blanket to keep you warm with your cup of tea or coffee :). Or maybe a kitty or two!

I didn't sleep much last night, but it was my own fault. I had gone out to my cousin's to help her pick apples & cucumbers & I also did all of my sheets - yay for line-dried, farm dried sheets! The only thing that would have made it better would have been if I had taken my clothes soap with me . My cousin usually makes it, as well, but had run out & hadn't made any yet. So I had to use what she had (generic crappy stuff). I put them on an extra rinse cycle, and hung them up, hoping they would dry over-night. It stayed windy enough that they were all dry - even the ones that were put on at like 10 pm! So now I have to vacuum my mattress, make the bed, and make the hide-a-bed for Mom on Monday (I think lol). Nice to have my sheets finally washed & line-dried! I also tackled my giant pile of mending. I decided I needed to get rid of it. I found out the hard way that sticky-backed velcro doesn't sew very well lol. Oh well, the machine needed cleaning, so it's all good now. I "made" a new project - it wasn't really that hard, but the material wasn't straight, so it's a little crooked. I wanted to make a fabric covered blind, but my material wasn't wide enough. So I improvised. And I'm happy with the way it turned out. If I do another one, I'll make sure it's better, but for right now, it works! I'll try to add a picture or three...
Before...

After...

And a close-up of the material.

Well, I better go & get started on my day before it's mid-afternoon & I don't have anything done! Have a good day all!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  09:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I had a good day yesterday with my quilting class. They had so much fun with the die cutter they didn't even start the project I had for them. They just had a blast cutting out all kinds of shapes for other projects. They told the guild coordinator they wanted me back next year. We will see. It was a lot of work for me. Plus my brakes in my truck decided not to work properly. I think the ABS went out. So I had to take my mom's little car and was not able to get my tables home. The local quilt shop said they would take them to their shop and I could pick them up next week. She wants me to teach some quilt classes too.

I was dead tired when I got home. 8 hours on my feet with fibro and was a hurting dog when I got home. But I'm good this morning. I have to unpack today. I have more projects to get started on!

Judy, so sorry you and Mama are sick. I hope you get better soon.

Erin, good to have you on the porch. When I get a cold I drink echanaecia tea with honey all day. It helps boost your immune system. Hope you feel better soon too!

Dianne, I know I could never do your job. My half sister is looking at possibly being homeless and although I could never live with her ( she is very dysfunctional) and that's putting it mildly, I hate to see her struggling and have no way to help her. To deal with a bunch of teens in that situation would be heart wrenching. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. With all the sewing, crocheting and knitting here we could maybe help out with warm hats or mittens... I'll be praying for all of them and you.

Peggy, not sure I could drive a car with eyelashes. It may be one way to make sure your husband drives the other car until it dies. Lol. I am thankful the weather cooled off a bit. Still warm but at least not in the 90's anymore.

Kimberly, good to see you back on the porch. Hope all is well with you and family.

Pam, good for you sewing your fabric blind. Makes a big difference from the boring off white. I feel ya with the sticky backed velcro. I have had it come off so tried to sew it too. Big mess with the needle. Live and learn.

Well, I'm off to unpack the car. Shouldn't take too long and I can get started on my new projects. I'm going to finish some iPad cases and start figuring out some skirt patterns using old shirts. I met a really nice lady that owns a trift store I. Town and she said if I could make some up she would put them in the store for me.

Later all. Hope you have a restful Sunday.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  11:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
It is beautiful here today and just finished grading papers and getting things lined up for the coming week. I am most excited though because all my appliances for the new house are here and my dear hubby and his brother have been putting them in. The dishwasher is left today. I am going to buy a new tea kettle in honor of my new stove top. couldn't resist.

Peggy I have to ask..are you talking real eyelashes on your bug? I mean they will look like eyelashes...hehehe that I would love to see. My bible study group and I just stared Beth Moore's The Patriarchs. My group had already done James before I joined so still hoping to get a chance to do that one. I am liking this new study though.

