Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  12:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Cheri...Ha Ha Hee Hee. YOU are quick that's all I know!!! (+:

Teacher Tammy...I loved teaching "A Woman's Heart...God's Dwelling Place"...you are going to
love that study. Right now I am trying to decide whether to do Beth Moore for fall. She has two
newer ones out that I haven't taught yet. Or if I want to do the Study called "Wonderstruck by Margaret Feinburg. She gave a free sample of the first lesson and she has a read through the Bible format that goes along with it. She said that the daily reading was an hours worth of reading. Well, let me tell you she must be a speedreader because I did the first day and it was 27 chapters in Genesis and it took me 3 1/2 hrs to read (because I read to study) but I am a fast reader. I am thinking my Bible Study gals may shoot me. LOL I might need to do that study for my personal study and stick with Beth Moore for Group Study. Beth is indepth enough for any group. I even slow Beth's method down...when I teach
her stuff. We usually do only two of her daily lessons per week...because I don't just facilitate...
I bring lots of extra teaching to the table and it takes a good 2 1/2 hrs a week to get through just
two daily lessons of hers. We meet each Thurs. from 6:30 to 9:00.
OK...more than you wanted to know...but that's me...always the Teacher. LOL

Hope you have fun at the Fair. Don't work too hard.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 08 2013 12:20:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  1:27:37 PM  Show Profile

Hey girls...

Just taking a few minutes to sit on the porch...I've been breaking beans much of the day. Who knew so many would be in a bushel:):):)2 dehydrators going filled with the yummy delicious beans(borrowed 1 dehydrator from my sister)and have sent enough beans with my sister to can 6 quarts. Starting on 1/2 bushel tomatoes here shortly...will be putting them in the freezer...spent much of the evening yesterday evening breaking beans too. I hope everyone is having a great day. Hopefully, I will find a little time later to visit with everyone on the porch again.

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Just finished supper, waiting for it to digest a bit and then I'll take the furkids for a wonder. I made homemade beef-a-roni and served it with a slice of buttered bread - simplicity. Training this week has been mentally exhausting. So much to process! The training has been thrown off the normal sequence because the program they normally teach first is being replaced on Monday by a new program so they didn't even bother teaching it to us. The training is intensive though and they lost 2 people so far out of the class before us, which is an easier specialty. I'm assigned to lab re-determinations and labs are up at the top of the difficult specialties - surgery is the most difficult. They do have some nice perks - monthly potlucks, flexible hours after training is completed, and they alternate chair massages and reflexology treatments every week.

Kimberly - I feel awful for you and the kids! To get so close to obtaining your own place and to have this blow up on you is horrible. Keep us updated.

Tammy - One of the woman I just started working with is leaving the company for her first teaching job. She has a total - are you ready for this - 5 kids in her 2nd grade class!!!! We've been joking with her that she might not be able to handle that many kids lol.

Judy - PeggyAnn does keep us in line with those mental reminders that she'll send the posse out doesn't she lol

M*'s niece loves animals and took a ton of pics while she was here and finally posted them to FB for me. Here's a couple of the furkids enjoying our outing to the island. As you can tell they were having a horrible time LOL

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  8:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to all of you for understanding my "grief". Today I went looking at houses again. Found one that is my favorite and one that would be very doable. Believe it or not my "favorite" is cheaper!!!!!! Daddy's going to call the guy tonight and see if we can make anything happen. God's in control. I keep reminding myself of that so that I don't get discouraged. I'm actually doing alright, I'm surprised by it myself but maybe I'm finally learning to trust and obey! :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  04:34:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, Mom went for her oncology appointment yesterday and doesn't know any more than she did before they went. All they did was talk to her, explain the stages of cancer and schedule her for a PET scan and biopsy in a couple of weeks. We thought they were going to do all the testing yesterday. So now the poor woman has to sit and worry for another two weeks before anything happens. I know doctors and hospitals are busy, but sometimes I wonder if they even really think about the patient. That's a lot of stress for someone who is 84 years old.

