Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  6:34:36 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. I have had 2 of them and that is enough for me. No fun, but you will feel so much better by tomorrow night.
Got my turkey smoked yesterday and was it ever good!!!! I love the gravy with the smokey taste. We finally got 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday, the most in over 2 months!!!! I did get out the other day and collected flower seeds from my gardens. Now I need to transplant my herbs into smaller pots to bring in for the winter months. They kind of go dormant, but I keep watering them and by spring they pop back to life. Hope it works again this year.
Well, I am off to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  7:50:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Just checking in! Hugs and prayers to all who need it!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Janet, I am so sorry. *hug*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  11:09:49 AM  Show Profile
Netty there are other things that can bring about those kinds of "changes", interactions between medications, vitamin deficiencies to name a couple. Since our bodies do changes, something that we were taking that was ok for a while could after a while not be ok. It might be a good time to investigate what she has been taking and talk with her doctor and pharmacist.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  2:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Praise God! DH finally found relief at 1am this morning! He was almost burning up when he went to bed, but after a spell of sweating that lasted about 5 mins, he just felt a movement and knew it was over. The aching stopped. of course, we haven't seen the "end" result yet. His hunger has just returned and I gave him a shredded beet from the garden with olive oil n fresh lemon juice over it. He got down about 5 bites and was done, but hey, it's a start and it stayed down!

Peggy: been thinking of ya off n on all day. hope everything is going well with ya. wouldn't wish that on anybody!

Janet: got my flower seeds collected before rain hit us too. we needed it. need to transplant a mini rose, wandering jew and a butterfly bush to bring in for the winter, then should be all done with that. hate to think of putting away all my yard ornaments, didn't we just put them out? ..but i do LOVE FALL! bring it on.... :)

til next time...love, hugs,prayers...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, Glad to hear your DH has found relief. My DH goes through that often.
Peggy, I said prayers for you, and am thinking of you today. I know you will be glad when this is over.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  5:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello all :)

Well, I'm back lol....seems as soon as I try to "visit" more, life gets in the way & things happen so that I don't get to come sit a spell. Hoping that my schedule comes back soon so I can get to "normal" again. Finally got my Mountain Rose Herb order - yay! Can't wait to get started on fun things :). Guess I should go find some supper - I'm hungry, but nothing I have I want to eat right now. I'll find something lol.

Prayers & hugs & Yay's for everyone who needs them.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2012 :  6:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, we got more rain last night, so now our grass is greening again. Looks alot better now. It has only been warming to 69 during the day, but it does feel good. I just hope we do not have an early winter here. I am not ready for snow yet, or the below zero weather.
Peggy, hope you are feeling better now and glad the day is over.
Hope all are doing well. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  12:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

I really can't tell you gals how much your prayers meant to me for my procedure.
Yesterday my husband left me with my gallon bottle of prep stuff....and he went down to our sons office....which I was so happy he did because I was so NOT doing well with this whole cleanse thing. First off they gave me 4 different packets of flavoring to mix in with this stuff. Pineapple, Lemon-Lime, something else, and cherry. You could only use one. I picked cherry. They said after you mixed it to refrigerate it for a couple hours because it went down easier cold.
OMGosh girls...after the first two 8 oz. glasses I thought I was going to puke. It tasted just like drinking Alka-Seltzer (and I can't drink that stuff)...I started both crying and crying out to God, "Lord, you have so got to get me through this because I have five hours of drinking this stuff every 20 minutes...and I know I can't do this in my own strength. I am so going to be sick." Well, I tried using a straw to drink it down faster and that helped but oh that taste was so awful. Then once it started working...Oh, My Gosh...let's just say I completely scrubbed my bathroom 3 times, part of my hallway rug and did two loads of wash...all while crying and drinking that stuff. The last 4 hours...I just sat on the toilet and didn't budge off of it. I am soooo not a wimp when it comes to medical stuff but I will tell you one thing...I will never go through that ever again in this lifetime. In five or ten years when I have to do that test again they better have come up with a new way to prep you (like a CT Scan)...or I will just go to my grave never having another colonoscopy. I don't care that my Grandmother died of colon cancer at age 64 or my brother had part of his removed. I just don't care. It was that horrid of an ordeal! Been there, done that, not doing it again!!!!

