Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  01:03:00 AM  Show Profile
Judy...what the heck is going on with Jim????
Wow...that sounds just horrible. Just sent a prayer up on their behalf and yours and mama's too. That is just the strangest thing I have heard in a very long time. Going from galbladder to swelling of the face and arms??? Keep us posted as you hear more. We will all keep praying.

And yes, I think you might very well be right about the Trumpet Vine. I thought of that too even though I have never seen one before. It looks like little red trumpets.

I did make it up for Church...though I wasn't sure if I was going to go or not because I was in a lot of pain. But I pushed myself up and out of bed. Took the dog for a shorter walk...then came home and got ready for Church. Youngest son & fiance' came to pick me up as DH wasn't feeling like going. The Service was fabulous and it was a Baptism Weekend. We stayed for twenty minutes and watched some of the baptisms...but there looked like about two hundred people being baptised from this service and there was one more service to go. So, we figured they were going to be going for awhile. We went from Church and grabbed some Taco Time just to hold us over until dinner. The kids made country ribs in the Crockpot...and brought everything over again for Sunday Dinner about 6pm. We had a great meal and then played Yahtzee afterwards.

The kids are so excited about the baby...they went looking at baby furniture this afternoon. I think they are jumping the gun a bit. But I am happy for their
enthusiasm and excitement. Can anybody say "Wedding"?????

OK...I am off to bed.
Long day...but a great one.

Hugs and Prayers
for all,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. First day of school jitters. My first class is Algebra. Then off to the office to sign employee papers and then to the library for scheduling. I know it will all work out. But my first two weeks are always stressful.
I did get my blog post done for the blog hop I'm in. October 2 is the date. I'm blogging about how to use a quilt design software program to make digital art. I turned some quilt designs into art and am printing them on cards. Then I'm selling them on Etsy. Here is what one of the sets looks like.

I already have a Christmas set in the works. I really hope people like these. My mom was amazed. I thought they turned out pretty good. The cards look much better in person.

Anyway, I need to get going. Have kitties across town to feed and school. Prayers for everyone's health and family. Especially Jim and Patsy! Judy keep us informed. I know we are all worried too.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  07:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Before I start on my good news - Judy, your family is also in my prayers. I can not imagine how frightening that must be to have someone in critical care that no one knows how to treat! Just makes a sore spot in the pit of my stomach

I wanted to tell y'all, I got a venue yesterday. It's a ranch that belongs to an old friend of my Daddy... it's about an hour and a half away from our house, but not a big deal. That's "goin down the street" in Texas, I guess haha!!

The owner built this place to have carriage races, as well as having Single Action Shooters Society matches. The buildings are made to look like old west buildings, and most of them have a shooting stage in the back. There's a working saloon, and a beautiful little church with a gorgeous yard and gathering area out front. Josh and I want to have an outdoor wedding, so we think we'll have Brother Rubin (the preacher who agreed to marry us) on the steps of the church, my brother walks me from the General Store (where the sidewalk begins) to Josh on the gathering area below an oak tree and a mesquite tree. And, if it does happen to rain, we can get married inside the church! The pavillion area has been decorated, has a kitchenette and a coffee area, restrooms... everything we need. And the pictures.... Oh I hope I can get our friend John to take the pictures!!!

I'm just so excited that we were able to get in at Agarita Ranch to have our wedding! I better get working on my dress!!! I just can't wait till April!!!!! :D

