Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  3:43:54 PM  Show Profile
PS I'm excited. There's going to be a Susie Luchsinger concert in September. I am SO going.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  12:18:47 AM  Show Profile

Hi My Porchies...sorry this picture came out side-ways. I hate when it does that!
Anyway, these are my first attempt at making my dog home-made dog treats. These were
very easy to make and he loves them. I made Scotty Dogs, Squirrels, and Bones. I gave
the neighbor dog a bag of them today and I set aside a bag for Snickers brother Brindle.
These were a peanut butter treat.

Other than that I didn't do much today. Feel sorta lazy after my weekend trip. But that is
ok...it takes a lot out of me...even in good weather to travel anymore. I fell asleep
watching a tv program tonight and I never do that.

Snickers is doing good using his leg. He puts it down when I tell him to...which shocked me
the first time he did it on command. This dog does nothing on command normally. LOL It will
take awhile for him to get that strength back. It helps if he sees a cat or a squirrel because
he literally forgets all about the sore foot/hip if he is dashing after one of those critters.
Too Funny!!!

CJ6...pretty little piece of property you've got there. I am so happy for you. It is lovely when
we see our dreams come true isn't it? It sounds like you are going to have a very good crop of
fruit to can or freeze. That is great!!! Good luck getting your place set up the way you want it.

Missus Miranda...liked your pictures! I am keeping you in my prayers for a job...that you will enjoy
and that will get you out of the Banking Business.

Teacher Tammy...it really seems like you just started Summer Vacation and now you have to go back
in a couple of weeks. Life just seems to fly by...doesn't it? ~ I am so happy you get to go see and
hear Beth Moore. I saw her about 7 years ago. She is just a hoot in person...as well as a very good
teacher of The Word. You will enjoy her...I am positive!

Kimberly...I can't wait to see pictures of your Asuna Home. I am so happy for you. ~ We will also add
you to the on going list of sisters looking for work. ~ I know that God has a plan and a purpose for
each of you sweet sisters. ~ I know I should know who Susie Luchsinger is but I can't place her in
my mind. Is she a relatively new singer or has she been around for awhile? You sound excited to hear
her so I'm hoping you enjoy the Concert.

Well dear ladies I pray that everyone is having a beautiful week and enjoying lots of Summer Time
Fun and Blessings!

Off to read!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  06:28:19 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Susie is Reba McEntire's Christian sister. She sings gospel. I think this concert is at a cowboy church. It's free. I've listened to her for YEARS and I have a Pandora station of her. She's incredible.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  1:06:47 PM  Show Profile
That's where I know her from...now the gray-matter is churning in my brain.

Because I listened to so much Christian Music...always playing in the Stores that I managed...
I knew I should know who that was. Thanks for the brain stir Kimberly.
WOW...A FREE CONCERT...that is unheard of here. But what a price huh???? Free is good any
day of the week. So, I take it that it is on a first come...seating basis too huh? You best get
there early girl. LIKE AUGUST! LOL...just joshing you.

Hugs and Laughs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  1:20:34 PM  Show Profile
CJ, good for you!
Peggy. Nice dog treats. I tried that a couple of times. Did you put peanut butter in it?
Kim praying.

GDD is going to need to spend 3 days in the hospital for a 48 hour test. Sure hope this give some clue as to what is going on.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy....glad to hear Snickers is doing well and your Grands are adorable....loved the doggie treats. Sorry your sons have tension between them.

Cherime....congrats on the new truck ....hope the docs figure out what is causing your GDD's seizures.

Kim....good luck with the house...glad your parental mediation is resolved.

Miranda....great pic.

Prayers to all....for jobs sought....health reinstated and general happiness! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Finally an evening I can hang out and enjoy being with everybody and catch up.

Bunny - I am sooooo excited for you with your sales. Keep up the work girl!

PeggyAnn- So glad to hear Snickers is doing better. Are you going to share the recipe for those cookies?

Kimbery - I bet your so excited about moving into your Asuna house and making it yours. How exciting! Having you started planning how you're going to do the rooms yet?

I've been considering changing my login name on here from Rosefairiemom to something else. I'd come up with DetroitFarmGirl but now I'm not in Detroit that won't work lol. I came up with PrairieGypsy today. What do think? Would it fit me?

