Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  6:03:25 PM  Show Profile
Porchies,
Just wanted to stop to say as Im crafting on this rainy day. I've been praying for all of you. I love you all.
Judith- Prayers sent just for you love.
Janet- Good luck at the craft shows. What are you making for the craft fairs? Id love to see pictures.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  12:25:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....I was on here last night and right when I got ready to post my long note to you all...my computer decided to do an automatic update on something and then reboot it's self. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

So, will try again tonight! Even though I am so pooped I can barely say my name.
(Huge weather collision...with the rain and my fibro).

First off...

Judith...I am so very sorry for the loss of your friends son. How heart and gut wrenching that must be for everyone. I don't know why Police can't shoot to mame rather than always have to shoot to kill.
We see it all the time here in the NW too. We saw a guy shot and killed in a mental hospital because he was stabbing people with a pencil. Excuse Me! That mother (your friend) will always regret having called the Police because now her son is dead.
WOW...it just should not go down like that!

I had an emergency phone call from my Auntie that lives over in Portland (right across the river from me)...last night to let me know that my mom had been going up her basement stairs and somehow fell backwards down them and cracked her head open and knocked herself out.
She was out for about 3 hours and woke up to find herself laying in a huge pool of blood. She tried to drag herself back down the last few steps and across the family room to call 911 but it took her 2 hours to get to the phone because she was covered in so much blood that she kept slipping as she crawled. Long story short her sister/my Auntie calls mom everyday at the same time and she kept calling and calling and got no answer so she called my sister in-law and asked her to call 911 to go check on my mom. She is in the Hospital with a Concussion and 10 stitches in the back of her head. They ran tests to see if she had a heart attack or stroke that caused her to fall...but the cardiologist said no, but that she bruised her heart....in the fall and her left shoulder and arm are very wrenched from the fall too. She is still having extreme headaches, and nausia...and can't eat. They plan to keep her until Monday. Then will decided it she needs to go into a nursing home for rehab or if she can go home with some one there.
I might have to go to Spokane to help her...but won't know for awhile. My life is fairly crazy right now...so, I am kind of hoping I don't have to go. My sister in law is close, so is my brother in law and my mom's best friend is an hour and a half away. I am 360 miles away.
Both my mother and my Auntie are at the ages where they are beginning to fall a bit too frequently. It has me worried. Good Grief The Drama!

Cherime and others...I have decided maybe a nice desert Island for our men would be a good option. Or better yet a NICE Exotic Island for all of us women to go for a nice long get-away. No Men Allowed...unless they are pool boys serving us nice refreshing drinks with little umbrellas in them. Ha Ha!!!!

Shanda...thanks for the "comic relief" I really needed a good laugh! I have to confess...I have done similar things...I just don't tell anybody. Ha Ha!

Netty...glad to hear that you feel better after sharing and our prayers. PTL! That is what is so wonderful about The Porch...it is our Safe Place. And we can count on everyones love and support.

Janet...turkey sounds really good. I am getting kind of hungry for a turkey sandwhich with cranberry sauce on it.

Ruthie and Janet...you girls should let us see the "Pretties" you are making to sell. You to Cherime. I love to see what everyone is working so hard on.

Judy...I loved the email you sent me today about leaving men to their own devices. That was so funny. I had to send it to a couple in Canada that I know and love because they both have a great sense of humor. They will get a huge hoot out of that one.

Any more to share about Jim and Patsy? Did mama get moved yet?

OK chickies...I am tired, off to bed in hopes to be able to make it to Church tomorrow.

Huggles and Snuggles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  10:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Judith, how terrible for your BFF. What a horrible thing for a mother to go through. Prayers for her and her family.

Ruthie Ann and Janet sounds like you have been busy! I hope your craft fairs do great. I have decided not to do any this year. Just too much work and I don't have the time.

Netty, glad you are doing better. Having a little control over health is a big issue.

Shanda, so funny about trying to open the door with the car door opener. You must have been tired. I think we all have those moments where our brain checks out.

Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. She is so lucky to be alive! I had a friend whose dad did that but he was on blood thinners and died. Maybe this will be a wake up call and she will find a safer place to live. My grandmother fell in her garden and was stuck on her back all day. Thankfully it was a Sunday and my Aunt always picked her up for dinner. She found her laying in the garden unable to get up. That was the turning point and she went into assisted living happily.
I had to laugh about your island. I have joked with my friends for years that when I win lottery, I would buy an island for all my women friends. No men allowed except their children. If you need a man, take a boat to the mainland. I wonder if men ever hear how women really feel. I don't know a woman out there that doesn't have this feeling about men in general.
Kinda sad actually.

Well, my life has been pretty uneventful. This is my "all I do is homework" time of the year. Two of my classes take a day each just to do the homework. My investments class is a joke. The teacher is terrible! He may know about investing but has no idea how to teach it. The whole class is frustrated to say the least. He just talks at us. Doesn't even really talk about what is in the book. Just his experiences as a investment adviser. he doesn't even keep us in class the whole time. We are suppose to be in class for 3 hours. He sends us home after 1.5 hours. He is of course being paid for 3 hours.
I am trying to deal with the class as if there were no instructor. Just read the book and try to pass the tests. He has a major project we are to do and I can't figure out what we are suppose to do. I'll have him explain it next class.
Other than that, life is boring. No time for sewing or creating right now. Working in the library is good. No worries there. Mom is ....just Mom. Sister is still waiting for Xhusband to officially ask her to get married again and move back.

I'll pray for all your troubles. I hate that we are all so far away. I know this would be a wonderful group to get together in person.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  08:52:42 AM  Show Profile
Peg, sorry to hear about your Mom's accident. The good part at least is that the fall was not caused by something else.
Well the bazaar on Sat was a bust for those of us stuck in the lower level with bad lighting and crammed together so that one could not tell where one vendor ended and another began. Didn't even make booth space in that one which is highly unusual. Because of the variety of stuff we make one of us, DD or I usually sells enough to make the space investment.
Then Sunday! GDD was going to move in with a guy she has known for about 2 months but his family finally objected. She glossed it over when telling me about it on the phone, letting me think is was a room mate situation. I had suspicions. Then the family rose up in arms after she moved some of her stuff in. It was one room and the parents in the first place did not object. What did they think the two of them were going to do, one sleep on the floor the other on the bed??? That child has a good heart but dives off into the unknown with out so much as a second thought. So then I had to go over and help her move the stuff again. Another 60 mile round trip. But I certainly gave her my thoughts on the matter.
Prior to that my DD calls me and she is half way through a leaking kitchen sink repair as the people who they bought the house from did not have a clue as to how to install a sink drain. A P trap on each side of the sink. SEESH! The topper was that they tightened the metal ring on the sink itself and the plastic pipe end so much that they rounded the gripping surface on the ring and it was all just turning inside the sink itself. My DSIL knows nada about plumbing. When we finally determined that the old plastic pipe would have to stay until the sink was changed out, I cut the pipe with a hacksaw and found the main source of the leak a split in the miserable pipe that we could not get off. I was able to manage to get the new pipe onto the the end of the old one, plastic will give a bit and now it is ok for a while but DD is ready to trash the sink and get a new one.
And thanks all for prayer. My DD finally has another job that should prove less stressful, helping parents who want to adopt navigate the process. Money may be less but health care and some money is better than nothing by a long sight.
Judy, please let us know how Jim is doing when you can.
Bunny, sounds like your life is in the slog through school mode.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  2:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow, lots going on here! I haven't been on in .... forever :(. Sorry ladies! I've just read the last 3-4 pages, so I'm not going to try to answer everyone, but you're in my prayers &{{{hugs}}} for everyone!

I'm so tired - I think it's for sure early bed time tonight! Hoping I can get my hair cut sometime this week. We have a short work week (yay!) due to the water being shut off for most of the day, and it's even on a Friday! I do have a conference to go to on the weekend, hopefully it's not really long or boring.

