Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  09:04:13 AM  Show Profile
All you ladies wanting rain....come to Maine. It's been raining here for a month I swear.. hubby has been itching to get the haying started but we don't get enough hot days to get it done. It's been too wet. Uggh.

My gardens aren't doing well
Have had to replant some things. Why does my mint have black spotted leaves? It's inside yet.

All you ladies who like Amish reads ...Ashley joy Lowell just released her latest e book on Amazon..Ring Thief.
I found this site after browsing a mjf magazine at a bnb. Just bought my first magazine yesterday and dh is getting me a subscription for my birthday in July. Can't wait.

Have a good day all.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  09:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lorena,
Your mint might be getting too much water or it might have a bug. Check the under side of the leaves, pick off any bugs, then ignore the plant. They thrive on abuse.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  10:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
If you don't want to travel that far north then you could come south to Florida as we have been having thunderstorms everyday for the past week and they say they shall continue for another week or so. Makes it hard to start my garden. Received my rototiller two days ago and my husband put it together, however, I did not get to use it. He decided that it was a man's thing and I just needed to watch or help by keeping the cord out of the way. MEN! Anyways he got about 2/3rds done before the rain hit. Maybe Monday we shall get the first part done and begin on part 2. It feels good to be making progress though.

Peggy, I can't believe that it has been a month already. Boy time flies when you are having fun. Before you know it that little baby will be walking. Enjoy your time, I am so jealous.

Bunny, sorry to hear about your job interview. Maybe the next one will be the ticket for you. Just hang in there girl.

Tammy, glad to hear about your new job. I know that my day will be coming soon. I hope I have your luck when I start looking.

Well I have stuff to finish for a swap and a house to clean before hubby gets up from his nap and gets ready for work. This being quite during the day sometimes can be hard, when I have so much I want to do, but it is noisy.
Enjoy your weekend. Oh by the way, I started my blog today. If you get a chance check it out.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
My blog: http:farmgirlmuse.blogspot.com

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Jun 29 2013 10:13:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  11:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Terri! It probably is too wet. Became a mosquito smorgasbord while weeding my squash and pumpkins. Apparently vics vaporub doesn't work on mosquitoes for bug repellent.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2013 :  11:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Just popping in with a cup of tea to have a break from packing. Tomorrow I am leaving for the youth trip, I am excited but will miss hubby and my dear dogs. I haven't been away from home for this long in a very long time. I am sure it will be fun and I will take pictures to share with yall. Today I was to boys 4h show for a bit. They did well.
I have been working a bit on school things but will hit it hard upon my return from home. I saw a local store here stocking school supplies already!!!!!!! I was like I feel like I just got out of school...yikes!

Bunny glad you got your tea.

Peggy hope you got yours today.

Lorena if your mint has spots it is getting too much water.

It has rained here every day and been fairly nice. I have enjoyed the nicer days.
well ladies that suitcase is calling my name. I will try to pop in before bed but if not know you are in my thoughts and be good.
love to you all
Tammmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1501 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  08:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls!!! Sorry, I have been MIA, things are busy!

I didn't order the fabric- YET! I have SO many scraps, thought I might play with them a bit first. :) As for the colors, they match my bedroom, blues (touch of turq.), greens, brown.

I got my tea!!! Thank you Tammy!!! Pictures are on my blog! http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/2013/06/frsh-and-tasty.html

I still have a couple of pages to catch up on, but saying a quick prayer for Bunny and a great job!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile
hey ladies it has been a while since I sat on the porch, things are quiet at the moment here, my DH took my DD into town to watch monsters university at the movies, and both boys are fast asleep. I just finished up a romance novel while relaxing in bed. Now I am sitting trying to figure out what to do with the four summer squash my neighbor dropped off. We had 7 new windows installed yesterday and I am far too excited about it.

Tammy, glad to hear that your boys did well at 4 H. I also simpathize with the idea of school stuff going out, but I saw an isle of christmas stuff the other day and just about fell over!

