Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  10:16:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow, so much going on with everyone.

Peggy, happy birthday. Hope you at least have a restful day. I hope it is pain free at least. I've been ok pain wise. It is usually the worst in the morning for some reason. But alieve makes it bearable.

Kimberly, so sorry for all your troubles. Good thing you have good support from your dad. Hopefully you will be able to work through all this.

Charime, how sad about your little dog. I would be devastated.

Judy, glad the move is over. I hate moving with a passion. Now to get everything put away and rest up.

Patsy, so glad you both are home and DH is on the mend. Hopefully there won't be any lasting health effects of this terrible experience.

Not much going on in my world. Peggy, my mom decided her guy friend in Calif. is just too old and is afraid she will just be a caregiver again. He fell while she was there and she pretty much took care of him the whole time. My sister has decided not to get back with her X. His daughter that caused the numerous divorces before is in drama mode with her life and she is afraid it will be the same thing all over again. His daughter is fighting a custody battle and my sister is afraid if she loses it, she will just move back with her dad.
My son's new girlfriend is giving him the cold shoulder. He went to the mountains instead of spending the weekend with her. He did invite her but she had things she had to do. Now she won't talk to him at all. But she says she isn't upset and everything is fine. He is a bit confused but knows it is over.
He realizes that if she is mad about something so little as this, how would she be if it was really bad. He is ready to move on but loaned her his prized quilt that he made himself and is trying to figure out how to get it back in one piece. He is going to talk to her mom and see if he can get it back that way. They got along really well.

School is ...well school. Just homework and working in the library. Not much energy left for creating. I have been working on some little fabric postcards. More like mini quilts. They are something I can do on the run or watching tv.

Prayers for everyone. I may not always post, but always thinking of everyone and thinking good thoughts.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  10:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Ps..Patsy, happy belated birthday!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  4:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Chickies! Glad to see everyone back. It was quiet there for awhile.
Kim, Praying for you and yours Girl!
Cherime, So sad to hear about your sweet little girl leaving you. The way she left is so sad. Praying for your emptiness!
Peggy, Happy Birthday To Youuuuuu.....hope you didn't have a shot of Nyquil as a toast for your Special Day! *giggle*
Feel better Girlie! Love Ya!
Patsy, so happy to see you on here again!
We're still painting our rooms. Yesterday we painted the upstairs hallway...one coat anyhow. Today I did some touch-up painting getting ready for the second coat. We still have two rooms to go before my Sissy&Bro come to visit...if he's up to it! *giggle*
I want a Sissy-Hug soooo bad...and I don't think I'll be able to let Jim go when I get hold of him. I'll be Praising God and holding tight!
I took my Mama her laundry back and brought her trash home since she still doesn't have a trash can yet. The land-lady is spose to be taking care of that but she's been away for a few days. We take Mama's boxes and newspaper to the recycle for her too. It's getting there girls....but I am really tired. Went to bed at 9:30 last night and got up at 10 this morning. Wow! I was a tuckered Girlie! *giggle*
Nite All!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  7:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Took Olivia to the dog groomer this morning, they did a terrible job on her. For $35 I could have done it myself and saved the money. I can't clip nails though. Now, instead of looking like a Yorkie, she looks like a Chiuaia(spelling?) I hope it grows in some before we get the below zero weather!!!! Good thing she has a fur coat!! LOL!!!!Peggy, hope you had a great Birthday today and felt good enough to enjoy it. It is out 26th wedding anniversary today, so we went out for dinner at a steak house where you grill your own steaks. It was a treat and so delicious, but, oh so expensive. Good thing it was just the 2 of us.
Judy, You sure have been busy painting. It will look like a whole new home when you get done!!
It rained all day today, and most of yesterday. Now tomorrow it is supposed to get cold and stay that way now for the rest of the season. Good bye warm weather!!!
Off to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  12:56:19 AM  Show Profile
Evening girls...

Patsy...I agree with everyone else...so good to have you back on the Porch. Sounds like you guys had a FUN Fall Celebration with all your leaves etc.
When I lived in Spokane, I would always go to the large Park across town and run through the leaves, jump in them and lay in them and look up and watch more fall around me. I always associate Crisp, Crunchy Leaves with My Birthday.

Netty...I just don't get the boy/with girls names and girls with boys names.
I have a 21 year old Step-Granddaughter whose name is Lincoln. I told her parents that she better be a strong young woman to carry off that name.
I called her Lilly...
And she had a name she called herself...but it was just as strange as Lincoln if you asked me so I never tried to remember it nor call her that.