Hmm. So much going on, and not enough time to do much of anything! Miss you ladies

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  4:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Peg, so sorry to hear about your mom. This is what concerns me about my moms new place, lots of steps. She thinks it will be good exercise for her, but the fear-factor hangs in the air for me. I just told the land lady today that I am concerned about the poor lighting on her steps and in the entrance. Being an old house, there never was a light in some of these spots. I'm sure it was a 1 family swelling in the beginning. Turning it into a duplex just left some things undone.I told Mom to keep flashlights there and for the most part I told her to just stay in when it's dark out. Where does she need to go after dark anyhow? Right?
Oh, and she called me today all excited, like a little kid, to tell me that she got a moving company lined up today and she'll be moving Friday. ~Accckkkk~ Already? Really? hahaha I have to be at the new place while she stays at the old place. That's how we did it last time and it worked out best. So...guess who has to make sure I don't have anything on my schedule Friday? ~whew~, not much notice is it? hahaha
Ok, I took a pic of our patio out back where we(and Mr Cat)spend moist of our spare time when it's nice out. Let's see if I can get it to post. Notice that we have lots of parrots and a sand floor. We were going for a "Jimmy Buffet" style! LOL

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  4:47:54 PM  Show Profile
Yeaaaaa, it worked! So that's my Porch-Pic for our "Virtual Porchie" album.
C'mon...where's yours? *giggle*
Right after I took this pic, we took everything down(even the bamboo top and sides)to get ready for winter.
Good thing too 'cause it's raining and colder today.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  9:12:41 PM  Show Profile
We have been having rain every day, and yesterday it was mixed with snow. Been in the 20s at night, so it won't be long when the ground freezes and the snow sticks. Yuck!!! Remember all the whining we did about the heat? I do not like the cold at all either.
Peggy, So sorry about your mom. How is she doing? Did she get out of the hospital today? Prayers being sent for her.
After midnight and tired, so will post more tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  01:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Evening my Lovelies....
I guess I am going to be perpetually tired until my body acclimates to all this rain.

Thanks for all your concerns and prayers for my mom. I talked to her today (Monday)
and she was waiting for a breathing treatement as her COPD was acting up. She could barely breathe so I didn't keep her on the phone but she is still in the Hospital. Maybe released on Wednesday. The medications they are giving her for muscle relaxation and pain are not working....so until she starts feeling some relief they are keeping her.
I think I will probably end up in Spokane later in the week, even though I am physically not doing so well myself with my Fibro. But I think she is going to need help. My husband will probably drive me there and visit with his kids for a day...and then drive back home. Then I think my youngest son will probably come and get me once I feel my mom can be on her own.
I was suppose to go to Seattle and play with my darlen granddaughters this weekend but...so much for that. Oh, well...another day.

My friends....I really need an attitude check here. I wish my mom and I were closer and I could actually be excited to go see her and help her out...but I can't and I'm not. I love my mom but I don't like her very much. She tried to talk me into driving my VW to Spokane when she knows I can't do long distance driving because I fall asleep at the wheel because of my Chronic Fatigue...but she doesn't want me driving her car to take her to her therapy appointments....she just won't come right out and say that to my face. It is those kind of things that get under my skin...because they are constant. She is the ultimate control freak and manipulater. I will be her slave for the week if I end up going. She will literally have a LIST of stuff she will want me to do for her....besides all the Dr. apptmnts and stuff.

Next week is my birthday and I don't want to spend it with my mother. I know I sound as selfish as she is. But I want to be with my family here.

I know for those of you with loving, sweet mamas...I probably sound like the Worlds Worst daughter.

Even my husband and kids think I should want to just go see her and give her my support at this difficult time in her life. They do understand why I feel like I do...but they still think it is my daughterly duty. Ugh!

Like I said, I need an attitude adjustment but ONLY GOD can do it...it is not in my power or strength.I
just want to turn and run the other way as fast as I can run. SORRY FOR THE RANT. I need to do this as
a sacrifice of love...just because it is the right thing to do.

I need sleep. Maybe tomorrow will be better....
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  06:51:42 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, she sounds a lot like my mama. It's a hard spot to be in, all right. Your heart says help her, maybe other people say help her--but your survival instinct says RUN. I wish I had advice, but even with my mom gone I don't know what I should have done! Just know I sympathize.

