Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  10:08:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm still hear. Lurking mostly. Had a few bad days and just didn't want to talk about it. Mom is in Eureka visiting an old flame. She has already decided she is moving I. With him. So much for her LDS faith and marriage. She says he wants her to move in with him. Time will tell. My sister may be getting back with her 3 time xhusband. That means she will be moving back here. Not good. She is a tornado personality. You never know where or when she is going to go off and do damage. Not looking forward to that. She has a close relationship with my mom and will be here all the time. It will be very stressful to say the least.

I finally got a pet sitting job. I'm still stressing about money for living expenses. I didn't get the whole year scholarship. They only are paying for one class a quarter. I was hoping for more to offset my financial aid so I wouldn't have to worry about money. No such luck. I have enough to get me by for 4 months and anything can happen of course.

School starts Monday. I alway stress the first few weeks until I get a routine down for homework.

Not much else going on. Just trying to be calm and keep going.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  11:24:37 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...my new Motto:

KEEP CALM AND EAT A CUPCAKE! (does wonders for your mood)

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  11:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Im still here and life is GREAT!!!! Way to busy thou so Im sitting down this weekend and making lists of what to do first. Have a good day !!! I'll try to stop by later after the tupperware party to caught up.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  3:16:50 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited! I just got a job at the college library! It is part of my financial aid and it is only about 10 hours a week but it is the job I was hoping for. When I went to the orientation for the jobs available I was told they had already picked someone. I told the coordinator how disappointed I was because I had tried to get library jobs before but didn't have any experience. But then I just got an email from the college saying the library had hired me. Prayer worked! Yea!
So relieved I won't have to worry about money for the next year at school.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  4:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
I just looked back to see how long it has been since I was on the porch. I know I have been busy but 14 days, 2 weeks is way toooooo long. No wonder I am exausted. I have not had a chance to sit and sip tea and chat.

Please know that you are in my prays even if I am not on the porch.

Bunny the machine has some issues but is still useable. I just don't want a new one I want my old one to work right. :(
As for the farm we are not sure where. We are looking a little farther north as we both like pine trees. I just feel when the right one comes a long I will know.

Erin Praying for the family. Death is always hard to handle.

Cassie I hope you are better now.

Shanda what are you knitting?

Lynette glad your Dad is better. And good for you! I would be mad as a wet hen!

Lindsey I hope your feeling better now. The crud is no fun!

Ruthie Ann I will pray for your DD's mission trip. It is hard to decide were to go. Tell her to pray. God will direct her.

Judy so laughing at your tea story. Been there done that and probbaly will again. LOL

Lynette Hope your son's sholder is better. Saying a prayer

TLTammy I know what you mean about disrespect. This year the freshamn act like they have never been taught any manners. Ok not all of them are that bad, but it seems like most of them are. Wears a body out when all you do is discipline.

I am in bed by 9:30 because both DH and I need to be up by 5:30am. I am so envious of those that get to sleep till 10am. 7am is sleeping in to me.

Angela Amen to everything Peggy said. My oldest DD's in-laws are like that and none of us
understand why. Praying for you and your family.

Cherime I got upset over the city bill Water, sewer, garbage, and electricity being $210. That was nothing compared to or bill.

Bunny can your mama say a prayer for my microwave. It is about to go out again!

Shanda oh you poor thing. I am so sorry you had to be the one to find this stuff. Praying for you and for T. She must have been desperate.

Cherime I will keep your DD in prayer.

Patsy thank you for the group hug. Maybe we need to do that on a regular basis.

Peggy adding Kim to the list. It is a good thing our God is so awesome He can handle all of this with out breaking a sweat. We on the other hand sweat through all of it.

Judy congrats on the apartment for your Mama.

Shandra Praying! Banging on the gates of heaven!

Tracy that is such a cute sweater. Your dog looks very handsome and ready for the next game.

Angela three cheers for that man! A family tat wonderful.

Kimberly glad you dropped by. Know that you are in my prayers every day.
I will stop by your blog when I can. Life is crazy busy for me right now.

