Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  1:37:19 PM  Show Profile
oooooh lentils sound so good right now... I always forget to buy them!!

The wedding dress is so exciting, because so much of my "vision" is finally coming into fruition, and things are changing in GOOD ways on it.

I was really worried that having two layers of fabric would make it harder to sew, but so far, so good. I took my time and read the patterns, and got good QUALITY material (and then made sure I found patterns that could use the same fabric when I changed patterns) and that Kenmore of mine is just clicking along like Momma's did, back in the day. I think I will finish the veil (I'm adding crystals to the comb) and maybe work on/finish the train tonight. I hemmed most of the edges on the organdy that I bought for the train yesterday, and I'll trim it down to size (Why did I buy so much??) and same with the netting. I'm going to make it detachable so that I don't destroy it sitting, or put holes in the dress by tearing it out.

And, even found use for the leftover fabric, maybe! I'm going to try making flowers similar to the paper flowers I'm making. I saw a bouquet in a magazine made out of old silk flowers from vintage hats, and that sort of inspired me to try my hand at making textile flowers.

I think finally getting started on the dress has helped bring me at least partly out of my funk, and to make me see how close we are! Less than 3 months now!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  7:34:03 PM  Show Profile
It is now -13 degrees outside. They cancelled schools again for tomorrow. I don't think I will be going out for breakfast with my sister tomorrow. Bob went out to start up the car and run it for awhile, it started right up. I have not been anywhere for a few days, so it just sat there out in the open.
I am on my way to bed to snuggle under the quilts. The furnace is running almost constantly. Yikes!!!!! It is supposed to get up to 35 degrees on Monday. It will feel like summer to us!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  05:34:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm alive, and putting one foot infront of the other, this darn fibro is just not playing fair! yuk!

I've finished up on the end of year stuff for the Church (one of my secertary jobs) Last Sunday I got all the tithe/contrabution statments for the year out to all the members, got the fed and state taxes done, w-2's out, I closed the books for 2012 and presented the financial report to the church for the year. woooh! I really dislike standing up infront of the church going over the books, but I feel realy good when it's done and balanced proper, and I feel really really good when we wind up in the black!

my 2nd year end stuff is almost done. You may remember that I figured out that the last secertary was taking money from the business (turned out to be about 75,000) Well, she messed the books up pretty bad trying to hide all that missing money. I've had to go back over every transacction line by line, and hunt down a years worth of receipts, and match up bank statements, so that the business can get the taxes right and boy is that a job! I am about cross eyed! The boss said he could get an exstention on the taxes, but it looks like I'm going to get it done by the deadline.

Miranda, can't wait to see the finished dress! And your cat found a lovely spot to rest from all its catness ways!
Janet I hope you stay warm, my goodness!
Cherime the pie sounds good, my son loves lemon!
Peggy take it easy lady! You are a swap queen! I am enjoying the pillow swap, all hand stitched!
Prayers for everyone's health, family health and cars!

Blessings, time to go to work.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:41:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Porchies! I have been lurking everyday..I can appreciate all of you and the fibro issues. That a bunch of health issues and arthur's itis have kept me from doing much writing. Health issues are taken care of now..I'm a "free bird"! Another big thing that has happened..DH and I are now guardians to one of our 16 yr. old grand daughters. She was in recovery for 3 months..sad..and we went to see her about 2 hrs. away Tues. nites and Sunday afternoons. She was released to us. So now we take her 60 mi. rt to and from school, and 3 x wk 30 mi. to church, alanon, and youth group. She is really such a healthy girl now. Hope she chooses to stay this way.
Jan, I missed you. I actually think of you everyday. I have the temp for Iron Mountain, MI on my Droid phone. Right now it is -5. Miranda, loved your pic, and wow, girl, you are going really speedy on your dress! Sounds beautiful!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:47:25 AM  Show Profile
I am continuing this post because I usually time out.
Cherime, Lemon Meringue? Yummmmmmm!
Peggy, burning that candle at both ends again?
Just finished my yo-yo's. Now, for the buttons!
Shanda, you must be a perfectionist! Those jobs you have would drive me wacko-er! But, I have a friend that can do what you do too..what a skill!
Well, DGD is off to school. DH is off to walk the mall. I am scrubbing floors while they are gone. Then, I'll probably crash.
I don't know what I would do without you ladies!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  07:48:16 AM  Show Profile
Morning, ladies!

First, update on Pop: Josh's oldest brother called last night and informed him that he's getting better pneumonia/flu-wise. He said that the doctors want to get his heart back to the way it was BEFORE all this started - 100% of his "normal" - so they are doing an angioplasty. From there, he will recoup in a rehab center, and in the meantime, they will do some tests for the cancer. If I am understanding correctly, he will still keep his oncology appointment tomorrow. Since the tests will take several weeks to be completed, this should give his heart time to recover. They are certain that if they don't repair what is going on with his heart, any treatment they'd give him for the cancer would kill him.

