Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  5:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody! Busy day at work but I can tell we're starting to slow a smidge - a very little smidge but still a smidge lol. Manager asked if I'd come in extra hours tomorrow so I'll be working 11 hours (6am - 5pm) YIKES. I've already told the man we're eating out because I know I'll be exhausted.

M* got a new supervisor at work and he's getting really concerned. Apparently an email was sent out today regarding paid time off and it wasn't sent to his email and another email regarding the truck department was sent out to everybody but him and he runs the truck department. He said he was talking to the guy today and the guy turned his back on him in mid conversation and went into his office and shut the door. He's getting a really bad feeling. Not sure what we'll do if the worse happens and he gets fired. It's like a nightmare repeating itself - getting praised for the work you're doing and then you're terminated for some BS excuse. For all the hype about how many jobs ND has, I'm beginning to think they're only for North Dakotans. Please keep this situation in your thoughts and prayers. We're out here with no family and no safety net to fall back on.

Michelle - I've been wanting to renovate a camper at least on a small scale for quite a while.

Tammy - Awesome pics! I don't know why but pigs terrify me so as far as I'm concerned he's one brave kid. lol

PeggyAnn - It would be a dream to just be able to wander around in an RV or trailer. Maybe another life lol.

Judy - His thumb looks horrible. He decided to cut off all the dead skin around it since it was black and it's just nasty looking. It's not red or showing signs of streaks at which point his self doctoring will end.

Alicia - Love the brown and brown print you've picked although they seem sort of out of place with the rest of the other colors. If you like them then go with them - quilting is about picking what you like and working with it. What part of Indiana are you from? I'm originally from Plymouth.

Well I think I will go curl up with a book and try to relax a bit before bed. I'll leave some papaya iced tea on the porch :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  6:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening my friends,

Well it has been a busy few days for me. I have been on in the evening reading the posts, but just too tired to write anything. Fell asleep at the keyboard so had to give it up until I could stay awake and think straight.

Judy, Wow seven years. My husband and I are going on 5 this coming December and by the time I am 58 we will be hitting 6 years. So glad that your mom is doing great. Do try and enjoy your time together while you have it. We have so little time together right now and I will be glad when December comes and our vacation time as well.

Bunny, Loved the pictures and I hope you hear about your job soon. The waiting is the hardest. I am not looking forward to the time when I will be in your position and waiting to hear about a job. I still have a couple of more years before I finish college.

Tammy, loved your front yard and I agree the bench does not need to be painted.

Well the garden work is coming along slowly, but progress is being made. Hopefully by the end of this month I will have the ground tilled up and the new dirt worked in. We have mostly sandy plots so I will need to add dirt to make it doable for a garden. I still have not decided what I am going to plant in it. I have butternut squash in my front yard, and a very small potato patch in the back yard. The squash is doing great and the potatoes are okay.
I have been making aprons and working on swap items while I try and rest. My husband says I do not know how to sit still for 5 minutes. Maybe I do, maybe I don't. I just know that I have too much to do to relax at the moment. I will be trying my hand at canning this year and bought about 3 books on the subject. I have no idea what I am doing at the moment, but practice makes perfect they say. We shall see. Well I am making applesauce for a cake later tonight so I had better go and see how things are cooking. Have a lovely evening.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2013 :  7:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi my porchies,

Bunny-Hoping and praying that you get that job. You are so gifted with your sewing and I wish you could get a job in that field.
You would just bless everyone. I wish I lived closer so I could learn from you! It's a nightmare to have no money. I went from a good job to no income all through chemo and all. Then when I turned 65 in April and applied for medicare the girl at SS asked me why I didn't apply while I had the breast cancer. I didn't think I could but I could have! DUH!

Peggy-Men, That's all I'll say about that! My Jackie is totally blind now and she is so sweet and takes her eye drops like a trooper 4xs a day. Now she has an abcessed tooth and is on an antibiotic for 2 weeks and then gets it extracted. Can't wait to see what that will cost. Poor GF! I need a strller like you have. Where did you get it?

Judy- Happy Anniversary! 44 for us and believe me it's a miracle!LOL! Glad Mama is doing ok. Continual prayers. Enjoy your time with hubby.