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  1:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, just checking in. Hope ya'll are having a blessed "SonDay!" *giggle*
Well Mama goes in for blood work at 9:15 tomorrow morning. If her blood count is up enough they will do the 2nd chemo on her. If not we will have to come back when it is. *sigh* So much hurry up...and wait! They said this treatment will take 5 hours. ~What~ I can't sit that long. I will have to find some place to go where I can walk around. My big chance to become more familiar with that town I guess.
I usually get lost just driving there and back. hahaha
Please keep us in your Prayers!
Have a Great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 30 2013 7:30:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  7:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. Finally had a weekend day off so enjoyed it and slept in!!! That doesn't happen often. I did get up at 6:30 to let the pups out and feed everybody and then crawled back into bed. Never thought I'd go back to sleep. M* took me out for a late breakfast this morning and then we took the pups for a hike. The pups didn't do to well on the hike. I think it's because they all have so much black fur that they overheated more then I thought they would. We probably did close to 3 miles so it wasn't too short but I'd hoped for 10 miles. We'll have to go earlier or much later next time. Ticks were horrible!!! Hiking on open prairie trails is a lot different from the wooded hiking trains I'm use to. I was surprised that they didn't have picnic tables or benches by the few tree groupings so people could rest and for people to just sit and enjoy the view. For some reason I'm really missing trees right now. I desperately want to walk through the woods again. I'm sure I'll get over it.

I applied for 2 more jobs this week in case the full time permanent position doesn't come through. Both are factory positions and I've been told both are hiring and are desperate for workers. I haven't heard from either one. It's frustrating to say the least. Someone suggested the prison here which I hadn't thought about especially since it's dealing with mental patients but they don't have any jobs listed I qualify for.

Judy - skillet cookies are just cookie batter put into a cast iron skillet and baked - similar to a bar cookie. I think there was a special issue with skillet recipes using MJ's baking mix but I could be wrong. I actually didn't get them made because when I went to grab the chocolate chips out of the cabinet I discovered one of us had used part of the bag and I didn't have enough lol At Least Your In Italy is a different book than Under the Tuscan Sun which is what the movie was based on. Loved the movie but the book by the same title is totally different. Another case where I preferred the movie over the book. Hope your mother does well tomorrow. Will keep her in my thoughts.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  05:53:14 AM  Show Profile
TLT, Got the tea thanks.
So busy here. Hugs all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:06:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...home computer is down that is why Ive been MIA. SUPPOSE to be back up and running tomorrow.
I am at BnN on my kindle.

TEA Lady Tammy...got my tea and yummy sounding recipe. Pretty envelope...will probably use some of it forMail Art. Too pretty to just toss out. Hope your camp goes well.

Judy...praying for Mama and you!! What she is going through does not sound like a piece of cake. Hope the treatments are 100% Successful

Good to see some of our other MIAs Back onhere today. Don't stay gone so long between visits. We miss ya!

RFM Tammy...I would miss the trees too. I am a tall Mts tall trees kind of gal myself. Too bad the jobs aren't really
What you need. How is M* job going?

OK girls...I just finished the first of the two Titanic books called THE GIRL WHO CAME HOME. Soooooo good. I highly
Recommend it. Nice little Romance tied into it too.

Spent yesterday with my little man and his mommy and daddy. We went to the Farmers Market and then to have
Thai Food. And then I tagged along while they did some grocery shopping....after all I got to push the stroller. Lol
But when we got home they handed me a bag of groceries. I said, "Hey whats this for?" My son said, "Just a few things I know you like." What a couple sweethearts!!!! Always thinking of us.