Well I'm already rethinking staying at Walmart and I haven't even started my other job. I got a look at my schedule yesterday for next week and they have me working 8 hour shifts both Saturday & Sunday after we'd agree I'd only work 4 hours on Sundays and up to 8 on Saturdays (sigh). They've also been giving me all the nasty work and lousy hours which apparently is my punishment for daring to take a better position. They say they're so happy I'm staying but everything they're doing is going to guarantee that I give notice to quit. No wonder they can't keep employees.

M*'s sister and niece left this morning to return to Michigan. We had a really nice time visiting with them. M* took 3 days vacation and was able to show them around. I had Monday off so we went out to the island at the Reservoir. We took a picnic lunch with us and had a blast walking along the shoreline with the dogs. We took a path we hadn't take before and found wild blueberries and echinacia!!! What a find!! Now I know where I'll be harvesting next year lol There were blueberries on the bushes but they were starting to dry up and wouldn't have been any good. Lacey came home with tons of huge sand burrs in her coat. What a mess. We had a lot of fun though. Cooked up a storm while they were here. Made ribs, corn beef, and had a Mexican feast. Saturday night when they arrived we took them to one of our local favorites called The Fort for buffalo burgers. We were fortunate to have a window seat and a herd of deer came out from a ravine on the other side of the road and walked into the parking lot. All we could say was "Welcome to North Dakota" LOL.

Well I'm off to work print out a new sock pattern to start a new pair of socks. It's starting to cool off and I'll be needing more wool socks before winter hits :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  12:30:04 AM  Show Profile

Good Evening My Porchies...

Well, here are three of my favorite pictures that I have taken this week...just thought I would
share them with you all.

Cheri...yes, I put peanut butter in these dog treats. So, far all three dogs have loved them!!

Hi Mel...yeah, the family dynamics can get kind of crazy sometimes but for the most part my adult
kids like each other better as adults than they did as kids. So, I am pretty happy about that.

RFM Tammy...I will be happy to share the dog treat recipe and will tack it on to the end of this
post. ~ Sounds like Wall-Mart is giving you some crazy long hours and nobody likes working all wknd
long. That is not fun. ~ Glad you had a good visit with family! Your picnic sounded like fun. ~
I must admit that I like Prairie Gypsy...a lot! You should go for it.

The weather changed today and so did my feeling good. I was rather tired and stiff and sore all day.
It got worse as the day turned to evening. I will probably have one more bad day and then the sun
and pleasant weather is suppose to be back. Yeah! I had to house sit for my son today...as he was having
air-duct work done under his house...and the guys had to come inside once in awhile. I was only there a
couple of hours...just enough time to get my daily devotional done.

OK...here goes the Doggie Treat Recipe:

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose white flour
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup milk

Combine milk and peanut butter in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Gradually add the flours.
Knead dough by hand and roll out on floured surface to desired
thickness.
Cut out treats with cookie cutters.
Place aluminum foil on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at
400 degrees.
Cool completely before serving to your lucky dog! LOL

NOTE: If dough seems too dry or crumbly, add a little more milk.
NOTE: I sometimes brush the tops with beef or chicken broth before
baking.
NOTE: Remember these should not be soft but hard. I found 15 minutes
was perfect. Store in an air tight container.

Nightie Night Sweet Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 02 2013 12:37:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  08:14:34 AM  Show Profile
Working on my part of the tea swap in between all else.
I do love my GDD but she has no concept of when the gasoline is gone the truck don't run. 14 miles to town and back twice a day eats fuel. Ah well. That girl need a job. But first comes the seizure problem. Got to get that worked out.
The coffee maker died the other day. I still can use it I just heat the water and pour it through the basket containing the coffee. She does not get that I can still use the dratted thing until we can replace it. I have to wait until money comes in before replacing it. She is lucky I haven't decided to go to cowboy coffee. That would shock her I am sure.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  2:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful pictures Peggy and Cherime.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  3:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, too bad my two big dogs are gone. I would love to make those cookies too. You are a good doggie mommy. Love the pictures!!

Cherime, I sure hope you can get GDD sorted out.

Tammy, I think changing your name to PrairieGypsy would be great. Cool name!
Don't quite the Walmart job until you know the other one is going to work out. They probably give you the lousy hours and jobs because you do a good job and are reliable.

