Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  06:04:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies! I've brought a hot kettle of water and a mixed bag of tea flavors! So bring your favorite mug and lets chat!

Miranda, we don't have to dust your spot off, we farmgirls keep a ready spot for you! Glad your Dad is doing better then you thought he would! And congrats on the job relocation, it's nice to work in a low drama environment.

Angela, love the necklace and the ear rings, what's the name of your business?

Judy, Congrats on your new babies! How fun! I hope Baby Boy is up and doing better!

Cherime, wow, a writer, good for you. That takes a lot of work!

Terri I like Harlequin Romances too! I haven't really read in awhile, it hard to find time, but I use to stay up late just to finish a book.

PeggyAnn so glad you got to go see your Grands! What a wonderful way to spend your weekend. I hope Hubby is better, or at least not as much trouble, when you get home!

Welcome Lisa: everything we eat and drink here is totally fat free! so dig in!

Bunny Congrats on the internship...one step at a time, and you are making it! Good for you!

Well, I am wiped out trying to keep up with work (both jobs), home duties, homeschool and a remodel. With the extra work and the weather being crazy, I'm fighting fibro every step of the way. But I can't slow down, or we won't be moved in by the time my lease is up (end of March). I'm very lucky to live were I do, because we have the type of community that helps out! Twice now a whole group of ladies and their kids showed up to work on the cabin with me! I'm ahead of my goals so far! And I got a fairly nice tax return, so I may be able to afford both the wood burning stove AND the therapeutic tub! I'll just have to watch what I spend on things like paint and fixtures.
Oh and we have a cat! She came with the house, and everyone on the mountain just called her "cat". So my DD and I named her Ginger. We have a kitten at a friends house, that will be ready to come home when we are moved in, he is white and orange mixed, and we named him Nutmeg. Ginger has been left alone and fairly untamed, but as you can see in the picture, my sweet-hearted DD has made a connection with her, and Ginger will be eating out of her hand soon!

Well, my mug is empty and I have too much work to get done today. So everyone have a Blessed Saturday!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Shanda,
How lucky are you to get a tax refund and cats?
You must feel so blessed. Good luck with fixing up the house. Pretend I am there with you. I can paint, rip things out and of course garden.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I got an e-reader and I got your book and I read 200 pages last night.
Great story. I see what you mean about having to set up the story.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Terri. I am hard at work on Anya's tale.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  11:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!

I only have a minute on here. It's very late and I have a few orders to work out details on in my email.

I don't remember who asked but the name of my business is 5B Creations.

I had a lot of fun at the bead show. I am exhausted from so much driving. Hubby had to work so he couldn't go with me. I did wind up ridin with him when I got back for his last two stores. It was nice but meant no sleep at all last night.

I spent the afternoon puttin away all my beads and stuff, now I'm off to shoot a few emails to some new clients and then I'm gonna sleep for hours and hours. My mom is takin the girls tomorrow so I will just have to get up long enough to get them dressed, then more sleep!

Catch up with everyone later!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  01:14:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi my porcies....I got home at noon...son was here trying to clean up husbands and dogs messes before I got home..but Let me just say I walked into a total pigpen. If my husband hadn't already looked like death...I would have killed him. But I got him dressed, took me over an hour as he was in so much pain....then helped son get
DH into the car and he took him to the nearest Hospital. I had to sleep off my chronic fatigue for awhile before
I could go up. But he has 3 broken ribs, a mild heart event, and pneumonia in his left lung and his speech is very
Slow from oxygen deprevation...I feel so badly for him...and yet I kept telling him to get his backside into the
Hospital. Also youngest son tried every day to take him there...I said to him, next time your dad is stubborn pick
Up the phone and dial 911....and he will have to go. Anyway, I am tired and have to be back to the Hospital
Early. Also found out today that DHs youngest brother has lung cancer. He lives in N.Carolina.