After yesterday...today was a piece of cake. I had the procedure and was put totally under. The Dr. removed 4 small pollops and said he didn't think they were cancerous at all but he would biobsy them and let me know in a week. I might decide to talk to him by then. LOL

I hadn't eaten in 35 hours so hubby bought me a turkey sandwhich and a Blackberry Smoothy on the way home. It tasted so good! And I deserved it!!!

And all I can say tonight...Is Praise God it is all over with!!!!!! And Modern Medicine better get with the program if I have to have another one of those procedures in this lifetime!

Well...now on to a more pleasant topic.
I went outside tonight to take Snickers out one last time and the night is warm, peaceful and the stars were just hanging in the sky so big and bold...like I could almost reach out and touch them. So beautiful. Tomorrow it is suppose to be in the 90's again. We are so going to have an Indian Summer and I am so glad about that.

I sure hope I sleep well tonight...last night was difficult.

Patsy...glad to hear that hubs pain passed!!!

Bunny...hope that new fire doesn't get too close to you.

Too tired to comment to all of you tonight...but again, thanks for your prayers...I never would have got through drinking that YUCK! without them.

hugs and blessings,
peg

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 06 2012 12:29:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  05:46:14 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I do understand. I one of those done, they insisted before they would do the surgery. I hated that! They put me under and told me I would not remember a thing. I woke up in the middle of it with them trying to get "farther up" face to the lovely 4 screen view of my innards. As I told them, they found nothing. The doctor told me "see you in five years". Told him only if you can catch me! I am not doing that again.
Janet, glad to hear things have lightened up for you but Anchorage got 130 mph winds and is a royal mess. Huge trees down everywhere. I was driving in to work and watch two electrical transformers blow up. Huge white light like an explosion. They dog and the other animals are all getting very thick undercoats. Ah well! The furnace and coming on now at night and I am supplementing with wood heat during the day.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  07:08:00 AM  Show Profile
Quick Wave to those of you on the porch! Work's been really busy these past few days so I haven't had time to sit and chat for a bit (and to read what you'll've been up to!). But I'm thinking about you, and will plop my butt on the rocker soon!

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  07:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I know what you went through. I had 2 of them in 2 years and I swear I will never have another one either. The first on I woke up before they were done, the second one I remember I kept saying ouch. Don't remember the pain, but remember saying ouch quite a few times. When it was done, they said the dr. had a hard time going around a corner? Enough is enough. I agree, there needs to be a better way to check your colon.
It was 48 degrees this morning. I had to go get some routine bloodwork done this morning fasting and when I left, I had to turn the heat on in the car because it was all full of morning dew. I always take a cup of coffee with me, so when I get out, I can drink coffee before I even leave the parking lot.
Hope all have a great day today.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  08:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

I'm up to my eyeballs in teaching school (homeschool), work on our farm and taking care of my family. I don't know how much I'll be able to check in with you lovely ladies this school year. Just know that I'll be bouncing in every now and then to get the latest! Have a great week!

~April :)

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  12:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I am glad the procedure went "well". I really felt for you, drinking that stuff. I agree someone ought to come up with a different way to do that procedure.
April enjoy your Homeschool year. I have 9 children and homeschooled them and now we have 10 grandsons and some of the Mommas are talking about homeschooling them. I remember how tired I'd feel sometimes but how worthwhile it was too.

Well the bees settled in and apart from three stings on my right boob, the least they could have done was sting both sides so that I'd be equally swollen, the move went well and now I own a bee suit...lol

Things are cooling down here in Idaho and I love it!

Bernadine
Farmgirl #121
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  2:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone
wow I need a minute on the porch. Between work and nd home I am exhausted. Labor day weekend was just that. Labor!! We moved the chickens coop, fence and birds out to my oldest DD's house. That was Saturday. Sunday after Church we got a call from my youngest DD. They had a ton and half of hay to move. Could we help. Sure no problem. Only when we got there it was over 3 ton of hay. Everything on me hurt by the end. They were 75-80 pond bales not the nice 60-65 pound balse. Monday my DH put new lights on the horse trailer we were given. Free is always a good price. then it was back out to my oldest DD's house to help build fence. Their goat keeps escapeing. I was ready to go back to work. LOL
Tuesday put up 14 qts of corn in the freezer.
Tonight I need to get the pickles and peppers chopped for Wimpy's Delight, a really good pickle relish.
I love canning and freezing for winter, but I feel like I am way behind.