I need to end this for now. Almost caught up. LOL
I new I needed some time on the porch. My headache is gone, my stress is less. Even with all the arrow prayers I have been shooting to God, time here with all of you is a blessing.

Tea and the food is good to. LOL

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  5:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Evening Ladies!

It's been a busy day here! Well - kinda. haha. It seemed busy to me. The kiddos have been systematically following me from room to room undoing any cleaning and tidying I was doing so I threw up the white flag of surrender. Instead - We dumped out all of Monsters wooden blocks and built things for Miss Raspberry to knock over (she was our Godzilla.) I did a lot of research while she slept today on how much it's going to cost us to get Monster in a big boy bed. We're doing that next weekend. We're hoping to visit one of the potential farms this weekend. The one my hubby loved sold today...We had an appointment to see it on Saturday, haha. Oh well. Wasn't meant to be!

Peggy - My sister and I did a flour fight once. We found flour in the oddest places for the next year. Whoops. We also got in BIG trouble, haha. I know exactly what you mean about the book. I hate when that happens with a book. It makes me so mad! I always have a book (or seven, haha) by my side. Book nerd for life right here!

Bunny - How exciting! Congratulations!! One of my favorite jobs I ever had was at my old County's library. Soooo much fun!

Netty - I'm sorry to hear about your sugar bottoming out. That can't be fun. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Well - I need to go see about a few more things to get Monster's new big boy bed operation up and running. I'll sit with you ladies another time.

Hugs to all who need or want them :)

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  7:23:26 PM  Show Profile
howdy ladies,
well thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. My little butterflies were in rare form today. How often is it that 3 teachers come to my room to inform my class they are loud and noisy. Needless to say Madame Butterfly clipped some wings today. But oh what a delight to come home after a long day and find one of my tea orders awaiting me in my mailbox. Brought a smile.
ok here is a picture of my tea gadget. Judy I wish it was a butler but no such luck..hahahah

Here it is. You pour your water in there and let it steep. Now I know that is not fun but wait until you see the next one.

then you put the gadget on your cup and it will automatically put the tea in your cup with no tea leaves and when you lift off it stops automatically I thought that was cool and for the life of me i can't remember what they call it and i threw the box away with the name...hmmmm

And here is a picture of my sweet new house

well tht is all for tonight. I have tired wings. These butterflies wear me out.
Love to all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  7:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Today was a busy day for me here. The sun was out, then it would rain, then sun, then rain all day, so did not work outside. I moved some furniture around in the bedroom and livingroom, getting things ready for the cold winter ahead. So far we did not have to turn the heat on, but all the windows are now closed. BooHoo!!!!! It is in the 60s in the house, so that isnot too bad yet.
Then this afternoon I had to go for a mammogram. Glad that is done. I don't have to work tomorrow, so will have a whole week off, I think!!!! I did a load of laundry, but have 2 more to do to catch up.
My brother in law stopped by and raked up acorns to feed the deer for hunting season, he will be back in the morning to finish. That saves me a whole lot of work. Bob mowed the lawn the other day, but the acorns did not pick up. We have tons of them!!!! BIL could not get over how many there were.
Dianne, glad to have you drop by. Glad you could relax on the porch for awhile. You sound busy with school. Hope you can sit with us more often.
Peggy, yes, fresh bedding feels and smells so good. That is my aim as soon as I catch up on the rest of the laundry. I still have the bedding in the camper to do also and get that winterized and closed up for the winter. Hopefully this weekend.Love your new motto. Makes sense to me!!! LOL!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  7:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, we posted at the same time. Love your house!!!! It looks so homey. The tea gadget looks interesting. Looks like it saves alot of mess. Glad you like it.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  7:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, mine is called a Timolino gravity coffee & tea maker!I paid $10.00 for mine and a month later got 3 more of them for $3.99 each. Accckkk! I hate when that happens. But I gave Patsy one, gave one away for a gift to the FGOTM that I chose after me. So I still have one left. It will make a nice gift to someone who appreciates tea. Patsy uses hers for coffee. I guess they use them in cafe's in NYC. and other big cities. They're all the rage.
Tammy, your home is lovely. Great windows!
Netty, sure hope you get that sugar under control real soon! You poor thing!
Bunny, Congrats on getting that job you wanted! Hooooraaaayyy!!!
Prayers requested for my BIL please. He was feeling a lot better after his(supposed)gallbladder troubles. Today he felt like he was getting the flu. Tonight he went to the hospital in their small town and they life-flighted him to the bigger hospital in Ashland. They think it's his heart.Will keep you posted as we know anything.
These are hard times girls. We all are feeling the pinch,the pain and the problems of loved ones all around us.
As my Mama says, "Old Age Ain't For Sissies!" Ain't it the truth!
G'nite Girls!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  9:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Tammy your house looks sweet
DEW Thank you for the prayers, you have no idea how much I covet them!
Bunny Congrats on the job!
Netty I'm a hyploglecemic so I get the blood sugar thing. Hope you get it regulated quickly
Judy Praying for your BIL.