OK - enough venting - off to work now - hope everyone has a good day!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  07:01:59 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, I'm so sorry your mom is going through this. I wish doctors would remember these are people not cases.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  07:19:21 AM  Show Profile
It has been an extremely long time since I have visited her on the "porch". I haven't been able to read all the back posts so figured I would just jump in here.

Kim~ You are right to not be worried or whatever about the house. God only gives his best for us and sometimes he is waiting for things to open up in the right place right timing. Hope you find what you love!

Luanne~ praying for your Mom. My dad is 87 and he had to do treatments for skin cancer and it was tough on him the waiting but once they got started it was everyday for 30 treatments except holidays and weekends. So it managed to drag out for longer than he originally thought It is done now and all is well. Praying things go smoothly and that the doctors will have wisdom to give her the treatment best for her.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  11:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly, how on earth could that happen(the property line). That is so weird. I know you'll find your "Home Sweet Home" in time.
Luanne, hubby said that he was going on the beer tour with you so he could have your share of samples. hahaha I feel for you and your Mom. Mine just had her 3rd chemo and it went well. Today she had her Neulasta shot. Last night she said she had an upset stomach all night and blamed it on a blueberry pancake I gave her, but I think it was the chemo. The doctor said that she might have those kinds of symptoms around the 3rd or 4th. She has a Pt scan next Thursday to see how she's doing. The lump in her groin is completely gone doc said. She said she couldn't feel it any more either. Praise God! She still has swollen ankles and a rash there also. He doesn't know what's causing that though. Never seen a reaction like that I guess.
It sounds so strange to hear so many of you all talking about parents and cancer. May God give us all the strength and patience we need at this time. Mama is such a go-getter and never complains, has always made us think she would be able to do anything, any time. So it's hard for me to grasp that she's weak and vulnerable right now. I still feel like she should be able to go-go-go. May God walk with me and keep His arm around my shoulder and His hand over my mouth! *giggle...sigh*
Peg, yup...I heard the leather of the saddles creaking and the horses snorting. hahaha
Hey I have another idea for teacher-Tammy. She could do her whole ceiling in fly-paper and when those ornery little butterflies start that bouncing off the walls ~~slurp~~ they'd stick to the ceiling, and stay there until she got them down. hahaha
Judy, I love sitting with a bunch of women snapping beans. It's just so therapeutic, don't ya think?
(she's saying...OMGosh, is she fer real?) lol
RFMTammy, a mental reminder???...I see Peg's Posse more as a threat. hahaha I can hear their whip cracking like Indiana Jones! hahaha
Yes, I could see it in their eyes...those pups of yours were just having a miserable time at the lake. *giggle*
Well gals, have a great Rest-of-the-Day!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2013 :  4:13:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm here. Just tried to post and it all disappeared. Hissy fit coming on.

Later...nap time.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  12:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Lovelies...

Wildflower Judy..good to have you on the Porch again. I love snapping beans. It is just so relaxing...especially if you take the job out of the Kitchen and onto the Porch and sit in the Rocking Chair. Then it just doesn't feel like work!

RFM Tammy...oh, those dogs are just cooling off in the "dog days of summer" aren't they? They look mighty happy where they're at...that is for sure! Beautiful Dogs By The Way.

Kimberly...see God closes one door/or window and opens another. I liked those two words you used
FAVORITE/Cheaper! That's God for you.

I know I shared with you guys awhile back that one of my friends gave me $400.00 to put towards Snickers surgery and how much that blessed our hearts and Vet Bill. Well, I prayed that God would pay her back by blessing her where I couldn't. Well, last night she was sharing that she made the most $ she has ever made on her on-line business last month...and she made 1,400 dollars.
I said, "Thank You God...you did it...you answered my prayer for her!" Is God cool or what???

