Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2013 :  10:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, DD looks beautiful. Her hair is awesome!
Love the bathroom redo. Lots of work there.

Angela, love your family bracelet. Everyone needs a creative outlet. Enjoy your beads.

Watching an old James Bond movie. Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  10:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday all,

Angela, Beautiful, professional-looking work on the beads.
Your DH is definitely a keeper.

Shanda, Love the roll-top desk. Glad you are able to re-purpose it.
Your daughter is beautiful in her dress and the hair is gorgeous.

Bunny, I like those 007 movies too.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  11:26:43 AM  Show Profile
Shanda, your cabin is going to be a dream come true. So excited for you. Keep the pictures coming so we can all rejoice with you!

Peggy, have a blast with your family. We'll miss you here, you're our mother hen. What will we do without your fluffed up feathers as you watch out for your brood?

Angela, I'm glad you found your passion for beading. And what a sweet husband to do everything he can to help you enjoy it. Hug him from me. He's a sweetheart. I just got a little kit of beads for my 5 year old daughter. It's going to be one of her 4H projects. She's pretty excited to start.

Bunny, sounds to me like you just need to get your hackles up and let them have it. The best way to "get even" is to do your best and get the best grades you possibly can. That'll show him!!!

Netty, have fun glamping! I'm hoping to eventually get my camper and then I can take my children camping in whatever form we decide to do it. I choose in the middle of the mountains surrounded by forest and wildlife....but hey I'll take a nice group camping trip too!!! Be sure to post some pictures!

Terri, where is Hemet? I lived in Wasco (just outside of Bakersfield) for three years.

Okay two stories to share.

First I got my spine straightened and my fur ruffled this morning. I'm having a lamb butchered and I've been in contact with the slaughter company. It was turning into a headache. Then this morning the lady got snitty with me. I don't care for that. I politely finished the phone conversation then I got back on the phone and called a friend. I got some information from her and called a different slaughter place, made an appointment and called the first place back letting them know they didn't need to be bothered I had someone else to do it. I also discovered that maybe they've had this kind of attitude with others before so I feel a little better that there wasn't just something about me that caused them to be rude. But seriously, if you don't want my business just say so.

Second and much happier. Yesterday after Church services the kids and I went to look at lambs. Golly but those things are sweet. We got to pet and love on a couple of them. AND..... wait for it..... I chose five ewe lambs for my new and coming flock!!!!! So as soon as they are weaned Next Year Ranch will have five more ewes. Now I'm on the hunt for a ram lamb. My ewes will all be hair sheep. Most Katahdin and Dorper. I did some pricing earlier on fencing and I think it's going to fall within my budget so I'll probably be ordering that within the week and then I have to figure out how to install it.... did I mention I was tool challenged? Just got a phone call for a possible ram lamb!! Gonna go look at them on Sunday!

More happy news. I needed some raised beds for my garden. With my back injury I have to rig things so I don't cripple myself, wussy that I am. As I said earlier I am tool challenged so I was looking on craigslist for some already made. I mentioned that I couldn't find any and so I was going to have to buy lumber and try and make them. My husband offered to make them!!!! Seriously, you don't know what a big deal that is. And he's already made them!!!! They are all sitting there waiting for me to position them and fill them. I'm very thankful.

Now I'm looking into the rabbitry expansion. The last cages I got were in Portland. I'm thinking I'll get the same ones. Maybe just a little smaller and cheaper. I'll probably increase by about 21 holes. I have to price it and see if it falls within the budget. If the shipping is to expensive I'll just load up the one ton and make a trip there. It will be a good excuse to see my friend who just moved there. The kids and I could have a mini holiday maybe.

I have been doing some research on feed as the rabbit feed costs are astronomical. I think I have something figured out that will be cheaper and yet still give my rabbits all the nutrients they need. I won't fill all the cages immediately I'll increase my breeding stock slowly with quality rabbits. I'm not in a hurry to get there just want to be set up so I can get there.

So my little ranch is slowly coming together. Okay Porchies, I'm outta here. Got to get some housework done and find out more about the cages etc. Wish me luck!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

Shanda...Love! Love! Love! The bathroom! I so love anything cabin lookin! The roll top is very similar to what I'm wantin for a beadin table. I think they are so beautiful and so handy.Blue is definitely your DD color!