Would appreciate prayers. Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  06:06:11 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  08:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, sounds like DH is his own worst enemy. They don't realize how selfish they are. Hope he mends up soon. So sorry about his brother. Will pray for your family. Too much going on it seems.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  1:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Blessed Sunday Gals!
Peg, it's a good thing I don't live close to you. I'd open up the biggest can of "WhoopButt" I could find on that man of yours. He makes everything so difficult for himself and everybody around him. There's just no sense in it!!!I just want a go at him sooooo badly!!!*grrrrrrrrr*
Sorry!! *whew* Just had to get that out of the way!
I'm so happy to hear about the little calves. I just love'em!Sure hope they are all getting stronger!
Ginger the cat sure knows who's gonna give her all the cheeky-scratches she wants and needs. *giggle* Cute kitty!
Mama called and told me that Jim's step-mom passed away and that Patsy&Jim would be coming home this week sometime.Jenny was her name and she had alzheimers. Seems like she only had it for a short time but it overtook her so quickly. A sad situation.Keep Seaward(Jim's dad) and Jenny's kids in your Prayers,please...and Patsy&Jim's long drive too!
....but I'm glad to have my Sissy home....under any circumstance. I miss her so much!
Not much going on here today. Hubby is down in the basement playing in his woodshop. He made a bunch of signs to put on a post for the yard and he's in the process of burning the letters into the wood. Each sign will have a family members name and the miles to their home on it and they will be mounted on a post pointing in the exact direction each person lives.It was my idea and he likes to play with wood. Can't wait for Spring so we can put it out!It'll be a nice conversation piece.
Well, off for a cuppa and a good book! It's cloudy/37 today!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  2:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, praying for yur DH. Hope he heals fast. Good thing you came home when you did, heh? Glad you were able to go and had a great time. You needed that.
Terri, I am sure you will love your new Ereader.
Angela, glad you had a fun filled day, even if it was long, I am sure it was well worth it. Hope you found alot of good ideas too.
Cherime, bet it feels good to have time to write now. Glad DGG likes her job. Maybe she will get more hours as summer arrives and they get busier with home improvements going on. That would be nice.
Bunny, congratulations on the new job!!! How is it going so far?
Judy, prayers for Patsy and Jim also. Hope they arrive safe, at least the snow storms are past, so far!!!
We had more snow and cold and wind. The snow banks are as tall as me now, 5'1"!!! It finally warmed up today, was in the 30s. I do hope it stays warmer and melt alot of this snow before we get any more. There is a town nearby that cancelled outdoor winterfest because of too much snow!!! LOL!!! One place about 50 miles from here had 30 inches just the one day. They are up to 154 inches of snow so far, but are still 2 feet below normal!!!! This is the U.P. What can I say!!!!! I really am ready for spring. We were only going to have one more winter here after this one, Bob is retiring and we plan on travelling in a motorhome, but we may just leave this fall if we can find one this summer. I don't know how fast we can get rid of our stuff though, but we are both tired of the cold and snow.
Have a wonderful day!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2013 :  4:27:31 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies,
Just thought I would pop in real quick. We didn't have school for two days this past week due to snow. So tomorrow it is back to butterfly land. My dear hubby has been real sick with bronchitis. Judy could I have some of that butt whoop....shessh...finally dragged his butt to dr. STill not feeling the greatest. I informed I will make another appointment if necessary and drag him there if necessary. He said man you are bossy. I said you haven't seen bossy yet.

Been readin Laura child's Tea Shop Mysteries. I have book 2 and 3. I have the first one on my nook but they are way expensive so the library had the first 3. Also read her first one of the Cackleberry Club...pretty good...her scrapbooking series was not my cup of tea. Maybe cause I don't scrapbook. There are 14 in the tea shop series. I would like to read them all. Also just finished Death At Pemberly a take off of Pride and Prejudice. Pretty good. Can you tell I have read a lot lately

Jax my sweet cute dog ate my crochet pattern...yup you heard me...ripped it to shreds. Seems no matter where I hide my yarn basket he manages to find it. Not sure how to finish scarf but hopefully mom has the pattern love that sweet pup...but boy was I mad at him for that.

Prayers for your hubby Peggy and Judy you just made me laugh. Well girlies I am off for now. Time for tea and reading.
love to you all
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  08:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Judy and Peggy
Prayers for you and your families.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  08:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
I have 60 pages to go. That book is addictive! Can't wait for the next one. Keep me posted.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  08:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Tammy,
Sorry about your crochet pattern. I used to have a dog that ate the TV remote...FIVE TIMES!!!.
Try putting your crochet stuff in a basket hanging from the ceiling.
Terri

P.S. I am GLad SOmeone else HAs the lingering SHift KEy PRoblem.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Peggy hope DH is doing better. I'm sure now that you are home, all will be well. For someone that writes health books he doesn't seem to smart about it. I guess, do as I say not as I do.

Angela, sounds like you are off to a great start with your jewelry business. I hope it does well.

Cherime, I found your book. I just need to get my kindle out and download it. And then have time to read it. My schedule is getting pretty full.

I spent 2 hours on Friday and 3 hours on Saturday training. There is no way I would ever have made it without the training. I'm still pretty overwhelmed. It is more the software systems that they use than the actual work. You bounce back and forth between 3 different programs that are all integrated. I took tons of notes, just hope I can decipher it all tomorrow. Everyone is very supportive though. The owner is a pretty easy going guy. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

Not much else going on. Just homework and now actual work. I'm still going to work in the library as much as possible. I need the money. Thankfully they will let me work however I can fit in the hours.

Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  12:49:14 PM  Show Profile
It is an absolutely beautiful day in AK. The sun has heat in it and the tops of the willows are just beginning to turn that lovely shade of dark red that says winter is almost history for another year.
My GDD is looking forward to hopefully 40 hours come summer. Her supervisor is really happy to have found a girl that says lumber is her comfort zone. She has also met a young man who is a transplant from Arkansas. A real live country boy with blue eyes she tells me. And he is not afraid to meet Grandma. Might be hope for that one.
The wood is holding out and we have about 3/4 of a tank of fuel oil.
God is Good
Thanks Terri. I am getting there on the new one.
Hey Bunny hope that job is like the energizer bunny, keeps on going and growing in pay.
Peggy, still praying
Tea Lady T, it is sort of hard to get the book done with so many other good reads out there. I have several that I want to get to but just cannot keep myself from writing.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  9:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Where is everyone! It's a ghost town here.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  9:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bunny,
Hang in there with the training. All at once it will kick in and make sense and you will remember everything. I worked at a library for 10 years as a secretary and loved it.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  9:34:41 PM  Show Profile
The GDD and were out enjoying a 43+ degree day, beautiful blue sky with fluffy summery clouds. Beeeaaautiful.....lovely fantastic day. Bit of wind but who cared. Sat at the edge of Wasilla Lake (frozen nice and solid)and ate some fast food. GDD took me to lunch. Totally ignored the computer, with the exception of finishing chapter 12 early in am. Went shopping at a second hand store and got a couple of things. Just a great day.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  9:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cherime,
What are we doing up so late?
Don't you just love thrift shops? We have one here called Hidden Treasure and it really has treasures. I have found artwork, dishes, Easter stuff and gardening stuff at this wonderful warehouse. The prices are great too, huh?
I finished your book and am looking forward to the next. I am struggling thru Argo in the meantime.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  04:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Terri, We are off an hour up here.10 pm there 9 pm here. I am glad you liked the book. I am reading when I have to stop and let the characters decide what they want to do next. I finished that book 1906 from Smashwords. It was really good. Got another one on there Iron Dogs And Caesar's Ruby. That one is an action one and so far so good.
I mostly shop at thrift stores. We have several up here. My GDD spent $35 on clothes got 3 pairs of pants and several nice tops. All good enough to work in. I always take something to do when she goes clothes shopping. Everything must be tried on. I sort of guess and away I go.
The GDD was 'hanging out' with a new guy. This one appears to be ok so far. So I was waiting for her to come in. The steps to get to her room on the 3rd floor go through my loft area. I don't bother to try to sleep until she gets back. The new guy is a transplant to AK from Arkansas. GDD's main test so far is are they willing to meet Grandma. If not....
Well its back into 1891 for me for a while. Later

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  05:59:17 AM  Show Profile
We are getting more snow today, coming down by the buckets right now. That means I am stuck in the house again. I usually go out for breakfast with my sister, we have been doing this for about 22 years now, but since the first of this year we got to meet twice, it snows every Wednesday here!!!! I am not sure if we will have a spring this year. We have had years where we had to wear jackets until the end of June!!!! A few years it was only in the 50s on the 4th of July. Enough whining!!!!
Bunny, good luck with your new job. I am sure you will do just fine. Hopefully it will turn into full time for you when the time is right. Is this your last semester of school?
Cherime, glad you had a nice day outdoors. I love thrift store too. My son owns one and I work for him on Fridays and other days when he goes to auctions, etc. He has alot of antiques, but alot of other stuff too. It is called Trinkets and Treasures. It says it all. I just have to control what I end up taking home. My house is overloaded now!!! LOL!!!
Well, time to get dressed and get the day rolling. Have a wonderful day, gals!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2013 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Jan I know that one. The lady that lives on the other side of the house has to have an operation and since she is not able to walk much, hip problem, I think I will need to get a team together from the family and help her get the place cleaned out. There is no way that she can get what she needs into the house until we get tons of junk out.
We have had a little snow but not a whole bunch. I heard you guys were getting dumped on. No fun.
It's 5am here and I think I will crawl back into bed and see if I can get another hour or so. GDD does not have to be to work until 11am

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  12:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I am back! LOL

I am so happy to share with you that I got DH Home today! No more Hospital 2 and 3 times per day.
I went in this morning thinking that I had to pick out a Nursing Rehab Center for them to send him to and low and behold the Rehab Nurse at the Hospital thought he showed such dramatic improvement today that they said he could come home. Yahoo!!!!
I was so happy to hear that...and he seems so much more improved once we got him home. Especially cognitively.
He will have an In Home Care Nurse for a few weeks but that is OK. And I had to rearrange all the furniture in order to make wider paths for his walker.
But it will just be a temporary mess around here. I am very organized and do not like things untidy or re-arranged. But I will endure for a couple weeks. I couldn't believe how I missed his sillyness and constant teasing until it was just the dog and me. It got very quiet around home...most noticably at night.
Tonight he is sitting at his desk and I am sitting at mine and it just seems like an ordinary evening again. How Nice!
Our youngest son is glad that he doesn't have to run between his house, our apartment and the hospital too. He is always so good at going through everything with us. It really helps to have that kind of support in times of Crisis.
It is funny that the rain came back tonight after we got Larry home. Now I am in pain and really hurting...but it was dry most of the time I had to go back and forth. I just say "Thank You God!" As having Fibro pain would have made all of this even harder. I am flat out exhausted as it is....
Well girlies this is short and sweet but hopefully I will get back to dialoging with everyone tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers, concern and encouragement.

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 28 2013 12:09:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2013 :  06:08:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Peggy!!! Glad hubby was able to come home and not have to go to a rehab place. Be sure to get enough rest and time for yourself. Things are looking up for you.
My sister and I are attempting to go out for breakfast today, hopefully the roads are not too slippery. I do not like driving in the snow anymore.
Will post more later, have a great day,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page