Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  7:32:34 PM  Show Profile
I survived Halloween and passing out candy at the door. It was cold and windy. I felt sorry for the little ones.We get alot of teenagers, but I don't mind. That means they arestaying out of trouble! LOL!!! It only got to 32 degrees today and windy. We had high winds yesterday and today from Sandy. Yesterday the waves in the lake were 20 feet. Snow just north of us, 3 1/2 inches, so not too much longer when we will see some on the ground.
Yesterday I got brave and cut my hair. It was in the middle of my back, cut off about 18 inches. Now it is short and curly. I have natural curly hair, so it curled right up once the weight was gone. I cut my own hair most of the time because I can do just as good as the beauty shops that I have gone to, and my hair grows so fast, it need trimming evry 3 weeks. It only took 2 years to grow what I had. I also have thick hair, even short it takes a good 3-4 hours to dry.
Hope you all had a good Halloween. I made sugar cookies, pumpkins with orange frosting and sugar, so dig right in and pour yourself a cup of tea, or coffee to go with them.
Have a great evening,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  11:54:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....
We don't do the Trick or Treat thing anymore...passing candy out I mean. It went by the way side
after the whole empty nest thing. Can't wait to see pictures of my granddaughters tonight. They usually
go trick or treating in Seattle. My son said that since Madeline had 2 cavities...they were going to
let her have a little candy tonight and then they were going to buy the rest and donate it somewhere.
Chris said to Madeline, "How much $ do you think you should get for your candy?" She popped right off with,
$20.00. My son thought that was too much...I said, "Ha, just try taking my candy for anyless!" LOL She is one smart little cookie for 4 yrs. old. But I agree with my son...kids get way too much candy these days.
It's not good for them.

Janet...glad you made it through all your trick or treaters. Today when I was at Barnes and Noble they had a Special Kids day...they came dressed in costumes and they got a Story and Treats. They were so cute...I just had to take some pictures of them.

Well, another quiet day on The Porch. Thanks for the cookies Janet! I guess you and I are the only ones
who got some. That's what they get for running wild on Halloween...and not checking in on The Porch. LOL

Night Sweet Friend!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  06:40:17 AM  Show Profile

Queen Esther, Centurian Cornelius, Angel Supreme

We had a great day. I personally despise halloween but I've got nothing against my kids wearing cute costumes and getting "some" free candy that will later be very slowly doled out. Then I found out that the town had a trick or treat by the businesses in town from 3-5pm and they even have crossing guards at all the roads!! So my children went on a very safe trick or treat in the middle of the day! Love it! Then of course it was off to tumbling class which they always enjoy and then we grabbed a quick meal at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and off to AWANAS. My children were pretty excited because my daughter got her vest and first patch and my son got his second set of wings and first jewel in it. I loved watching my daughter's expressions. And how excited and happy she was for her brother when he got his. She was patting his back and telling him how well he did.

Hope you all had a safe and fun evening too.

Cherime, I so completely get the sliding carefully into town thing. Spent my whole life doing that. The fun stuff is when you get freezing rain and everyone and everything is in the ditch every which way but loose and you have to navigate through it all!!! Just remember everyone has forgotten how to drive through the summer and take extra care of yourself. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  07:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, nice picture!!!! Glad you and your children had a good time. I am glad it only comes once a year, but it is always so cold when they go trick or treating here. It should be in August or September!! LOL!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  09:24:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning from Idaho
I survived Elk Camp! LOL I had a great time till Monday. I really do not like Mondays. I decided that I would drive the motor home we barrowed from my SIL, home early while the guys stayed out a little longer hunting. Big Mistake!!! My DH told me to get gas in the first town because he was not sure of the milage. I got in and started driving. I looked at the gas gage. Half a tank. No problem I can make in easy to the first town. NOT!!! The gas gage does not work. I ran out of gas about 10 miles from the first town. So here I am on the side of the road with this old Winnabego pulled off as far as I can. Trying to get a call out. Of course none of my children are answering their phones. (I was not a happy mama). I finally get a hold of a friend to bring me gas. Of course she is about an hour away. So I am on the side of the road praying that no one hits the old motorhome and that Jennifer my friend gets there quick. My DH pulls up about 45 minutes later and says ran out of gas? You Think! I told him Jennifer was on her way. She pulled up about then. MY DH said he had a bad feeling while he was hunting and decided to come look for me. I think they were just tired of being rained on. The weekend was great, but Monday was, well, a Monday. LOL

Patsy I am so glad Jim is better. Still praying for both of you. And yes I agree Peggy can not go home yet. We need her.