At least now, we have a plan. I'm just praying he makes it through everything okay!

I didn't work on the dress itself last night, but I did finish the veil. I'd bought a veil a while back, and it's just a simple comb with ivory netting over the face. I put crystals and a curl of peacock feathers on the comb to add a little sparkle, and got started on the train. It will be a pad of peacock feathers (which I added crystals to) with multi-colored peacock tulle coming down over a layer of aqua (think Tiffany blue) colored sparkle organdy. I'm in love with the veil! I will try to remember to take pictures tonight.

I'm glad it's starting to get warmer, here... all you ladies with less than a temperature are making me hurt all over! I don't tolerate cold/winter very well.

Well, ladies, I better get working on some of this paperwork. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will talk with you later!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  08:48:57 AM  Show Profile
Janet, you have reinforced my feeling about never moving East. I don't know how anyone can live with it so cold. I always wonder what the homeless people do to survive.

Shanda, good for you getting all that work done. I'll be looking for work this summer doing similar work. I'll have all my basic accounting classes done and will just have some electives to finish off for my AA in accounting. This cold isn't doing anyone's fibro any good. I have been in pain for a week now, I over did at work and am still paying. Hang in there.

Miranda, good for you on working on your dress! Sometimes it is great to just leave the world behind and let your creativity flow. Just hope those hounds stay out of your sewing room.

Cherime, I bet you aren't retired long. I know you will find something creative to do to make some extra cash.

Sorry to not respond to everyone. I have to get ready for school. Today is my long day. 10am to 9pm.

It is cold here too. 30 degrees for the day and in the 20's at night. Cold is cold no matter what.

Stay warm everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  09:23:41 AM  Show Profile
LOL Bunny, it's not the dogs I worry about with the sewing room!! It's the cats!! Newcomb snuck in while I was putting stuff away and went running around on me everywhere. He can be SUCH a little punk. Agnes is so small, she'll find a place to squat and hide until I feel her big, dark eyes on me.

The only problem the dogs caused was when Tessa decided that she needed to keep my seat warm and nearly knocked all my crystals onto the floor.

Judith, I worry because I feel like maybe I'm going TOO fast, but I'm not in a hurry. I think it's a combination of easy patterns and putting my mind to it.

I'm glad to hear your granddaughter is doing well! I hope she can keep getting better, too! People always try to tell us now days that it can't be done, but I have several friends who have kicked habits of ALL sorts and STAYED out of them. Like you worded, it is her choice. With all the hard work and effort, I pray she can see that life can be joyous without all of the junk!

I'll pop in again later ;)

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  10:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

I didn't get on last night because my Fibro was kicking my backside. We are suppose to get rain today and I am really feeling it in my back this time. And the fatigue is Wacko-out of control.

So Shanda, Judith and Bunny...we hang together on that girls. Keeping you all in my prayers as I know you suffer through it too.

Bunny...how do you maintain those long school hours while you are Fibro Flaring? You have more stamina than I do girl. My hats off to you!!!

Judith...you and Cherime can use each other for sounding boards on the Grand-daughter thing. I admire you both soooo much for taking on such a challenge. But those Grand-daughters will be so much better off having been under the influence of your strong love and commitment to them.

Judith...I have been praying for your health...thinking that you were just laying low because of health issues....and here you have had all this other stuff to deal with too. Not that health issues aren't reason enough, my goodness.

You are one Wonderful Person...so I know that the Good Lord will give you His strength to make it through all that you are facing. And we will help be your Cheerleaders!!! LOL

I have my yoyo's all done...just waiting to see if Denise is staying in or dropping out.

Miss Miranda...goodness girl, once you got the time and energy to sit down and work on that dress it is really turning out to be a good outlet from worrying about Josh dad (a little needed distraction at just the right time). It sounds like it is going to be Spectatcular! Can't wait to see pictures.

Your furry friends always make me laugh. I think God gave us critters to help us see the Lighter Side of Life.
They amaze me at the humor they bring into our homes and hearts and minds. They are like "Free-Entertainment"!!!

Janet...we are getting cold enough weather here and it is Nothing like what you are dealing with. I never visisted my kids in the Winter when they lived in Michigan...I always went in the summer...because living in Montana and Spokane WA for years....I had all the cold weather I ever wanted...ever again!!!

Well, I should go do my daily devotional and then get on with my day...before the Fatigue hits me.

Teacher Tammy and Cherime...more than the Molly Murphy books by Ryhs Bowen...I like better the Lady Georgiana/Her Royal Spyness Series. Be sure and add those to your reading list.