Got sewing to do... later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2013 :  08:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all. I'm hoping they can find out what triggers the seizures for GDD. The medication was at Walgreens, because she is on state medical aid right now it only costs $2. Good thing the regular price is $400. There is no way we could afford that.
On a better note. Finished the latest book. Title is Death Wish. Two young men friends from grade school start a business here in AK selling used ATV, snowmachine and motorcycle parts. They must make frequent trips up and down to Bellingham to pick up inventory. One of them, Paul is the kind of guy who collects strays, animal and human. The other guy he collects, Colin is the son of a widow who is an alcoholic. Paul is Colin's only friend. Paul also collects a wife in Washington, Maria, brings her home. Colin his friend and partner is smitten. Two years go by. Paul is driving one of their vehicles and goes off the road. He dies, Colin is to take care of Maria. Colin is desperate no one loves him. Maria is desperate because Paul was her anchor, she dives into alcohol the story starts there. They have to make the trip to Bellingham to pick up the parts that are costing them storage charges daily. In a couple of thousand miles something is bound to change. I had fun with this one.
Presently editing and hope to have on Smashwords soon. First I need to talk my nephew into a photo shoot. I only want that 24 yoa six pack chest. Should work.
Blessings all.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2013 :  12:10:54 AM  Show Profile

OK My Porchies...today has been a Total Pig-Out Day for me. Every thing that even
resembled chocolate went over my lips and straight to my hips. There are just some
days that I can find no will power...and even if I did...I would hide it.

I haven't felt too well all weekend and I have had a Fibro headache along with the
muscle pain. It was 90 something here today...just gorgeous out but other than water
my little garden and take the dog for his doggie-duties...I stayed inside curled up
in my recliner and nodded off and on all day.

I did talk to my mom for about an hour and half late this afternoon and she shocked
me out of my mind...as she has decided to take the Canadian Radiation Treatment.
She said if she is going to be sick...she'd rather be good and sick for 3 weeks instead
of 7 weeks. OK, Mom! This is the woman that had told me she was thinking about NOT doing
radiation at all...and now she is going to take the most intense doses of it that they
can give. I was so stunned she said, "Well,you haven't said what you think?" I wanted to
yell..."Are you CRAZY LADY!" But I just told her it wasn't my decision and if she felt
good about her decision then great! WOW...she really throws curve balls at me sometimes and
I just don't even try to figure her out.

Not much going on besides that...been a very quiet weekend for us. Snickers is really doing good
with his walking on all fours again...but I am not allowing him to go far yet.

More later my lovelies...
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  3:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Ooooohhhhhhhh - does that chocolate ever look yummy!

Just got home from a week's vacation - now I need a vacation to rest up from the vacation! We went to CT, MA, NH and VT spending a couple of days in each place. We really enjoyed Mystic Seaport and the Aquarium in CT along with a tour of the Nautilus submarine. That was a little scary though. I can't imagine living underwater in one of those things!

Then went on to the Wayside Inn in MA where Sam's dad built the waterwheel and had a nice visit with the miller there. Also went to the Anheuser-Busch factory in NH and got to see where they raise and train the Clydesdales for Budweiser. The horses and stables are beautiful!

Ended our week with 3 days in Vermont with my Mom. She goes for her appointment with the oncologist on Thursday, so would appreciate any extra prayers you would be willing to send up for her. She has been diagnosed with a very rare form of skin cancer, and now we need to find out if it has spread to her lymph nodes.

Just got home from the yearly eye exam where they put that stuff in your eyes and you can't half see for a while - so hope there aren't too many spelling mistakes here!

Have a good night all!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2013 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile
evening ladies,
It has been a busy week and it is only Tuesday. This week is our county fair which we are very busy with. The boys show 3 of the 4 days. I have to work our school stand and walk with our float and help my hubby with his lemonade stand that he does for his school. I look forward to the days when I can enjoy the fair instead of being tired because it is so much work. I have been very busy in my classroom getting ready for my butterflies. I plan on taking a picture so yall can see my sweet butterfly cocoon for them. It is not quite picture ready but by next week it will have to be. Have teacher meetings, staff training, registration nights, and then school begins on Aug. 20th.