Luanne...my mom is in the same holding pattern as your mom. Isn't it frustrating? Now she has this heart arrhythmia that has to be attended to before the Cancer Treatment can start. ~ I think Dr.s doen't give older people the same quality of care as they do younger patients and they also can be very condescending to them. I saw my Mother-In-Love go through that with her Dr.s so many times...it just infuriated me.
My mom seems to have a really great team of Drs....and I am glad for her sake that she does. My Mom is 80 but she looks like she is 68.

Hi Denise...glad that you just hopped right on...sometimes it is just to overwhelming to try to catch back up.
Doesn't sound like your dad had much fun with his skin cancer either. How is he doing now?

Judy...I absolutely loved your idea for the Butterflies...can't wait to hear what Teacher Tammy thinks. ROFLOL That was even better than the Butterfly Net idea. Less work for Tammy!!! Nice Sticky situation for bad little butterflies though! Ha Ha!
I know what you mean about the cancer thing...instead of finding a cure for cancer...it seems like more and more people are coming down with it.

My day today was nice and lazy...just how I enjoy my retirement.

I started a new book...(I know you're
all shocked by that news. lol) the book is called THE TIME BETWEEN ...but the thing is it's like 630 pages long. Whew!!! I always download the free samples of a book I'm interested in on my Kindle Fire...and you better believe I have to really like it to commit to reading a book that big. But I bought it and am really liking it. It is a Historical Fiction that starts out in Madrid Spain.
So...if any of you are needing a good read...we could race??? LOL

Night Sweet Things,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 10 2013 12:26:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  06:37:23 AM  Show Profile
I know this will sound silly to some but every time someone mentions cancer, I rebuke it in Jesus' name and ask that it be removed from the face of the earth. You never know enough prayer thrown it it might do the deed.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  08:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Cherime
just what we are supposed to do! I've told many people to lay their hands on the person and rebuke it in the name of Jesus! Of course, only if they allow you to. God is always good and will always answer, but in His time.
Judy
PTL the tumor is gone. That's what the chemo is supposed to do so you know it is working. Make sure mama has meds for nausea if she needs them. I'm sure the doc gave her some. They usually give prednisone before the chemo and sometimes that makes the stomach feel bad. Also, make sure she drinks enough. Especially after the chemo so she can flush that poison out and keep her electrolytes in!
Peg
You sure are a reader, aren't you? Let us know how long it takes to read that book! Glad your furbaby is doing well. Poor Mom! Don't get me started on Doc's and how they treat older people! Not only old people! I could tell you a story about my 80 yo cousin with recurrent breast cancer. Her surgeon had an attitude adjustment and change of procedures when I showed up! Always good to have an advocate if possible! If you can't always get a second opinion and not from a Buddy of the Doc's. Golfing Buddies don't always mean the best Doc's if you get the picture!
RFM Tammy
Cute and Cool doggies!
Luanne
Poor you and Mom. Hard to be so far away at a time like this. I know the wait is long for the appointment but mine was also. It will fairs, festivals will you be at? Maybe I'll come see you!
Bunny
Your clothes are amazing and I'm so glad you sold some. Have you had any other sales? How's the job search?
TLTammmy
I really like the fly paper idea. Judy is just full of good ideas, isn't she? LOL! I think I'll use that advice on a few people I know!
Everyone
I'm losing track of everything so as I sign off I will just say a few more things!LOL!
Isn't it funny how we talk more about our furbabies more than our husbands. Is because we have nicer things to say-Oops! Did I say that?
Do any of you ladies know about or attend AGLOW meetings?
Prayers and Sisterly Love always!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  09:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Cherime, prayer is the most powerful thing. I think praying for healing or the removal of disease is an awesome thing to do. I hope the same for all those suffering because of cancer. It seems to touch everyone.

