Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  2:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Love all the flowers! I'm pretty much a ba humbug for Vday. Never got anything from either husband. But always did something for them. Now that I'm single it just doesn't mean much.

But glad everyone else is enjoying it. I'll live through all of you.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  12:41:41 AM  Show Profile
HI My Porchies...Hubby got me a Huge Valentine Card today too. It is rediculously large!
But Fun!!! He took me out for Valentines Dinner a couple days ago...as I had to teach
Bible Study tonight.

A lot of the gals didn't come as they were doing Valentine Stuff with their hubby's or families.

I got spoiled by my MJF Secret Sister today. Wow...she is just great about sending me a pkg about every two weeks.
She sent me a beautiful Heart Frame, two Vintage Looking Valentine plagues, and a bag of Godiva Chocolates (My Favorite). I was a good girl and shared them at Bible Study...so, I wouldn't sit down and devour the entire bag by myself.
I also got YoYo Hearts in the Mail today. So, I had a lovely Valentines Day!

Patsy...oh, I love fresh flowers in the house and especially Spring Flowers. We don't have anything blooming here yet.
Crocus are up but not blooming.

Judy...Oh, sounds like hubby was good to you too.Gotta Love sweet men!
Glad you and mama had a fun time.
I can't think of a more fun day than going to all your favorite haunts for bargains. And ice cream cones sound kind of cold for the weather you have been having. Brrr!

Bunny...it is not nice for husbands not to be somewhat romantic on Special Occassions. That would have soured me on Valentines Day too. It hurts when you are a giving person but others don't give back. We should write a book..."Marriage Rules For Men".

Cherime...you were saying that you were trying to get some e-books published. Well, I just want to share with you...that my DH put the books he wrote in e-book format and put them out there for sale and he has been totally ripped off. People have made
his books available on their web-sites and they are getting the money for his books...not him. And other than demanding that they cease and desist...which has done no good...you can't get back what they have out and out stollen. So, he will no longer do e-books. Just thought I would share that with you.

Glad that you all liked the Rose...it isn't one of mine. I have the picture in my Picture Library but I don't even know where I got it from. I take many pictures of flowers...but I don't think that was one of mine. I think it was just a beautiful flower I got off of google images.

OK...I am tired, off to bed I go before I fall asleep typing.

hugs and squishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  07:55:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, did your DH use the Smashwords site? That is where I put mine. I even got one of the special book numbers. They are realllllly picky about formatting but other than that it appears to be a good place. I have seen some books that started on Smashwords on Amazon for the Kindle.
Bunny, my first husband was more interested in getting than giving. My second was the kind of guy who the minute I woke up told me happy V Day. He did not have a lot of money to get me things but the would vacuum the house and being told that he loved me a whole lot made for for a whole bunch of stuff.
Grandma's taxi service has to get going to get GDD to work.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  09:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Aww Bunny,
I am sorry you are down on Valentine's Day. I had two ex's that didn't do much for holidays either other than one got me a fake rose from the gas station once.
I know that hurts but I am having fun sending pictures of my birthday flowers my daughter sent me last year or pictures of my yard flowers to those whose husbands are on the road and would send flowers if they could.
Cheer up.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  12:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Netty,
I had trouble downloading pictures at first too. One key is after you use the last icon under "Format" above in the Reply screen, browse and download your picture from your files, select "Preview" and you will see your picture. All you see in the actual "Reply" message is a bunch of gobbbledygoop text.
Good luck, I would love the see the flowers.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  4:22:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters!

I'm sitting here looking at flowers. My parents sent flowers to me for Valentines and then I was shocked when my neighbor drove in and had a pot of lovely red tulips for me!!! Her son and my son are friends and we take him to AWANAS and she wanted to thank me for doing it. So completely unnecessary but also so completely appreciated!!

Love all the pictures and looking forward to seeing Netty's. Hope you're able to get it figured out.