Peggy and Kathryn Happy birthday. Ok I know it is November now, so I am way late. Kathryn I hope your birthday was awesome and Peggy I hope yours is awesome as well. When you fell up to celabrating.

Kimberly I have included your family in my prayers, but I will be a little more spacific. I will lift you DH to God and pray for him.
I just looked up Prosser WA. It is about 253 mile from where I live. Will have to look into a road trip. Probably not till spring. I will be in Pasco in April for an Alpaca show.

Alyce how scary for you. Praise God your DH is ok. Maybe not completly healthy but he will live. I hate going to the ER.

Kimberly love all your pictures. You have a beautiful place. I am a wee bit jealous of your place. One day we will have our own place.

Ruth Ann I hope you get to feeling better soon. A bad shot. How aweful!

Peggy I will join you on the ashamed seat. I did not think about the homeless either. It is sad that we get caught up in our lives and forget what others are going through.

Kimberly you all look so cute. I am glad your town does the business trick or treat. Ours does too as well as a lot of Churches have trunk or treat or harvest festivals. Much more fun. We did hand out candy this year again. Not as manny this year as last year. Way too cold.

I best get back to work. Students are coming in for help.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Kim great costumes.
Jan, Its pretty cold up here at Halloween. Usually we have a fright night place or two and the businesses take up the slack for candy giveaways.
Diane, scary deal, no fun running out of gas at all especially in a large vehicle on a narrow road.
Getting ready for the bazaar on Sat. Hope this one goes better than the last one.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  12:21:32 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Girls...

Cherime...hope your Bazaar goes well. I would like to think that they can't all be bad for you. BUT I have done many Bazaars myself years ago. I never felt like I even broke even most of the time. But I would use what I had left for Christmas gifts.
I think people that stick to one particular thing and do it well, like CJ with her Farmgirl aprons...probably are more successful than people like me...who always had a little bit of everything. That is kind of how I craft. I do what ever strikes my fancy and move on to something new.

Dianne...I hate having vehicle problems. I would not have been a happy camper/hunter running out of gas. Especially because I am the type who NEVER lets her tank get below 1/4 of a tank left...before I am going to fill up. My husband has got us stranded more times than I can count because we have run out of gas.
You can be going on fumes and my husband will say, "Oh, you can go for miles yet." I never trust his wisdom on things like that...from Past experiences. LOL
I am glad that your hubby decided to come and check on you. Smart Man!

I did finally have a really nice birthday. Still have a dinner out to collect on...maybe this weekend.

I am feeling much improved. Was able to go teach my Bible Study tonight. It was so good to be with all the gals after having had to miss last week.

Janet...I agree with you...Kimberly and kids look so cute all dressed up for Trick or Treating. We had
some kids knock on our door last night even though we weren't passing out candy. In our apartment complex...if you wish to have kids come to your door, you just hang an Orange Pumpkin on the door. Well, my neighbor nor us...hung the pumpkins but the kids still came anyway. With my fibro...it is too hard getting up and down etc...so, I just don't do it. My neighbor has the same thing and she feels the same way.

Kimberly...it is great that so many Churches and Businesses do "Safe Trick or Treating" for the Community.
When I managed a store at our Mall we use to do that too. The entire Mall...all Merchants participated. But it was always so packed out with kids. Fun Though!
I always loved it. Even being a Christian Bookstore...I would hand out one piece of candy and a Gospel Tract. I had one Father come up to me and just go on a rant about how wrong he thought it was for a Christian Bookstore to Participate in the Halloween Event. I said, "Well, I appreciate you voicing your opinion but I will use every opportunity to get The Gospel Out...that I can." After he saw what I was giving out and heard my opinion about it...he backed-down.

Well, I guess I am ready for my book and bed. Seems like this has been a week long day.

Hey, can you believe we are almost at 600 pages of Posts. Woot! Woot!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 03 2012 12:12:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2012 :  9:34:44 PM  Show Profile
It has been so quiet here on the porch, must be getting too cold to sit out on it. Hope all are okay and just too busy right now. It is late, so this will be short. I am watching Sophie's Choice right now, never did see it. It is good, but it is getting late and I am tired. I hope I can stay up for another 40 minutes to see the end.
Peggy, yes, we are almost to page 600!!!! Lots of chatty gals, hope they all make it back soon. I miss hearing about everyone's lives.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  12:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Janet...I am with you! Where is everyone??? It seems like a Ghost Porch! LOL
I had a good day today. Nothing real exciting but a no rain day! That always makes
a good day for me. (+: Hubby took me out to lunch. He had Pizza and I had a yummy
French Dip Sandwhich. Then my gal who cleans for me came and whipped my house back
into shape. She is such a huge blessing to me.