OK...More tomorow. Stay cool girls. 94 here today.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Hello from San Antonio girls! it is a beautiful 92 degrees! It is a beautiful city! Although the house keeper had to give me a lesson on using the room key! This is not the first time I can get my butterfly wings get the key to work she says you have key I show you Put key like this It opens door! I was giggling because it is so me! She just smiles andsays it will be ok! I think they should have pictures! Well time to head out again!
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Well, Mama's white blood count wasn't up to snuff, so they postponed the chemo until next week.
The weather held off all day for us. Then after we got home it rained. It was so humid for 80 degrees.
Right now it's nice and cool and 70. I thoroughly enjoy the cool, wet nights we're having. Good sleeping.
Well, I'm wore out and have a headache too so I'm gonna try to lay down for a bit. Phone keeps ringing.
Later Ladies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  3:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi all y'all. It's been too many years since I've put my fanny in one of these porch rockers, and I sure have missed it. I'm a bit heavier, a bit older, but looking forward to celebrating 25 years with Hon in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, Young'un and Kid are at Boy Scout camp a whole week for the first time, while Eldest is hanging out with me. I told him there's going to be a tidal wave of cleaning going on, cuz I've bought myself a new vacuum and if that won't get it out, the shovel will. Smiling & Waving, Sharon

http://www.thesilvermaplefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  7:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sharon, Welcome!!

Alicia,
I like playing with fabric too. I got a charm pack of Mary Jane's Glamping fabric. Forty-two squares of all colors. I have so much fun re-arranging them, then stacking them all up and doing it again.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  8:01:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody. I jumped on to ask for prayers and thoughts PeggyAnn this will answer your question about M*'s job. He was called into a meeting today and informed they're phasing out his position. They're creating another position which would be a promotion with more duties BUT they're requiring him to apply and fight to get the position and he already knows he has competition for the position. If he doesn't get the position he'll be out of a job To say he's devastated is an understatement. After our taking the leap of faith and using every cent we had to move out here and everything we gave up to get here to have this happen is almost too much to take in. There's no way on what I make that I could take over the bills he pays. They've told him that they legally have to post the job internally and then externally before they can start doing interviews. So far no cut off date has been given. In the meantime we'll be left in this purgatory of not knowing. He's anticipating it may take a couple months before we know. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. We never saw this coming. Please keep me and Matt in prayer. Thanks.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  03:57:57 AM  Show Profile
What a horrible situation for your family to be in, Rose! This type of workplace nonsense drives me nuts. Sad thing is it has become a very common practice, whether you're in any form of employment (govt/state, public/private) I just don't understand it, and I truly hope your husband does not have to wait too long for them to tell him it's still his. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of the stress! Smiling & Waving, Sharon

Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  05:22:35 AM  Show Profile
Alright, I can't take it any more. The skunk smell is unbearable. I swear that bugger was sleeping in the bed with us last night. I tried to sit out on the porch this morning, enjoying my coffee, while watching the sun come up and the animals start their dailies, but holy cow, it is just NAS-T! Smiling & Waving, Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  09:29:33 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this again. So sad that companies want you to be loyal to them but they will stab you in the back regardless. I hope he is looking for work elsewhere at the same time. I'll be praying you get a solution that works for the both of you soon!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  11:57:22 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! Today is my day off and thankfully I didn't get asked to work overtime, although I probably should have offered if I'd known about M*'s job situation. I applied for a Kelly temp-to-hire position today but I doubt I'll hear anything from them. Tried to ride my bike to W*lmart to see how long it would take me to ride to work and discovered my back tire on my brand new bike was totally flat and I couldn't get it to fill up so I'll have to have M* look at it when he gets home. M*'s whole job situation is triggering a migraine so I'm in preventative mode. As much as I need to do some cleaning I can't afford to have a full blown migraine kick in.

M* came home for lunch and said that nobody has spoken a word or even looked him in the eye today at work. He's seeing this as a vote of no confidence and that he's history with the company. Unfortunately I can't dispute it. The only person that spoke with him was the guy that got fired yesterday who came in to pick up his tools. We plan on working on his resume today so he can start sending it out. He's walking around like a whipped puppy waiting for the ax to fall. Companies wonder why employees are no longer faithful - it's because employees can't trust anybody or any company.