Bernedine welcome to the porch...wonderful little place.

Bunny so glad that your quilting class went well.

Judy sorry you and your sweet mum are sick.

I found my camera yesterday just need to get some batteries so I can take some pictures of my sweet little home and share with yall
well I am off to spend a quiet afternoon
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  11:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Dianne- I emailed you my address

Kimberly- HI! Been wondering how life is going for you.

Judy- I'm glad I was sitting down when I read "I have a small mouth, too." ROFL! I don't think you can be on the porch unless you are yappy. Thanks for brightening my day.

I will catch up more later. DH is "fixing" my bike so I shouldn't leave him unsupervised for long.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile

These are what car eyelashes look like girls! Aren't they cute?????
I am just girly enough to love them!!! If a tractor can be sexy...then so can
my VW Bug with eyelashes. LOL

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I have seen those on a bug here and laughed so hard, but I do have to admit, they are cute!!!!! My hubby would never allow them though.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  5:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Peggy, those car eyelashes are adorable!
Bunny, sounds like a successful day for you!
Teacher Tammy, did you start school too? We started school around the same time it seems!
Welcome to all of the new Porchies! Hugs to everyone!
The first week of school was successful. I think this year is going to challenge me in new ways, which is exciting and a little daunting at the same time!
Today was a very relaxing day. After church I went to see my grandparents, which is always good! Now to finish weekend homework and spend time with my Mom before the school week starts!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  04:54:03 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, I hope you can get those lovely lashes for your Bug! Also, I forgot to respond to your question about the soap - we don't have any to sell right now, but when we do I'll list some in our Etsy shop and let you know, if you wish. :)

What are everyone's plans for the day? I have a work meeting later today and officially start work tomorrow. I work at a before & after school program/daycare. I'm looking forward to going back to work and seeing the kids again. Then I think I'll run to the feed store and see what they have in the way of scratch grains for the chickens - they free-range anyway so we want to switch from laying mash to letting them scratch for most of what they need, supplementing with some whole or cracked/rolled grains and giving them back their eggshells and making sure they have oyster shells to take care of their calcium needs. After that I'll go to BB's, a discount bent-and-dent store and see if they have anything good - lately I've been able to find things like Burt's Bees and other natural body care products, organic foods, Larabars, etc. at very good prices. Hopefully today's visit will be successful. Then it's back home to do normal homey stuff. :) So - I'd better get going!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  06:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning Again, Ladies. UGH, it's Monday, and I'm having a hard time getting focused enough to even formulate a TODo List. My weekend was way to short.

My DH had a talk with one of the back-seat coaching parents from our son's football game. They are going to remind all the parents to "encourage, but not coach" from the sidelines. I really hope this helps. We've coached flag football for the past few years, but this is the first year, we've joined this Tackle football league. Football in this county is just plagued with bad karma. The leagues fight with each other, create lawsuits, bring out skeletons, and just never seem to find a way to be professional enough to set good examples "for the kids." It frustrates me so. My DH just LOVES football. He LOVES that our younger son enjoys the game too. It does him good to coach, and he's one of the few who truly enjoys the KIDS, more than winning. Other parents compliment him too, so I don't even have to be biased. I just wish the rest of the coaches and league officials could act that way. With all the bad mojo, it may be doubtful if we repeat a season, and that is just sad.

I did manage to put in the new doggy door. Boy, I swear, "Nothing is Ever Simple." Of course, the new door was slighly smaller than the old door's hole. Same opening size, but the frame was smaller. So, then I think about using some sort of trim around the frame, but that was going to be a problem, because there are panels in the bottom half of the door, so it's not completly flat. If I did moulding, I'd have to get really skilled at using my jigsaw to make the moulding sink in around the panels. SO - I looked at some of my leftover plywood, and decided to just cover the whole paneled part with that. I had enough for both the inside and out, and could cut out openings for the doggy door. No, it wouldn't be all that pretty, but it's just a basement door anyway. With some white paint and some trim moulding, it'll look fine. The two sides of the doggy door didn't butt up against each other exactly like they should, but I can seal the small gap with some white duct tape, and again, it'll not be super pretty, but it'll work, and make it a bit more weather tight. DH said he'd do the painting next weekend, so that's cool, as I really don't like to paint. The new door's a lot more efficient than the old one, so I'm glad I can check this task off my list.