I knew two little girls in Montana who had strange names Eggy and Meggy. Now Meggy was ok but I always felt sorry for Eggy. I thought her parents were kind of cruel naming her that.

Dianne...missed you girl. I have heard about PUSH before too and I thought it was really cool. Pray Until Something Happens...is always great advice.

Bunny...good to see you on The Porch. Well it sounds like your mama made the right decision about her friend. And hey...sounds like more good news about your sister not coming back.

Glad that school is going fine and your Library Job too.

Sorry, sons girlfriend is not turning out to be the one for him. But I sure do hope he gets that Quilt he made back. My oldest son Chris made a Quilt when he was a Sr. in High School. His grandmother taught him how. It is still his pride and joy.

I love your little Fabric Postcards. I have gotten two beautiful ones from you and one from Patsy. They are the most adorable pieces of Art...just brighten the stops I have them displayed in.

Judy...I hope you finally get finished up with your home projects and Mamas. You are going to need to go into hybernation for the winter...just so you can get caught up on your sleep.

Glad to hear that your sissy is coming to visit. And I bet you won't want to let go of either one of them for the whole time they are there.
Family is precious!

Janet...sorry that Olivia's grooming was a bomb! I hate spending that much money too...when they come out looking worse than when they went in. Dont you wish you could ask for your money back sometimes?

Thanks girls for all the Birthday Wishes.
I pretty much had to postpone my birthday for a better time. I am so sick!
But DH gave me some funny cards and some nice gifts.
My boys want to take me to McGraths Fish House...when i feel up to it (food sounds gross at the moment). I want to wait until I can really enjoy it. I love their Coconut Prawns there and want to relish every mouthful.
Have to say that in 61 yrs...this was my worst birthday. Just in the fact I am so sick. But I am happy to just be alive and kicking...many in my family have not made it to this age.

Thanks for your prayers for my Mom. She went home today...I think...not sure because I have been too sick to call her for a few days. The last time I talked to her she was in a bad mood. She has her best friend coming to stay with her for a few days...and mom said, "Oh she is so afraid that I am going to ask her to do something for me...I would just as soon she not come at all." Well, anyone who knows my mom well, knows that if you offer to do one nice thing for her...she is going to HIT YOU Between the Eyes with a Laundry List of everthing she wants done. I don't blame her friend for not really wanting to go be with her when she is in a "needy" situation. I obviously can't go stay with her because of catching this bug...but even I look at it as possibly a blessing in disguise. And I know that is awful. But it is the awful truth! I am just glad that she is out of the Hospital and Nursing Home...but I worry that her ritual afternoon drink...may have been the cause of her accident. She has no idea what so ever how she fell. Another weird thing...she asked my BIL to go over and clean all the blood up that she swears was all over the basement stairs and carpet. When he got there...there was no blood anywhere. When he told my mom that...she called DIL Debby (the only other person with a house key) and asked Debby if she cleaned it up. Deb said no, she didn't see any blood when she went to get moms clothes for the Nursing Home.
To Listen to my Mom tell the story...she almost bled-out. All I can do is just leave her in God's Hands...I don't know what is going on with her. Pretty Strange Is All I can say!

OK...my NyQuil is kicking in...I better hit the bed and pray for a better nights sleep than last night.

Keep warm and cozy girls. Hugs, Prayers and Love to YOU ALL,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 26 2012 2:35:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  12:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Janet ...Happy Anniversary!! Big Hugs! 26 years, good for Yuns!
Just a quick note....
I fouund gas for 2.99 today.SHOCK!!!!......what's yours?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  2:40:35 PM  Show Profile
Janet...got your birthday card today!! Thank you that was so sweet!!! And Happy Anniversary!!! That will be easy to remember for me. LOL

Judy...gas for 2.99...where were you? In OZ? Our gas is 4.49 a gallon or higher...I
haven't been out for a few days. I would almost drive to Ohio for gas prises that low. LOL
The last time I filled up "Sassy" Bug it cost me over $60.00. I am thankful we don't
own any SUV's...WOW! Our Buick costs just under $80.00 to fill up and it gets better gas
milage than the Bug around town (not on the Highway).

Still feeling like a Mack Truck ran over me. Off to take my nap.
More Later girls!!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 26 2012 11:47:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  9:55:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy--Happy birthday! I am an October baby as well!

cherime---Hope it all works out.

