Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2013 :  10:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!
I've never had a transfusion before and neither has Mama. Not looking forward to the whole ordeal. DH said that his Mom has gone thru a couple and they were no big deal. Typical army guy...nothing is a big deal to him.
I think I mentioned it on an earlier thread, Mama is getting Neulasta shots the day after her chemo. I'm glad for that. It does give her a headache though. Poor Mama.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, last night between thunderstorms, DH and I went outside and fired up the chimney pot and roasted a bunch of marshmallows. I had brewed a pot of coffee and we took the cat on his leash, out with us, and just enjoyed the break in the rain. lol
Today was like a fall day. We had a high of 75. Sorry guys...those of you suffering the heat and humidity again. But it is such a rare thing to have 70's this time of year. Thank You God! Sure not complaining. I got a lot of weeding done today.
Well, nite Gals. I'm all in for today.
Thanks Darlene for the goodies. *giggle* Always room for goodies.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  12:26:12 AM  Show Profile
HI Darlene...will let my mom read what you said on your post to me.
Glad we have you on here. My friend Judy from Canada...explained what the Canadian
Radiation is verses the U.S. Radiation...and that helped my mom decided that she
didn't want the Canadian. She was really sick, exhausted for a year, and had radiation
burn too. So, I understand if at 80 yrs old she doesn't want to put herself through that
again. ~ Thanks for the goodies you left us on the Porch tonight! Did you create scallion
spaghetti sauce yourself?

Judy...maybe big brave Military guys think nothing of a transfusion...but I really did not like
it. It was what I call a necessary evil. Life saving yes...as long as you don't get bad blood.
If I have to have a surgery where I could possibly need a transfusion (because red heads are bleeders)
I have them take my blood in advance and store it if needed or my husbands blood. I just won't
run the risk of aides or some other blood disease.

Didn't do much today. The humidity is getting to me the last few days. Have a headache tonight and
feel a bit nauseated. I napped for two hours in the late afternoon but still feel really rung-out
tonight.

Judy...glad you got some reprieve from the heat. We are suppose to get that all next week in the 70-low 80's. Still great weather!!! No complaints here.

OK girls...off to bed...not even going to read tonight...did that earlier. I am reading J. K. Rowlings
latest novel, which is a murder mystery written under an assumed name, other than some stark language in
a few places...it is a really good story.

Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  08:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I pray everything goes well with the transfusion! It is a scary thought :(

I love the idea of taking the cat out on a leash... I need to do that with Newcomb. He LOVES to go outside, but he's not an outdoor cat, and out here on the farm, he has no sense... he ran out one evening when I didn't know it, and my husband came in with him... after a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE rainstorm... DH was just laaaaaughing because apparently, Newcomb was over by the mulberry tree just cryyyyyyyin' his little head off because he got caught in the storm. If I had a way to keep him in the yard, like a leash, he could go outside more.

Have a couple pieces of good news.... have an interview with the local Harley Davidson dealership on Saturday morning. Not sure where that will lead, but it is something. The biggest thing is that I am not sure they would be able to pay me enough to justify leaving my current job. I don't make a whole lot here, but I think I would make a little more here than I would there. BUT all we can do is sit down and talk, and find out.

Plus, I got an interview lined up for next week with the Volunteer Coordinator for Boot Campaign, so I may at least be able to start volunteering for them, even if I don't get the interview for the Graphic Design job.

WOOT!!! Things are moving, and here I thought I could never get out of the place I am working now! Goes to show what a little faith will bring ya!

Or as DH and I say... Big Faith. That was the name we settled on for the farm when we were on honeymoon. Eventually, I'm going to come up with a logo, of sorts. I promise I will share when I can.

And Peggy, I know how bad that humidity is!! You can LITERALLY see it in the hills!!! yuck!!