I experienced a little miracle today. Waiting to see how it will turn out. I have Satin rabbits and one of my does has some babies I'm very interested in keeping. One of them disapeared. Just gone. No clue how. I dug through the nest box and couldn't find it. Door was closed, it twas a mystery. Then today I'm out doing chores and I see the little tyke walking around by the cages. Two barn cats were very interested, if you catch my meaning. I picked him/her up and put it back in the nest. Came back to check again a while later and it was out again!!!! Keep in mind these are cages and the door is closed, no way out. So I grabbed it again and put it back in. Hoping the momma will mother it and all will be well. But I was pretty excited to find it. Feel so sorry for it and I'm wondering how it survived all this time on it's own with all those po'cats around.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  02:14:35 AM  Show Profile
Hey Madame Butterfly...I have one of those nifty tea gadgets too. Mine is called
Ingenui-TEA by Adagio Teas. My son bought it for me a few years ago and it is absolutely
great for loose tea. I love it! Mine is shaped a little different than yours but the very
same concept.

Oh, your house is soooooo cute. It looks more like a cozy little cottage than a Farm.
You must be so happy in it. What a wonderful blessing.

Tell those little butterflies to be kind and respectful...or you will push them back into
their cacoons. LOL

Cassi...oh, man a flour fight would be brutal...worse than feathers from a pillow. I bet your
mama was not a happy lady. LOL

Diane...my goodness girl you were gone too long. You did really good catching up though.

Bunny...congrats on the job at the College Library! How fabulous! Thank You Lord huh? That is
awesome. I am still praying about your living situation with your mom wanting to move in with
friend. Maybe your sister will get cold feet at the last minute and not move back. You can
always hope and pray anyway. LOL

Netty...you sound like you have some crazy health issues going on. It is like something is really
messing with your Sugar Levels besides food. Have you had that checked into? I am praying for you.
I haven't been behaving myself and have just been eating horribly...but my sugar levels don't seem
to be going whackey too often. I have got to kick myself in the backside and get with the program
and start eating better. I find when money is tight...I start eating junk because it is cheaper
than the fresh fruits and vegetables. And I feel so blah and un-healthy.

OK girls it is 2:11 in the morning and I am going straight to bed...I am not even reading tonight.
My dog will be getting me up way earlier than I want him too....as it is. I had Bible Study tonight
and it was really good. We got into some deep debates and discussions (so fun...I love it!)

Well...I am off to count sheep...I don't think I'll get past 5, I am so tired.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 21 2012 02:21:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  08:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning
Ok it is morning for those that do not get up early. LOL

Judy love the bathroom story. It did make me laugh. And yes I could use a good laugh this morning.

Peggy I am sooo with you on the book thing. I want to be entertained too. I want a good ending. If I want real life I will watch the news!

Lynette you need to get that checked out. I know it is scary. But if you don't know what is wrong you can't get it fixed. We are here and praying for you.