We are still busy building and trying to beat our deadline to move in the house. Certain things have been delayed and that is stressful but nothing can be done about such things so we move on. Will post new pics as we have them. Rain and cold came today so fall is upon us. Trying to pack the house but with four active boys it is a challenge but I love them all. My parents just left town and I miss them already. Having family far away is not enjoyable but we are working to change that and they are in love with our new country lane (the house next to ours is for sale) so fingers crossed!

Have a wonderful and productive weekend.

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  11:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn...went on your blog and looked at your pictures! Oh, that is going to be a lovely
Farm and Home for your family. What is your move in date? Is that creek or lake or river...
what ever it was that you ALL were enjoying...on your property? If it is...you were very
blessed to be led to that wonderful acrage. It looks idealic!!! What a perfect place to raise
four boys and a couple dogs.

So, when is your birthday in October? I have only known just a very few women born in Oct. until
I became a Farmgirl and now I know quite a few. Which I find so cool!!

Hopefully your parents will be able to get the property next to yours and then they won't be far
away anymore. Wouldn't that be just awesome!

Well, hope you will come on more often and share about your little piece of paradise and your
lovely family. I raised three boys...now grown men. They were a challenge and a joy! But we
made it and I am very proud of the men they've become.

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 27 2012 12:01:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  08:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yay! more October birthdays, now I don't feel so lonesome. :)

Kathryn: went to your blog, enjoyed those wonderful pics, what a gorgeous place! We raised 3 boys and 2 girls on a farm and rural places,so feel lucky in that respect. We had goats, rabbits, chickens and a horse. Was heaven, miss all that now. Enjoy!

Am off to a new Wal mart that just opened here yesterday. The old one was ok, but now we have a Super one. Hope it has a clinic, would be nice.
ta ta for now...will let ya know what I find. :) xoxox

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  11:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Peggy--October 8th. Our move in date is first or second week of December. We feel so blessed to have found that land. It is a creek at the back but there are places that are really deep (over a horses head deep). We found the land by cold-calling a few people about another piece of property and found this one. It was never on the market.

My parents living next door would be wonderful and my bff in England is trying to move on the same little country lane (we need to convince a neighbor to sell his acreage that he is no longer using).

Patsy--Yay another October baby! We hope to have chickens by next year so I will pick everyone's brain soon!

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  12:05:47 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn, LOVE your place. I must admit to being a wee bit jealous. I was raised in the foothills of the Rockies and I love green, rivers, hills, forests, wildlife etc. Now I live in irrigated deserts. But God created a beauty in everything if we just look for it!!! Sometimes the looking takes some work. :) Hope your new home is a joy to all of you.

Janet, Congrats on your anniversary.

Patsy, glad to hear you are doing well, well maybe better is more accurate. Keep us updated on Jim.

Thank you to all of you for the kind words, support and emails. I know it probably sounds crazy but I feel very confident that I am where God wants me doing what God wants me to do. I can't say it's easy but I have divine peace and joy and confidence that God IS in control. Please keep praying. Dianne, your prayers have been felt. Thank you for never stopping. I don't know what's going to happen next but I know Who does and I just feel so confident that He has a plan and He's going to bring it all together. I'm making stands and setting my boundaries and even though it was scary to do I had immense peace while doing it and afterwards that I just know was from God. I beg you all not to despise my husband but rather pray for him. He is a man of many talents, skills, abilities and could be so much he just has to get past a few things that only God and his humble spirit can bring to pass. I want to lift him up not tear him down. My sharing of my trial was not meant to put him down in any way, Scripture calls me to respect him, I just so appreciate your support and prayers so much and I've gotten to a better place where I felt I could share it with you without bringing further harm. Thanks again to all. I covet your prayers!!

Wheww. On a lighter note I got my buck yesterday! I'm going to name him, What's Up! It's kind of funny because when I got him home my husband helped me unload him and the buckling was acting all cocky like he was going to head butt him and my husband said, "What's Up!" and did a gangster pose. It was so funny. And I thought, what a perfect name for a buck. They always have that little attitude going on. He has a pretty color. Kind of a strawberry roan. They said when he was born he was a solid red but now his body has a very light color to it. Really reminds me of a strawberry roan horse. This morning hubby and son went hunting and brought home a pheasant. So hubby was cleaning it when he called me to help because I'm the "expert" at butchering birds and there was NO chance he was getting his big hand in that little bird! Son is over the moon excited about getting the pheasant and so proud since his daddy saved some of the tail feathers and put them on his cowboy hat. Daughter and I had a fun morning of looking after the animals and then we had a tea party and watched a Tinkerbell movie. The guys actually got home before we started our movie and she started crying because she wanted to have our girl movie. I reassured her we would still have it but if the guys wanted to join us they would be welcome to. That made her happy again.