My youngest son bought me a really cool funky and fun chandelier and Paula and I tried
to hang it up in my bedroom today. I decided it was too low to hang in the living room.
My 6 ft. hubby would be whacking his head on it all the time. And it looked so cute in
my bedroom...until it came crashing down onto the bed. I need to get a bigger hook to
hang it on. It didn't break...which I was happy about. Whew! That was close though!

Then I hung out my Autumn Flag on The Porch...swept the Porch off again. It is going to
be a never ending process until all the leaves have fallen off the trees.

We took our Scottie Dog to be groomed. I had them cut his Skirt off...as it wicks up so much water
in the fall/winter rains. I had them groom his face in the Scottie cut though. He doesn't really
look like a Scottish Terrier now...but he will be easier to care for...at the end of our walks
every day. I will let the skirt grow back in the late Spring.

Then I got a nap. Talked to my mom later in the day to see if she still wanted me to come to
Spokane to help her...but she said NO! Which I was quite shocked about. She said a lot of people
from her Church were helping her and she was still really weak from losing so much blood. She
said she would rather have me come when we could go out and have some fun together. I hung up and
said, "Thank You Jesus!" I didn't really want to go...but was trying to be the helpful daughter
anyway. That was a big relief! Now, I pray she doesn't think about it and change her mind. LOL

Tonight I watched some tv and knit. Now...I am ready to go to sleep. I am feeling so much better.
Still needing the medicated cough syrup at night but that isn't bad.
We are suppose to have a dryer weekend. So, maybe we will all get to go to Church together on Sunday.

Well, girls hope you come on the Porch this weekend and catch Janet and Me up on whatcha all been doing.

Sweet Dreams Janet....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  06:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday was interesting. Since I've made some boundaries my husband has been cold and angry. but I was expecting that, I guess. Anyways yesterday morning I woke up at 5:15 with a coal of fear in my gut. I got up and started praying. It was something else. I believe I was in the middle of an intense battle. Seriously for 1/2 an hour I was praying with such intensity that I was shaking, crying and sweating. I knew something was wrong, seriously wrong but I didn't know what so I just prayed. After that 1/2 hour the Lord gave me a measure of peace. I spent the next 1/2 hour in more intense prayer. Then the next hour was praying and singing, not so intense. But the whole morning I was in a state of emergency. I didn't know what was going on but I knew it was bad. So I basically prayed all morning. My husband came in ate breakfast and left all with a cold fury about him. Finally at my guts urging, I fled the house. I grabbed the children and we got in the car and started driving to town. I didn't know what was wrong but my gut screamed, "GET OUT" and I got out. It wasn't until I was driving down the road that I felt my body relax a little. I was finally able to get ahold of the counsellor we were seeing and he was able to see me almost immediately. I contacted family and friends asking them to pray. Then I came home. It's going to sound dumb but I left the car running and the kids in their seatbelts and checked out the house before I let them come in. Then I unloaded our groceries (if you're in town buy groceries) and got to work on my daughter's birthday cake. I didn't have the intense feeling anymore but I was in prayer mode all day. When my husband did come home it seemed as though he wasn't so angry, things were calmish. I still don't know what happened and maybe I'll never know why God called me to such intense prayer but I know I was fighting a spiritual battle yesterday. Thank God for the prayers I felt others sending on my behalf. I texted my Uncle and later my Daddy told me that he had called him and said that he had been praying for me all day. God is so good. I am so blessed to have GODLY men in my life who love me. My uncle even texted me back to say he would pray and that he loved me!!!!

On a much lighter and funner note. Today is my daughter's fifth birthday party. I made her a cake yesterday. The theme of her party is princess so the cake is a castle and we're going to have a tea party and we have a tiara pinata etc. She is over the moon excited. Last night she set out the dress, necklace, tiara and wand she wants for her party. I'm no cake decorator but my kids think I'm an artist!!

I'll upload pictures and tell you about her party later!! After her birthday party we pretty much immediately leave for our 4H meeting. So she is having one full and fun day.

By the way I'm completely at peace today. No urgency, no fear, no gut feelings telling me to run. :) Our God is an AWESOME God! AMEN

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  09:17:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, I'm sorry I have been so absent. We still do not have internet at the farm. We have a venue for the wedding, and Save the Date cards are about to be mailed. I am starting on a practice dress this afternoon, and hopefully I will get started on the real dress soon.

I feel SO run down lately... I've been going 90 mph and the closest thing I will have to a vacation will be our honeymoon in April.