Now to catch up with all of you.

Cassidy good luck with the farm hunt. We have been looking for a while. We finally decided that we need to look else where. Here is not really where we want to be.

Judy this the first time I can say i am glad I do not live close. Live skunk in a trap is so not a good thing. i agree with Cherime, stock up on the tomato juice.

Cassidy I have knitted socks for a while and use the DPN. The first row or two is the hardest. Then the yarn holds the needles and it just like regular knitting. Good luck with the leggings.

Janet I will keep your family in prayer. It is so hard to understand why.

Oh Peggy hun I am soo sorry it was that bad. I had no idea. I am with you. I think I would rather go to my grave than go through something like that. There really must be an easier way. Modern medicine Ha Ha!

Well I had best get moving. I have to license the horse trailer and prep vegies.
Tp mprrow I am taking my old faithful Elna sewing machinf to a different place. a second opinion. The lady said to bring it in and they would look at it. I just gor a bad vibe from the other guy.We will see. I hope it is fixable. A new sewing machine is not in the budget.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  3:54:05 PM  Show Profile
ugh. I'm down with mastitis. i've gone on and got an antibiotic for it. One of the few things i just don't want to try to treat at home. I feel horrible. Prayers appreciated.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2012 :  4:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! What do you know, 2 times in one week! Holy! lol I think I'm going to cook up a batch of apples & maybe make some apple sauce & apple leather - depends if I have everything & how long it takes. I might have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday to do the fruit leather. I borrowed my Mom's dehydrator, so I'm excited :). Also I finally got my Mountain Rose Herb order & had to figure out what I was making with it (I ordered it in July & due to not exactly reading every single word in the fine print, it got to Minot, then sent back, then sent to where I wanted it - but didn't find out about it until it was already sent back). I kind of forgot lol. But I think I found lots of things to make: lip balm, nursing balms (for my cousin when she's due in November), chemical-free toothpaste, baby butt balm (again for my cousin), homemade body wash, homemade deodorant, non-greasy homemade moisturizing lotion...and probably a few other things! Not sure if it's going to be this weekend or when. But I have the stuff, it's just a matter of finding time now :).

Cassi - I just saw this last night & thought of you when I read your dilemma. http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/breastfeeding/common-problems/mastitis Hope it helps you & you feel better soon!

Wow, Dianne, you sure are busy! Hope you get a few "down days" to catch up on your rest & relax!

Bernadine - I'm glad you're moving the bees (or moved!) & not me! Hope you feel better soon!

April - good luck on all of your homeschooling! I never knew anyone growing up that homeschooled, but now there are a lot around me, which is neat :).

Cherime, hope you all are safe & sound up there! Those winds sound dangerous :(.

Peggy - you should have drunk it with your nose plugged - or hoped for a cold/stuffy sinuses! Glad you got it done with & survived though!

Well, I better get up & get busy. I think it's early to bed again tonight!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

MtnGrlByTheBay
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

Erin
Lexington Park MD
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  06:10:17 AM  Show Profile
G'Morning Ladies. I have the heaviest heart this morning. I used to work with a young gal. I guess she's probably 8 years younger than me. She had two young children when I was pregnant with my second, so despite our age gap, we had some good conversations around the coffee pot. We were different, though. I, more natural, and her more "trendy." Still, I always liked her bubbly personality. She loved her husband and her family. I met her husband a few time. He'd been in Iraq. He'd also been in a bad motorcycle accident just after his daughter was born. They were a military famiy, and had gone through some tough times, but I admired their dedication. I moved on to a different job, but since we coached their son in Flag Football we maintained contact. Then, after football, we drifted apart. I'd see her posts on facebook too, and actually got a bit tired of her "party girl" pics. She's a good mother, but started out as a young one, so I guess she made the most of her "me time." Then, I noticed on Facebook that she no longer displayed a married status. This saddened me, but didn't surprise me. I hate to see ANY marriage end. I just read in the paper last night that her husband died in a motorcycle accident this past Saturday night. They have three children. I think her daughter must be around 9, her son 7 and her youngest girl, 4 or 5. I don't know the whole story, and I haven't seen or spoken with this family in a couple years. But my heart is just so heavy for them. I know she has some solid family here, and is strong in her faith, so I know she'll get through this, much like she's gotten through so much before. This man, even though he was separated from his wife, was a dedicated father to his three kids. I just find the whole deal so sad. I went to the obit online, and wrote in my condolences. I included his wife, but I hope that was appropriate, seeing as though they were about to finalize their divorce. What do you think?

