Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2013 :  10:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Judy....I am so excited!!!! Cant wait to find out what Sassy has. Do I get to name her young too?
I bet you and Walt are just such ecstatic and proud owners and feel like expectant grandparents. Lol

Ok....All My Porchies....I am having such a great time with my family. Faith Marie's brother and girl friend
Had their baby this morning. Faith stopped into meet baby Liam on her way to work and then my son and
I went to meet him this afternoon. The parents were so exhausted and the baby was so tiny and adorable.
Then Faith took Madeline up tonight so she could meet Liam. She is now in love with her baby cousin.

I heard from my youngest son that my DH fell in the bathroom this morning and bruised his ribs. I feel badly
For him but there is nothing I can do until I get home Saturday. Shane tried to take him to the Urgent Care but
He wouldn't go. He hates when I leave to visit the granddaughters and gets moody every time and that is enough
To deal with when I get home...now this. All I can say is it is a good thing I love him because nobody else would
put up with him. Lol

Well, I read all the posts, praying for you girls with all the snow and cold. Praying also for those with new business
Ventures and home remodles. And everyone else too.

Bunny...I think your mom must drive you as crazy as my mom does me. Lord help us... is all I can say!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  07:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi all
Angela great stuff.
Shoot, ladies I have enough trouble naming characters in stories without naming other critters.
Peg, my first husband was like that, not so my DH who passed. Oh do I miss that man!
My GDD is getting more hours at work and is loving her job. She called her adoptive mom the other day and that lady was a bit bitter about why GDD is working, enjoying it and has all these plans for the future and it doing that here with me instead of down there with her. I do not treat GDD like a little retarded baby, she is an adult and I can guide but not push and God knows it does no good in any how.
Sitting here writing this new book has it's advantages. Since I am home and can keep the little wood stove going all day, the consumption of fuel oil has gone down. I may have to feed the stove a lot cause the fire box is so small but it works.
Bunny, some people are opportunists and what tends to amaze me is how you can have those mixed into families where everyone else is caring and giving. Go figure. Good luck on staying clear of Mr. I-have-tenure-and-could-care-less supposed teacher.
Jan, stay warm.
Blessings all, back to 1890's Russia for me.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  08:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, congrats on the new arrival! Bummer about hubby though. Hopefully he won't be too grumpy when you get home.

Cherime, so glad GDD is doing so well. Sounds like she needs it. She will get the strength to leave mom behind. You are a good security for her. Awesome that you are getting quality time for your book. I envy you. I haven't been in my sewing room for a while now

I don't have to take anymore classes from grumpy teacher. I can take the same classes online from another college. He just doesn't realize I have other options. If I wasn't trying to get a job at the college, I would be doing some talking to the department head. But I doing want to be putting down the staff at "this wonderful supportive college".
I did apply for an internship at the accounting firm that wanted to hire me last year. Hopefully if the owner says yes, we can feel each other out to see if I am a good fit. Maybe he will be ready this summer to replace the lady he wanted me to replace. Could be very good. Pretty much leaving it up to the powers that be. I'll end up where I'm suppose to be.

Work up with a terrible headache so heading back to bed. Later all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  08:39:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot. My grumpy teacher did something he has never done before. He let us take our midterm test at home, open book. Not sure if he was trying to get back into my good graces or wanted to leave early for his rotary lunch. We will probably never know. But it means I have an A in the class so far. Just one more test to go.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  10:19:17 AM  Show Profile
What color is the jersey heifer? If it's the darker coloring maybe something to do with chocolate mousse or some other chocolate yummy dessert!! Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Jerseys and Swiss Brown are my favorite dairy breeds in the cattle world. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  10:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
Hi. I don't think I have chatted with you before. What are some of the titles of your books? I am an avid reader.
Terri
Farmgirl # 4720
Hemet California
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  11:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!
Yep Red when Sassy calves you can name it too! Start thinking.....any time now! Glad your trip is going great!

A big beautiful bull calf during the night. Sugar Plum needed help to deliver but the little guy is up & still needs help holding on but he'll get there. The wind is down so the temp is better today! Everybody is warm & tucked in!
SORRY Ladies talking about just cows but..........LOL
Barn check time!
Hugs Judy
Pics coming

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:03:20 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
That is so exciting seeing new babies born. You should write a book!!
Can't wait for pictures.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  6:51:26 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOOOh Terri! You gave me the giggle I REALLY needed right now! My book title should be..."What Kind of Trouble Can the Crazy Lady Living in the Middle of the Boonies Be Up TO Now"!!! LOL Just between us.....I adore farm life!!! The good always out weighs the bad!

Baby Boy is having trouble but is still up & alert but they can go down sooooo fast! Cross your fingers! He sucks for just so long on his own then that's it! Plus Mom is losing patience with the whole new thing! Long night ahead. He did pick up at 3am so it will be a slow battle.