I hope this monday morning is finding you all well, and for those who aren't doing all to well, I hope it gets better soon!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  10:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Miranda, that is great news!!!!! I am anxious to see your dress when you finish it.
Bunny, best of luck with your new school year. I love the quilt cards you are making. You have such talent.
More later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Bunny those are great! I really do like them.
Judy will continue to pray.
Peg, one would think that marriage would enter the equation at some point.
Miranda that is good news. And I know what you mean when the kids were teenagers going to a movie meant driving 180 miles in one direction. Alaska measures distance in time instead of miles.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  7:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, they still don't have a clue what's wrong with Jim. At 10Pm he's going down to have an MRI on his arms. He's heavily sedated so that he can lay on cold steel for 3 hours during the proceedure. How awful! They ruled out tick bite so they are out of quarantine.
He's been tested for immune disease, but no results yet. I think we have a new disease here girls. It has everyone baffled. Like Patsy said today, 2 days ago he could feed himself, now he can't even move, he's in so much pain. And he's still swollen up like the Michlen man(Patsy's words),his muscles are locked up and water is seeping out of his pores. When the Doc came in while we were online with her, we asked questions like, could it be ALS or Myasthenia Gravis?(Dave's mom has that)His blood is so infected.It just isn't making sense.Even the Doc said, "you are a perfectly healthy man, but this has knocked you down!" It just tears my heart out to see him going thru this....and Patsy too.She had to go down the hall out of earshot so she couldn't hear him screaming when they tried to bath him and change his bed today. She said he was so hoarse when she went back in that he could only whisper for a drink!
Patsy said to Thank all of you for your Prayers!
Jim's Niece created a site on www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamesshuman where you can sign up and follow the proceedure he's going thru,if you are interested in this whole mystery disease. You can leave some notes of encouragement for them there too in the Guestbook.
Between Jim getting sick and getting Mama's place ready to move into....Dave decided to paint the whole downstairs. Like I really needed to add THAT to my list right now. Luckily, he's doing it himself. But you know how messy men can be. And WHO'S going to have to clean up after him??? Yeah....Me! *sigh*
Going to bed early(10 PM) Brain dead!
Nite Porchies!Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  8:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Just wanted to quick stop and say 'Hey!' Things are going very well here, school and rugby are all going great, along with the new perks of being an upperlcasswoman! I send hugs and prayers to anyone who needs them, and lovelovelove to everyone here!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  12:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Patsy and Judy...praying for Jim and the entire family.
Judy thanks for sharing about Jim's Web Page...I went on there and posted a note....and will keep checking it until I hear he is out of the Hospital and back to normal.

Megan...glad you popped in tonight girlie. Hope you are having a blast at school. Any boyfriends on the horizon yet this year?

Miss Miranda...Oh, your Wedding Venue sounds just perfect. I am so happy for you. Keep us posted as plans move forward. And yes, we want to see your dress when you get it finished.

Bunny...love your quilting Art. I want to buy some notecards when you get them ready to sell. Keep me posted.

Cherime...I am hearing more baby talk than Wedding talk...but I am sure they will get with reality soon.

OK...I need to go to bed...can't seem to get enough sleep the last week. Today I even tried a vial of Bee Pollen and Gensing and it did nothing for me.

Three days until my Retreat. That ought to energize me.

Night All,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  05:01:52 AM  Show Profile
I have been away for awhile and would love to come sit a spell and get caught up on the doings around and about!

Ecc. 4:12 ...a strand of three cords is not quickly broken.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  06:18:12 AM  Show Profile
Judy, prayers are still being sent for Jim and Patsy. I do hope they find something soon so he is not is so much pain.
Megan, it was good to hear from you. So glad things are going so well for you. How is the job?
Peggy, congratulations on a new baby on the way. I am sure they will think wedding after the baby thing slows down some. Sounds like all of you are excited.The retreat sounds like fun for all. I am sure you will enjoy it and time will fly so fast.
Welcome back Nancy, yes, sit a spell and get caught up. What is new in your life? We would love to hear from you.
Gotta go, having luch with a friend today, then off to grocery shop. Have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  07:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone -

Just popping in for a real quick hello. My computer died about 2 weeks ago, and I still don't have it back from the repair shop. I'm using the computer at work right now, which is a BIG NO NO, so don't want to get in trouble.

Miss you all!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  10:55:56 AM  Show Profile
Nancy and Luanne, good to see you here. We missed you. Luanne, we don't want you to get into trouble at work. Hope you get your commuter fixed soon.