Plus, my own DH and I have hit a rut, and I was praying about it last night. Shortly after I went to bed, he brought me the news article about this man's death. It was almost like God was saying, "be thankful for your husband." I mean, the timing was almost eerie.

ON a lighter side, I finally caught up with all that's been going on with you sweet things, so:

Bunny, I think it is AWESOME that you can RENT your textbooks! MORE schools should offer such a program. When I went to collage, you had to scour the bulletin boards to buy used books. I'm sure now it's all done online.

Judy, there is an episode of the Turtle Man where he traps a skunk out of a lady's shed. He threw a blanket over it... but the show ends with him sitting in a bath of some sort of tomato concoction...

Peggy, I've learned a lot from your colonoscopy experience. I think whenever that time comes for me, I'm just going to "set up shop" in my bathroom, with the TV, some movies, some magazines, and LOTS of TP. And on a different subject, your husband should be glad he wasn't the guy I passed on Tuesday... he was driving a car, and right under the window was a large pink butterfly decal with the name "Chantal" scripted next to it.

Janet, I'm so sorry for your nephew's loss, and your heavy heart. My old boss lost his son to suicide last week. I'm sure a million questions go through a surviving family member's brain. I can only say, that just like some people have visable physical disabilities, like a deformed arm, or blindness - some people have mental disabilities that life often hides. It's not that person's fault, and it doesn't make them a bad person. It's just the way it is. Only God knows why, and I have to remind myself, that's I'm in no position to ask God, WHY. But surviving family members shouldn't blame themselves.

Netty, I've never had a kidney stone, but my husband has had them, and my brother had one one time. They say the pain is like childbirth... like they even know. ;) Still, it's got to be terrible, and I hope you are feeling better.

Ok, I think I'll just sit here on the porch for a few more minutes before I actually do some real work. The air is fresh this morning, and I'm ready for a fresh start to a nice weekend.

^^^I'm a RidgeRunner, and will always feel best when surrounded by the PA mountains.^^^

www.lastlapgang.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  09:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Well, I didn't get the job at Accuquilt. I'm not upset about it either. I figure it just wasn't time for me to be working yet. I don't rent my books from my school. I use two companies online. One is Chegg.com the other is collegebookrenter.com. Anyone can use them regardless of the college you are attending. So if any of you know college students let them know. There are of course times when buying a book is best. I'm still waiting to hear about my scalers hip. I should know the end of next week. My kids are coming to see me for Thanksgiving. I can't wait. I get to meet my oldest son's girlfriend. He is head over heels. It has been so hard to be so far away from my family.

Peggy, sounds like your procedure was a major pain. My mom went through that a while ago, but it wasn't as bad as what you experienced. I think they should do something more gentle over a longer period. I think every doctor should have it done before they can do it themselves. Glad it is over for you at least.

Dianne, sounds like a lot of work around your place. Sure you want a bigger place? I know you have been looking. Rest up. I'm sure school will work you good this year. Good luck with your sewing machine. I'm glad you are getting a second opinion. There are some real jerks out there in the repair world. Trying to sell you another machine is nothing new. If you do have to buy a new machine someday, look at janome. They are a very good value. Have you decided where to look for your new farm?

Cassi I hope you are doing better soon. It is good to know when to get professional help and when to Go at it on your own.

Erin, I'll be praying for you and your husband. Just know it isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

Well, lots to do today. Yesterday I had a migraine and ended up in bed, so today I have to do a little double time.

Later all...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  09:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Good grief, spell check had it's way with me again....scalers hip? No......scholarship. (insert swear word here).