Sharon - Totally understand. A while back we woke up in the wee hours of the morning with the stench of skunk in the bedroom. It smelled like he'd blown under our bed. We'd left the window open a crack and he must have been really close because it was so bad we both had to get up and go to the living room to get away from it.

I did make a coke cake today. M*'s favorite pop is coke so when I saw the recipe on FB I decided to make it for him. He needs a little sweetness. I'd hoped to have it done for lunch but it was still too hot to put the glaze on so we'll have it for dessert tonight. Speaking of which, I need to go pull something out for supper. I'll keep everybody updated and I'll leave some of this cake out for everybody to try.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  12:18:14 PM  Show Profile
Mmmmmmm, sounds like a yummy and interesting cake.

Anyone else on here spin yarn and is participating in the Tour de Fleece spinning on the Ravelry website?

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  12:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
BTW you Lovlies, Prayers go out to you all!

Oh Tammy, my heart breaks for you because I was there many times throughout my married life. My daughter is there right now with her husband. It scares you to death. I will say that every time something happened God made it better. Better pay, hours etc. Keep the Faith no matter what! All the companies are like this anymore. People used to retire after working 30/40 years at the same place but no more.

TLT-Don't get locked out when no one's around!LOL! Enjoy camp!

Judy-Aren't they giving Mama anything to bring her counts up? If not ask them about that. Everyone I know that had chemo gets a shot of Neulasta the next day. It builds your white count up so you don't get an infection. The other major worry is her platelets. If they are too low she could bleed. At one point in my chemo it happened to me. Ask for a copy of her bloodwork every time she has it done. Hubby can check it out then! I got a copy of everything. Oh wish she didn't have to do this. Exhaustion is a problem too. I don't mean to say all these terrible things but knowledge is proactive.

Peggy-How nice to be with your family. That little guy won't be little long and he'll sure know his GM. Nice son. My son is like that too! He emailed me and said you and dad have plans the 29th. He took us to a big event at the horse races. Nice dinner, paid for our betting of which I have no clue what I'm doing! I let him do it for me. We always had horses and our last one died in 2007 so we enjoy the beauty of the horses most. We're not gamblers but it was fun!

My Jackie is at the vet. She had an abcessed tooth removed, teeth cleaned and some old lady growths removed. Of course she needed bloodwork and a rabies shot too. Can't wait to see this bill. Thankfully he lets us pay monthly payments. My stomach is in knots for her. Can't wait to get her home. How crazy we get over our animals! Or should I say furbabies! My DIL told me not to get a doggie stroller until I look at 2 kid strollers she has. Hope I can make it work for her.

Ate swiss chard from my garden yesterday. With all the rain my garden is growing like crazy. Yeah. Made homemade wild raspberry jam too. They are up and down our whole lane. Yum. My husband brought me 7 lbs of rhubarb home from some guy that has it into october. I don't know how he has it that long but I love it. I will be freezing more for the winter.

Off to the kichen. You will get whatever I make!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  12:34:09 AM  Show Profile
RSF Tammy...I was wondering what crummy thing they were going to pull on Matt. It just didn't sound good...what you shared before
about the boss walking out on him in mid-conversation. I agree...that companies have no loyalty to their employees and it really burns
me big time. Even the last Christian Book Store I worked for (and you would think they would be so ethical and loyal...NO they weren't).
But after 4 years of watching them give people the boot with no notice what so-ever and just helping them pack up their stuff and walking
them to their cars (about a 15 min. process start to finish)...when I decided to quit I gave them 1 minute notice and not a minute more.
Some of my friends said, "Aren't you going to give them 2 weeks notice so they can train somebody?" I said, "Heck no, if they were going to fire me would they give me two weeks notice?" I left on my terms and on God's timing and I was never so happy to get out of a place in my life. If you can't even trust christian employers...there is something very wrong with the world girls. This entire 22 Store Chain folded up and died because of miss-management, 2 years later. And I praised God for it happening! I was a Dept Manager there and I loved the customers, loved the employees and learned to dislike the Corporate Office because they were awful to the employees and highly discriminatory. I would go to battle for my employees and for the Main Store where I worked...and so they considered me a trouble maker. But they couldn't fire me because of the 3 different Store Managers I worked under always gave me the highest ratings ever given on yearly review. I really wanted to sue that company...but when I prayed about it God wouldn't allow me to. But he reminded me that if something is Not of His liking (that is suppose to represent Him) He will bring it down. And indeed he did. Sorry girls, I'm stepping down off my soap box now. Whew...haven't been that worked for awhile.*giggle* The sad thing is...is it is happening all over the Country.
And it just isn't right.