Bunny Woo Hoo congrats on the job.

TLTammy love the tea gadget. I really love the stone front on the house.

Judy I will pray for your BIL. How scary.

The bell has rung. Sounds ominous dosen't it. LOL Could be my 2nd period class is really a
tough class.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  09:48:44 AM  Show Profile
That tea gadget looks cool. I'll have to look for one. I use loose teas all the time. Well, I talked to my mom yesterday. Her friend fell the first day she was there. She was all hell bent on moving in with him and I tried to explain to her that he is 82 years old and is probably looking more for a nurse than anything. With him falling it hit home right away. Her comment was "you were right. He is an old man". I was kind of looking forward to her moving actually. I would have had the house to myself. Sad to say I understand her looking for a way to deal with her future and possibly losing her house. I'll be able to help for a while but eventually I want to move out and on my own someday.

Netty, funny about the blanket. We have a major wind problem here too. I would never even try. Glad you found your blankie though.

Tammy your house is cute. I agree it looks like a cozy little cottage. Sounds like you are getting your butterflies trained.

Dianne, glad your homeless kids aren't as bad as you thought. But trust me, not having a permanent place to call home is still scary. I feel homeless here with my mom. I know things could change quickly. The emotional strain can wear on you. I'm glad they have someone on their side.

Judy, only you would get stuck in a bathroom with a folding door. I bet your husband could write quite a book about your "experiences". At least you got stuck on the inside and not the outside before hand. So glad your Mom has a new home.
Sorry about your BIL. Glad he is off to the hospital though. Hopefully he will get better now. Hate the thought of the hospital bill though. Will pray for him.

Peggy! Go to bed! Sounds like you need a nice cup of Sleepy Time Tea!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Janet...I hate havin to keep my windows closed too. I'm just startin on my winterizin around here. I'll get it done a little at a time.

Judy...Your BIL is on the prayer list for sure!

Netty...I've chased my fair share or stuff blown off the clothes line! I usually end up fishin it out of the cattails at the edge of the pond though! That always stinks! I lost my clothes line when we moved. If the nieghbors move in a few months like they said I might be able to put a small one up. The backyard smells like dog poo from their massive mut and them not pickin it up. I'm waitin patiently though.

Bunny...Congats on the job!

I've been loungin and loafin most of this week. I have a mountain of laundry and nothin thawed or planned for dinner tonight. I guess I need to get my duff off this couch a little more often. Lol! I have been busy in a way. Hubby traded one of his many guitars for a small drum set! I have been lookin up videos for him to learn how to play them. I also found a few people who give lessons and might be willin to trade for guitar lessons. He was thrilled about that.

I also have been studyin up on beadin and jewelry makin tryin to learn some of the newer methods. I was taught by a nearly 80y/o gentleman back when I was about 13y/o. Needless to say, it has been many years since then and now I am faced with shoppin in regular stores for my supplies. I had always bought them at the NMLRA shoot and flea market, but nearly all of my suppliers aren't on the circuit anymore, so I am searchin out new places to find them. I was told by a shop owner that I am so far behind the times I am in danger of not bein able to locate any supplies. I need to update my methods and material choices so I can continue to create if my 'old school' things disappear.

I guess I was a little taken aback by a woman much older than me standin there tellin me I was 'old school'. I thought I was really good at my beadwork and I thought that the basic supplies I used were timeless. I guess not. I'm just not real sure I care for the newer styles and the newer materials. I can't weave with most of them and I definitely can't put them on my beadin loom.

I even found a place that sells machine woven, premade, sections for addin into 'handmade' jewelry! I have always made my own and that's the main thing I do on my jewelry! Wow! I definitely wouldn't call theirs 'handmade'!

Okay! Enough rantin about time passin by. I guess I really did start off a little behind the times in the first place. I just don't like bein reminded that I'm gettin older.

I guess I'll get on that laundry now. I apparently need to free up my weekend for some library time and some catalog requestin time.