Well gals, I think I'm going to take the plunge. I'm gonna expaned and become a real "farm" instead of an expensive hobby. Atleast that way if I don't make any money I can still expense everything. I've got an investor..... aka Daddy..... :) Right now he's making big money so it's no hardship for them. I'm just looking into things, pricing things and trying to figure out how to make it work. My rabbits seem to be selling fairly well. I want to buy some more sheep and maybe goats. I'm looking at putting up more fencing so that I can do all that. Also thinking about raising weaning pigs for our own meat and then folks can buy the others for their meat. I know of several folks that have expressed some interest in this so maybe I can make it all work. Won't know until I try....

All my Porchie Prayer Warriors please keep on praying. There are a few things happening on this end. Pray that the Holy Spirit works and His will is done.

Hugs to all

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  4:22:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies, I worked today, the hubby and I went out for steak dinner instead of going yesterday when it was so busy. It was soooo goooood!!!! Now I am full. Working again tomorrow, so that takes up alot of the weekend, but it is good to get out of the house, even though it is cold and windy out. I cannot wait for warmer weather. When it starts getting to 40 degrees, I will be out enjoying it!!!! It will feel like summer here.
Hope all had a great day today, and a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  5:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Terri, nice flowers. I really like the way the sun is hitting those"daffy's."heehee
Bunny, I'm sorry for the thoughtless man you(had).It only takes one to leave a nasty taste in your mouth,sort of like the bottom of a dirty hamster cage. Right?hahaha
A BIG(((hug))) for you girl!
Peg, our men must have shopped at the same store to find those HUGE cards! I haven't even seen any of those around...but they did! hahaaha (silly little animals)lol
WOW! You have a Great secret sister. But then you give as good as you get too,don't you?*wink* You have a BIG heart! You deserve goodies!(now gimmee a piece of candy) hahahaha
I am like my Great-Grandma...she use to say she could sit on a snowbank and eat ice cream. hahaha Yup, that's Mama and Me!
Kim, you just reminded me of a time when I was working in the Pharmacy and an order of flowers came for me. I hadn't worked there long.Everybody was asking me who they were from. I didn't know! I opened the card and here they were from my Mama and Daddy! Thanks for digging that memory out of the cobwebby recesses of my mind. I just called my Mama and reminded her of that and thanked her again for the surprise. Neither one of us could remember if it was my Birthday or Valentines day...but it was a happy memory just the same. Thanks for that!
awwwww, that was sweet of your neighbor to do that for you! Rooting for your big adventure and wishing you well! Praying for you too!
Janet,mmmmmmmmmmmm, I can just taste that steak...juicy...done just right...perfect seasonings.....yum! *giggle*
Well, hubby will be home soon.Time for a cuppa&some chat-time!
Later Gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  6:47:38 PM  Show Profile
helllo ladies,
It is cold and snowy in my neck of the woods and just got home from state wrestling. My son who made it, wrestled with all his heart but did not make the finals. He was disappointed but I am proud of him. He too will come through this as did his brother who did not make it. while there I got to see my cute little grandson who tried to feed me cotton candy...he became the cotton candy and said Grandma next week is my birthday...we are having a party...with cake...you can come...I laughed

I took the day off from my little butterflies today so I could watch my son wrestle but I doubt they will miss one day of me not clipping their wings. I shall slip up to my classroom tomorrow and put things in order.

My dear hubby gave me six roses for the first time in our 22 years of marriage for valentine's day. He felt bad he had forgotten with getting ready for wrestling...being a coach I understood that...but they were so beautiful. I nearly cried.

Peggy I heard you threaten porch posse...it is always amazing how my wings go on automatic flight upon those words..hahahahaha

well ladies I am off to have some tea and spend time with my dog Jax who seems to think he is need of my attention...gotta love having a dog like that to come home too

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  9:45:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hey Kimberly,
I am so proud of you for taking the plunge and going for a full fledged farm!! That is so great. I am praying for you Sister.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  12:26:31 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

Netty...I had the hardest time at first with downloading pictures...but now they have made it so much easier than before when you use to have to go through Photo Bucket first. Once you get the hang of it you will wonder why you thought it was so hard.
But even now...sometimes the pictures won't post...not sure why, but it doesn't happen very often.