I guess, with work stress, home stress, money stress, and just general taking on everyone else's stress, I need a break. Josh and I are supposed to go up to a little town called Salado next Sunday to attend the Scottish games... Im hoping maybe that will be a time to rest and relax and just have a good time. I've been needing something like that. I was thinking of going to the powwow in Austin today, but it's so far down south, and I don't really want to go alone, and I'd much rather just go listen to bagpipes and watch the caber tossers with my husband-to-be, my best girlfriend, and her husband, who's like a big brother to me.

And maybe I'll convince them to try haggis

Funny, I feel better just pouring out a bit, here. It's been a long time since I have been this down in the dumps, and I hate that feeling. Maybe I'll stop at the Duchess station before I go home to get a hot dog and a coke and visit with some "neighbors".

Hope you're all doing well!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  09:50:01 AM  Show Profile
Janet, thanks for the cookies. Had a couple while reading and plying catch-up on here. *giggle* Had English Breakfast tea with them. Washed them dowl nicely!
Kimberly,loved the costumes. I love it when kids share in the joy of their siblings. I think it keeps them close,don't you?
We have our H.S. Christmas Craft show on the 10th....(then Patsy&Jim will be here on the 11th-YIPPPEEEE)....*ahem* sorry.... Mama and I are going. I love to see all the crafts people make. This is the beginning of all the craft shows around here. I enjoy them. Plus it gets Mom and I out for some,much-needed fresh air.(I actually wish Patsy were here for it too)
Peg ~~whew~~ Whoa, That was scary about that chandelier falling. Glad you weren't in bed at the time. I don't know just how big it is, but I'm sure that even the shock of it falling on you while in the bed would have you changing the sheets. hahahaha I wanna see a pic of it for sure..... when it's stable.....and you have cl
eaned yourself up! *giggle*giggle*
Sometimes,because of my bronchitis,I have to take cough syrup at night just to sleep too. Night time is the worst,isn't it?
It's funny and kinda neat to see how many of us cut our own hair. I don't think it's that hard really. And it sure is a LOT cheaper. hahaha Maybe we just get braver in our old age. hahaha
Kimberly, such scary things in your life. I get goosebumps every time I read about it. So sorry that you and the kids have to go through this all the time.
On the flip-side...... love the cake!
I must get busy Gals! Daylight is burning and I haven't done a thing.
Love yuns!
Extra French Hugs&Squeezles

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  11:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to everyone.

Diane, I would have been so upset at running out of gas in that RV! So glad DH was thinking about you. I have learned the hard way never to trust gas gauges. Glad you at least had a restful time.

Cherime, I have almost given up on craft bazaars. I work so hard to make stuff just to have people tell me how wonderful everything is and then move along without buying anything. Between all the time and cost to make everything, the cost of the booth and the time to sit there... you just don't make any money. A MBA would tell us we are nuts.

Peggy, glad you are feeling better. It has been rainy here but I'm feeling OK for the most part. At least it hasn't slowed me down. Scary about the chandelier! Maybe in a corner under a table and reading chair? Your's maybe?

Not much going on here. Halloween was a bust. I was all excited and rushed home from work but so few kids out. Then I learned that the downtown area does a big deal there. I have way too much candy left. I will be taking it to the school library. I know it won't last long there.

I finally got some fabric back in my Etsy shop. I have two of them so decided to do fabric in one and stuff I make in the other. I'm doing fat quarter bundles to start off. I tried to do yardage but it just didn't sell. I have so much fabric still on bolts from my shop. I just need to sell it. I don't know how everyone else does it. I see Etsy shops with tons of sales and I can't get more than one! Wish I knew what they were doing different.

I have a full day of homework to do, so better get to it. Later all. Stay safe and warm. Winter is on it's way.

I did get a couple of Christmas cards done for my shop. Not happy with the way the pictures look online. I still have so much to learn about putting stuff on the Internet. Thankfully the cards look much better printed out. Hopefully I'll figure out a better way to show them. I'm thinking about doing some with my little fabric postcard designs instead of selling the actual postcard. I just need to get them done!

Anyway, later for now..

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  3:42:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

We finally got our power back this AM. It has been out since last Monday, so it feels good to be back in touch with the outside world again. We didn't have much damage at our place, but a lot of trees and power lines down around us. Stilll, we fared so much better than many, so we are thankful.

Hope al our other farmgirl friends are doing OK - check in when you can and let us know you're OK.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies
I am sorry I have been MIA this week. It has been a real tough week with my butterflies, I have been wrestling with God over a few things, and just flat worn out lately.
Tomorrow I have wedding shower to help my sister in laws with. One of our nephews is getting married three days before Christmas and so we are giving his financee a shower tomorrow. Thing is my sister in law whose son it is, is not being very nice to the rest of us giving this shower. She is very high society and thinks the rest of us no nothing about elegance or grace. Just added to an already difficult week.