OK...Ladies...Have a Beautiful Day and Be a Blessing to Someone today.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 23 2013 10:49:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Praise Report!!! Lowes called last evening and looks like after a few formalities my GDD has a job, part time to start but a job nonetheless. Having here thousands of miles from all the stuff in OR sure helps. The best part is she wants to do things differently.
Miranda, you are like the energizer bunny of wedding dress makers!
Jan, it is nice to not to have to go out when the weather is bad.
Shanda, Peg,Judith and Bunny praying for you all, miserable junk!
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  08:07:34 AM  Show Profile
haha! Well, I took a little break last night. I wanted to work on the dress, but didn't get home till after 6, thanks to staying late at work and grocery shopping. Then I had supper to make and such.

But, hopefully today, no snags and I will have time and energy to work again on the train.

Peggy I do believe that animals are here as much for companionship as for anything! I woke up this morning and tried to roll out of bed, but both the big dogs came and slurped all over me and pinned me down. I woke up to find Agnes sharing Josh's pillow last night and Newcomb tries to share mine. They're all a mess!

Well, ladies, duty calls so I will check in again later

Pflugerville, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  08:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, awesome news! I'm sure she is feeling pretty good right now.

Peggy, I have a few breaks and most of the day is sitting. I take Advil and just don't exert myself much. I actually do more harm working in the library for 3 hours because I do too much heavy lifting for too long. I'm afraid to tell anyone at work about the fibro. I will need a real job soon.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:44:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm just jumpin on to say I've spent the last 2 days with my uncle in the hospital. His cancer finally took him tonight. He has been without a detectable blood pressure and no pulse in his hands or feet detectable since midnight last night. He was unconscience(spellin?) the whole time and just took 2 deep breathes then passed. No strugglin or pain. He had just turned 51 last week.

Please pray for his 2 children. His DD is 27 and his DS is 24. They are not handlin this very well.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry hon....

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear that. He was so young. Will be praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear the loss of your uncle. He was so young. I will be praying for you and his family.
It is still cold here, 6 degrees right now. We are supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. I have not been out of the house all wee, but have to tomorrow to work.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  6:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Angela, sorry for everyone's loss. May the Lord bring His peace to all.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  6:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Praying for peace and healing for your family Angela.

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  7:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody. I'm trying to keep warm. It's so cold and the wind is absolutely bitterly cold. Things have been super busy at work. They're having 3 candidates fly in next week for second interviews. Hopefully they'll decide soon so things can start to level out. Things have gotten rocky here again so I just haven't felt like visiting her on the porch. The man is in one of his moods again. Please keep me in prayer that I have strength for this and that doors or windows will start to open for me. Another issue is that there's more problems with the Jeep. Hopefully it's not a worse case scenerio.

On a positive note I made some of my Crispix mix tonight and I have a loaf of english muffin bread in the bread maker. Yummy snacks and breakfast for tomorrow in the making ;O) I also clipped all the furkids' nails tonith. My hopes of attempting to make dog boots didn't work out but hopefully tomorrow night I can get that started. Wish I had a cabin or somewhere I could escape to for the weekend with the furkids and just read and knit.

Angela - so sorry about your uncle. I hope your family finds peace that he's no longer suffering.

I hope all of you that suffer from fibro feel better soon. I pray all of you stay healthy and avoid this flu that's been going around. I think the count in MN is over 25 dead from it. Scary!!! I was at an event Tuesday afternoon and a woman was saying that it just keeps coming back. Her daughter had been hospitalized 3 times already with it. She'd get over it and then a couple weeks later have another bout of it again and get re-hospitalized.

Well I'm going to possibly grab a cup of tea and a book to read a bit before I go to bed tonight and try to relax a bit. I should probably do some yoga to release some stress. Hopefully things will improve and I'll be more in a visiting mood soon. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Angela...so sorry about your Uncle. He was way too young. I am praying for all the family but
especially his children. Even as adult children it is hard to lose one of your parents. I know
God will see you through this...but am also praying that you will all feel God's arms wrapped
around you and His peace that passes all understanding and pain.

RFMTammy...glad to have you on The Porch tonight. Wish you had some place to escape to for the weekend
too. It can help to just calm everyone down. Hopefully, you will find a quiet corner in the house
where you can go curl up with a good book and your fur babies...and make it known that you need some
"Me Time".

I am going to go read for awhile. Hoping to get out of this house for a while tomorrow. I have gone no
where since Monday...and even though I am still in pain...I am going stir crazy and need to get out.

More tomorrow girls.

Hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  05:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear of the loss of your uncle. Yes, he was so young. Prayers go out to you and his children.