My eyes have been wacky since the chemo and yesterday I couldn't even see the screen. Then I started to have black floaters with one big one to the right with like cobwebs. I'm a little concerned so I will call the Doc tomorrow if it continues.

Alicia-What a cute daughter and chick!LOL! I'm not as good as Bunny but I would go online and look at all different patterns.
Then I would make a block to see if I could do it or not! It becomes addictive!

TLT-Can't wait for the tea. Good to be back in the swing of things!

I baked a banana cake with cream cheese icing so help yourself. I also made bread and strawberry jam. Enjoy! I don't buy any bread anymore. I only use my bread machine. Do any of you use one?

All you other ladies-wishing you well.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  12:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Cherime...80 degrees in Alaska...that is a heat wave girl. Are you loven it or hating it?

Teacher Tammy...Did you like Peachkeeper?
I just finished that Scotland Yard book called The Yard. Knowing the kind of books you like...I wouldn't recommend it for you. I am now reading the Ruby Brooch...which I think was a Prime Once a Month Borrow on my Kindle. It is good...if you like books with the premise that people can go back in time. Then I have read two reviews on books on The Titanic that I am going to order Monday when I get paid. One is called Ehoes Of Titanic (christian fiction) and the other is called The Girl Who Came Back Home (a titanic fiction). I love all stories about the Titanic for some reason.

I am glad to hear that you are relaxing my dear...and I love that you are dropping onto the Porch everyday.

RFM Tammy...oh my goodness it doesn't sound like your man is having very good luck with the work environment he is in. But How Very Rude of his boss to walk out on him in mid-conversation.
I was really wondering how all the Life Long Residence of ND were liking all the new blood that came in for work opportunities. Doesn't sound like they are too appreciative.

Hope you have a good dinner out tomorrow after your loooonnnnggg day at work.
My DH and I take each other out once a month when we get our checks. His comes in at the first of the month and mine comes in at the end of the month. We enjoy that. We use to eat out a couple times a week but just can't afford to do that any more. We had to learn to unspoil ourselves. LOL

Becky...you should almost have a year round growing season where you live don't you? Ours is very short...so, I was thrilled when I got to pick that first zuchinni so early in the season last week.
It tasted mighty good too.

Darlene...Hi Girlfriend...I got the Pet Stroller on line.
The best thing to do is google Pet Stroller and then look through the options and prices. I actually searched on Amazon because I do so much online business with them.
So sorry to hear about your wacky eyes. LOl Does sound like you need to get them checked. I fell one time walking Bella when I had her...and the impact was so jaring that I had floaters for about 3 months. That is the most uncomfortable sensation isn't it? Mine looked like little black worms.

Hope you figure out how to post pictures on here (it is really easy) so everyone can see your bathtubs.
Thanks for the Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Yummy!!!
I am glad to hear that you like your bread machine. I have always wondered how good they were. I would probably eat twice as much bread if I had one...and that could be a very bad thing. LOL

Well girls...I got a replacement Kindle today in the mail...because my other one started doing some weird stuff...and when I went to transfer all my content over...I couldn't figure out what our WiFi- Password was.
And you've got to have that little piece of information or you can do NOTHING! I tried everything I could think of...spent all day trying to figure it out. Finally my youngest son came over tonight and he had it all up and running for me in about 20 minutes. He had set up our Wireless system a year ago when we moved in to the apartments but even he couldn't remember what he set the password up as. But he was smart enough to get my Lap top to spit out the information going at it back words. Just when I think I am pretty computer sauvy...something happens to prove me wrong...again. LOL
Thank God for my son!!!

Night and Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 21 2013 12:15:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  09:50:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies! What a beautiful summer soltice (raining again). Ha.
Tea Lady Tammy- Your package of tea arrived in the mail today! Thank you! Also, I love that author's series and the recipe looks like one I will try soon! Need to do some baking for visits. Thank you, so much!

I see some new girls on the porch..welcome! I'm just one of those ships that passes in the night.

Cherime, I can hardly believe how warm Wasilla is now. Would you like to borrow my bow and arrow to get those pesky flying darts!?