I went to the PTA meeting, and was pleased that our acting president, actually ACTED like a president. FINALLY, he kept us on task, and didn't let us diverge off on to other topics. We have a plan for "Back to School Night" and I'm eager to get our plans put into action. I actually have my BS in Elem Ed, but no longer teach. I really want to help the teachers, but it's tough to find ways for WORKING parents to help them. I thought about organizing some way parents could help teachers with cutting things out or grading spelling tests, but that was negated, because we have a central location now, that does all the copying and cutting for teachers, and parents can't help with any sort of grading because of confidentiality. Understood. The teacher liaison tells me they just want help with things that cost money - like National Geographic for Kids magazines. That's cool, but it's early in the year and tough to raise money just yet. I wanted to find ways of HELPING that don't require hundreds of dollars. UGH.

I bought some oatmeal yesterday. I WILL find time to make some no-bake oatmeal cookies this week! Leftover oatmeal will be a nice treat for my hens. I feel so bad for them. They've spent a lot of time in their roost lately because we've had SO MUCH rain. I open the door so they can go out and free range, but they don't like to when it's so wet - apparently.

Peggy, do the lashes. Enjoy them. They can always come off later, right? Hey, I had those little stick figure people on the back of my van for a while. Everyone teased me about them, but I didn't care. In fact, if I had a big ol' truck of my own.... I think I'd put the eyelashes on it, just to be really crazy!

Pam, did you actually COVER the shade? It's a great idea! I'm wondering though... what if you actually REPLACED the shade with fabric that was stiffened somehow? Some sort of starch or iron on backing? Might have to sew two sides, but it might turn out pretty cool.

Judy, I have three dogs... and a few other critters. Thanks for asking! There's a link to our family website in my siggy, and I have a whole photo album of the critters.... but not of the hens... have to put that on my task list! Our critter family includes a boxer, a boston terrier and a "shar-pug." We also have a DSH cat, who is a wonderful rodent huntress. We have a male and a female beta (separate bowls), and 6 hens (1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Black Australorpe, 2 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, a white Silkie, and an ugly Easter Egger/Americauna).

Bunny, my SIL quilts and teaches classes. She lives in Wyoming. She really enjoys it, but yes, it takes a lot of time. And thanks for the tea advice. I prefer my tea cold - true coffee drinker here - but will have a cup on occasion, especially if I have a sore throat. Rest is my best weapon, but my family knows that when I need it, I REALLY need it!

Ruthie, housing changes are always tough. Some people hate to move, and others love a fresh start - frequently. Few people are ever in the middle. I too, love old cookie cutters - but I seldom bake cookies! I just love the nostalgia they offer, and the memories they surface of some quality "Mom & Me" time as a kid. Did you find any?

Ok, I suppose I've monopolized the conversation here on the porch this morning. My coffee mug's empty, so that's my cue to get my brain earning my keep for a few hours!

Enjoy the day, beauties! Find something good about it, no matter how small. I want to hear about it tomorrow right here on the porch.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  06:25:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Erin - I just sewed up the material so no raw edges were showing, & then hot glued the material onto the blind. It isn't quite wide enough, but it works, and looks nice with the curtains closed up against it. The material was rather crooked apparently, but it works for me. And it's not bulky that it doesn't roll up. Granted, it's not pretty when it's rolled up lol, but it does roll up & my blind isn't up a whole lot anyways. What a hot glue gun can't do?! lol

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile
Pam, that sounds pretty!