Kimberly...awwweee that was so nice of mom and dad and the Neighbor to give you flowers. Don't you just love it??? Makes me want spring to hurry up and get here. I have to say that today it felt like Spring...Not a Cloud in the Sky...just beautiful blue and 65 degrees.
It was one of those day that you could not have possibly stayed in a bad mood if your life depended on it. It was Gorgeous!
I am so happy that you have decided to go Full-On with the Working Farm. You go girl!!! We will continue to pray success for you.

Janet...I wanted to grab you and drag you to my house today where the weather was glorious!!!!
Oh, a good steak sounds mouth-wateringly great! Or a fabulous piece of Prime Rib.

Judy..I think I saw those big cards at Fred Meyers...do you have that chain where you live? I will be happy to share my Godiva Chocolate with you. It will give me an excuse to have another piece myself. Ha Ha!
I bought my husband his favorite Cashew Turtles but he hasn't shared any with me.
That was a nice memory that Kimberly helped bring to the fore-front of your brain.
My mom and dad sent me flowers one time after a hospital surgery and I remember too how Special those were. My parents weren't usually into spending money on frivolous stuff. So, it really touched my heart.

Teacher Tammy...good for you taking the day off to go watch your son wrestle. That is a good mom!!! And I bet both you and the Butterflies liked the little break. I use to love "Subs" when I was in school because they never seemed to know what was going on and they never gave home-work. LOL

I know...I just threaten to call out The Porch Posse and everyone comes a running to visit. Hee hee!!! I'm wicked aren't I?

Hi Terri..glad to see you on tonight too.

Hey Bunny...I hope you got some of the beautiful weather today too. It does wonders for Mood Elavation!!! I was just in a Happy Place today and loven it.

Ok chickies...I am off to read.

Hugs and Nightie Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  09:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm looking at a beautiful blue sky. My mom actually cracked some windows yesterday.

Kimberly, your little farm is growing! Just go a little at a time. It can get pretty overwhelming to do on your own. I have read posts from other farmgirls that after a while have a hard time getting everything done on their own. So please pace yourself. Other than that, I do envy your energy! I know you will have a self staining farm yet. What a wonderful opportunity for your kids too. I bet they will be big helpers in no time.

Janet, so glad you were able to get out and about a little. I would imagine cabin fever would set in after a while. Steak dinner sounds good!

Well my mom wants to move in with her "friend" in Eureka, CA. They were thinking I could get a roommate to cover the money she will lose from her SSI when my stepfather dies. Then I could keep and save all my income. Trouble is I have never had a good experience with roommates. Living with my mom is hard, living with a stranger that is a pain would be misery. I dealt with that in my house in California. I know my mom really wants to give it a try with her friend. So I'm putting it out to the universe and powers that be for an answer.

Anyway, today is an all day homework day. So later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  09:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bunny,
I met a lady who hosted exchange students from the college and actually got paid for hosting. You might check into that at the college. It would be a temporary arrangement so if you didn't like that person you wouldn't have to keep them forever.
Good luck.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Terri, I'll check into that. It is a very small college. I haven't seen any exchange students around, but I'll check.
Thank you.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  3:20:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I just got home from working again today. It was busy, so the day went by pretty fast. It is only 12 degrees out and windy, supposed to get to -20 with the wind chill tonight. I am really getting tired of this weather. Maybe March will be mild for us, I am hoping.
Bunny, I wish you all the luck in the world. I hope you will find a good way to live and not have to deal with a room mate or Mother!!! I know how hard it is to survive on your own without much income. A big hug sent your way, dear sister!!!!
I will try to post more later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  3:54:38 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ladies.

I love reading about your V-Day flowers and dates. I'm kind of with Bunny on V day. My ex would only give me a gift (for what ever holiday, b-day or anni.) if there was going to be people around us, so everyone can see how wonderful he was. If we were home alone, nada! Ha! Anyway, I get goodies for my kids so that is good enough for me.