I was just thinking today how great it would be if some of our Porchies could come to call. I'd love to serve a tea party to some of you ladies and just enjoy the fellowship. HUGS

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  1:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Howdy! Sounds like we are all having a busy week. Belated birthday to all our October farmgirls!

Wednesday night, Ric ended up in the ER. I was so scared, porchies; his vitals were all over the place and I honestly thought I was going to lose him. They didn't finish with the tests until after midnight.

Come to find out, his stomach lining is nearly destroyed. The doctor said it was the worst case of gastritis he had ever seen. Eek! So, bland foods and acid blockers indefinitely.

It sounds like we are all being tested lately, girls!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for all the welcome backs, it sure does feel good to be back on the porch! I missed you all so much...Hope all are enjoying a restful Sunday. It's dark, cloudy, rainy here, so very restful. :) Hope you all stay safe from Sandy, those who are within her reach.

Judy: Hope the gas prices are your price, (3.53 here right now), when we travel to Ohio 2 weeks from today...did I just say that? In 2 weeks I will be able to hug my sissy!!! can hardly wait. :):):)

Alyce: I agree on being tested. Glad the doc found out what was wrong with your hubby, the doc told my hubby we may never find out what triggered his troubles.

We really enjoyed our trip to the new Walmart. No clinic, but they also put in a mini mall nearby with Dollar Tree, a game store, an Asian restaurant that is a Chinese buffet and sushi place, not open yet, and a hair salon.

Feeling dozie here, might take a nap. hugs n squeezles to all :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  2:24:16 PM  Show Profile
In a picture taking mood. Went outside to get a picture of my goats and sheep grazing. I find grazing animals so peaceful. Well apparently I've already trained them well to come to me because they caught sight of me and came at a dead run!!

Here's my new buck, What's Up!

My goat herd

Took pictures of my rabbits too!

Chocolate Kiss is my daughter's 4H bunny

Rabbity is my son's 4H bunny

Baby Ruth

Blue Belle

Snow White

Mongkut is my number one buck

Chocolate Chips my up and coming buck

Schokolade

My one and only flowerbed! The mums were a mothers day gift from my parents. I thought for sure it had died when I transplanted it but here it is blooming in the end of October!!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  4:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Great picture, Kim, love all the goats and the bunnies. All of my flowers are done and gone with all the hard frosts we have been having. The ground is starting to become frozen now. It is all white out in the morning with 15 and 19 degree temps the last 2 days. We are in for winds and possibly some snow tomorrow. I can't get out and finish raking the leaves.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  12:28:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...

Kimberly love all your animal pictures!!! Such fun to have your farm family back...I am sure.

Loved your one flower bed. Very pretty for the end of October. I am impressed!

Well, today I felt half way human and actually got out of the house for awhile. My son from Seattle was
down for the weekend staying with a friend in Portland. We got together today for about an hour. He
brought me a beautiful Purple Orchid Plant and it had another Red Tropical Plant in with it. My two
favorite colors....together in one pot. Hopefully I won't kill them. I tend to over love tropicals.
And then I got two cute angel plant stickers from the girls. The angels actually resembled my two grand-
daughters...now they are peeking out from the plants at me! Madeline drew me a picture on the birthday
card of her an Naomi (cute little stick people) and wrote I Love You, Madeline on the card. She gets so
frustrated that in her four year old printing she can never get her whole name on one line...so she said,
to her dad, "I want a shorter name!" My son says, "What...you don't like your name Madeline?" She said, "Yes daddy, I still want to be Madeline, I just want it to be shorter!" I could just hear her saying that.