My bible study pals and I saw Beth Moore this past weekend and it was wonderful. I also bought the cutest purple bag for school. I will put a picture of it when I show off my classroom. Beth Moore reflects God and I came away thinking I want what she has. We are finishing up our current study and then beginning her study A women's heart.

I only have 20 rows left in my scarf to crochet. I was disappointed that I didn't get it done for the fair. But time just got away from me. I want to learn how to do a granny square but I just don't get it when I read the instructions. But I am not giving up.
well ladies I am off to read a bit and finish my tea.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  08:24:13 AM  Show Profile
*fanning self* Well ladies, just popping in real quick.... been a busy week or so. I had a VERY rude awakening the other day when my mortgage skyrocketed by 300 bucks!! Apparently, my home owners insurance went way up, and taxes as well. The taxes didn't shock me, but the insurance!!! It was HORRENDOUS!!!! I just switched and my family and I have been with the same company for YEARS!!!

I'm still waiting for emails/call backs from companies, but I'm being as patient as possible.

It's so very stressful, but I am taking a moment to step back, breathe, see what else I can get accomplished, and I am going back to my bible studies and meditation. I have to get a pair of baby mocs finished in a week and a half, which will be no problem if I focus. My best girlfriend is having a little boy, and I'm so excited for her and her husband!

Well, ladies, I have a lot of stuff to take care of today, so I will check back later, if I can! Take care!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  12:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Miranda,
I can totally identify with your insurance woes. I cut my home value and personal items down by half on my policy and that will make a difference of $180 annually on my homeowners insurance. Here in California, they strongly suggest you buy earthquake insurance, but that is such a racket. The deductible is as high as your home value!!. Geez Louise! So I dropped it. Good luck getting your premiums down to an affordable rate.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  2:12:20 PM  Show Profile
WOW! It's been awhile since I've been on here. I have snuck on and read though just to keep abreast of things. In the back of my mind I kept hearing Peg's voice, I'm sending the posse, I'm sending the posse, hurry up and get back here. hahahaha
Hey Peg, I love your new tagline..."Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly." How cute is that?(said the totally un-talented...not a crafty bone in her body anywhere, farmgirl)*giggle* Did anybody else notice that? Good one! Loved the doggie cookies too. I wanna see a bigger pic of those piggies in their "mud" hot-tub! Love their diving butts and tails! RoflRofl!!How cute and creative! Did you make that or buy it.
Kimberly, I had to go to my Pandora account to look up Suzie. She has a nice strong voice and sounds a little like Reba.
RFMTammy, I like your choice for a new name. It's you!
Hey Luanne, My hubby wants to know if you got free beer samples at Budweiser?
TLTammy, Sounds like you're about ready for those little butterflies. I'm just curious...is a "Butterfly Cocoon" code for an extra large, soundproof, foot-locker with 3 heavy-duty padlocks? Just wonderin'!LOL
Cherime, Man you sure can write a book fast. Your head must be swimming with ideas, non-stop!
Looking forward to getting your tea. Can't wait. *giggle*
We just had a fierce storm blow thru with a tendency toward a tornado. I went out to get milk and the siren went off just as I was leaving the store. I said, "Hang on there Lord, I need to get Mama's milk to her!" hahaha Lucky that we live close to the store and to each other. My phone was buzzing in my pocket with her trying to call me to warn me about the weather. Even her neighbor stepped outside when I got there to warn me. hahaha Gotta love close, caring communities. Bless their "Little Pea-Pickin' Hearts!"
Well, we finally got to go Pontooning at Atwood Lake on Monday since hubby finally got a Monday off and it was 73 and sunny. It was perfect! We've had low 70's now for a month. NOT Complaining AT ALL!!!
I'll try and post pics soon.
Mama has her 3rd chemo tomorrow morning at 11. Prayer please!
Well, that's it for this 'ole girl today!
Have a great evening Porch-buds! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  2:30:25 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies,
I am going to need a bigger cocoon for these butterflies. I got another new student today and was informed I may get two more. That would be 24 in a very small room. I am like Lord could we discuss this. I have plans for them...I need time for each of them. Numbers are good in a small parochial school but I want us to remember we advertise small ratio of student to teacher and I want to go well with these little gifts from God. I am thinking I am going to need double decker desks..lol

tonight I am off to check in things for the county fair and get house ready for company who are staying during the fair. I am going to need a hideout to stay sane.

well I best skedaddle...I didn't want the posse on the hunt...my wings are flying fast from place to place these days
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  3:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy - tell your hubby that you do, indeed, get free samples on the tour. They have a nice reception area at the end of the tour where you can do a tasting. Only one problem - I hate beer! But, it was a nice tour and I really loved seeing the stables and the Clydesdales! I tried to add a picture for you, but for some reason nothing is uploading. Anybody know the secret?