Alicia, I am just starting quilting too. Bunny and others have encouraged me with their beautiful ideas and products. Peggy Ann has kept us going with the yo-yo's. It's getting harder to do the hand sewing though. So, now I am taking a beginning quilting class. It's been great so far. Class # 4 on Monday. A great bunch of ladies.

Judy, Happy Anniversary, a little late! Hope you had a wonderful day! We will clelebrate #40 in October.

Darlene, I hope your eyes are getting better. Floaters are no fun.

Well, DH just accidently read his first cozy! I laughed and laughed. We have been reading a lot of mystery fiction placed in Upper Michigan. We especially like authors with a series. We share them back and forth on our Nooks. Well, he ordered a new book from a new series. Pretty soon he went from giggling to outright
laughter. (Which he doesn't usually do when reading). He said he just had never read anything like that before. As soon as I started reading it I knew I had to explain what a cozy is. He looked more than a little sheepish.

RFM Tammy, I can't believe some of the people who are put in administration. I agree that supervisor was sooooooooooooooo rude to your husband. I hope that works out better for him.

Yesterday, we took a little roadtrip to a Lowe's in Minnesota to buy another dehumidifer for the basement. The entire finished basement had water. Luckily just clear ground water, thank heaven. Rains too fast with nowhere to go. We worked on it since last Thursday. Anyway, after that, we went through a little town with a quilt shop (recommended by out waitress). I thought I died and went to heaven. I found 2 rulers for quilting, MJ's Glamping Book, Grandma's Phillies toothbrush rug pattern and 4 rooms of my favorite brand of fabrics, wools and patterns. Only an hour from where I live. I think I can find my way back there.

Well, I have to go to town to pick up a DGD for an outing.
Hugs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  10:00:27 AM  Show Profile
Howdy girls,
I thought since Darlene left us some yummies I better stop in and have a taste.

Peggy I did like The Peachkeeper and now am reading her book called the Sugar Queen. I also read Garden Spells and loved it. I am also reading Murder is Binding...it takes place in a book store....I love titanic stories too. Let me know what you think of the ones you read. I have read several.

Darlene I do hope your eyes are better. I think I should fly to your house you make such great goodies.

Judith so glad you got your tea.

I donated some books to our library today and that felt so good. Being a teacher and avid reader I hate to see books not being used. WEnt shopping with my mom yesterday. We had a nice lunch at Applebees and I was able to get some shoes I needed for my trip and few shirts that were on sale. It was a really fun day.

well time for lunch. I just wanted to stop in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  10:46:04 AM  Show Profile
Note to all I LOVE THE HEAT WAVE! Haven't been able to wear shorts in years.
Hugs all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2013 :  7:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening ladies,

Yes Peggy Ann we have year round gardening. I have a book on gardening in FL and have been reading the best planting times. Our weather is different this year than in the past. It is really hot for a few hours, then thundershowers. As I am new at gardening, I am still learning the best way. I am sure I will make a ton of mistakes. I started clearing the plot today by hand with a hoe. My husband is concerned with the utilities in the ground. Today I told him I need a rototiller. He finally agreed. My body feels like I was hit by a wreaking ball. Will make for some interesting stories when I start my blog.
Love reading the posts and see what is going on with everyone's lives. I have no family and really no friends here. So this place is like a virtual family to me.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening. I have a few things to get done before I go to bed and be ready to start on the plot again tomorrow morning after I buy my new rototiller.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  07:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the tea and recipe Tammy, my hubby is all for it since it has choco chips in it. I think sometimes he loves chocolate more than I do.

I would love to garden year round, but don't like Florida, so guess I will just do my seasons. lol we have family in Ocala and they pretty much live in the a/c in summer. they fight ants constantly where they live.

Today is the hubby's family reunion on his side of the family, in Ohio. Got a call from a family friend to ask if we were coming this morning. of course, it was a joke. supposed to be 90 there today, they can have it.