Feeling pretty wiped out. Ric sprained his ankle really badly, so I have been playing nursemaid AND not getting much sleep (since he isn't sleeping, poor boy). I don't know whether I need coffee or a nap!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  08:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy, I am sorry to hear about your mother's accident. My own mother had lifeline when she insisted on living in her own home. She fell twice (breaking hips) but crawled through 2 rooms to get to the phone to call someone. It must have been shock. She didn't think to push the button on the chain around her neck. I was adopted. She often told me she hated me. But, I tried to be a good daughter even though I never did anything right. Her own daughter was a wonderful caretaker to her. Between the two of us we could keep her errands run, etc. She finally had alzheimers. She became the sweetest lady. She made us promise we would never make her leave her home, but we had to eventually break that promise. I don't envy you. But, you really won't regret being there. Just wear your thick skin when you go. (In the end..mom liked me best. ha.)

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

fromscratchhomemadelife
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Cassi
Western Middle TN
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  09:33:27 AM  Show Profile

I'm super busy with the move looming over us and the holidays flying up at warp speed (or so it seems, lol!) I just wanted to say hello and give hugs where hugs are needed. The picture (which will hopefully work) is our new house! We close November 1st!!! I hope y'all are fairing well this fall.

Cassi
Farmgirl #4371

http://fromscratchourhomemadelife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  10:23:26 AM  Show Profile
Cassi, what a grand new house for you!!!! Good luck with the closing and moving. How exciting for you!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  12:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you know I can totally relate to your feelings regarding your mom. I just shut down and pray for kindness to enter. I must ask at least a hundred times a day. Just know it is temporary. I'm here for the next 4 years at least. I feel your frustration. We are here for you so vent to us.

Cassidy, what a beautiful house! I bet you can't wait to move in. Good for you.

Well, homework is calling me. I goofed off long enough.

Later everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  4:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Everyone

It has been windy and rainy today. It has cleared up for now but still windy. I guess Fall is here and Winter is not too far off.

Kimberly That is sad. We have some wonderful older ladies at the Church that are happy to share not only what they know but books they have read as well.

Lynette I will pray for you. It is hard to be the strong one. Been there done that and no I do not want a tshirt to remember it. HUG HUG

Peggy the rain has come and gone and if the reports can be believed will be here again. The rain is not too bad but the wind is terrible. You could have kept that. LOL

Ok I listen to all the talk about men and I say "Thank You God" I got a good one.No he is not purfect be he so far from high maitainence. I am not sure he even kows what that means. LOL

Judith how terrible. You and your friend are in my prayers. Feel free to share any time we are all here for each other.

Peggy saying a prayer for your mama. How scary for her and you. I will add you to my prayers. It is hard to help when you are not appreciated and you feel like a slave.

Judy I love your patio. Looks like a wonderful place to spend time.

Cassidy that is a beautiful house. Congrats

I need to get off this porch and get things done. I don't want to!!! But life calls.
On an up note I am headed for a spinners retreat this Fridy. I will be gone all weekend. Just women and food and fun and spinning and talking and.....

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  01:25:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...thanks for letting me vent...and for all your comments and prayers. I still do not feel a heart adjustment yet. I keep thinking about the book of James that I am teaching on right now. James 1:2,3 says
"Consider it pure Joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3)because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

I haven't gotten past the word "Consider". I keep considering but I am not finding the JOY in it.

Later in the passage it goes on to say we should ask God for "wisdom" if we don't have it. So...that's where I have gone.

Alyce...you are absolutely right...I want to run in the apposite direction.

Judith...I talked to my mom about getting Lifeline and she says she can't afford it. And my Aunt also needs it.
But I know it is only $29.95 a month. I would pinch and get them each one for Christmas and pay the monthly bill...but I know those two too well. They wouldn't wear them. Neither one of them needs assisted living, they basicly do really well on their own...other than this falling thing going on with both of them.

Cassie...your new place is just gorgous.
Looks like something right out of a picture book. I hope you really really enjoy living there. Hope the move isn't too hard on you.