Still sitting around waiting for news on where I'm going to live. I KNOW God will provide so believe it or not I'm not stressing, just waiting. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  11:15:33 AM  Show Profile

Cherime, Darlene, Kimberly and Peggy

So glad to see you girls on the porch. And so thankful that there are other like minded Christian ladies on the site. I am a believer in healing. I know that God uses doctors and medicine but I also believe that we are to pray scripturally(according to the Bible)and believe He will do what we ask of Him. The Bible says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God(Romans 10:17) Sometimes I think we get so busy with everyday life that we do not spend enough time in the Word of the Lord or listen closely enough to what is being taught to us by our ministers and teachers.

Well today I am preparing more tomatoes to go into the freezer. I love them in home made vegetable beef soup and chili during the winter months. I got a little chuckle about how I call it "breaking beans" and others call it "snapping beans"...you all know I am from Kentucky:):):)and my mom...dad and granny always called it breaking beans. I miss the old days when we would all gather on the porch to break beans and "shuck corn"...how they would tell us stories of long ago and my dad would share about when he was in the army(WWII)Seems as if life back then really was of a gentler time and place. The weather here is stormy and literally has kept us off the front porch today. I hope everyone is having a great day and prayerfully we will see you all on the porch a bit later. Have to go to the grocery store in a bit. Does anyone else not like going...especially when I am busy trying to take care of other things...

Hugs!

Judy

"Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2013 :  11:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone! Dad is doing very well since his radiation treatments.

I din't mention this earlier but I have mentioned it in other topics, my sister who is 64 is battling cancer and she seems to be losing. She has a very rare form. She had it in 1993,it was a cyst so was contained and they did surgery radiation. She was cancer free for about 18 yrs, She had a car accident that was a blessing in disguise as they found two spots,one in each lung. She had one operated on and they told her the second was not cancer. She was sent to another doctor and he did some kind of test were they look at it with something and she said he didn't finish the test he sent her home and told her to go see her own doctor. Suffice to say nothing was done at first by her because after that test she let it go. In the meantime our mom got sick and she passed last summer. Then by the time my sister decided to get something done it was not only in the lung but the liver as well. She has done chemo which really wipes her out and makes her sick. She has had a blood transfusion to get the red cell count up but when she went last month to do the chemo her count was down again and they didn't do it. They drove up to visit around the middle of July and we were surprised she could even make the trip. I don't know if she will have anymore chemo or not. We talked of her and her dh and son coming to visit and have Thanksgiving with us but I am not even sure that will happen. Anyway, didn't not intend to bring a sob story but that has been my life since last August when Mom passed. Dad moved in with us in June after his skin cancer treatments were over. He is doing well being here. He likes to have family around him and he loves being outdoors. We got another flock of chicks just so it would give him something to do. I never mind having more animals. ;)

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  12:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...

Oh Cherime...You sound like me...but I tell Satan to go to Hell and stay there! It would be lovely if all his ilk and evil were out of this World...but if it were The Miraculous and the Wonderfulness of God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit wouldn't be so awe-inspiring to us. One day we will know a life of NO sorrow, worry or pain...put for now, this is our training ground and He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. And we have all read the End of the Book...GOD WINS AND WE WIN! Praise His Holy Name!

Darlene...your relatives must love having you to fight the fight for them...with Dr.s. I appreciate the advice you give us Farmsisters here on The Porch. Helps us be able to better advocate for our loved ones too.

Kimberly...yup, "waiting and trusting"...you are right where Papa God wants you!

Judy...I agree it gave me a chuckle too to hear you say breaking peas when I am used to using snapping peas. That is what I love about the different phraseology across our country. It really is special and often quite humorous. I remember being raised in Montana the first 10 yrs of my life and we always said "Neked for Naked and Worsh for Wash" and when we left Montana... kids laughed at me...so it didn't take long before I changed how I spoke. My husband says I still have a Montana Accent. Whatever that means. He must mean I still say some words funny. LOL

Denise...I am so sorry that you have gone through a lot with your family and health issues too. It's hard and gets harder the older we get. Don't worry about bringing sob stories...because we all need to vent and share our hearts and The Porch is a SAFE PLACE to do that.
How special that you took your dad in. That is so great. Not enough people do that anymore...so applaud your tenacity and love.