Enjoy your day. Not sure what is on for today around here. toodles for now.
hugs n squeezles..
Patsy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  09:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Didn't get the job. On to number 4 interview...if I even get an interview. Feeling a bit low and scared. I really need a job. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  10:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Bunny,
Have you tried temporary help? I had a lot of success with that, in the clerical field, because most of the time they keep you and make you permanent.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  10:15:21 AM  Show Profile
There aren't any temp firms here in the town I'm in. I would have to drive quite a ways and in winter that isn't a good idea.

I'll keep looking.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  1:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Bummer Bunny, But I know that feels. :(

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  2:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls, Soooo hot here today. Hasn't been for about a month. I'm spoiled by those 70's. By the middle of next week it's 'spose to be back to the mid-seventies. I hope-I hope- I hope...lol Since I have to wear long sleeves any time I go outside, I need it cooler.
We went to Outback Steakhouse for our anniversary dinner. GREAT steak! Then did some shopping.
Then yesterday we went to Hartville Kitchen(Amish)and to their flea market. Poor hubby has a bum knee and sat and read his Kindle while I wandered around and picked up things for us and Mama. At least I could bring the bags back to where he sat and didn't have to carry them around or even push a cart.
Today is laundry day and I'm using my new dryer. I ain't going out in that heat and have heat stroke and get(more)sun poisoning! As it is my stomach is all out of whack. ~ack~ Go away heat! hahaha
Cherime, did you even still have shorts around? Since you never have shorts weather, I just wondered. heehee You can have our temps too if ya want 'em! Even my kitty-cat is passed out downstairs where it's cool. We all sat outside for awhile this morning to read the paper, until the thermometer hit 87 in the shade around 1 Pm. Then Rascal went to the screen door and meowed so pitifully and looked at me as if to say, "Really guys...haven't yuns had 'nuff?" And we don't even have a/c. hahaha But the 1st floor always stays decent if we keep the windows closed.
Poor Mama is so cold now and she use to be so hot all the time. I hope this cancer gets melted out of her system soon so she can be back to normal.
Well, thanks for all the treats ya'll are bringing to the porch. So glad we have a calorie-free Porch or we'd all be barely waddling around! hahaha
Hey Patsy, I think Jim got my love of chocolate when I all but lost it! hahaha Don't know why I lost it, but it's 'bout gone!*giggle*
Toodles!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 22 2013 2:39:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2013 :  6:40:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I'll take them until 9/30/13 ok?

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  12:29:05 AM  Show Profile
Evening...oops it's 12:01...so Good Mornen Porchies...

Hi Judith...glad to hear that your DH is reading a Cozy or two.
Good for him...not affraid to get in touch with his feminine side and all that.
So glad to hear that your flooding was clear water. That is a Praise.
Quilt Shops are fun to go through aren't they? I don't even quilt but I love all the goodies you can find. Sounds like you found a few great deals yourself.

Tea Lady Tammy...is Garden Spells, Sugar Queen and Peachkeeper all by the same author.

I will keep you posted on the Titanic Reads once I get through them.
Right now I am reading a riveting book by Andrew Cross then I will start on the Titanic books.
Good for you for donating some books. I use to do that too...before I went to an E-Reader.
I still haven't gotten my tea...will let you know when it comes.

Cherime...Yahoo for shorts weather. I'm not like Judy...I love the heat!!!!

Becky...you learn your best lessons from mistakes!
WELL now you have family and friends right here on The Porch.
Hope you like your rototiller...I think it beats a hoe and day for preparing the ground. The Hoe will be more useful later.
I use to just hire someone to Rototill for me...then I didn't have to put out the money to buy one and then store one.
Have Fun!!!

Hi Patsy...you don't like hot weather either huh? LOL You and your sister are two peas in a pod.
I tell you what...you girls just pack up your hot weather and send it to me and Cherime...we'll be happy to enjoy it for you.

Bunny...bummer about the job. I am going to email you about something...I've noticed as of late.

Teri...that was a really good suggestion about the Temp. Placements but Bunny lives in a little town.

Judy...is mama even cold in the hotter weather? At least when you are cold you can put on more clothes...but it is hard to strip down if you are too hot. I've tried...it can be a bit embarrassing. LOL
So at the Hartville Kitchen...do they serve authentic Amish food? I would love to go to an Amish flee Market too. Does anyone on The Porch like to read Amish Fiction Stories besides me?

