Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi all....I'm on with more sad news.

Hubby's only uncle that he talks to and visits died this mornin. We aren't sure what happened. We are on our way to his aunt's house now.

I'm spendin all my free time in my beadwork. It keeps me relaxed and sane. I like the repeatin patterns and the simplicity. I need it! I'll be back on when things calm down a little.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  11:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry for your loss. Praying.
Netty, too bad about your church. ;(

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:14:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear ones,
I thought I best come on here with some chocolate chip scones and some chocolate/rose tea as an offering before the porch posse was sent out. It was a very busy week. We had a major school fund raiser this past week that I was in charge of and was observed by our superintendent and so was consumed with school. ON Friday I came home and have vegged all weekend. I went to bed on Friday at 9:30 and woke on Saturday at 10. Felt good and then I got into the Lady Emily series. I have just finished book 5 tonight. Oh those books are good. Anxious to read books 6 and 7.

It has been a cold drizzly day here just the kind of day to veg with a good book. I did go to church since I m in contemporary choir and we were singing today. This next week proves to be normal so I can hopefully stop here on the porch more.

Did yall know that Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice was published 200 years ago this week. That Mr. Darcy has been breaking hearts for while since he and Elizabeth have connected....hehehehe

well time for some tea and new book not sure what yet...
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  6:54:31 PM  Show Profile
PRAY FOR MY FAMILY!!!!

On our way back from Hubby's aunts house we got a call sayin that my aunt was in the hospital and they were callin in the family. She lost her husband in october, now she's not supposed to make it through the night.

That makes 3 uncles, my grandma, and now my aunt! I don't know how much more I can handle!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  8:08:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm praying!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  9:02:51 PM  Show Profile
Angela, that's so sad about your hubby's Uncle.....and now your Aunt.I'm so sorry!May God keep His loving arms around both of you.
Praying for the losses of all my Porch-Buds!
Peg,that's so sad what they can charge for those assisted living places.
I sure wish there was a tea for all of you fibro girls to drink that would just make it vanish. I just read in my "Womens First" magazine about a woman who found out that it was caused by food allergies.She went through the whole ordeal of finding out which foods caused it and in the process lost about 40 pounds. It sounds like a lot of work,but I wonder if it could be that simple....food allergies.
Yes, Mama and I love our Beetle-Baby's Bun-Warmers. LOL Nice toasty buns without all the crumbs! hahahahahaaha
TLTammy,I can sleep like that too....long and deep.Problem is that I'm so stiff in the morning.
I feel like I'm only about 20 more minutes away from rigamortis! hahaaha
Well,we had a gray day today,upper 30's which is more like it. But by Tuesday we are suppose to be up to 60 and rain. It's just crazy weather...all over the place. Can't stay cold or stay warm....just a meandering kind of winter.
Well,nite Gals! It's midnite here and my coach and pretty white horses just turned into a pumpkin and field mice! hahaha
Sleep well Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  12:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Evening Porchies...

Cherime...I get that whole, gotta wait until money comes thing, when it comes to extra's like books.
Hope GDD's Mother can get her head on straight so GDD doesn't have to worry about her.
I have always wanted to write a book...but not bad enough to quit reading long enough to actually do it. I enjoy reading so much...I guess I will leave the writing to others at this point in my life. I have written some magazine articles over the years and binders full of Poetry....and that pretty much keeps me content with the writing urges. But good for you Cherime!!!! What kind of books did you write?

Angela...I am sorry to hear about all your losses but as you and hubby get older more and more people around you will pass. To me it is the saddest part of Living...watching those we love die.
God will get you ALL through this really hard time. It is part of LIfe (not the pleasant part either). Praying for all of you!!

Netty...I have seen Churches die off with their members. It is sad to watch happen. We just found out tonight that a small Church we attended for years...just lost another of their senior members...and it was a woman who always seemed in good health. They are going through the same problem your Church is. Sad!
We now attend a Mega Church and there is comfort in numbers.

Teacher Tammy...thanks for the Chocolate chip scones or chocolate/rose tea.
Nice to have a warm up from this drizzly day.

Well, Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy have been charming hearts for 200 years huh? How cool is that?

I finished the Lady Emily 7th book a few days ago and now I am reading another Lady Georgianna/Her Royal Spyness Series. You will have to try this series too by Ryes Bowen. They are delightful.