Welcome back Sharon...always good to have people come back who have been on The Porch before!

Darlene...so glad that you are back on here so that you can help Judy with her Mama's situation. Nothing better than a Nurse
and a Cancer Survivor wrapped up into one package.

Sounds like you a have a good son like my youngest son is. Maybe because he was the last and stayed at home until age 20...he just
seems more in tuned to his parents and making sure we have what we need and loving on us like crazy. The other boys love us...but they
are a whole lot different than the youngest. Less engaged with the day to day life of their parents. And that is ok...they have
their lives and families and I get that. But it is wonderful to have one who you can really count on.

Our heatwave is starting to back down to "Normal" Summer weather starting tomorrow. We are suppose to be in the 80's the rest of the week
and on into next week. That is just really comfortable for most people. I love the heat...but if I didn't have A/C to escape into...I
wouldn't love it as much. lol

Just found out that our Vet postponed Snickers Surgery for a week. Grr! I guess he has aging parents that need a family intervention...
because they really need to live in Assisted Living. So he is flying out to meet his other siblings. I guess we have waited this long
what is one more week??? I just want to see my boy out of pain and running again.

Well, I am off to read in one of my two books I have going at the moment. Sleep tight...and pray for all those who have trials brewing.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  06:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone and happy Independence Day! Looking out, the weather is questionable, as there's lots of rain around. Hon, Young'un and Kid are at Boy Scout camp, where they're definitely getting rained on. No idea yet if Eldest and I am going to fireworks tonight or not - just depends on whether it's raining or not. I have a bunch of clean-up and clear out to do today, some yarn to spin, and dog biscuits to bake for this weekends farmers market. Haven't scoped out the garden yet to see if there's anything from there to offer. A big storm a few weeks ago took out the beans, a whole bunch of tomato plants, and made a general mess of it, but we may have some scallions and turnips still. Have a wonderful 4th of July day! Smiling & Waving, Sharon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2013 :  07:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th of July Gals! Hope you have a fun, relaxing and safe day!
DH is working so it's just Mama&Me!
Darlene, this young doctor we have is concerned about Mama's age.
Might be why he doesn't do things like other docs do.
I do know that for her age, she had no side-effects at all from the
lo-dose way that he gave her chemo. Of course this was just her 1st session.
But I will ask about the Neulasta. We did go to the local health-store
and get her a good food powder that builds up her blood though. The store
manager, Bill, Is a great knowledgeable guy who's been there forever, and
he recommended it for her plus some extra chlorophyll. He also said for her
to stop taking antioxidants because they mess up the chemo. That was good to know!
Sharon, welcome back! Good to have another Buckeye around here. I don't know where
Frankfort is, but are you loving this cooler weather we're having? Or are you one
of those gals who loves it hot&humid? *giggle* I'm loving it myself! After last summer's
week long 100 temps every day I was tickled pink when the Almanac said, cooler, wetter summer
this year for most of the NE. Yipppeeeeee! hahahaha
RFMTammy, I'm so sorry to hear about such horrible bosses and work troubles. That's just awful!
I'm one who believes in, "What goes around, comes around!" I see it happen all the time.
Oh my, I see some of you are dealing with the skunks too. It's awful this year. They woke me up twice last week around 3 AM with their "LaPew" Perfume. I also think they were under my bed.lol
Well, have a Great 4th, whatever you choose to do!
Extra Hugs&Love today!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 04 2013 07:57:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page