Halloween I had a whopping seven trick or treaters. SEnt the rest of the candy with hubby to his school. Knew his students would demolish it...hahaha

Peggy happy belated birthday and glad you are feeling better.

Bunny hope your homework goes well.

Praying for all those affected by Storm Sandy.

well time to get back to my laundry.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  6:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
wow! so close to page 600! woohoo!!

hope you all are doing good. I was able to wash clothes in my wringer and hang them on the lines and they all dried with the nice breezes and sun we had today! It got up to 72. DH helped me carry laundry in and even put most of his stuff away. *thumbs up honey* then after putting all mine away, I just wanted to crash..lol..all that fresh air is a blessing, but my oh my, can it wipe me out. mmmmmm, my jammies smell so good off the lines.

prayers, hugs n squeezles to all, and to all a good night! xo
Patsy :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  7:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, Glad to hear you did not have too much damage and finally got your power back on. Hope that you do not get any more bad weather this year.
Tammy, glad to hear from you. Was wondering what happened to you. Hope this week will be better for you.
Patsy, that is so wonderful that Jim is doing so well and even able to help with household chores. How great that you are having such nice weather and still able to hang outdoors. We had 33 degrees today for the high. Overcast, but no snow or rain. We had flurries alot yesterday, but it is all gone today. Won't be long though.
Peggy, glad you are feeling much better. Hopefully that is it for the winter now. Time for a break form illness. And they call it the golden years????? LOL!!!!! It does take us so much longer to recoup when we do get sick.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  01:52:56 AM  Show Profile

This is my fun and funky chandelier that came crashing down on my bed. I am so glad that it did not
break. I got it hung up nice and secure now...no fear of it crashing on me. LOL

Wow...I am so glad to see you farmgirls back on The Porch today. Man, Janet and I were getting lonely!
We were beginning to wonder if our deodorant had failed us or something.

Kimberly...I am so glad that you listened to the leading of The Spirit. I have had times of intense prayer like that before...but it has always been for someone else. I am happy that you are at Peace for the moment.
Keep intuned to the leading of the Spirit. Also, I am glad that you have your daddy and uncle as a strong support system that you can rely on. And know that we all continue to pray for you too.

Loved the birthday cake. How did the Princess enjoy her birthday party?

Miss Miranda...glad to have you back on The Porch girl. We have missed you. Glad to hear that the Wedding plans are progressing nicely....but sorry to hear that you are so down. Sounds like you just need some
good rest and relaxation. A little fun away with Josh and friends will probably be just what you need for a little pick me up! Try to forget everything else that day but having fun, relaxing and being in the moment.

Judy...aren't the Craft Fairs fun to go to? I enjoy going to them so much more than participating in them.
Hope you and Mama find some fun things to purchase and just enjoy looking around and being together. Is mama pretty much all settled into her duplex? Did you get all your painting done? You too need some time
to rest and relax. I think everyone has been on "overload and worry" in your family. Time to kick up your heels and have a little farmgirl fun. I bet you and mama are excited to have Patsy and Jim coming...I bet I will be able to hear the cackling and laughing all the way here.

Bunny...I am glad that the weather hasn't been getting to you too badly. I think today was my worst Fibro day in a long time. I couldn't even sleep this afternoon because of the pain. I got up and took two aleve and laid back down...but finally gave up and got up. It didn't even rain today...but it was the system going out that got to me.
I went on your Etsy Site and I would like to buy some of your Fat Quarters but probably not until after the
Holidays. I have never bought them in such large quantities before. But they looked like a good buy and the colors are bright and pretty.
Glad that you are enjoying your Library work.
I am with you on the Bazaars...a lot of work for very little profit.

Luanne...wow, girl it has been awhile. Glad that you weren't hit to hard by the storm...but having no
electricity isn't fun. I heard that there is a Noreaster on it's way too. The devestation from Sandy
looks just horrible from what we see on the news. So many have lost so much! My heart just hurts for them.

Teacher Tammy...sounds like you need some pixie dust sprinkled on your wings...to give you a little Pazaz!
Sorry to hear that you are so warn out. Maybe you need to do a little more wing clipping.
How is my little buddy Jax doing? Has he found his favorite spot in the new home?
How is your Bible Study going? How about your crochetting?
Well, after tomorrow the Shower will be behind you. I am sure it will be lovely and much appreciated by
the bride. Seems like there is always someone in the family who isn't happy about something.

Patsy...I can't believe that you had 72 degree weather and still hanging clothes out on the line.
Glad to hear that Jim continues to get better with each passing day.

Janet...the Golden Years...is a Myth, I am sure of it. LOL Well, it was nice that we had a few more
gals on the Porch today huh? We didn't have to keep talken to ourselves. Ha Ha!