Judy...I wish Fibro was as simple as just food allergies. One thing that does happen if you watch what you eat (and have fibro) it will get rid of your inflamation. Which is a huge help. But Fibro is also Environmental, Emotional, Hereditary and related to all the arthritises too. I was just sharing with someone today...that in the Pacific Northwest we have more Fibro Patients than anywhere else in the Country and especially around the Spokane area where I grew up. Well, the OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University Hospital) has the most leading Fibromyalgia Center than anywhere in the World. They were curious as to why so many people in this area have Fibromyalgia and when they held their first clinic in Spokane...they had more Fibro Sufferers turn out to it than anywhere else in the world. To make a long story short...they believe that when the Hanford Nuculear Plant let off small doses of radiation to test its affects on the general public back in the 60's and 70's...that it was a major contributor to why so many people came down with Fibro and cancers in this area. Especially Spokane because they were directly downwind from the Nucleur Plant. I know that it is true that those experiments happened...I just didn't know until I was in my 50's that our government did that to us.
So, it is way too simple just to say...eat healthier and your Fibro will go away. My sister was very thin (never was over weight her entire life) and she had worse Fibro symptoms than I did and worse Rhuematoid arthritis. As you know she died at 57 just last year. My mom has Fibro and she will be 80 in a couple of months. She has had fibro since I was in fourth grade....back when they didn't even call it Fibro.
There is no known cure for it...but there are things that can help. But just when you think you have it figured out...it does something completely different.
Like, most days in sunny weather...I feel better...but some days even in the sun and warmth, I can have a terrible fibro flare. When I first got it...It was only in my feet and hands. Now ...it is through-out my entire body.

Well, I am sure that is more than any of you wanted to know. LOL

I'm off to read...

blessings and prayers,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  05:49:36 AM  Show Profile
Angela, so sorry of all the losses you have had. Prayers going out to you and your family. Hang in there, and remember, we are here for you.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  08:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Angela, it never rains but it pours! How all of your family must be hurting. To lose so many loved ones in such a short period of time. Seek God and He will comfort, He will sustain. You have my prayers.

Peggy, don't tell me stories like that!!!! I already have a deep distrust of government and large businesses and what they are doing to the public. And how most of the public follow and trust like lambs to slaughter.

Cherime, Congrats to the granddaughter. Each step taken in the right direction is a victory. I applaud her effort to improve her life and seek to do right.

Judy, I love your sense of humor and how it shines here on the Porch. You give me giggles when I need them. :) Thank you

Planning my son's 7th birthday party! Holy Cow how did you get to be that old!!!! He wants a pirate theme so I'm going to make a pirate flag cake, his pinata is a treasure chest. We bought a few eye patches and compases and I'm going to make maps and we're going on a treasure hunt. The kids play structure outside will be the pirate ship and they'll have to follow the map to find all the clues and get to the treasure. I'm planning on going to the Bible Book Store and getting things with Bible verses on them for the treasure for all the kids to take home. What greater treasure is there than the Word? Maybe I can get my hands on some Gideon Bibles too. Hmmmm, need to look into that. I'm also hoping I can find some chocolate coins for the treasure. Jackson is so excited for his party. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Not At All!....thank you for sharing all that with me. I am hearing more and more about horrible,sneaky things that our own Gov.is doing to it's own people...as if we are guinea pigs! Makes me so mad!(I can hear Mama saying,"Judy,only dogs get mad, people get angry!")"Yes Mama*bashfully*!" LOL NO...I'm mad and angry Mama! To think that we are no more important to them than that!
Ok...I'm off my soapbox! *giggle*
We have gray,40's. Tomorrow and Weds. is suppose to be 60's and rain. Then Thurs. what do you think?...20's,snow! hahaha Crazy!
This morning when I got up for my morning "Tinkle-Trip", I looked outside and ICE was everywhere. It melted pretty quick when the 'ole mercury started climbing!
Kimberly,Your welcome...glad I can lift your spirits...even just a little bit! *giggle*
Wel girls, the old groundhog will be making his appearance next Saturday to give us his prediction...and so will I. I will turn 58! I have truely enjoyed my 50's. They are a freeing age. Of course there are more aches and pains starting, but I just have to deal with that and do better for myself. It's funny, but as I age I have less and less taste for junk foods. Chocolate holds no appeal for me anymore,chips...not so much either,ice cream...only as a treat when I go out occasionally. My idea of junk food as I age is mac&cheese,pizza,a Micky D's black angus burger and fries,weird stuff that most people eat all the time. Like I said,my tastes have really changed.
What tastes have changed for you girls over the years? I mean, please tell me that I'm NOT the only weirdo here! I know some of you are still youngsters, but I just want to hear your changes!
Love ya Buds!
Later!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 28 2013 7:17:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  09:46:39 AM  Show Profile
Just popped in for a quick hello. My internet is down at home this week, till the 1st when I can catch up the bill. So I'm sneaking peeks from work. (my boss knows, so I guess it's not really sneaking, but I try to stay focused on work more than MaryJane, or Facebook)

Lots of needs and saddness here, I am praying for everyone. Boy, we all need a personal, inner spring, don't we. Looking forward to the season, but I'm praying for a bit of sunshine and flowers for each of our hearts!