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  12:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Just a minute for a quick hello. We finished working 7 days straight at the local farm fair, and now have everything pretty much cleaned up and put away. September is our busiest month. Tomorrow we are at a fund raiser for our local conservation area.

Peggy - I couldn't help but chuckle (even though coloscopies are no laughing matter) because all I could think of was the day I did the same prep for mine. I came home from work at noon because I had to start the prep the afternoon before the test. I had just taken my first gulps of that miserable drink when there was a knock at my door. It was a service man notifying me that the water was being shut off to the house while they did some repairs on the well pump or something - WHAT??? I JUST DRANK ALL THAT STUFF - HELP!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I barrelled over to my friend's house and camped out until the job was done. No way could I go with no water (no bathrooms) until the work was finished! It's good for a laugh now, but at the time I was in a panic!

Anyway, it's over now and hopefully you won't have to go thru it again for a LONG time!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  4:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Peggy, when I worked as a Tech in the pharmacy, I noticed that some Drs. didn't use the Nulytely or that other gallon of nasty stuff. Instead, they sent their patients in with a list that consisted of 3 items....a bottle of Magnesium Citrate, a box of laxitives and a box of suppositories....all OTC items. Of course they only used a few of the items out of each box.But, that's all they had to take! I was amazed...and thrilled to see that there were options. So, there ya go, another way, (IF) you ever need it again. ;P
Girls, I think I talked the hubby out of doing anything stupid with that skunk. I think he knows that it was a bad idea. ~~whew~~ I am one happy Gal! *giggle* I kept passing along all the messages from"Yuns!" hahaha
Erin,I saw a guy driving a pale yellow beetle this week with a plate that said"chicbug" or something girly like that. I cracked up but realized that sometimes our guys just have to bite the bullet, pull up their "Big-Boy-Drawers", and drive our cars without a fuss. hahahahaaha Right Peg? LOL Hubby had to drive mine yesterday while his was in the shop.I have flowers in vase and the back window...It is what it is. He should be thankful it wasn't Easter....I decorate with 4 of the cutest stuffed bunnies in the back window that you've ever seen! hahahahaha I'm tellin' ya, It is what it is!!! LOLROFL....and he's a big ole' boy....working at a Jail!!! ROFL
Bunny....ROFL....gotta love that spell chack!!! *guffaw*
Oh Luanne, THAT is funny...now anyhow!!! LOL
Well, a nice fast T-storm rolled through this afternoon, so now it's nice and cool.We had a gorgeous double rainbow. It stayed longer than I ever saw one hang out up there. *Thank You God* Gonna be cool all weekend(around 70)....yeaaaa....maybe I'll bake something.
Have a nice evening Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  6:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Erin, so sorry to hear about the man getting killed in a motorcycle accident. That is so tragic, especially when there are young children involved. Prayers to everyone involved.
We had rain again last night and today, then sun, and more rain tonight. It is a cold rain, had to close the windows in the house. Today was the first day I wore long pants in 3 months!!!!! I just packed all my summer clothes and dug out my sweaters and winter clothes yesterday. I though if I did that, then it would stay warm for awhile longer, but it did not work this time. Oh well. What I don't like is that it gets dark earlier now.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Janet, we're suppose to have that cold rain all day tomorrow. And yes, the darkness coming earlier is such a bummer.
My mama, was down in the dumps today so I went and got her and took her to Taggert's Ice Cream Parlor. We got"The Kitchen sink" which has 6 scoops of ice cream with 3 toppings, ground nuts, halves of pecans, tons of whip cream and 7 cherries, plus I had them add a banana. Can't have a big ole'(boat) of ice cream without a banana. LOL They give you 2 spoons to "have at it." And we did! Afterward, she hugged me and said she felt soooo much better.
Oh Yeaaa....Giant Banana Boat....it isn't just for breakfast anymore!!! hahahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  12:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

I was on here this morning chatten up a storm with all of you...and now I notice there is no evidence of that post. All I can think of is that I forget to hit the submit post button. Well, it's just been that kind of week hasn't it? LOL

Last night at Bible Study one of the gals said, "Why didn't your Dr. give you those two little pills to take instead of making you drink that awful stuff." I look at her and said, "Well, Praise God my dr. isn't in this room...because I might just have been arrested for murder!!!" So, yeah Judy...I guess there are some other alternatives out there. Grrrrr! One of the other gals said that she had gone through the same prep for a colonascopy and then went in for the procedure and they didn't have her down on the schedule that day. Soooo she begged them to work her in anywhere...because she was not going to come back a different day. LOL All of my Christian Grace and Mercy would have just flown out the window and I would have been crawling over the reception counter going after someone's throat about that time. LOL

Luanne...your story was funny too...after the fact. I would have been in crisis mode myself...because you soooooooo can not do that procedure with out LOTS of water!!!