Well, ladies, going to go do some studying and prepare for these interviews. Hope everyone has a good day today!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  1:00:26 PM  Show Profile
howdy ladies,
It is beautiful here today. I went to school this morning to work a bit but not long as the ac is out in my section of the building and well when I am hot they know there is trouble. My wings will start to droop, I seriously looked at my bullentin board and thought Velcro their hot little wings. I loved that I never laughed so hard and the funny thing I love Velcro. It has many uses..but wing stopping was one I had not thought of. I am going back later this afternoon to meet with a potential family that has twins and would be in my class. I can understand their concerns beings I have twins as well.

But I have not been an all work and no play girl. I went to an estate auction last night and look what I came home with.

My dear hubby said bid. We will never have a table like this. Our other one was one I had when I was growing up. I am so excited this table looks so nice in my house that is still new to me even though we have lived here a year almost. I checked out this table on line and it would be around 2000 dollars. Yikes this was a bargain.

well I really should probably do something productive.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  4:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Tammy,
That is a beautiful table and chairs. Your home is lovely also.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  6:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Terri

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  6:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Evening Ladies!

Judy, good that she is getting the Neulasta. Bad that it's not working well. Poor Mama. There's always a chance of a reaction with a transfusion but they will observe her well. My daughter had to have 6 units last August when she wouldn't stop bleeding after she had her son. She was in ICU a few days. No reaction to the blood. I have donated my own blood prior to surgeries just like Peggy said.

Peggy, What's the difference between the Radiations? I go to my Radiologist tomorrow. Pray that she doesn't feel any lumps and bumps! Yes the scallion sauce is mine.

TLT, Beautiful dining set. I love to go to auctions. Used to go all the time. You're quick, it's set up already!

Prayers to all.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  7:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, lovely table and chairs.

All this talk of blood transfusions and radiation is just sad. I hate to think of what you that are dealing with it are going through.

Thank you to all those that prayed me through today. We had the mediation. All we got done was the parenting plan but that's huge. Obviously I don't like every aspect of it but you'll never like everything. I have faith that the Lord will work things out for His glory and will guard my children's hearts and minds. The big news is that I will continue to homeschool the children!!! This was HUGE for me. So I am so thankful right now. We will have to set up another mediation for the financial end of things so I'll be pestering you again for prayer. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  8:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! I've been unbelievably busy and exhausted. I've been working way to many 11 hour shifts of late, probably one every 2 to 3 days. I had to drop in though to let you know I got the job!!! I'm excited. Thank you all for your prayers. I'll be starting August 5th. I did my orientation on Wednesday and also found out more about the job that they hadn't told me before. According to the woman that did the orientation we should only be working under Kelly for approximately 6 weeks to get us trained. Once we prove we can handle the job we'll be made permanent and our entire pay and benefit package will change. Pay will go down but she claims there's a great benefit package we'll get instead. It's still more than I was making at the museum and way more than I'm making now. I'm going to stay on and work part time, probably just weekends, at W*lmart. If it becomes too much I'll rethink staying on but I could definitely use the money with my son's upcoming wedding and everything. Another perk we may be offered is to be able to work from home!!! I would absolutely love to work from home again.

Bunny - I received your teas. I really need to drink some of the chamomile since I've been having problems sleeping. My mind just won't shut off.

Loving this cooler weather we've been having. Dogs are whining constantly to go for walks in the evening. I'm sure I made a sight tonight dressed in a brown prairie skirt, turquoise v-neck tee, and blue jean jacket with my Birkenstock sandals walking 3 dogs in basically a heel position. I typically walk Tip & Lacey on my left side and Oreo on my right side so we're a huge straight line. I figure I looked the proper MJ type of farm girl wanttabe although I wish I was as thin as she is lol

M*'s sister and niece are arriving Saturday and will be staying until Thursday so I'm not sure if I'll be able to visit while they're here. Looking forward to having visitors.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I promise to keep in touch :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2013 :  11:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening my Porchies....

Missus Miranda...I wish people in our Apt. Complex would keep their cats on leashes.
We have a dog leash rule...but those cats that are suppose to stay inside are always wandering outside and driving all the dogs crazy. And my dog is very vocal being a Scottish Terrier (they are known for being loud and obnoxious).
At night when I take him out he literally peers under every car we pass to see if any of the kitty's are under there and usually there are one or two.