Netty...what you said about not knowing how I will take care of my mom is a really great observation and you are right.
Today...I took the dog for his walk, I was in major pain and so what normally takes me 15 minutes took me 30 minutes. I got home and my husband and I had two quick errands to run and then we were going to Barnes and Noble. On the way to Barnes and Noble I had to have him turn around and take me back home because I couldn't keep my eyes open. I hit that wall of exhaustion and couldn't push past it.
When you are in that much pain your body tries to get restoretive sleep and it doesn't care what your agenda is. So, I fell asleep on the way home. Got home and slept for 3 hours and woke up still tired. So, how I can take care of my mom or even go see my grandbabies at this point it is beyond me too. Right now my Fibro is just flat out kicking my butt.

Bunny...how are you doing with yours? I am not sure if the Gorge is getting all the rain that the Valley is getting????
It is coming down from Seattle off the Pacific up there.
I know you understand full well what I mean about my mom. So, if YOU can do it for 4 years...I should be able to do it for a few days. I
just need to suck it up and quit whining!!!!

Dianne...the winds really have been terrible haven't they? We have been fortunate enough to not have any power outages but a lot of downed tree limbs and some trees even on cars and closing roads.

Judy...I like your patio/porch. I really like that it is convertible!!!! Put it up...take it down when you're done with it. Not bad!!!!
I am mad at the Squirrels around here because they get on my porch and knock things over and off. They have broken two of my favorite ceramic flower pots. They couldn't pick the plain clay pots...no, they have to go for the pretty ones that cost more money. At least they have good taste.

Off to bed to rest my head....
And hope tomorrow brings the answers I
need to deal with my Mother...or better yet...
to deal with myself and my own crumbie attitude.

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 17 2012 2:12:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  08:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, we use to sing a song in church...create in me a new heart, oh lord, and renew a right spirit into me....something like that. I know you will now the passage. That's what I sing to myself when I can't stand it any more. Hang in there. I know you can do it.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  09:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Just jumped on the porch for a quick look around, a few hugs and prayers!

Peggy, I'm praying for you, your heart and your mom's heart! I understand the fibro fight, season change is always hard on me and winter is my hardest season it seems...not looking forward to it. Just put on foot infront of the other, listen to your body and rest.

Netty if your in a cleaning mood you can come to my house next!

Cassi congrats! That is one lovely home!

Alyce how about a cup of coffee and a hug!

Blessings and prayers for everyone! (free free free) Sorry, that sounds totally goofy, but I'd really like to give everyone a hug!

Back to work!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  2:38:21 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...I know exactly the song and passage you are talking about and that is so helpful and comforting...thank YOU!

Shanda...you are right about the Fibro. It is nice that 3 or 4 of us on The Porch deal with it...because
we can encourage one another through it. All week I have literally been putting one foot in front of the
other just to make it through my day.

Now for the really goodnews. God took the entire problem out of my hands for the time being. My mom was moved into a Nursing Facility today for a week or two of rehab. Thank You Jesus! But before they moved her I did volunteer to go be with her in her home...IF they would allow that rather than her having to go into a Nursing Home. But they wouldn't. She needs both physical rehab on her arm and shoulder and
lung/breathing treatments. So, God is good and I don't need to go to Spokane for awhile. Which is a big
relief.

More Later, I need a nap.
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I feel so much better for you. Earlier I had posted that maybe your mom could go to a temp care facility or would be eligible for temp in-home care for her daily cares, errands, therapy, appts. shopping, etc. My post is out in cyberspace somewhere. But, maybe her Dr. could write a prescription for that if she is eligible. That would allow you to take care of your own health.

Thank you all for the prayers for my friend and her family. I'm sure she will be in shock for awhile.

Cassi, your new home is beautiful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  5:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, glad you will not have to go to your mother's yet. Maybe by the time you do go, your fibro will ease up and the weather cooperate. Wishing you good luck on that part. Hopefully you will be able to be home for your birthday.
I have been knitting a pair of socks for myself. I love home knit socks, they are so warm and soft and keep my feet alot warmer than store bought ones. I hope to make myself a few more pair before winter is in full swing.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  10:00:33 AM  Show Profile
See Peggy, God listened and took care of everything. I guess he knew your limitations and arranged everything accordingly.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  6:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Peg, God surely works things out just fine.
Ladies, this is my tiny little porch.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  12:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Didn't get a chance to talk to my Mom today...I guess the couple times I tried they must have had
her off to therapy.