My little cabin is starting to come together. The bathroom wallpaper is gone, along with the old sink. The walls are prepped for texture and then paint. I be starting on the roll top desk remake soon, I plan to make a cement counter top with a bowl sink. I've taken before pictures of the desk and will take pics as it comes together. We removed the wallpaper in the master bedroom too. I hope to finish prepping the walls for texture and paint soon.
Kimberly, wow, you ARE going full farmgirl! good for you!
Bunny good luck with the roommate search, I was roommates with my sister once, didn't go so well.
Tammy, glad you got to go to your boys match.
Hello Terri, Janet, Peggy, Netty and Judy and everyone else! (Sorry, old lady memory!)

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  4:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Shanda, your bathroom is going to look like something out of Architectural Digest. It sounds great and very modern with the concrete counter and the bowl sink.
Best wishes for the journey.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  12:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Hello All My Porchies...I have been busy today, washing clothes and packing. Also made my Hubby
some food that should last him a couple of days and then he is on his own.

Mercedes and Shane stopped by today. Tomorrow is her birthday and I wanted to give her...her gifts
before I left for Seattle tomorrow. I bought her this really cool Rooster picture on canvas. It looks
Vintage but is just made to look that way. She was really excited about it. And I gave her a cute
ceramic muffin tin. She is a girl who loves to cook. They brought me a bag of Valentines stuff. So, I
have chocolate I can take on my trip. (+:

My oldest son Chris is coming to pick me up around noon. Hope the weather is better in Seattle than it was
here today.

OK...will try to post when I can. But if you don't hear from me for a couple days in a row...it is just
because the Grand-daughters are wearing me out...with all our FUN!!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  09:40:56 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, have a wonderful trip.

Shanda, can't wait to see your roll top desk sink. Sounds interesting. I had an antique dresser in my log house in California. It was the one thing we took when I lost the house. It is in storage. I hope someday I can use it again.
I think as far as the roommate thing goes, if I can get this job I applied for, I would rather just pay the mortgage myself and if my mom still wants to live with boyfriend and is willing to pay for the rest, I'm all for that. My son is actively looking to buy a house back home and something we can share. It will only be a matter of time before I can go back.

Blue skies here. Working on my research paper today. My homework for one of my classes was way beyond my ability. This is my jerk of a teacher and he didn't do any lecture and I have a big test on it Wednesday. Not sure why he can even call himself a teacher. he isn't teaching anything. Thankfully I can head to the math tutor Tuesday and hopefully he can help me.

Enjoy our Sunday. Hope it is peaceful.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  10:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Bunny when I was single I hated vday too. Even though I'm married I still think it's over rated. Yes it breaks up the winter doom and gloom but I prefer anniversaries better.

We're having another "blizzard ". Not much of one so to speak. Just.finished lunch. Got to get back to cleaning and laundry. Have a good day porchies.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  12:08:10 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday ladies,
I just made a pot of Valentine's tea and finished reading one of Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries. Very good book. Am going to see if I can get hold of few more in the series. There are several.

It is a nice day here althought they say the cold and snow will return this week.

Peggy have a wonderful time with your granddaughters. Love em up.

Bunny I will be praying for you and this test coming up. Sorry about the teacher and hope you get much done on your paper today.

Shanda your cabin sounds lovely.

Every one have a restful Sunday.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  1:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Tammy,
I would be happy to help you find your books. Which titles are you looking for?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  3:04:03 PM  Show Profile
Blessed Sunday girls! We had snow all night and woke up to a couple of inches this morning.Our high was about 25 today.
Tammy, I've read a couple of Laura Child's Tea Shop Mysteries too. Pretty good reads. I like The Cat Who...series too by Lilian Jackson Braun. Those are good Who-done-its!The cat,Coco always helps his human,Jim Quilleran find clues to solve the murder. Just a lot of fun to read.
Well off to finish Phantom of the Opera on Netflix.
Toodles!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  7:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!!!

I hate that life has such a grip on me right now that I can't find time to sit and rest. There should be more time comin though. I have my house cleaned and rearranged from top to bottom. I still have to make room for all my bookcases, but that won't be for a little while yet.