Tonight...I cooked some Salmon, Sweet potatoes, and green beans for dinner. Then made a peach/blackberry cobbler for Dessert.
Was all very yummy!

I worked on two different Patriotic
Swaps...and almost have those ready to mail out.

Tomorrow is DH's Birthday...but unless the kids do something special...I have no plans. I get paid on Monday so he has to wait until then for his gifts and I will take him out for Birthday Dinner that day too.
His choice of places to go.
I guess I could go make out his birthday card...so he at least gets that tomorrow. LOL Poor baby! I got him one of those cards that tells what was happening the year you were born. He turns 70 tomorrow.

Ok Sweet things...more tomorrow.
Hope you have fabulous dreams or no dreams at all.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 24 2013 11:50:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2013 :  7:57:52 PM  Show Profile
yes Peggy the it is the same author for all of them I did use your new address for your tea and I watched the post lady handstamp them all and put them in the basket. I do hope you get it soon.

Judy it was hot here too.

My sons are at wrestling camp so it is quiet here. Hubby and I will have some date nights I think and the dogs are attached to me like glue. They are missing their boys.
My dear hubby helped me move some things in my classroom today so I can relax about that now. Then we worked outside.
Hope yall had a great day
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  03:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies of the Porch,
That sounds intriguing, dosen't it? LOL!

Tammy and Patsy I got your goodies and love them! Tammy and everyone else, come to my house anytime! I love to cook and bake. I love to eat it too!LOL!

Judy, I was cold when I was getting chemo too. Hope Mama is doing well! Seems like you and hubby are having a great time.

Floaters are a bit better PTL! They drive you wacky! I guess should say wackier!

Peggy, I went on line about the strollers and everything I liked or could afford was for 20 or 30 lb limit! Jackie likes my cooking too!LOL! She went swimming in her little pool twice today. It was so humid all she did was pant! She got me up 4 am to go potty right after the deer passing through the yard turned on the motion lites!

Moved my garden closer to the house and all raised beds. I can look out my window and watch it grow now!LOL! Much easier for me to handle. Didn't do one last year. Planted one the year before but wasn't able to do it either and hubby didn't help. This is what is planted:19 different tomatoes,zucchini,acorn, yellow and crookneck squash. Eggplant,peppers,beans,cukes,red cabbage,cauliflower,swiis chard,parsley,onions,purple and green basil,lavender and rosemary. I will plant a few more things if I find any leftovers in my travels.LOL! The orphan plants need a home too! Right?

Oh no, my post just disappeared and I freaked but I scrolled down and it was still here!Whew!!! Too many words I guess.

Bunny, Sorry about the jobs. Something will happen. I worked temp Nursing agencies for 12 years and they were all about an hour away. They do pay better if you can find one.

I wish you all well and I'll pop back later.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2013 :  10:17:48 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, got my tea and recipe today. Thank you. I just love that hot cinnamon tea. Can't wait for cooler weather so I can drink some. We had another scorcher today. The rain they keep saying we are going to get keeps avoiding us. We put off pontooning so far on this vacation because of the storms they say we are going to have each day. (90 degrees isn't a good idea for me on a boat anyhow. I'd burn to a crispy crackly crunch. *giggle* When it does storm, I fear it's going to be a hum-dinger with all this heat and humidity. It's suppose to drop the temps back into 70's when it does though.
Mom just informed us today that she's hot. Her place was like an easy-bake oven today. DH said he just knew she would change her tune at the drop of a hat. He offered to put her a/c in weeks ago just to have it ready, she said no, she was cold. Now it's 90 and she's complaining that she's hot. ....Ya think? hahaha We can't win! We try though, we really do! She never says how's she's feeling either. She just bites my head off, apologizes and says she doesn't feel well. That's how I find out. I'm like, ya,and it's hot and we're cranky and we don't feel well either. Since she's on first floor for the first time, she's afraid to open the windows. In the morning would be the perfect time to cool the place off. She could use her fans to pull it in and blow the hot stuff out, but......
PRAY for us to have patience girls. This heat is melting all of ours away! Where's that sense of humor now? *sigh*
K...going to bed. It's nice and cool in here now. Thank You Lord, for fans and cool night air! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 25 2013 11:14:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  12:21:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

The weather here is rainy (just enough to be messing with my fibro...but very humid).
That is suppose to last a couple more days then by Thursday we are back to Summer weather...80's & 90's.
And the 4th of July is suppose to be really nice. Yahoo, Maybe Judy and Patsy took me up on my offer and sent their heat my way. Love you girls...thanks for sharing. Giggle!