Kimberly...I am so jealous! I love sheep and I want to have some as soon as we get us our own place. Hubby is totally on board so long as they are for meat. He would live on lamb meat alone if it weren't so expensive.

I am preppin for my trip like crazy. I have my list of things to do to get ready. I got a brand new rollin luggage bag last month to use for my book sales, so I'm gonna use it.

I called and asked about bein able to bring it to the show and they said yes it was allowed, just so long as it is kept zipped. They had someone caught a few years back knockin things into theirs and walkin off. So now you will be checked and must provide reciepts if you are caught rollin around with it open. It irritates me how people like that always ruin things for the rest of us.

I have to get my list of beads I'm needin ready and put the ones I need to match into my little travel case. I am also workin on some new earrings to match my family bracelet so I can wear them to the show. I am so excited!!!!

I'm off to do the last little bit of laundry so I'll be free to work on my beadwork for a few days. I just can't wait!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  5:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kimberly,
Hemet is in Riverside County in southern CA. I previously lived in Orange County my whole life so this is inland from there about 65 miles.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  6:00:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for your kind words, I do have the most-est beautiful-est young ladies in the world! My heart just about pops with love and pride for both my kids!

And I'm glad you ladies are enjoying the remodel, if I began to become to self absorbed and post too much, let me know! I've waited a long time for this little home and I am over the moon!

Party at my place, in about a year!!!! All Porchies are invited! Ha!

Kimberly- congrats on your sheep! maybe when I get this spinning thing down, I'll have to hit you up for some wool! I think it would be neat to buy and spin wool from a farm girl! I'm planning on a few raised beds myself. I'd like to see pictures of yours!

Netty, If a boy ever comes over, I'll have out my shotgun, 22 rifle, and 40 cal Smith and Wesson! And a shovel for good measure! Dating...what a scary word!

Buuny, have you had a class with Mr. Grumps again? Hope things get better, or your semester flies by!

Well, I've got laundry to finish and a closet that IS going to get cleaned out and ready for packing!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  6:59:34 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, my sheep are hair sheep. For meat only. I'm wanting to learn how to spin and weave but for this I want to get alpacas or maybe rabbits..... or goats.... or another breed of sheep.... or...... Did I mention I would have been one happy girl on Noah's ark?!?!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  7:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Just sharing a quick photo. My daughter's first beading necklace. She's pretty excited. And right this moment she is making one for me!!!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  7:50:54 PM  Show Profile
oh, I thought Hair sheep was sheep raise for "hair" HA! I've got a lot to learn about live stock. I've never tried lamb, guess I could give that a go! Live and learn!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  7:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Kimberly,
Tell your daughter she did a great job. Her color selection is wonderful.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  7:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly...I love the necklace your daughter made! I love necklaces that are only beaded or worked in the front and open in the sides and back. It looks really good!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  8:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly your daughter has got skills! Good job to her and you!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  8:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello my porchies...

I am having so much fun with with my grand daughters. They are so adorable and giving me lots of
Comic relief. I just love them sooooooo very much. The youngest loves to be read to....she will bring
You every book she owns. Lol I love reading to her. Today the four year old and I took a long walk
up a very Steep Seattle hill. We stopped along the way and took a lot of pictures of whatever she
Found fascinating. Mostly flowers, rocks, and a snail she found.

She is doing karate now...so I get to go to her class with her tomorrow after preschool. And Friday she has swimming lessons that I will get to watch too. She has a new boyfriend at preschool name Oliver. I guess she kicked
Finn to the curb. Lol Kids are so funny and so entertaining!!!

I love to watch their interaction with parents too. They have their very first cousin being born this week. A little boy
Cousin and everyone including mom and dad are pretty excited. Then in 3 more months their second boy cousin will be born. They are glad to have boys...instead of girls.

Shanda...loving the pictures. Keep them coming. Your daughters hair was amazing and she looked so pretty in that
Gown. You must be a proud momma.

Kimberly...loving all your farm plans. And tell your daughter her necklace was nicely done too. And I love being
The Porch Momma and keeping my chicks under my wings. Lol

Netty...that is really neat that you and your daughter are going Glamping. And that will be fun to meet other
Farmgirls. At my age...my idea of camping is a really nice motel. Lol

Bunny...I thought your mom did not want to take care of her friend because of his health issues? Did she forget
about her last visit? Lol. I just bet she wont stay gone long. Lol

Angela...have fun on your road trip. And Ai loved your Family bracelet.