Don't really see you as a Harley Girl but it just might be a great job you never know. Keep us posted on how the interview went.

Teacher Tammy...what a lovely Dining Room Table you got. Perfect for family meals. It is hard to
find good quality tables anymore.
Even if you spend a lot of money...most of them are fake wood. Just partical board with lamenent over them.
So, enjoy that great table for years to come.

Darlene...the difference between the Canadian Radiation and the American Radiation is that the Canadian is only 3 weeks of really strong radiation verses our American 7 week radiation with not so strong of radiation. If you got severe radiation burns and bad nausia and extreme exhaustion from the American...like my mom did...then you would not want to take the Canadian treatment. Hope that helps you.

Kimberly...glad that your mediation went well today. You are right about not getting everything you want but if you can compromise through it all...things will work out good for everyone...especially the kids.
Always happy to be called on to pray for those in need.

RFM Tammy...congratulations on the new job!!! That is just great! Don't wear yourself to a frazzle working both jobs though or you know who won't be happy with you. LOL
Enjoy your visitors this weekend.

I am headed to Seattle tomorrow for the weekend with youngest son and his little family.
Looking forward to seeing the grand-daughters and their parents. Should be fun! Would appreciate traveling prayers.

Snickers got his staples out and I have to do therapy at home on his hip and leg. The Vet told me to massage it and rotate it a couple of times a day for 7 days.
I have a massager that is mine that has a head that heats up besides vibrating that I use for my Fibro...when my muscles are really tight and knotted up...so I tried it for just a couple minutes on Snickers and then did the rotations once the muscle was warmed up. He couldn't handle any of it for very long the first time...but tonight when I took him out he was using both feet. Which is a great sign. DH won't do it while I am gone...so we might need to start all over Sunday...but that is ok. He said if in the 7 days Snickers wasn't using both feet then I was to tape a pepple to the bottom of his good foot...so he would have to use the other foot. Pretty Smart! I would have never thought of that on my own. LOL

OK girlies...off for tonight. Sleep Tight!
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile
haha Peg! Oh, I haven't ridden, but that's mostly because DH and I can not afford a bike right now. My brother rides, many of his "brothers" from the Corps ride, DH used to ride. Several of my family members ride and you'd never really expect it.

Woke up in a grumpy mood today... not sure exactly why, but I think part of it is work. Trying to keep my chin up, but the week has been so long. At least tomorrow I will take another step to get out of here! And then, spend the day with Momma!

Peggy, ours isn't so much the neighbor thing, but I can understand that. I just get worried that Newcomb, not having "outdoor smarts", will get in trouble. Most of the dogs around here leave cats alone because the cats help them keep vermin away. But, there are other animals, tractors, and all that not-so-fun stuff around here.

Hope that everyone has a great day, today! I'll check in again later, but my brain is just not working right now.

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  08:29:35 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful morning. Unexpected rain showers. DH and I had early morning coffee on our back porch. Lots of birds flitting around carrying on with their noisy conversations and squeezing in on the perch of the bird feeders. Hummingbirds sipping their morning juice.
We are waiting to watch the road runner fly out of her nest to eat bugs. The cattle are meandering around to find the sweetest grass. Hope everyone can get out and about and look at the scenes of nature around them today.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Tea lady Tammy what a beautiful table! Nice find.

Peggy, so glad Snickers is doing better. Funny about the pebble thing. I would think he would just chew it off. Hope his recovery is fast.

Rose fairy Tammy so glad about your new job!! Good for you. I understand about keeping the Walmart job, but I bet after a while it won't be worth the extra grief you put your body through.

Kimberly, glad the mediation was amicable. There are always so many trade offs. The financial one will be the most difficult. Hang in there. Men seem to forget they are supporting their children when it comes to the money part. They only see that it goes to their x.