Well, today my youngest son and little family asked me to come hang with them for the day. Which I always love to do. They took me out to breakfast, then we checked out a Wedding Venue which was this cool old Barn about 20 minutes from Vancouver. For those of you new gals my youngest son and fiance but the cart before the horse and had a baby before the wedding. You can raise them up in the Lord but they make their own choices as adults. They have been together for 5 years.
So, now we are back to Wedding Planning.
After that we went to one of our Favorite Antique Stores and got a Latte and walked around looking for treasures. I think it was the first time non of us bought anything at all. I found a necklace I loved but it was more $ than I had.
Then they dropped me off back home because it started raining and my body was going into muscle spasms.
They went on to a few more stores. I fixed some Spanish rice for dinner then laid down and took a nap.
I get the baby tomorrow while mommy and daddy go out boating with friends. I am Happy to watch my little man. He is just starting to laugh and it just melts me.

OK...off to read my looooonnnnnggg novel. Nightie-Night,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2013 12:27:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2013 :  10:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Received a compliment today! You know when your confidence is smashed by life's circumstances little compliments can mean the world. I was visiting with an older gentleman today. Mentioned that I had gotten married at an older age. He knew how long my marriage had lasted due to our conversation (no worries he was a complete gentleman and older than my daddy). He asked how old I was when I had gotten married. I told him 30. He got this very genuine shocked looked on his face and said but I thought that's how old you were now!!! I know I look younger than I am, always have, but to have people think I'm a decade younger than I am, it's a good feeling. And actually when I was getting ready to celebrate my 40th I was talking with a new friend and told her I was having a milestone birthday. She asked if I was turning 30. I laughed and told her 40 but she was my new best friend!!! :) Anyways I've been having a rough couple of weeks and just wanted to share something that was more uplifting than my usual posts the last while. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  5:47:26 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,
I am back after four days at the county fair...I am faired out. My sons on the other hand wish it could go on...maybe because school starts for them and my dear hubby on Thursday. Can't believe they are going to be juniors already.

Judy I sure hope you have lot of that fly paper for my butterflies. I think it would need to be invisible so they would be surprised when they got their wings stuck...hahahaha I just laughed and laughed till my sides hurt. YOu are too funny.

Peggy I have read some of Margaret Fineburgs stuff...very good I have been wondering about her Wonderstruck study but I too thought she must speed read as It took me several days to read her plan for day one. I love hearing about your bible study gals. I will be missing our study tomorrow as I have registration night at school but told them I would pop in for prayer time and then next week we will begin our new Beth Moore study I can't wait.

Bunny sorry you lost your post.

Kim will keep praying for your about the house. I am here to tell you God will work it out. I prayed for two years to get into our acreage we live in now. This week we celebrated one year of living in it and we never forget that God's hand blessed this house. So hang in there girl.

Well I am off to read a bit and do some more laundry. We racked up a lot of clothes over the fair and I didn't keep caught up. I hope to post a picture later this week of my classroom.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  6:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Judy, agreed.
Kim, that always makes you feel good. I had something similar happen to me at 3:30 am on the way to the gym. Stopped to pick up some coffee, got to talking with the young man in the mini mart place. Age got brought he was shocked at mine. :)
Praying for all. Hugs.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2013 :  7:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Just got back from a 45 minutes walk with the dogs. Hoping to get up to an hour by next week :O) Boy am I feeling it though lol.

Kimberly and Cherime - congrats on your compliments.