Oh! By the way, I'm goin to see that local band I like agian this weekend! Hubby got us some free tickets for Saturday night! Yeah!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  12:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...boy this day went by fast. I can hardly believe that it is after midnight.
I am tired but more due to this change in weather. Not overly in pain but can't seem to get enough rest.

My gal came this morning to do my floors and bathrooms. She is just such a delight
and huge help. The rest I can pretty much keep up on...especially with no longer having
a yard to maintain.

I needed to read a book for my Book Reading Group but I am broke until payday...so, she
down loaded her audible version on my phone while she was here this morning...so, now I
am listening to it. I would rather read a book than listen to books, but hey...sometimes "FREE" is a very NICE thing! Especially a week before payday. LOL

Just 6 days until my Bible Study Retreat at the Coast. I can hardly wait. It is a huge highlite
every Fall. Lots of Laughter, lots of shopping, Lots of Laughter, lots of eating out, Lots of
shopping, lots of Laughter, 4 totally Carefree Days Away From Home and Work for all of us.
It doesn't get any better than that girls! And did I mention Lots of
Shopping!

Love ya all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 22 2012 12:29:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  05:08:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey y'all, stopped by the porch to catch up, and have some coffee. Took awhile to read-up, y'all have been busy, busy! Now I only have a few minutes before my coffee break is over and the to-do list takes over.

Quick update: My friend T is doing fine, Doctors say no long term damage was done (Thank you GOD), just have to keep a watch on her liver. She did get pneumonia from being on a vent, but she was released from the hospital and is at her home with her family. Looks like her current employer was interviewed by the sheriff dept. and they let T go. SHe had a panic attack after that, but her mom helped her cope. I feel so bad for her. I know the saying- you reap what you sow. And T did alot of sowing, I just hate watching the reaping part. I've been interviewed again, and they said they'll be back with more questions and requested more reports from our bookkeeping. So I am crazy busy, trying to keep up with the current work, preparing reports for them and having to start a new ledge (the old one is now evidence) going back this year atleast for correct tax info for 2012. Who knows what we'll have to do for the other 3 years of records.

I wish I could comment on everyones post, I love reading them, but my mind is mush this morning. I will say that the bathroom story made me laugh! And the Tea gadgit, I don't know what it's called either, but I got one from Teavana and I love it! And the blanket flying off the clothes line! ha ha! I wonder if the apartment people would mind if I hung clothes outside? They would probably go missing!

Anyway, today I am letting go. I'm going to town for some Hobby Lobby therapy. I've made myself sick over alll that has happened...my fibro is a mess and I've been running fever.....but I'm putting my foot down, time to pull it together and destress. Hobby Lobby is the best place to start!

Blessings and Happy Saturday y'all. Love my Farmgirl Sisterhood!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Angela boy do I hear that. We moved to Alaska in 1978 about 5 years later I gave up making jewelry and metal sculpture. When the ex and I split it was such a bad case of coyote ugly that I let him keep everything but my share of the land. When I got back into jewelry making I had to relearn a whole lot of stuff and since I did not have a place to really work, was not able to get back into sculpture. Look at the newsletter Jewelry Making Daily on the internet. They send out a lot of stuff to buy but often they have free ebooks to download. Also Beading Daily newsletter.
Shanda glad to hear that. I know how it goes on replying to all sometimes difficult to do when you get behind.
Netty take care of your self.
Peg, you too.
Blessings on all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  12:21:04 AM  Show Profile

Does anyone know what this flower is? One of my neighborhood photos I recently took.
It looks like a giant Honey Suckle to me. Pretty huh?

OK Girls...I just lost everything I typed. You would think I would learn to ALWAYS use my STICKY NOTES!!! As that happens so often to me.

Anyway....

Netty...wouldn't that be so cool if we could have all us Porchies meet for a Beach Retreat??? That would be a blast...though I know most of us couldn't financially swing it...we can always dream. Maybe we should have a Porch Virtual Retreat. LOL
~ I have never heard of Leymah Gbowee or "Pray The Devil back to Hell" but when I am done I am going to google her and see what I can find. She sounds very fascinating.