Hi to Teacher Tammy, Judy, Janet, and our new gals and everyone else too.

Hugs and Squishies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  09:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, your daughters necklace is sweet.

Peggy, glad you are having such a good time. Lots of new babies coming your way!
My mom has always been a gold digger. She knows he has a very decent income. I also know she has probably decided that it will be well worth the time and effort. She will pull the religion tag out living in sin and all and want to get married after stepfather dies. That way she can inherit his pension and SSI. He is 82 years old. She probably figures she doesn't have long to wait. I know how she thinks. Been there done that. I guess if he gets what he wants out of the deal its ok. He had prostrate cancer so I know it isn't sex. He just wants someone to take care of him. So probably a win-win both ways. I just hate her motives and she hasn't worked to hide them.

Well, big test tomorrow. Still giving jerky teacher the silent treatment. I just take my tests and then leave. He hasn't been actually doing any teaching in class anyway. But I'm sending a big message. He has been there for 30 years. It is such a small school and low pay. Finding someone else just isn't going to happen. The Dalles is not a place many people want to move to.

Later all. Stay warm and safe.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  4:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies!Man, it's snowing like crazy and blowing sideways.Gusty too.25temp/windchill.Not much snow on the ground...just a skiff.Crazy windy though.
Angela,another cute bracelet. Neat idea with family stone colors.Kudos girl!I like the repurposing of the china cabinet.Always a good thang! haha ~woohoo~...roadtrip. hahaha
Hubby and I wwent to Kidron to Lehman's Old-time hardware yesterday. It was a nice sunny day and we had a great time and good food too.
Shanda, I love all the pics. Keep'em coming!I can't wait to see that desk in place with the sink in it.I like those therapeutic tubs too, But like you said...BIG bucks! WOW! 56 hairpins...makes my head itch just thinking about it! hahaha But your daughter looked so pretty!How old is she?
Netty, I was over on the glamping thread a couple of weeks ago reading where C.J. had been and was going next.They sound like a fun bunch.I'd like to do that sometime. I'm not a "Sleep-on-rocks&eat-burnt-food"kinda gal, but glamping I think I could do! *giggle*
WooHoo, sounds like the farming thing is coming together for you....ruffled feathers&fur and all! Nothing is going to stop you! You are a Rock on a Roll! heehee Good for you!
You aren't a wussy! I have lower lumbar troubles, and that slight bend/leaning forward causes terrible spasms for me. No warning either.I know where you are coming from. Raised beds would be great!
Kimberly, I like how you spelled Nikole's name!
Shanda, I thought hair sheep meant wool/fiber too! *sigh* We learn a lot from each other on here don't we?
Hi Peg, So glad you are enjoying your comical&cuddly Grand-Babies!They sound like, just what the Doctor ordered! Have fun!
Well, I'm gonna make some cocoa and watch TV awhile with Hubby!
Make it a great evening Gals!
Stay warm!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  7:43:02 PM  Show Profile
There is too much on here to address each of you tonight. Our power has been flickering on and off all day, the west side of town was out for part of the day. All the schools were closed again today, another blizzard!!!! Very high winds and only 6 degrees, so way below zero with the wind chill. We got about 4 inches of snow, but it was and still is blowing like mad. We have had a rough winter this year with both the cold and the snow. One nice thing, it stays light out later now, it is nice to see the sun still out after eating supper!!! I am looking on the bright side!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  09:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Holy cow, it's been too long! I've lost my place!!! *dusting off seat on the swing*

What a crazy couple of weeks!! We went to Oklahoma this past weekend to see Josh's parents... if I start ranting, it will be an entire page unto itself. Basically, I was shown for sure that my future MIL has been manipulating her kids and some other fun stuff.

Dad is not as sick as Josh and I expected him to be, but still not well, either. He's on Oxygen, and forgets to breathe through his nose, some times, but he's not as disfigured as we thought he'd be. They have to do a second biopsy because the first one came back abnormal, but inconclusive. We should get the results from THAT on Friday.