I do have good news. I have been living in an apartment in the city for about a year. While I'm happy to have a home, I miss living on the family land in the mountains. Well, I'm moving back there at the end of my lease, which is the end of march. I'll be living in a cabin built long ago for my great-grandma. It's small and just so perfect. I'll have alot of work to do getting it cleaned out and replacing some items. (there was a leak in the back of the cabin, but roof has been fixed, so just need to repair the inside.) Now I can finish building my chicken coop that I started before I moved, and work in the family's garden! I don't much like city life, so I am so Happy about moving back.

Well, I better get back to work. Love and Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to let you all know that the prayers are workin! Durin the night last night my aunt started breathin better and the carbon dioxide slowly drained out of her blood. Her heart rate is still out of control, but now they are sayin she could pull out of this. She even sat up and wanted food this mornin! She ate 3 pancakes and drank 2 cups of coffee!

Praise The Lord! He has spared us this time!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  7:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
That is such great news. Prayers were answered.
HemetGardener
Farmgirl # 4720
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  12:28:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to The Porch Terri...yes, we all love answered prayers around here.

Angela...praying that your Aunt continues to heal.

Shanda...How exciting about you getting out of an Apartment and back on to Farmland and your Family Cabin. That is just awesome...if that is what you are wanting.

Judy...it is really maddening when you hear some of the stuff our country has pulled on us. It is unbelievable. And so many Americans are totally oblivious.
But...I don't want to get everyone up in arms...so, I'm only sharing my story.
How is Patsy and Jim doing? Tell that girl she needs to get on the Porch and give us a little up-date,
Well, Judy...I hope you and the Groundhog do us proud. LOL!!!
I wish that my tastes would change like yours. I crave sugar in any form and especially Chocolate...every since I went through Menapause. I wish I could convince myself that I hate it. LOL

Kimberly...oh, another birthday party at your house. How Fun!!! A Pirate Party sounds like a blast.

Hi Janet, Cherime, Bunny, Netty, Mirannda, Tea Tammy, RFM Tammy...and who ever else wasn't on today. Praying for you all. Oops...sorry Janet you were on! Sometimes you are quiet as a mouse and I miss you.

If you ever want to drive yourself to pure insanity...do 4 swaps at one time.
LOL

OK...off to read. Hope you all have a great day today!!!

We will be drowning in rain for a couple more days and then we get a few days of dry and sunny. I am so ready!!!! Doing the Happy Dancce already!!!

hugs and prayers,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  06:11:34 AM  Show Profile
We are now getting rain and sleet. It is terrible out there. All the schools and the college is closed again. Then tomorrow we are supposed to ge 5-8 more inches of snow. It is going to be so slippery and messy. We are running out of room to put the snow where we park our cars. This is a picture from yesterday.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  07:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Angela, I haven't been on the porch in a couple of days and wanted to extend my sympathies to you and your family. I was the same age as one of your cousins - 27 - when I lost my Daddy, and it was difficult. This year has been the hardest (5th year) because there is so much going on he can't be here for, but my family is coming back together, and I hope we can mend things up. Biggest thing is to hold strong together and remember the love :)

I made another change in my design last night - just a small one. I'm doing a more simple train with only the peacock netting. I'm afraid if I try and add the organdy, it will be too much... too fluffy and make my butt look too big.

I have pictures to share once I get them uploaded, resized and cropped :) They aren't the best, but it's something!

And, I think I might have found the recipe I want to use for the wedding cake! Josh is still getting his red velvet, but I still haven't decided on mine. It was in a cookbook Momma gave me that her Momma found somewhere, printed in 1941. It's an interesting recipe that uses crushed graham crackers instead of flour! Imagine that with either marshmallow frosting (cake would have chocolate filling, cupcakes chocolate shavings) or with peanut butter frosting.

I'm gonna be the size of a BARN soon!!