I am going to Seattle tomorrow no matter how badly I feel. I need some Granddaughter Therapy. It has
been 3 1/2 months since I have seen them. I will just take pain pills and rest more is all. I might
have to sleep all the way up there and back but it will be worth it.

My mom said she didn't want visitors until she got out of The Nursing Home...which works for me. One
of my Farmgirl Friends in Canada...said maybe my mom will like the Nursing Home so much she won't want
to leave. LOL If you knew my mom...you would think that is halarious. She maybe almost 80 but she doesn't look like it or act like it. She is spunky, always wears make-up, still colors her hair (even I
don't do that anymore) and she is always zipping here and there in her little Red Car. She is very busy and very active. If you have been picturing her like a frail little gray haired granny on a walker and
oxygen...that is NOT HER! And she has a "mouth" on her...that she is not afraid to use....on anyone and everyone. All of us siblings inherited all of that strong-willed stubborness....God has just tempered mine over the years with His Love and Grace. Which is a very good thing! But I always stand up for myself
if I feel someone has gotten on my last nerve. Ha ha! I was always the "Peacemaker" in our Family...even
when I was a kid. I guess being the middle child I always felt like I had to keep everyone calm and communicating. Now that my siblings have passed on before me...I am now out of a Job. LOL I think I am
the only one my Mom never tried to push my buttons too often. Why I am not sure...but we do communicate
better than the others did with her. And we have a lot in common; our love for the Lord, reading, gardening and that type of stuff. My younger sister had nothing in common with mom...period. Sad!

Anyway...not sure why I went into all of that. I guess I just wanted you all to know that she is one
tough cookie and not some frail old lady. I am glad that she is doing better and I even got her laughing
last time I talked to her (for an hour and a half)...so that was good. She can be humerous when she
wants to or atleast she can laugh at me!

Please pray for me that I make it to Seattle...it will depend on my body tomorrow...and IF I think I can
deal with the pain. But just thinking of my little darlings...and getting their hugs and kisses, makes
me want to try as hard as I can to make it.

Cherime...your house is cute! Love your little Porch. Makes me want to hang a sign on it for you that
says "Fairies...dancing in the Garden"

Bunny...how is your mom doing? Is she over her wanting to move in with her male friend? Maybe your Sister
will just never quite get her act together to move back to The Dalles. God can do Miracles...I know! (+:

Netty...funny story! Sorry you fell...but glad son stopped at just a smirkey smile. Smart Boy you got there!

OK...I am looking for Judy, Miranda, Teacher Tammy, Kimberly, Patsy (I know is busy with DH) Angela, and I am sure I am forgetting more than I am remembering but hey it's after midnight and need I say more.

I will be sending out the Posse if you don't check in soon.

Thanks for all the prayers, encouragement and allowing me to vent.

Blessings and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  04:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Cassidy, nice house. Bet you're excited!
Cherime, love the shovel decor on your porch AND snow on the roof no less! *giggle* You're ready for Santa! LOL
Well, Prayers neededtoday for 2 tired old Gals...Me&Mama! It's finally here...Moving Day! We both are wore out. Bet she didn't sleep last night. I went to bed around midnight and woke up at 4:45 when DH left for work. ~ugh~ Makes for a looooooong day!
We need your Prayers for strength and traveling mercies and no problems. A tall order, but not for our God! And not for my "Sistas". They're the BESTEST!
Oh, Sunday is Patsy's 60th birthday for those of you that want to send a card. She almost got lost in all this shuffle! heehee
Don't know when I'll be back on here. When I get rested up probably!
Gotta run. Gonna go get Mom's cat and bring him over and sit with him while here sniffs around and gets comfortable, then she'll be over in a few hours with the movers.
Later Gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page