A friend gave me a really pretty shelf to put all my beadin stuff on. It was a china cabinet, but the big glass door and the right hand side glass got busted when he moved. He asked if I could use it cause his wife wanted it gone. Hubby cleaned all the glass out of the grooves and set it up for me.

I like it just fine. It has 5 shelves and looks very nice in the corner of our livin room. I put a little shelf that used to hold a stereo beside it for my beadin books and mags. It works really great and is much more organized.

Hubby is takin me on a little road trip this comin Friday. There is a bead show in Franklin Tennessee and he said we would go to it. He is even takin the day off to go with me! We haven't done much of anything for years except the occasional dinner out. I wanted to go to a bead show and see if I could find some really special things and collect some catalogs. Most companies won't send out catalogs anymore, but they will take them to shows.

We'll have to drop the girls off thursday cause we'll be leavin at 6am friday. Then we won't be back till about 1am so they won't be picked up till saturday. I am lookin forward to a little time off from all the work and caretakin. I feel almost selfish or spoiled or something, but boy do I need a break.

I did get one piece done this week.

The yellow crystal is my youngest's birthstone, the green one is my middle and mine, the red is my oldest's. The light blue one on the dangle is my grandson and soon to be son in law's birthstone. The latch doesn't show, but it has a dark blue stone which is Hubby's birthstone.

It's my family bracelet! I love it and wear it all the time. I picked a heart and a key for my grandson's danlge cause he has the key to my heart and he's too young to pick anything personal to him just yet.

Wow! I just babbled 6 little paragraphs about nothin but beadin. I'm obsessed! I guess I better get off here and do some beadin and try to work some of this out of my system. LOL!

It's late so I guess I'll try to catch some sleep. See you all tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  9:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ladies and Happy Sunday! I hope everyone got to enjoy some R&R and time with family. Peggy Ann I hope you've made it safe to your family's home and are getting smothered in grandbaby love right now!
Angela, I love your bracelet! Sounds like you are head over heals for beads! I'm glad you'll get a break and extra time with the hubby.
That is so cool, Netty, that you get to go Glamping with your Daughter! Please tell us all about it...one of these days maybe I'll get to meet y'all out there in the glamper world!

Ok, Picture overload warning...I can't decide what I want to share the most, so I'll share several: 1st the bathroom redo

This is the before picture and this, below is the gutted out, de-wallpapered picture. (one shot from the door, the other shot from the tub.

I struggled with paint colors, then I remembered, I'll be redoing the tub in a few years so what ever I do won't be permanent. I want a walk-in therapeutic tub (for my fibro) which is big buck-o-roos! My daughter's room HAS to be done and the lack of a heat source has to be fixed (with a wood burning stove)first. So my dad has left over white paint (from his remodel job) that I'll use. I'm making a vanity out of stuff we already have, well except the sink, I'll have to buy a new one. We already have the Mud needed to texture the walls and I'm grabbing up the plumbing parts from dad's remodel. So the bath remake is costing very little money, but a lot of time! Oh, I will be painting the wall next to the door a rustic orange...I can't go without adding a little color! Here's a pic of grandpa's old rolltop desk that will be repurposed into a vanity.

Okay, three more pictures to share then I'll stop.

This last week was the annual Valentine's Dance, which is a big, BIG deal in our area. I couldn't afford to buy a dress, but I told my DD if she could find a dress to borrow, that I would take her to get her hair done. I have no talent or patience for hair. So she did, and I took her to our local hair dresser (who is awesome) for an up-do. Oh my, you should have seen April (the hair master) do her long, waist length hair. She tied it into knots, pulling strands of hair in together, almost like knitting it! It was crazy! It took us forever to get it down, 56 hair pins! and the unknitting, and the unknotting...my arms were tired! But my DD looked very lovely!

Strike A Pose For Momma!

Okay, that's all. I hope I didn't share too much! (and this post is so long, I'm not going to preview and edit. I'm just going to submit it and hope it posts!)

Goodnight, Blessing, Peace and Love to Y'all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page