We had more drama come up with the "friend" who was so willing to watch our house/animals for us. We took the rat terrier with us, but left the Catahoulas and the cats at home... He left my dogs outside over night!! He only admitted to one night, but neither Josh nor I feel like he was ever actually there overnight. The bad part is that he was SUPPOSED to be a groomsman, but we're kind of thinking we might need to reconsider that.

Other than drama, we've had a pretty good week, and I was able to meet Josh's oldest brother and get to know his wife. Apparently, family members who aren't normally social are social with me, teehee.

I have been transferred to another branch within my company. I was in my home town of Round Rock when I started, and stayed there. But, they needed me elsewhere so, as soon as we got back from vacation, I was sent to this other branch. I was VERY wary at first, but things are so much better, so far. Less drama, more help from coworkers, and it's actually a shorter drive by about 15 minutes. Perhaps it was unexpected, but so far, so good!!

Well girls, i hope you are all doing well, and I will try to pop in more often!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  11:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!!

Peggy...Have fun with them kiddos!!!

Bunny...Sorry about the mom situation. Good luck on the big test!

Judy...Stay warm! We are havin pretty cold weather too. It really sucks when 2 days ago we were at 70 and wearin tshirts!

Janet...Hope your power stays on! Stay warm and enjoy the longer days. I know I am.

Miranda...Sorry about the family and friend drama. I've been there and still am sometimes. Hopefully things come back good for your dad. Good news on the job front though. Congrats!

Well, I am officially a business owner!!!! Yea!!!!!

I filed all the paperwork this mornin and will get my copies back in the mail. Our court recorder was out for the day and so the office girl has to wait for the signature. I am so excited!!

I made a necklace and earrings to go with my family bracelet to wear at the bead show!

I already have my outfit picked out and my rollin bag packed and everything. I even made Hubby put the new license plate cover on. It says "Don't Worry, Bead Happy!" love it!

I'm off to finish the housework so I'll be all clear and ready to go for Friday! Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Can we still put a pin on the Farmgirl map?
That is on the first page of these posts.
Terri
# 4720
Hemet CA
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!
What a wonderful day!!!
when it's time, it's time.......even with bitterly cold temps & serious wind chill our first jersey calf was born! Puddin' Pie is a super Mom being a first timer & baby has drank!
We're beef & sheep producers so 4 jersey heifers are quite something on our farm!
Jerseys are really unusual in our area so we looked a long time to find one!!!! We went to JUST look at one heifer & seeing that there was 4 half sisters hubby decided that we better not break up a good thing! LOL So they ALL found a new home. It's been quite the show stopper for folks to drop in & tell us stories of their Grandma's cows. LOL They're spoiled to the core just like they should be! LOL
ALL the hard work really does melt away when you see a new life on the farm!!
There's nothing better.......well maybe one little tiny thing.......

IT'S A GIRL!!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!! Did I mention.....IT'S A GIRL!!!!!
Puddin' Pie & baby are under 3 heat lamps in our insulated barn to stay warm.
Our other 3 heifers are any minute!
Farm Hugs
So Excited! Judy

PS.....Hey RED.....she here!!
Will post pics when camera stops freezing up! GRRRRRRR!
It's a Girl!!!!!

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  5:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
Congratulations on the new baby calf. What is her name?
Hugs,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  6:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Terri!
These babies have fancy names & all kinds of numbers for their pb paperwork but they're ALL looking for every day names that we'll use to call them from the pastures.

Any suggestions??????
Our cows are called....
Buttercup for the original jersey we had, Puddin' Pie that calved today, & 2 FGs named the others Sassy & Sugar Plum.

Just came from the barn check & baby is up drinking! Happy Dance!
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  6:42:26 PM  Show Profile
howdy ladies,
It is cold here and we are preparing for a snow storm..they are sayig our area could get 6 to 9 inches and I am praying for a snow day from my butterflies. Their barameters were off the meter today. I am sure a storm is coming. my dear hubby has been sick finally convinced him to go to dr and he has bronchitis...so he is on medicine now. Hoping he will sleep better tonight.

Bunny hope your test went well

Peggy so glad you are enjoying your granddaughters. I am hoping weather permitting to visit my dear grandson for his 3rd birthday this weekend. He is do darn cute.

well time for tea and some reading
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  9:00:40 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
If the mother is Puddin Pie how about Sweet Tart? That seems like a good name to me.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  9:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
If the mother is Puddin Pie how about Sweet Tart? That seems like a good name to me.
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page