My youngest son is coming over tomorrow and bringing me my birthday gifts from him and Mercedies. I might have had to be sick on my birthday...but it's just made the Celebration last longer. I still want to wait on going out to dinner as food still makes my stomach feel yucky. And no, I am not pregnant! LOL

I also have an Exterminator coming in the morning. I keep finding these little tiny white worms on my
kitchen counters. It is grossing me out. It seems like every Apartment I move into...I have to deal
with ants, tree frogs, garter snakes, etc. I don't want my dog getting these worms. I just had him tested
for parasites...so, I could start him on the Flea, Worm and Heart Worm Treatment and he was clean for
parasites...so, I don't want him picking them up from the Apartment or Us getting them in our food.
Oh, I also have Fruit Flies back with a vengence. I kill them with Apple Cider Vinegar and Dish Soap in
a small bowl on The Counter...and had them licked for a couple of weeks. I guess I should be happy that
I don't have rodents or cockroaches. Things could always be worse. LOL

Well, I am off for my meds, my book and a few minutes to relax
before bed.

Praying for all of You being affected by Superstorm Sandy. The pictures don't look good!

blessings and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 30 2012 09:38:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  06:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, the goats and bunnies are so cute! Pretty flowers too.

Aw Peggy, I hope you feel better soon!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
What are we, the faithful few who keep posting? LOL really? where is everybody?

Love the pics Kim. Makes me want my goats back..and bunnies..and horse...and chickies...sigh...

Peggy: don't ya just love celebrating the whole month on your birthday? I do. still getting cards and loving it.

We just got a treadmill at our new walmart yesterday and love how it folds up when not in use, plus now we don't have an excuse to NOT walk. : http://www.treadmillreview.com/weslo-cadence-g-5-9-treadmill-review#

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  3:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, working unfortunately or fortunately however one wants to look at it.
Kim love the pictures.
Got a dusting of snow today. Slid very carefully the 40 miles into town. Interesting how one can play a pickup like a fish on a line. Went to Home Depot as soon as I hit town at 6am and got 4 bags of gravel that helped.
Praying for those on the east coast and the mid west. I hear that Chicago is expecting high waves from the Lakes. Major big time storm.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  6:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, love the pics. Mongkut is my fav. Amazing that the flowers are going so well. We still have snapdragons&geraniums. They're hardy for us until the first snow.
We'', we survived the wind, though it was crazy. I slept downstairs With ear plugs, just so I could sleep. I could still hear it a little.
Peg, I just love the things little kids say and do. So sweet.
Don't ya just hate it when bugs move inside? Fall is the worst for that although I tend to forget that when I see all the pretty colors of the leaves.
Glad you are feeling better. Hope your taste buds come(home)soon. *giggle*
Cherime, loved the comment about "slid very carefully into town," hahaha Well said! You have a Home Depot that's open at 6 AM? WOW!
We painted an upstairs room today. Only one more room left to do....until after all the Thanksgiving company is gone. Can't think of that now. Can't wait to see everyone....not gonna think about the "empty nest" afterward just yet! hahaha
I checked on one of my Farmgirl friends from N.H. and they came through the storm ok,although some of her neighbors didn't.
"Thank You Lord for all the protection for my Sistas!"
Have a great night Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  7:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies,
Im still here with all of you . I promise I will get caught up real soon. As Im not suppose to spend much time on here Im to be resting. I have hda a very long week as I was given a bad steriod shot and had to be tested for menegetis(spelling?) Well didn't test positive but stilled treat me as I had a virus but dr. say no menegetis. I told the dr. as you know I have a stange way of reacting to meds and virus so that is why they treated me. As well as they saw something strange in my blood work.I feel ok but am tried and sleepy. Which is what my body wants 2 do 24/7 is sleep. So they are keeping a very close eye on me. One step at a time. I will check in tomorrow . Hope all is well with each of you and I'll be praying.
Ruthie ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  8:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I'm still lurking about. Not much to post about. I just wake up, go to school, sleep and do homework and all necessities in between.

Thinking about all our farmgirls back east. Truthfully, I worry the most about all the homeless. I hope they all found shelter.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2012 :  8:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Drat Ruthie!! Praying for you dear.
Netty, Judy, I sure would like to sit this winter out but I have to drive in to work for the next 2 months. Could be interesting. there are a couple of very steep hills between Wasilla and Anchorage. I had to be very very careful that I gently gave it enough gas to get up the hill and I actually had the back end break loose a couple of times. But did not get out of my lane and it is sure amazing how some of the ding bats on the road dropped back when the rear end wiggled a bit. Some of them however came so close to causing accidents that it was not funny.
Peg, EUUUUH! Worms! What fun. Too bad you don't have a pet Myna bird, it would take care of that problem post haste.
Did anyone see the picture that Yahoo had of a shark swimming down a street in a town in New Jersey? Very strange. That storm is messing with so many people in so many places. How horrible for those affected.
Well night all. Off to bed. Cold and windy here tonight a turn the electric mattress pad up to 2 night. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  12:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Evening Girls...