Miranda, good luck with your job search. At least you are at an age where you won't be discriminated because of your age. That seems to be my biggest problem right now.

Still no word from the college. I don't know if they are just dragging their feet or I didn't get picked for an interview. I keep sewing and working on my website. I'm pet sitting a little but I have enough income to squeak me by until November. So I just keep looking. My biggest problem is most jobs I would qualify for require me to be on my feet most do the day and I can't do that. I just wish I had a clue where my path is leading.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2013 :  8:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Evening Sisters!

Kim, Hang in there and keep looking up! One down!

RFM Tammy, Way to go! I worked agency nursing for about 12 years and I loved it. I didn't want to be hired anywhere because I could choose all my shifts and days. Then one of the places bought my contract out and I got hired. Wasn't going to but did it anyway. Good Luck.

Bunny, The age thing isn't supposed to happen but it sure does. You can't prove it but it's there. Keep looking. Something will happen. When God closes one door He will open another. Not in our time but in His.

Peggy, Poor Snickers. When he is lying down try a heated rice pack. It will work wonders. It's a moist heat. Jackie loves it when her back goes out. So do I! That Canadian Radiation sounds like too much too soon! Scarey!

My check up went well with the Radiologist. Breast exam normal! Whew! Oncologist next month, Mammo and Surgeon in Sepember! I keep claiming the Lord's Healing!

Prayers for you all always!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  11:33:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello, ladies! Well, I did the interview at the local Harley-Davidson dealer, and did not get the job. BUT that is not bad news, for many reasons! I had a great interview, they just can not pay me enough in that department. But, the lady who did the interview wanted to hire me so badly, that she is putting my resume on file for later if another department needs someone in financing or accounting.

Also, it got me in the door and, like I said, I had a great interview and got my interviewing skills up. I have a couple of other companies looking at me, so it's good practice.

Bunny :( It's so sad that people overlook people because of age, ESPECIALLY because I have found the older people (40+) are SOOOO much better to work with... more reliable, not so full of drama, more mature and willing to learn. Momma, DH and I ALL pull our hair out over these young kids most times! Even my managers at both the branches I have worked for agree! Responsible, mature youngsters are really hard to come by!

Well, ladies, I am going to scan my emails again, and think about what I want to have for lunch. Hope everyone has a good day!! I'll pop in again later!

Miranda

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  6:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, sorry about the job. Hopefully the right one will come along.

I have heard nothing from the college so emotionally I'm letting it go. It has stressed me and kept me up too many nights.

On a happier note..I sold 3 dresses on my etsy site!!! One for $82.00 the other two for $125.00. I'm sooo jazzed!! I actually have sold two dresses but one of the buyers asked me to do a custom dress for her. So I have been sewing happily all day. I'm actually going to make more than one dress. She gave me free reign and I want to make sure she sees something she likes.

Also totally amazing news for my mom. She got a check today for $15,000.00 for back pay for my stepdad's retirement he was suppose to get over twenty years ago. So there is a little nest egg for when he passes and if I don't have a job yet, she can keep up with the mortgage.
Big relief for both of us!

Anyway, that's my amazing news for today.

Where is everyone??

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  7:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Miranda, a foot in the door is a good thing.
Bunny, Grand on the dress sales not to mention the nest egg. Yea!
On my end. I did trade my 2008 Toyota in on a new one. Because I would not put anything down, it is not as fancy as the one I had but it has a 2 year or 25K mile guarantee and Toyota care which means they come get me if anything goes wrong. The tires are garbage and I am going to have to get new ones. They might be ok in the lower 48 with no snow and in the city. But not here. The day I went in to get it, my granddaughter who has been babysitting 24/7 for two single moms, had a major seizure lasting over 1.5 hours. They ladies called me and there was a whole long song and dance about what my GDD had done or not done. Since they have not been paying her, I got pissed off. Told them to just fire my GDD and have done with it. The doctor at the emergency room was one I had encountered years before when my DH was still alive. God orchestrated this one. He told her the same thing everyone else in the family had been telling her, the ladies were using her very badly. She finally listened to the doctor. One of the ladies keeps claiming that she cannot get any help from anyone and the stuff she is claiming is junk. I took the GDD from the hospital, got her stuff loaded and into the truck in about a half hour flat. She is now out of that situation. Phew! But I was not counting on having another mouth to feed right now. God is doing something about that however. Thank you Lord.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  12:01:30 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...got on and read last night but there wasn't much to comment on then.