Peggy, your car is so cute now I want to hug it.

Dianne, can we help at all?

Yes, things are happier here with a happy Ric. I am not so happy though--I went in to finish my dental work today, and the paperwork was all screwed up! Argh!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  10:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Lovelies....

Just so ya all know, that was not a picture of my Bug, that was a PT Cruiser with
the eyelashes. I did however order my eyelashes for the bug...they will be here on
Thursday. They also have Purple Crystal Eyeliner. How cute is that???? I told my
DH...I ordered them...and he didn't faint or anything. LOL So, I think I'm good!

Well, youngest son and I are headed to a coffee shop to hang together and do a little
work on our computers. I will be on later to share my day.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Well... all those plans I had? Yeah, didn't happen. The work meeting ended up being like 3 hours long and by that time I needed to get back home... ah well there's always another day!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:58:08 AM  Show Profile
Am running slow today, which I knew I would. I did manage to get a load of laundry done, then went thrifting, but did not find anything. I am trying to get a pair of mittens knit, but that is going pretty slow also. I guess I just need time to recoup. Yesterday I ended up making a baked chicken with mashed potaoes and gravy and cream corn. It was so good, especially to have home cooked food again!LOL!!! Plus I did a load of laundry. Tomorrow will be better, I am sure.
Hope all you gals have a great day,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  12:18:45 PM  Show Profile
Netty, I read back and I'm still LOL at that goose"goosing' your cat.Bet he watches his....err...back?...after that. hahaha ummmm...did I miss what a soap scrimage is?
Pam, I loved the window shade idea. Thanks for sharing that.
BunnyBunnyBunny, you are just so BusyBusyBusy!hahahaha That's our Bunny! Always hopping to!*giggle*
Tammy,Would love to see your "Homey"pics when you get that camera going.
Thanks ya'll for all the well wishes for Mama&Me! We are both getting better little by little.
Julie, Small mouths just have to yammer faster, that's all...don't we Peg?LOL
Hey Peg, Don't they carry those lashes at car parts places? Do they have to be ordered?One thing for sure, you'll have no trouble finding your car in a parking lot. Around here we have a lot of silver beetles. I tried to get into the wrong one once at WallyWorld and Mama did it once too. Too funny. We cackled like old hens all the way home. Silly girls! *giggle*
Erin, you have quite a group of critters there. Have you ever raised Beta's? I've had 2 males before(seperated of course)but never had a female. They're such a pretty,colorful fish.
A shar-pug has to be cute. I'll have to go look at your pics. I love your ridge-runner siggy. Mama is from W.VA, so we understand that nic-name.hahaha
Well, we have been having soft rains today off&on/low 80's. Love that on a Summer-Monday.
I think I need a nap now.*giggle*
LaterGators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  3:35:41 PM  Show Profile
......oh yea.....forgot to mention that I went to evening church at the new place and really enjoyed it. It was more like a Bible study. We went into a large room(not the chapel)with an attached kitchenette and casually sat at big round tables, sung a couple of songs, prayed and then the preacher started an interactive discussion on the book of Philemon. Started at 6PM, done by 6:45. Wow!
I ain't use to that(as my BIL likes to say)! It was mostly older people, but I like being around them and their wisdom, and booooy are they sharp when it comes to their Bible. We looked at that tiny chapter from ALLLL angles. I loved it! *giggle*
Well, I had a sweet tooth attack this afternoon,so I made my Moms Oat Candy(ya'll call it no bake cookies) Mama always tells people, " If ya didn't bake it, it's candy...oat candy!" That's my Mama! *giggle* Of course I have to monkey with it and Judy-ize it to make me happy. I use less sugar, added coffee crystals, extra P.B.,raisins and sunflower seeds. Now it's more like a power bar.(sorry Mama)
Help yourselves...it really is chewy and tasty! Oh, I made a pot of Choice organic Japanese Twig tea to go with!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page