OK Ladies...hope you all remembered to set your clocks back an hour tonight.

I am going to head to bed so I can make it to Church in the morning.
Sweetest Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  07:48:06 AM  Show Profile
Peg, that is a pretty chandelier. Glad its no longer a “heavy, heavy hanging over my head”. Sorry to hear that the fibro garbage was messing with you.

Kim, have been there and done that on the prayer front. Sometimes you never really find out was the problem was. But do not give in on those boundaries. That is one reason I am not looking for a good Christian man, they have that head of the house thing down pat. Problem is that the other part of the verse gets lost and the cherishing and caring for the wife as Jesus cared for the church gets forgotten. And I am not about to try to convert a non-believer so......Jesus is my husband now.

On the craft fairs, we usually make booth space and a bit of profit. Did so this time as well. Not sure how it works outside but up here, a mix of stuff helps. My DD does lovely stuffed animals and I made a carousel type of display to hold them. It is two tier and turns around so people can look at the animals. We set is up on one of a 6' long table. My DD makes gourmet hot chocolate mixes and puts them in pint glass jars. Lately I have saved her the glass jars from the Starbucks frappichinos I like. Then I soak the jugs and lids, pull off the labels and she fills them with hot chocolate mixes. People like the fact that the jugs are recycled. She makes packaged rice mixes and dream catchers as well.
We have a portable closet thing from Walmart that we hang baby blankets, scarves and baby blankets on. I made a jewelry tree from a 3' piece of PVC pipe. I put a wood closet rod in the middle of it and found a pvc fitting that has screw threads, It fits into a toilet flange which is screwed to a lazy susan and the whole thing is held down by a half cement block which keeps the mess upright. I drilled holes and put dowels like branches through it and hang the necklaces with hanging lengths of chain I can hang earrings on it and the whole thing takes up about a foot and a half on the end of the table.
I make crochet hat, mitts and a few scarves, baby blankets and jewelry. I use found and industrial items for the jewelry. I sell all the hats for $5 each. Mitts are $5 baby blankets $20, necklaces $10 and earrings $5. Our display takes 2 hours to set up and everyone usually wants us to come back because we look good. Looking good is like my Dad said, you attract prey by luring them in. So we try to stay pretty. The blingy the better.
Peg up here it is variety that saves our butt usually. If they are not buying jewelry they are buying crochet stuff or animals or food products.
Miranda, hang in there, try to get a bit more rest and each time an unhappy or worried thought comes along squash that puppy. I usually picture them like horrid roaches and squash them in my imagination unmercifully and with relish.
Tammy, blessings and praying that you feel more up to par quickly.
Patsy, God bless and still praying.
Jan, what are golden years????? Do they equate with retirement??? or some such ;>)
Off to church and then back to crochet up a storm, they cleaned me out of mitts and there is another bazaar this coming Saturday. After that nothing until 12/1. Phew....

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile

Daughter loved her cake! I took out my fine china for our tea party lunch. Had punch too in case some folks don't like mint tea. We beat a tiara pinata into submission..... and we pinned the tail on the donkey.

My husband was incredibly helpful with the party everyone seemed to have a good time. I had a wonderful moment. My husband isn't thrilled by the fact that I homeschool although he's never come up with an actual reason why. Anyways, one lady there was astounded when she heard Nikole reading her birthday cards. She knows that I homeschool and so right in front of my husband (giggle) she asked if I wanted to homeschool her kids because her six year old was having trouble reading!!!! AWESOME moment of confirmation and support for all I am attempting to do in my children's lives.