Peggy, my cards are on my etsy website if you want to check them out. Just let me know which ones you want and email me. We can do our usual process unless you want to use a credit or debit card. Then just use etsy. The link is at the bottom of my posts. Where it says "handmade stuff.

Well, first day at school tuckered me out. My algebra class was a bit fast for me. I haven't seen algebra in over 40 years. But she taught the class as if she was just reviewing everything. I am of course the oldest I. The class. I could bearly keep up. Thankfully my grade is based on test scores and nothing else and there is a tutoring room if I get into trouble. I then had lunch and worked my first day in the library. I'm trying to do 5 hours two days a week after my algebra class and lunch. I lasted two hours and was just too tired to stay any longer. I really don't have much time available any other days because of so much homework. I'm going to have to start packing Aleve and monster energy drinks to get through. I guess I'm truly a college student when I start abusing caffeine and pain pills. Lol. I'll get through come hell or high water.

Anyway, today is algebra day. Lots of homework.I have a quiz already tomorrow. Lovely!

Prayers for Jim and Patsy...Judy I know you will keep us informed.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  1:03:14 PM  Show Profile
Blessings Bunny. Praying for strength for you. :>)
Luanne will be glad when you get that computer fixed.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  3:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi All
Hope everyone had a great weekend
Saturday was busy, Finished getting the corn in the freezer and making plum jam with my oldest DD. After cleaning up my DH got home and we headed out to see the alpacas. I will have to remember my camera so I can show you all a picture of the 2 we are buying.
Sunday was more laid back. I was not feeling to well. I think I am coming down with a head cold. We had so much smoke here from the fires that my sinuses are all messed up. It did rain Sunday. not a lot but enough to wash the smoke out of the air.

Lynette that must have been some wind to blow it off the line like that.

Bunny the funny thing is you would not be considered homeless because you live with a parent. Just like my son is not homeless because he lives with me, but my gkids are considered homeless. They live at the gparents home not the parents home. The rules on this are so strange.

Angela Your jewelry is probably much better than theirs. I learned to weave beads on a loom ages ago. LOL But I still like the look of real handmade and not put together pre-made stuff.

Judy want to come do my windows? LOL I do not like washing windows.
Keeping Jim and Patsy and you in prayer.

Peggy congrats on a new Gkid. I love shopping for baby things as long as it is someone elses baby. LOL I am so way past the baby days.

Miranda congrats on finding the ranch for the wedding. It sounds wonderful.

Bunny they look really neat. I always wanted to try the quilt software. But time is not my friend.

Nancy Dawn welcome back. Here have a rocking chair and rest a spell.

Bunny I remember going back to college and haveing to take algebra. I was lucky I had to of my kids at home and both of them got me through it. Good Luck!

I am off to check on the After School classes. They should be about done. Almost time to go home. Yea!!!!

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  5:59:44 PM  Show Profile
Girls, Girls....we are so excited andanted to share the Joy. We are Praising God for His Promises...He will never leave us nor forsake us!
About an hour ago Jim raised his arms off the bed halfway to his head. 5 minutes ago....he got out of bed and used the potty chair. We were all cheering him on and Praising God. Then his neice says,"You realize that we are cheering him on...on the potty!" Who cares we said, he's up. It's been 6 days!He's up. God does all things in HIS time, not ours. Right? Amen? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
*laughing,crying,giddy* Keep him in your Prayers and Patsy too. She's wore out. Wouldn't even go home and leave him for a few hours so she could get some sound sleep.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 26 2012 3:06:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  12:49:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

I am really tired, but had to get on and read and rejoice about JIM. That is so Awesome. To God
Be The Glory!!!

Hi Nancy and Luanne...glad to have you both back on.

Bunny...good idea about the Aleve and energy drinks. I will check out your Etsy Stuff when I get
back from Retreat.

Dianne...good to have you on The Porch today too. Plum Jam sounds yummy! Can't wait to see your
2 alpacca's.