Darlene...Loved your Ladies of The Porch.
Sounds like Ladies of the Night or something. *giggle*
How much does Jackie weigh??? Snickers weighs 22 1/2 lbs and I got him the 20 lb limit and he has plenty of room to move around, sit, stand, lay down...you name it...he does it.

Smart Cookie moving your Garden closer in. And raised beds are the only way to go girl.
Every thing you planted sounds just like what I love in a garden.

Teacher Tammy...I will have keep those books in the back of my little brain...but right now, I have so many books downloaded and just waiting for me...it may take a very long while before I get through them.

Judy...praying for your patience girl. A cranky mama is better than no mama at all! Can't she open her windows for just a little while in the mornings to cool things down. Even if she had dowels so they couldn't be opened far enough for someone to climb in. I have AC and I also live on the first floor...but I love cooling the house down in the mornings with just a fan...all that lovely fresh air is wonderful!

Funny you should mention an Easy Bake Oven...cuz that was what I have been thinking about getting the 5 yr. old
grand-daughter for her birthday in July.

Hubby's birthday turned out really nice. We had a lovely Family dinner at Applebees. Then kids gave DH a $75.00 gift card for Barnes and Noble and some very cute humorous cards.
Larry's sister sent the funniest card though. I copied it so I could share it with you. I gave him a wad of money today for him to buy himself what ever he wanted. I have to say...he has spent most of it on Necessities...which is why I didn't just want to give him cash. That isn't very fun!

Grand-baby and kids came over to the Apartment for about an hour after dinner and I got some Baby Time. He is one month old today! And cute as a button! Love that little man!!

Well, tomorrow I have to mail a ton of MJF Swap Stuff...and then go buy Groceries. I am making DH come and help me. I hate having to do all the shopping for a month, then go unload it all at the Register, then bag it all and go load it in to the car...then come home and unload it all into the house and then put it all away by myself. Which is exactly what I usually do...but I am tired of it...and the man can just get off his computer and come help me for a change. Or else I am going to start MY OWN REVOLUTION!!! LOL

OK...off to read my great murder mystery. More later girlies.

Pray I sleep tonight last night I think I only got about 2 hrs.
Couldn't shut my mind down.

Hugs & Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 25 2013 12:34:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  07:53:07 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! I'm enjoying a leisurely morning - my only day off this week. Just wish the weather was better. Today is supposed to up to 87' with thunderstorms again tonight - so basically hot and muggy. Not good weather to do much of anything in outside unfortunately. Maybe if I get motivated the dogs and I can take a quick wonder before it gets to bad out.

On a good note my manager yesterday pulled me aside yesterday and asked if I'd be willing to work in other areas of the store, specifically the bakery. She's trying to get me hired in full time permanent but there's only one full time position allowed in the lawn & garden area that's already filled but if I was okay with working in the bakery for 2 days she would go at it from that angle and apparently it would include an extra $1 differential pay. I have no issue with it especially since I'm aware that they'll start cutting hours next month and possibly cutting people until the holiday season.

Several of you have mentioned the books you've been reading. I just finished The Charm of Simple Things. It's an adorable little book with beautiful pictures and illustrations with passages from multiple sources regarding the enjoyment of simple things. I picked it up at the thrift store. I've got a list of want to reads just from reading it lol. Another thrift store pick I'm working on is Home Comforts. It's a THICK tomb on home management so it will be one I pick up and read a couple pages and then go on to another book. I finished Kindle readings of At Least Your In Tuscany and Out of Nowhere - both biographies. At Least Your In Tuscany is about a woman who was living the American dream with a career as a lawyer to only discover while vacationing in Italy that she hated being a lawyer and wanted to write and furthermore write in Italy, which begins her journey to get ready to do that and the book encompasses her first year in Italy trying to get citizenship. Out of Nowhere is about a woman who developed a rare blood disorder out of nowhere and her journey from being a healthy, active horse trainer through her diagnosis and illness to being in remission after a blood marrow transplant. Writing the book was part of her emotional healing as she tries to deal with the psychological problems she developed because of her disease. I just started reading How To Live Like an Italian - A Users Guide to La Dolce Vita which I picked up for a penny on Amazon (plus $3.99 S&H).