The kids all had a great time playing and it was a wonderful party.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  10:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
LOLOL forgot to set my clocks back and the one in the bedroom set itself (it does that for the time change just like our tv and computers) and we thought it went blingy and set it "right".
Wasn't til I read where Peggy said she hoped we set our clocks back that it HIT me... ROFL LOLOL to funny... :):):)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  1:01:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody! Another dark,chilly day,but no rain! Will we ever see sun again in Ohio?haha
Bunny, so sorry that you didn't make much on your crafts. Things are so tight with people that I've always wondered if ya'll break even at least.
Hi Luanne,been missing you. Good to see you again!Thankful that you are safe after all that bad weather.Did you get any snow or just wind?
Tammy, why can't people just be grateful for the help and not be so snooty? BIG hugs girl for enduring that!
Hey Janet, I have a thought on those"Golden Years!" We drink lots of golden chicky soup then leak lots of golden fluid!hahahahaha Yup, that adds uo to the golden years! hahaha
Peg, love,love,love the colors in your chandy. What a Classy piece! Lucky you!
I gaurantee that all of you will hear a lot of cackling from NE Ohio because that's what we do best when we all get together. We are a JOLLY bunch! A great way to start off the Thankful,Blessed Holiday Season, don't ya think!!!
Mom and I are really looking forward to the craft show and lunch somewhere afterward.It's always a good-time for us. I am still hoping to find my niche in the crafting world.I just know that one of these days,something I see is going to make me say...*ping*lightbulb over my head*..."hey, I can do that." I haven't given up hope.
Cherime, I would love to see a pic of that stuffed animal carousel. How clever of you! A great display I'm sure.What kind of hot chocolate mixes does your DD make. My SIL enjoys those variety gift boxes of hot chocolate. Now we can't find it anymore.
Kimberly, looks like you put together a fun party and by the look on her face, I'd say that the Birthday-Girl really enjoyed heself!lol
How wonderful for you that that lady expressed interest in home-schooling for her child that is having troubles. That was good for your DH to hear.
Patsy, only you would screw up the clock issue!!! hahahahaa :P
Well, make it a Blessed Sunday Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  5:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Evening girls,
It is a very cool and dreary in my neck of the woods. The shower was nice and the bride loved it so we as sister in laws decided that was the blessing we wanted. I went to church this morning which always does my heart good. I am hoping this week with the butterflies will be better and though I have done lots of clipping of wings, they seem to need more. But I know God will give me what I need to love them and mold them as He wold see fit.

Peggy I just love that chandelier. The colors are beautiful. My bible study gals and I just finished up The Patriarchs by Beth Moore. WE are getting together tomorrow night to have supper and decide what we want to do. We are thinking a short one until after Christmas and then after Christmas we are going to do either David or A woman's dwelling place by Beth Moore. We don't want to not meet until after Christmas. Several of the girls need our weekly time together. As for Jax, he has found his few spots. He still gets into trouble but most of the time I think it is his curiosity. I am crocheting a scarf right now. I wanted to be a bit more secure on the single and double crochet before moving on. I m hoping to get it done by Christmas for my prayer partner in my bible group.

Kim I thought your birthday party idea was wonderful gladd it went well.

LuAnn glad you have electricity and that you are ok. I feel for those out there who have lost so much.

Judy I think I will come to your neck of the woods for a Jolly good time...heheheh

well ladies I am off for a quiet evening before bed.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  01:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Woot! Woot!! and Triple Woot!!! We made it to 600 pages of Posts. Doesn't it seem like we were just celebrating 500 pages?

WELL WELCOME HOME GIRLIES...you all have been MIA a bit too long...but glad to see ya All back chatten up a storm!

I made it to Church this morning despite a terrible headache and Fibro pain so bad that I couldn't
lift my arms up in Praise...but non the less I made it and so glad that I did. I would have missed
a really good service had I not been there. I can watch it on a live stream on my computer which really
helps for those days that I am beyond being able to push myself to get there. But it is just so much
better when I can be there in person...with my family.

Cherime...so glad that your Craft Sale went well. It sounds like you had some great items. I too would love to see your carousel display. Take some pictures after you set up your next Craft Show...so we can see.
It is hard to find good Hot Cocoa Mixes...that would have appealed to me. I love that you recycle the Starbucks Frap. Bottles too. I have done the same thing with all kinds of bottles and jars that I like.

Kimberly...thanks for sharing the Party Pix! You looked lovely all dressed up for the Tea. I could tell that your daughter thought her birthday tea was exactly what a Princess should have for her birthday.
You are a good mama! Making great memories for the kids is so special! My boys still to this day talk
about different birthday cakes I made for them that they loved when growing up. I too always made a big deal out of birthdays and all Holidays. I still do! Even though I no longer have kids at home...I still
decorate for every Holiday. My DH thinks I'm silly...but it brings me joy and pleasure as well as my
neighbors.
I loved that you DH got to hear that other mother ask you about teaching her kids. It does validate what
you do with your own kids. Way To Go Mom!

Patsy...there is always someone who forgets those clocks!! LOL I did only once in my life...and I showed up to a completely different Church Service than I usually attended. I couldn't believe that so many people
I didn't usually see were at the same service I was...then it dawned on me why. So funny!