The story that goes along with it is cute, though... Sunday, when I remembered seeing the recipe in the book and started looking at it, I'd bought a box of graham crackers. Now, they do NOT last long in our house... Josh loves 'em, I love 'em, the dogs love 'em... and as I am reading the recipe, we're eating them. They come 3 sleeves to a box, and we finished a sleeve between us rather quickly. That evening, we had a little snack of graham crackers and peanut butter....

and finished a second sleeve. I told Josh, "Now, you're gonna have to stay out of the graham crackers when I'm ready to try this recipe!!" and I got the face like he was surpsied I even said it. Riiiiiight more like . When I DO try it, I will let you all know how it turned out. I will try and share the recipe, too. Maybe I'll even stick it on my blog!!!

Well, ladies, I better start editing these pictures of my wedding dress progress so I can share them! Hope you all have a good day, and those of you in the cold, stay warm!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  08:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Janet, sweet, sweet snow. I miss snow. The rain and sleet you can keep though! :) I have to admit though that doing my chores without wading through snow is a lot easier..... Take the snow days and go sledding or snow shoeing or something else fun. Make snow angels and have snow fights. If you have to have it you might as well have fun in it! The brief days that we had a skiff of snow we went sledding and had snow fights and made a snow man that was more muddy dirt than snow, but that's okay cause we had fun.

Miranda, looking forward to pictures of the dress. Your cake sounds wonderful. I had Black Forest Cake for mine. Always wanted that delicious, heavenly German cake for my wedding and I was able to make it happen. :) I have your Cherokee Proverb written down and on my desk. I really liked it. I'm thinking I might need to make something out of it.....

Praying for those who have made requests.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  09:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, How exciting to move into a cabin!!!! I love cabins, especially if they are nestled in trees surrounded by mountains!!!! Please post pictures. Oh cabins can just be made into the coziest, sweetest homes. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  09:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, I envy you going home again to a little cabin. I'm a fish out of water where I am right now. My son is also living in a city area and we are both consumed by how to get back home. Home for us is the mountains by Yosemite in California. We both had to leave when the economy went south. So happy you get to be where you feel like you are home again. We would love a picture of your little cabin!

Maranda, sounds like you have some fun in the kitchen planned. My last marriage I just made a Duncan Hines cake from the box with some white candy roses that my friend and I made a few weeks earlier. Everyone said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. My point, don't over do it. Just have fun. Can't wait to see your dress in the works.

Janet, your weather just doesn't sound fun at all. Hope it lets up soon.

Not much going on for me. Just homework and naps. Fibro is manageable. I just feel like I have the flu all day every day. No pain other than that. So I just poop out about 3:00. Mondays and Wednesdays are the hardest.
My mom has been sick with a bad cold. She is milking it though. She has literally stayed in bed almost all day for the last week. I told her one more day and she better go to the doctor. She said she was fine just tired all the time. Today she is actually going out and about.

That's all for now. Later all. Stay warm!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  10:03:03 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I'm trying to figure out how to work the proverb into my wedding! I'm not sure if I will paint it on a sign or have the pastor read it... we shall see!

Bunny, don't worry, the baking thing isn't a big deal for me. We're not going to be super fancy shmancy with the cakes because it's a lot of mess and work or money, and we're both just simple folks. I fell in LOVE with a magazine Momma got me, Flea Market Style WEDDINGS. The cakes were all VERY simple and have given me some ideas!

Pictures, as promised!

The dress:
(Well, skirt. It's not hanging quite right because I haven't pressed it or installed the elastic in the waist. You get the idea, though. Lace over shimmer satin, and the detail pictures show you the sequined flower trim I added to the hem of the lace overskirt.)

Front

Detail

Back

Back detail

Side, close up (again, not hanging right, but yes, the front raises higher than the back)

Side, at a distance.

More pics to come, later ;)

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I spent my honeymoon at Yosemite. Would you be familiar with Fish Camp? We stayed at a very nice bed and breakfast there. I know how you feel about being a fish out of water. I've discovered that although Canada and the US are sister countries we are different, and I don't really fit in well. PLUS I'm a foothills of the Rocky Mountains gal. From the land of the Grizzly and the Timber Wolf and I'm living in desert. Wrong, I tell you wrong.