Darlene...I had not thought of doing a heated rice bag on snickers. I would need to make one or go buy one as I haven't used one in years. I think it is a great idea however.
Glad that your check-up went well!!! My mom had good check ups for 12 years before she got it again. She said that she doesn't want to be around in 12 more years...so she isn't worried about getting it a third time.

Missus Miranda...you have a great attitude towards interviewing. You can really learn a lot from both great interviews and bad interviews....and every kind in between. So, keep the positive attitude and you will land a good job in no time.

Bunny...Yahoo on the sale of the dresses. Good things are happening for you and your mama. Don't forget to give God the credit for them. We have all been praying for you and God gave you the talent to do Gorgeous Work with Fabrics.

Awesome little nest Egg for your mom. That ought be a huge relief for both of you. Nice!

Cherime...It makes me crazy, when someone is doing a kindness out of the goodness of their heart and those receiving the kindness can only gripe and complain.
I am so glad the
Dr. was able to get through to your GDD.
Hope the new truck works out to be a real blessing for you.

Well, I had an absolute ball with my Grand-kids this weekend. Not so much with their parents however.
My youngest son and oldest son are a lot alike...in the fact that they each let little things in life irritate the dickens out of them. This wknd they were both irritated with each other. I try to stay out of the middle of it...and only be the Peace-maker when I can actually say or do some good. This weekend I tried to keep my mouth shut and let them each stew in their own juices. ~ The Baby was a big hit with his two girl cousins and they loved mothering him. It was so cute. My youngest grand-daughter (Naomi who turned 2 in June) is just a head shorter than her 5 yr. old sister. And she knows every way to push her big sisters buttons. Kind of reminded me of my sons this weekend too. LOL
I had good grandma time and Naomi wanted to come home with me when it was time to head home. She grabbed my hand and would not let go. She kept saying, "I go home with Ganbom"...finally her daddy came and gently picked her up and said she could go home with me another time but for now she needed a nap. She didn't cry...so, I was proud of her. She is really talking up a storm lately. She hardly talked in Feb. when I was last there. All her words end with an "M" though...which is so funny and really cute! She really won my heart over even more this trip.
She is just such a little corker and tomboyish...where Madeline is just the little Princess and full of so much drama. Love them both so much!

Today I got to go watch my grandson while his mommy went to a class. I finally got to try out that new Grako Baby Swing I bought him. He loves it! I bet he slept in it for an hour and a half and then after he woke he stayed in it for about a half an hour just playing w ith his hands. smiling and cooing. He is just such a good baby. So, precious and fun to love on.

Well, that is all that is new here, other than my husband left the house clean this time and didn't do any bodily harm to himself while I was gone (except for shaving off his beard and mustache). Which I have never liked him without facial hair. I am probably one of the few women that think men look better with hair on their face.
I guess he figured he couldn't be ALL GOOD while I was gone. LOL

Guess I will just take myself off to bed and try and catch up on some much needed sleep.

More Tomorrow Girls,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 30 2013 12:14:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  05:31:30 AM  Show Profile

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been missing but,guess what the picture above is??? It's our pasture! Right now it is full of purple flowers and queen anne's lace and soooooo pretty! Most of the trees are ours too.We finally closed after a 7mos and had to deal with a few things we didn't expect...mainly quite a bit of clean up. We have apple trees,a pear tree,grapes and wild rasberries! All things I have soooo badly wanted for such a long time and thought we'd have to plant. We didn't know they were here till just after we closed...found out from a friend who not to far away. We've been busy packing and moving and now working on things here. I can't wait till we get some more of it done and painted. I'm really.officially a farmgirl now!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  08:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! The phones are down at work and so it's quiet in here. That's a good thing, for the most part. But I hate when the phones are down because it makes me feel a bit less secure.