I think we are going to be having a Wedding on Nov. 16th. Finally! God has more than one way to pull
a wedding together. LOL

OK...I'm off for tonight!

Hugs and Pleasant Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  03:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies, Got a Strong cup of coffee in hand and some Cranberry Orange Muffins to start the day. Wanna share? What are your plans today? I think after I feed the critters, I am going to try designing a tag for my crafts. Any suggestions? I am crazy about Fall and my stuff comes from The Crafty Shack @ 1115. And on the subject of tags, how did yall come up with your tags?

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  08:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Judy, soooo happy to hear Jim is on the mend. I guess what ever it was just had to go it's course. Will say a prayer of thanks and one to keep the positive momentum going.

Peggy, fancy weddings are over rated. I'm sure the event will be wonderful.
Have fun at your retreat!

Nancy, welcome! When you say you need a tag for your crafts, do you mean words or an actual attached tag? I guess the word is branding. What is it about you that is special, different or interesting. For me,it's my cat Alex. He is into everything I do. So I changed my name on everything to "curious orange cat" I choose a font and sometimes just use the title. I also bought some round sticker labels online and put my name and email address on them. If I want a really fancy price tag for craft showers, I cut out tags with my Cricut using cool paper stock, put a sticker on the back with item info and price.
I bet that is more than you wanted to know. Lol

Have fun!

I did get my first order on my Etsy site yesterday for my cards. So excited. She also bought a tea pouch. Hopefully it will be the start of something good!

Need to get ready for school. Hopefully I'll make it though the whole day this time.

Later all. .

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  10:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Bunny! I appreciate those tips. I want to put the name of the shop (HAHAHAHA) on a tag or label. But I want something more to make it stand out. I want someone to keep the tag cause its as cute as the craft. ;)

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  3:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Well, they are back in quarantine, Jim has a c-diff bacteria bug and it's contagious. It's just one thing after another isn't it? Man!
I've been gone all day cleaning cabinets at Mom's new place and getting the gas turned on. So I haven't been on Skype to talk to the family at all. I came in and sat down on the carpet to talk to Dave and the cat and crashed and laid there for awhile. The cat wondered why Mom was on his rug. hahaha Dave asked,"Are ya tired?" (really?) Of course I'm tired! Painting, cleaning the apartment, stressing over Jim!I'm shot! hahaha Thanks for all of your Prayers so far. We are feeling them!
ThankYouThankYouThankYou!
I'll be back to "chat" one of these days. *sigh*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 26 2012 3:18:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2012 :  8:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so sorry to hear that Jim is contagious. At least now they know what he has and hopefully be able to treat him properly. Praying still for all of you. When is mom moving into her new place? Wish I lived closer to help. I know what a job it is to clean and move. Hope you are getting some rest now.
Bunny, congratulations on your Etsy orders. Hope you do very well on there. You do such beautiful work.
Luanne, hope you get your computer fixed soon. I know how hard it is to be without one.
Nancy Dawn, would love to see what you come up with for your tags.
Peggy, that is wonderful that you have a wedding to look forward to. I am sure everything will go smoothly.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  08:00:30 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! I slept like a rock last night.Slept about 9 hours. Had cricks&creaks everywhere this morning.hahaha
They still haven't received the test results back from the MRI they did 3 days ago. That has me wondering. What are they gonna spring on the poor guy next. Yes, Patsy is in quarantine with Jim. They're saying 5 days of that(or more). ~UGH~ She said he sat in a recliner yesterday for 6 hours....til his butt got sore and (flat)he said. hahaha Jim has a flat butt to begin with. hahahaha We laughed about that. Patsy said that his upper legs and his forearms and hands are swelled this morning and that even the sheet touching them feels like burning and prickling.She did say that they upped his Lasix and water is just pouring out of him. Poor feller' as my Great-Grandma use to say! I can still hear her saying it and see her shaking her head.
I'm following along with what's going on with all of you every day but don't really have time to answer. The only one that stands out to me right now is Bunny! Bunny-Girl, I am so proud of you undertaking such a big project this late in life! How many people do I know that are going back to school now? None! I just wanted to pass that on to you personally with a BIG HUG and say...3 cheers for Bunny:
Hip Hip Horray...
Hip Hip Horray...
Hip Hip Horraaaaaaay!!!
You Go Girl!