Miranda, your dress looks lovely. I LOVE lace. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm so happy that your Aunt is feeling some better.Continued Prayers!
Shanda, how cool is that,that you get to move back to the family cabin. I'm sure all that work that you are going to put into it will be worth it!
Hi Terri,welcome to the porch. Always plenty of room on here for another gal who appreciates calorie free,rich,gooey goodies....in the virtual sense of course. hahahaaha Grab a chair or glider seat and a quilt and chatter along with us anytime. *hands you a steaming cuppa* Enjoy some of our goodies that we've been bringing here from time to time. There's plenty for everyone!
Oh Janet, the snow there is so preeeety. You're probably saying..."UGH...Nuff Already," especially with that sleet too. It's all nice to look at...but nice to stay inside! *giggle*
Miranda, your dress is going to be beautiful when it's done. You have a lot of talent girl! Very nice!
I love graham crackers too...and really gingery ginger snaps.It seems like the plainer the cookie anymore, the more I like it!hahaha I know, not a normal gal!My sweet tooth weakness though is marshmallow fluff...and a spoon....err...uhhh...maybe a shovel??? hahahahahahahahahaha GOOD stuff!!!
Mama said that my Grandma on Daddy's side ate it like that too! *whew* I thought only(I)was weird!LOL
Well, we had a 62 temp and sprinkles today as we ran errands. This is January???
We have a new warehouse type store in the next town that buys goods from storage shelters and estate sales and sells it. What a great,albeit,dirty place. Hubby and I have so much fun there. They have everything from antique tools to old metal bedpans,urinals and chamber pots, dishes and cookware to funiture and appliances.Model-T horns to french doors.All cheap. If you don't like the price, they'll haggle with ya! The gal who works there worked at the jail with us back in the ninties and is a sweetie and saves stuff for us that she knows we are looking for...like mirrors. Since we painted our house last fall we've been hanging mirrors everywhere...wherever it's dark, and WOW...what a difference it makes. Brings a lot of light to that spot. Have a long,skinny,dreary hallway? No problem...just hang a few mirrors, all shapes, all sizes. So that's what we did today...we went junkin"! Fun,Fun,Fun!!
Patsy and Jim have been doing pretty well. He hasn't had any problems at all...Thank the Lord! She's lurking and reading...I know she is....Patsy...Get Yer Buns On Here and say HEY!!!
K gals...that's the best I can do.hahaha
Catch ya'll on the flipside! Nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  5:05:01 PM  Show Profile
Prayer Request for my Grandma June. Looks like Grandpa Floyd will be meeting Jesus soon, In a few hours. Grandpa is a man of God, a pastor for many year. He turned 88 this last friday, and grandpa and grandma have been married 67 years. While we are sure he will be rejoicing with Jesus when he closes his eyes, there will be tears shed. Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  7:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
just thought I would stop in before bed. It has been foggy and cold here and tonight it is to be very windy. I am so ready for spring.

Peggy I saw the Lady Georgiana series. I came across another one too...but the name of the series has slipped my mind at this moment. I am hoping to get books 6 and 7 for Lady Emily later this week.

Angela you are in my prayers so sorry for all you are going through but God is with you through it all and he will give you the strength you need

Miranda lovely dress...such beautiful work

Bunny so glad to see you here is your homework hard or just lots of it

well ladies I am off to have some tea and read a bit. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2013 :  01:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...

I am on here even later tonight than usual. I just really know I am tired when I have to go back and respell Porchies right. LOL

First off before I forget:

Shanda...praying for your entire family and praise God that your Grandpa loves the Lord and has been a Preacher himself. We all know that once he closes those eyes of his for the last time...the next time he opens them he will be seeing Jesus face to face. He will be rejoicing even if all his loved ones will have tears streaming down their cheeks. I am sure it will be very hard for your Grandma as they have been married for a Wonderfully long time. You will all just really need to rally around her and be her support. I know God will have his arms around her too.

Miss Miranda...I am loving the color of that Wedding Skirt of yours and the lace over the top is stunning!! Oh, how beautiful! Nice work on it too. Can't wait to see the veil and the top to the Skirt.

Janet...Oh, girl I will pray for an early Spring for you!

All the rest of you I dearly love (and don't feel offended that I didn't address everyone tonight)....and so glad to see so many chatten on the Porch today.
{{{{{{Group Hug}}}}}

Today I went out with my youngest son for awhile. He was running errands for work and home. So, we went and got coffee first and then we sat and worked on our Tablets while we drank it.
I found some really cute and inexpensive Valentine Stuff for the Grand daughters today. I like to send them each their own little pkgs for every special holiday.

Then later in the day (late afternoon) my DH took our son and myself out for Chinese Food. It was good.

Then tonight I checked in on all my Swaps (all going good...which makes me a happy hostess) and did some knitting.

Now, I need to get to bed. I am still fighting fatigue. Pain levels are much more managable now.

Sweet dreams and bed time prayers,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page