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  5:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters

Tammy I would so LOVE to meet Beth Moore. Her Bible studies have meant the world to me.

Luanne, I'm with you I HATE beer but oh what I would give to see those Clydesdales and maybe be allowed to drive a team!!!!

So I had a horrible day yesterday. Supposed to be closing on my Asuna house and met with the surveyor....... BIG PROBLEM..... property line runs through the house. So now I don't know if I have a home. I'm feeling sad, frustrated, discouraged, exhausted, confused. You're at a point where it seems like everything is ready and going forward and settled and then everything explodes around you. I'm in wait mode but while waiting I'm searching for another place just in case.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile
Kim, horrid news.
Judy, more ideas than time.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  12:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...
OK, it's really good Mornen...but I still haven't gone to bed yet.

Luanne...isn't that how Vacations always are...you spend a week packing everything up to go, clean the house,
tune up the vehicle, finally get on the road...the Vacation turns out OK...or if you are really lucky it meets your expectations. Then you come home, unload the car which messes up the clean house...and you think, "Who cares...I'm to tired to worry about it for about a week! I need a Vacation from our Vacation!!" LOL

Sounds like you can join the Moma with cancer club that Judy, Patsy and I've got going on the Porch. We will add her and you to the prayer list girl!

Teacher Tammy...I knew you would love a Beth Moore Conference. She is so awesome! Does she still start off her speaking by getting down on her knees and praying in front of everyone?

You don't need a bigger butterfly cocoon girl you need a HUGE BUTTERFLY NET!!! And some Super-glue to hold them to the ceiling! LOL

24 students is getting up there...what are they thinking???? Don't you just want to say, "Hey God, I think you think more highly of me...than I do!" LOL
That has always been my line when he is determined to Stretch Me out of my comfort zone.

Missus Miranda and Terri...glad I have all those years of house and insurance payments and taxes behind me. RENTING HAS
SOME BLESSINGS!

Judy, Judy, Judy...man you were hearing the Posse saddeling up...weren't ya???

Glad you like the tag line. I think it's cute! And I think you were the first to mention it.

The Little Piggies diving and floating in the tub of Chocolate is something I found on facebook I believe.
It was just so cute I had to copy it. It made me laugh...because I am sure that's how I must look somedays.
OK...Most Days!!!

Yeah, I am beginning to think that Cheri took writing lessons from James Patterson because they both seem to put out about 6 books a year. LOL

Kimberly...who builds a house with the property line going through it???
Is that insane or what? But hey listen, I feel your frustration, sadness and angst...but we both know that if this doesn't go through God just has something even better in store for you!!! That's just how He is!

Well, all I got accomplished today was 2 loads of Laundry. And then I made 3 loaves of Zucchini Bread.
Gave one loaf to the nice man next door, one loaf to youngest son and family and we kept a loaf. For some dumb reason I thought maybe golden raisens might taste good in it...so I gave it a try and I must admit...I will not do that again. It wasn't horrid but didn't add anything better to the taste either. So, out with that experiment.
I also gave away more bags of Doggie Treats. They are a hit. DIL texted me and said Brindle gave them a Two Paws Up!!! lol

OK...praying for everyone who has needs, hurts and ailments.
More tomorrow.

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 08 2013 12:18:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  07:07:55 AM  Show Profile
:) Mine are shorter than his. ;) That means I can get more out.
Blessings all. Praying and have faith, I will get the tea swap out I promise.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  09:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I am not sure if they make nets big enough for our butterfly wings..hahahhah and yes Beth Moore was on her knees in prayer...it was an awesome conference. I am anxious to start our next study A woman's Heart.

Kim so sorry about your house...who builds the property line in the middle..that is crazy

Bunny are you out there...Peggy has the posse saddled up...don't make them come after you..girl hope you are ok.

Judy how is your mama today?

ok ladies I gotta go time to hit the fair.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page