Make it a great day Gals!
Love Yuns!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  08:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy praising God for all things and praying for increased revelation of his goodness and power in Jim and Patsy's lives. Nothing like a living testimony to open blind eyes even in hospitals.
In a major family shuffle we managed to get my GDD into the Job Corp orientation yesterday. I picked her up after work the day before and early in the am dropped her off at my DD's who took her with her and dropped her off at a convenient cafe where she had to wait until my DD could take lunch and take her to Job Corps. My DD works at a woman's shelter and could not take her in there. Then I went to work, got off a bit early and picked her up. Had to run her about on a few errands and got home at about 7:30 pm, long day.
In some ways that was just fine. It was the end of an era yesterday. Mike, the boss I have been closest to is leaving Friday. This was my very last day working with him after 26 years. Good thing there was lots to keep me occupied. He will be back in June. Maybe earlier if things do not go well for the attorney who is buying the business who just had a heart attack. My DS cannot tell me anything as he is the heart monitor tech for Hal, but I know that he is now in Sean's care and Sean will watch out for him. But I don't know how this will effect his buying the business. Strange goings on. The other boss, Jeff, had a major heart attack years ago and he has been functioning well for over 15 years that way. He just could not go to court but that was because of his personality and how nervous and antsy he got about going to court. He and Mike split the year between them with me running the whole shebang while they were semi retired. Now it appears to be my turn to retire. How very strange, it all feels a bit like a grade B movie. Ah well.
Bunny, I loved working in the library when I was in school. I love books, you can find almost anything in a book.
Peg, glad to hear that the Wedding Bells are finally going to ring. Blessings on that.
Diane, I HATE head colds. They drag you down so. Praying for relief.
Netty, that is a drag. Praying for you.
Hi Nancy, love the muffins. On tags, I have not the slightest idea. I found an ebook for $.99 on selling on Etsy. I read it through once but have to go back and do it again. Not one nibble. I surely must have missed something.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  09:44:27 AM  Show Profile
I have found inspiration on Pinterest! Hopefully I will be able to blog about them. (New to blogging. Going in fits and sputters. I am not the most tech savvy gal around.)
Prayers going up for all yall.

http://lifeatelevenfifteen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  09:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. I was a lazy bones and slept in. It really felt good.
School was much better yesterday. My algebra teacher slowed down quite a bit. I realized most of the class is at or below my level. So no more whining. I made it through all of my library work. Yes, it took two Aleve and a Rockstar energy drink. But I figure two times a week won't kill me. Now I just need to get the online classes in the routine and I'll be fine.

Betty, thank you so much for your order! It was mailed yesterday. I really hope you like everything. I'm hoping to get the Xmas cards done soon too. I sure hope you can find out what the heck is going on with your hands. Will say a prayer for you.

Judy, glad your Bil is getting at least some answers. I hope Patsy doesn't get it! I know you will keep us up on the news.
Thank you for your kind words of support. Sometimes I wonder what the heck I'm doing going back to school. Especially when I actually want it to help produce a living. I would much rather be doing this for fun.

Cherime, I sure hope these guys understand your value. Somehow I bet you aren't being paid enough though. Prayers everyone gets on their feet again and gives you a big fat raise!

Well, today is homework day. I have an investment class tonight. Not a very good teacher though. I feel like asking him what the return on his investments last year were. Is he really qualified to teach this course. I'll keep my mouth shut though, I have been pet sitting for him and hope to do it again later this winter. I'm leaning.

Later all. Prayers all around.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page