RFMTammy, I'm not feeling too great this morn. It's early yet. So, as I read about windows opening and closing, my mind just pictured them opening and closing really fast with curtains flying in and out. Guess that explains how things are going in this house now. Have to chuckle at myself.

Cherime. Wow! A job at Lowes's! I'll bet that girl is walking on air right now!

Miranda, Sounds like you know what you are doing with your dress. If only I were experienced with something larger than a yo-yo.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  9:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry to hear about your uncle. Such a young man too! BIG(((Hugs)))girl!
So much cold weather out there. Seems like we are all having it now. Winter gets later and later each year, but when it hits,it hits with a vengence. We have had 0 temps at night and the other day was a high of 9. The good thing about the cold finally getting here is that the flu bugs die. But it's suppose to be back up in the 50's by Tuesday. I hope not. We really need these flu bugs to die. Flu is so bad everywhere. I took Mama out shopping yesterday and she wore her sweat pants under her skirt. At least she was warm. It takes awhile for my little Beetle-buggy to warm up.The heated seats warm up pretty quick though. When ya live in a small town where all the stores are so close together a car doesn't stay warm.
We sure had a snow today. About 4 inches since about 9 this morning.And it's still snowing.Suppose to snow all weekend.
I can't wait to see that wedding dress Miranda. I've never known anyone to make their own,so this is exciting.
I made a batch of stuffed peppers today.I love to cook when it's so cold and snowy. Makes the house all cozy and fragrant.
Well, it's late so I'd better get to bed.
Nite all!*yawn*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  8:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Calling all you tea ladies!!! I was given a tea for my birthday and I just had some tonight. It's lovely. I thought some of you might like to know about it. TAZO Well Being Tazo Rest Herbal Infusion. A lulling blend of rose petals, valerian root and citrusy herbs. Caffeine free. Made in Portland.

I think I'll sleep well tonight!!!

Angela, praying your family's grief is being comforted.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  12:13:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judith....hope you are feeling better, sweet friend. And hope your granddaughter will make you feel younger and more vibrant.

Cherime...hope that your granddaughters Part time job turns into a full time one for her.
Did you finish the entire Lady Emily Series yet? LOL

Judy...Sorry to hear that many of you girls are getting such cold snowy weather.
We are getting warmer and rainier weather. With some sun-breaks thrown in. I use those sun-breaks to get out and walk my dog. I'm not big on walking in the rain.
When I read your comments about it taking awhile for your little bug to warm-up...I thought, wow that's funny as mine warms up pretty fast. Duh!!! You have it much much colder where you are. But girlfriend don't ya just love those seat warmers!!!! I never thought I would use them...but boy was I wrong. I love them!
Stuffed peppers sound good. I can only do red or yellow as the green make me purp.

Today, I made Hungarian Goulash. It had been awhile since I made any and it just sounded good.

Netty...taxes!! Yuck!
I don't envy you that job. I hate working with numbers...so DH does all that for us.
If anything happens to him before me...I will have to get a book-keeper to do mine.

Kimberly...that tea sounds nice and relaxing. I like some of the Tazo teas...but some of them get to my allergies. I can't drink their Passion tea at all. And neither can my DH or youngest son.

Well today, was another stay at home day for me.
Which was fine because even though the pain was less the fatigue is still bad.
Don't think I will make it to Church tomorrow...though I wish I could. Will probably end up watching it on the computer or my Smart Phone.

Our next door neighbor lady moved today...into an assisted living home. She is only 63...so, I tried to talk her out of it...but I guess she fell a couple times in December. She never really hurt herself...but I guess it freaked her out. It cost her $1,7oo a month and then the state matches her 1700...so the facility she is going into charges $3,400 a month for a bedroom and around the clock help if you need it.
Crazy expensive!

Well, off to read for awhile.
Nightie Night Girls,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile
Peg, at the moment I truly cannot afford to get anything more. No more money in the door until 2nd week in Feb. And that is going to be tight until my GDD gets some money to contribute to the pot. The extra electricity to heat her floor has raised the electric bill from $305 per month to $377. And then there is heating fuel. So no more books until some money comes in the door.
On another note my GDD really needs prayer for strength. Her adoptive mom is or has had some kind of mental issues and the text messages Ashley gets from her are barely comprehensible and filled with attempts at guilt trips for stuff so far in the past that one wonders if she isn't dealing with dementia. That kind of stuff badly effect my GDD and it takes her days to get over it all. She is really looking forward to getting off SSI and working for her own money. She hopes that it can work into a full time position but even 2 days a week would help right now.
All you farmgirls out there who always wanted to write a book, check out Smashwords. I have two books I wrote a couple of years ago and am readying them to go onto that ebook site.
Take care all. Blessings.

CMF
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page