Hubby & I truly live out in the boonies (6 hours to the nearest big city) so after having 2 hours of sleep last night we thought we'd catch a quick cat nap this afternoon!!!!!! Mom, babies & everyone else on the farm was good! We just got to sleep & a salesman rang the doorbell. I bet you thought I'd say a calf was coming!!!! He actually scared us to death, that's how many strangers are on our door step. NO catch up sleep for the wicked! No we didn't buy what he was selling!

Sorry a bit grumpy tired tonight.....I'm better now!
Baby pics are on Barnyard Buddies !
They're up & trying to dance around before falling down again! LOL Worrying Mom right to death.....wait for the teenage years!!!!! LOL
Thanks for letting me share!
Hope ALL is well with the world out there!
Hugs Judy
Saw coyotes today so no sleep tonight! They're a huge problem here & will dig their way into barns.

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Lisa_P
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Lisa
Banks Oregon
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  7:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Sounds heavenly. I'll bring some yarn, and extra hooks so we can crochet and chat, chat and crochet. Are there cranberry scones still? I've got a sweet tooth.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  7:56:07 PM  Show Profile
Terri, the book I put on Smashwords is an ebook called Behind The Raven Mask. Set in Alaska in 1800. The second one is a sequel abut the hero's daughter who was 10 at the time of the first book. Title Daughter of The Raven. I am about 1/2 done with it now. I wrote the first one in the early 1980's I have been waiting for something like Smashwords. They have books of all kinds. About farming, needlework patterns, fiction, autobiography and a whole lot of erotic stuff but they warn you that it is. Since that is a bit of "bodice ripping" in the book I did make its designation as adult. I have several other books that I just need to format (retype) and put on there.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  8:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Cherime, I am going to check it out. No bodice ripping for me.
I love the Harlequin Romances since they now have many categories like Heartwarming, Inspirational (Christian) and Suspense.
Best wishes for your new book.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  8:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Terri, the wedding almost comes first. Then comes the relationship stuff and the bad boy gets to be a good guy in the end. By the way Smashwords does have inspirational stuff, christian fiction. The sequel is about forgiveness and how people can change but the first one sets the stage for it all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  8:18:17 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime, I was just kidding. I can handle anything in a book. It sounds like a great story. I need to get an eBook reader. Any recommendations?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Terri, I like the kindle well enough. But at smashwords you can down load books in all reading formats and for all kinds of prices. I put mine at $.99 and some are even free for a limited time. If you get the book formatted correctly then they put it in the premium catalog and it goes to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and a couple of others as well. There is a Canadian gentleman who writes good christian fiction. A Brother's Duty is one of his that I really enjoyed and for $.99 it could not be beat. Back to Amazon and the Kindle, I had a problem with the Kindle I recently purchased and they immediately sent me a new one without my having to send the problem one back first. The customer service is good.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Good news, I got the internship at the local accounting firm. I even got him to pay me too. Not much $10.00 an hour, but for an internship I'm happy for now. I start tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

Congrats on the new moo babies!

Cherime, I must check out your books! I just need some free time!

Off to bed. Big day tomorrow.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  06:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, YIPEE!!!!! You go girl.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Bunny way to go
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Bunny.....Yahoo and Woot Woot on the Internship!!! That is Awesome and I am glad you are getting some income
Out of it too.

Judy...I am thinking on a name for Sassys baby. Hope Walt keeps a shot gun handy for those Coyotes.
And praying all the calves make it. Where is the thread you mentioned with the pictures?

Terri....I highly recommend The Kindle Fire. I am in Seattle now and am using it to post here. It is more than
just an E-Reader...it's a Tablet too. I can throw it in my purse and have my books and computer with me at
All times. I LOVE IT!!

Cherime...so excited for you that you have time to write again. My husband had put his ebooks on Amazon/Kindle
and had trouble with people reproducing them and selling them off their websites. But his books were not fiction
Books...they were Alternative Health.

I can't believe that I go home tomorrow already. This week just flew by. Loved the quality time with my girls and my
son and daughter-in-love. Now I get to go home and take care of my husband...who stubbornly refused to get
medical help. Ok my Loveliest take care and have a fabulous day.

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  1:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, Congrats and I hope the job is just what you have been looking for.
Everybody else, thank you for your eReader recommendations. I am going shopping.
Love,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Red,
pics are on Barnyard buddies. They're up a racing around now. The girl got out of the pen & boy that little stink gave me a run!
Hugs Judy

Evening everybody! Hope all is well!

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  8:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Bunny!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  9:34:30 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I can't find your books on smash words.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  03:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny try here. I think in an excess of zeal I made it adult which looking at some of the other stuff out there was being too careful on my part.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/282897

This one is really good as well and I am about half through it. It is about San Francisco and the whole 1900 political rat race.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/284335

CMF
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2013 :  04:23:42 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on all the new babies both 2 and 4 legged and new jobs! Relaxing some this morning before I get dishes done, color my hair and get my little man from my mom's who lives an hour away. He had school vacation and mother in law had to work on Fridays as well as hubby. Not sure what we're going to do this summer. Wishimg I didn't have to work out of the house at all. And high speed internet isn't am option now. Ugghh.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page