Wow...I can hardly complain about our terrible rainy weather in comparison to the East Coast. My goodness...PRAYER ALERT!!! I can't believe the devestation of that Storm. I keep watching all the coverage on TV and I just can't even imagine going into the Holidays facing all that. Other than the fact that their blessings will be in coming through that storm alive. This is another opportunity for our Nation to rise to the Needs of Our Own.

Bunny...I didn't even think of the homeless...your comment really snapped my head around twice on my shoulders. I pray that they sought shelters and higher ground. Wow...how un-atuned we can be sometimes. That one just went over my head...I'm ashamed to say.

Cherime...they said on the 11:00 news tonight that the shark picture was phonied up and the one of the Statue of Liberty was from another storm completely and phonied up. As if the pictures need to be sensationalized right?? They are horrific as they are coming to us via the airwaves.
Glad you were careful sliding into work today. 40 miles is quite a long way to drive on slippery roads. You becareful girl. I am glad that you got the bags of sand.

Patsy...looks like you beat a few of our lurking sisters out of the brush today. LOL Busy Time of Year and going to be picking up speed too, from here on out.

Ruthie Ann...Oh, I pray to God you do not come down with Meningitis. I am so glad they are watching you like a hawk. But I will put my trust in Jesus...on your behalf. Sleep as much as you can girl. As my Dr. says...it is your bodies was of seeking "Restorative Health" for you.
Wow...such troublesome times for people with all this medical stuff going around and the storm and everything. Elections and all that big mess (which we won't talk about right girls?) Just pray, pray, pray! That is the answers for all problems....that we deal with on a daily basis. Amen? Amen!

Netty...I do feel so much better the last few days. I am taking one more night of coedine cough syrup and then I am going to try to fly solo without it tomorrow night and see how I do.

My kids do spoil me on my birthday and my husband really did too this year. My youngest son brought me the coolest chandelier today. It is more for looks than actual usage (uses candles rather than light bulbs). Haven't decided yet if it is going in the Living room or my bedroom. It is purple, red and orange (very colorful) but I am afraid that the pop of orange maybe too much for in the living room. I can probably pull it off better in my bedroom. But we will see. I need someone to hold it up in both places so, I can eyeball it from a distance before I make up my mind.
I will post a picture when I get it hung up.

Judy...one nice thing about having out of town company (even family) is it causes us to spruce things up a bit better doesn't it? For that fact, (for me personally)...I think company is a good thing. LOL
Keeps me on my toes. My husband thinks I'm the "Queen of Clean" already. LOl I think he is a loveable slob. I threatened this week to go into his bedroom/office and take pictures and post them on Youtube. Trying to shame him into cleaning up after himself. Ha! Had no affect what so ever!
Well, you can't blame a girl for threatening can you? (+:

Alyce...you need to come sit down for a real chat...put your feet up and stay for awhile.

Well girls...the worms were meal worms. Food born parasites. BUT the weird thing was that the extermenator said that they feed and then climb higher. And the side of the kitchen I was having problems with them there was only one cupboard with food stored on one shelf.
Like bags of rice, noodles, crackers etc. But the shelf was high. So, he didn't think it was from my food though I told him I would throw it all out anyway...because now I was grossed-out. He asked me how long I had been in this Apt. which I told him just over 3 months. He says, well they may have had a mouse problem at one time and before they got rid of them...they nested like back behind your lower cupboards and the worms are coming from there. He said they were unusually small and under nourished (Praise God). Anyway he sprayed some very finely cu-tglass in the lower cupboards, behind and under the stove. They get the glass on them and it cuts them up.
He proceeded to tell me that when people get parasites that you go to the health food store and get the same cut-glass mixture and mix it in liquid and injest it to get rid of human parasites. Yuck!!!! More Information than I wanted to know, thank you very much. Aren't you glad that I shared it with you, my sista's? LOL
I did find it interesting that it comes in dog food a lot because bags of dog food are stored so long in warehouses etc....but that dogs do not pick up that particular parasite.
We can though! Double Yuck!!!!

OK, now that I have thoroughly grossed you out too....(misery loves company)...I'm off to read and get my mind off creepy things that I never want in my kitchen ever again.

Nightie Night My Lovelies....
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 31 2012 12:37:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page