PeggyAnn - don't feel bad about your accent and pronunciations. I have the same problem and M* is always harassing me about it. Worsh for wash is how my entire family pronounces it. I grew up in Northern Indiana so how I came to have a slight southern accent nobody can figure out because nobody else in the family has it. The southern accent gets stronger too the more emotional I am lol. When I went to bootcamp a girl from GA thought I was from GA!!! LOL Having lived in IN, VA, ME, MI, and now ND I'm sure I have quite an unusual accent and way of pronouncing things.

For all my Amish loving book buddies - I just finished a book called Almost Amish by Kathryn Cushman that was really good. I broke my rule and actually paid for it (gasp). I was looking at another book called Almost Amish when I discovered this one on Amazon. It's about a woman that realizes she hates her life and on top of it gets talked into being on a reality show called Almost Amish by her Martha Stewart wannabee sister-in-law. I'm not sure if I can share it or not but I'm willing to try if anybody would like to read it that has a Kindle.

Well I'm off to unload the dishwasher, take an Advil and curl up with a cup of tea and a book before bed! Night everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  12:36:57 AM  Show Profile
Evening Girls...

Oh, I was soooo sad...I didn't get to watch my boy because I was still in too much pain on Sunday. I had a total pajama day. Elijah still sleeps a lot so I could have just held him in my recliner and just slept off and on...but when I am in that much pain I have a problem with muscle releases. What I mean by that is I can be holding something say a tooth brush and the next thing I know it is laying in the sink and I didn't know I had even dropped it.
Soooooooo, I am not about to risk that with my grandson. But my kids were smart and when they knew the weather was going to be bad that had asked the other grandma to be a back up just in case.

Today I was slightly better...at least I got dressed and got out for an hour or so.

Bunny...you aren't still in that Hissy Fit are you???? LOL

Kimberly...cherish all those compliments because some day you will want to recall them...often!
Do you know once I let my hair go gray and quit coloring it people started treating me like an old lady. Even women hold the doors for me now.
Geesh!

Teacher Tammy...I bet you are pooped out from your Fair.
Get a good couple days REST before you have to go reign over those new little flutterbys.

Did you hear that Magaret Fineberg has breast cancer?
She just found out.
She is either in her late 20's or early 30's because she was saying that most women who get breast cancer are
40 and over and so Dr.s don't have as much experience treating the cancer for younger women.
So, keep her in your prayers. She is married but only has a furbaby...no children.

Well, Beth Moore just messed with success and changed her teaching method and her last study and the new one releasing on the 16th I believe are NOT geared for small groups. You buy her 6 video series...($70.00) and you have to have these video's it's not an option. Then you buy a $10.00 Listening Guide...which is just those pages that are "Fill in the Blanks" and there is no longer homework books. That is a lot of $ for just a 6 week study. I would have to go through 4 such studies fall/winter/spring with my gals. Like I said before I am a Teacher not just a facilitator...so this whole new concept isn't going to work for me...because I believe in Homework and full participation from all my gals. So, I am bummed and now on the search for a New Author. I am kind of thinking of doing some of Max Lucado's stuff. I really love his books but have never done any of his studies...but I am sure they would be good.

Cherime...keep 'em guessing girl! Just going to the gym helps keep you younger. But what in the world were you doing up at a Mini-Mart 3:30 AM? Someone forget to tell you that you are suppose to be asleep at that time of the morning?

RFM Tammy...I bet you do have an unusual accent with all the places that you have lived girl. Wow!!!

I love Amish Stories...so, once I get through this encyclopedia that I am reading let's see if it is a book we can loan-out Kindle to Kindle.

Tonight I got down on my hands and knees with spray-0n carpet cleaner, a scrub-brush and a cloth rag and pre-treated all the stains on my carpet and then my DIL is coming over on Wed to clean my carpets for me. I have my on DH's Grand-daughters coming for 8 days and she may have to sleep on the floor if she doesn't like the sofa.
I know that I am going to be in pain tomorrow because when I got up from the floor my legs and arms were trembling and the muscles were just dancing a jig on their own. I will have to take pain pills tonight and pray for the best.