Bunny - I'm sorry the job didn't work out. For all the experts saying the job market is improving I think we can agree it isn't for us.

Judy - Oh how I miss Outback. It's amazing how much we can miss even basic restaurants like that when you live in a small town with so few. I think it's harder for me having been exposed to so many options over someone that has always lived here and hasn't been exposed to all the options to know what they're missing.

Well best get moving or the day will be gone and I'll have accomplished nothing. I plan on making some cookies today. I think I'll make them in the skillet so it takes less time. I'll put some out when they're done ;O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2013 :  12:08:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies,
Peg, I can't believe that baby is a month old already. WOW! Time warp happening! hahaha
Man, your description of your shopping trip made ME tired. I needed a nap after reading it! teehee
So I see someone else has the "Shut up voices, I'm trying to sleep here" syndrome! I'm glad that I'm not the only one. That and "OK, why didn't I have these flight-of-ideas during my waking hours" syndrome! Hate that too! *giggle*
Then I want to sleep until noon! *sigh*
RFMTammy, I'm glad you have a chance to work elsewhere and possibly improve your wages and position there. I worked in a bakery years ago. Maybe that's why I don't care for chocolate anymore. hmmm... LOL
"At Least You're In Tuscany"...I believe that is the book that sparked the movie that I can't get enough of, "Under The Tuscan Sun", with Diane Lane. Really enjoy that movie! It looks like you like Italy too.
The Charm of Simple Things, sounds like something I would enjoy!
....cookies in a skillet??? huh??? Inform me please. *giggle*
Another warm one today. More humidity. Hubby put Mom's a/c in for her today. He came back drenched and shaking his head. He said she didn't even have the storm windows open, let alone the inside windows. I said I know...she WON'T open her windows at all. She's afraid!
I sure hope the a/c works for her all summer. It's an old one she had before when she lived here in town. Then she gave it to me and I used it a couple of years. Now I gave it back so she could be cool. If I get too hot I'll just have to sleep on the couch downstairs. Hubby has his own a/c in his bedroom, but he's a bear to try to sleep with. Ever since the Iraq war when his unit was there in '91, he mumbles, thrashes and lunges at me if I accidently wake him up, so I just stay outta there. *sigh* The couch will work.
Well, gonna go find something to do where I don't have to move much. Have a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2013 :  6:56:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
It is warm and humid day here. But I can't complain as we have had rain daily this week. The farmers are happy and the crops are looking good. I baked two banana breads for a bake sale tomorrow. There is benefit for a girl in our school who is need of extra money so she can go to a children's hospital in Denver. She has been sick most of her life and she has been referred to this hospital who specializes in her symptoms in hopes of finding out what is wrong. Then my boys came home from wrestling camp and wanted to eat them and I said no. So I baked cookies for them since I was feeling bad they wanted some goodies. Now they are happy.

I am getting things ready for my trip to San Antonio to go with our youth group. We are leaving at 4 am on Sunday. I will be gone a week. But I am getting excited about going back home and I hope to see my dad while there as well.

I just finished reading Murder is Binding. it was a very good book. Now I am getting ready to read the girl who chased the moon.

Well I just wanted to stop in and say hello, Now off to put clothes in the dryer and have some tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  10:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, my tea came today. The recipe looks wonderful! Thank you!

Spent the day sewing. I should have a picture tomorrow. I'm up cycling a jean jacket.

Time for bed. Nite all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  11:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Tea Lady Tammy...if Bunny got her tea today...then mine will be here tomorrow.

Have a good week on your trip!!!

I have been on this computer all day...trying to revamp mail art. I am tired tonight...so, will come back on tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page