Angela & Cherime...I never dreamed that your jewelry making could become "Old School". I thought once you had the skill and the tools you had it made. You both taught me something...we always have to remain "Teachable" no matter if it is in
The Word, in our Professions, In our
Craft or just in everyday life. We have to be always growing and advancing not remaining stagnent.
Awesome!

Shanda...I Praise His Holy Name that your friend T did not succeed in taking her own life.
Nothing like compounding her problems. I hope someone has the chance to remind her that God will never leave her nor forsake her. We can not fall so far...that He cannot reach us.
If Moses was a murderer and God used him, If David was an adulterer and murderer and God used Him, If Peter denied he even knew Jesus and God used him, and if Saul/Paul persecuted Christians to the point of death and God could use him
(these are just a very few of a long list of sinners and their sins) then God can forgive her and someday use her for His good and His Glory once again. All she has to do is quit running away from him and turn around and run straight into his arms. He will forgive her and He will cause others to forgive her...though she will still have to deal with the consequences of her actions. He will never leave her nor forsake her.
Maybe you aren't the one to be able to share that with her...but I sure wish I could. She needs to hear it right now.

Bunny...I am glad that you had that talk with your mom about moving in with her friend. He is old and from what you have shared about your mom...her health is not that great that she should become a care giver for someone else. Still praying for you about your living situation if your mom does move.
So totally excited for you about your Librarian Job at the College. How awesome is that? God is so good!

Well, it has been quiet on the Porch today!!!

My youngest son and fiance' came by today to tell us that she is pregnant! We are so excited to be grandparents again...but really hope we can get them married before baby arrives. We are shooting for a November Wedding but only time will tell. They have set so many dates but always let life get in their way. They have lived together for 3 yrs...she has her engagement ring...it's time to seal the deal! LOL Especially with baby on the way. Geesh! Always the cart before the horse these days. But it isn't babies fault. And it will be very loved and cared for by all.

OK...off to bed so I can make it for Church tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 23 2012 12:27:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  07:21:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello Gals! I spent the afternoon at Mom's apartment, washing windows. Man were they dirty. Yuck! She gets some great breezes over there. She'll love that.
My BIL is still in the hospital. They can't find out where the infection is coming from. Doing another ultra-sound today. He has a heart-murmur and the beginnings of diabetes. He had a lot of facial swelling too, but that went down. Please keep Jim in your Prayers!
...and Patsy too. You know how all that stress can take it out of a spouse. She stayed there last night,so that helped.
Will tell you more as I know it. Thanks Gals!
Well, off to read the Sunday news with Hubby.
Have a Blessed Sunday!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  12:07:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bunny I meant to tell you congrats on the library job. Good word to your mom. Also praying that the tornado will quiet down and stay quiet.
Judy, praying.
Peg, There are so many changes in tools and stuff that one has to keep on studying in order to keep current with stuff. Sort of like studying the Bible when something that you have seen a thousand times suddenly jumps out at you.
Have a great day all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  4:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Peg, it looks like a trumpet vine.
Well, now they've put Patsy and Jim in quarantine. Since they don't know what it is, they aren't taking any chances.
They thought it might be a tick. But Jim told them that he didn't get bit that he knows of.
I guess he's so swollen that Patsy has to feed him because he can't bend his arms.He's not on solid food either.
They said his blood is infected. This is scary girls! Help!They need all the Prayers they can get!
How did this go from gallbladder pains to quarantine? ...and so fast too!He's still considered critical care!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  6:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Judy, prayers are being sent to Patsy and her husband. I can't imagine how scary that has to be, not knowing what it is and how to treat it. Please keep us posted on their progress. I do hope they find out what it is fast so they can treat it correctly.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy, will be praying for Patsy and Jim. Such scary news. I hope the doctors can figure out what is wrong soon.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  8:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I'm praying for Patsy and Jim...and for you because you are so worried.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page