OK...off to bed...I'm tired. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day (health wise).
Bunny is your Fibro kicking up?

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  07:38:47 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so sorry your fibro kept you from a gran baby visit. And I'm over the hissy fit...for now. My iPad does not like maryjane for some reason. I hope you feel better soon. Your fibro is much worse than mine. I just have lots of all over body pain and I get tired fast. But I have more good days then bad.

Prairie gypsy Tammy, glad you got to go for a walk. Your weather must be better finally.

Kimberly and Cherime, so nice when people think you are younger than you are. I get the same thing but then I'm always amazed I think I look my age. Keep it up.

I'm so sad about all the cancer talk. I do pray too. I think of all the terrible chemicals we have in our food and products and wish we could go back to a simpler time.

I have been sewing. I'm teaching a kids quilting class this week and I pre-spent the money on a new dress form. It goes from a small to Xlarge. My son said I should do plus sizes because he says big girls like to dress like the skinny girls but no one makes anything fun for them. Plus most of my outfits can be worn by small to larger anyway. So I'm doing some 2x and 3 x sizes. I'm a Xlarge and this means I can try on my creations to see how they look. I had to order a foam children's play mat to stand on. My legs have been in big time pain. I have too much fun sewing and don't stop when I should. I have sold 4 dresses so far. Al for $125.00 each. They were a lot of work. I need to sell the easy ones now!!

Anyway, I'm still here. I need to get ready for class. Thankfully I only have 3 students. They run me ragged and I spend the rest of the day in bed.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  07:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Peg, Sometimes I just wake up and if that happens, I throw on gym shorts and go make the best of it. Then I come home and write.
Bunny, I seriously believe that all the junk we are surrounded with is causing our bodies to react adversely. Having grown up in New Orleans, we didn't leave there until I was 12, I know about the refineries and the horror that caused. I try real hard to never buy anything from China as they don't care who they poison as long as there is a penny profit to be made. Praying for the easy ones to be snapped up.
Tammy, my did did not allow either my sister or I to talk with an accent. However, under the right circumstances, spitting mad counts, some southernisisms tend to creep out. When ever I do tell people where I was born and actually went to school for years it shocks them.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  10:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls! I'm hopping up here on the porch. I've been gone for a while and forgot where the porch was. Took me a few days to find it but I made it! I got to read some of the posts on here. I'm praying for the cancer and healing. I found out the other day that a good friend of mine from college has leukemia. He's close to my age so not yet 40. My prayer journal is starting to fill up but I try to be faithful.

So went to my parents today and picked up a five gallon bucket of tomatoes. There's big beef, romas, and cherry tomatoes. Quite a collection. I told my mom that I would can them. This is my first time canning tomatoes by myself. Excited and nervous at the same time. I've gotten pretty good at the other veggies. Maters are just a little more work. I'll figure it out. That's what the Blue Book is for. Trying to can more this year because I've come not to trust what's in the little cans at the grocery. I don't know where the veggies came from or how they were raised and I'm not sure about what the can is made out of. I was told at one time a recycled car from Japan. There's a butcher a hour or so away that we like to get our meat from. If you think about it only very few grocery stores actually cut and grind their meat now. I'm starting to get selective in what I buy and consume. My MIL is set in her way though and it's hard for her to change. She owns the house we live in and she lives in the finished basement. I'm looking at mine and my husband's health. He's gained quite a few pounds since living here and so have I. So it's time to do something about it before diabetes or heart disease creeps in.

Other than that it's all good here in the Kentucky country. I hear it might be a cold winter. Anybody else getting prepared?

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2013 :  5:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey all...been a,while. Helping dh with blueberry harvest. Crop is down.. Has not been good haying weather. Sorry about all the illness. Wishing and praying for recovery for all.

Just got my first mid magazine and devoured it! Gotta make the smothered fried. Well ttfn
Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page