Judy...I wouldn't expect anything less from you guys besides lots of laughing and goofing around...and having a great time together. I would love to be a little (no not mouse or rat) rather a little bug on
the rug and just enjoy watching you all be your crazy, fun loving selves. Some families just know how
to do the whole "Family" thing right. Then there are others that are too dysfunctional to know how to
have a good time together. So the rest of us envy what you have...wishing we had it too. So go ahead
and have a Riotous Time For All Of Us! LOL

Netty...I know my son got the chandelier at a new store at our local Mall but I don't know the name of it.
I will see if I can find out the name of it from him. It Is all colored plastic and I know it cost $40.00/it is just one of those really fun and charming pieces that my son knew I would love. He is
always so good at picking out just the perfect gifts for me. My oldest son is the same way. My middle
son is always clueless...so, he always buys me flowers...but I love those too, so he can't go wrong. I'm easy to please and just love that they remember.
I having very loving sons and I feel very blessed.

Teacher Tammy...So happy the Shower was a success. I knew it would be. I highly recommend either one of those Beth Moore Studies. I loved them both. A Woman's Heart/God's Dwelling Place is probably my favorite.
But there has not been one Beth Moore Study that I've taught that I didn't just really get so much out of it. I am also an indepth Bible teacher...so, I always have even more to add to the lessons each week. And I have all my gals participate and share. I am an "Out of The Box" or "Color outside the Lines" type of teacher...so, I will ask my gals questions that Beth doesn't ask...and they all moan and groan and say, "Hey, that wasn't in the lesson." But they LOVE it! We all learn so much from each other's perspectives. It's pure Fun and enjoyment. My oldest lady is 70 and my youngest is 15. It is such a Wonderful Group of Women...and I hope you are finding that same delightfulness in your Group too. Friendships for a Life Time!
Hey, I would love to see a picture of your scarf when you are done with it. So, take a picture of it before
you give it away to your prayer partner. Do you and your mom still get together for lessons...or has
she cut you loose on your own now?
I just had Snicker's my Scottish Terriers skirt cut off of him for the winter and he looks so naked!
But I got tired of having to DRY him every time I took him outside. His coat was just wicking up the water.
His head still looks like a Scotty but his body looks totally all wrong. My husband likes it and would like to keep it that way..but I like the long skirt on them...I call it a Kilt. They look so regal like that.

Ok My Lovelies...I came in here tonight and got on my computer about 11:30 and now it is 2:00 am. I think I need to be quiet and go to bed. LOL Me...be quiet????? That would be something new and foreign!

Prayers for all of our East Coast Farmgirls. My heart breaks over all the loss and devestation from Sandy. I pray that Wednesdays Noreaster isn't as bad as they think it will be.

Hugs and Blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 05 2012 02:09:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2012 :  08:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: Every time I read what you write, there's always something that makes me know we are so much alike. I decorate for the holidays too and I have a "Happy Birthday" cling on the microwave where I add the name of whoever's birthday it is with clingy alphabet letters. I am such a solar person and need "bright n shiny" to lighten the atmosphere during these dark, drabby months. My kids loved it when they were at home. I even left the tree up til April or May and decorated it for each month. Didn't do it every year, but it was fun to see people's reaction when they walked into the room and saw a Christmas tree decorated with kites or eggs.
Oh and I promise not to kill any "bugs" at Judy's just in case you happen to make it there. teehee Judy and I had such a big guffaw on the phone when I called her yesterday because I was trying NOT to sneeze( and I can make some awful sounds) and she thought I was having a heart attack. ROFL ROFL *wiping eyes* if i could have just said "sneezing", she would have known, but no, i have to keep catching my breath....guess you had to be there..lolol
Oh and you reminded me of the time we forgot to set the clocks right and we got to church an hour early and had to wait with 5 kids wondering what in the world? LOL
I agree a Scotty is only a Scotty with a 'kilt'. :) Regal is the right word.

Lynette: so good to see you. I sure do miss church programs, esp. at holiday time. we had more boys than girls in church one year and my daughter (then 4) had to be a "wise man", and she was NOT willing, almost didn't do it. the preacher went up on stage and hunkered down beside her so she wouldn't leave the stage..to cute. another time, we used my baby boy for "Jesus" since he was about 2 months old. he looked so cute laying in the manger. I hid a bottle by his side just in case he got fussy, but didn't need it. of course, that made mommy and daddy mary and joseph.. :)
..and there's something special about children's voices sweetly singing hymns.

Tea Tammy: you just keep on keepin' on and God will help you with those lil butterflies, even if they look like ants after you're done clipping wings.
you just come on up and have a jolly time with us. you could use some cheering up. :) hugs
I'm crocheting bits of yarn into granny squares, who knows what they will become, but it sure soothes me to crochet. glad I can do it.

seems like we're having an early, harsh winter starting out and it's not even "winter" yet. hoping Wednesday isn't as bad as they're saying either. as if we need this on top of Sandy..hunker down girls!

hubby says he's ready to drive the 500 miles to ohio next sunday. I covet all your prayers.

hugs n prayers to all, Patsy xo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page