I hope you all learned from my experience that camping out in your bathroom is really the best way to deal with it. All other rooms should be off limits!!!! Just to save yourself a lot of extra work that you really don't want.

Cherime...I thought the procedure itself was a piece of cake.
They put me under deeper than the normal "Twilight" out....because 20 yrs ago when I had one...I felt nausiated every time the turned a corner in the colon. The anastialogist came in yesterday and said, "OK Peggy, here is your cocktail, slightly shaken and not stirred." And I laughed at his joke as he put it into my IV and that is the last thing I remember until I woke up and hr and a half later in recovery. That was great...I didn't have to watch the procedure and I felt nothing.

Erin...wave, wave, wave back at ya girl.

Janet...oh, man two in two years...that is cruel and unusual punishment. My mom shared with me today that she couldn't gag that stuff down...so she has never had a colonoscopy and she is 79. I think she is way smarter than I have ever given her credit for. LOL

April...good luck on another HomeSchooling Year.
Come on when ever you can steel a few mommy minutes.

Bernadine...I am so sorry you got stung. But glad that you got a Bee suit. I would worry about being stung too.

Dianne...wow girl, you need to go back to work just so you can rest from your Holiday. Ha Ha! Whew you wore me out just reading about all you got done.

Cassie...Oh, sweet girl I am so sorry for your Mastitis. I had that in one breast when my 3rd son was born...and I was in the Hospital so sick for a week. I was ready to just have them shoot me at put me out of my misery. Oh, man I feel sooooo badly for you. Big Hugs and Prayers. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Pam...time really does fly by fast doesn't it? Oh, I haven't had apple leather since I made it for my boys when they were younger. Sounds sooo good.
You will love how fast it goes when you have a dehydrator to use instead of just the oven.
You are going to be very busy with your new Mt. Rose Herb order. How fun though!

Erin...praying for your friend and her loss. I think you should contact her and offer her your condolences. Even if they were split up...they still loved each other at one time...and she will still be hurting. And especially her mother's heart will be hurting for her children's loss.

Isn't God's timing amazing? His "Be Thankful for your husband." I get irritated at mine too, but I love him to pieces and can't imagine life without him. He is a constant tease (always at my expense) but he keeps reminding me that some day I will miss that about him.
And he is absolutely right....I will!

Bunny...I declared today..."A Perfect Day"...as, I could finally put this week "behind" me. ROFLOL Can you believe that in all of the drama of this week...my DH and I completely forgot our Anniversary yesterday????? It's not unusual for him to forget the last couple of years as he gets older...but I never forget!!! And I didn't even think about it until late this afternoon. And today is one of my step-grand-daughters birthday and I forgot that....I am just really "ME" focused this week I guess. PTL for the computer and I can go on and send her an Amazon gift card and redeem myself.
Bad Grandma!!!

Judy...they made me take over the counter Dulcolax and Gas X...before I drank that gallon of Yuck!
By the way my Dr. called today and my pollops were not cancerous (PTL) but he said I need to be checked again in 5 years instead of the 10 yrs he told me before. I guess they consider pollops a pre-cancerous condition. We will see about the 5 year thing.Maybe I'll have some time to get over my upset by then. Maybe NOT! (+:

Janet...glad to hear that you are getting some cooler weather.
We were 98 her today.

Judy...Gosh, I bet Mama was cheered up after that little outing...I would be.
Yummy! I think Dessert for everymeal...is just our right as American Citizens don't you? Ha Ha!

Ok...well, here's to a much better week next week...no ifs, ands, or butts about it!!!! LOL!

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 08 2012 10:01:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page