I've been working on graphics while waiting to hear back from Boot Campaign, keeping myself busy, kinda like Bunny and sewing It's good therapy when you're playing the waiting game. I'm not in a desperate situation at this point, but I do appreciate the prayers. I am wanting to get out of the banking industry, and into something I enjoy. 33 is a little late to start a career, I guess, but I never intended on staying in the banking industry. I just never thought there was anywhere else for me to go.

Anyway... I figure I will share a few pieces that I worked on.

This one was taken at the 2009 Lonestar Roundup in Austin. The bus is from the 1940s or early 50s, and it's called the BeeZerk School Bus. It's a hotrod short bus!

At the same Roundup, a 1955 Chevy convertible.

From the 2009 Rockabilly Revival fest in Austin at Nutty Brown Cafe, Wayne the Train Hancock and Danny B Harvey.

Bunny, I'll keep praying that things come through for you. The waiting is the hardest part. I am just continuing to pray that God has a better plan. I really feel like He's been hearing me pray about this other job!

I'm glad you had some unexpected help arrive, though!! Be careful what y'all do with it in the mean time. Momma put hers in mutual funds and lost a lot. Even if it's not a high yield savings, putting it in something that doesn't lose on the principle is better than possibly earning a lot or losing more. (Gah... I REALLY have to get out of banking....)

Well, ladies, I'm going to paruse the internet for a while. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  08:31:17 AM  Show Profile
CJ good for you on your new home. It looks beautiful.

Peggy, glad you had such a good time with grandchildren. Grandparents can be so important in their lives.
I am thankful to the powers that be. I just don't see it in human form or terms anymore.

Cherime, good going on the new truck. Tires are expensive though. I would have told them to put new ones on or else no sale....after all you are in Alaska!
Hope everything with GDD works out.

I checked the college website and they post the progress on the two jobs I applied for. They both still say processing applications. I may hear from the yet. I'm not holding my breath though.

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  08:46:50 AM  Show Profile
Bunny,thank you! There is work to be done and a bit more than we expected but,we'll get there. I hope you hear something soon.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  11:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Bunny,
Good luck with the jobs. I hope one comes thru for you soon.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  12:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I am taking a wee break from working on my classroom. It is a sight right now. You would think looking at it I had not done a thing but I have been a busy Madame Butterfly. It looks like I will be having 21 children. 14 third graders and 7 fourth graders and I teach a class of 5th and 6th grade reading and writing while my class is in science or computer. I will have to take a picture when things are done in my room.

I have been working extra hard this week as I am going to hear Beth Moore speak this weekend with my bible study gal pals and we are excited and next week is our county fair which is very busy. Then I have a week left to finish getting ready for little butterflies. It feels like summer flew this year.

I just wanted to check in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  3:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'd love to hear Beth Moore live. Wow!

Bunny, Good news! And you know there will be more coming. The right job is tracking you down. Hear the sniffing sound?

Cherime, Congrats on the truck. Hope GDD is doing well.

CJ congrats!!! so exciting.

Miranda, you have an amazing attitude about interviews! You want to share some of that with me???? ;)

Had the inspection on my Asuna house today. It went well. And I believe it will very shortly be my home. Now I'm trying to round everything up and get everything done so that when we can move in, we can move in! I'll be sure to post pictures so you can see my Asuna house. :) Next step is finding work. But I'm feeling so at peace about it. I figure if God is going to so miraculously work out the homeschooling issue than He'll work out the employment issue too. And of course anything else that comes along. Slowly things are coming together. In His time, in His way. God is good all the time. AMEN. At our last mediation we got the parenting plan completed and now our next mediation is for early September. That would be about all the financial stuff. So if you are the praying type please pray. I know Who's Hands I'm in but it doesn't hurt to have folks talking in His ear on my behalf. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page